PDA

View Full Version : Sol Bamba in PFA Championship team of the season

jacomo
18-04-2018, 11:49 AM
Congrats big man!

Not been following his progress at Cardiff too closely, but he’s clearly done well in a team not short of money.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43808543

blackpoolhibs
18-04-2018, 02:03 PM
A terrific player. :top marks

SirDavidsNapper
18-04-2018, 02:04 PM
Big Sol would have excelled in this Hibs team

brianmc
18-04-2018, 04:41 PM
A very good defender on his day when his head was right.

But far too often a bombscare when he just couldn't be arsed. I always got the feeling he thought he was too good for some of our opponents and failed to apply himself accordingly.

He's done very well for himself in recent years though, perhaps because he's had to up his game to it's full potential against a better quality of opposition.

SlickShoes
18-04-2018, 05:33 PM
A very good defender on his day when his head was right.

But far too often a bombscare when he just couldn't be arsed. I always got the feeling he thought he was too good for some of our opponents and failed to apply himself accordingly.

He's done very well for himself in recent years though, perhaps because he's had to up his game to it's full potential against a better quality of opposition.

Always thought this was a load of nonsense, he was a good player and has proved that by having a fairly decent career at a good level of football.

brianmc
18-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Always thought this was a load of nonsense, he was a good player and has proved that by having a fairly decent career at a good level of football.

And you're entirely entitled to have that opinion.
As am I with mine. Based completely on what I saw of him in a Hibs shirt (not on what he achieved after he left us).

Bishop Hibee
18-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Fair play to him but I don’t think he’s as good as Hanlon, McGregor or Ambrose. Championship is hugely overrated.

bigwheel
18-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Fair play to him but I don’t think he’s as good as Hanlon, McGregor or Ambrose. Championship is hugely overrated.

That's quite a call...,I don't see Hanlon or McGregor cutting it in the championship..Bamba is a seasoned international player with more pace and strength...better overall than those two. Ambrose is up there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Auckland Hibs
18-04-2018, 09:04 PM
I though he was a class act, prone to the odd moment of madness but a very decent player who we were lucky to have at ER.

Trying to recall where we went after us and for how much? We must have received a decent fee?

Edit: Went to Leicester City for an undisclosed fee.

Also, didn't realize he was sent off on his debut for us against Dundee Utd??

hibbysam
19-04-2018, 01:06 AM
I though he was a class act, prone to the odd moment of madness but a very decent player who we were lucky to have at ER.

Trying to recall where we went after us and for how much? We must have received a decent fee?

Edit: Went to Leicester City for an undisclosed fee.

Also, didn't realize he was sent off on his debut for us against Dundee Utd??

Two bookings while having a great game IIRC.

Hermit Crab
19-04-2018, 01:35 AM
Poor mans Efe?? :dunno:

I'm_cabbaged
19-04-2018, 04:38 AM
I loved the big man, very similar to Effe although I preferred him as a DM.

Wembley67
19-04-2018, 06:31 AM
That's quite a call...,I don't see Hanlon or McGregor cutting it in the championship..Bamba is a seasoned international player with more pace and strength...better overall than those two. Ambrose is up there...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could see Hanlon easily slotting into a championship team, there were a couple of top half championship teams interested in him as his contract was winding down but he chose to stay with us.

bigwheel
19-04-2018, 06:35 AM
I could see Hanlon easily slotting into a championship team, there were a couple of top half championship teams interested in him as his contract was winding down but he chose to stay with us.

It’s all about opinions ...I like him - just think his lack of physicality would make it hard for him down there ..players are bigger and quicker. - more physical league. Would be a real test for him ...not saying he couldn’t rise to it , but feel Bamba is better equipped for that league than Hanlon is

supermcginn
19-04-2018, 06:44 AM
Brilliant player for us and has got better and better, watched him a couple of weeks ago and he was the best player on the park.

heretoday
19-04-2018, 06:50 AM
Hurrah! He must have improved a lot!

jacomo
19-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Hurrah! He must have improved a lot!

Remember that Sol Bamba was quite young when he was with us. At the same age Paul Hanlon was taking regular pelters for ‘never being good enough’.

I loved Bamba at Hibs and he’s had a good career.