PDA

View Full Version : Media Highlights

Mikey
21-04-2018, 04:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHna56jTIm0

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Was MacLaren offside? Looks it in that footage.

We're due 1 or 6 from the refs so if he was it's nice to see 1 go in our favour for a change.

greenlex
21-04-2018, 06:56 PM
I think his kneecap probably was.

Golden Bear
21-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Surely not.

21-04-2018, 07:05 PM

We're due 1 or 6 from the refs so if he was it's nice to see 1 go in our favour for a change.

Not offside, picture gets frozen a couple of frames after Lewis's foot makes contact with the ball. Screen grab below is when it makes contact but the picture for some reason is tiny so not sure you'll be able to see it very well.

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 07:13 PM

Nah not for me.

CRAZYHIBBY
21-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Miles on side

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 07:19 PM
Not offside, picture gets frozen a couple of frames after Lewis's foot makes contact with the ball. Screen grab below is when it makes contact but the picture for some reason is tiny so not sure you'll be able to see it very well.

See I think he looks very, very marginally off in that picture. Linesmen tend to favour the defender when they have the view from that side as well.

I'm jot complaining btw, we are due one and it's just one of those 'honest mistakes' that we hear so much about it so no big deal.

hibsbollah
21-04-2018, 07:20 PM
The save from Rogic is like something De Gea would have come up with. I really want us to hang onto Rocky.

Eyrie
21-04-2018, 08:14 PM
BT Sport reckoned that he was marginally off by a knee cap but refreshingly didn't make much of it. Just observed how hard a call it was for the linesman.

It was one of those ones where to me Maclaren was just on but if it had been at the other end then I'd say the Celtc player was clearly off.

Wee Effen Bee
21-04-2018, 10:29 PM
The save from Rogic is like something De Gea would have come up with. I really want us to hang onto Rocky.
De Gea or Hugo Lloris - or any other top goalies in the world. What prevents Oor Rocky from joining the elite (IMHO) is his lack of consistency. He is prone to the regular error which, unless he is able to eradicate, means he may not progress much further above the level of the SPFL. Selfishly though, I’m glad we have him at the moment and I have enjoyed watching him having some excellent games this year.

21-04-2018, 10:38 PM
See I think he looks very, very marginally off in that picture. Linesmen tend to favour the defender when they have the view from that side as well.

I'm jot complaining btw, we are due one and it's just one of those 'honest mistakes' that we hear so much about it so no big deal.

Jesus Christ to paint that as hibs being “due one” is moon howling mental drivel.

Dashing Bob S
21-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Hoping he’s offside to rub salt into soapy wounds but sadly it was a legit goal

hibsbollah
21-04-2018, 10:41 PM
De Gea or Hugo Lloris - or any other top goalies in the world. What prevents Oor Rocky from joining the elite (IMHO) is his lack of consistency. He is prone to the regular error which, unless he is able to eradicate, means he may not progress much further above the level of the SPFL. Selfishly though, I’m glad we have him at the moment and I have enjoyed watching him having some excellent games this year.

On current form Lloris would be struggling to get a game in the East of Scotland league! But he and De Gea have both based their game around ridiculous réaction saves using anticipation, that's why I mentioned him in relation to Rockys save from Rogic. Not all keepers can do that. Obviously you're right about consistency.

21-04-2018, 10:42 PM
I’m just delighted that we are awarded any sort of goal. After all ,we are due one.

BigT-Hibeez
21-04-2018, 10:45 PM

Definitely was onside mate, no mistakes.. Great goal!!

Sammy7nil
21-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Miles on side

Miles off side but who cares

overdrive
21-04-2018, 11:02 PM
I recorded the game and watched most of it this afternoon. I thought Maclaren looked to be level but all the pundits bar McCoist thought he was marginally offside.

As an aside I quite liked McCoist as a pundit today. Seemed quite balanced and was very complimentary towards us before, during and after the game.

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 01:12 AM
Miles on side

He's level, definitely not miles onside!

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 01:20 AM
I recorded the game and watched most of it this afternoon. I thought Maclaren looked to be level but all the pundits bar McCoist thought he was marginally offside.

As an aside I quite liked McCoist as a pundit today. Seemed quite balanced and was very complimentary towards us before, during and after the game.

I agree, he's a good pundit/co-commentator.

1van Sprou7e
22-04-2018, 05:02 AM
Very comprehensive highlights for the first half... Shame they seemed to skip all the action we had after the second goal

Was at the other end of the stadium but looked like Boyle(?) was very close to scoring

Mixu62
22-04-2018, 06:05 AM
Can I also add, take a bow Mr Swanson, made Brown look a mug there!!

seanshow
22-04-2018, 06:22 AM
Extended highlights starting on BT sport shortly, 7.30 - 9am ...for anybody up with the larks :)

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 06:27 AM

Whether he was or wasn't offside, he most definitely wasn't miles offside.

Sas_The_Hibby
22-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Whether he was or wasn't offside, he most definitely wasn't miles offside.

....or miles onside :greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
22-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Given the goal stood with that linesman who flagged everything within 5 yards offside in the first half Jamie Mac must have been in his own half when the ball was played...

Hibee Mac
22-04-2018, 09:58 AM
He starts off but slows his run perfectly so that he's onside when the ball is played. Great goal, onside and level. Would be mental had that been called off!

CockneyRebel
22-04-2018, 10:09 AM

TV pundits did the "line thing" where they superimpose a line across the pitch at the correct angle and it shows the run was timed to perfection and onside. End of.

snooky
22-04-2018, 10:11 AM
He's level, definitely not miles onside!

I suspect there was some crazyhibby sarcasm in there, HC. :wink:

Allant1981
22-04-2018, 10:12 AM

no it wasnt, if anything maybe a couple of inches bit very debatable