PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen and Rangers

Northernhibee
21-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Won't beat Celtic.

There's every chance we'll beat Aberdeen and Rangers. Four huge, huge games coming up but all of a sudden we look like the team to beat.

I felt we weren't reaching close to our potential in the first half of the season and we're playing some fantastic football at just the right time. This is getting properly exciting now. :flag:

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 07:30 PM
There will be so many twists and turns.

bingo70
21-04-2018, 07:31 PM
I agree with your first point but I’m concerned about our trip to Pittodrie, without checking the stats I think we always struggle up there.

This hibs team is made of sterner stuff than previous years though so by no means out the question we could get something.

Before todays game I thought we’d finish 4th, after today’s game I think we’ll finish 3rd.

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I agree with your first point but I’m concerned about our trip to Pittodrie, without checking the stats I think we always struggle up there.

This hibs team is made of sterner stuff than previous years though so by no means out the question we could get something.

Before todays game I thought we’d finish 4th, after today’s game I think we’ll finish 3rd.

I think Aberdeen's superior goal difference to our's might come into play.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 07:36 PM
I don't see Aberdeen taking anything from Celtic or Rangers, they don't have the mentality we do against them. They have really struggled against Hearts this year as well.

It's all to play for and I honestly have no idea how it will play out. The game at Tynecastle is huge for us. For all our performances in derbies have improved we don't win there often and haven't done so for a while.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 07:38 PM

They're only ahead by a goal.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 07:39 PM

There's nothing in it. We were ahead of them on goal difference for a couple of hours today.

Cardinal Hibernian
21-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Won't beat Celtic.

There's every chance we'll beat Aberdeen and Rangers. Four huge, huge games coming up but all of a sudden we look like the team to beat.

I felt we weren't reaching close to our potential in the first half of the season and we're playing some fantastic football at just the right time. This is getting properly exciting now. :flag:The Dons could be 6 points ahead before we even touch the ball again. However, the mental toughness of this Hibernian team is to be admired.

A win against Kilmarnock next Saturday will secure 4th place at worst.

Oh for those daft home losses against Hamilton Accies and St Johnstone.

GGTTH

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

SChibs
21-04-2018, 07:40 PM
Come on the hibs. Last July I predicted hibs would do ish top 6 so booked a holiday for may. I have been to every game this season but now missing the lasg2 games. Will be worth it in end

Onion
21-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Would love to finish 2nd, but fear the Dons have been here before and might just pip us to it. Finishing 3rd, ahead of Sevco, would be fantastic and a good laugh too - especially if Motherwell won the Cup :greengrin

Far easier to be the horse coming up on the rails than the front runner, so glad to leave this to the last day of the season. Let's see how Sevco and their loanees handle that :greengrin

Mikey
21-04-2018, 08:08 PM
I'd love it if we go into the last game of the season in 3rd, 1 or 2 points behind Sevco. And then play like we did today!

RyeSloan
21-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Would love to finish 2nd, but fear the Dons have been here before and might just pip us to it. Finishing 3rd, ahead of Sevco, would be fantastic and a good laugh too - especially if Motherwell won the Cup :greengrin

Far easier to be the horse coming up on the rails than the front runner, so glad to leave this to the last day of the season. Let's see how Sevco and their loanees handle that :greengrin

Would take third in that scenario I think.

No Huns in Europe would be an excellent cherry on top of a great season.

Would be a travesty if we don’t make Europe considering some of our performances this year. An away win at Tynie could be the key...

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 08:12 PM

It would but sadly we wouldn't know if they had made Europe or not at that point as the cup final is the week after.

I agree it would be hilarious if they finished 4th and they had to rely on Celtic winning the cup so they could qualify for Europe. :greengrin

Tug Wilson
21-04-2018, 08:13 PM
All we can do is keep winning our games.

I reckon Hearts will lose tomorrow and Friday. They really only have one game to play and that's against us.

So when we play Killie Aberdeen could be 6 points ahead of us and Sevco 3 points ahead.

We must beat Killie to keep up the pressure. As the chasing team, one slip up will kill any chance of 2nd and probably even 3rd.

However there is no pressure on us. We have nothing to fear and both Aberdeen and Sevco must be a bit nervous after today's result.

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 08:17 PM
They're only ahead by a goal.

Noted, God knows where I got that from? Celebrating a bit hard here lol.

bingo70
21-04-2018, 08:17 PM
All we can do is keep winning our games.

I reckon Hearts will lose tomorrow and Friday. They really only have one game to play and that's against us.

So when we play Killie Aberdeen could be 6 points ahead of us and Sevco 3 points ahead.

We must beat Killie to keep up the pressure. As the chasing team, one slip up will kill any chance of 2nd and probably even 3rd.

However there is no pressure on us. We have nothing to fear and both Aberdeen and Sevco must be a bit nervous after today's result.

I agree about beating Killie next week, that needs to happen or we’ll finish 4th (no disaster) imo.

It sounds a bit corny and I don’t normally buy into this kind I f thing but I think the fans could play a huge part next week. Historically we’ve struggled the week after a big game as there isn’t the same intensity from the crowd which filters to the players and it becomes a bit flat. I really hope we sell out and give the team the atmosphere they deserve.

poolman
21-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Won't beat Celtic.

I felt we weren't reaching close to our potential in the first half of the season and we're playing some fantastic football at just the right time. This is getting properly exciting now. :flag:

I know it's an old cliche but one game at a time

Let's not starting making predictions :agree:

Rocky
21-04-2018, 08:31 PM
After today's result hearts can't catch us. Beat Killie next week and they can't catch us. Next week is huge and if we can capitalise in the kind of game we might be expected to slip up in I think we'll be favourites for second.

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 08:34 PM
I just want to have it pure and simple on the last day of the season.

Beat Rangers to finish 3rd or 2nd.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 09:25 PM
After today's result hearts can't catch us. Beat Killie next week and they can't catch us. Next week is huge and if we can capitalise in the kind of game we might be expected to slip up in I think we'll be favourites for second.

Yep.

If we win next week, we know the worst we've got is 4th place and we'll be no more than 3 points off 2nd place with 3 games left. We would still have our two competitors
left to play in those 3 games and they would still have each other to play as well so it would make for a very exciting finish.

Next week is a huge game for us.

Phil MaGlass
21-04-2018, 09:30 PM
Not to piss on anyones parade ,but, does anyone think, and, I know it's preposterous, but, does anyone think sellik wanted to lose and win it against the huns?

21-04-2018, 09:32 PM

Awck hearts have been left behind by us months ago. Their season has been dead and buried long ago. They will have their say in where everybody else goes though. I'm sure they will be up for giving their big Govan brothers a wee helping hand :wink:

Northernhibee
21-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Not to piss on anyones parade ,but, does anyone think, and, I know it's preposterous, but, does anyone think sellik wanted to lose and win it against the huns?

No. There's no way a manager the calibre of Rodgers would throw a game.

Phil MaGlass
21-04-2018, 09:36 PM
Not sayin the manager, couple of mates have mentioned a couple of sellik players, in their eyes, not giving 100%

shetlandhibee
21-04-2018, 09:36 PM
the way hibs played today if celtic were trying to lose today they would ov been beaten 6 0 no way celtic were not trying .IMO :agree:

Mikers110
21-04-2018, 09:37 PM

Said to my son coming out after the game that the conspiricy theorists would be out in force. Maybe we were just better on the day. The league says they have lost three and we have lost six over 34 games, not that huge a difference and a few more wins for us in place of draws would have seen us a hell of a lot closer to them.

shetlandhibee
21-04-2018, 09:37 PM
your thread was obv a wind up lol

shetlandhibee
21-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Said to my son coming out after the game that the conspiricy theorists would be out in force. Maybe we were just better on the day. The league says they have lost three and we have lost six over 34 games, not that huge a difference and a few more wins for us in place of draws would have seen us a hell of a lot closer to them.
allso scandalous reffereeing has cost us at least 10 points:agree:

Mikers110
21-04-2018, 09:45 PM
allso scandalous reffereeing has cost us at least 10 points:agree:

Absolutely, and if a few more teams e.g. Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts (although they at least one won, with one still to play) had the bottle to take the game to them as we have, the league would be a hell of a lot tighter

Phil MaGlass
21-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Not a theorist, just want to hear and see all bases, i was on a plane coming back from London today, had no time to read whole threads etc, just a question, nothing conspiracist about it, just asking

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 10:01 PM
I've no doubt a lot of their fans are quite happy they lost today as it gives them a chance to win it against Rangers but there's no way their players would have thought that.

The Green Goblin
21-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Not a theorist, just want to hear and see all bases, i was on a plane coming back from London today, had no time to read whole threads etc, just a question, nothing conspiracist about it, just asking

I watched the game online and I very much doubt what you are hearing was true.

eastcoasthibby
22-04-2018, 07:26 AM

Absolutely no chance cos there is no guarantee of winning thenext game, as Rodgers said you want.to get.it won as early as possible.

bingo70
22-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Absolutely no chance cos there is no guarantee of winning thenext game, as Rodgers said you want.to get.it won as early as possible.

I just don’t know how it’s possible for teams to lie down?

These guys are all winners, that’s how they got to the level they play at. If someone was to suggest to them they don’t try their best I’m absolutely positive they’d tell their manager to **** right off.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-04-2018, 07:37 AM

I think that suits the Rangers fans to say that but if you look at our showings against Celtc this season, other than the LC SF we could have won them all.

Captain Trips
22-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Us, Aberdeen and Sevco could easily lose to Celtic so I took it as 12ots up for grabs for us all. Anything from Celtic was a bonus.

We have managed to get the 3pts so let's make sure we get 3 against both of them and we will be 2nd or 3rd.

We will see today what the effects are at Sevco of the falling out. I have a feeling there are a few players wanting out.

southern hibby
22-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Not that it would happen, but imagine Aberdeen won all their remaining games and Celtic lost theirs. I’d have a right chuckle at that scenario.

Now let’s really do Carlesberg weekends The rangers only win against Celtic get beat the other games come fourth and Motherwell win the cup.

Don’t think for a moment any of this would happen but to have so many possibilities still left at this stage of the season is a good thing for Scottish football.

GGTTH

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 08:06 AM

Bit in bold is spot on.
As soon as the euphoria of yesterday died down the trip to Aberdeen was the major worry.

My biggest worry about yesterday is anyone thinking we've done anything - to make that result actually count we need to follow it up with at least three more.

I'd expect Lennon has them in the one game at a time mentality - win next week against Killie (not straightforward) and we're guaranteed 4th.

JohnM1875
22-04-2018, 08:44 AM

They subbed on Edouard, Sinclair and Roberts. So they 100% didn't want to lose the game. They were trying, but we were just the better team on the day and fully deserved the win! The 1 goal margin flatters them as well.

Is It On....
22-04-2018, 08:52 AM

No. If they had won the league yesterday then the opponents at the next game would be expected to give them the "guard of honour".

marinello59
22-04-2018, 08:53 AM

Only the most deluded of Huns would believe that. They were well beaten by the better team yesterday.

Aim Here
22-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Won't beat Celtic.

These must be among some of the most delicious words you ever ate!