PDA

View Full Version : Best performance at Easter Road in years.

RossScott1991
21-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Superb. Pressing was top drawer never stopped.

Cant remember last time we playe soo well at home?McGinn and Mcgeough were awesome.

Kamberi please sign him. The guy is a nuisance and has a football brain.
Lewy Stevenson love the guy.

Enjoy the sun and weekend hibees!

Souter96Mac
21-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Imo better than the 4-0 vs the Huns. We dominated a better opposition today and fully deserved the 3 points.

makaveli1875
21-04-2018, 02:21 PM
its got to be up there , every player was a 10/10 from Rocky right through to the subs and a 10/10 for Lennon - he went for an attacking line up and got the subs bang on

Wull
21-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Imo better than the 4-0 vs the Huns. We dominated a better opposition today and fully deserved the 3 points.

Yip, so proud to be a Hibee

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Best in years, and seen few better before that.

snooky
21-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Anybody know when the highlights will be up (on Hibs TV/YouTube/Beeb/ITV)?

Oscar T Grouch
21-04-2018, 02:24 PM
We were the better team today, Flo, Lewy, SJM and Dylan all could have been MotM. Even under pressure from them we fought for every ball, we made the best team in Scotland look ordinary. I love how Easter Road feels nowadays, very little negativity, even when balls go awry. Cannae wait til the Killie game now!!

Wull
21-04-2018, 02:29 PM
All due respect to Sauzee n Latapy this is the best team since the Tornados, thanks to NL, class and graft

snooky
21-04-2018, 02:31 PM
All due respect to Sauzee n Latapy this is the best team since the Tornados, thanks to NL, class and graft

I'll second that. :agree:

Oscar T Grouch
21-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Highlights will appear on Hibs TV at midnight, as it was on BT you'll probably find highlights on YouTube right now though.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzUy5ECMo8

Admins please remove if not allowed, it is on YouTube but probably not licensed

SirDavidsNapper
21-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Am i right in thinking we've only lost 2 games? Incredible

Ginger Gehagan
21-04-2018, 02:43 PM
Best performance in a long time, home or away.

snooky
21-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Highlights will appear on Hibs TV at midnight, as it was on BT you'll probably find highlights on YouTube right now though.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzUy5ECMo8

Admins please remove if not allowed, it is on YouTube but probably not licensed

Ta :aok:

GreenCastle
21-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Been saying this for weeks.

This team has real character and quality.

Every player today was fantastic and fully deserved to win.

I’ve seen some good teams but this team together just has something different at times and they are a joy to watch.

AFKA5814_Hibs
21-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Brilliant today. Given that we were playing a team one game away from winning the league, awesome performance from Hibs.

Looking forward to watching the game again tonight with a box of beers which are cooling in the fridge. 😃

Bishop Hibee
21-04-2018, 04:04 PM
We were saying the same thing as we left the ground. Great time to be a Hibee.

Golden Bear
21-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Looks like the entire game will be shown again on BT Sport 2 at 7.30am tomorrow. I might just set the recorder.

James70
21-04-2018, 04:19 PM
Can't remember ever seeing a Hibs team with so much energy, fight, aggression, belief, physical strength and skill. Celtic didn't play badly but Hibs more than matched them. Not a poor player in the team.

we are hibs
21-04-2018, 04:48 PM
I thought the Aberdeen game a couple months back was the best id seen us in years at home. Today topped it

Diclonius
21-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Best performance since we ripped apart the Cathro Boys last year.

andybev1
21-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Really glad to see Danny Swanson getting his chance and taking it - think he knew he had to get his head down and prove himself and he has. Also glad Whittaker had a good game after the stick on here recently. My MOTM was Hanlon, solid all game.

ewanb2
21-04-2018, 05:56 PM
Team were incredible thisafternoon. Did what was required and pressed - showed Celtic under pressure are there for the taking, as we did at their bit! Best performance in a long time, this team really have gelled. Although may lose a couple of players, important we keep most of them. Bringing in a few fringe players showed Lennon holds the squad together not just the first 11. Games like that justify this seasons ticket and next - what a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
21-04-2018, 05:58 PM

:agree::agree::agree:

clarkstonbhoy
21-04-2018, 06:05 PM
you lads pumped us all over the park today, fully deserved your win. Title was there to be won today and you lads made sure it wasnt to be on your patch, respect where respect due. Positives for me, highlights what i already knew about certain players mentality in our squad when in the trenches, hope rodgers has spotted this too ;) That striker upfront for you, ran himself into the ground was really impressed by him... anyway there's always next week... Good luck in your final games.

NAE NOOKIE
21-04-2018, 06:52 PM
A superb performance by Hibs today, just tons of grit and determination all over the park and it certainly wasn't against a below par Celtic team, we just made it impossible for them to play their normal game. The brilliant thing was that the grit and determination was garnished with a more than decent attempt to play good football as well and we scored two very good goals and could have had more ... we didn't have a single failure on the park.

This team is worth every penny of the season ticket money ... anybody not renewing for next season must be skint or mental :greengrin

CL0762
21-04-2018, 06:57 PM
I was gutted we lost the goal to make it 2-1. This team didn’t deserve not to have a clean sheet today. Absolutely fantastic performance all over the park.

Smartie
21-04-2018, 07:02 PM
We made some outstanding players look very ordinary today. Ntcham and Brown in particular barely kicked a ball because of the way we played.

Our first half was as good a half as I can remember from us, and it is good that we followed it up with a second half good enough to get the points won.

Halmyre Hibee
21-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Please Hibs keep this team together. Best entertainment since Tornadoes. Must also keep manager long term.

7 Up
21-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Great performance. Great result. Great atmosphere at times. All in all a great day.

LithgaeHibby
21-04-2018, 09:13 PM
We're witnessing something very special at the moment. Long may it last but I'm happy to enjoy the moment. There have been so many outstanding performances this season but this has to top the lot given the quality of the opposition and the fact that Celtc did not have an off day unlike at Swynie. Lennon is a very clever manager and I just hope we keep hold of him for a good while longer.

sauzee6_2
21-04-2018, 09:51 PM

Now your talking.......just imagine Sauzee and Latapy in that team. 🤯

Paisley Hibby
21-04-2018, 10:12 PM
I thought the Aberdeen game a couple months back was the best id seen us in years at home. Today topped it

Today was brilliant but for me our performance in that Aberdeen match was better - but that game didn't have the same atmosphere or as much at stake.

hibee_girl
22-04-2018, 12:43 AM
Today was brilliant but for me our performance in that Aberdeen match was better - but that game didn't have the same atmosphere or as much at stake.

I think today was much better than the Aberdeen game, we didn’t really get going until the 2nd half in that game. Today we played brilliantly for the full 90 minutes

MagicSwirlingShip
22-04-2018, 01:05 AM
That performance is up there with the best I’ve seen at Easter Road.

It reminded me a lot of a Celtic game at Easter Road when Brown & Thomson were at there best for us ( Balde sent off rings a bell ) - we played with a swagger and pomp I’ve not seen in a Hibs team since then. Controlled aggression, tough in the tackle, lots of movement off the ball and a full Easter Road in the Sun - glorious!

We love you Hibees, we do! Oh Hibees we love you!

LancsHibs
22-04-2018, 05:49 AM
That performance is up there with the best I’ve seen at Easter Road.

It reminded me a lot of a Celtic game at Easter Road when Brown & Thomson were at there best for us ( Balde sent off rings a bell ) - we played with a swagger and pomp I’ve not seen in a Hibs team since then. Controlled aggression, tough in the tackle, lots of movement off the ball and a full Easter Road in the Sun - glorious!

We love you Hibees, we do! Oh Hibees we love you!

100%:flag: