PDA

View Full Version : Who’s cheering for the Yams this Sunday?

BegbieHSC
18-04-2018, 11:59 AM
Feel dirty saying this, and I can make a point that I hope as many red cards and injuries for both sides happen, but I have to say, I hope they win!

The hun implosion would be so spectacular, and put us in good stead for 2nd.

iwasthere1972
18-04-2018, 12:07 PM
C'mon the hurts.

Am away for a wash down with the jet washer.

danhibees1875
18-04-2018, 12:11 PM
I think that seems like a logical decision. :agree:

Geo_1875
18-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Can't cheer them on. Won't watch it. Probably watch the highlights later hoping for carnage and cards galore in a dull 0-0 draw.

Keith_M
18-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Themselves?

I know it's not going to happen but here's my dream scenario:

Hibs to win every remaining game.

Killie to win every game except against us.

Hearts to lose every game.

Aberdeen to beat DerHun 10-0.

Any remaining matches to finish 0-0.

Final League Table
1) Celtc
2) Hibs
3) Aberdeen
4) Killie
5) DerHun
6) Hearts

Plus Motherwell to win the Cup.

james62
18-04-2018, 12:19 PM
Feel dirty saying this, and I can make a point that I hope as many red cards and injuries for both sides happen, but I have to say, I hope they win!

There's nothing dirty about wanting the Huns to lose regardless of the opposition

AgentDaleCooper
18-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Themselves?

Final League Table
1) Celtc
2) Hibs
3) Aberdeen
4) Killie
5) DerHun
6) Hearts

that sounds absolutely splendid :thumbsup:

Aim Here
18-04-2018, 12:44 PM
I sympathize but have some mixed feelings. If Rangers does win that game, and we take some points off Celtic on Saturday, then Celtic gets to win the league in the face of about 8000 Rangers fans, which, as well as ensuring this is Not Rangers' month, will also get it right up Police Scotland, who dicked everyone in Scottish Football around for a week trying to stop that very thing happening. That would be somewhat pleasing.

Still, on balance, it's better for Hibs if Rangers are denied those three points, and probably if Aberdeen/Killie draw (Killie will be all-guns blazing the week after if Celtic beats us and they're within 3 points of us).

we are hibs
18-04-2018, 12:53 PM
I want Hibs to win and Hearts to lose because they are our rivals and that's the way football should be and has been for years and years

flash
18-04-2018, 01:13 PM
I want Hibs to win and Hearts to lose because they are our rivals and that's the way football should be and has been for years and years

Why would you want The rangers to win a game that keeps them ahead of us?

RossScott1991
18-04-2018, 01:15 PM

I want hibs to win and rangers to drop points , because at this stage of the season they are our direct rivals for positions in the league. What if we don’t win on Saturday? Why would anyone want rangers to win to go 6 clear of us , just for sake of “atleast hearts got beat” when they are no threat and their season is now meaningless

We should be wanting Aberdeen rangers and Kilmarnock to drop points at every opportunity for rest of season as we are in a fight with these teams. Personally hope hearts take points off them all.

calumhibee1
18-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I hope they skelp Rangers.

CB_NO3
18-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Personally I want Hearts to win as I want us to finish as high as possible.

JimBHibees
18-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Personally I want Hearts to win as I want us to finish as high as possible.

Yes absolute no brainer whatever suits Hibs best. Bizarre there is even a discussion about this.

JimBHibees
18-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Rangers, Aberdeen and Killie are our rivals as well.

Baader
18-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Whatever best benefits Hibs. If that means a Hearts win then so be it.

Souter96Mac
18-04-2018, 01:22 PM
Hope the Huns and Herts both lose.

hibbyfraelibby
18-04-2018, 01:33 PM
We need everyone but an Edinburgh team to drop points this weekend.

lord bunberry
18-04-2018, 01:39 PM
I won’t watch it, then take satisfaction from whatever the result is.

Pretty Boy
18-04-2018, 01:44 PM
I want what is best for Hibs. If that involves Hearts winning then so be it.

Hi Heid Yin
18-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Yes absolute no brainer whatever suits Hibs best. Bizarre there is even a discussion about this.

:agree::agree::agree: Utter sense

we are hibs
18-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Rangers, Aberdeen and Killie are our rivals as well.

Don't know why you are being tedious about that. Clearly hearts are our oldest and biggest rivals and have been since we were formed. Why any "hibs fan" would want then to win any game a beyond me. We win our games and we will finish in a European place. We don't need hearts for anything.

SirDavidsNapper
18-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Hearts win please

JimBHibees
18-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Don't know why you are being tedious about that. Clearly hearts are our oldest and biggest rivals and have been since we were formed. Why any "hibs fan" would want then to win any game a beyond me. We win our games and we will finish in a European place. We don't need hearts for anything.

You just dont get it do you. Sometimes we do need other teams to beat the teams we are most closely competing with.

Hearts can win as many games as they want in the run in as the game against us apart will likely mean we have a better chance in achieving our goals.

Oscar T Grouch
18-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Hibs are 13 points ahead of hearts, Hibs are 3 points behind the huns, if you can't see why people want hearts to win :confused: A win for them benefits Hibs more than a win for der hun, if you want the hun to win then you don't want what is best for Hibs do you?

we are hibs
18-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Hibs are 13 points ahead of hearts, Hibs are 3 points behind the huns, if you can't see why people want hearts to win :confused: A win for them benefits Hibs more than a win for der hun, if you want the hun to win then you don't want what is best for Hibs do you?

As I already said if we win our games we will finish in a European spot. Aberdeen and rangers are 3 ahead. We beat both we go level on points, they both play each other second last game so either or both will drop points and that would mean, if we win our games we would be in a European spot. So we clearly don't need hearts to win ANY game. If they were to draw then so be it, if they were to win so be it; but actively wanting your rivals to win doesn't sit well with me

Oscar T Grouch
18-04-2018, 02:17 PM
As I already said if we win our games we will finish in a European spot. Aberdeen and rangers are 3 ahead. We beat both we go level on points, they both play each other second last game so either or both will drop points and that would mean, if we win our games we would be in a European spot. So we clearly don't need hearts to win ANY game. If they were to draw then so be it, if they were to win so be it; but actively wanting your rivals to win doesn't sit well with me

I want whatever is best for Hibs, ignoring what can happen in the coming weeks, the best result for Hibs is us winning and the hun and dons dropping points, if that means herts win then I don't care, Hibs matter more to me than our rivalry against them. Whilst I won't be at mordor cheering them on, I will be hoping they win because it will benefit Hibs the most, the win does nothing for them at all in relation to our rivalry.

surreyhibbie
18-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Hearts beat the Thes and it benefits us
Hearts lose and we take the piss.

win/win

:thumbsup:

mcohibs
18-04-2018, 02:24 PM

'The way football should be' is that the interests of your team should come first no matter what.

If the fixture list was different and Hearts beating Rangers meant we were guaranteed a European spot, you'd still want them to get beat? Weird.

LancsHibs
18-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Can’t bring myself to cheer for Hearts, but I hope they win!

AugustaHibs
18-04-2018, 02:27 PM

you've lost it mate. We will need help from others 100% as we will not take 15 from 15......

we are hibs
18-04-2018, 02:28 PM
'The way football should be' is that the interests of your team should come first no matter what.

If the fixture list was different and Hearts beating Rangers meant we were guaranteed a European spot, you'd still want them to get beat? Weird.

"If the fixture list was different". But it's not. What's your point?

Answer me this; if we win all our remaining games will we qualify for Europe? Yes. So explain how we NEED hearts to win?

Keyser Sauzee
18-04-2018, 02:31 PM

Answer me this; if we win all our remaining games will we qualify for Europe? Yes. So explain how we NEED hearts to win?

Yes we will get Europe if that happens.

Now answer this: do you think we will win all our remaining fixtures??

That’s the point most are making, we won’t so we WILL need help from other teams, i.e Herts, get over it.

Captain Trips
18-04-2018, 02:32 PM
I want what is best for Hibs. If that involves Hearts winning then so be it.

Indeed

we are hibs
18-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Yes we will get Europe if that happens.

Now answer this: do you think we will win all our remaining fixtures??

That’s the point most are making, we won’t so we WILL need help from other teams, i.e Herts, get over it.

If we beat Celtic on Saturday why can't we win the remaining 4 games? We've got the beating of the rest. Also, Aberdeen and rangers need to
Go to Celtic park twice. Neither will win there and also killie could take points off both so I'm still not sure why you think we need hearts to win their games.

mcohibs
18-04-2018, 02:37 PM

So would you want them to win in a 'decider' situation yes? Because your logic suggests otherwise. Then why not want them to win on Sunday?

My point as well as others' is that Hearts taking three points on Sunday is a massive boost to our hopes of getting into Europe.

No one has said we NEED them to win, clearly we don't. But wanting Rangers to gain three points on us is baffling.

Onion
18-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Draw will do just fine.

heidtheba
18-04-2018, 03:02 PM
It's all about Hibs. Hearts beating The Rangers is better for us = I want them to beat The Rangers. Simple. I'm pretty sure someone said Hearts were "irrelevant to us"...well, they are but they become relevant again when playing our biggest league position rivals.

danhibees1875
18-04-2018, 03:27 PM
If we beat Celtic on Saturday why can't we win the remaining 4 games? We've got the beating of the rest. Also, Aberdeen and rangers need to
Go to Celtic park twice. Neither will win there and also killie could take points off both so I'm still not sure why you think we need hearts to win their games.

But we're not guaranteed to win our games, so Hearts picking up points in their games gives us a better chance that whatever points tally we do get will be better than that of Rangers/Aberdeen/Killie.

Smartie
18-04-2018, 03:56 PM
I want them to win so much I've dug out my "special mittens" and stopped brushing my teeth.

Sir David Gray
18-04-2018, 04:02 PM
******* madness that anyone would want anything other than a Hearts win on Sunday just because they are our city rivals.

They are totally irrelevant this season in the grand scheme of things and they are playing against a team that we need to make up points against over the next 5 games.

A Hearts win could go a long way to securing a European place for Hibs next season. Why anyone wouldn't want them to win is completely beyond me. It's so short sighted, it's unreal.

Kojock
18-04-2018, 04:07 PM
I would never cheer for a Hear7s win on Sunday but I'm more than happy to cheer for a Sevco defeat.

lord bunberry
18-04-2018, 04:08 PM
I want them to win so much I've dug out my "special mittens" and stopped brushing my teeth.

I’ve been perusing Rovers on the internet.

Albanian Hibs
18-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Do Hearts fans even want themselves to win?

WeeRussell
18-04-2018, 04:37 PM
“Cheering for” isn’t a term I would use. But as others have stated, I want whatever results are in our best interest.

Also, I hate rangers more than anyone in the world.. including hearts.

HibbyAndy
18-04-2018, 04:41 PM
******* madness that anyone would want anything other than a Hearts win on Sunday just because they are our city rivals.

They are totally irrelevant this season in the grand scheme of things and they are playing against a team that we need to make up points against over the next 5 games.

A Hearts win could go a long way to securing a European place for Hibs next season. Why anyone wouldn't want them to win is completely beyond me. It's so short sighted, it's unreal.

I wan't Hearts to win but i certainly won't be 'cheering' for them to win. I hope they limp over the line with numerous injuries and a couple of red cards to boot

Franck Stanton
18-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Well said that man. My thoughts exactly. Can never see an instance where I would want hertz to win a game. A draw would be just a good, but don't care about them at all.

BigT-Hibeez
18-04-2018, 05:01 PM
I sympathize but have some mixed feelings. If Rangers does win that game, and we take some points off Celtic on Saturday, then Celtic gets to win the league in the face of about 8000 Rangers fans, which, as well as ensuring this is Not Rangers' month, will also get it right up Police Scotland, who dicked everyone in Scottish Football around for a week trying to stop that very thing happening. That would be somewhat pleasing.

Still, on balance, it's better for Hibs if Rangers are denied those three points, and probably if Aberdeen/Killie draw (Killie will be all-guns blazing the week after if Celtic beats us and they're within 3 points of us).

You mean Police Glasgow?

Keith_M
18-04-2018, 06:59 PM

No it's not.

Them winning one game out of five guarantees them nothing.

EastCalderHibby
18-04-2018, 07:53 PM

hate the farts but detest the jaffas so hope the farts do them over 4 zip then sevco sack 2 more players

Jack Hackett
18-04-2018, 07:56 PM
If we were to grab 2nd (or 3rd) by a point or 2 after hertz deny their big brothers 3 pts, they'd be spewing. They couldn't even try the 'If it wisnae fur us...' line, because the points we've taken from them has contributed to us being in a position to challenge for 2nd. In their own sweet way, they've already helped us.

Hertz win please

Eyrie
18-04-2018, 08:13 PM
I always want Celtc, Hearts and Sevco to lose all their games so it's very tricky when two of them are playing each other.

But since it is more in Hibs interests that Sevco lose this weekend than that Hearts lose, a Sevco defeat is my preferred outcome.

B.H.F.C
18-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Well said that man. My thoughts exactly. Can never see an instance where I would want hertz to win a game. A draw would be just a good, but don't care about them at all.

It’s not about wanting Hearts to win. It’s about what the best outcome is for Hibs.

As it stands today we need The Rangers to drop points at least twice (including us beating them) to catch them. And that’s based on us winning all five games which, realistically, I don’t think we will. We need them to drop as many points as possible and I really don’t care who it’s against.

Tynie01011973
18-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Won't ever cheer the Hertz to win a game,just not right!

However, if they do manage to turn over the currant buns I wouldn't say no to it 😊

Jones28
18-04-2018, 08:41 PM

That's pretty small minded in the grand scheme of things

JimBHibees
18-04-2018, 09:08 PM
No it's not.

Them winning one game out of five guarantees them nothing.

Hearts beating Rangers doesn't help Hibs, really.

easty
18-04-2018, 09:51 PM

It does. Really.

Eyrie
18-04-2018, 09:57 PM
We effectively need to make up four points in just five games due to Sevco's superior goal difference. Any points that they get makes life harder for us, so anything that stops them getting points is beneficial.

jacomo
18-04-2018, 11:24 PM
Hearts are just making up the numbers in the top 6, so I’m backing them against everyone else.

The truth though is that we are the only fixture they care about and they’ll chuck the rest.

BoomtownHibees
18-04-2018, 11:25 PM
Nothing to do with wanting Hearts to win. But I definitely want The Rangers to get beat

Dashing Bob S
19-04-2018, 12:01 AM
It’s a shame we can’t have the brutal annihilation of both Hearts and Rangers, but the fixture list can be cruel. It’s a bit like trying to split Fred and Rose West.

HoboHarry
19-04-2018, 12:51 AM
Does a special mitten work better than a sock then? Mind wash them once in a while.......

jgl07
19-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Hibs have clearly outgrown Hearts and they are no longer our rivals.

That is adapted straight out of the Kickback songbook.

JimBHibees
19-04-2018, 05:51 AM
It does. Really.

I know I was trying to be sarcastic. :greengrin

heretoday
19-04-2018, 06:01 AM
Mon the Heaaaaaaaaaaarts.......!

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 09:24 AM
I actually think the big Huns will win on Sunday. Sevco's home form is poor but Hearts away form is even worse and i'd expect a mini reaction from the Glasgow derby pumping. Sure both sets of fans will have a great time though waving Union Jacks and wearing their half and half scarves. They can maybe even compare creditors lists at half time.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2018, 09:47 AM
I actually think the big Huns will win on Sunday. Sevco's home form is poor but Hearts away form is even worse and i'd expect a mini reaction from the Glasgow derby pumping. Sure both sets of fans will have a great time though waving Union Jacks and wearing their half and half scarves. [/B]They can maybe even compare creditors lists at half time.[/B]

I think that might take a bit longer than 15 minutes!

jacomo
19-04-2018, 10:05 AM
It’s a shame we can’t have the brutal annihilation of both Hearts and Rangers, but the fixture list can be cruel. It’s a bit like trying to split Fred and Rose West.

A winning scenario would be ugly, eye-bleeding scrappy wins for Hearts in 4 of their games, and a 8-0 skelping from us.

erskine-hibby
19-04-2018, 10:11 AM
Have to say I wouldn't mind the yams winning on Sunday, but, first things first, a win for us on saturday would be much more satisfying.

Keith_M
19-04-2018, 10:17 AM
I know I was trying to be sarcastic. :greengrin

I consider myself a bit dim, but even I got that.

:greengrin

I still want DerHun to win, though, and then lose their remaining four games. Although I would accept a draw.

poolman
19-04-2018, 11:24 AM

Don't you care where we finish in the league then :confused:

JeMeSouviens
19-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Apart from the obvious benefit to us of the New Huns getting 0 points, if they get beat on Sunday there could be a major toys out the pram reaction from the Hun support. Protests, hun on hun fighting, etc. Could be a special day. :wink:

Having said that, 0-0 and half a dozen red cards spread around would do fine.

Captain Trips
19-04-2018, 02:15 PM

They are not my rivals as it stands now, they are team making up the numbers and if them winning v Sevco ,Killie and Aberdeen helps us out then I care not a jot. Rangers Aberdeen and Killie are at this juncture our rivals for success.

worcesterhibby
19-04-2018, 02:24 PM
terrible 0-0 draw. 4 reds, 5 yellows. Morelos to miss three open goals and Kenny Miller's Missus to run on the pitch and flick him the v's when he misses a penalty!!

SRHibs
19-04-2018, 02:54 PM
I want Rangers to lose.

Ich liebe Deek
19-04-2018, 03:19 PM
No problem with hearts winning on Sunday.I actually prefer seeing Sevco lose irrespective of the impact it has on us.Hate them more than Hearts but prefer beating hearts to beating Sevco.

Sir David Gray
19-04-2018, 06:02 PM
No problem with hearts winning on Sunday.I actually prefer seeing Sevco lose irrespective of the impact it has on us.Hate them more than Hearts but prefer beating hearts to beating Sevco.

Exactly how I feel.

green day
19-04-2018, 06:05 PM
I prefer the usual "nuclear bomb at half time, games called a nil nil draw" thoughts when these two horrible clubs play each other :wink:

BegbieHSC
19-04-2018, 06:45 PM
Exactly how I feel.

Yep! There is no club as an institution and a fan base more despicable than both Rangers 1872, and The Rangers 2012.

rcarter1
19-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Hearts to be leading 4-0 at half time, Celtic to relax, and Hibs to take advantage.

danhibees1875
19-04-2018, 07:04 PM
Hearts to be leading 4-0 at half time, Celtic to relax, and Hibs to take advantage.

:confused:

hibbyfraelibby
19-04-2018, 07:16 PM

Dats ma boy!

iwasthere1972
19-04-2018, 07:16 PM

The games are kicking off at the same time but different days. :greengrin

Mrs Hibees
19-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Themselves?

Final League Table
1) Celtc
2) Hibs
3) Aberdeen
4) Killie
5) DerHun
6) Hearts

Plus Motherwell to win the Cup.That sounds good to me.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
19-04-2018, 07:43 PM
This week coming I want both the Thes and the Sheep to get horsed as we beat Celtic. That way its all back in our hands as their superior goal difference is worth a point each to them at this stage. The fact that its Hearts who need to do this is neither here nor there as they wont win any more games after next Friday.

Dream finish to league would be
1 Celtic
2 Hibernian
3.Kilmarnock
4 Aberdeen
5.Thes
6.Hurtz

With Motherwell winning the cup.

danhibees1875
19-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Themselves?

Final League Table
1) Celtc
2) Hibs
3) Aberdeen
4) Killie
5) DerHun
6) Hearts

That would be very good. I'd also be happy with rangers coming 4th, having to come to terms with the fact that they need to support Celtic in their quest to win the treble and then having Motherwell win the cup anyway.

SON OF PADDY
19-04-2018, 08:14 PM
I've no shame !
Got Hibs / heart's double £5 @39/1 😉

Eyrie
19-04-2018, 09:54 PM
This week coming I want both the Thes and the Sheep to get horsed as we beat Celtic. That way its all back in our hands as their superior goal difference is worth a point each to them at this stage. The fact that its Hearts who need to do this is neither here nor there as they wont win any more games after next Friday.

1 Celtic
2 Hibernian
3.Kilmarnock
4 Aberdeen
5.Thes
6.Hurtz

With Motherwell winning the cup.
Sevco's goal difference of +29 is worth an extra point to them, but both Aberdeen and ourselves are +14 so there's nothing in it and beating them at Pittodrie would give us a real advantage.

The Leith Dutch
19-04-2018, 10:16 PM

Except it won't be if we finish a point behind Sevco or even probably if we finish level given their goal difference.

People need to get their head around the fact that this is about wanting Rangers to lose (good for Hibs) rather than wanting Hearts to win (who cares they're nearly mathematically guaranteed to finish behind us).

I support Hibs and the only thing I give a **** about with other results is the one that benefits Hibs the most.
In this case anyone wanting the best for Hibs wants Rangers to lose.

Austinho
20-04-2018, 01:05 AM

1 Celtic
2 Hibernian
3.Kilmarnock
4 Aberdeen
5.Thes
6.Hurtz

With Motherwell winning the cup.Overtaking Aberdeen is in our hands as we are 3 points behind, but level on goals. If we win against Celtic and Aberdeen lose to Kilmarnock, we’ll be above them.

Dream scenario would be us winning, Hearts winning, and Killie/Aberdeen drawing. That would leave Killie out of the race entirely, with us 1 point behind Aberdeen and behind Rangers on goal difference.

Being realistic, I’d be happy if all 3 games this weekend ended in a draw.

Nutmegged
20-04-2018, 01:18 AM
The huns are in such a bad place that I'd be confident of them losing on Sunday against any other club in the top 6 other than the yams, the yams away form is beyond dreadful.

Austinho
20-04-2018, 02:42 AM
The huns are in such a bad place that I'd be confident of them losing on Sunday against any other club in the top 6 other than the yams, the yams away form is beyond dreadful.Worst Home form vs worst away form. It’s bound to be a cracker.

Canon Hannan
20-04-2018, 06:17 AM

I want s Hibs and Hearts victories. Keeps us in the race for 2nd.

calumhibee1
20-04-2018, 06:21 AM
Hope Hearts win every game between now and the end of the season. Other than Celtic cause that will have no impact on us.

iwasthere1972
20-04-2018, 06:41 AM
Hope Hearts win every game between now and the end of the season. Other than Celtic cause that will have no impact on us.

Against us too?

Jack Hackett
20-04-2018, 08:51 AM
Except it won't be if we finish a point behind Sevco or even probably if we finish level given their goal difference.

People need to get their head around the fact that this is about wanting Rangers to lose (good for Hibs) rather than wanting Hearts to win (who cares they're nearly mathematically guaranteed to finish behind us).

I support Hibs and the only thing I give a **** about with other results is the one that benefits Hibs the most.
In this case anyone wanting the best for Hibs wants Rangers to lose.

:agree:

What it boils down to is, do you want what's best for Hibs, or what's best for your personal agenda?

calumhibee1
20-04-2018, 08:54 AM
Against us too?

****, and that one! :greengrin

leithsansiro
20-04-2018, 11:42 AM
Makes me feel dirty, but I’d happily hope any team gets a result if it helps Hibs. For me, its a case of loving Hibs more than a hatred for Hearts, but i get where people are coming from

Canon Hannan
20-04-2018, 12:36 PM

Exactly how I feel. Think the vast majority of Hibernians have a dislike to Sevco more than Hearts now. Which is healthy as our Edinburgh neighbours are needing a wee bit of support and help 😁

Geo_1875
20-04-2018, 12:56 PM
Exactly how I feel. Think the vast majority of Hibernians have a dislike to Sevco more than Hearts now. Which is healthy as our Edinburgh neighbours are needing a wee bit of support and help 😁

**** them. they can give each other help and supoort.

Deansy
21-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Of course I want the Yams to beat the Hun on Sunday - why not ?. We get to gain ground on 'Satan's 11' and the Yams (for the umpteenth time) have wet-dreams about being 'serious title-contenders' for next season - everyone's a winner ........................ well, apart from the Yams because reality will boot them right in the plums in every game after !

IDHibs
21-04-2018, 12:31 AM
I want hibs to win and rangers to drop points , because at this stage of the season they are our direct rivals for positions in the league. What if we don’t win on Saturday? Why would anyone want rangers to win to go 6 clear of us , just for sake of “atleast hearts got beat” when they are no threat and their season is now meaningless

We should be wanting Aberdeen rangers and Kilmarnock to drop points at every opportunity for rest of season as we are in a fight with these teams. Personally hope hearts take points off them all.

agreed...it's all about us

IDHibs
21-04-2018, 12:42 AM

you'll be a ****bo then ??...hoping they win EVERY game, derby at saville dome dont'
cha know ?

InchHibby
21-04-2018, 03:55 AM
I would never wish this ever, but on this occasion and this occasion only and only because it won’t enhance their chances of getting above us, I hope they take points from the Huns, sheep and Killie.
There I’ve said it. GGTTH

heretoday
21-04-2018, 04:16 AM
C'mon the draw!

Colr
21-04-2018, 07:40 AM

Heering would be going to far. Hearts are our rivals but they are an Edinburgh side. Rangers are a shower of bigotted morons who are an embarrassment to Scotland, the UK and the 21st Century who don’t deserve to co-exist with civilised people.

I’d prefer Hearts to beat Rangers any day of the week.

Mind you, I’d prefer Beelzebub’s Soul Devouring XI to Rangers.

cocteautwin
21-04-2018, 08:05 AM
0-7 pumping from us, 0-0 draws in their 3 games against Gers, Killie and Dons and a lucky 1-0 win against Celtc to draw them into a false sense of well being ahead of the new season.

Captain Trips
22-04-2018, 07:34 AM
I hope Hearts beat Sevco 15-0.

CapitalGreen
22-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 07:43 AM
Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

😷

RoYO!
22-04-2018, 07:46 AM
H.E.A!.... nut can't do it! :D

Joe6-2
22-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

🤮

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 07:54 AM
C'mon the draw!

Nope. Despite yesterday's result this is going to be very, very close.

Aberdeen away will be harder for us than Sevco based on the evidence so far this season.

I'd much prefer being level with points on Sevco going in to next week.
Gives us options. The yams having 2 extra points is meaningless.
Sevco having one less could be all the difference.

danhibees1875
22-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻

This. Unfortunately.

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 08:04 AM
C'mon the draw!

Why would any Hibs fan want Rangers to pick up any points whilst we are in competition with them for 2nd and 3rd?

The only point I want Rangers to pick up in the remaining games is a draw v Aberdeen.

Hearts are irrelevant, so what if they win today? They can't catch us anyway. I hope they beat Rangers and Aberdeen and in the unlikely event that Kilmarnock could still catch us, I hope they beat them too.

My_Wife_Camille
22-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Mon the Jambos 🇱🇻
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Hermit Crab has given me a loan of his ST in the Wheatfield for this one! Looking forward to it!!

HibbyAndy
22-04-2018, 08:11 AM
🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻 Hermit Crab has given me a loan of his ST in the Wheatfield for this one! Looking forward to it!!

Enjoy as there will be naeyin there ;-)

My_Wife_Camille
22-04-2018, 08:13 AM
Enjoy as there will be naeyin there ;-)
🤣 dafty

hibbysam
22-04-2018, 08:19 AM
****, and that one! :greengrin

Hope they get pumped by Killie as that ain’t having any bearing on us either.

WillowbraeHibby
22-04-2018, 09:29 AM
I wouldn't cheer for that mob at anything they do.

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't cheer for that mob at anything they do.

This is where it's important how things are phrased - I completely agree and won't be "cheering Hearts on".

I don't "Want Hearts to win".....I want Sevco to lose.
There's a big difference that isn't semantics and folk on here trying to present people wanting the latter as yam sympathisers are wide of the mark.

Ironically, those claiming to hate Hearts the most are doing the thing Hearts fans love to think Hibs fans do: Obsessing over them.
The ultimate contempt and the thing they really can't stomach is when we don't care whether they get points or not because, like right now, they're so far in our rear view mirror.

They're an irrelevancy - I genuinely will not pay the slightest bit of attention to the Hearts/Celtic and, if we beat Killie next week, same for the Hearts/Killie game.

neil7908
22-04-2018, 09:44 AM
My two least favourite teams in Scottish football playing each other would normally mean I struggle to pick a winner.

However, 2moro is a no brainier for me. Whilst I won't be cheering on Hearts I hope they take the 3 points.

WillowbraeHibby
22-04-2018, 10:31 AM
This is where it's important how things are phrased - I completely agree and won't be "cheering Hearts on".

I don't "Want Hearts to win".....I want Sevco to lose.
There's a big difference that isn't semantics and folk on here trying to present people wanting the latter as yam sympathisers are wide of the mark.

Ironically, those claiming to hate Hearts the most are doing the thing Hearts fans love to think Hibs fans do: Obsessing over them.
The ultimate contempt and the thing they really can't stomach is when we don't care whether they get points or not because, like right now, they're so far in our rear view mirror.

They're an irrelevancy - I genuinely will not pay the slightest bit of attention to the Hearts/Celtic and, if we beat Killie next week, same for the Hearts/Killie game.

:aok:

kdhibees1
22-04-2018, 10:53 AM
A win win situation. Let it roll

danhibees1875
22-04-2018, 10:57 AM
A win win situation. Let it roll

I don't know if it is a win/win situation. I just want Hearts to win. A draw gives a bit of a comfort. A rangers win is just bad news.

makaveli1875
22-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Wont be cheering for hertz but i hope they win and their hatchet men leave the huns players battered and bruised

emerald green
22-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Even if the Yams win at Mordor later (unlikely IMO), the new club would still sit ahead of Hibs on goal difference.

Final league placings could potentially come down to GD.

BegbieHSC
22-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Cummings starting against Hearts is always gonna make them sweat.

Regardless, mon the ****bos 🤢🤢

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2018, 11:18 AM
well unlike yesterday i hope the team in pink wins this time around...mon the pink tinks

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 11:20 AM
Even if the Yams win at Mordor later (unlikely IMO), the new club would still sit ahead of Hibs on goal difference.

Yep.

I think if we're going to make 2nd it's going to require 4 more wins.
Certainly not impossible but they're all going to be tough matches in different ways.

The one silver lining about GD and how far behind Sevco we are is that it makes it less likely that a draw would see us over the line in the last match against them. I'd worry we'd go out with the draw in mind which I don't think suits this team or Lennon's management approach.

Souter96Mac
22-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Ideal scenario is a fierce contest with several players being sent off and injured, having spats with each respective manager and fans, with both teams entering administration during the match with immediate point deductions for both.
But can't see it.

Craig_HFC
22-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Pleasing, as they say.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180422/e26f5de23264dbb3570d4d4637d0a023.jpg

emerald green
22-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Yep.

I think if we're going to make 2nd it's going to require 4 more wins.
Certainly not impossible but they're all going to be tough matches in different ways.

The one silver lining about GD and how far behind Sevco we are is that it makes it less likely that a draw would see us over the line in the last match against them. I'd worry we'd go out with the draw in mind which I don't think suits this team or Lennon's management approach.

4 wins in our next 4 games is a huge ask. Even 3 wins and a draw. But there's going to be a few twists and turns before it's all decided. Whatever the outcome Hibs have done extremely well this season.

cabbageandribs1875
22-04-2018, 11:33 AM
oh wow...looks like the govan loyal have not just walked away they've stayed away

danhibees1875
22-04-2018, 12:04 PM

Which would mean us matching them and then beating them on the final day would be enough.

If rangers win today, then even if we beat them they could still finish ahead of us just by matching our results in the 3 games in the middle.

CMurdoch
22-04-2018, 12:55 PM
2-0 game over.
Our city neighbours let us down

jacomo
22-04-2018, 12:58 PM
Hearts are *****

Eyrie
2-0 game over.
Our city neighbours let us down

Maybe we should be paranoid enough to claim that they're deliberately lying down to Sevco and Aberdeen as a conspiracy against us?

However we won't claim that because we know the truth is that Hearts are not deliberately lying down, they're just not good enough to even be competitive.

Killiehibbie
Which would mean us matching them and then beating them on the final day would be enough.

If rangers win today, then even if we beat them they could still finish ahead of us just by matching our results in the 3 games in the middle.The huns are effectively 4 points ahead when goal difference is taken into account.

danhibees1875
22-04-2018, 01:00 PM
The huns are effectively 4 points ahead when goal difference is taken into account.

Which is why we want them to drop points and can't just rely on beating them at the end.

2-1 now though. :aok:

jacomo
22-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Which is why we want them to drop points and can't just rely on beating them at the end.

2-1 now though. :aok:

If Der Hun don’t get 3 points today they will lose the plot.

Mon the manky maroons.

JeMeSouviens
22-04-2018, 01:35 PM
New Huns there for the taking ... so Mr 4-6-0 sits in for draw. :rolleyes:

ancient hibee
22-04-2018, 01:41 PM

If rangers win today, then even if we beat them they could still finish ahead of us just by matching our results in the 3 games in the middle.
No it wouldn’t be enough.Someone else has to take points off them as their goal difference is far better than ours.

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 02:03 PM
4 wins in our next 4 games is a huge ask. Even 3 wins and a draw. But there's going to be a few twists and turns before it's all decided. Whatever the outcome Hibs have done extremely well this season.

Team has done superbly this season.

I can think of very few occasions that have genuinely been "Oh FFS Hibs".

Only 6 defeats and only conceded a handful more than a Potter team who's entire gameplan is not conceding by packing the defence and kicking seven bells out of the opposition.

You have to give huge credit to Lennon for a very ballsy January Window.

For League games I make it 8 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss since then.
(W9 D8 L5 before that)

Sir David Gray
22-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Team has done superbly this season.

I can think of very few occasions that have genuinely been "Oh FFS Hibs".

Only 6 defeats and only conceded a handful more than a Potter team who's entire gameplan is not conceding by packing the defence and kicking seven bells out of the opposition.

You have to give huge credit to Lennon for a very ballsy January Window.

For League games I make it 8 wins, 3 draws and only 1 loss since then.
(W9 D8 L5 before that)

We've won 6, drawn 3 and lost none since the window shut.

Bostonhibby
22-04-2018, 02:13 PM
oh wow...looks like the govan loyal have not just walked away they've stayed awayIf you're not there in the first place you can never be accused of walking away. Looks like the someone's organised them not to show up today[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
22-04-2018, 02:14 PM
No it wouldn’t be enough.Someone else has to take points off them as their goal difference is far better than ours.I reckon celtc might take points of them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

danhibees1875
22-04-2018, 02:22 PM
No it wouldn’t be enough.Someone else has to take points off them as their goal difference is far better than ours.

I know, my post was about why we'd want Hearts to win. Now it's not enough.

Next weekend could be very exciting. We just need to focus on winning our game and then hope for Hearts (unlikely) and Celtic (likely) wins.

The Leith Dutch
22-04-2018, 02:29 PM
I know, my post was about why we'd want Hearts to win. Now it's not enough.

Next weekend could be very exciting. We just need to focus on winning our game and then hope for Hearts (unlikely) and Celtic (likely) wins.

Gives you an idea of how tough it's going to be - we could wind up beating Celtic and Killie first two games after the split and still be in 4th place with only 3 to play. Bizarrely starting to think we're more likely to get past Sevco than Aberdeen despite it being on paper less likely.

Deansy
22-04-2018, 02:29 PM
Damn - looks like the Muppets are actually starting to catch-on about Levein -

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/176473-levein/

'Piss poor again and a total ***** bag of a manager. I’m out until he’s away'
''Simply not good enough. Unfortunately he's already shaping next seasons squad so will be going nowhere. Can only hope he finds some balls next season'
'It’s the Craig Levein vanity project and its failed big time. 5 season tickets not being renewed. I’ll be back when he goes but I won’t waste a further 90 mins of my life and hard earned cash for this *****'
'I'm no even angry anymore am just no going back till the ***** away'

But for me, the best one (so far) is -

'Maybe Gary MacKay was right about Dens Park'

Hopefully the 'special'(:wink:) relationship that exists between Budge and Levein is enough to ensure that Levein gets at least one more season - no team deserves him more !