PDA

View Full Version : Hottest Hibs game...

Wembley67
19-04-2018, 06:22 PM
So with the weather being a bit tasty, what's the hottest hibs game you've been to? European matches are allowed!

For me it was a game in the terracing at east end park, it might have been back in the season we were relegated, 98 maybe? The majority of the pub were burnt to buggery with quite a few folk passing out or nearly passing out with the temperature....great times!

On a side note a non hibs fan brought his wife into the pub who had just got married and in full wedding attire, you cab imagine the songs! I'm sure it was in Thirsty Kirstys which was a **** hole so don't really know what was going on there 😀

Hiber-nation
19-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Dundee Utd away, 1st game of the season 2003-04 springs to mind right away. We were in the front row. http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/game.php?gameid=9075

Wembley67
19-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Dundee Utd away, 1st game of the season 2003-04 springs to mind right away. We were in the front row. http://www.ihibs.co.uk/hibs/game.php?gameid=9075

I'm sure for a period the first game of the season was always roasting as well...

OxoHibby
19-04-2018, 06:49 PM
There was a lot of sunburn in Copenhagen for the brondby game

skipster7
19-04-2018, 06:52 PM
The Souness game. Scorchio:agree:

calumhibee1
19-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Berwick Rangers away pre season was pretty roasting about 6 or 7 years ago.

Cowdenbeath in the Championship away a few seasons ago :duck:

Bishop Hibee
19-04-2018, 07:08 PM
The Souness game. Scorchio:agree:

That's the one that sprang to mind for me. Scorchio. I remember the game when Goram scored against Morton at the end of the season being pretty warm too.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 07:12 PM
Dunfermline 1st game of the season @ EEP - 3-3 wasnae too chilly. Daugavpils away too.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Last game of last season against St Mirren was pretty toastie!

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Morton away the week after the Pars 3-3 game wasnae too chilly either!

SmashinGlass
19-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Berwick Rangers away pre season was pretty roasting about 6 or 7 years ago.

Cowdenbeath in the Championship away a few seasons ago :duck:

I was thinking Berwick pre season too. If it's the same one I'm thinking of, it was Stubbs first or second game in charge. Sir David scored as I recall

Nameless
19-04-2018, 07:28 PM
The first derby of the Romanov era. The game was at Tynecastle, we lost 4-0. Hearts were genuinely unplayable that day. I was obscenely drunk, and the only things I remember from that day were a flare being thrown onto the pitch and the fact that it was hotter than the Sun sitting in the Roseburn.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

stuart-farquhar
19-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Friendly in Gibraltar was pretty hot!

we are hibs
19-04-2018, 07:32 PM
The cup final was boiling all game where I was sat. Was in the north stand and 2nd row and the heat in the second half was ridiculous

Baldy Foghorn
19-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Dinaburg away

Brooster
19-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Dinipro Away. Had to keep drinking ice cold pints of Stella at 12p each to keep my fluids up.

BoomtownHibees
19-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Glentoran in Belfast #scorchio

Bristolhibby
19-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Cup Final v Celtic in 2001. Such a hot day. Was in the stand with the Perspex roof and felt like an ant under a magnifying glass.

J

MartinfaePorty
19-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Not the warmest, but for the time of year remarkable. A midweek game v St Johnstone in very late October where I sat very comfortably with a t shirt on for the whole 90 minutes. Think there was a freak weather front that meant people on the south coast of England were still sunbathing on 1st November. If I remember correctly it started pishing down when I was in Robbies after the game and that was the start of winter in Scotland!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

HibbyDave
19-04-2018, 08:37 PM
Dinipro Away. Had to keep drinking ice cold pints of Stella at 12p each to keep my fluids up.

This

Billy Whizz
19-04-2018, 08:39 PM

Was it not dark ha ha

Stuart93
19-04-2018, 08:40 PM
The 3-2 game at Easter road v the rangers when gunnarson scored the winner was very decent weather...as was the cup final actually.

Topographic Hibby
19-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Last game of last season against St Mirren was pretty toastie!Eh no!!! My mate won us some comps and we were in amongst the squad and injured players (Hanlon & McGeouch etc).

High up in the West, it was freezing!!! Was glad during the celebration bit when they fired off they pyro-things....got me warmed up bit!! :greengrin

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 09:07 PM

I almost remember drinking copious amounts of cheap bevvy, overly warm at the game not so much.

Albanian Hibs
19-04-2018, 09:08 PM

Def this 🌞🍺

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Oldham v us too when I go back to my young days! :-)

mca
19-04-2018, 09:15 PM
One of my First ever games im sure was Hibs v Seville .. 1986

I was quite young and i had always remembered Sitting in a part of the ground that was almost Empty..

I also remembered it being quite a Hot day and sure i seen loads of folks shift under the East stand roof..

Recently Seen this Blog and Now i'm wondering if i'm the person in the photo behind George mcCluskey..

Is that the famous five stand.. and was it a Hot day... anyone know.. ??

https://thehiblog.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/hibernian-1-2-seville-3-august-1986/

Mr White
19-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Glenafton in Belfast #scorchio

Glentoran? Glenafton play in Ayrshire.

BS44
19-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Aston Villa at Villa Park sometime in the 80s and also Oldham Athletic at Boundary Park 1988.

BoomtownHibees
19-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Glentoran? Glenafton play in Ayrshire.

Aye

overdrive
19-04-2018, 09:34 PM
There was a home game a few years ago that was fairly hot... probably not the hottest but it was in November! I remember folk going to the match in shorts and t-shirts. It was probably around the same temperature as today maybe even a wee bit warmer.

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Morton away the week after the Pars 3-3 game wasnae too chilly either!

King Pat as i recall erstwhile HH my bovver boy braces snapped ..the Dunfie game is my reference:confused:

IberianHibernian
19-04-2018, 10:10 PM
One of the Derbies at Tynecastle where we got a very late equaliser in 70s ( ? ) was very hot . Not the one where King Paddy scored but one about 2 years later . Think it was Gerry O`Brien ( before he was sent off ) who scored . 2001 cup final was hot . Hottest I remember was away to Morton in late 80s - was first Hibs match my Spanish girlfriend ( now wife ) went to and she was amazed to see so many topless fans ( Hibs fans were behind goal which at that time was uncovered ) . Every other time I`ve been to Cappielaw it`s been wet and miserable . Likewise in Paisley - hot day at Love Street for 3 v 3 draw in pre season Anglo Scottish Cup tie at about same time . Pre season friendly v Inverness Caledonian before merger with IT was also hot .
Of games mentioned so far I agree with all ( 2001 final , Morton when Goram scored , Sounness / McCluskey game , Sevilla friendly at home - return match was almost delayed by a day cause of near monsoon ,..) but there don`t seem to be any recent matches presumably because there`s more shade in all - seater stadium .
Future threads about wettest and coldest will be longer I suppose . Windiest ?

frazeHFC
19-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Falkirk semi final (1-0 defeat) was roasting. Hadn't been to bed yet from the night out the night before and was unbelievably dehydrated standing in the sun at front near the half way line. Worse thing is they charged a couple of quid for tap water before the head steward found this out and told the staff they had to give it out for free.

SteveHFC
19-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Dnipro away and Glentoran away.

Barnton Hibs
19-04-2018, 11:07 PM
So with the weather being a bit tasty, what's the hottest hibs game you've been to? European matches are allowed!

For me it was a game in the terracing at east end park, it might have been back in the season we were relegated, 98 maybe? The majority of the pub were burnt to buggery with quite a few folk passing out or nearly passing out with the temperature....great times!

On a side note a non hibs fan brought his wife into the pub who had just got married and in full wedding attire, you cab imagine the songs! I'm sure it was in Thirsty Kirstys which was a **** hole so don't really know what was going on there 😀

You've got a good memory lol

ehf
19-04-2018, 11:20 PM
Not the warmest, but for the time of year remarkable. A midweek game v St Johnstone in very late October where I sat very comfortably with a t shirt on for the whole 90 minutes. Think there was a freak weather front that meant people on the south coast of England were still sunbathing on 1st November. If I remember correctly it started pishing down when I was in Robbies after the game and that was the start of winter in Scotland!

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Was that in 2011 when we won 3-2? I think it was a Wednesday in late September. Freakishly hot; remember getting back to my car after the game (so around 10pm) and the outside temperature garage said it 23C.

cheltenhamhibee
20-04-2018, 06:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE8yEfn2rwI

Can't remember the beers name we were drinking, it was braw though, had to try numerous cases of the stuff just to be sure, best Hibs trip for me even if we did get pumped

Wembley67
20-04-2018, 06:21 AM
You've got a good memory lol

It's about the only thing I do remember Willie!

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2018, 07:31 AM
King Pat as i recall erstwhile HH my bovver boy braces snapped ..the Dunfie game is my reference:confused:

Nah, it was in the 80's just before Mickey went to Luton.

Jones28
20-04-2018, 08:21 AM
Last season against Falkirk when keatings scored the winner. I was down at the front of the east in a jumper with nothing else underneath and I was roasting. It was around early April I'm sure and we still had a bit of cold weather but I was sweltering.

Rocky
20-04-2018, 08:24 AM
I'm hopeless at remembering games so I'll probably have most of this wrong but I remember a game at the end of a season when we got moved out of East terracing (think it must have been when they were installing the seats in East?). Think it might have been against Kilmarnock and I remember sprawling on the bench in North in glorious sunshine.

HUTCHYHIBBY
20-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Vetra Vilnius away was a bit on the hot side.

bigwheel
20-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Vetra Vilnius away was a bit on the hot side.

Lovely day, beautiful city and a depressing performance that...start of the Mowbray era - I left thinking "this could be a miserable season" - how wrong I was!

SChibs
20-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Falkirk last year when keatings scored in the last minute

WeeRussell
20-04-2018, 11:20 AM
I got sunburnt at the cup final.

Or were they grass burns :hmmm:

BullsCloseHibs
20-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Newcastle utd at ER (1984?) testimonial game was a hot affair

Iggy Pope
20-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Thought I was going to melt in Vilnius. Just ended up melted. Same at the Dinaburg game. The ****ing stench in those bogs!!!!!!!

wookie70
20-04-2018, 04:48 PM

I tried to have a few pints after that game at East End Park but very quickly realised I was suffering from sunstroke. That was the worst I have seen it.

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 04:59 PM
I remember the season after we were relegated in 98. We played a game at Firhill in the league cup before the league season had started. Me and my mate both had sunburn on our faces after the game. I think it might have been against Hamilton who were playing there at the time as we were in the big stand that the home fans are usually in.

Nakedmanoncrack
20-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Dnipro away and Glentoran away.

Remember Dnipro being a glorious afternoon in the square & down by the river, sure it was a bit chilly by the time of the game at night though?

CockneyRebel
20-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Remember Dnipro being a glorious afternoon in the square & down by the river, sure it was a bit chilly by the time of the game at night though?

Malmo away was a scorcher.

scm70nyd1973
20-04-2018, 08:28 PM

Seem to recall the Nrn Irn pr season tour in 1995 was during a heatwave - I was working over there and stayed in the 3 chimneys hotel in Glengormley as norm - team and officials there too - great time was had !