PDA

View Full Version : Pub recommendations for celtc game abroad (merged)

Solonleith1
19-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Out for a stag this weekend. Anybody got knowledge of bars likely to be showing?

tamig
19-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Out for a stag this weekend. Anybody got knowledge of bars likely to be showing?

Jumpin jacks is a Hibby boozer. Was there a few weeks ago. They’re bound to be showing it. Alternatively there’s a bar called the Ibrox.

Baldy
19-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Jumping Jacks, I hope to be there for the 2nd half

Solonleith1
19-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Ideal cheers! Will get down there then. As much as I want to see it going to a bar called the ibrox might be a bridge too far!

calumhibee1
19-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Anyone any ideas where to watch it in Tenerife? Preferably not a Celtic pub but if needs must..

Billy Whizz
19-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Anyone any ideas where to watch it in Tenerife? Preferably not a Celtic pub but if needs must..

Tenerife is a big Island

IrnBru22
19-04-2018, 09:48 PM
Does anyone know of any pubs that will be showing the game in Barcelona? Preferably central. Cheers

yonder1875
19-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know of any pubs that will be showing the game in Barcelona? Preferably central. Cheers

Flaherty's Irish Bar will definitely show it, just off La Rambla.

Higgy115
19-04-2018, 10:05 PM

Michael Collins bar beside Sagrada Familia as well, owner is a great guy but a massive Celtc fan.

Mibbes Aye
19-04-2018, 10:13 PM

Safe bet would be an Irish bar. As per any big European city there's no shortage, but from memory you've got McCarthy's on Via Laietana, which is a main street that runs from the centre down to the seafront. The bar is maybe ten minutes walk at most from Placa de Catalunya, almost certainly less.

There's another bar, can't remember the specific street but it's on the east side of La Rambla, roughly in line with the market at La Boqueria. It has boards outside listing the games so you can't really miss it. Sorry I can't be more specific, but it's either on the same street as a restaurant called Irati on Carrer del Cardenal Casañasor or the ones that run off La Rambla above or below. It showed lots of European football, don't know if that would encompass this game though.

IberianHibernian
19-04-2018, 10:27 PM
What about Torremolinos ? Assume there are lots of places there which show Scottish League but last time I was there was 3 years ago on last day of regular season ( we won at Falkirk while Hearts v Rangers was televised ) and it wasn`t easy to find a place which didn`t give priority to English ( or Dutch / Belgian ) games and now Spanish games are shown early too . Will try to watch on Hibs TV but not sure about wifi etc . It`s a work trip so may be further west ( Marbella / Puerto Banus ) at time of match .

IrnBru22
19-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the replies : )

IrnBru22
19-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Flaherty's Irish Bar will definitely show it, just off La Rambla.

This is a 10 min walk from where I’m
Staying, so will head there. Cheers

Fife-Hibee
20-04-2018, 02:50 AM
Any hibees in Lloret this week ? Where’s best for watching game on Saturday? GGTTH 🇳🇬

Chuck Rhoades
20-04-2018, 03:12 AM
Any recommendations as to where to get the match on TV in Budapest?

lyonhibs
20-04-2018, 05:30 AM
Firstly, you're a jammy git for being in Budapest. One of my favourite cities.

Stumbled across ths place when I was last there

https://www.facebook.com/pg/caledoniabudapest/posts/

calumhibee1
20-04-2018, 06:18 AM
Tenerife is a big Island

True, i should have been way more specific :greengrin playa de las americas?

NthCarolinaHibs
20-04-2018, 06:32 AM
True, i should have been way more specific :greengrin playa de las americas?

Jags bar or Whiskey Jar will have it on 🇳🇬💚🇳🇬

yerauldda
20-04-2018, 06:35 AM
Anyone know anywhere in Amsterdam to watch the game?

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2018, 08:29 AM

The Central will be showing it but, its in Leith not Barcelona.

Jack Hackett
20-04-2018, 12:05 PM
What about Torremolinos ? Assume there are lots of places there which show Scottish League but last time I was there was 3 years ago on last day of regular season ( we won at Falkirk while Hearts v Rangers was televised ) and it wasn`t easy to find a place which didn`t give priority to English ( or Dutch / Belgian ) games and now Spanish games are shown early too . Will try to watch on Hibs TV but not sure about wifi etc . It`s a work trip so may be further west ( Marbella / Puerto Banus ) at time of match .

The West Brom/Liverpool game is on at the same time so it might be a problem, but there's a Brit bar in Calle Bulto (the pedestrianised street which runs parallel to La Carihuela paseo) called El Mojito. Google it and give them a call.

BullsCloseHibs
20-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Anyone suggest decent boozer in Praha for the game

Basildon Hibs
20-04-2018, 04:51 PM
O'Che's

staunchhibby
20-04-2018, 06:16 PM
There is also Winstons bar in Carihuela.

CorrieHibs
20-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Anyone know anywhere in Amsterdam to watch the game?

The Globe. Watched a few Scottish games there. http://www.hotel-theglobe.nl/home.php?p=0