PDA

View Full Version : Easter road stadium

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Just been on the Stadium Tour. So proud of our Stadium ,so proud of our tradition, so proud of our history through good times and bad, so proud of our club, excellent tour guide in Tom Wright would thoroughly recommend it to all hibees new and old takes you on a roller coaster tour of present and past players some gone but not forgotten.

GGTTH

The Harp
20-04-2018, 07:21 PM
That's good to hear BH. I've been on a stadium tour a while back, but I think it's improved recently.
I'd like to take my two older grandkids with me (one is 6, the other is 10). Do you think the tour would suit kids of that age? Thanks in advance.

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Maybes no!

DarlingtonHibee
20-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Stadium tour is perfect for all ages.

BlackSheep
20-04-2018, 08:09 PM
The tour definitely suits all ages.... the more interactive the younger ones wanna be the better it is for them, otherwise it can just be a walk round listening to the history. I was there today as well :)

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Stadium tour is perfect for all ages.
Hear what you are saying mate but need to have a few seasons memories under your belt first in order that you can relate to what it is all about good times and bad.Tour lasts approx 2 hours so may tax the attention span of 6-10 year olds - saying that I was ten years old at my first HIBS game but at that age would think that the famous five were something out of Enid Blyton.

No harm in bringing them along beautiful stadium and may learn something.Youngest member on our tour 9mths old 6 to 10 year olds on our tour not interested in history just disappointed did not get to meet Super John McGinn cannot blame them for that.

GGTTH

BlackSheep
20-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Ahem, youngest member on today's tour is 18 months :)

Gotta get them hooked young :)

BILLYHIBS
20-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Ahem, youngest member on today's tour is 18 months :)

Gotta get them hooked young :)
Apologies my wife will tell you babies not my strong point though must say your baby remarkably well behaved though feared the worst(well done to your partner).

Your point on the interactive point is a good one in that younger fans 6-10 year olds may get a kick out of the changing rooms, press rooms and even sitting in Neil Lennons seat in the dug out.

So we are agreed thoroughly recommended for all ages.

Hope your leg heals ok as looked as though you were in some discomfort.

BlackSheep
20-04-2018, 08:42 PM
Apologies my wife will tell you babies not my strong point though must say your baby remarkably well behaved though feared the worst(well done to your partner).

Your point on the interactive point is a good one in that younger fans 6-10 year olds may get a kick out of the changing rooms, press rooms and even sitting in Neil Lennons seat in the dug out.

So we are agreed thoroughly recommended for all ages.

Hope your leg heals ok as looked as though you were in some discomfort.

Thanks, always do me proud my two girls (wife and daughter).

I guess the tour is what you make of it, but like i say, get them hooked early.

As for my knee, i have another op in two weeks to help the full recovery, clean out some scar tissue from the original op. In case u wondered (probably not :greengrin) I tore my ACL playing for the Hibs home team at last year's play on the pitch event. If we had been allowed on the pitch today you would have seen me most likely cursing the blades of grass where i did it.... finally had the ACL replacement op 2 months ago and still recovering now.... makes the journey up to row CC in the East a lot of fun!!

The Harp
20-04-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks all for the various pieces of advice.
The older one has been to several games over the years, but the attention span seems to go after the h/t pizza has been devoured (hence the question). The younger one has been a few games and probably would appreciate it as much, if not more, than her big bro.

Renfrew_Hibby
20-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Went on the tour today courtesy of my good lady and would thoroughly recommend it. We had our we girl in tow and I thought she'd be bored after 10 minutes but she really enjoyed it.
The guide, is it Tom Wright? is such a warm engaging fella. Took time out with most of us whether life long fans, foreign tourists or little 5 year old girls who only wanted to hold a cup or stand on the pitch, what a credit to our club.
Anyways if you haven't done the tour, do it. I didn't learn much cos I'm a Hibs geek but even I got a thrill out of it.

PatHead
20-07-2018, 08:09 PM
Went on the tour today courtesy of my good lady and would thoroughly recommend it. We had our we girl in tow and I thought she'd be bored after 10 minutes but she really enjoyed it.
The guide, is it Tom Wright? is such a warm engaging fella. Took time out with most of us whether life long fans, foreign tourists or little 5 year old girls who only wanted to hold a cup or stand on the pitch, what a credit to our club.
Anyways if you haven't done the tour, do it. I didn't learn much cos I'm a Hibs geek but even I got a thrill out of it.

It is Tom Wright. Lovely guy.

heretoday
20-07-2018, 08:40 PM
My son sat a Maths exam at the stadium recently. If that had been me I would not have been able to concentrate.

WoreTheGreen
20-07-2018, 08:44 PM
My son sat a Maths exam at the stadium recently. If that had been me I would not have been able to concentrate.

7-0 6-2 you’ve past my son

Viva_Palmeiras
20-07-2018, 08:53 PM
They should record Tom to have his unique delivery in that voice of his captured for eternity.

One Day
21-07-2018, 08:26 AM
That's good to hear BH. I've been on a stadium tour a while back, but I think it's improved recently.
I'd like to take my two older grandkids with me (one is 6, the other is 10). Do you think the tour would suit kids of that age? Thanks in advance.

I was on the tour 2 / 3 weeks ago with my 9 year old grandson, who is Hibs daft, and he enjoyed it

Northernhibee
21-07-2018, 09:33 AM

If Hearts have a two goal lead, there are ten minutes to play and it’s been 114 years since the wee team won the cup, how many songs will be in the Hearts songbook at the end of the season?

norhfc
21-07-2018, 09:36 AM
I am taking my youngest on Friday (20 :) )
Is the car park behind west stand open ??

Beefster
21-07-2018, 09:38 AM

I was on yesterday's tour too, after meaning to do it for ages. Greatly enjoyed by all.

GordonHFC
21-07-2018, 09:57 AM
If Hearts have a two goal lead, there are ten minutes to play and it’s been 114 years since the wee team won the cup, how many songs will be in the Hearts songbook at the end of the season?

Its a trick question. Hearts have never had a songbook.

Eyrie
21-07-2018, 10:13 AM

Is the answer money spinning?

hibbyfraelibby
21-07-2018, 04:33 PM
I am taking my youngest on Friday (20 :) )
Is the car park behind west stand open ??

Yup but dont think you'll find a space as its used by thd Albion Business Centre staff.

BILLYHIBS
21-07-2018, 04:41 PM
Its a trick question. Hearts have never had a songbook.
They just photocopy The Hun Songbook! :wink:

Hibbyradge
21-07-2018, 04:42 PM
7-0 6-2 you’ve past my son

Thankfully it wasn't an English exam. :tee hee:

et_hibby
21-07-2018, 05:07 PM
It is Tom Wright. Lovely guy.
Did the tour a couple of months back and Tom Wright was absolutely brilliant: knowledgeable, enthusiastic, funny and engaging. I’d recommend it to anyone on here who hasn’t yet got around to it.