PDA

View Full Version : Violence Warning

Carheenlea
21-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Stay safe folks - violence warning ahead of today’s game. I mean seriously, who writes this crap :hilarious

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1412999-violence-warning-ahead-of-momentous-hibs-v-celtic-match/

Since90+2
21-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Ridiculous.

JimBHibees
21-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Suppose possible might be intelligence other clubs thugs intent on trouble.

What are the Edinburgh drinking bylaws? Thought you were able to drink in streets unlike Glasgow

Hibs90
21-04-2018, 08:54 AM
More aimed at Celtc fans tbh

BH Hibs
21-04-2018, 08:55 AM
I thought the same but if a visitor strays into our stands then there could potentially be trouble.

hhibs
21-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Ridiculous.

Tossers or wishful thinking by plod ?

JimBHibees
21-04-2018, 08:56 AM
More aimed at Celtc fans tbh

Yes might be more travel through without tickets maybe watching in pubs.

Violence warning headline is a joke though.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Ever since we have been governed by Police Scotland as a whole they have turned into a complete farce, their handling of Leith Walk after the cup final when the boy in charge told officers to get their batons out was the icing on the cake for me, people were enjoying themlseves without a hint of bother and it was them that soured the mood and were looking for trouble

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 09:01 AM
Suppose possible might be intelligence other clubs thugs intent on trouble.

What are the Edinburgh drinking bylaws? Thought you were able to drink in streets unlike Glasgow

I think since Police Glasgow started running the show they have clamped doan on folk having a beer in the street, park or wherever in Edinburgh.

greenlad
21-04-2018, 09:02 AM
"When any stand reaches capacity the turnstiles will be closed - no one else will be permitted entry."

Where do they get this stuff from?

Jones28
21-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Ever since we have been governed by Police Scotland as a whole they have turned into a complete farce, their handling of Leith Walk after the cup final when the boy in charge told officers to get their batons out was the icing on the cake for me, people were enjoying themlseves without a hint of bother and it was them that soured the mood and were looking for trouble

They had police dogs outside of Robbies ffs

stoneyburn hibs
21-04-2018, 09:12 AM

Outside the harp and castle , couldn't believe it when they got their batons out.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 09:15 AM
Outside the harp and castle , couldn't believe it when they got their batons out.

Aye that's where I was too, the policeman I spoke to about it was apologetic about it all and clearly realised it was a mistake but it had come from "above" and they had to obey

snooky
21-04-2018, 09:16 AM
The polis issue this empty warning everytime the OF come to town. The last time I was at a Hibs v Celtc game, a group of visitrs let off one of those really big banger things at the London Road junction and the Plod just stood by and did SFA.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Stay safe folks - violence warning ahead of today’s game. I mean seriously, who writes this crap :hilarious

https://stv.tv/news/east-central/1412999-violence-warning-ahead-of-momentous-hibs-v-celtic-match/

Knocked it up at the lodge meeting last night - Police Glasgow Loyal Govan lodge, probably got the research done by klub 1872

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Aye that's where I was too, the policeman I spoke to about it was apologetic about it all and clearly realised it was a mistake but it had come from "above" and they had to obey

PCs on the street were embarrassed about some of the stuff they were ordered to do that weekend.

Think the heid yins were worried a weekend of drinking amongst football fans might pass off peacefully so wanted to mix things up a bit.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 09:26 AM
PCs on the street were embarrassed about some of the stuff they were ordered to do that weekend.

Think the heid yins were worried a weekend of drinking amongst football fans might pass off peacefully so wanted to mix things up a bit.

Exactly, we all give the police a hard time but usually I can see where they are coming from on most issues. But ever since we've been run the same way they would run Glasgow I've seen a real change, I'm sure your average policeman would rather no have the hassles of the pish they are being asked to do from on high as well

green day
21-04-2018, 09:35 AM
I thought the same but if a visitor strays into our stands then there could potentially be trouble.

If any Celtic fan is lucky enough to secure a Hibs ticket, they should know the score - if they dont, the stadium rules are clear.

If you are in the wrong end and identified, you get booted out (without a black eye if your really lucky). Caveat Emptor and all that.

snooky
21-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Exactly, we all give the police a hard time but usually I can see where they are coming from on most issues. But ever since we've been run the same way they would run Glasgow I've seen a real change, I'm sure your average policeman would rather no have the hassles of the pish they are being asked to do from on high as well

I heard that second hand from a policeperson. Since Police Scotland took over the whole shebang is run Weegie style.
No wonder morale outwith their hub is so low.

theonlywayisup
21-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Do they ever issue the same warning before the Old Firm match?

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Police presence on ER itself is crazy. Just watched 4 mini buses pull up and about 60-70 Polis pile out and split off into 4s and head off to various points on the street. More Police than fans at the minute.

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

snooky
21-04-2018, 09:44 AM
If any Celtic fan is lucky enough to secure a Hibs ticket, they should know the score - if they dont, the stadium rules are clear.

If you are in the wrong end and identified, you get booted out (without a black eye if your really lucky). Caveat Emptor and all that.

Had to look that one up. Here was me thinking it meant "Cavemen Emptied"

hibee_girl
21-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Police presence on ER itself is crazy. Just watched 4 mini buses pull up and about 60-70 Polis pile out and split off into 4s and head off to various points on the street. More Police than fans at the minute.

There must be more to this than meets the eye.

There’s at least 6 police vans parked at the back of the east stand too. Tried to post a photo but it’s not working

hibee_girl
21-04-2018, 09:46 AM
There’s at least 6 police vans parked at the back of the east stand too. Tried to post a photo but it’s not working

Make that 9 vans now

Jim44
21-04-2018, 09:50 AM
“It's also momentous in relation to managers and players returning to their former clubs.”

Maybe I’m being a bit dim, but what exactly are they implying by this.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2018, 09:50 AM
PC gone mad.

Pretty Boy
21-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Police touring the boozers now.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 09:56 AM
“It's also momentous in relation to managers and players returning to their former clubs.”

Scott Allan was going to savage Dermott Desmond in the stands so that he can get released a year early and come to us but the police have got wind of Rods cunning plan to become the moustachioed overlord of the world by using a pawn to take out his biggest rival

green day
21-04-2018, 10:00 AM
Police touring the boozers now.

Makes a change from the knocking shops 😂

MWHIBBIES
21-04-2018, 10:01 AM
On a train surrounded by them, reeking of drink. Can't see any more than the odd daft scuffle but quite glad I'm not getting train home.

neil7908
21-04-2018, 10:13 AM
I live next to the ground and the police presence seems crazy. Like folk have said maybe they have intelligence on something but I can't help think that the police are looking at us differently since the cup final.

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2018, 10:14 AM
Bizarre to say the least. If there was going to be trouble at ER this season the obvious game was the Friday evening derby. If Celtc win the league I imagine we'll all just want to get home ASAP and leave them to it.

neil7908
21-04-2018, 10:14 AM
On a train surrounded by them, reeking of drink. Can't see any more than the odd daft scuffle but quite glad I'm not getting train home.

That's the daft thing, all the trouble happens well away from the ground. Now that's obviously in part because of heavy police presence and segregation at the stadium but every time I hear about trouble it's at train stations or trains on the way back. And there never seem to be any police.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 10:15 AM
Will be having the army on the streets for the last game of the season at this rate

overdrive
21-04-2018, 10:16 AM

It’s all Neil Lennon’s fault is what I think they are getting at.

ACLeith
21-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Why are the police surrounding you on the train ? 🙄

I'm_cabbaged
21-04-2018, 10:22 AM
"When any stand reaches capacity the turnstiles will be closed - no one else will be permitted entry."

Maybe counterfeit tickets kicking about?

cabbageandribs1875
21-04-2018, 10:23 AM
i hope they have the same presence for the filth in the last game, although it should be easier to police the 900 after a reduction in numbers :greengrin think how cleaner the streets surrounding ER will be

Aim Here
21-04-2018, 10:38 AM
There might be a supposed need for an extra police presence due to the added risk of a celebratory pitch invasion.

I suspect Police Scotland are hoping that *something* happens to justify all their fearmongering and monkeying with the schedules prior to the split fixtures being announced - if something happens, even if it's a couple of dozen Celtic fans rushing onto the pitch at full-time, it allows them to say, with a straight face, 'Phew, imagine the carnage had this happened at the Rangers game. Just as well we were here to keep the goading to a minimum'.

OtleyHibs
21-04-2018, 10:56 AM
They are probably just worried about thousands of ticketless smellies turning up in expectation of winning the league today.

That bubble will be burst hopefully and then the police can have a fun afternoon dealing with the disappointed tramps on their way home

silverhibee
21-04-2018, 11:02 AM

Counterfeit tickets must be getting printed for the game, a Celtc thing.

iwasthere1972
21-04-2018, 11:03 AM

I would report them if they are reeking of drink.

Smartie
21-04-2018, 11:10 AM

Lee Wallace surprisingly unmasked as a hibs.net poster.

silverhibee
21-04-2018, 11:11 AM

Deary me Lee.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2018, 11:18 AM

I wouldn't advise getting that near.

snooky
21-04-2018, 11:35 AM

I would see it as a bonus if it was drink they're reeking of.

Keith_M
21-04-2018, 12:04 PM
At the last Aberdeen game, there was an incredible number of police on ER after the match (the Aberdeen Fans had long since gone). I questioned one of them as to why there were so many and he said it was, "because it's friday night".

Not sure what he meant, unless he was implying they were all meeting up for a bevvy after the game.

adhibs
21-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Violence warnings would be much more beneficial if they came with colour coding. Can see a red one being issued on the last day of the season.

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Anyone see the Union Jack in the Celtic end?? I don't mean one in different colours, it was red white and blue. Down at the front at end of match.

snooky
21-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Anyone see the Union Jack in the Celtic end?? I don't mean one in different colours, it was red white and blue. Down at the front at end of match.

My first thoughts were, that post fits in with your nom-de-plume. :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2018, 02:02 PM

It was an Aussie flag I believe.

Ryan91
21-04-2018, 02:05 PM

Nice to see Celtic fans showing appreciation for Jamie Maclaren

Nakedmanoncrack
21-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Could have been, with the rest of flag hidden behind it.

green day
21-04-2018, 02:13 PM
2 Celtic fans booted out behind me in West upper.

They were spotted when we scored the first. Steward was on radio to plod, but took them out when it looked like getting ugly.

I sincerely hope that they missed the match. Not sure what to think about the Muppets that gave them their tickets. It's all seasons where I am, so they might be in bother with Hibs.

Oh, ps **** your party Celtic 😁

EH6 Hibby
21-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Could have been, with the rest of flag hidden behind it.

Was definitely an Australia flag.

Three Celtic fans got chucked out near me. One on his own in the first half and two right behind me in the second.

ancient hibee
21-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Anybody searched? I wasn’t.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2018, 04:18 PM

Report them for what??

theonlywayisup
21-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Saw a lot of violence on the pitch - the Celtic centrebacks were Kamberid all over the place.

dp00
21-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Anybody searched? I wasn’t.

You never are .... all these statements of searches and I’ve never been searched yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zondervan
21-04-2018, 05:46 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180421/45152d47d3ddcec9cf6725ccc0d7894b.jpg

I just remembered I had a photo of this on my phone. The police presence and attitude was outrageous.

Mon Dieu4
21-04-2018, 05:50 PM

I just remembered I had a photo of this on my phone. The police presence and attitude was outrageous.

Cheers, I'm in that picture, have never seen one of that night before:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
21-04-2018, 05:51 PM
What a load of garbage that was. Police Glasgow indeed.

andyf5
21-04-2018, 09:19 PM
What a load of garbage that was. Police Glasgow indeed.

Was at Platform 5 after the game. Three police cars and a van turned up sirens blazing. Called the manager outside. Some folk had taken their drinks beyond the designated drinking area. No colours or anything. Pretty unbelievable reaction.

Bostonhibby
21-04-2018, 09:26 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkCaption competition.

Right boys link arms and stand there looking all authoritarian until the chief constable signs off the overtime and we'll all get back to standing in Greggs doorway before the celtc trash arrives.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Phil MaGlass
21-04-2018, 09:34 PM
So basically nae bother, ***in Police Scotland doesnae wurk

vuefrom1875
21-04-2018, 09:41 PM
For police Scotland read Weedgie polis.

vuefrom1875
21-04-2018, 09:43 PM
So basically nae bother, ***in Police Scotland doesnae wurk

Blame your haggis and Heather SNP toss#rs for this mess.

Phil MaGlass
21-04-2018, 09:50 PM
*** all wrong wae haggis and snp tossers its knuts that wid put Scotland down whenever the opportunity arises.

snooky
21-04-2018, 10:26 PM

For a moment I thought the plod were wearing yon old Celtic away strip

DH1875
21-04-2018, 11:42 PM
On the train through there must have been a group of about 40-80 guys in shorts and t-shirt with no colours on but with Irish accents. Doubt they all had tickets for the game so who knows, maybe the police were looking out for these lot as they were defo looking for trouble.

HFCdeb
22-04-2018, 06:19 AM
I thought the police presence was ludicrous yesterday, coming out of the East at full time to be met by a million hostile neon gazes for no apparent reason was a bit of a surreal way to end an otherwise perfect afternoon. I saw no trouble. I never do at Easter Road.
I got the impression that they felt they had to justify their influence over the post-split fixtures and were hoping that something would kick off so that they could continue to perpetuate the myth that football supporters are all violent **** who can't be trusted.

marinello59
22-04-2018, 06:25 AM
Police Scotland is a classic example of what happens when a Goverment lets cost cutting drive policy, removing our separate local forces was a huge mistake. And even worse they haven’t saved any money. Yesterday’s OTT police presence alone will have cost us a fortune.

malcolm
22-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Police Scotland is a classic example of what happens when a Goverment lets cost cutting drive policy, removing our separate local forces was a huge mistake. And even worse they haven’t saved any money. Yesterday’s OTT police presence alone will have cost us a fortune.

It was not really about cost cutting but about politics the millions lost in VAT for a start. While some will defend the politics and argue that the label of ‘scotland’ was not a main driver, the biggest problem was the first Chief Constable appointment that opened the border that kept out the Strathclyde police culture from other forces - apparently parachuting in folk in charge from his own force into L&B. Local accountability and interest also being sacrificed the the big ticket of a ‘Scottish’ force and its more political than local board.

theonlywayisup
29-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Was a similar warning issued for today's Bigots Derby?

snooky
29-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Was a similar warning issued for today's Bigots Derby?

None expected it would seem. :rolleyes:

Hibs1969
29-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Ironically it looked like there was a fair bit of bother after the game up at Abbeyhill yesterday. As I walked back to the car, a large lad was being held down and handcuffed by two cops, whilst several police cars had their sirens and lights on. That’s the first time I’ve seen anything like that in years.

Nakedmanoncrack
30-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Ironically it looked like there was a fair bit of bother after the game up at Abbeyhill yesterday. As I walked back to the car, a large lad was being held down and handcuffed by two cops, whilst several police cars had their sirens and lights on. That’s the first time I’ve seen anything like that in years.

2nd time there's been trouble with Killie at ER this season.