PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket 2018/19 Dot Count

Kojock
22-04-2018, 04:12 PM
I know that supporters have until 1st June to renew before their seats will be released, but IMHO very few will become available. Current availability is,

West: Sect 1 - 169, sect 2 - 57, sect 9 - 106, sect 10 - 40 Total = 426
South: sect 18 - 1, sect 20 - 3, sect 21 - 6, sect 22 - 5, sect 24 - 3, sect 25 - 7 Total = 25
East: sect 37 - 13, sect 38 - 33, sect 43 - 1, sect 44 - 14, sect 45 - 216, Total =277
Grand Total Available = 728

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 04:17 PM
I know that supporters have until 1st June to renew before their seats will be released, but IMHO very few will become available. Current availability is,

South: sect 18 - 1, sect 20 - 3, sect 21 - 6, sect 22 - 5, sect 24 - 3, sect 25 - 7 Total = 25
East: sect 37 - 13, sect 38 - 33, sect 43 - 1, sect 44 - 14, sect 45 - 216, Total =277

Not good enough. PETRIE!! :grr:

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 04:23 PM

I don't quite understand, are you saying there are 728 ST holders still to renew? There will be far more than 728 seats available to buy if you want a new ST.

GlesgaeHibby
22-04-2018, 04:26 PM
I don't quite understand, are you saying there are 728 ST holders still to renew? There will be far more than 728 seats available to buy if you want a new ST.

Think that's the number that are available to buy for new ST holders just now.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 04:31 PM

That's all that are available just now as current season ticket holders' seats are unavailable until 1st June.

Kojock
22-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Think that's the number that are available to buy for new ST holders just now.

That's correct there are 728 seats available just now. More will become available when non renewals are released on 1st June but I honestly don't think that many people will not renew.

H18 SFR
22-04-2018, 04:35 PM
When will the CAT B season tickets be announced?

A - June 2nd - 9th
B - June 10th - 20th
C - June 21st - 30th
D - July

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 05:36 PM
When will the CAT B season tickets be announced?

A - June 2nd - 9th
B - June 10th - 20th
C - June 21st - 30th
D - July

I was just going to ask this.

The Category B season ticket should be for every game except the derby as we should be cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations next season.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 05:39 PM
I was just going to ask this.

The Category B season ticket should be for every game except the derby as we should be cutting the Celtic and Rangers allocations next season.

We’ll need to find somewhere to put them, to give them the option of buying tickets for the Hearts matches

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 05:48 PM
We’ll need to find somewhere to put them, to give them the option of buying tickets for the Hearts matches

Why?

Rangers and Celtic have season ticket holders who don't get access to Old Firm games due to the increased allocation they give each other. I'm sure Hearts do likewise in the Roseburn, or at least they used to.

The category B season ticket would be cheaper which would reflect the fact that it doesn't include the derby and I would also make it so category B season ticket holders get first refusal on any category A season ticket holder's seat if they make it available for the Hearts games under the new ticket exchange scheme.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 06:01 PM
That's correct there are 728 seats available just now. More will become available when non renewals are released on 1st June but I honestly don't think that many people will not renew.

I still don't see how that can be right, is every seat in the stadium available to be sold as a ST if the need arises?

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Why?

Rangers and Celtic have season ticket holders who don't get access to Old Firm games due to the increased allocation they give each other. I'm sure Hearts do likewise in the Roseburn, or at least they used to.

The category B season ticket would be cheaper which would reflect the fact that it doesn't include the derby and I would also make it so category B season ticket holders get first refusal on any category A season ticket holder's seat if they make it available for the Hearts games under the new ticket exchange scheme.

Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category A games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 06:03 PM

Not if it’s a “Category B” ticket

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category B games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.

They no Category A games??

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 06:05 PM
They no Category A games??

Yeah, oops typo. Edited :greengrin

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Why?

A wee bit contradicting yourself
A Category B season ticket holder should get 1st option on Cat a matches, ahead of walk ups

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Problem you've got is that home games vs Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and The Rangers are all classed as Category B games. We've done this before with season tickets under Mowbray I think.

Do you mean category A?

If so there's a difference between a fixture being given category A status by the police in terms of security and Hibs providing a category A/B season ticket. Aberdeen is a category A fixture but I'm sure we split the south stand for the 2-0 win in February.

The season ticket could be called anything. I just think there should be season tickets sold in the south stand which could be used for every match except Hearts due to the fact that they'll get the full stand in return for us getting the full Roseburn at Tynecastle.

CapitalGreen
22-04-2018, 06:16 PM
A Category B season ticket holder should get 1st option on Cat a matches, ahead of walk ups

They would get priority but they wouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket if Cat B season tickets sold > Tickets available for a Cat A game.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 06:21 PM
They would get priority but they wouldn’t be guaranteed a ticket if Cat B season tickets sold > Tickets available for a Cat A game.

I agree, but looking at the amount of empty seats we have in the ground on match days, I would hope non attending fans would release their seat for them

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 06:22 PM

I'm not sure if I'm understanding your point but if I am then of course category B season ticket holders would get priority to buy tickets for Hearts games before walk ups.

Just like at away games, season ticket holders are given priority to buy tickets before it goes to a general sale.

If any category A season ticket holder can't make a derby and decides to sell their seat back to Hibs then it would be put on sale to a category B season ticket holder to buy for a certain period before going on general sale.

CapitalGreen
22-04-2018, 06:24 PM
I agree, but looking at the amount of empty seats we have in the ground on match days, I would hope non attending fans would release their seat for them

Same but unless it is incentivised I don’t think many will unfortunately.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your point but if I am then of course category B season ticket holders would get priority to buy tickets for Hearts games before walk ups.

Just like at away games, season ticket holders are given priority to buy tickets before it goes to a general sale.

If any category A season ticket holder can't make a derby and decides to sell their seat back to Hibs then it would be put on sale to a category B season ticket holder to buy for a certain period before going on general sale.

That was my point, no worries

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 06:36 PM
That was my point, no worries

Ahh ok cool I wondered if we might be talking about the same thing. :aok:

I think it's worth exploring. It's a nice problem to have and definitely worth striking while the iron's hot.

Ozyhibby
22-04-2018, 06:43 PM

A £5 discount of the next seasons season ticket would be a decent incentive for any return which is sold for full price.
Will mean Hibs make money selling the ticket at the time and the person handing back their ticket is incentivised to buy a season ticket again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rocky
22-04-2018, 06:46 PM

I'm not sure that will happen to be honest. I'm sure Cat B season ticket holders will get priority for any seats that aren't ST seats but for released ST seats, which are likely to happen in dribs and drabs, I'd imagine it would be a free for all.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Ahh ok cool I wondered if we might be talking about the same thing. :aok:

I think it's worth exploring. It's a nice problem to have and definitely worth striking while the iron's hot.

It is, but think the club will want to continue selling full price tickets in the 3 main stands for a bit though

Hibeesim
22-04-2018, 07:34 PM
I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Cheers :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 07:42 PM
I am looking to come up from Carlisle with my 6 year old son next season, and even though I will not be able to bring him every home game, I would like him to support a club like Hibs, rather than going to see Carlisle, Annan, Rangers, Celtic...

I have always had a soft spot for Hibs, even though I am originally from Southampton, and a Southampton fan. It is not realistic to try and get him to support Southampton, as that would not be fair on the boy. Not because we are completely rubbish at the moment, but because of the distance.

I was was wondering if there is a membership option for myself and him, or a season ticket would be the only way? I have registered for tickets, but I was wondering what the chances are of getting hold of tickets for around half of the home games, on a Saturday.

I hope that you will welcome a 40 something southern to Easter Road, and you might just get yourself a passionate young supporter for the future.

Welcome.

Next season, I would say the only way you would be able to guarantee getting to games is with a season ticket although if you bought early enough for individual games, you would probably be able to get to most games outside of Hearts, Rangers and Celtic.

There is the Hibs Kids initiative which costs £15 and gets you into 4 home matches each season plus other benefits.

http://generationhibs.co.uk/hibs-kids/

BSEJVT
22-04-2018, 07:44 PM

Everyone is welcome at ER

I honestly don't think there is a more inclusive club in the country.

Our Hibs Kids (which you should join your boy into) and Kicks for Kids which provides free tickets for all sorts of community groups is testimony to that.

Welcome to the Hibs family to you and your son

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Welcome to the forum. If you have a client reference number already then you're eligible to buy tickets for most games, I think for games v Hearts, Rangers and Celtic you need a purchase history of some sort but that will be easy because you'll have bought tickets previously for games like Hamilton or Patrick etc if you're serious about supporting Hibs. You'll be able to buy more than one ticket with you're reference number through the E Tickets website and they usually go on sale weeks, if not months in advance, just watch out for fixture changes due to tv broadcasters. This tends to happen for the big games v the OF and Hearts.

bingo70
22-04-2018, 07:46 PM

Not really relevant to your question but out of curiosity why don’t you want him supporting Carlisle?

Don’t know the first thing about them so I can only assume it’s because that hearts ******* Danny Grainger plays for them?

Juniper Greens
22-04-2018, 07:47 PM

I just don't really get this...the incentive is more money for hibs, which will lead to a better team/quality of entertainment, which makes the season ticket better value for money.
Another is more backing for the team from the stands, helping players perform and thus helping results
Good enough for me

bingo70
22-04-2018, 07:56 PM
I just don't really get this...the incentive is more money for hibs, which will lead to a better team/quality of entertainment, which makes the season ticket better value for money.
Another is more backing for the team from the stands, helping players perform and thus helping results
Good enough for me

I’m probably one of the culprits of this tbf.

My boy has a season ticket as the seat beside me became free and it doesn’t cost much to add him to my direct debit. I’m really busy at work though and more often than not when I do have time to call the ticket office to tell them it’ll be free to be re sold I simply can’t be bothered or I forget.

It’s also handy to have available in case I get a last minute change of heart and decide to take him or if I get a late call from a mate looking for a ticket.

If there was an incentive for me and/or it was a quick online process to release his ticket I probably would, if there’s not I won’t.

Realise that’s not Uber fan material however I don’t think my situation is unique and is probably the case for a lot of fans.

BegbieHSC
22-04-2018, 08:00 PM
I honestly can’t comprehend how far we as a club have come in recent years with the fact that our 20,000 seater stadium is almost getting too small to accommodate both season ticket holders and away fans.

Stubbs, Lennon and Dempster have sent us down the path of reaching our own potential. Honestly, I don’t have enough praise or thanks I can offer them.

Nevi_SOL
22-04-2018, 08:01 PM
I think the incentive for releasing a ticket should be a £5 voucher for the club store.
Win win situation
Club resells a ticket at full price whilst also gets more fans into the club store.
Person releasing the ticket gets £5 off some goodies whilst also spending more meaning more goes back into the club 😁👌🏼

Juniper Greens
22-04-2018, 08:06 PM
I’m probably one of the culprits of this tbf.

My boy has a season ticket as the seat beside me became free and it doesn’t cost much to add him to my direct debit. I’m really busy at work though and more often than not when I do have time to call the ticket office to tell them it’ll be free to be re sold I simply can’t be bothered or I forget.

It’s also handy to have available in case I get a last minute change of heart and decide to take him or if I get a late call from a mate looking for a ticket.

If there was an incentive for me and/or it was a quick online process to release his ticket I probably would, if there’s not I won’t.

Realise that’s not Uber fan material however I don’t think my situation is unique and is probably the case for a lot of fans.

I see your point, and I agree with you 100% on the "it needs to be easy to do" point. I just don't think hibs should be giving out incentives.

Hopefully they can introduce a simpler system, maybe even just a number that you can text with a seat number and they recognise the number used to send the text from their database?

El Gubbz
22-04-2018, 08:18 PM
I see your point, and I agree with you 100% on the "it needs to be easy to do" point. I just don't think hibs should be giving out incentives.

Hopefully they can introduce a simpler system, maybe even just a number that you can text with a seat number and they recognise the number used to send the text from their database?

Incentives would make folk much more likely to release their seat and would end up making Hibs much more cash.

Must have been about 4-500 missing yesterday based on the official attendance. If those 4-500 each got a 10er and those seats were resold Hibs would be making £18 on each seat that has already been paid for.

That’s back of the fag packet maths but I’m unlikely to release my ticket on the off chance one of my non ST pals fancies it on the day and I imagine others are the same. I’d probably take the 10er, even if in club shop vouchers, just to get something back from the £20 (effectively the cost per game) I’m missing out on.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 08:20 PM

Like the idea of your 2nd point
Maybe you should send an email to LD. Anything that makes it easier to release a seat is worth doing

bingo70
22-04-2018, 08:27 PM
I think the incentive for releasing a ticket should be a £5 voucher for the club store.
Win win situation
Club resells a ticket at full price whilst also gets more fans into the club store.
Person releasing the ticket gets £5 off some goodies whilst also spending more meaning more goes back into the club 😁👌🏼

Problem with that idea is that it costs about £60 for a kids season ticket, to get paid £5 for releasing it would mean there’s potential to make back about £90 (give or take) off a £60 purchase. No question that’s be abused imo.

I’m nit picking though and there’d be obvious ways of closing those loopholes, wouldn’t be as simple as just offering a fiver per ticket returned though.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Problem with that idea is that it costs about £60 for a kids season ticket, to get paid £5 for releasing it would mean there’s potential to make back about £90 (give or take) off a £60 purchase. No question that’s be abused imo.

I’m nit picking though and there’d be obvious ways of closing those loopholes, wouldn’t be as simple as just offering a fiver per ticket returned though.

Bingo, where can you get a kids ticket for £60?

bingo70
22-04-2018, 08:46 PM

West upper I think it costs about that?

I just add it to my monthly direct debit and it costs about £5 odd a month over 11 months. Don’t really pay attention to the final total.

Might be slightly more than that but that’s the ball park figure.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 08:52 PM

It's £75 for an early bird season ticket in the East, West and Famous Five upper for children aged between 2-11 for next season.

bingo70
22-04-2018, 08:58 PM
It's £75 for an early bird season ticket in the East, West and Famous Five upper for children aged between 2-11 for next season.

Cheers, shows how much i pay attention.

Over a 11 or 12 month payment plan not much difference though.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 09:01 PM
Cheers, shows how much i pay attention.

Over a 11 or 12 month payment plan not much difference though.

Too much money Bingo

bingo70
22-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Too much money Bingo

Chance would be a fine thing!

In all seriousness though when the stadium is full, like it is these days, it probably seems kids season tickets are too cheap but what a great way to grow the next generation of hibs supporters.

It’s a bit of a long term strategy but if the club continues to grow at the rate it currently is there could be some very exciting times ahead.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 09:07 PM
Chance would be a fine thing!

In all seriousness though when the stadium is full, like it is these days, it probably seems kids season tickets are too cheap but what a great way to grow the next generation of hibs supporters.

It’s a bit of a long term strategy but if the club continues to grow at the rate it currently is there could be some very exciting times ahead.

I’m all for that

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 01:59 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180427/b4458d9b4b40fdd0b8d3d25cb1168424.jpg

Souter96Mac
27-04-2018, 02:10 PM
At this rate we'll have 14-15k season ticket holders! Unbelievable stuff

pacoluna
27-04-2018, 02:37 PM
ericb ericb
Posted 3 minutes ago
Wee team sold 10k according to Leanne on Twitter, I wonder how much we are at? Half that?

Poor lads confused.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 02:53 PM
ericb ericb
Posted 3 minutes ago
Wee team sold 10k according to Leanne on Twitter, I wonder how much we are at? Half that?

Poor lads confused.

We’ll have an idea on Wednesday as that’s when existing season ticket holders who have not bought again have their seats released.

Billy Whizz
27-04-2018, 02:54 PM
We’ll have an idea on Wednesday as that’s when existing season ticket holders who have not bought again have their seats released.

Are you sure it’s Wednesday?
I though it was 1st June?

worcesterhibby
27-04-2018, 03:09 PM

If you are on the ball and buy early, you will be able to get tickets for most games, except maybe the derby, particularly if you don't mind sitting in the South. I only get up to ER 3 or 4 times a year because of distance and work commitments and as long as you buy tickets as soon as they become available you can generally get your hands on them. As others have said, joining Hibs Kids is a great deal for your lad.

It quite fun to go to the odd away game too. My Daughter lives in Dundee, so generally try to get to one of the away days at Dens park too..again have never found tickets too hard to get for matches like that.

If only Mathew Le Tiss had been a Hibby....he could have been a legend ! :greengrin

Tynie01011973
27-04-2018, 03:11 PM

He's talking about Hertz ST holders have up to 2 May to renew

Billy Whizz
27-04-2018, 03:31 PM
He's talking about Hertz ST holders have up to 2 May to renew

Ok, but thought it was a thread about Hibs season tickets

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 03:41 PM

I meant the yams. I’m sure they are Wednesday.

Ozyhibby
27-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Ok, but thought it was a thread about Hibs season tickets

Pack Luna took us off topic.