PDA

View Full Version : Lennon keen on Kenny Miller

timewilltell
19-04-2018, 11:11 AM
According to BBC

SRHibs
19-04-2018, 11:16 AM
He’s probably got a season left in him. I would take him.

harry1875
19-04-2018, 11:20 AM
I think he could do a job for us and would bring on the young lads like Oli Shaw. Also a possible coaching role. All dependant on the money hes after tho.

CapitalGreen
19-04-2018, 11:23 AM
No thanks

Jim44
19-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I think he could do a job for us and would bring on the young lads like Oli Shaw. Also a possible coaching role. All dependant on the money hes after tho.

Is that you, Kenny? Seriously tho’, I have my own thoughts but have seen enough to trust Lennon’s judgement.

GreenOnions
19-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Great professional, hard-working, looks after himself, excellent role-model for younger players, scores goals and has an affection for the club.

No-brainer for me if NL thinks he can get a season out of him.

Callum_62
19-04-2018, 11:31 AM
What does the BBC say?

BegbieHSC
19-04-2018, 11:31 AM
I would say no normally, but if Olly’s injured, and we can get him now, go for it Lenny!

JeMeSouviens
19-04-2018, 11:32 AM
I would say no normally, but if Olly’s injured, and we can get him now, go for it Lenny!

We can't. He can't sign until the summer window opens.

jacomo
19-04-2018, 11:34 AM
Only if he grows his curtains back.

Retro late 90s Hibs!

Newcastlehibby
19-04-2018, 11:35 AM
What does the BBC say?

It is their gossip section. Thi rumour actually comes from the Daily Fail and the Sun.

BegbieHSC
19-04-2018, 11:36 AM
We can't. He can't sign until the summer window opens.

Ahh, I thought the Huns might release him,

Smartie
19-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Ahh, I thought the Huns might release him,

They could, and we could sign him.

But we couldn't play him until next season due to registration rules, transfer windows etc.

So there would be little point in us signing him now.

Coco Bryce
19-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Future Hibs manager. Learn his trade under Lennon :agree:

danhibees1875
19-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Would he become the player to have returned after the longest period of time away from the club?

18 years will have passed since he left come the summer.

Compared to Whittaker (10 years) Stokes (6 years) Thomson (6 years) Murray (3 years) Riordan (2 years).

Northernhibee
19-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Let him be a role model to the younger players. As long as he's not on a notable wage.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 11:57 AM
No brainer to bring him in. Must be Scotlands most decorated player after Brown. Model pro

JimboHibs
19-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Would he become the player to have returned after the longest period of time away from the club?

Compared to Whittaker (10 years) Stokes (6 years) Thomson (6 years) Murray (3 years) Riordan (2 years).

Bring back Steven Fletcher.

staunchhibby
19-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Signing Miller wouls be great to mentor Kamberi and Mc Laren.Model pro who has looked after himself.

lyonhibs
19-04-2018, 12:04 PM
If he fancies a spot of coaching for free then crack on.

Otherwise, absolutely not.

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 12:04 PM
A hundred times no.

Bringing in a 38 year old would send the wrong message to young lads like Shaw and others who are looking to progress at Hibs. I dont buy the argument that Miller will help bring the young ones on - that's down to the manager and coaching staff.

Too old to play every week and we'd be better looking to offer the game time to our younger players.

Save the money for someone with a reasonable chance of having a future.

Ozyhibby
19-04-2018, 12:05 PM
Signing Miller wouls be great to mentor Kamberi and Mc Laren.Model pro who has looked after himself.

That’s why we have coaches. They look like they are managing fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
19-04-2018, 12:06 PM
No thanks, we should be looking for better, don't see how he'd improve our squad.

Ozyhibby
19-04-2018, 12:07 PM

Expensive manager if we have to hire him a couple of years early before giving him the job. And who’s to say he’s any good at coaching or managing?

Rumble de Thump
19-04-2018, 12:08 PM
No brainer to bring him in. Must be Scotlands most decorated player after Brown. Model pro

Ian Black has decorated quite a lot.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2018, 12:09 PM

I hope not! The days of us taking "shots in the dark" at untested and sometimes unheard of managers are hopefully over! We should be able to attract seasoned managers these days.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 12:13 PM
I hope not! The days of us taking "shots in the dark" at untested and sometimes unheard of managers are hopefully over! We should be able to attract seasoned managers these days.

Yeah i agree. The Hibs managers job in the Premiership isn't really the place for an inexperienced manager

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 12:13 PM

😂

Thecat23
19-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Kenny and Lennon are good friends. He rates Kenny and it won’t shock me if he did bring him in as a player/coach.

Col2
Where are you TC? You must have a view?

I think it would be a great signing.

Whoops you just replied!!

Hermit Crab
Yeah i agree. The Hibs managers job in the Premiership isn't really the place for an inexperienced manager

:agree:. Nor are we a care home for over the hill professionals set to retire soon.

JeMeSouviens
19-04-2018, 12:16 PM

With Ronseal? :greengrin

Smartie
19-04-2018, 12:17 PM
A hundred times no.

Bringing in a 38 year old would send the wrong message to young lads like Shaw and others who are looking to progress at Hibs. I dont buy the argument that Miller will help bring the young ones on - that's down to the manager and coaching staff.

Too old to play every week and we'd be better looking to offer the game time to our younger players.

Is "look after yourself, graft for every team you play for and you could still be playing in 20 years" that bad a message to send out to our young players?

snooky
19-04-2018, 12:18 PM
What does the BBC say?

Blaming the SNP for Kenny's break up with TRFC probably. :coffee:

Thecat23
19-04-2018, 12:18 PM
Where are you TC? You must have a view?

I think it would be a great signing.

Whoops you just replied!!

As I said before I wouldn’t want him as a first team player if I’m honest. But I do feel he’d be a good squad player and be a good role model and coach for the younger lads. If Lennon feels Kenny would add vital experience I’m all for it.

The Modfather
19-04-2018, 12:22 PM
A hundred times no.

Folk seemed quite happy last season to have an over the hill non scoring striker in Grant Holt because of how he brought on the younger players. Why not Kenny Miller?

snooky
19-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Bring back Steven Fletcher.

Never been a big fan of Fletch however, he'd be a far better option than Kenny at this time, IMO.

ancient hibee
19-04-2018, 12:30 PM
It might happen but at the moment it’s a made up story in the Mail with no quotes from anybody.

neil7908
19-04-2018, 12:33 PM
A guy at my work who is a decent Rangers fan rates Miller and says he'd be a good signing for us. I haven't seen much of him this season so can't really judge.

If he's not wanting much money he might be worth a punt in the summer.

Not sure about the coaching element but we could get him in as a player for a year and assess that side of things for when he retires.

Lago
19-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Kenny and Lennon are good friends. He rates Kenny and it won’t shock me if he did bring him in as a player/coach.
Ah ha TC, you've been having a wee chat with Kenny me thinks, tell him to get himself back along the road.:agree:

Brightside
19-04-2018, 12:35 PM
He wont be coming in unless another coach is leaving. (I should add - on a paid contract)

Wilson
19-04-2018, 12:40 PM
He wont be coming in unless another coach is leaving. (I should add - on a paid contract)

I'd be happy if that is the case.

I'm not sure why everyone is convinced the "young lads" need better coaching or influences than they are getting from the current coaching set-up.

KM will have plenty to offer but not to us. Not at this time.

bingo70
19-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Far too much emphasis being put on his age imo.

I’d bet he’s a lot fitter and sharper than a lot of 29/30 year olds that haven’t looked after themselves as well as he has.

It’s a squad game now and not all signings can be star players that’ll play every week.

Stuart93
19-04-2018, 12:42 PM
Who do I keep seeing people saying future hibs managers with absolutely no basis as to why they're saying it 😂

KWJ
19-04-2018, 12:49 PM
If Lennon thinks he'd add to the squad who am I to say naw. Did he play under Lennon at Celtic? Strachan signing naw?

I enjoyed these goals he scored a few months ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwxdTG1k70U

Renfrew_Hibby
19-04-2018, 12:53 PM
I bet Potter is wishing he hadn't jumped the gun and signed the guy from St Johnstone for that experienced player coach role.

makaveli1875
19-04-2018, 12:53 PM
If Lennon thinks he'd add to the squad who am I to say naw. Did he play under Lennon at Celtic? Strachan signing naw?

he was Lennons team mate , thats how old he is :greengrin

hughio
19-04-2018, 12:56 PM
His movement and timing is second to none.Still has sharpness.

I'd say yes.

Crazyhorse
19-04-2018, 12:56 PM

What was Joe Baker 10 maybe 11 years before he came back?

guthrie01
19-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Kenny Millers days of playing are over, at his age you need to be playing regular to keep up with the level of skill required. If we have a 38/39 year old striker on the bench or even playing I would be very worried about our ambitions for next season.

A coaching role would be pointless, we already have good experienced coaches who are pushing us for second place right now. Just because he played for Hibs and was a good striker in his days doesn’t mean we should fit him in somewhere just for the sake of it.

Much rather we keep the coaching and management staff as is and use the money for bringing in better quality players who can improve our squad

Ozyhibby
19-04-2018, 01:10 PM
No thanks, we should be looking for better, don't see how he'd improve our squad.

100% correct. A 38 year old striker who has only managed 4 goals this season is not what we need and looks more like the type of player the yams should sign.

G B Young
19-04-2018, 01:25 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything from the BBC, but there was a story in the Mail about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5632117/Hibs-boss-Neil-Lennon-eyes-Kenny-Miller-reunion-strikers-Rangers-bust-up.html#ixzz5D5wEoVrk

murray26
19-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Can’t see any value in this.. 38 and kicked out his previous club for causing trouble.. hardly prolific either.. surely we can spend our money better.

Lago
19-04-2018, 01:38 PM
I bet Potter is wishing he hadn't jumped the gun and signed the guy from St Johnstone for that experienced player coach role.
Good point

Spike Mandela
19-04-2018, 01:51 PM
38.....that should be the end of this nonsense.

Hibs should be trying to find the next Kenny Miller not topping up the pension pot of the old one.

Captain Trips
19-04-2018, 02:06 PM
We have Oli Shaw and Simon Murray whom is away on loan ans future is uncertain with the club and that leaves us our current 2 forwards whom we do not even own at this moment.

Kamberi and Maclaren offer IMO a bit more going forward if we can keep them and for me that is where any monies for that department should be going. If we can keep them then I have no issue with KM but not instead of either one. If we cannot get one or both then that is way it is but KM is my 3rd choice if those are the only options on the table.

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 02:10 PM
As I said before I wouldn’t want him as a first team player if I’m honest. But I do feel he’d be a good squad player and be a good role model and coach for the younger lads. If Lennon feels Kenny would add vital experience I’m all for it.

empty your pm's! Perhaps Kenny could do the same job that Mixu did when he was learning his trade.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 02:12 PM

Thought the same

Thecat23
19-04-2018, 02:17 PM
empty your pm's! Perhaps Kenny could do the same job that Mixu did when he was learning his trade.

Done 👍🏼

Stokesy's on fire
19-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Nope Kenny could have returned to Hibs a few seasons ago but he chose to sign for Sevco. I would rather we signed Jamie Mac and Kamberi on perm deals than invest cash into Kenny Millers massive bank account.

SideBurns
19-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Nope Kenny could have returned to Hibs a few seasons ago but he chose to sign for Sevco. I would rather we signed Jamie Mac and Kamberi on perm deals than invest cash into Kenny Millers massive bank account.

Was the story not that Miller would have been up for returning but Fenlon didn't pursue it?

calumhibee1
19-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Far too much emphasis being put on his age imo.

I’d bet he’s a lot fitter and sharper than a lot of 29/30 year olds that haven’t looked after themselves as well as he has.

It’s a squad game now and not all signings can be star players that’ll play every week.

Exactly. Forget about his age for a second and realise that he’s still in better nick and more mobile than most of the strikers in the league. I’d take him for a year as a back up if he was happy with that. But not at the expense of signing Flo or Maclaren.

Thecat23
19-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Was the story not that Miller would have been up for returning but Fenlon didn't pursue it?

Correct.

Thecat23
19-04-2018, 02:39 PM

That’s not true, Kenny was never offered another deal at Hibs.

Smartie
19-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Age is unimportant.

We'd be happy enough getting a 21 year old on loan for a year. No long-term investment, no benefit other than the football you get from the player.

Why not sign a 38 year old to make a contribution one year at a time?

Obviously you can't flood your squad with players like that, but it is good to have a bit of experience around to help younger players, who should make up the bulk of the squad.

bigwheel
19-04-2018, 02:49 PM
Happy for Lennon to sign anyone he fancies - trust his judgment ..Personally though, I reckon Shaw would score as many (if not more) goals than Miller given the same amount of game time - i'd rather see him develop.

Pretty Boy
19-04-2018, 02:59 PM
If he still has something to offer on the park then I'd take him.

eastmainsmsh
19-04-2018, 03:02 PM
better wi roger

hibee
19-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Really hope we don’t sign him.

Beefster
19-04-2018, 03:21 PM
If It’s true that Lennon is keen, that’s fair ruined my day.

G B Young
19-04-2018, 03:27 PM

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/teams/hibernian/hibs-eye-kenny-miller-loan-deal-1-2658630

I don't for a minute think Lennon would regard Miller as a key signing given his age, but the guy looks to have kept himself in really decent shape and I think he'd still have another season in him. Davie Weir was still playing for Rangers and Scotland at 40.

bingo70
19-04-2018, 03:28 PM
better wi roger

And how old is he now?

jacomo
19-04-2018, 03:33 PM

I can absolutely guarantee we will appoint an ‘untested’ manager again at some point in the future.

It’s all about the quality of the candidates available at the time and what they might bring.

SideBurns
19-04-2018, 03:36 PM
Age is unimportant.

We'd be happy enough getting a 21 year old on loan for a year. No long-term investment, no benefit other than the football you get from the player.

Why not sign a 38 year old to make a contribution one year at a time?

Obviously you can't flood your squad with players like that, but it is good to have a bit of experience around to help younger players, who should make up the bulk of the squad.

Agree with this 100%. I can't believe our young strikers wouldn't learn from Miller if he was here for a season.

Sioux
19-04-2018, 03:37 PM
I can absolutely guarantee we will appoint an ‘untested’ manager again at some point in the future.

It’s all about the quality of the candidates available at the time and what they might bring.

No you can't

Jim44
19-04-2018, 03:44 PM
FWIW, the Jambos were creaming themselves at the prospect of maybe getting Miller and Wallace. Now they’re laughing at the discussion of Lennon’s interest in old man Miller.

worcesterhibby
19-04-2018, 03:44 PM
I like Kenny but he is past his sell by date if we are hoping to compete for 2nd place again next season. 15 starts + 3 sub appearances in the League this season for the team that creates more chances than anyone else except celtic and he only has 3 league goals. That's 3 league goals in 1191 minutes of league football or one goal every 397 minutes...while playing for the team who are currently in 2nd place and who have scored nearly 20 goals more than us.

Here as some comparisons

Kenny Miller - Zombies - 3 goals average 397 mins per goal

Morelos - Zombies - 14 goals average 165mins per goal
Leigh Griffiths - 9 goals average 119mins per goal
Alex Schalke - Ross County - 11 goals average 128mins per goal
Adam Rooney - Aberdeen - 9 goals average 168mins per goal
Simon Murray - Hibs(dundee) - 8 goals average 273mins per goal
Florian Kamberi - Hibs - 6 goals average 135mins per goal
Oli Shaw - Hibs - 5 goals average 105 mins per goal

I rest my case. Let's move on and stick with guys like Kamberi and Shaw and either Mclaren or someone like Schalke.

Green Badger
19-04-2018, 03:55 PM
If Lennon thinks he'll be an asset to the squad then that is good enough for me.

Wilson
19-04-2018, 03:58 PM
If Lennon thinks he'll be an asset to the squad then that is good enough for me.

It could be possible that Lennon has lost the plot. Might be worth keeping an eye out for further warning signs in the event of such a signing.

mcfly
19-04-2018, 04:02 PM
He might be 38 but I’ll bet there aren’t many fitter players in the whole league 10-15 yrs younger than him.

If the manager thinks he can do a job and bearing in mind we want European football his experience could be invaluable.

Be a good signing

IGRIGI
19-04-2018, 04:10 PM
If Lennon thinks he can get a season or two out of him I'm all for it.

With Boyle on the wing and possibly Allan through the middle I could see him netting for us.

GreenPJ
19-04-2018, 04:17 PM
A hundred times no.

Is that not the point? He wouldn't be playing every week so still an opportunity for the youngsters to get game time and learn off him in training?

Tomsk
19-04-2018, 04:17 PM
He might be 38 but I’ll bet there aren’t many fitter players in the whole league 10-15 yrs younger than him.

If the manager thinks he can do a job and bearing in mind we want European football his experience could be invaluable.

Be a good signing

I would have thought if this was true he would be playing from the start every week.

Bobby Moore
19-04-2018, 04:26 PM
in Lenny’s pre match interview coverage from today’s Herald he praises Miller’s fitness and professionalism and says there was interest in him pre season that did no pan out with a view to bringing him to ER and he is Rangers player at the moment and any comments are just speculation.

The quote is “we tried to get him at the start of the season as I like him. Lot”

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 04:43 PM
Only if he grows his curtains back.

Retro late 90s Hibs!
Are you listening SRHibs ? :na na:.... get Miller on board :aok:

SunshineOnLeith
19-04-2018, 04:54 PM
As long as he doesn't take the piss with salary demands and doesn't expect to play every game, don't see any downside in having him around to take some pressure off Shaw, who's probably not quite ready to be the 'main man' upfront for a whole season.

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 05:01 PM
Is that not the point? He wouldn't be playing every week so still an opportunity for the youngsters to get game time and learn off him in training?

Cumdog back while we are at it..... show these weejies who's the next best tae' the soapies :flag:

life is good when you have options ... :greengrin

Ray_
19-04-2018, 05:03 PM

Peter Cormack and Joe Baker would be around the same time away as Whittaker.

chinaman
19-04-2018, 05:12 PM
kenny xxxxxxx miller. no thanks.
first game for the new east stand , scores and runs past covering his mouth laughing , and then another time he scores against us and sprints to the away end and jumps into the waiting arms of his BELOVED HUN PALS.
very respectful to the club that made the xxxx. make me boak to see him back here

blackpoolhibs
19-04-2018, 05:12 PM

Why not, look how much of a fantastic job he's been doing bringing on Cummings and Morelos, clubs will be knocking his door down after the work he's done with those 2.

IDHibs
19-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Peter Cormack and Joe Baker would be around the same time away as Whittaker.

And what a comeback , white boots and sideburns etched in my memory. Eat ye'r mutton oot' sheepies

Ray_
19-04-2018, 05:21 PM
And what a comeback , white boots and sideburns etched in my memory. Eat ye'r mutton oot' sheepies

Pat Stanton's cracker to bring to an end of Bobby Clark's then record shutout was also memorable :thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
19-04-2018, 05:23 PM
Pat Stanton's cracker to bring to an end of Bobby Clark's then record shutout was also memorable :thumbsup:

I got a sair bang on my 8 year old head in the old Enclosure that day. Exuberance wasn't confined to 2016.

bigwheel
19-04-2018, 06:02 PM

Was behind that goal. Do I recall baker had a chalked off goal that day - or am I getting my goals and games completely wrong ? Just typing from memory so could be way out.

Iggy Pope
19-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Was behind that goal. Do I recall baker had a chalked off goal that day - or am I getting my goals and games completely wrong ? Just typing from memory so could be way out.

Joe got the winner and I got my sair bonce

Onion
19-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Trust Lennon.

bigwheel
19-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Joe got the winner and I got my sair bonce

Cheers buddy. Thought he had scored but memory foggy as I was very young

mentalhibee
19-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Hope this is just a rumour. Wouldn’t want him back now.

Lago
19-04-2018, 06:24 PM
:aok:
If he still has something to offer on the park then I'd take him.

MoscowHibs
19-04-2018, 06:30 PM

I disagree wi that. Hibs are a bigger draw now than they have been for a lot of years, and potentially I think some decent names would be interested in the managers job.Who ever thought we would get someone the calibre of Lennon? I certainly didn't.

WhileTheChief..
19-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Cracking pre match interview with Lennon on YouTube now.

He says that we were interested in Miller at the start of the season but that the speculation now is just paper talk.

eastcoasthibby
19-04-2018, 06:45 PM

This for me as well.! He would need to be a really cheap option and even then I am not keen lets look at someone that will do a job or we can try to develop ..

Colr
19-04-2018, 06:56 PM
He’s probably got a season left in him. I would take him.

With his professional approach to the game, he would make a useful coach for young strikers.

Colr
19-04-2018, 07:00 PM
A hundred times no.

Bring him in as a coach.

Fuzzywuzzy
19-04-2018, 07:02 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42645881

If you're willing....

HUTCHYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 07:08 PM
I disagree wi that. Hibs are a bigger draw now than they have been for a lot of years, and potentially I think some decent names would be interested in the managers job.Who ever thought we would get someone the calibre of Lennon? I certainly didn't.

Hopefully the future lasts a fair while, so its not the most outlandish of claims.

Allant1981
19-04-2018, 07:26 PM

like stubbs you mean

bingo70
19-04-2018, 07:42 PM
like stubbs you mean

Barcelona were able to take a punt on an untested Pep Guardiola, Real Madrid were able to take a punt on an untested Zidane Zidane, Celtic were able to take a punt on an untested Neil Lennon.

We’re too big to try stuff like that though so we need to stick with experienced managers like Butcher, Williamson or Fenlon.

There’s no exact science to picking a good manager, sometimes the best ones at the time are experienced, sometimes you’re fortunate enough to find someone already at your club and just waiting to be given the chance.

bigwheel
19-04-2018, 07:51 PM
Barcelona were able to take a punt on an untested Pep Guardiola, Real Madrid were able to take a punt on an untested Zidane Zidane, Celtic were able to take a punt on an untested Neil Lennon.

We’re too big to try stuff like that though so we need to stick with experienced managers like Butcher, Williamson or Fenlon.

There’s no exact science to picking a good manager, sometimes the best ones at the time are experienced, sometimes you’re fortunate enough to find someone already at your club and just waiting to be given the chance.

agree with your main point...buy Guardiola had had great success with their B team - winning leagues and promotions in their second division, before he was given the first team role ..so not untried .

Brooster
19-04-2018, 07:59 PM
Sign him for 1 year. Will defo do a job.

scoopyboy
19-04-2018, 08:04 PM

Agree with that,

A lot of uncertainty over several of our first team squad being here next season so getting him on board now is a good idea.

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Is "look after yourself, graft for every team you play for and you could still be playing in 20 years" that bad a message to send out to our young players?

No.

But I think bringing in a 38 year old is a bit of a kick in the teeth for someone like shaw who’s working hard, developing well and looking to become a first team regular.

I’d prefer that we spend money on wages for someone building a future at hibs and/or we might potentially sell for a fee.

bingo70
19-04-2018, 08:10 PM
No.

But I think bringing in a 38 year old is a bit of a kick in the teeth for someone like shaw who’s working hard, developing well and looking to become a first team regular.

I’d prefer that we spend money on wages for someone building a future at hibs and/or we might potentially sell for a fee.

Surely it’s better for Shaw to bring in Miller than a 25 year old striker?

Let’s face it a striker will be coming in but I think someone like miller would be a great result for Shaw.

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 08:11 PM
Folk seemed quite happy last season to have an over the hill non scoring striker in Grant Holt because of how he brought on the younger players. Why not Kenny Miller?

Different circumstances.

We desperately needed to get out of the championship last year, so a stop gap signing was decided upon.
I wasn’t that happy about signing an old fat b@st5rd with no pace, but I understood why we did it.

Mcpakeisgod
19-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Naw

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 08:17 PM

Nah, I’d rather we try to keep Kamberi and Maclaren. Bring on young shaw as the but part player because there’s a future in him. And possibly Murray too.

Miller doesn’t fit into that plan so it’s a no from me

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Surely it’s better for Shaw to bring in Miller than a 25 year old striker?

Let’s face it a striker will be coming in but I think someone like miller would be a great result for Shaw.

As a coach, yes.

But assuming we have 2 other ‘main’ strikers, I’d prefer we give the (probably limited) game time to a developing young player who can mature into a starter over time.

bingo70
19-04-2018, 08:23 PM
As a coach, yes.

But assuming we have 2 other ‘main’ strikers, I’d prefer we give the (probably limited) game time to a developing young player who can mature into a starter over time.

Most clubs have 4 main strikers.

If we assume maclaren and Kamberi stay (by no means certain) then that would leave Shaw and Miller competing for the starting spots, in its simplest terms I’d assume Miller would compete with Kamberi and Shaw would compete directly with Maclaren.

Simon Murray not going to make it with us IMO. Nicer performed at the start of his spell but I think his actual level was hat we saw the last month or two before he joined Dundee.

hibbydog
19-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Most clubs have 4 main strikers.

If we assume maclaren and Kamberi stay (by no means certain) then that would leave Shaw and Miller competing for the starting spots, in its simplest terms I’d assume Miller would compete with Kamberi and Shaw would compete directly with Maclaren.

Simon Murray not going to make it with us IMO. Nicer performed at the start of his spell but I think his actual level was hat we saw the last month or two before he joined Dundee.

I see yer point. We’ll wait n see what Lennon decides.

I’ve also forgotten about the potential for miller to score against Sevco which would be tremendous 😎

Hibs1969
19-04-2018, 08:28 PM
And how old is he now?

I don’t know but I’ve heard he’s King of the Road.

brydekirk
19-04-2018, 08:31 PM
No thanks, Whittaker cost us enough.
It's no a retirement home.

BoomtownHibees
19-04-2018, 09:01 PM

How much did he cost us?

hibbysam
19-04-2018, 09:11 PM

Whittaker cost us very little. As will Miller if he wants to come. Whittaker is doing his coaching while helping out when needed, Miller would be the same. None of our coaches have played centre forward at the level KM has, that experience and knowledge for Oli is second to none and would make Oli twice the player he already is immediately.

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2018, 09:41 PM
agree with your main point...buy Guardiola had had great success with their B team - winning leagues and promotions in their second division, before he was given the first team role ..so not untried .

Can B Teams get promoted?

hibbysam
19-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Can B Teams get promoted?

Until they reach the level below the ‘A’ team. In Scottish terms a B team could reach the championship but not join the A side in the premiership.

SquashedFrogg
19-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Until they reach the level below the ‘A’ team. In Scottish terms a B team could reach the championship but not join the A side in the premiership.

Cool, thanks for that.

Criswell
19-04-2018, 09:56 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything from the BBC, but there was a story in the Mail about this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5632117/Hibs-boss-Neil-Lennon-eyes-Kenny-Miller-reunion-strikers-Rangers-bust-up.html#ixzz5D5wEoVrk

Please make this a "Fake News" story.

IberianHibernian
20-04-2018, 12:04 AM
Hope it`s just newspaper talk and we`re not at all interested . If we are , can`t see why it would be a priority signing even if other clubs are interested so would suppose we`d be looking for better alternatives all summer before offering him anything definite . If he doesn`t want to wait and gets a better offer fine .
I keep reading here that everything is different from times of CC , Fenlon and Butcher and that we`re a new club etc etc with a great scouting team in place etc but if that`s the case is Miller as good as we can get ? With record season ticket sales many fans will surely be hoping for someone a bit better and club will be looking for someone with some sell on value if a success . 90% of fans are realistic and understand that it`s very difficult time for Scottish clubs to sign top players or even good players by European standards and that all signings are unpredictable and require some luck to become successful but can`t see many fans being happy about signing KM unless it`s a case of signing anyone we`ve heard of before players who`ll really be a success . If as a coach , then club can announce he`s being signed as back up to coaching team .

monteddie
20-04-2018, 12:18 AM

That was a cracking 1st post:thumbsup:

Austinho
20-04-2018, 01:11 AM
I’d be pretty whelmed if Miller joined.

Does anyone take back ex players as much as we do?

Austinho
20-04-2018, 01:13 AM
Let’s line up some offers for Sol Bamba, Steven Fletcher, Leigh Griffiths and Mixu Paatelainen too ;)

Nutmegged
20-04-2018, 01:15 AM
Not happy about this one at all, I've got no issue with Kenny other than the fact he'll be 39 and has lost that explosive pace and boundless energy that made him what he was, if he was 35/36 I'd not be as against this idea but if we have genuine aspirations to becomes a top 2 team then we need to be a bit more ambitious than this

HoboHarry
20-04-2018, 02:51 AM
Let’s line up some offers for Sol Bamba, Steven Fletcher, Leigh Griffiths and Mixu Paatelainen too ;)
You forgot Pat Stanton and Franck Sauzee ya bam.......

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 05:07 AM
Bring him in as a coach.

Which current coach should we sack?

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 05:09 AM

He hasn’t done a job this season. Only 4 goals. What makes you think he’s improving at his age?

MacGruber
20-04-2018, 05:23 AM
2 words for doubters signing the ageing striker

Craig
&
Brewster

Think he could do a turn. Could take or leave though

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 05:29 AM
2 words for doubters signing the ageing striker

Craig
&
Brewster

Think he could do a turn. Could take or leave though

Think he only got a handful of goals as well. We need strikers who score goals.
How come Celtic don’t feel the need for a mentor for their strikers?

Brooster
20-04-2018, 05:32 AM
He hasn’t done a job this season. Only 4 goals. What makes you think he’s improving at his age?

Where did I say he was improving with age?

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 05:40 AM
Where did I say he was improving with age?

You said he would def do a job? He’s not doing that now so I don’t see him improving next season.

MacGruber
20-04-2018, 05:40 AM
Think he only got a handful of goals as well. We need strikers who score goals.
How come Celtic don’t feel the need for a mentor for their strikers?

Because they can afford ready made good ones lol

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 05:59 AM
Because they can afford ready made good ones lol

Dembélé was only just turned 20 when he signed for Celtic. Surely he would need mentoring? Or maybe Celtic think that’s what the coaching team are for?

JimBHibees
20-04-2018, 06:01 AM
You said he would def do a job? He’s not doing that now so I don’t see him improving next season.

Only down to his injury. Has more than done a job when playing. Would be a decent signing for a year a bit like Whittaker that wise old veteran role who can still do a job.

Ozyhibby
20-04-2018, 06:03 AM
Only down to his injury. Has more than done a job when playing. Would be a decent signing for a year a bit like Whittaker that wise old veteran role who can still do a job.

I don’t think Whittaker has been good value for money either.

Barman Stanton
20-04-2018, 06:57 AM
Seems a bit old but happy to take Lennons judgement on this one. Pretty sure he has a better knowledge of football than the experts on here.

JimBHibees
20-04-2018, 06:58 AM
I don’t think Whittaker has been good value for money either.

I know.

worcesterhibby
20-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Only down to his injury. Has more than done a job when playing.

Not as a goal scorer in the league he hasn’t
one goal every 6.6 games with the chances that Rangers forwards get is poor

Brooster
20-04-2018, 08:08 AM

Yes I did say he would do a job but I didnt say he was improving with age.

JimBHibees
20-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Not as a goal scorer in the league he hasn’t
one goal every 6.6 games with the chances that Rangers forwards get is poor

That does look low in terms of goals to mins. I was just going on the basis of what I had seen in games or highlights and tv. Think he has been more of a sub this season which probably added to his anger with Murty. Still think he would add to the squad for a season however I am sure there are other strikers who could also do a similar or better job so will leave it to Neil to decide.

hibbysam
20-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Which current coach should we sack?

Why would we sack anyone? Do we only bring players in when one goes? We don’t have a striker on the coaching staff..

thegaffer12
20-04-2018, 09:40 AM
Lennon's Hibs TV interview would suggest it's just a rumour and based on nothing.

"It's all paper talk. He's nearly as old as me!"

Does not sound like a manager ready to make a move on him.

Rocky
20-04-2018, 10:20 AM
Why would we sack anyone? Do we only bring players in when one goes? We don’t have a striker on the coaching staff..

We have to balance the books - assuming all other costs are fixed then an increase in coaching staff needs to come from playing budget. So, even supposing KM would get £50k a year, where should that come from? One fewer young prospect in the playing squad? A grand a week less on Dylan's contract offer?

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 10:23 AM

Why have the current management not brought a striking coach into the club, why have they neglected this since arriving at the club?

Clear mismanagement it seems?

Smartie
20-04-2018, 10:29 AM
We've been pretty lucky for injuries to forwards this season.

Stokes missed a few weeks earlier this season but that's been it, so we've been OK with who we have.

Boyle has been a massive player for us so you wouldn't want to move him off the wing.

Shaw's now picked up a knock so if McLaren or Flo were to get injured/ suspended, we might be s bit light.

There is definitely space for another striker in our squad imo, and I would have thought that off the back of this season's crowds our finances should be better next season.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 10:31 AM
We've been pretty lucky for injuries to forwards this season.

Stokes missed a few weeks earlier this season but that's been it, so we've been OK with who we have.

Boyle has been a massive player for us so you wouldn't want to move him off the wing.

Shaw's now picked up a knock so if McLaren or Flo were to get injured/ suspended, we might be s bit light.

There is definitely space for another striker in our squad imo, and I would have thought that off the back of this season's crowds our finances should be better next season.

Yip, injuries are part and parcel of the game, and Miller will be 39 next season and has been injured most of this season.

Smartie
20-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Yip, injuries are part and parcel of the game, and Miller will be 39 next season and has been injured most of this season.

He came back pretty quickly from a bad injury in spite of his age, and has not been particularly injury prone throughout his career.

erskine-hibby
20-04-2018, 10:37 AM
He had a chance to sign earlier bit chose to stay a the the rangers. Regardless if he keeps himself fit , or what he may or may not have achieved in his career, he is, or will be next season, 39 years old, hardly forward looking is it? Even bringing him in as a coach will take money away from the first team and potential signings. So it's a no from me.

Blaster
20-04-2018, 10:47 AM
He had a chance to sign earlier bit chose to stay a the the rangers. Regardless if he keeps himself for, or what he may or may not have achieved in his career, he is, or will be next season, 39 years old, hardly forward looking is it? Even bringing him in as a coach will take money away from the first team and potential signings. So it's a no from me.

You could argue his experience could help the development of shaw so it is looking to the future. Also we never offered him a contract previously. I’d take him for a year as replacement for Simon Murray

Thecat23
20-04-2018, 10:59 AM
He had a chance to sign earlier bit chose to stay a the the rangers. Regardless if he keeps himself fit , or what he may or may not have achieved in his career, he is, or will be next season, 39 years old, hardly forward looking is it? Even bringing him in as a coach will take money away from the first team and potential signings. So it's a no from me.

He’s never had a contract offer from Hibs. When Hibs showed interest he’d already agreed another deal with The Rangers.

hibbysam
20-04-2018, 12:24 PM
We have to balance the books - assuming all other costs are fixed then an increase in coaching staff needs to come from playing budget. So, even supposing KM would get £50k a year, where should that come from? One fewer young prospect in the playing squad? A grand a week less on Dylan's contract offer?

Or the fact our budget is ever growing with our growing turnover? Just like our squad has got to grow, so does our backroom staff. If Lennon feels Miller coming in to help our young strikers improve as a specialist then who are we to say he doesn’t need a striking coach?

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 12:29 PM
You could argue his experience could help the development of shaw so it is looking to the future. Also we never offered him a contract previously. I’d take him for a year as replacement for Simon Murray

How is his experience bringing on the likes of Cummings and Morelos?

As for Murray's replacement, i'd like better and Miller or Murray is like for like with one hardly going to improve?

Blaster
20-04-2018, 12:39 PM
How is his experience bringing on the likes of Cummings and Morelos?

As for Murray's replacement, i'd like better and Miller or Murray is like for like with one hardly going to improve?

You seriously comparing what I am saying with Cummings who has been at rangers for 12 weeks or so, and into the mess that rangers are in just now?? Rangers are a basket case of a club so it’s difficult to make sense of anything going on there at the moment. However my opinion is that Morelos has done ok compared to most other huddies they’ve signed in the last few years

My view is that he could do for shaw what Brewster did for o’connor

You clearly don’t want him which is fair enough. I’ll trust our manager’s view

Hibs1969
20-04-2018, 12:40 PM

Mixu Paatelainen?

What a f*****g signing 😀

Thecat23
20-04-2018, 12:43 PM
You seriously comparing what I am saying with Cummings who has been at rangers for 12 weeks or so, and into the mess that rangers are in just now?? Rangers are a basket case of a club so it’s difficult to make sense of anything going on there at the moment. However my opinion is that Morelos has done ok compared to most other huddies they’ve signed in the last few years

Well said, Kenny doesn’t train Morelos or Cummings. So no idea why he thinks that 😂

I trust Lennon, and if he wants him fine If not then that’s fine as well. We’ll have many targets in mind and I think if a player can add experience and Kenny being one of the best Pros Scotland has produced then I can see why Lennon would want him around.

Phil MaGlass
20-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Just because Miller has been a model pro and good striker, what makes folk think it would make him a good coach?

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 12:56 PM

I will also trust our manager, does not mean i'd like us to sign him.

As for the Brewster comparison, i don't see Miller bringing on any players like that, as he'd be brought in as 4th choice maybe even 5th?

And if we are playing our 3rd and 4th choice forwards or maybe 4th and 5th choice, i'd suggest things were not going as well as we'd all have hoped, and would be on a par with the basket case that are 3 points ahead of us.

JeMeSouviens
20-04-2018, 12:59 PM

Never mind O'Connor, Brewster made Tam McManus look a player at times.

Thecat23
20-04-2018, 12:59 PM
Just because Miller has been a model pro and good striker, what makes folk think it would make him a good coach?

This is true, no one can say for sure if he would be. Just like we couldn’t say if a manager will be good. If and it’s a big if he does come only time will tell. He may be poor and then he’ll be away. On the other hand he may be very good and be a future manager down the line. Until it happens no one knows.

Blaster
20-04-2018, 01:04 PM
I will also trust our manager, does not mean i'd like us to sign him.

As for the Brewster comparison, i don't see Miller bringing on any players like that, as he'd be brought in as 4th choice maybe even 5th?

And if we are playing our 3rd and 4th choice forwards or maybe 4th and 5th choice, i'd suggest things were not going as well as we'd all have hoped, and would be on a par with the basket case that are 3 points ahead of us.

Surely you need a squad BH. One of the reasons we’ve done well this year is we have experienced strength in depth for a change. Previously we’ve had a good 14 but struggled below that when injuries or suspension hit

Miller and Shaw as back up strikers to Kamberi and A N Other would be good in my view.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Surely you need a squad BH. One of the reasons we’ve done well this year is we have experienced strength in depth for a change. Previously we’ve had a good 14 but struggled below that when injuries or suspension hit

Miller and Shaw as back up strikers to Kamberi and A N Other would be good in my view.

I agree, we do need a squad.

Personally i'd like better than Miller as our back up, id class Miller and Murray as similar types who'd give us similar results.

I'd prefer a different type of player than those 2, and obviously better quality too.

I'd also disagree that we've struggled at all this season, in fact i'd say we've done rather well all the way through it.

worcesterhibby
20-04-2018, 01:18 PM
I trust Lennon, and if he wants him fine If not then that’s fine as well. We’ll have many targets in mind and I think if a player can add experience and Kenny being one of the best Pros Scotland has produced then I can see why Lennon would want him around.

Looking at the stats which I posted above, I tend to feel Kenny's best days are past and he is now on a downward spiral, but I also trust Lennon to know more about what Hibs need than I do, and I admit one set of stats doesn't give you the whole picture, so would welcome Kenny if Neil Lennon decided it was a good move.

Captain Trips
20-04-2018, 01:55 PM
I do not think we should be looking at what KM might be able to do for Oli. He may or may not help him. When weare looking at the playing side first and foremost what does the player bring to the club themselves week in week out and I do not know if KM is a week in week out player anymore.

While are have 2 decent forwards playing who we do not even own we really want to look at seeing what we can do there. Oli Shaw can look at loads of videos of many great strikers to help him on his way.

truehibernian
20-04-2018, 01:56 PM

That's very true and I suppose we won't know that until KM ventures into that part of the game.

I do think however it's telling that we went for Kenny last summer and for me this would have clearly been with a view to have him enter into the coaching side of things. Lennon would not only be a good mentor but cut from the same cloth - they hate losing. It's why we have been so successful under Lennon, that winning is everything mindset coupled with the aura that NL has about him.

John Rankin and Lee McCulloch gave really good insight into the Murty situation and both cited the charisma and presence both Lennon and Rodgers have when they walk into a dressing room. Lennon in particular is a winner and can back this up by a pretty successful and trophy laden career. Kenny has had a terrific career here and down south and internationally - scoring in every league here and abroad. That 'presence' and winning mentality may be seen by Neil as his potential successor - something I remember Leeann saying when she came in - being able to identify natural successors should managers be successful and move on.

The other telling moment from all the Murty fall-out is that I have yet to hear any ex pro who has played alongside Kenny say he was a bad influence - rather they have all said he is outspoken but in the right way and is a winner who cares about the club he plays for. Already that is a good quality for a manager, having that respect amongst fellow pros.

Rocky
20-04-2018, 03:07 PM
Or the fact our budget is ever growing with our growing turnover? Just like our squad has got to grow, so does our backroom staff. If Lennon feels Miller coming in to help our young strikers improve as a specialist then who are we to say he doesn’t need a striking coach?

That's a different point - if we've identified a need for a striking coach and the budget allows it then great. If Kenny Miller is identified as the best candidate for that job then also great. I was responding to a point about just adding Kenny Miller to the coaching staff as if it would have no impact elsewhere.

Lago
20-04-2018, 03:25 PM
I agree, we do need a squad.

Personally i'd like better than Miller as our back up, id class Miller and Murray as similar types who'd give us similar results.

I'd prefer a different type of player than those 2, and obviously better quality too.

I'd also disagree that we've struggled at all this season, in fact i'd say we've done rather well all the way through it.
I dont see Murray as a Scotland international, so your comparison is flawed.

bingo70
20-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Like with any signing there’s negatives and positives. I’m all for discussing concerns but I just don’t get the people that only look at the negatives.

I can understand some being a bit cautious and not overly excited however I find the fact people are writing him off completely and giving him no chance quite bizarre.

Why not trust the manager who lets face it, will have studied him closer than we have, and just look on the positives?

I can be the most miserable of *******s at times, especially after a defeat but surely new signings are something to be excited about as it might just come off and be brilliant?

AgentDaleCooper
20-04-2018, 03:47 PM
If lennon wants him then he's probably good enough to do a job.

blackpoolhibs
20-04-2018, 04:20 PM
I dont see Murray as a Scotland international, so your comparison is flawed.

Neither do i, i also don't see Miller as a Scottish international now either, he like Murray are far from it.

emerald green
20-04-2018, 06:10 PM
I don't want Easter Road to be a retirement home for past it players. Our development squad has just won the development league title. I'd rather see some of these lads being rewarded and encouraged before signing Miller at 38 years old.

Smartie
20-04-2018, 06:32 PM
I don't want Easter Road to be a retirement home for past it players. Our development squad has just won the development league title. I'd rather see some of these lads being rewarded and encouraged before signing Miller at 38 years old.

And do you think these guys will develop better being expected to play every minute of every match, or by sharing a workload with a clever, experienced player?

hibees 7062
20-04-2018, 10:14 PM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30762985_10204684796597799_3640954239083085824_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=899957207dacfb7201642a35f4fbc2d3&oe=5B6D262E

truehibernian
21-04-2018, 01:10 AM
https://scontent.fman3-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/30762985_10204684796597799_3640954239083085824_n.j pg?_nc_cat=0&oh=899957207dacfb7201642a35f4fbc2d3&oe=5B6D262E

The Kenny Miller with nearly 600 games under his belt, nearly 250 goals, played here, the EPL, abroad and internationally ? The Kenny Miller who probably did what Lennon would have done and called out all those The Rangers players last weekend for putting in a horrible performance against their bitter rivals ? That Kenny Miller ?

I'll take Kenny's record and his winners mentality over some no mark on Twitter any day of the week :aok: and he'd be an absolute coup for Hibs if/when we get him :agree:

number9dream
21-04-2018, 07:30 AM
The Kenny Miller with nearly 600 games under his belt, nearly 250 goals, played here, the EPL, abroad and internationally ? The Kenny Miller who probably did what Lennon would have done and called out all those The Rangers players last weekend for putting in a horrible performance against their bitter rivals ? That Kenny Miller ?

I'll take Kenny's record and his winners mentality over some no mark on Twitter any day of the week :aok: and he'd be an absolute coup for Hibs if/when we get him :agree:

It's just another Celtic troll having a go at Rangers being a new club. Yawn... The guy probably knows next to nothing about Miller.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-04-2018, 08:16 AM
If Miller wants regular football, he isn't going to get it with us. Can see him going to Motherwell.

hibbysam
21-04-2018, 08:23 AM
If Miller wants regular football, he isn't going to get it with us. Can see him going to Motherwell.

I think Kenny will have got to the stage where he is accepting that he won’t be a ‘regular’ anywhere at 38. But he’s looking to his future and if he feels he’s got the money in the bank and wants to become a coach and Hibs want him then I don’t see why not, exactly the same as Whittaker.

wookie70
21-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Not sure he would be a good role model. He is essentially getting sacked for being disruptive. Not exactly a Stokes type but that wasn't well handled by our management team. I would far rather see Oli Shaw or Simon Murray than Kenny Miller. Both would be just as effective and may earn us a fee later. I don't think Holt did much of note in a lower league and I think Miller would be a waste of a wage too.

jacomo
21-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Not sure he would be a good role model. He is essentially getting sacked for being disruptive. Not exactly a Stokes type but that wasn't well handled by our management team. I would far rather see Oli Shaw or Simon Murray than Kenny Miller. Both would be just as effective and may earn us a fee later. I don't think Holt did much of note in a lower league and I think Miller would be a waste of a wage too.

Are you taking these reports at face value?

Even The Sun and Daily Ranger are hinting that Sevco’s account of what happened at Hampden may not be entirely truthful.

EDIT: even Graeme Murty is saying he needs to learn lessons from what happened. He seems out of his depth.

wookie70
21-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Are you taking these reports at face value?

Even The Sun and Daily Ranger are hinting that Sevco’s account of what happened at Hampden may not be entirely truthful.

EDIT: even Graeme Murty is saying he needs to learn lessons from what happened. He seems out of his depth.

Murty probably is out of his depth. Maybe a wise old pro who is a good influence could have worked with him to ensure some harmony and show some solidarity. Can't be sure of what happened of course but it sounds like he spat the dummy out at something. It may have been with best intentions and out of frustration at others lack of effort or guts but either way it probably wasn't professional.

If he has done nothing wrong fair enough, I still don't think he would be a good signing for us. His stats show what he can do at 37/38 and it will only go downhill from there.

theonlywayisup
21-04-2018, 09:42 AM

Like the reference to Miller being "Older" than the club

snooky
21-04-2018, 09:47 AM

100%. :agree:

jacomo
21-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Like the reference to Miller being "Older" than the club

Isn’t that the whole point of the joke?

jacomo
21-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Murty probably is out of his depth. Maybe a wise old pro who is a good influence could have worked with him to ensure some harmony and show some solidarity. Can't be sure of what happened of course but it sounds like he spat the dummy out at something. It may have been with best intentions and out of frustration at others lack of effort or guts but either way it probably wasn't professional.

If he has done nothing wrong fair enough, I still don't think he would be a good signing for us. His stats show what he can do at 37/38 and it will only go downhill from there.

Opinions about his worth to us as a player now are one thing. IMO you are right about that.

But these stories about him being a disruptive influence? Straight outta the Sevco playbook - when things go wrong, find someone to blame and lash out.

It sounds like what happened in The Rangers dressing room was no different to any team who’ve just been thumped by their biggest rivals.

The only difference is that Murty has no authority and Traynor went bleating to the media to try and deflect attention from the high command.

The people who run The Rangers are odious bullies who will lash out at anyone to cover their own backs: Hibs, Magic Hat, McInnes, Miller.