PDA

View Full Version : 6 players - who can we keep?

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 07:22 PM
McGinn - can we just let his contract run out to keep him another year?

McGeough - is he definitely gone?

Kamberi - looking good with the fee agreed!

MacLaren - if we take Flo we need this guy, fit like a pair of gloves.

Allan - surely a deal can be agreed?

Barker - tricky one, will Man City see another year with us as development or stagnation?

Lee Marvin
21-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Barker - tricky one, will Man City see another year with us as development or stagnation?

If we keep 3 of them I think we will be doing well. If we keep 4 ill be ecstatic. 5 is dreamland. 6 is not going to happen.

Think kamberi and Allan are looking most likely.

H18 SFR
21-04-2018, 07:32 PM
If we keep 3 of them I think we will be doing well. If we keep 4 ill be ecstatic. 5 is dreamland. 6 is not going to happen.

Think kamberi and Allan are looking most likely.

Yeah, I think you've probably got the two right although like I said, I see Flo and MacLaren as a double act.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 07:33 PM
I reckon we'll sell McGinn, McGeouch will leave under freedom of contract and Barker won't come back. I'm not sure about Maclaren and I think Allan and Kamberi will be back next season.

horseflesh
21-04-2018, 07:46 PM
McGinn is the interesting one, not sure if anyone will meet Lennons valuation. Sell on clause taken into account then there may be an argument for keeping him and letting him go for nowt.

ancient hibee
21-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Or give him a big signing on fee for a one year extension.

GreenCastle
21-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Obviously would want to keep them all.

Maclaren I know his girlfriend hasn’t moved over here so maybe just short term in Edinburgh.

If scouts are doing their jobs Flo won’t be short of offers.

Dylan and SJM hopefully they both stay another year but again teams will be taking note. Dylan going to Dons would be step down except for the £. Can still see Celtic coming in for SJM to replace Brown.

Allan and Barker are improving and really should stay another year or longer - they both just seem at home at Hibs. No chance City need Barker.

ancient hibee
21-04-2018, 07:58 PM
What makes you think Brown is packing in?

Col2
21-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Or give him a big signing on fee for a one year extension.

I am not sure Hibs will let that happen BUT the longer it goes in the window the slightly better chance of him signing and better and extended deal with a release clause like Cummings.

we are hibs
21-04-2018, 08:08 PM
I think we will defo keep Kamberi and Allan. Barker maybe. Maclaren maybe. Mcgeouch and mcginn will be away I'd imagine. If either were staying they'd have signed extensions by now

Baw187
21-04-2018, 08:11 PM
We should defo just let McGinn’s contract run down. He doesn’t seem to be chomping at the bit to go but I guess he might be turned if the right team come in for him. Also any fee we get with the sell on clause isn’t likely to be worth flogging him for. Especially if we are going to lose McGeouch.

Col2
21-04-2018, 08:11 PM

Kamberi- 9/10 possibility given we have pre agreed price.

Allan- 8/10 possibility as he loved it here and Celtic already suggested he might end up here.

McGinn- 1/10 but only because clubs don’t meet valuation

McGeouch - 5/10 might come down to one final end of season offer with a sweetener if we know money coming in for McGinn.

Barker - 6/10 - at best a loan deal.

McLaren - 7/10 - keen to stay and has family roots here. Down to money and if McGinn money I then might help us.

I see Allan, Kamberi, McLaren on perm deals, Barker on loan and Dylan SJM leaving.

I also see Kenny Miller on 1 year and Simon Murray leaving.

We then have Slivka to fill SJM role but we need another star midfielder like Stevie Mallen.

Baw187
21-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Kamberi- 9/10 possibility given we have pre agreed price.

Allan- 8/10 possibility as he loved it here and Celtic already suggested he might end up here.

McGinn- 1/10 but only because clubs don’t meet valuation

McGeouch - 5/10 might come down to one final end of season offer with a sweetener if we know money coming in for McGinn.

Barker - 6/10 - at best a loan deal.

McLaren - 7/10 - keen to stay and has family roots here. Down to money and if McGinn money I then might help us.

I see Allan, Kamberi, McLaren on perm deals, Barker on loan and Dylan SJM leaving.

I also see Kenny Miller on 1 year and Simon Murray leaving.

We then have Slivka to fill SJM role but we need another star midfielder like Stevie Mallen.

I’d swap McGinn and Dylan’s odds. Nae chance Dylan is staying and doubt we’ll get a decent enough price to sell McGinn.

Col2
21-04-2018, 08:27 PM
We have to remember the money from McGinn might be the differentiator between getting McLaren, Dylan, Barker etc to stay.

With record season tickets looking likely and a high league finish we should be well placed to stengthen.

Tug Wilson
21-04-2018, 08:56 PM
The smart money is on McGinn going for £1.5m of which St Mirren get £0.5m and Petrie and Farmer trouser the balance.

Lennon becomes Celtic manager, Dempster the CEO of Sevco.

Dylan signs for Aberdeen. Scott Allan breaks into the Celtic squad. Hearts sign McLaren as he is a diehard Jambo.

Barcelona sign Kamberi and Barker.

Hearts replace all the duds in their squad and Levein suddenly becomes a tactical genius.

We struggle to make top 6 next season whilst Hearts push Celtic all the way and also win both cups (although they return the League Cup cos it disnae count).

Must stop reading Kickback

euro Hibby
21-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Horrible dream which might see Dylan go to Rangers as he is a free signing and would pick up good cash. If however Hibs can grab second spot, anyone should think twice before leaving hibs.
Whatever happens I trust that neil lennon and his staff will know what to do........2nd place pockets 2.5 m for the club so these are big games !

Diclonius
22-04-2018, 05:42 AM
I reckon we'll sell McGinn, McGeouch will leave under freedom of contract and Barker won't come back. I'm not sure about Maclaren and I think Allan and Kamberi will be back next season.

That's pretty much my take on it.

We should enjoy this team while it lasts because like as not, we have a rebuilding job on next season.

J-C
22-04-2018, 05:55 AM
We have an option on Kamberi and I think Allan may come back, McLaren says he loving it here and may depend on his team getting relegated or not.

I have a feeling McGeouch is away or he'd have signed his deal, I'd expect McGinn to be away but not too surprised if he signs another deal and stays 1 more season, especially if we get Europa football and continue to attract good players. I have no idea if Barker has enjoyed his time here, if he has he could be back on loan.

Nameless
22-04-2018, 06:31 AM
Lennon has said getting 2nd might be the clincher in signing Flo (today's Scotsman), so it stands to reason that finishing 2nd might also be the difference in us keeping more of the 6 for next season.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

RoscoHibby
22-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Reading McLaren today, he has a clause if Darmstadt get relegated, not nice but hope they lose every game and go down! Nae harm but all about the hibees. I'd also hope we just keep mcginn n let it run down, unless he's seriously unhappy and says he wants to go. Grass is always greener etc but he's our main man and can't fail to know that he's universally loved at hibs.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Reading McLaren today, he has a clause if Darmstadt get relegated, not nice but hope they lose every game and go down! Nae harm but all about the hibees. I'd also hope we just keep mcginn n let it run down, unless he's seriously unhappy and says he wants to go. Grass is always greener etc but he's our main man and can't fail to know that he's universally loved at hibs.

Didn’t realise Darmstadt were so low in the 2nd division
If they were to go down, think they’d want him off the wage bill pronto

Jones28
22-04-2018, 08:58 AM
If we get second or third I could imagine us offering McGinn a bumper contract with a release clause which would be terrific business.

Same with Mcgeouch - really disappointed he hasn't signed on yet.

Flo - we should bend time to sign this guy.

Jaime Mac - terrific player and works so well with Flo. Hopefully his parent club go down and he can sign for us.

hibbysam
22-04-2018, 09:00 AM

If we finish second we get £500k more than 4th. That’s £10k pernweek more than expected. Invest that in some of those players to keep them an extra year. We need to have a proper go at Europe and at least winning one tie improves our coefficient for future years as well as providing more funds.

TelaStella
22-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Horrible dream which might see Dylan go to Rangers as he is a free signing and would pick up good cash. If however Hibs can grab second spot, anyone should think twice before leaving hibs.
Whatever happens I trust that neil lennon and his staff will know what to do........2nd place pockets 2.5 m for the club so these are big games !

I’ve always seen McGinn as the more traditional rangers type player given his physicality and driving runs with mcgeouch probably more suited for the Celtic style of football. Back to your point though, I think no matter what Dylan does he is a very smart young footballer and if he does leave it’s only through greater ambition and he’ll know himself that Ibrox is probably the worst place to move on to atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
22-04-2018, 09:05 AM
The smart money is on McGinn going for £1.5m of which St Mirren get £0.5m and Petrie and Farmer trouser the balance.

Lennon becomes Celtic manager, Dempster the CEO of Sevco.

Dylan signs for Aberdeen. Scott Allan breaks into the Celtic squad. Hearts sign McLaren as he is a diehard Jambo.

Barcelona sign Kamberi and Barker.

Hearts replace all the duds in their squad and Levein suddenly becomes a tactical genius.

We struggle to make top 6 next season whilst Hearts push Celtic all the way and also win both cups (although they return the League Cup cos it disnae count).

I've got a tenner on that.