PDA

View Full Version : If Celtic Win The Title At ER

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2018, 02:56 PM
I won’t be applauding them. If would be like cheering on Bill Gates for buying a new three piece suite at John Lewis. The wealth discrepancy means the League was won in August and their biggest challenge was to avoid falling asleep at the wheel. We might as well cheer them on for winning it next season as well.

Disdainful laughter is the appropriate response in face of this uttterly ludicrous scenario.

Jones28
19-04-2018, 03:11 PM
It ain't gonna happen - they will want to win it against rangers next weekend

Mikey
19-04-2018, 03:16 PM
If we beat them it won't be because they let us.

Hibee87
19-04-2018, 03:17 PM
I dont really understand the point of this thread, surly no one would be clapping them if they won the league :confused:

IF they win the game and league (Can they loose and Aberdeen and Rangrs both loose and still win the league?) If yes, wonder if the The Rangers would give them a guard of honour

Hillsidehibby
19-04-2018, 03:21 PM
I will be. After all we are their wee cousins.

A jambo told me.

Sas_The_Hibby
19-04-2018, 03:32 PM
I won’t be applauding them. If would be like cheering on Bill Gates for buying a new three piece suite at John Lewis. The wealth discrepancy means the League was won in August and their biggest challenge was to avoid falling asleep at the wheel. We might as well cheer them on for winning it next season as well.

Disdainful laughter is the appropriate response in face of this uttterly ludicrous scenario.

What if it was the Edinburgh John Lewis?

BegbieHSC
19-04-2018, 03:36 PM
I'll be out the door in a shot, while giving a very brief applause to oor lads, in the event that it's a hard fought defeat.

Anyway, I reckon we'll actually win, so not have to worry about applauding them.

My old man
19-04-2018, 03:40 PM

10/10

Hibbyradge
19-04-2018, 03:51 PM

That might apply to some of their supporters, but not to the professionals at Celtic.

Not a chance that Rodgers would accept that attitude. Nor would the vast majority of the Celtic players, if not all.

We might win, but they will be trying to get the league over the line at the earliest opportunity.

LancsHibs
19-04-2018, 03:56 PM
We will get at least a draw against the stinkies. If they do win i will be out the door at the final whistle, certainly do not want to see CFC celebrate at ER. Cant stand them!

Pretty Boy
19-04-2018, 04:00 PM
No applause from me.

I'd probably grudgingly applaud the likes of Aberdeen or Killie winning it whilst questioning why it wasn't us. That would be an achivement. Celtic, and Rangers in days gone by, should be winning the league every year. The deck is stacked in their favour.

worcesterhibby
19-04-2018, 04:02 PM
The only teams I would refuse to clap for winning the league are Hearts and Rangers...but since I won't be there it won't be an issue

we are hibs
19-04-2018, 04:05 PM
I won't be clapping them and I hope we pump them and wipe the smug look off that arrogant prick Rodgers face

RoscoHibby
19-04-2018, 04:11 PM
I won't be clapping them and I hope we pump them and wipe the smug look off that arrogant prick Rodgers face

Exactly this.

IGRIGI
19-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Anyone for a half and half scarf?

johnbc70
19-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Do they need 3 or 1 point to win the league?

wearethehibs
19-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Hopefully if they win, we play YNWA and the whole stadium can have a sing.

Judging by comments ive overheard from Jambos and Huns, this is how close the 2 clubs are eh.

JimboHibs
19-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Hopefully if they win, we play YNWA and the whole stadium can have a sing.

Judging by comments ive overheard from Jambos and Huns, this is how close the 2 clubs are eh.

Hopefully we can all sing Sunshine On Leith together whilst waving our half n half scarfs after all were brothers in arms.

jacomo
19-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Anyone for a half and half scarf?

Is that not just a Hibs scarf that a Celtc supporter has nicked?

Billy Whizz
19-04-2018, 04:26 PM
No applause from me, as that would mean we’ve lost 3 points

InchHibby
19-04-2018, 04:27 PM
You have to remember that both bigot brothers cheated every other team in the league for decades by demanding more money than the rest of us and voting together to ensure this happened.
I loathe the two of them for this reason and won’t be hanging around for any celebrations, but wait a minute, there won’t be any cause we won’t get beat.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 04:38 PM

Wouldn't applaud anyone at ER unless they were wearing the green and white of Hibs

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Yes I would sportingly applaud the league winners.

My_Wife_Camille
19-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Celtic are a great club that we are lucky to have a unique connection with. If they win it at Easter Road then we should definitely be big enough to offer our congratulations

Jim44
19-04-2018, 04:46 PM
Given the top priority was to avoid a league deciding match between the ugly sisters, did they in their wisdom, assume that, of the four other teams, we would be the most likely to lose against Celtic? I hope it backfires on them. Glasgow’s Finest will be spewing. :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
19-04-2018, 04:48 PM
I've made a big 'congratulations Celtic' banner just in case we lose .... If Hibs cant win it at least we can celebrate our cousins winning the league and I would hope that every Hibs fan stays behind and is enthusiastic in their applause of a fine Celtic team and that the Hibs players form a guard of honour as they leave the pitch.

Or to put it another way ..... not a f'ing chance will I congratulate the school bully for being able to batter the wee kids :aok:

Hibbyradge
19-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Given the top priority was to avoid a league deciding match between the ugly sisters

Who's priority was that?

Hibs.net? :wink:

Squirrel 1875
19-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Celtic are a great club that we are lucky to have a unique connection with. If they win it at Easter Road then we should definitely be big enough to offer our congratulations

Deary me. Now it’s just getting desperate. File this under “attention seeking” please admins...

19-04-2018, 05:05 PM
They desereve the league, they have been far the best team but no applause from me. It's embarrassing how big the gap is between them and everyone else.

Lendo
19-04-2018, 05:09 PM

I hope I am missing the sarcasm in this post...

gordie18
19-04-2018, 05:21 PM
They need all 3 points so won’t be winning it at ER.....they may well win it on Sunday if Hoofball Hotspur take points of der Hun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 05:23 PM

I know its a joke that still makes me want to vomit

Bostonhibby
19-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Anyone for a half and half scarf?Nah, but I've got one of those big green hats that Guinness hand out on St Patricks day so maybe I'll use it to get in the celtc end.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

makaveli1875
19-04-2018, 05:30 PM
They need all 3 points so won’t be winning it at ER.....they may well win it on Sunday if Hoofball Hotspur take points of der Hun

They wont if the sheep beat killie

gordie18
19-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Wouldn’t put my life savings on that one after the cup semi

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 05:35 PM
I know its a joke that still makes me want to vomit

THIS !! puke inducing soap dodgin', parentless persona indigenous to the East of Weedgeland.

Common traits thread to folow

Iggy Pope
19-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Nah, but I've got one of those big green hats that Guinness hand out on St Patricks day so maybe I'll use it to get in the celtc end.[emoji6]

Nah. Guiness are clearly the biggest Proddy employer in Dublin. You'd stick out like a Hibby with a sore thumb. I'll let you have my PLO banner for cover if you like but only as long as you don't let Rocky see it.

Bostonhibby
19-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Nah. Guiness are clearly the biggest Proddy employer in Dublin. You'd stick out like a Hibby with a sore thumb. I'll let you have my PLO banner for cover if you like but only as long as you don't let Rocky see it.Begorrah. I never knew that, you've saved me. I'll join you at the banner. I always liked the wee star wars robot.☺

emerald green
19-04-2018, 05:44 PM
With all the huge advantages Celtic FC has over every other team in this league - most money - therefore best playing squad, largest fan base (except maybe The Rangers?) - they should (and do) win a poor league at a canter. There is no realistic competition.

Therefore if they do win it on Saturday (I fancy it will be a draw) I'll be out of my seat and out of the ground asap. I've no wish to applaud a team winning yet another consecutive title which everyone new they would before a ball was kicked this season.

judas
19-04-2018, 05:51 PM

Very much like the chat ive been giving the Celtic fans at my work this week

It's bit of a charade this annual cycle.

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2018, 05:55 PM
They desereve the league, they have been far the best team but no applause from me. It's embarrassing how big the gap is between them and everyone else.Tbh, the gap isn't that big. To win the league with 4 games to go (at most) isn't out of order IMO. Consider Man City, or when Rangers were winning it before the split.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Onion
19-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Seen a few Hun/Sellick title wins at ER over the years and strangely never felt the urge to applaud them.

Two teams that have systematically abused and degraded competition by stealing the best talent from competitors (whether they needed them or not), would happily abandon Scotland in a heartbeat if an English teat became available, live and breath sectarian hatred, and have reaped the benefit of decades by some of the most biased refereeing and media reporting anywhere in the world.

EVENTUALLY
19-04-2018, 06:05 PM

Not so sure........Maybe they would prefer a Guard of Honour from Rangers!

Jones28
19-04-2018, 06:08 PM

🤢🤢🤢

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Seen a few Hun/Sellick title wins at ER over the years and strangely never felt the urge to applaud them.

Two teams that have systematically abused and degraded competition by stealing the best talent from competitors (whether they needed them or not), would happily abandon Scotland in a heartbeat if an English teat became available, live and breath sectarian hatred, and have reaped the benefit of decades by some of the most biased refereeing and media reporting anywhere in the world.

Bingo !

Eyrie
19-04-2018, 07:24 PM

An honest, considered, and factually accurate assessment.

The sooner the two parasites disappear the better for Scottish football.

Keith_M
19-04-2018, 07:39 PM
Tbh, the gap isn't that big. To win the league with 4 games to go (at most) isn't out of order IMO. Consider Man City, or when Rangers were winning it before the split.

Bayern Munich won the German title two weeks ago, for the sixth season in succession, with five games still to go.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2018, 08:12 PM
The terrorist sympathisers can **** off.

I'll be congratulating them for **** all. If they win on Saturday, I'll be off as soon as the whistle goes.

Scouse Hibee
19-04-2018, 08:22 PM

I'll be congratulating them for **** all. If they win on Saturday, I'll be off as soon as the whistle goes.

Out of interest, are you referring to their support, their players or the actual club?

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Tbh, the gap isn't that big. To win the league with 4 games to go (at most) isn't out of order IMO. Consider Man City, or when Rangers were winning it before the split.

Thats a good point actually. Points at a very poor season for Celtic with the resources at their disposal

Sir David Gray
19-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Out of interest, are you referring to their support, their players or the actual club?

Their fans in particular although it could be argued that the club itself revels in all that nonsense.

The Harp
19-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Nah. Guiness are clearly the biggest Proddy employer in Dublin. You'd stick out like a Hibby with a sore thumb. I'll let you have my PLO banner for cover if you like but only as long as you don't let Rocky see it.

The Guinness family down the years have been Unionists and very much against Irish independence. At one time they wanted the company to be regarded as English, not Irish. In 1913 they made a large donation to the Ulster Volunteer Force in their fight against Irish home rule.
I'd always been a Guinness drinker but after looking into their family history, it's kind of put me off. Should really switch to Murphy's.
As for the possibility of Celtic winning the flag at ER on Sat, I'll be applauding the Hibs players off the park then I'll be out of there.

ancient hibee
19-04-2018, 10:22 PM
The Guinness family down the years have been Unionists and very much against Irish independence. At one time they wanted the company to be regarded as English, not Irish. In 1913 they made a large donation to the Ulster Volunteer Force in their fight against Irish home rule.
I'd always been a Guinness drinker but after looking into their family history, it's kind of put me off. Should really switch to Murphy's.
As for the possibility of Celtic winning the flag at ER on Sat, I'll be applauding the Hibs players off the park then I'll be out of there.
Swallowing your principles?

CropleyWasGod
19-04-2018, 11:19 PM
Swallowing your principles?Better to swallow than to spit

Flynn
19-04-2018, 11:29 PM
Is that not just a Hibs scarf that a Celtc supporter has nicked?[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]

Rodgers has the easiest domestic job in world football. ***um.

2-1 Hibs

"You are a weegie..." [emoji445]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Austinho
20-04-2018, 12:53 AM
I’d applaud a team like Aberdeen, Killie or Motherwell if they pulled a Leicester and ended up winning the league at Easter Road. Celtic however don’t deserve any of our respect for winning it.

Having said that, if it had been us instead of St Mirren in 1986, I’d have given them a personal guard of honour and joined them for a few glasses of champagne after.

Nutmegged
20-04-2018, 01:12 AM
No issue at all with Celtic winning the title, they're the biggest club in Scotland with the best manager and best squad, it is what it is, I'm more concerned with how high we can finish, I'll be gutted if we lose on Saturday but only because we'll likely lose ground on the huns and Aberdeen in the race for 2nd spot.

I'd have no issue in applauding Scott Brown and Sparky but it would need to be a really compelling last 10 minutes for me to stick around, normally I wouldn't be interested in sticking around and watching a team celebrate on our ground.

I'm actually pissed off by the positioning of this fixture, I think the SPFL looked at us as the only club that could realistically beat Celtic in the top 6 and have given us the game they'll be most motivated by (chance to win the League) while if they do beat us there's a good chance that they'll take their fèet off the gas for the remaining fixtures since unlike last year they haven't got an unbeaten record to keep them motivated.

percy veer
20-04-2018, 03:52 AM
if they win it against us , I cant wait for the media frenzy about a guard of honour, who will need to give celtic it if they win. hope they don't win mind

Diclonius
20-04-2018, 05:05 AM
I didn't applaud Rangers when they won the league at ER in 2010 and I won't applaud Celtic if they win tomorrow.

Canon Hannan
20-04-2018, 06:23 AM

All my Celtic mates want Hibs to win. They are genuine guys and gentlemen. Are you Sir David of Gray by any chance? Admit it!

JimBHibees
20-04-2018, 06:49 AM
All my Celtic mates want Hibs to win.!

And you believe that. :greengrin

One Day
20-04-2018, 07:38 AM

Well put Bob

GreenCastle
20-04-2018, 08:01 AM
I’d applaud a team like Aberdeen, Killie or Motherwell if they pulled a Leicester and ended up winning the league at Easter Road. Celtic however don’t deserve any of our respect for winning it.

Having said that, if it had been us instead of St Mirren in 1986, I’d have given them a personal guard of honour and joined them for a few glasses of champagne after.

Hibs fans applauded St Mirren last season as they weren’t relegated.

Like others said zero chance of clapping Celtic - you could argue they should have won league by more points with the resources they have.

Hibs are due a win over them and hopefully we manage it tomorrow then we will have beaten everyone in the league at some point this season.

Onceinawhile
20-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Hibs fans applauded St Mirren last season as they weren’t relegated.

Like others said zero chance of clapping Celtic - you could argue they should have won league by more points with the resources they have.

Hibs are due a win over them and hopefully we manage it tomorrow then we will have beaten everyone in the league at some point this season.

I don't think we beat St Johnstone?

leithsansiro
20-04-2018, 11:43 AM

What, so they’d throw a game just to stick it up to The The’s? Nonsense!

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2018, 11:53 AM
if they win it against us , I cant wait for the media frenzy about a guard of honour, who will need to give celtic it if they win. hope they don't win mind

Sevco and their media were raging when we didn't give them a guard of honour on the championship. What's the chances they'd give celtc one next week at Parkhead?

Baw187
20-04-2018, 12:14 PM
There’s no chance they’ll let their foot off in order to try and win against Rangers next week. Imagine we beat them and then somehow the Huns beat them, they’d then be starting to keek their pants.

stoneyburn hibs
20-04-2018, 12:30 PM
We'll get at least a point and nothing to do with them taking their foot off the gas.

PeeJay
20-04-2018, 12:59 PM
In the spirit of the competition, I'd applaud them if they won the league at ER (I'm not there so, it's academic anyway) ... but, fair play and all that ...

Hope they don't win off course - we need the points and the boost a win at home to the "Champions Elect" would give us for the final run-in ...

GreenCastle
20-04-2018, 01:09 PM
I don't think we beat St Johnstone?

My mistake you are correct.

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 01:12 PM
I’ll give them a round of applause.

erin go bragh
20-04-2018, 02:13 PM
Celtic eoudnt even exist if it wasn’t for us . Away and throw tom kite at yourself. If I’ve missed something I offer my apologies:)

SirDavidsNapper
20-04-2018, 02:19 PM
There’s no chance they’ll let their foot off in order to try and win against Rangers next week. Imagine we beat them and then somehow the Huns beat them, they’d then be starting to keek their pants.

Would need to be the biggest shock in the history of football to not win it now. It's in all of the Celtic fans minds, they aren't fussed about tomorrow. Must be on the players minds too.

heretoday
20-04-2018, 02:27 PM
There've been a few title wins at ER down the years. I remember Fergie going crazy. Jock Stein once came on and started jostling invading Celtic fans off the pitch.

Halifaxhibby
20-04-2018, 03:06 PM
A round of applause? I wouldn't give that manky mob the steam off my Turkish delight! :na na:

Won't happen anyway, 3-2 kamberi hat trick.

GGTTH
FTHMFC

WeeRussell
20-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Absolutely not.

Unfortunately I can’t make it tomorrow so won’t be there to absolutely not applaud them.

IF they win.

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 06:37 PM
What’s the problem with giving them a round of applause? I don’t hate Celtic, I hate Rangers and the poppy thieves. Would we rather the huns won it?

Diclonius
20-04-2018, 06:54 PM
What’s the problem with giving them a round of applause? I don’t hate Celtic, I hate Rangers and the poppy thieves. Would we rather the huns won it?

I'd rather neither of them won it.

20-04-2018, 06:57 PM
I’m giving my season ticket to a Celtic supporting pal. Hope he has a great day 👍☘️

Smartie
20-04-2018, 07:02 PM
I’m giving my season ticket to a Celtic supporting pal. Hope he has a great day 👍☘️

I'm going to be in a half and half Hibs/ Celtic top with Lennon on the back, pumping out the rebs like our pals in the South Stand.

Hope your mate has a great day.

My_Wife_Camille
20-04-2018, 07:09 PM
Hibs class!

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 07:10 PM
I'd rather neither of them won it.
I would rather we won it, but this year it’s nit going to happen. I hope they don’t win it tomorrow, I hope we pump them.

WeeRussell
20-04-2018, 07:11 PM

The problem is I hate Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

Sir David Gray
20-04-2018, 07:23 PM
The problem is I hate Rangers, Hearts and Celtic.

Correct.

Quite incredible that anyone would want to applaud that shower.

I'm sure this thread is a wind up.

Jim44
20-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Will Sevco be desperate for a Celtic win against us, to save them from the humiliation the following week?

erskine-hibby
20-04-2018, 07:59 PM
When we win will make all this moot.

lord bunberry
20-04-2018, 08:03 PM
Correct.

givescotlandfreedom
20-04-2018, 08:06 PM

I hope so. All the other nonsense aside we could really use the points.

Bostonhibby
20-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Can I just remind everyone it's celtc. Without the I, at the behest of the best fans in the world.

erskine-hibby
21-04-2018, 07:13 PM
As I said 😁

Sprouleflyer
21-04-2018, 07:17 PM
😂😂😂😂😂

hibees 7062
21-04-2018, 07:33 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31143968_1851779121538836_9101372139167012464_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=91cd881fd5f5dde145ef4e328f778b89&oe=5B572A60

Not required then :greengrin

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 07:36 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/31143968_1851779121538836_9101372139167012464_n.jp g?_nc_cat=0&oh=91cd881fd5f5dde145ef4e328f778b89&oe=5B572A60

Not required then :greengrin

Is that genuine?

hibees 7062
21-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Is that genuine?

Yep

Sir David Gray
21-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Yep

:faf:

Bostonhibby
21-04-2018, 09:46 PM
It's on its way to Ibrox. Blazers are deployed at every entrance to stop it getting in.

21-04-2018, 10:25 PM

Agree. Utter nonsense that Rogers would set the team out to do anything other than win. They're going to win it, it's not a case of if but when so they still would be more than lording it over the huns next week either way. As you say, why risk putting themselves in a position where they lost to us today and lost to the huns next week (they've got to beat them sometime!) then not being able to fully party it up in front of rangers. Winning today would have meant going into the OF game totally pressure free and just in full party mode, also to be able to put Rangers in a predicament regarding the GoH (something I must admit would be a bit amusing given the ridiculous song and dance they made over us not giving them one).

danhibees1875
21-04-2018, 10:29 PM
It's on its way to Ibrox. Blazers are deployed at every entrance to stop it getting in.

The game is at Celtic park is it not?

Bostonhibby
21-04-2018, 10:38 PM
The game is at Celtic park is it not?[emoji106]You got me there.

Overcome with emulsion☺

Wee Effen Bee
21-04-2018, 10:39 PM
Damn. I was waiting for them winning so I could show my respect by applauding them as they did a lap around ER. Then we flipping beat them! Petrie!☹️