PDA

View Full Version : NHC Miller sacked; Wallace suspended.

hibby6270
16-04-2018, 11:42 PM
According to the Currant Bun, Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace had a bust up with Murty after the semi on Sunday. Miller to have his deal paid up to end of season when contract runs out and shown the door from Ipox immediately. Wallace being recommended for suspension.

Full story here - should you wish to click through.....

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2514272/rangers-hampden-bust-up-graeme-murty-kenny-miller-lee-wallace-sack-suspend/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

snooky
16-04-2018, 11:48 PM
According to the Currant Bun, Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace had a bust up with Murty after the semi on Sunday. Miller to have his deal paid up to end of season when contract runs out and shown the door from Ipox immediately. Wallace being recommended for suspension.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2514272/rangers-hampden-bust-up-graeme-murty-kenny-miller-lee-wallace-sack-suspend/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

"Le Guen v Ferguson" rides again? :hmmm:

Ozyhibby
17-04-2018, 12:03 AM
How many managers is it now that Kenny Miller has undermined?
No way do we want him back at Easter road. Worse than Kevin Thomson when it come to dressing room harmony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jamesie
17-04-2018, 12:14 AM
"Le Guen v Ferguson" rides again? :hmmm:

Did find myself wondering yesterday whether Murtry would still be in charge by the time they come visiting on the last day of the season...

iwasthere1972
17-04-2018, 04:58 AM
What happened to the Loyal nonsense? Get Coisty in.

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 05:37 AM
Lee Wallace grassing again?

jacomo
17-04-2018, 06:09 AM
No way do we want him back at Easter road. Worse than Kevin Thomson when it come to dressing room harmony.

Come on now. Even The Sun hints that this is a smokescreen in their story. The Rangers are doing what they do, trying to deflect anger away from the boardroom.

I don’t want KM back at ER, I think he’s left it too late. But I’m not going to believe this nonsense.

One Day
17-04-2018, 06:18 AM
All is not well at castle greyskull. Long may it continue

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2018, 06:24 AM
This is not good news in my opinion, it can only be a matter of hours before Murty is emptied and someone else comes in.

Even if its someone like Bomber Brown, its will be someone who will have more idea how to galvanise the team and send them out better prepared and organised.

They are still no great shakes, but i'd rather they were not improved even the slightest for the run in.

Viva_Palmeiras
17-04-2018, 06:36 AM
All is not well at castle greyskull. Long may it continue

Always scratched my head at that one - Castle Greyskull was He-Man’s - a good place...

we are hibs
17-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Can only be good for us. Rangers in turmoil and Aberdeen players messaging their own fans on twitter saying they are ***** at backing the club. Aberdeen Bottle big games and the Huns are collapsing again while we are on a run with a settled team and support. We will never have a better chance to finish second IMO

bingo70
17-04-2018, 06:40 AM
This is not good news in my opinion, it can only be a matter of hours before Murty is emptied and someone else comes in.

Even if its someone like Bomber Brown, its will be someone who will have more idea how to galvanise the team and send them out better prepared and organised.

They are still no great shakes, but i'd rather they were not improved even the slightest for the run in.

More likely they’ll announce he is stepping down at the end of the season in an attempt to draw a line under it and move on for the last few games.

If they were to get rid of him they’d have probably been best to put someone like Kenny Miller in charge for last few games, that won’t be happening now though by the sounds of it.

Heisenberg
17-04-2018, 06:43 AM
Lee Wallace has made an absolute disaster out of his own career. His bank balance will be healthy but he’s got **** all to show for it. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back at Hearts.

spike220
17-04-2018, 06:45 AM
There is rumour flying about that he will be sacked. Could he do a job for us?

Captain Trips
17-04-2018, 06:49 AM
Pass the popcorn please

Onion
17-04-2018, 06:51 AM
Sevco eating their own, what a surprise.

THE most despicable club having a hissy fit following another Hampden collapse, but unable to deflect their shortcomings on goading, opposition fans, a few folk enjoying themselves, Petrie, the police. :aok:

SChibs
17-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Lee Wallace has made an absolute disaster out of his own career. His bank balance will be healthy but he’s got **** all to show for it. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him back at Hearts.

Petrofac cup mate.

Onion
17-04-2018, 06:56 AM

Has this chump won anything of any significance in the game ? Or does he have as many proper medals as Levein ?

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 06:59 AM
When did the Huns last beat Celtic in regulation time? Their record must be about as bad as Hearts against us in recent years

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 07:02 AM

Undermined? Can you explain more?

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 07:03 AM

Both could be at Hearts. Levein is interested in both.

Tinribs
17-04-2018, 07:05 AM
Wasn't Kenny's missus stirring it up on Twitter as well?

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 07:07 AM

She posted he should have got on. Personally I think she should have kept out it.

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 07:08 AM
Both could be at Hearts. Levein is interested in both.

Wallace a cert to end up back there. Miller would do a job too tbf even at 38

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 07:08 AM

She seems to get involved in a lot

we are hibs
17-04-2018, 07:22 AM
I hope we don't go for either, not because who they played for but because I don't think they'd improve us short or long term. It also appears one or both were the ones leaking information to the media under pedro

ToffeeCabbage
17-04-2018, 07:26 AM
I'm really not a morning person but waking up to the news that The Rangers are devouring themselves and Hearts have signed Cole Stockton 2.0 has certainly brightened my mood :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

neil7908
17-04-2018, 07:32 AM
I'm really not a morning person but waking up to the news that The Rangers are devouring themselves and Hearts have signed Cole Stockton 2.0 has certainly brightened my mood :D

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

My feelings exactly!

jonty
17-04-2018, 07:41 AM

next rangers manager? :greengrin

flash
17-04-2018, 07:52 AM

To be fair to her she also used Twitter to tell the world that Kenny Miller wasn't assaulted on the pitch after the Cup Final.

Wilson
17-04-2018, 08:00 AM
To be fair to her she also used Twitter to tell the world that Kenny Miller wasn't assaulted on the pitch after the Cup Final.

She should have kept out of it there too. The truth had no place in the aftermath from a the rangers point of view.

Bostonhibby
17-04-2018, 08:08 AM
Both could be at Hearts. Levein is interested in both.Free, ex huns and near the end of their careers. Perfect fit for the rustingarena rest home.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Speedy
17-04-2018, 08:10 AM

Wallace given a reduced sentence for "co-operating with investigations"?

Brunswickbill
17-04-2018, 08:15 AM
From what I hear Miller and Wallace have been agitating for some time and it was only a matter of time until if all blew up.

Billy Whizz
17-04-2018, 08:32 AM
From what I hear Miller and Wallace have been agitating for some time and it was only a matter of time until if all blew up.

Well maybe not happy with the standards being shown at their club.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Wallace given a reduced sentence for "co-operating with investigations"?

[emoji23]

JDHibs
17-04-2018, 09:03 AM
This is what ive been told from a Sevco fan with mates within the club -

- Morelos & Docherty had to be separated in the tunnel, common knowledge.
- Morelos had a fight with Halliday where Morelos had to be restrained, Halliday got battered. Halliday is finished at Rangers.
- Miller called out Murty infront of everyone with Wallace backing him up. Things got heated. Murty and his assistant had to be pulled apart.
- Murty may not last the season. Miller to be pumped. Wallace suspended as they cant afford to sack him.
- Union Bears chained and padlocked the gates to Murray Park shut and put a banner up saying "we deserve better"

Most of that could be chinese whispers mind you but pleasing none the less that they in are turmoil.

Onceinawhile
17-04-2018, 09:04 AM
Wallace could do a job as back up for Lewis?

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Rangers Media is a hoot this morning

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Maybe we should make a move for Wallace...you know the old saying about The Grass being greener for the other side or something like that😉

WeeRussell
17-04-2018, 09:15 AM

- Morelos had a fight with Halliday where Morelos had to be restrained, Halliday got battered. Halliday is finished at Rangers.
- Miller called out Murty infront of everyone with Wallace backing him up. Things got heated. Murty and his assistant had to be pulled apart.
- Murty may not last the season. Miller to be pumped. Wallace suspended as they cant afford to sack him.
- Union Bears chained and padlocked the gates to Murray Park shut and put a banner up saying "we deserve better"

Most of that could be chinese whispers mind you but pleasing none the less that they in are turmoil.

Sounds like Morelos has been heavily involved and perhaps not publicly reprimanded the same as others?

Maybe cos he’s worth 25 million Chinese pounds?

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 09:16 AM
Rangers MK2 imploding and Hearts releasing fake lego busses. What wonderful week or so it's been. Couldn't make those two up.

Coco Bryce
17-04-2018, 09:21 AM

:greengrin

McSwanky
17-04-2018, 09:23 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

They deserve all they get. Except better signs. They deserve better signs.

we are hibs
17-04-2018, 09:30 AM

On the second one. I'd heard yesterday morning Morelos had stuck the head on Halliday in the changing rooms after the game and I assumed he had his wires crossed when it came out Morelos went for Docherty so maybe some truth in it after all?

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 09:30 AM

Why do they deserve better? Maybe HMRC and all the other companies etc they robbed deserve their money. The Govan spoon burners deserve everything they get.

Peevemor
17-04-2018, 09:32 AM
It was him! (pinched from Facebook) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180417/e25b8891f0a9ec504bb0f1515cfcdbd6.jpg

JDHibs
17-04-2018, 09:42 AM
On the second one. I'd heard yesterday morning Morelos had stuck the head on Halliday in the changing rooms after the game and I assumed he had his wires crossed when it came out Morelos went for Docherty so maybe some truth in it after all?

Possibly mate. Halliday took a beating. Dont know anymore than that.

therealgavmac
17-04-2018, 09:43 AM
Why do they deserve better? Maybe HMRC and all the other companies etc they robbed deserve their money. The Govan spoon burners deserve everything they get.

Genuine question here....... (and yes I’m 57 and don’t know).....

The Rangers call Celtc spoon burners
The Rangers call us spoon burners
Now we’re calling The Rangers spoon burners......

What’s the origin and meaning of spoon burners??

bingo70
17-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Heroin addicts.

Daft insult but can’t say it’s one that really offends me.

huggie1875
17-04-2018, 09:49 AM
burning heroin on a spoon

seanshow
17-04-2018, 09:56 AM
VivaPalmeiras - Always scratched my head at that one - Castle Greyskull was He-Man’s - a good place...

Back in ye old 1980's the orcs stormed the castle it was quickly over run, He was bludgeoned to death with an orange walk mace, the union flag was flown and the grey skulls raised goblets brimming with buckfast in celebration. :)

ie.....like the cartoon it is a generic scifi fantasy and the term is not to be taken literally.

GreenCastle
17-04-2018, 10:08 AM

The teams rubbish so lock them out so they can’t get any better..

therealgavmac
17-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Heroin addicts.

Daft insult but can’t say it’s one that really offends me.

burning heroin on a spoon

Thank you both........ every day is a school day!

Hermit Crab
17-04-2018, 10:29 AM
There is rumour flying about that he will be sacked. Could he do a job for us?

No.

Aim Here
17-04-2018, 10:30 AM

Given it's Morelos, my guess is he was aiming for one of them and hit the other.

adhibs
17-04-2018, 10:32 AM

If even half thats true its briiant. A bit sevco turmoil just when the seasons getting serious. With all the fall out, they mustve geniunly thought they couldve got a result last Sunday.

surreyhibbie
17-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Rangers Media is a hoot this morning

:agree:

hilarious read.

Murty should be sacked as "his Da was a Taig" apparently!

some very strange people on that site, but we already knew that.

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 10:39 AM
:agree:

hilarious read.

Murty should be sacked as "his Da was a Taig" apparently!

some very strange people on that site, but we already knew that.

And they all call each other Bears which is a bit weird

KWJ
17-04-2018, 10:46 AM

James timing the release of their new song well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWji1uB-dcc

17-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Good stuff, always nice to hear theres turmoil over there. In fighting and disruption is always good news when it's them.

Kenny Miller to us? No thank you. Good player in his time but if he's got an attitude problem then thats something we absolutely don't need. We;ve just got rid of Stokes for the same problem.

bingo70
17-04-2018, 10:57 AM
Good stuff, always nice to hear theres turmoil over there. In fighting and disruption is always good news when it's them.

Kenny Miller to us? No thank you. Good player in his time but if he's got an attitude problem then thats something we absolutely don't need. We;ve just got rid of Stokes for the same problem.

Don’t understand why there’s now a theory he has an attitude problem?

He’s fallen out with two of the worst managers in rangers history, neither of them had a clue, it’s been brilliant.

Kenny Miller has built a career based on him having an excellent attitude.

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 10:59 AM

How can you compare Kenny to Stokes? One has been professional throughout his career, the other is currently awol. Trust me Kenny hasn’t got an attitude problem that’s the last thing you could say about him.

17-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Don’t understand why there’s now a theory he has an attitude problem?

He’s fallen out with two of the worst managers in rangers history, neither of them had a clue, it’s been brilliant.

Kenny Miller has built a career based on him having an excellent attitude.

Whether the manager is **** or not and regardless of whether you disagree with him you can't undermine him in the dressing room.

AgentDaleCooper
17-04-2018, 11:27 AM
kenny miller would be a cracking signing IMO. would do a job on the park, and would be great for Shaw and MacLaren's development (if the latter is still here)

bingo70
17-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Whether the manager is **** or not and regardless of whether you disagree with him you can't undermine him in the dressing room.

You don’t know if that’s what happened though?

The fact Miller and Wallace both got involved says to me it’s not quite as black and white as people are portraying.

Diclonius
17-04-2018, 11:32 AM
I'd take Miller.

erin go bragh
17-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Always scratched my head at that one - Castle Greyskull was He-Man’s - a good place...
The evil skelotors gaff ( Think :)

spike220
17-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Come in agent Miller your mission is complete.

Wilson
17-04-2018, 11:36 AM
The evil skelotors gaff ( Think :)

Snake Mountain.

Castle Greyskull is the ancestoral home of He-Man. Although, and I had to look this up, Skeletor was always trying to take it over and supposedly did for a time.

I guess that is where the confusion stems from.

Lets be honest, Castle Greyskull is a crap name for a good guy's gaff so it works in any case.

Bad Martini
17-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Three things to say on the matter.

HA. HA. HA.

Post note: why do we want or need any current or sacked or about to be sacked sevco employees when we have a habit of regularly turning over said orcs? In addition, when we take second place, the point will be beyond discussion.

Post note 2: good ****ing reading on a slow Tuesday tho. Hopefully more implosion over at the vile sevco....:na na:

WeeRussell
17-04-2018, 11:44 AM

Fair point, though Scott Brown did something of a similar ilk and I don't think his attitude is in question.

Crazyhorse
17-04-2018, 11:50 AM
How can you compare Kenny to Stokes? One has been professional throughout his career, the other is currently awol. Trust me Kenny hasn’t got an attitude problem that’s the last thing you could say about him.

I would say it is much more likely he is calling out people who do have an attitude problem.

midfield_maestro
17-04-2018, 11:58 AM
The most amazing thing I have heard in all this is that Andy Halliday is 26! Looked about 10 years older on Sunday

Captain Trips
17-04-2018, 12:03 PM

KM attitude at Sevco has been 100% from what I have seen if he is calling out folk it is likely justified. Stokes and Miller not the same at all agreed.

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Snake Mountain.

Castle Greyskull is the ancestoral home of He-Man. Although, and I had to look this up, Skeletor was always trying to take it over and supposedly did for a time.

Lets be honest, Castle Greyskull is a crap name for a good guy's gaff so it works in any case.

Castle Greyskull brings back many happy memories...of a juvenile lusting after Shera, He-Man's sister

The Green Goblin
17-04-2018, 12:07 PM
The most amazing thing I have heard in all this is that Andy Halliday is 26! Looked about 10 years older on Sunday

That means he was only 34 when he scored the winner in the cup final against us two years ago.

jacomo
17-04-2018, 12:12 PM

I’m not questioning his attitude at all. As I said earlier, that article in The Sun contains quite a few clues that things are not as reported.

Der Hun have done what they always do - point the finger of blame elsewhere to try and deflect attention from their own problems.

But at 38 I think KM is too old for his Hibs return now. A shame.

Lago
17-04-2018, 12:13 PM
The one thing that I have never doubted is that K M is nothing other than the absolute professional, at both club & international level he has, in my opinion, always given his all.
Personally I would welcome him ar E R. I would love some of his attitude & winning mentality to rub off on our younger players.

Scorrie
17-04-2018, 12:19 PM

Played like it an aw

MyJo
17-04-2018, 12:40 PM
Kenny Miller as player/coach for next season would be a great move.

He has shown he is still more than capable of getting goals in this league and clearly feels he has another couple of seasons in him before hanging up his boots. Having him around and sharing his experience would really benefit our strikers.

Paisley Hibby
17-04-2018, 12:49 PM
You don’t know if that’s what happened though?

The fact Miller and Wallace both got involved says to me it’s not quite as black and white as people are portraying.

My thinking too. Whatever they did might have been justified for all we know. If we signed him, Miller could our Chris Boyd next season.

Clerie Green
17-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Sign them both ,just to wind up the diets :na na:

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 01:09 PM
Kenny Miller as player/coach for next season would be a great move.

He has shown he is still more than capable of getting goals in this league and clearly feels he has another couple of seasons in him before hanging up his boots. Having him around and sharing his experience would really benefit our strikers.

No brainer

BigT-Hibeez
17-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Heroin.. You burn it on a spoon to make a liquid for injecting

truehibernian
17-04-2018, 01:21 PM
I'd take Miller.

If he is free and The Rangers new management team don't want him, it's an absolute no-brainer for me - I'd drive him to HTC to sign :agree:

Anyone who doesn't think KM wouldn't improve and add to the already good squad (as player, coach, mentor and professional) needs their head examined. To think of him in a Hearts strip gives me shivers :rolleyes: next season will be a very important one for Hibs, building on our success but also having to add to the squad after losing very influential players in SJM and DM...........so to get an experienced head in there and one which can help the transition would be invaluable.

adhibs
17-04-2018, 01:22 PM
.Its a shame theve got hearts this weekend, any other top 6 team would've been an almost certain defeat

jacomo
17-04-2018, 01:33 PM
If he is free and The Rangers new management team don't want him, it's an absolute no-brainer for me - I'd drive him to HTC to sign :agree:

Anyone who doesn't think KM wouldn't improve and add to the already good squad (as player, coach, mentor and professional) needs their head examined. To think of him in a Hearts strip gives me shivers :rolleyes: next season will be a very important one for Hibs, building on our success but also having to add to the squad after losing very influential players in SJM and DM...........so to get an experienced head in there and one which can help the transition would be invaluable.

Hmm.

According to soccer base he’s had 23 appearances this season and scored 3 goals.

I used to wish for KM’s return to Hibs every summer but I’m not convinced he can cut it as a player for us anymore.

If he’s interested in coaching then maybe. Lenny will know him well from his Celtc days.

Sioux
17-04-2018, 01:36 PM
According to many of the orcs I have the occasional misfortune to work with, KM has been instrumental in undermining the manager. He has been a constant thorn in their side recently with the 'I know better than you' patter, and has created his own little clique within Ibrox. One of them referred to him and his clique as being a David Koresh. That one had me doubled up.

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, maybe the orcs forums might have a view.

staunchhibby
17-04-2018, 01:37 PM
No doubt the cat will keep us in the loop given his inside info :aok::aok:

Souter96Mac
17-04-2018, 01:40 PM
If he's sacked.. Could we bring him in before the end of the season?

JimBHibees
17-04-2018, 01:50 PM
If he's sacked.. Could we bring him in before the end of the season?

No would need to be within a transfer window.

jacomo
17-04-2018, 01:51 PM
According to many of the orcs I have the occasional misfortune to work with, KM has been instrumental in undermining the manager. He has been a constant thorn in their side recently with the 'I know better than you' patter, and has created his own little clique within Ibrox. One of them referred to him and his clique as being a David Koresh. That one had me doubled up.

I have no idea if there is any truth in this, maybe the orcs forums might have a view.

Wow. They just love to trash one of their own don’t they?

Dressing rooms are full of testosterone and big egos. I can’t believe KM is any worse than any other senior player who is getting riled by bad results.

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2018, 01:53 PM
Why would we want Kenny bloody Miller in this squad, he's finished?

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.

truehibernian
17-04-2018, 01:55 PM

And how do we know he'd be such a good mentor for our youngsters, and do we not have coaches for this already?

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.

We signed Grant Holt

bingo70
17-04-2018, 01:55 PM

He’s not finished, he’s only 38..........

Seriously though, I think he’s looked good the times I’ve seen him this season, as long as we were signing him as a squad player I think he’d have a lot to offer.

guthrie01
17-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Folk wanting to replace Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw with a 38 year old striker :hilarious

blackpoolhibs
17-04-2018, 02:01 PM
We signed Grant Holt

Aye and he scored about as many goals in the championship as Miller has scored in the SPFL, we are better than that now.

Seriously though, I think he’s looked good the times I’ve seen him this season, as long as we were signing him as a squad player I think he’d have a lot to offer.

He's someone who runs about a lot, we want and need better than him now, and will be looking at better surely than someone who is that old and way past his best.

There are better players than him available in our price range now.

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Heroin.. You burn it on a spoon to make a liquid for injecting

Ah an expect I see😈

Thecat23
Folk wanting to replace Kamberi, MacLaren and Shaw with a 38 year old striker :hilarious

Where has anyone said that??

Geo_1875

He's been their best forward when used this season and must wonder how Morelos gets on the pitch before him. No wonder he's lost it with Murty.

Keith_M
17-04-2018, 02:04 PM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmGJ0DiWde1Z2c-p_6hzKaqjWSDfkQ3wVqz8WQJbwUgk2f384B-A

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 02:04 PM
He's been their best forward when used this season and must wonder how Morelos gets on the pitch before him. No wonder he's lost it with Murty.

Morelos doesn’t even want to be there, that says it all.

Geo_1875
17-04-2018, 02:06 PM

He's not going to get a move to a better team on his showing so far.

truehibernian
17-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Didn't help when The The's made up the Chinese offer TC :cb:greengrin

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 02:07 PM
He's not going to get a move to a better team on his showing so far.

Completely agree, had to laugh when the media or should I say the Daily Ranger were saying The Rangers rejected £9m for him 😂

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 02:08 PM

Exactly!! I don’t think anyone believed them except their delusional knuckle dragging fans.

we are hibs
17-04-2018, 02:08 PM
We signed Grant Holt
Grant Holt was brought in to do a job on horrible pitches and that was to win fouls, get us up the park and be a foil for Cummings. He done a good job and done a lot of unappreciated work on the park. He was never going to be a long term solution. Now we are back in the top flight I'd rather take a chance on shaw than sign miller.

guthrie01
17-04-2018, 02:09 PM
Where has anyone said that??

So what do people want ?

To sit on the bench as a cheerleader ?

No thanks, a pointless signing who is just being glorified because he is a decent guy and who used to play for us

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2018, 02:12 PM

Has anyone figured out how this cunning plan is supposed to work? :confused: It was exactly the same with Barrie McKay - RB Leipzig poised to swoop in with a £6M bid, only RB L when asked say, "who?" Then they end up selling him to Forest for less than a tenth of that. They just look (even more) stupid. I don't get it.

Deansy
17-04-2018, 02:13 PM
I'm finding the fact that our intrepid media have managed to get the low-down on all these internal squabbles at 'Greyskull' a bit suspicious - our media isn't exactly famous for printing 'Bad news' about the Hun !. It's well known Traynor/Huns use the media as and when they like so I'm finding all of this 'scandal' a bit off. I just don't trust them - an example -

'The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action'

Really ? - So what was King's statement earlier on in the week - wasn't exactly a 'Vote of confidrence' was it ?

'King said: 'Whoever is appointed must be able to meet the unique challenges of managing Rangers and ensuring IMMEDIATE success. It is a priority that we commence next season with the best appointment we can make, and that we move forward rapidly'

So if Miller's getting sacked because he undermined Murty, shouldn't their board also be sacking King ?. Right now the Huns are down and out !. They've just been humped again by the team they hate the most, their current squad (imho) is keech, there's no magic-wand to conjure up any money to buy their way out of their current predicament (like they used to for decades !) so what can they do ?. I DO think something's happened but I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it's being reported - I honestly believe these stories could be the Huns way of trying to build a wee bit of 'Siege-mentality' into their team - trying to get all the players to stand together against all the nasty people who want them to fail - IE the entire country !

Thecat23
So what do people want ?

No thanks, a pointless signing who is just being glorified because he is a decent guy and who used to play for us

I think most are saying a squad player/coaching role. I certainly wouldn’t want him over Kamberi or McLaren. Some players have more influence than just sitting on a bench.

Again it’s not me picking the team or transfer targets that’s Lennons job. If he thinks he can do a job I’m behind him, if he’s not interested that fine with me too.

JeMeSouviens
So what do people want ?

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Definitely not now.

truehibernian
17-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Grant Holt was brought in to do a job on horrible pitches and that was to win fouls, get us up the park and be a foil for Cummings. He done a good job and done a lot of unappreciated work on the park. He was never going to be a long term solution. Now we are back in the top flight I'd rather take a chance on shaw than sign miller.

Shaw's position and development at Hibs is not under threat though, far from it, Lennon and the management team have been excellent in giving him opportunities at the right time and in the right games. If anything we will see more from him next season as he continues to progress well. But he does need an experienced striker (like Kenny Miller) to show him how to play in this league and at this level (and beyond). Indeed, Flo and JM are both young and would benefit too.

You cannot underestimate experience and if he was free, available, and wanted to come to Hibs for the right reasons then it's a no-brainer for a season or two.

jacomo
17-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Lee McCulloch breaks ranks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43794303

I wonder if Der Hun will try and smear him now too?

jacomo
17-04-2018, 02:25 PM
I'm finding the fact that our intrepid media have managed to get the low-down on all these internal squabbles at 'Greyskull' a bit suspicious - our media isn't exactly famous for printing 'Bad news' about the Hun !. It's well known Traynor/Huns use the media as and when they like so I'm finding all of this 'scandal' a bit off. I just don't trust them - an example -

'The powers-that-be believe the manager has been undermined and have decided to take action'

Really ? - So what was King's statement earlier on in the week - wasn't exactly a 'Vote of confidrence' was it ?

'King said: 'Whoever is appointed must be able to meet the unique challenges of managing Rangers and ensuring IMMEDIATE success. It is a priority that we commence next season with the best appointment we can make, and that we move forward rapidly'

So if Miller's getting sacked because he undermined Murty, shouldn't their board also be sacking King ?. Right now the Huns are down and out !. They've just been humped again by the team they hate the most, their current squad (imho) is keech, there's no magic-wand to conjure up any money to buy their way out of their current predicament (like they used to for decades !) so what can they do ?. I DO think something's happened but I don't think it'll be anywhere near as bad as it's being reported - I honestly believe these stories could be the Huns way of trying to build a wee bit of 'Siege-mentality' into their team - trying to get all the players to stand together against all the nasty people who want them to fail - IE the entire country !

It’s obvious that The Rangers are leaking this stuff to the media.

The journos are leaving clues in their copy (complete lack of quotes or witnesses??) but are being a bit subtle. They should call the club out on it.

Captain Trips
17-04-2018, 02:27 PM
While we have 2 strikers who are doing well and not actually our players that is were any funds need to be going.

Lago
17-04-2018, 02:47 PM
So what do people want ?

You must be a politician, you didn't answer the question, merely asked another one.

Bostonhibby
17-04-2018, 02:49 PM
How can you compare Kenny to Stokes? One has been professional throughout his career, the other is currently awol. Trust me Kenny hasn’t got an attitude problem that’s the last thing you could say about him.I don't want us to "bring him back" on this occasion but I completely agree with you about the professional he obviously is.

Bostonhibby
17-04-2018, 02:51 PM
The most amazing thing I have heard in all this is that Andy Halliday is 26! Looked about 10 years older on SundayThat's gotta be his IQ?

Thecat23
17-04-2018, 02:53 PM
I don't want us to "bring him back" on this occasion but I completely agree with you about the professional he obviously is.

I can understand why folk wouldn’t want him now. For me he’d be a squad player but if he didn’t come here it wouldn’t bother me. Do think he’d be good for the younger guys though.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2018, 02:58 PM
As I said on another thread I hope Glasgow's finest are trawling through video footage to identify and bring to book the participants in these shenanigans.

If suspension of employees is justified it certainly wasn't a civilised exchange of views and reports of head butting are certainly worth looking into.

I await Mr Traynor's statement with anticipation.

truehibernian
17-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Has anyone figured out how this cunning plan is supposed to work? :confused: It was exactly the same with Barrie McKay - RB Leipzig poised to swoop in with a £6M bid, only RB L when asked say, "who?" Then they end up selling him to Forest for less than a tenth of that. They just look (even more) stupid. I don't get it.

I'd hazard a guess at fake news to generate fake (then maybe some genuine interest here in the UK) - I'd wager they thought maybe a struggling Southampton, West Brom or even a mid Championship team going for the play-off spots would weigh in with a £2-£3 million offer and they could then accept and use the 'player didn't fancy China' excuse if pressed about turning down such money............

Either way the fact both players are still at The Rangers, neither have left for significant money, and both stories were created in the Daily Record should tell you all you need to know..........rather than be fed succulent lamb they are being fed chopped pork and ham :aok:

NORTHERNHIBBY
17-04-2018, 03:02 PM
Any idea of the amount of injuries and whether Jabba the Traynor has made a statement?

Was it worse that the 1980 Cup Final?

we are hibs
17-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Shaw's position and development at Hibs is not under threat though, far from it, Lennon and the management team have been excellent in giving him opportunities at the right time and in the right games. If anything we will see more from him next season as he continues to progress well. But he does need an experienced striker (like Kenny Miller) to show him how to play in this league and at this level (and beyond). Indeed, Flo and JM are both young and would benefit too.

You cannot underestimate experience and if he was free, available, and wanted to come to Hibs for the right reasons then it's a no-brainer for a season or two.

If miller comes in who's place on the bench is he taking? And if he's not on the bench then what's the point? Surely we already have a good enough coaching staff and if he was on the playing staff too surely it's a waste of a wage that could be better spent elsewhere

CRAZYHIBBY
17-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Levein will want wallace....i also noticed that he's getting business done early and made a few cough top drawer cough signings

Smartie
17-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Miller has performed to a very high standard throughout his career and was Rangers' best player last season.

He's not done as well this season, and at his age there will now be reasonable questions asked as to whether or not he's past it - I genuinely don't know if he is or not.

I don't agree with cheerleaders sitting on the bench, players coming in need to be able to contribute.

But he's always been a good lad and kept himself in great shape (he recovered very quickly from that nasty injury against us in December).

I'd be open to him joining us.

WeeRussell
17-04-2018, 03:26 PM
We signed Grant Holt

Hopefully exactly the sort of signing BlackpoolHibs talks about us being “past”.

heretoday
17-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Miller is not required on journey.

hibby6270
17-04-2018, 04:04 PM
No would need to be within a transfer window.

Don’t think that’s correct. If his contract was terminated, he’d be a free agent and could sign for anyone.

We did it when Darren was released. Signed him up immediately and it’s done us no harm. OK, a bit younger but nevertheless was definitely a win, win for us.

As for Kenny? What harm would it do to sign him up for the final 5 games as back up to Flo, Jamie & Oli? As has been said, if he knows that’s all it is from a playing perspective, the coaching side of it could prove invaluable. Whether or not the coaching role continues beyond this season? Well, who knows!!

As it now seems, Kenny has been suspended as well (reported on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime), it’s unlikely any of this speculation will come about. Unless Kenny forces the issue and personally pushes on with his contact being terminated early as suggested in the original Sun article.

MWHIBBIES
17-04-2018, 04:17 PM
Don’t think that’s correct. If his contract was terminated, he’d be a free agent and could sign for anyone.

We did it when Darren was released. Signed him up immediately and it’s done us no harm. OK, a bit younger but nevertheless was definitely a win, win for us.

As for Kenny? What harm would it do to sign him up for the final 5 games as back up to Flo, Jamie & Oli? As has been said, if he knows that’s all it is from a playing perspective, the coaching side of it could prove invaluable. Whether or not the coaching role continues beyond this season? Well, who knows!!

As it now seems, Kenny has been suspended as well (reported on Reporting Scotland at lunchtime), it’s unlikely any of this speculation will come about. Unless Kenny forces the issue and personally pushes on with his contact being terminated early as suggested in the original Sun article.
Das was within a transfer window, Miller could not be registered right now

Ozyhibby
17-04-2018, 04:33 PM

He can’t sign for anyone until the window opens and hopefully it’s not us.

SideBurns
17-04-2018, 04:52 PM
In my opinion we could do with an experienced striker to complement our young forwards for next season. Of course, Lenny might already have someone else in mind who fits that role (or perhaps will think we don't need an old head up front at all) but to me bringing Miller in would be a great move. People have been writing him off for years (and as recently as December it was rumoured his career was over after the injury), but he keeps proving them wrong and is a terrific professional who still has something to offer at this level.

erin go bragh
17-04-2018, 04:55 PM

Fingers crossed he signs for them . St Johnstone are an aging striker short for next season:)

Bishop Hibee
17-04-2018, 05:00 PM
No idea why anyone would want Miller at Hibs now. Past it.

erin go bragh
17-04-2018, 05:17 PM
Snake Mountain.

I bow to your superior He Man knowledge:)
Might need to find out where the Orcs from the lord of the rings called home :) edit it’s middle earth . That my new name for ipox:)

rcarter1
17-04-2018, 05:28 PM

I always assumed it was Skeletor's crib. Looks fit for a Hun regardless.

rcarter1
17-04-2018, 05:31 PM
I bow to your superior He Man knowledge:)
Might need to find out where the Orcs from the lord of the rings called home :) edit it’s middle earth . That my new name for ipox:)

Middle Earth was home to all the dudes; humans, hobbits, elves,dwarves, goblins, orcs and trolls etc.

Mordor is the name of the specifically evil - and smelly - place where the Orcs abide.

proud_and_green
17-04-2018, 05:44 PM

Agree absolutely, anyone who has a link to Hibs always has to be linked with a return. I would rather we source younger talent and proven coaches. it's a bit like the constant managerial merry-go-round which was prevalent until a couple of years ago in Scotland as a whole - instead of thinking outside the box we go for what we know and consequently we end up with the same as we had and everything stagnates - Hibs have been one of the exceptions to that happily.

Captain Trips
17-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Dear Mr Traynor can we have a statement please, if ever one was required its tonight we are all wanting a right good laugh.

Dashing Bob S
17-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Naw he’s from Portobelly

emerald green
17-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Whatever happened between Murty and Miller and Wallace, it's very pleasing to note there must be discord behind the scenes and in the dressing room at Mordor. It can't do anything for morale.

As far as Hibs signing Kenny Miller is concerned, that would be a mistake IMHO. My guess is, at 38 years of age, Miller might possibly be of interest to HOMFC.

Sammy7nil
17-04-2018, 06:34 PM
If we could help Miller get in to coaching and he combined both player and coach role on the same salary as oli Shaw then it is a yes from me :greengrin

jacomo
17-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Dear Mr Traynor can we have a statement please, if ever one was required its tonight we are all wanting a right good laugh.

Club 1872 are trying their best (see meltdown thread) but they aren’t as good at it as fat Jim.

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2018, 06:51 PM
If Miller is released from his contract this or next week then he could sign for anyone and you've just got to know that if Lenny signs him it would be to wind up the Thes to a pitch of frenzy...and that he would come on in the last game 5 minutes from the end and slot home the winner that consigned them to 5th place. Karma baby.

erin go bragh
17-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Middle Earth was home to all the dudes; humans, hobbits, elves,dwarves, goblins, orcs and trolls etc.

Mordor is the name of the specifically evil - and smelly - place where the Orcs abide.
Mordor it is then :)

HoboHarry
17-04-2018, 07:17 PM
If Miller is released from his contract this or next week then he could sign for anyone and you've just got to know that if Lenny signs him it would be to wind up the Thes to a pitch of frenzy...and that he would come on in the last game 5 minutes from the end and slot home the winner that consigned them to 5th place. Karma baby.
He cant play for anyone until next season because he was under contract when the window closed.

hibby6270
17-04-2018, 07:31 PM
Das was within a transfer window, Miller could not be registered right now

That is of course right. Forgot it was transfer window and was thinking more about the fact Darren was released and we snapped him up next day, which could happen to Miller.

As for the potential Miller situation, I genuinely thought if he was to be sacked (effectively no contract), he would be free to sign for anyone. Didn’t realise he would have to wait until window opens before he could sign up with a club. I guess my mind was thinking along the lines that a player can sign up out with the window if he’s not registered with any club. Would that not be Miller’s position if he was immediately sacked?

Don’t get me wrong. I am not advocating that Miller should be a long term player signing. Short term for 5 games might have benefited us though.

Transfer regulations eh? A minefield.
Now would someone be good egg and explain the offside rule to me please? I’d be eternally grateful!! :na na::rolleyes:

Is It On....
17-04-2018, 07:42 PM
It was him! (pinched from Facebook) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180417/e25b8891f0a9ec504bb0f1515cfcdbd6.jpg

That is brilliant 😂😂

Is It On....
17-04-2018, 07:46 PM

If Carlsberg did "wind up signings"...😂

Eyrie
17-04-2018, 07:46 PM

They were bred in Utumno originally and after that fell they were based in Angband. Mordor was their third home, making it the appropriate name for the home of the successor club only after the current version goes bust like its unlamented predecessor.

Is It On....
17-04-2018, 07:47 PM

I listened to that TalkSport classic today. It's the urban myth that really is true..

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
17-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Wallace to finally solve the Hearts' left back problem?

Sir David Gray
17-04-2018, 07:56 PM

He wouldn't be eligible to play for any other club until next season as he couldn't officially join a new club until 1st July.

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 08:24 PM
From Kickback...

"What is laughable is the Scottish press in January falling over themselves to mention how Rangers were making excellent common sense signings and that they were now on the road to recovery. Not one of them has the guts to point out the obvious i.e. Rangers are a club in serious decline who just seem incapable of accepting it.*There is every chance that Hearts if run prudently and sensibly over the next 5 years will overtake Rangers as the second biggest club in Scotland"

Wow. This is what some of them think. Frightening. They are going to have a smaller home average than their city rivals and less season tickets than us next season and this guy thinks they're going to be the second biggest club in Scotland. Should try and become the 3rd biggest and take it from there.

overdrive
17-04-2018, 08:39 PM
If this had happened in the January transfer window, I’d have happily taken him (the injury he had at the time aside). I think we need 4 strikers in the first team squad and we only have 3 excluding Boyle who started off as a striker. He’d have been fine as the fourth striker.

I’d hope we’d be able to sign Kamberi and possibly also Maclaren. I’d be hoping for a slightly younger option than KM next season as a fourth striker.

Kamberi actually reminds me of the type of player Miller developed into in his mid/late career.

poolman
17-04-2018, 09:26 PM

I must need my head examined then :agree:

And what makes people think he'll make a good coach when he hangs his boots up :confused:

jacomo
17-04-2018, 09:53 PM
I must need my head examined then :agree:

And what makes people think he'll make a good coach when he hangs his boots up :confused:

I also think his days as a player in this division are nearly done.

But the fact he is where is at 38 says a lot about his professionalism. As a role model to young players there are few better. He’s had a 20+ year career and it started at Hibs.

He seems a pretty smart guy and surely has potential as a coach?

Deansy
17-04-2018, 10:01 PM
From Kickback...

"What is laughable is the Scottish press in January falling over themselves to mention how Rangers were making excellent common sense signings and that they were now on the road to recovery. Not one of them has the guts to point out the obvious i.e. Rangers are a club in serious decline who just seem incapable of accepting it.*There is every chance that Hearts if run prudently and sensibly over the next 5 years will overtake Rangers as the second biggest club in Scotland"

Wow. This is what some of them think. Frightening. They are going to have a smaller home average than their city rivals and less season tickets than us next season and this guy thinks they're going to be the second biggest club in Scotland. Should try and become the 3rd biggest and take it from there.

Another wee gem from the 'Whoosh' brigade over the road -

'They will never be what they were before, the quicker that sinks in for them the better'

Yeah, like they're taking the 'Level Playing-Field' and the fact it's led to an almost 100% reversal in the derby-game, extremely well - almost as well as they're taking our league-position/attendances/season-ticket numbers/capacity .....................
Let's not even mention our SC win !!

monktonharp
17-04-2018, 11:20 PM
burning heroin on a spoonits only heating it up:rolleyes:

monktonharp
17-04-2018, 11:31 PM

He's finished, and the last thing we need is another washed up has been at the club, we are past signing these types now.:agree:as it should be. lets move on. Stokesy was brilliant even when he came back the third time but put the shine off it all with his recent antics. shame. don't want Miller, in any shape or form!!

Crazyhorse
17-04-2018, 11:51 PM
He cant play for anyone until next season because he was under contract when the window closed.

This does seem odd. Does this mean if a player is sacked the day after the window closes he can't take up a job with another employer for 5 months? I wonder has anyone ever tested this in court?

HoboHarry
18-04-2018, 12:01 AM
This does seem odd. Does this mean if a player is sacked the day after the window closes he can't take up a job with another employer for 5 months? I wonder has anyone ever tested this in court?
Players rarely get sacked - almost always terminated by mutual consent. I'm willing to bet money that even if Miller is sacked his contract will be paid off. That would probably be cheaper than the legal fees......

Hibbyradge
18-04-2018, 08:53 AM
I listened to that TalkSport classic today. It's the urban myth that really is true..

Wasn't it radio Scotland?

Turns out it wasn't.

https://talksport.com/football/phone-sees-caller-wanting-finnish-goalkeeper-antti-niemi-play-scotland-160531197918

Spike Mandela
18-04-2018, 09:27 AM
I can understand why folk wouldn’t want him now. For me he’d be a squad player but if he didn’t come here it wouldn’t bother me. Do think he’d be good for the younger guys though.

2-3 years ago Kenny may have been a sensible signing but anybody signing a 38 year old would need their head examined.

He needs to think about any coaching ambitions he has, if he has any, but in terms of signing for Hibs that ship has sailed. Hibs need to be signing the new Kenny Miller not boosting the pension of the old one.

Hibbyradge
18-04-2018, 09:29 AM
He's not available to sign. He's a The Rangers' player.

JeMeSouviens
18-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Very relaxed about him signing for Hearts. Yes, he was a decent player, but 2 goals in 15 league appearances for the New Huns this year tells its own story. And he'd eat up a nice chunk of their budget.

McD
18-04-2018, 05:41 PM

I know a guy who was an up and coming pro at an SPL club about 11-12 years ago who was freed the day after the window closed, he believes this was done specifically so that he couldn’t sign for another Scottish club until the following window (a Scottish 1st division club wanted to sign him).

I think that that only applies to EUFA registered clubs though, a player could go to Australia, USA, etc to play.

Fuzzywuzzy
19-04-2018, 06:15 AM
BBC gossip saying we're in for miller. Lazy journalists trawling FB and forums?

Oscar T Grouch
19-04-2018, 06:21 AM
There’s an article on football insider saying there’s mutiny in the air over the treatment of KM & LW. Mind you I think it’s just copying from the daily ranger. Can’t see to copy the link from my iPhone newsfeed though.

calumhibee1
19-04-2018, 06:29 AM
2-3 years ago Kenny may have been a sensible signing but anybody signing a 38 year old would need their head examined.

He needs to think about any coaching ambitions he has, if he has any, but in terms of signing for Hibs that ship has sailed. Hibs need to be signing the new Kenny Miller not boosting the pension of the old one.

I don’t think anyone would need there head examined. If we were paying a fee for him then I’d agree but he’d be free. I’d offer him a deal on a low wage and if he takes it then great, if not we move on. He’d have something to offer as a mentor to the 3 strikers we have right now (presuming they all stayed) and I think he still has something to offer as a squad player. If he was paid accordingly, I think he’d be a decent signing for a season.

we are hibs
19-04-2018, 06:51 AM
I don't think he's good enough now as a player. A wage that could be better spent elsewhere

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 06:57 AM
BBC gossip saying we're in for miller. Lazy journalists trawling FB and forums?

I'd be surprised if we weren't

jacomo
19-04-2018, 06:58 AM
I'd be surprised if we weren't

Lenny does like his veterans!

Blaster
19-04-2018, 07:03 AM
Still be a better signing than what hearts have signed this week

hibbyfraelibby
19-04-2018, 07:13 AM
I don't think he's good enough now as a player. A wage that could be better spent elsewhere

Sign him as a player coach. He has never disrespected the club he started his career with, has a wealth of experience to pass on and gives back up if required. He is probably a future Hibs manager so lets start his apprenticeship now.

So get a pre contract signed and parade him before the Thes game.

mjhibby
19-04-2018, 07:31 AM
I don’t think anyone would need there head examined. If we were paying a fee for him then I’d agree but he’d be free. I’d offer him a deal on a low wage and if he takes it then great, if not we move on. He’d have something to offer as a mentor to the 3 strikers we have right now (presuming they all stayed) and I think he still has something to offer as a squad player. If he was paid accordingly, I think he’d be a decent signing for a season.

It would seem a low risk signing. He's obviously a passionate guy about his football(as is his missus) and he has nothing but good things to say about us. He was a tremendous player in his younger days and a player who excited fans. What's not to like about a player coach position plus of course be an ideal mentor for Shaw and Allan and other young strikers coming through. I can see him being one of our four strikers for next season easily. Also a great impact sub to have.

lapsedhibee
19-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Sign him as a player coach. He has never disrespected the club he started his career with, has a wealth of experience to pass on and gives back up if required. He is probably a future Hibs manager so lets start his apprenticeship now.

So get a pre contract signed and parade him before the Thes game.

What?

CRAZYHIBBY
19-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Cant see us signing a 38 year old player .....hes done

Greenbeard
19-04-2018, 08:40 AM
All sorts of reasons why Lennon could be quoted as showing interest in Miller.
Could be he knows better than us what he has to offer, in whatever capacity, and the interest is genuine.
Could be he already knows either Kamberi or McLaren won't be here next season.
Could be either of these two are still weighing things up and his stated interest in KM is just a wee message that there are other options.
Could be absolute made-up sh*te.
Who knows? I'll trust his judgement, as long as KM is not being preferred to either FK or JM!

TonyStokeprano
19-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Id take Wallace and Miller at hibs if both get released.

Centre Hawf
19-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Id take Wallace and Miller at hibs if both get released.

Wallace will still fancy a decent wage I reckon and I don't think he's a million miles better than Stevenson. Not better enough at least to justify going out and trying to break the bank for a 30 year old full back who has suffered with injuries and barely kicked a ball over the last 12 months. In my opinion the Hearts are more than welcome to throwing him the stupid money they'll no doubt offer him.

Miller I could see the arguments for, experienced guy who can help the young lads and maybe move into the coaching department. I think his wage demands will be a lot lower given his age but. Wouldn't be against seeing him at Hibs next season but I wouldn't be terribly disappointed if I saw him end up at a Dundee or something instead.

SirDavidsNapper
19-04-2018, 12:17 PM
I can't see Wallace being released. Fined and stripped of the captaincy probably. He's one of their better players whereas Miller is at an age where he's surplus to requirements anyway

Jack
19-04-2018, 03:38 PM
All sorts of reasons why Lennon could be quoted as showing interest in Miller.
Could be he knows better than us what he has to offer, in whatever capacity, and the interest is genuine.
Could be he already knows either Kamberi or McLaren won't be here next season.
Could be either of these two are still weighing things up and his stated interest in KM is just a wee message that there are other options.
Could be absolute made-up sh*te.
Who knows? I'll trust his judgement, as long as KM is not being preferred to either FK or JM!

+ Neil Lennon is winding up the sevcovians.

Tynie01011973
19-04-2018, 03:40 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mounting-unrest-rangers-squad-team-12387828.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Keith Jackshun suggesting Sevco PR lying about the bust up (sorry for link to DR)

Billy Whizz
19-04-2018, 04:25 PM
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mounting-unrest-rangers-squad-team-12387828.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Keith Jackshun suggesting Sevco PR lying about the bust up (sorry for link to DR)

Reporter on BBC Sportsound last night was saying something similar.
Saying something like it wasn’t any worse than a standard desssing room bust up
Rather than Murty deal with it, he went to the directors to do deal with it instead

jacomo
19-04-2018, 04:34 PM

Hilarious that this story contains a link to their previous DR report, which was clearly transcribed from a conversation with Jim Traynor.

Journalists? Don’t make me laugh.

clarkstonbhoy
19-04-2018, 04:37 PM
https://streamable.com/t3m92 Players Interview ;)

truehibernian
19-04-2018, 04:38 PM
Would not surprise me in the slightest if there was some Machiavellian goings-on at The Rangers at board level and PR level with this one. Pena (remember him) is only on loan and apparently Pedro wants him punted back to The Rangers - I think he is one of their highest paid players. Wallace will be one of the top earners and hasn't played a lot of football due to injury. Kenny, albeit in the twilight of his career will be on a good salary too there is no doubt. There is no doubt Morelos doesn't want to be there too.

The Rangers are skint and will want to trim anything they can off the books, and when you look at the combined salaries of the above four, who have not played much football, it would not surprise me in the slightest if this was a sly way to get their supporters hoodwinked into thinking they are troublemakers and garnering a swell of support against them (LW and KM).

As an aside, Pena has been caught buying bevvy again in full training kit after a training session in Mexico - hence Pedro wants him returned to The Rangers.

Did Warburton and Weir settle with them or is that still to be dealt with ? That may cost them a fortune too :agree: