PDA

View Full Version : Final Position

hibbie02
20-04-2018, 10:25 PM
So we have 5 games left. Potential second place up for grabs. If we don't already see this as a successful return to the top league, what would be the minimum place we would accept as a great season. I would aim for 3rd as a minimum.

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 10:28 PM
So we have 5 games left. Potential second place up for grabs. If we don't already see this as a successful return to the top league, what would be the minimum place we would accept as a great season. I would aim for 3rd as a minimum.
I think we’ll finish second. The doubts about the two teams above us will have a significant impact on their performances between now and the end of the season. We on the other hand are riding on the crest of a wave. Hibs second and killie third is my prediction.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2018, 10:29 PM
From the position we're in just now, I would consider 5th to be disappointing, 4th to be good, 3rd to be very good and 2nd to be exceptional.

Oh and 6th to be impossible. :greengrin

Onceinawhile
20-04-2018, 10:37 PM
Tough one. But that's what happens when all the games matter. We won't finish above third, we might finish fifth. I'd be happy with 4th.

rcarter1
20-04-2018, 10:37 PM
From the position we're in just now, I would consider 5th to be disappointing, 4th to be good, 3rd to be very good and 2nd to be exceptional.

Oh and 6th to be impossible. :greengrin

Agree with the assessment. Any better than 4th is exceptional, we have been great. 5th would be somewhat sore given we have been 4th for so long. Regarding 6th - impossible sounds like you are jinxing it, after all its 13 points difference with 15 to play for...:worried:

:lolyam:

IDHibs
20-04-2018, 10:42 PM
Agree with the assessment. Any better than 4th is exceptional, we have been great. 5th would be somewhat sore given we have been 4th for so long. Regarding 6th - impossible sounds like you are jinxing it, after all its 13 points difference with 15 to play for...:worried:

:lolyam:

NORMAL order then ......where's the smug emoji ?

Clerie Green
20-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Above the Yamfudds
:flag:

IDHibs
20-04-2018, 11:02 PM
Above the Yamfudds
:flag:

Sleeping with the bigots in blue.. disgrace that they want those heathen, moronic neanderthals to finish above us

Nevi_SOL
20-04-2018, 11:07 PM
Heart says 2nd
head says 3rd

both say hearts are p*sh :greengrin

Austinho
20-04-2018, 11:12 PM
I’d be made up with 3rd. Would have to go on a hell of a run to make 2nd. Think Lennon himself even said we’d need 5 wins to get there.

Drawing at Ross County was the killer.

Ryan69
20-04-2018, 11:27 PM
As a hibs and Scotland fan...I'm used to it not happening.
Wouldn't surprise me if we ended up 5th

Hope I'm wrong,and hope we don't get let down as I'm so used to being.

beensaidbefore
21-04-2018, 12:06 AM
I think we’ll finish second. The doubts about the two teams above us will have a significant impact on their performances between now and the end of the season. We on the other hand are riding on the crest of a wave. Hibs second and killie third is my prediction.

That would be brilliant.

I think we will finish 3rd...not popular but Huns 2nd, Killie 4th, hopefully I'm wrong.😁

PatHead
21-04-2018, 06:14 AM
2nd

CallumLaidlaw
21-04-2018, 07:06 AM
I think we have to make sure that finishing 4th doesn’t end up feeling a disappointment. 4th and Europe (if Celtic win the final) would be a superb first season back. The old Hibs would end up 5th. We’ve NEVER Won more than 1 game post split when finishing top 6 so let’s just aim for a decent finish and enjoy the last 5 games. I’ll be over the moon with 4th. Anything more would be tremendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
21-04-2018, 07:14 AM
I think we have to make sure that finishing 4th doesn’t end up feeling a disappointment. 4th and Europe (if Celtic win the final) would be a superb first season back. The old Hibs would end up 5th. We’ve NEVER Won more than 1 game post split when finishing top 6 so let’s just aim for a decent finish and enjoy the last 5 games. I’ll be over the moon with 4th. Anything more would be tremendous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:agree: I would be delighted with 4th. Something from today and then beating Killie (both tough tasks) should be enough. :aok: That then puts the pressure off a little as we head into bonus territory v sheep/yams/buns.

PeeJay
21-04-2018, 07:16 AM
We beat Celtic today, we set a marker, get a huge boost for the run-in and we can take 2nd spot! - That's what the team has to be aiming for - nothing else. We can do it ...

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2018, 07:18 AM
Anything that gives us European football.

BoomtownHibees
21-04-2018, 07:19 AM
That would be brilliant.

I think we will finish 3rd...not popular but Huns 2nd, Killie 4th, hopefully I'm wrong.😁

You think Aberdeen will be 5th??

Is that even possible?

Zazu62
21-04-2018, 07:28 AM
If we beat Celtic we will finish 2nd. Lose today we will finish 4th

danhibees1875
21-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Does a draw get us 3rd? :greengrin

bingo70
21-04-2018, 07:33 AM

I think you need to assume Celtic will also beat rangers and Aberdeen. I think we’ll lose today but that doesn’t rule out finishing 2nd.

overdrive
21-04-2018, 08:04 AM
We could just just easily finish 5th as we could 2nd. Too tight to call.

wandering_hibee
21-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Really difficult question. I have a feeling that we will get something out of today but that we may drop some other points along the way. For me anything less than 4th would now be a disappointment and there is no reason that we couldn't still get 2nd. I therefore going right down the middle and saying that we will end up third, splitting Aberdeen and Rangers.

Greenbeard
21-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Based on beating the Staggies I'd previously thought 10/15 points would give us a great chance of 2nd. So need a win today to put that back within reach.
Start of the season I think we would all have thought (not just hoped) that we were a top four team so for me, esp given our current position on the fairway, 4th is par, 3rd a birdie and 2nd an eagle. But a bogey 5 is still a possibility if the wheels come off and the bandit that is Killie get some more birdies over the last few holes.
Hopefully no shanking today.