PDA

View Full Version : Kept behind

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Genuinely don't know the answer to this:

Does anyone know why Hibs fans have to wait behind the metal gates after match? This happens to us at Tynecastle, but as far as I know, we are the only set of home fans kept behind at our own ground?

Would love to hear the reasoning for it.

heidtheba
22-04-2018, 07:13 AM
You can accept that as an away fan, I even accepted it at Ibrox at a cup-semi (even though I hated it - totally intimidating and the police helicopters made it seem almost apocalyptic), but as a home fan? Naw. Just wrong.

Hibernian Verse
22-04-2018, 07:17 AM
Maybe the fans reps could bring this up?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

we are hibs
22-04-2018, 07:28 AM
It's ridiculous. Don't know why it's so hard to keep the away fans back 20 minutes so the home fans can get away. It's also a bit of a pointless exercise because by the time 3800 away fans get out the ground and hibs fans walk down st.clair street they will end up mixing with the away fans near the top of Easter road

RoYO!
22-04-2018, 07:35 AM
We cut through the car park from the T.O towards the south and walked straight out the other end. This was while the metal gate was still up.

Joe6-2
22-04-2018, 07:44 AM
I could never understand why away fans are kept back, especially at places like Ipox. Wouldn’t it be better to let away fans get out and head home, rather than home fans who can hang about waiting

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Genuinely don't know the answer to this:

Does anyone know why Hibs fans have to wait behind the metal gates after match? This happens to us at Tynecastle, but as far as I know, we are the only set of home fans kept behind at our own ground?

Would love to hear the reasoning for it.

Does this happen in the West BH?
Departed as normal from the East yesterday

BlackSheep
22-04-2018, 07:47 AM
We cut through the car park from the T.O towards the south and walked straight out the other end. This was while the metal gate was still up.

I contemplated this yesterday but didn’t want to make the journey on crutches to find it blaocked at the South end.... I will remember his for future tho 👍🏻

Pretty Boy
22-04-2018, 07:48 AM
I could never understand why away fans are kept back, especially at places like Ipox. Wouldn’t it be better to let away fans get out and head home, rather than home fans who can hang about waiting

That's the reason a Policeman gave me when I asked him about it at ER after a game v Rangers a couple of years ago. 'They're all heading in roughly the same direction so it's easier to let them clear the area.' When I asked why the same logic wasn't applied at Ibrox he just stood with his mouth hanging open then said if I didn't shut it I'd be arrested.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Does this happen in the West BH?
Departed as normal from the East yesterday

Happens at West for all Category A games, realling rips my knitting

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 07:51 AM
That's the reason a Policeman gave me when I asked him about it at ER after a game v Rangers a couple of years ago. 'They're all heading in roughly the same direction so it's easier to let them clear the area.' When I asked why the same logic wasn't applied at Ibrox he just stood with his mouth hanging open then said if I didn't shut it I'd be arrested.

Haha the default answer on questioning their logic, you want a night in cells

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 07:51 AM

Didn’t know that

3pm
22-04-2018, 07:53 AM
How long would we have had to wait if they’d won the league?

I assume they’d have been locked in while they were partying.

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2018, 07:56 AM
You are not being kept back or locked in you are being stopped from mixing with the departing unwashed to prevent problems. All you have to do is go down St Clair St.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 07:58 AM
You are not being kept back or locked in you are being stopped from mixing with the departing unwashed to prevent problems. All you have to do is go down St Clair St.

Why should we though?

howdenthehibby
22-04-2018, 08:04 AM
I done the same , it means mixing with the away fans which isn't a problem unless it's the Huns and maybe Hertz.

RoYO!
22-04-2018, 08:07 AM
I done the same , it means mixing with the away fans which isn't a problem unless it's the Huns and maybe Hertz.

Yep, sometimes they'll stop you at the gate, but it was straight out yesterday- although we waited in the east for a good while prior to getting out.

Danny_Hibee
22-04-2018, 08:20 AM
As it is at Tynecastle it’s not actually the Hibs fans that are being made to wait or kept behind, the metal gate is designed in such a way that it stops fans from passing through it from both sides and actually stops the away fans from getting through as well.

hibbysam
22-04-2018, 08:22 AM
As it is at Tynecastle it’s not actually the Hibs fans that are being made to wait or kept behind, the metal gate is designed in such a way that it stops fans from passing through it from both sides and actually stops the away fans from getting through as well.

But it doesn’t affect the away fans as they go over the bridge anyway? Plus both sets of fans can mix very quickly by going through the flats at the rear of the East towards meadowbank.

Brightside
22-04-2018, 08:24 AM
Why should we though?

Do what your told or it’s a night in the cells for you.

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 08:26 AM
But it doesn’t affect the away fans as they go over the bridge anyway? Plus both sets of fans can mix very quickly by going through the flats at the rear of the East towards meadowbank.

Don’t the away fans come along Albion Road after the game rather than being sent over the bridge?

neil7908
22-04-2018, 08:28 AM
This really annoys me. I live close to the stadium but in the area behind the south stand. So I tend to sit in the West because its closest to me. It only takes me a few minutes to get home but I have to take a massive detour or wait around for the away fans to leave for the category A games.

And if the away fans win they are in absolutely no rush.

It's definitely an area I'd like the club to look at. Hardly the end of the world but it does affect hundreds or more of our fans.

hibbysam
22-04-2018, 08:38 AM
Don’t the away fans come along Albion Road after the game rather than being sent over the bridge?

Most use the bridge as they then head up Easter road, so quicker.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-04-2018, 08:38 AM
So....

We visit the Glasgow teams and we get held back after the final whistle

The Glasgow teams visit us and we get held back after the final whistle

Police Scotland (Glasgow) at its finest

It comes down to the placement of the metal wall

Put it further up the street and send the away fans along Crawford Bridge - then they are more than half way up Easter Road and closer to the supporters busses and train station

Simple

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Most use the bridge as they then head up Easter road, so quicker.

Ah ok. I thought they had stopped that due to the amount of folk trying to get over the bridge at the same time

Cabbage East
22-04-2018, 08:41 AM
It’s punishment for us being a bit radge. Sometimes.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Very obvious visual that the situation is under control.

Jones28
22-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Why should we though?

It's a pain in the arse but we give away teams a considerable % of our stadium for cat A games - whereas at Celtic Park and Ibrox we have virtually 2 % of the capacity. So it makes sense for the authorities to keep 900/1000 people back and let the 50000 disperse before letting us out.

What I don't understand is why not put the barrier at the junction 100 yards down the road - means less of an inconvenience for home supporters while keeping the two sets of fans separate.

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 08:50 AM
It's a pain in the arse but we give away teams a considerable % of our stadium for cat A games - whereas at Celtic Park and Ibrox we have virtually 2 % of the capacity. So it makes sense for the authorities to keep 900/1000 people back and let the 50000 disperse before letting us out.

What I don't understand is why not put the barrier at the junction 100 yards down the road - means less of an inconvenience for home supporters while keeping the two sets of fans separate.

That would make more sense, a barrier at junction at Scorpios

Jones28
22-04-2018, 08:52 AM

I'm sure it's been done before as well.

green day
22-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Yes, but I suspect the police would not be happy - from a safety perspective - sending 3600 away fans across the Crawford Bridge, risk of crushing etc etc.

I am no fan of this (my ST is in the West, and I park at Meadowbank) but understand why its necessary.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 09:04 AM

Is that not a massage parlour😎

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Yes, but I suspect the police would not be happy - from a safety perspective - sending 3600 away fans across the Crawford Bridge, risk of crushing etc etc.

I am no fan of this (my ST is in the West, and I park at Meadowbank) but understand why its necessary.

At least you won't have to wait then if you park at Meadowbank. Yesterday when we were let out, there were sellick fans on the other side hanging about

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 09:09 AM
It's annoying but I have never waited, just take the St Clair Street route to Easter Road.

StevieC
22-04-2018, 09:13 AM
A few years ago they tried keeping back the Rangers supporters and letting Hibs fans away first.
As pointed out above, a lot of Hibs fans were at bus stops, and in shops and pubs, at the top end of Easter Road. They then let the Huns out and there were lots of reported assaults on Hibs fans as the hoardes piled up Easter Road spitting venom.

It might be an inconvenience, but I'd rather that than see some innocent Hibs fan on the wrong end of a brutal assault.

Aim Here
22-04-2018, 09:14 AM
This really annoys me. I live close to the stadium but in the area behind the south stand. So I tend to sit in the West because its closest to me. It only takes me a few minutes to get home but I have to take a massive detour or wait around for the away fans to leave for the category A games.

And if the away fans win they are in absolutely no rush.

It's definitely an area I'd like the club to look at. Hardly the end of the world but it does affect hundreds or more of our fans.

I have a similar irritation getting home after cat A matches, but being ten minutes walking distance from the ground, even with the barriers up, is not really a hardship, if you're reasonably mobile. There's not that many people in our situation, and the inconvenience is hardly an issue, given that there are others maybe taking an hour or three to get to and from the match.

Just think of it as just Police Scotland's way of getting you to take more exercise!

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 09:16 AM
A few years ago they tried keeping back the Rangers supporters and letting Hibs fans away first.
As pointed out above, a lot of Hibs fans were at bus stops, and in shops and pubs, at the top end of Easter Road. They then let the Huns out and there were lots of reported assaults on Hibs fans as the hoardes piled up Easter Road spitting venom.

It might be an inconvenience, but I'd rather that than see some innocent Hibs fan on the wrong end of a brutal assault.

Didn't know that Stevie, in that case I would agree with you

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 09:25 AM
So....

We visit the Glasgow teams and we get held back after the final whistle

The Glasgow teams visit us and we get held back after the final whistle

Police Scotland (Glasgow) at its finest

It comes down to the placement of the metal wall

Put it further up the street and send the away fans along Crawford Bridge - then they are more than half way up Easter Road and closer to the supporters busses and train station

Simple

We don't get held back at Easter Road at all, everyone can leave the stadium at FT.

SouthMoroccoStu
22-04-2018, 09:46 AM
We don't get held back at Easter Road at all, everyone can leave the stadium at FT.

If you’re trying to get to Easter Road you have to take a massive detour or you get held back behind a big metal wall

Due to this we lost The Albion Bar

As the home fans, why are we inconvenienced?

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Is that not a massage parlour😎

You know more than me:greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2018, 10:07 AM
I'm sure it's been done before as well.

It used to be barriered there years ago and there was a right going riot as a result. The barrier was then change to the wall thing probably to stop you seeing them leaving along the road and launching missiles at them as used to happen.

I think there are two barriers now. One to force them accross the bridge and the other at the ticket office.

Suppose they want to stop the ambushing the head jobs used to set up and get them up to Regent Rd 5/10 minutes ahead of the main body of Hibs fans to avoid hassle at Middletons where the muppets gather.

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 10:40 AM
If you’re trying to get to Easter Road you have to take a massive detour or you get held back behind a big metal wall

As explained above it makes sense and results in a much safer after match environment for all.

22-04-2018, 10:47 AM

As long as they don’t block access to Scorpios

green day
22-04-2018, 03:03 PM
At least you won't have to wait then if you park at Meadowbank. Yesterday when we were let out, there were sellick fans on the other side hanging about

You really dont have to wait long though.

I left, walked round the stadium, along lochend butterfly way and by the time I got behind the South the barriers must have been lifted as it was Hibbies walking along Albion Road.

Its about ten minutes if you dont want to walk round. Only happens at Celtic, Huns, Sheep and Jambos matches, so not exactly a hardship over the entire season.

green day
22-04-2018, 03:05 PM

You are not seriously saying that the Albion Bar shut down because a barrier is up for ten minutes after football matches a few times a season????

Scouse Hibee
22-04-2018, 03:07 PM

The Albion bar closed because of lack of business overall, not lost revenue from a few Cat A games.

lord bunberry
22-04-2018, 03:42 PM
It didn’t look like the hearts fans were being held back at ibrox today. Just after the final whistle the end was nearly empty, and the ones that were left streaming out.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 03:45 PM
It didn’t look like the hearts fans were being held back at ibrox today. Just after the final whistle the end was nearly empty, and the ones that were left streaming out.

They usually lock the gates about 10 mins before the end of the match, so they must have left really early

lord bunberry
22-04-2018, 03:48 PM
They usually lock the gates about 10 mins before the end of the match, so they must have left really early
I don’t think that’s what it was. There was still a decent amount of them there near the end.

Hibee87
22-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Was that when we split the stand due to the east being built? I remember a bit of hassel outside the south, a big rangers fan got flattend by police horse haha

StevieC
22-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Was that when we split the stand due to the east being built? I remember a bit of hassel outside the south, a big rangers fan got flattend by police horse haha

Can't remember when it was, my memory for dates is terrible, but I can remember that it was tried at a Rangers game .. and reports of Hibs fans getting attacked on Easter Road (especially vulnerable were those waiting at bus stops).

Baldy Foghorn
22-04-2018, 08:17 PM
Spoke to a retired policeman tonight, who told me it is easier to get away fans out and up to regent road area. Fair do's

bookert
22-04-2018, 11:37 PM

Yep really annoys me too, however weren't held back long yesterday and the way I felt didn't matter too much anyway.

jockodile
23-04-2018, 07:50 AM

This times 10 for those on the away leg at AEK Athens in the aftermath of September 11th. Tiny contingent of Hibs fans held back for 1 hr, then released to a waiting guard of honour. Total madness

Ringothedog
23-04-2018, 12:47 PM
This times 10 for those on the away leg at AEK Athens in the aftermath of September 11th. Tiny contingent of Hibs fans held back for 1 hr, then released to a waiting guard of honour. Total madness

It was fun though 🇳🇬

hibbyfraelibby
23-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Yep really annoys me too, however weren't held back long yesterday and the way I felt didn't matter too much anyway.

This is getting tiresome so lets just get this clear NOBODY was held back at this or any other game. The fact some leople are too lazy to use the open exit routes to get away from the stadium and choose to hang around for roads to be reopened and then throw a strop. The club even puts out PA messages, I've heard them, telling you which way to go. You are not being held back

Scouse Hibee
23-04-2018, 03:29 PM
This is getting tiresome so lets just get this clear NOBODY was held back at this or any other game. The fact some leople are too lazy to use the open exit routes to get away from the stadium and choose to hang around for roads to be reopened and then throw a strop. The club even puts out PA messages, I've heard them, telling you which way to go. You are not being held back

Exactly, road closed take an alternative route.

SquashedFrogg
23-04-2018, 04:10 PM

Not sure why such a strop? It's a legitimate issue for some.

hibbyfraelibby
23-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Not sure why such a strop? It's a legitimate issue for some.

...because some people are blowing something up out of all proportion to the reality of what actually happens at all the big games now and in the past and use it to have an.unjustified pop at the club...just like the closed roads thread.

Baldy Foghorn
23-04-2018, 04:40 PM
...because some people are blowing something up out of all proportion to the reality of what actually happens at all the big games now and in the past and use it to have an.unjustified pop at the club...just like the closed roads thread.

Woooooaaaahhh easy.....Who was having a pop at the Club?

Frazerbob
23-04-2018, 05:50 PM
I think it’s now been explained by a few different supporters. If we get out first, the top of Easter Road will be full of Hibs fans hanging around pubs and bus stops etc. Sitting ducks for the hoardes of Rantic/Hearts fans who will then have to walk past en-mass. Letting the away fans out first means they’ve mostly cleared the area before we walk through. Time to put this to bed.

Jay
23-04-2018, 06:30 PM

I think i was at a different game to everybody else. I thought we were waiting ages and i was chittering with the cold the whole game!

green day
28-04-2018, 05:10 PM
What the absolute **** were the stupid stewards doing at the west today. They had tape and barriers up - far too close to the stadium - stopping us leaving at the end.

It was Killie, FFS, two men and a dug (or, perhaps 700 fans) not Celtic / Huns.

Asked why - couldnt tell us, usual "boss told us" response. Absolutely stupid.

Was only 5 mins, just really frustrating.......almost missed my bus :greengrin

keep the faith
28-04-2018, 05:22 PM
I think they should lock all the gates from 80 mins. Maybe keep all the early leavers in the ground! Imagine leaving a game like today's early!!!

Eyrie
28-04-2018, 09:03 PM
What the absolute **** were the stupid stewards doing at the west today. They had tape and barriers up - far too close to the stadium - stopping us leaving at the end.

It was Killie, FFS, two men and a dug (or, perhaps 700 fans) not Celtic / Huns.

Asked why - couldnt tell us, usual "boss told us" response. Absolutely stupid.

Was only 5 mins, just really frustrating.......almost missed my bus :greengrin

Completely pointless.

I didn't bother waiting as I was in a rush, so headed along Albion Road and up Easter Road. I was at the end of Bothwell Street before the Killie fans got there.

Danderhall Hibs
29-04-2018, 02:27 AM
I was in a rush today and parked at sainsburys for a quick getaway -police told me they had had “intel” and that was the reason.

Went the long way round and it didn’t appear that anything had happened. So either the police done a brilliant job or nothing happened...

BS44
29-04-2018, 05:35 AM
I was in a rush today and parked at sainsburys for a quick getaway -police told me they had had “intel” and that was the reason.

Went the long way round and it didn’t appear that anything had happened. So either the police done a brilliant job or nothing happened...

There was trouble outside the Mash Tun before the game,didn't happen to see it myself so I've no idea how serious it was. Guess that the police decided to get the Killie fans clear of the stadium to avoid the chance of anymore fighting outside the West as the fans left together.

greenlex
29-04-2018, 08:25 AM
There was a bit of pavement dancing at the top of Abbeyhill as the Killie supporters were going to their buses. Maybe the intell was correct.

green day
29-04-2018, 08:33 AM
There was a bit of pavement dancing at the top of Abbeyhill as the Killie supporters were going to their buses. Maybe the intell was correct.

Yes, I saw a lot of police activity up there post match.

However it doesnt explain the stupidity of the security staff decision to hold people back outside the west - they told people yesterday "just go along past the ticket office, you can get out that way and walk back along" - i.e. if you want to cause bother with the killie fans, just take a 2 minute detour :aok:

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Yes, I saw a lot of police activity up there post match.

However it doesnt explain the stupidity of the security staff decision to hold people back outside the west - they told people yesterday "just go along past the ticket office, you can get out that way and walk back along" - i.e. if you want to cause bother with the killie fans, just take a 2 minute detour :aok:

Do you think they should have sent you a longer way around then?

Those little detours just help crowds disperse a bit to stop large numbers of opposing fans clashing as best as possible. It's already been established that there was some intel and that there was a little bit of trouble right enough. You've acknowledged that someone else told them to do it so I'm not sure why you're giving the steward's a hard time when they've rightly been receiving praise for their west stand efforts today.

green day
29-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Those little detours just help crowds disperse a bit to stop large numbers of opposing fans clashing as best as possible. It's already been established that there was some intel and that there was a little bit of trouble right enough. You've acknowledged that someone else told them to do it so I'm not sure why you're giving the steward's a hard time when they've rightly been receiving praise for their west stand efforts today.

Because nobody could understand why there were barriers right in front of the west at the South exit and the gate was shut
Because the stewards had no explanation other than "my boss told me"
Because they told people they could walk round by the ticket office it didnt make sense
Because it was killie with 2 men and a dug, and this only usually happens for Cat A matches
Because - due to the location the stewards put in place - people were being crowded together inside the exit of the West.
Because when challenged they had no decent explanation for any of the above

The chat about "intel" didnt appear til later, but if the stewards had said police orders, then why were there no barriers up at Albion Road - it was the stupidity of it all that pissed me off.

That enough?

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Because nobody could understand why there were barriers right in front of the west at the South exit and the gate was shut
Because they told people they could walk round by the ticket office it didnt make sense
Because it was killie with 2 men and a dug, and this only usually happens for Cat A matches
Because - due to the location the stewards put in place - people were being crowded together inside the exit of the West.

The chat about "intel" didnt appear til later, but if the stewards had said police orders, then why were there no barriers up at Albion Road - it was the stupidity of it all that pissed me off.

That enough?

To be honest, none of those are really reasons to give the steward's a hard time are they.
They were told to do something, and they done what they were told is what's happened here.

LustForLeith
29-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Passed a few young Killie fans yesterday who had run into trouble. One of them in particular looked to have a broken nose.

Slightly off topic but is the Mash Ton the old Utopia? I always thought it was strange that I’m match days they used to have a non colours policy so it ended up full of Hibs casuals. If it’s the same place then I’ve seen a few ‘faces’ outside it on match days. Prime location for bumping into opposing fans.

percy veer
29-04-2018, 09:15 AM

Possible practice for next game at home?

Scouse Hibee
29-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Passed a few young Killie fans yesterday who had run into trouble. One of them in particular looked to have a broken nose.

Slightly off topic but is the Mash Ton the old Utopia? I always thought it was strange that I’m match days they used to have a non colours policy so it ended up full of Hibs casuals. If it’s the same place then I’ve seen a few ‘faces’ outside it on match days. Prime location for bumping into opposing fans.

Colours of both teams are usuallg welcome in the Mash Tun, have met plenty of away fans in there and never the slightest hint of bother.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2018, 09:23 AM

That enough?

The gates were shut, the stewards were doing what they were told, not their decision, you had an alternative way out. The cops were obviously expecting bother, there was bother and just because of 120 seconds of inconvenience you are going off on one?

Think back a few years, before our little Championship, adventure and remember those gates were closed most games.

I trust the cops to be making decisions in the interest of public safety, I respect the stewards who are carrying out instructions, even if they do not know who oordered it or the reason for it. Maybe others instead of giving the plod or steward on the street grief they could chill out a bit and be patient and appreciate the world doesnt revolve around their specific selfish needs.

green day
29-04-2018, 09:24 AM
To be honest, none of those are really reasons to give the steward's a hard time are they.
They were told to do something, and they done what they were told is what's happened here.

Woa there tiger - who said I gave the stewards a hard time???

I am posting on this forum that I was a bit annoyed - I wasnt the only one BTW - but I didnt give them a mouthful or anything.

Maybe I am just pissed off at the general herding around of football fans - regardless of whether some wee killie ********s cant keep their emotions in check, other totally decent fans dont deserve to be kettled, treated like dicks and not given a decent explanation by people who - by virtue of wearing a coloured jacket - are in some kind of pseudo authority position.

When presented with what appears to be a pointless or stupid scenario I will usually ask why - maybe that makes me a dick, but it also makes me feel a bit more informed.

Even the police are happy for you to ask them why - and they usually have a decent explanation and grasp of the situation.

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Woa there tiger - who said I gave the stewards a hard time???

You've called them stupid at least 4 times on this page of this very thread. 😂

I'm just pointing out the obvious, that they're doing the job they're told to do.

They work in public safety and a few people at the top have to make decisions, sometimes very quickly, and communicate that to a large number of people who then have to react quickly. They can't have dozens of stewards standing there going "but why that exit?" "But why now?" "But why this game" and questioning every decision, they just have to do it. Letting you know that it's an extra 2 minute walk the long way round sounds like a fair compromise.

Can you tell I used to be a steward? :greengrin

green day
29-04-2018, 09:46 AM
You've called them stupid at least 4 times on this page of this very thread. 😂

I'm just pointing out the obvious, that they're doing the job they're told to do.

They work in public safety and a few people at the top have to make decisions, sometimes very quickly, and communicate that to a large number of people who then have to react quickly. They can't have dozens of stewards standing there going "but why that exit?" "But why now?" "But why this game" and questioning every decision, they just have to do it. Letting you know that it's an extra 2 minute walk the long way round sounds like a fair compromise.

Can you tell I used to be a steward? :greengrin

Aye, you sound the type....😉

danhibees1875
29-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Aye, you sound the type....😉

Being able to take a hard time while repeatedly explaining the obvious was in the job description. :wink:

lord bunberry
29-04-2018, 09:56 AM
I came out of the East and tried to go round the back of the South to get to my car, but the steward stopped me. I had to walk round Lochend Butterfly Way. It seemed a bit pointless as when I walked round there were loads of hibs fans coming from the West mixing with killie fans anyway.

CorrieHibs
29-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Colours of both teams are usuallg welcome in the Mash Tun, have met plenty of away fans in there and never the slightest hint of bother.

Same! I drink in there and have never seen bother. Always get some good banter with opposition fans.

I left for the ground at 2.45, so the trouble must have been close to kick off.

hibbyfraelibby
29-04-2018, 10:11 AM
I came out of the East and tried to go round the back of the South to get to my car, but the steward stopped me. I had to walk round Lochend Butterfly Way. It seemed a bit pointless as when I walked round there were loads of hibs fans coming from the West mixing with killie fans anyway.

Why would you expect the leave the East that way? Surely you came in from the north end like everybody else? You cannot normally go that way so why think you could yestetday?

LustForLeith
29-04-2018, 04:35 PM

Sorry meant Utopia used to have a no colours policy.