PDA

View Full Version : Murty Away?

Captain Trips
16-04-2018, 02:44 PM
I am hearing mind you likely pish.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2018, 02:50 PM
I am surprised he was even on the team bus leaving Hampden.

Ferrets fighting in a sack and all that.

Hell hath no fury like a Sevco scorned.

Onceinawhile
16-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Hope not. They'd likely get Walter Smith in and although he can only work with the tools given to him he'd likely do better than murty.

Bostonhibby
16-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Decent guy in a nest of vipers I thought.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Vini1875
16-04-2018, 02:56 PM
I think he is doing a grand job. I'm sure he can secure 4th and a trip to Europe.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Decent guy in a nest of vipers I thought.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

I’d agree with that

ancient hibee
16-04-2018, 02:59 PM
He’s not a good manager,fails to put the right team on the field and only got the job thanks to their lucky victory at ER.

Northernhibee
16-04-2018, 03:01 PM
Hung out to dry.

Smartie
16-04-2018, 03:01 PM
He’s not a good manager,fails to put the right team on the field and only got the job thanks to their lucky victory at ER.

He's doing as well as any manager would do with a set of overpriced cast-offs from other managers and a "support" with a badly misplaced sense of entitlement.

ancient hibee
16-04-2018, 03:07 PM
He's doing as well as any manager would do with a set of overpriced cast-offs from other managers and a "support" with a badly misplaced sense of entitlement.
No he’s not.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Seems a decent guy. Would be delighted fot him if he's been freed from that cesspit.

euro Hibby
16-04-2018, 03:15 PM
crap team but still second regardless but sure 10 in a row hurts.....

Smartie
16-04-2018, 03:17 PM
No he’s not.

Their form hasn't been that bad since he took over, certainly no worse than under several of his predecessors.

On Saturday they were absolutely terrible, they've lost a few home games to us, Killie and Celtic (the main form teams in the league).

I don't know what else he'd be expected to do with some (albeit half-decent) loan signings in January and the rubbish that Pedro left him?

Deansy
16-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Hope not. They'd likely get Walter Smith in and although he can only work with the tools given to him he'd likely do better than murty.

Uncle Waldo wouldn't touch a impoverished Hun-team with a barge-pole - he knows his limitations !

ShanksSaidNo
16-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Their form hasn't been that bad since he took over, certainly no worse than under several of his predecessors.

On Saturday they were absolutely terrible, they've lost a few home games to us, Killie and Celtic (the main form teams in the league).

I don't know what else he'd be expected to do with some (albeit half-decent) loan signings in January and the rubbish that Pedro left him?

Their diabolical (by their standards) home record goes way beyond that. If he got the heave-ho he could have very little complaints.

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2018, 03:44 PM
He's too much of a gent for that vile mob. Youth team coach asked to do a job.

Jack Hackett
16-04-2018, 03:52 PM
He's too much of a gent for that vile mob. Youth team coach asked to do a job.

Put his hand up high when the job was up for grabs though. Seem to remember him bigging himself up when he took over from Pedro. Bit off way more than he could chew.

BIGK
16-04-2018, 04:22 PM
thought that he did a realy good job initially but his inexperience at that level has caught him up.

Ardenttwo
16-04-2018, 04:28 PM
I am hearing mind you likely pish.

If true I can see Kilmarnock losing a manager

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2018, 04:33 PM
If true I can see Kilmarnock losing a manager

Not unless they waive compensation I'd imagine.

InchHibby
16-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Who cares, he bigged himself up for it, they bigged themselves up, at one time thinking they could win the league, they and he deserve what they’ve got at this moment.
C’mon Hibs we can get second, I shouldn’t have bigged us up there but we’re more than capable.
GGTTH

Jim44
16-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Murty’s jacket isn’t even on a shoogly peg, it’s down on the dressing room floor. Reading the comments on FF, I can’t believe the support that the Lying King still has with the muppets. They keep on about him saving the club from oblivion and how much of his own money he has invested in the club. Where all that money came from baffles me as, after all his tax problems in South Africa and the impossibility of removing cash from the country. At best, he has persuaded others to invest their money but his personal financial sacrifice is a bit of a myth is it not?

ancient hibee
16-04-2018, 05:39 PM

To me he doesn't learn from what happens in games.Everyone knows that the weak part of Celtic is the central defence and he should know that from the last game.Whoever their centre halves are they play about 25 yards apart outside their penalty area but he picks a team that puts no pressure on them.At the very least he needed to start with any two from Morelos,Miller and Cummings -Motherwell will certainly have two upfront.As it was Morelos,the smallest man in the box,got a free header which brought out a fantastic save.But there were no quick one twos as there was nobody there-I certainly hope we play two right on top of them on Saturday.Allied to that Celtic's full backs were given the freedom of the wide areas because nobody seemed to be out there to stop them which is asking for trouble.The only thing a manager must do is put out the right team.To pull Halliday off before half time was poor management in firstly picking him and then showing him up.

JeMeSouviens
16-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Murty’s jacket isn’t even on a shoogly peg, it’s down on the dressing room floor. Reading the comments on FF, I can’t believe the support that the Lying King still has with the muppets. They keep on about him saving the club from oblivion and how much of his own money he has invested in the club. Where all that money came from baffles me as, after all his tax problems in South Africa and the impossibility of removing cash from the country. At best, he has persuaded others to invest their money but his personal financial sacrifice is a bit of a myth is it not?

FF has a pro-King editorial that extends to deleting dissenting threads. Sevco media is more balanced (if having both sides of a neanderthal bigot conflict can be considered “balance”).

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2018, 05:56 PM
When you have players like Andy Halliday to pick from then even Pep would struggle. I actually thought he had a decent transfer window but i don't feel he's a strong enough character for the managers job. He comes across as a nice guy though. All very pleasing.

Ozyhibby
16-04-2018, 05:58 PM

FF is worthless. It is run by Dave King lackeys. No dissent is tolerated. You have to read Rangersmedia to know what the average Sevconian is ‘thinking’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
16-04-2018, 05:59 PM
When you have players like Andy Halliday to pick from then even Pep would struggle. I actually thought he had a decent transfer window but i don't feel he's a strong enough character for the managers job. He comes across as a nice guy though. All very pleasing.

His results since the window have been worse than before and worse than Pedro’s.

Iggy Pope
16-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Is Murty away in the Away Season? Sounds like a good trip. Let's run a bus.

Famous Fiver
16-04-2018, 06:14 PM
I shouldn't rejoice in the misfortunes of others but guess what I've been singing to myself all day?

Andy Halliday
Thought he'd won the cup and he f***ed it up
Andy Halliday
(Repeat as required)

Pleasing.

KerPlunk
16-04-2018, 06:15 PM
You have to read Rangersmedia to know what the average Sevconian is ‘thinking’.

Steady. That's an assumption too far in any right-minded persons book. :wink:

Onion
16-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Uncle Waldo wouldn't touch a impoverished Hun-team with a barge-pole - he knows his limitations !

:agree: GJP would jump at the job if the Huns came calling.

AgentDaleCooper
16-04-2018, 06:28 PM
if killie finish the season as strongly as they are going at the moment, i think clarke will stay at least another year to see how far he can take them. i think it's a project of love for him, and he knows he'll have plenty opportunities after it.

Squirrel 1875
16-04-2018, 06:29 PM
Steve Clarke will take that job. He's Celtic from what I've heard but still think it's too good an opportunity for him to turn down.

Onion
16-04-2018, 06:30 PM
if killie finish the season as strongly as they are going at the moment, i think clarke will stay at least another year to see how far he can take them. i think it's a project of love for him, and he knows he'll have plenty opportunities after it.

Can't see that happening. MUCH bigger clubs will be in for him with 5, 6 7 times the wages plus a player budget to match. Killie won't have a say in it.

Jack
16-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Their fans and supporters follow follow them as it's in their genes. They've virtually no choice.

Murty and all the other mercenaries deserve all they get.

grunt
16-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Phil Mac says that McInnes has been approached again.

Deansy
16-04-2018, 07:34 PM

No surprise there - Aberdeen's recent results/form make him the ideal candidate !

Eyrie
16-04-2018, 07:43 PM

I'd be surprised given the venomous response from Ibrox when he knocked them back a few months ago.

Billy Whizz
16-04-2018, 07:44 PM
I'd be surprised given the venomous response from Ibrox when he knocked them back a few months ago.

I think they’d take anyone now. Presume the £1m comp package is still on the table for the Dons?

hibbyfraelibby
17-04-2018, 09:28 AM

More likely he will head south to WBA now...

calumhibee1
17-04-2018, 09:29 AM

Hope so. Unsettle the two clubs.

Northernhibee
17-04-2018, 09:30 AM
Good news with true. Other than a penalty shootout win against ICT he's not achieved when really under the spotlight.

SirDavidsNapper
17-04-2018, 09:43 AM

Who's Phil Mac?

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Who's Phil Mac?

https://philmacgiollabhain.ie/

An Irish journalist and Celtic fan who, despite his obvious agenda and frankly appalling prose, has managed to unearth the inside track on all matters Hun (new and old) throughout the banter years.

Dr Jimmy
17-04-2018, 09:56 AM

Clarke’s stock is as high as it’s been since he became a manager. He will get offers for loads more cash than he’s on at Killie. IMHO he would be daft not to take one.

JeMeSouviens
17-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Clarke’s stock is as high as it’s been since he became a manager. He will get offers for loads more cash than he’s on at Killie. IMHO he would be daft not to take one.

He is rebuilding his damaged stock after struggling in England. He'd be mad to risk the rest of his career for a stint with the New Huns. It's a guaranteed passport to be being hounded out within a year by a baying mob of Huns who can't stand getting repeatedly humped by Celtc.

overdrive
17-04-2018, 11:52 AM
He is rebuilding his damaged stock after struggling in England. He'd be mad to risk the rest of his career for a stint with the New Huns. It's a guaranteed passport to be being hounded out within a year by a baying mob of Huns who can't stand getting repeatedly humped by Celtc.

:agree: Anyone taking the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing for the foreseeable future. They can't compete financially with Celtic but their fans expect them to be competing on the pitch with them. Even if they did manage to get near them for half a season, Celtic would just go out and sign some players to blow them out of the water again but the The Rangers fans wouldn't accept the outcome.

Jamesie
17-04-2018, 11:59 AM
:agree: Anyone taking the The Rangers job is on a hiding to nothing for the foreseeable future. They can't compete financially with Celtic but their fans expect them to be competing on the pitch with them. Even if they did manage to get near them for half a season, Celtic would just go out and sign some players to blow them out of the water again but the The Rangers fans wouldn't accept the outcome.

This. It seems difficult to envisage any circumstances that could arise (absent a Chinese or Middle Eastern businessperson wishing to ingratiate his or herself with the Govan faithful - and somehow I get the feeling they wouldn't get a warm welcome, even with an open cheque book) that could see Rangers feasibly challenging Celtic in the next decade, if not longer.

bingo70
17-04-2018, 12:06 PM

Disagree.

If I was a decent manager and didn’t hate rangers as much as I do then I’d look at it as quite an easy job, short term anyway.

Forget Celtic for a second, they just need to be cementing their place as part of the big 2 again, to do that they’d need to make rangers better than teams they’ve got a budget around 10x the size of. They’ve been an absolute basket case the last few years so to improve on that would be a complete piece of piss.

If they can accept that for next season, longer term Rodgers won’t be around forever, the following season if Celtic get his replacement wrong then there’s a great opportunity to catch them.

Captain Trips
17-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Disagree.

If I was a decent manager and didn’t hate rangers as much as I do then I’d look at it as quite an easy job, short term anyway.

Forget Celtic for a second, they just need to be cementing their place as part of the big 2 again, to do that they’d need to make rangers better than teams they’ve got a budget around 10x the size of. They’ve been an absolute basket case the last few years so to improve on that would be a complete piece of piss.

If they can accept that for next season, longer term Rodgers won’t be around forever, the following season if Celtic get his replacement wrong then there’s a great opportunity to catch them.

Living through here it is pretty irrelevant to a large number of them who is playing for them a lot of them thought they were going to win league.

If we thought some of our fans expectations were high you need to hear this mob. They want it now and if it's not happening they want change.

A couple I work with were telling me just a few weeks ago how they could still win it this season.

Lago
17-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Disagree.

Well thought out post. You make very valid points.

Onion
17-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Disagree.

Sounds reasonable for a ‘normal’ club but this is Sevco. Their fans demand success and stop Celtic. They’re obsessed with Celtic as much as the Yams are with us. 2nd best sounds fine from where they are right now, but that will soon wear thin once Celtic start strolling to 8IAR.

Sevco are in the worst place of all the bigger clubs - paying a fortune on players but unable to guarantee anything. Hibs, Hearts and Dons pay 1/10th in wages but have just as much chance of winning the LC, SC and getting into the Europa. In many ways, Sevco were better off in the lower leagues, with lower expectations and accepted lower chance of winning trophies. They are stuffed.

Famous Fiver
17-04-2018, 04:59 PM
Don't know if the club follow the same line as many of the contributors to their on line forums, where the merest whiff of a catholic connection is highlighted and insults follow.

Clarke already been rejected by the more vociferous contributors for this very reason.

Jamesie
17-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Don't know if the club follow the same line as many of the contributors to their on line forums, where the merest whiff of a catholic connection is highlighted and insults follow.

Clarke already been rejected by the more vociferous contributors for this very reason.

Reminds me a bit of the old Jock Stein adage where, if presented with a Catholic and a Protestant player of equal ability, he would sign the Protestant, safe in the knowledge that the Catholic would not be playing for Rangers against Celtic. While attitudes have changed in terms of signing policy at Ibrox, having experienced a Rangers v Hibs game from the main stand at Ibrox, it hasn't altered all that much within the support.

Stuart93
17-04-2018, 05:42 PM

What an absolutely mental way to look at things, Na we don't want Clarke cause he's a "fenian"...and they wonder why their club is going backwards

Ozyhibby
17-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Disagree.

The problem is that they can’t even sustain spending at the current levels. They are losing about £6m a year, eventually something has to give and the first team budget will be cut back. With the massive overheads they have that brings them within striking distance of us, Aberdeen and the yams. So far the ticket sales have held up but it would only take a few thousand not renewing and the whole thing could come crashing down. And that’s before I get to the disfunctional board.
Their fans are not in this for playing second fiddle to Celtic and rebuilding slowly but surely.
A new manager has to deliver the impossible which is the league title before Celtic get to 10.

jacomo
17-04-2018, 06:46 PM
The problem is that they can’t even sustain spending at the current levels. They are losing about £6m a year, eventually something has to give and the first team budget will be cut back. With the massive overheads they have that brings them within striking distance of us, Aberdeen and the yams. So far the ticket sales have held up but it would only take a few thousand not renewing and the whole thing could come crashing down. And that’s before I get to the disfunctional board.
Their fans are not in this for playing second fiddle to Celtic and rebuilding slowly but surely.
A new manager has to deliver the impossible which is the league title before Celtic get to 10.

Is this one going to be 7 in a row for Celtc?

Tick tock.

If Hibs sustained a real challenge next season, do you think the Hun would cheer us on? :wink:

Onion
17-04-2018, 07:34 PM

Beggars can't be choosers. The Huns just roll from one mess to another, with the benchmark some unrealistic title challenge or beating Celtic with players that would struggle to get into the current Aberdeen or Hibs sides. McInnes' stock has fallen badly in the last few weeks - able to manufacture wins against Partick and Dundee but failing badly against decent sides in bigger games. He'll be perfect for Ibrox and ensure more years of mediocrity and failure for Sevco.

Eyrie
17-04-2018, 07:52 PM
I think they’d take anyone now. Presume the £1m comp package is still on the table for the Dons?
The Huns aren't going to be happy if their board appoint someone who rejected them a few months ago, and who that board then rubbished. Sevco needs to keep the fans happy to keep the cash coming in and someone who is struggling a bit with Aberdeen won't satisfy the knuckle draggers.

Beggars can't be choosers. The Huns just roll from one mess to another, with the benchmark some unrealistic title challenge or beating Celtic with players that would struggle to get into the current Aberdeen or Hibs sides. McInnes' stock has fallen badly in the last few weeks - able to manufacture wins against Partick and Dundee but failing badly against decent sides in bigger games. He'll be perfect for Ibrox and ensure more years of mediocrity and failure for Sevco.
I predicted last time round that McInnes wouldn't go to Ibrox because the expectations there of challenging Celtc are unrealistic. I see no reason for him to change his mind so soon.

jacomo
17-04-2018, 11:13 PM

No way McInnes can go to Ibrox after they trashed him, surely?

keep the faith
17-04-2018, 11:43 PM
I think that financially they are banking everything on second place and Europe. I would not at all be surprised if they hoof murty and bring in old Walter or something for the run in only.

They are desperate.

GRD
18-04-2018, 08:07 AM
A Mcleish in post by the weekend? Ahem...

jacomo
18-04-2018, 09:11 AM
I think that financially they are banking everything on second place and Europe. I would not at all be surprised if they hoof murty and bring in old Walter or something for the run in only.

They are desperate.

The opportunity to inflict further pain on Der Hun this season is too good to miss.

Fingers crossed for a high stakes final game of the season.

Hibee87
18-04-2018, 10:09 AM

They are desperate.

Was it not reported from their AGM or somthing that they are banking on getting to the group stages of europa league, not just qualifying via the league?

NthCarolinaHibs
18-04-2018, 10:12 AM
Was it not reported from their AGM or somthing that they are banking on getting to the group stages of europa league, not just qualifying via the league?

They need group stages just to break even 💰💰

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2018, 10:28 AM

Their accounts say that their business plan is based on the assumption of getting to the group stages of the EL 3 years out of the next 5. 1 of those years has now gone.

Captain Trips
18-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Their accounts say that their business plan is based on the assumption of getting to the group stages of the EL 3 years out of the next 5. 1 of those years has now gone.

Was that one last years?

Northernhibee
18-04-2018, 11:44 AM
They need group stages just to break even 💰💰

They're making Progres on that one though.

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2018, 12:09 PM
Was that one last years?

Yup. The accounts date was before they made Progres in this season's EL.