PDA

View Full Version : Any info on next season’s kits...?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 06:39 PM
I remember there being some talk that Leanne and co had a trip to Macron HQ before Christmas to sign off on next season’s kits.... I’m just wondering if anyone has any info them yet?

H18 SFR
15-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Hoping for a white away top.

BegbieHSC
15-04-2018, 06:57 PM
Hoping for a white away top.

Hoping for an emerald green home, and a bottle green away to ram it up Celtic after their ***** this season.

Pete
15-04-2018, 06:59 PM
Hoping we do something a bit different. Orange, blue, something stripey, the Brazil kit with yellow top and blue shorts...

Why not?

Pretty Boy
15-04-2018, 07:02 PM
I'd love to see a white stripe/band across the front similar to the Insave kits from the 80s.

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 07:03 PM
I'd love to see a white stripe/band across the front similar to the Insave kits from the 80s.

All white with a green sash across it. A sort of green Peru kit. Class.

Big_Franck
15-04-2018, 07:04 PM
Hoping we do something a bit different. Orange, blue, something stripey, the Brazil kit with yellow top and blue shorts...

Why not?

I presume this is a joke. Orange, blue and red should never be anywhere near a Hibs top, home or away.

Hope we get another emerald green home top and a purple and green away shirt.

Aim Here
15-04-2018, 07:07 PM
Hoping for an emerald green home, and a bottle green away to ram it up Celtic after their ***** this season.

Aww come on, be fair. Celtic did have a third strip just in case they came up against a team that clashed with both of the other two kits.

It's just that it happened to be green too.

bigwheel
15-04-2018, 07:08 PM

Why not?

Because it wouldn’t be a Hibs strip ...

Pete
15-04-2018, 07:10 PM
I presume this is a joke. Orange, blue and red should never be anywhere near a Hibs top, home or away.

Don’t see why not. Getting adventurous with away kits is something a lot of clubs do.

Purple/white/yellow or black...getting a bit boring..

bigwheel
15-04-2018, 07:11 PM
Don’t see why not. Getting adventurous with away kits is something a lot of clubs do.

Why don’t we go the whole way and stop the green and white of the home strip ? Shall we go red or blue ??

cabbageandribs1875
15-04-2018, 07:12 PM
:fishin:

Pete
15-04-2018, 07:14 PM
Because it wouldn’t be a Hibs strip ...

There was probably a time when people were looking at the first purple top and saying the same things.

Colours don’t belong to anyone and we should get creative. Maybe with a third strip should we need one.

Pete
15-04-2018, 07:16 PM
Why don’t we go the whole way and stop the green and white of the home strip ? Shall we go red or blue ??

That’s just being silly.

renato
15-04-2018, 07:17 PM
I’d like something close to this for the home kit:

Someone mentioned a Peru style kit, what about this with an emerald or bottle green stripe:

Or my personal favourite for an away top, imagine this vintage Cagliari with green trim:

Billychaotic182
15-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Anything like the cup winning top and I’m happy. The most beautiful hibs top.

Pagan Hibernia
15-04-2018, 07:20 PM
I miss the days when the home kit was only changed every couple of years. I love this seasons kit, will be sorry to see it go

guthrie01
15-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Purple away, every time for me

Pagan Hibernia
15-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Anything like the cup winning top and I’m happy. The most beautiful hibs top.

the green was a wee bit dark for me

Nicho87
15-04-2018, 07:31 PM
I was actually going to buy this season's white goalie top if they had it in short sleeve. Reminded me of mowbrays first year in charge away kit. Very smart all white kit.

Renfrew_Hibby
15-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Purple away, every time for me

Yeah I'm predicting a return to purple and green stripes, like the old mitre ones from the nineties.

Billy Whizz
15-04-2018, 07:34 PM
Yeah I'm predicting a return to purple and green stripes, like the old mitre ones from the nineties.

Was purple not just 2 years ago?

Keith_M
15-04-2018, 07:40 PM

No ****, Sherlock

:faf:

Renfrew_Hibby
15-04-2018, 07:43 PM
Was purple not just 2 years ago?

Yeah but I'm talking about a return to the purple and green stripes from the 90s. Maybe some whiz kid can put a photoup

weecounty hibby
15-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Just look how fantastic Aberdeen looked in their lovely blue number yesterday. I would bet that is the worst selling away kit they have ever produced. A blue or red Hibs top would be the same. I do think you may be on a fishing trip though
Purple or white for an away strip for me, hate the black and not too keen on yellow

bigwheel
15-04-2018, 08:04 PM
That’s just being silly.

hahahaha....

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 08:06 PM
Just look how fantastic Aberdeen looked in their lovely blue number yesterday. I would bet that is the worst selling away kit they have ever produced. A blue or red Hibs top would be the same. I do think you may be on a fishing trip though
Purple or white for an away strip for me, hate the black and not too keen on yellow

Get what you say about purple or white but personally I quite like this seasons black shirt.

overdrive
15-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Something similar to the 6-2 kit for the home one and purple and green stripes for the away one.

If we are in Europe we will need a third kit, in which case an inverted version of the home kit.

Brightside
15-04-2018, 08:32 PM
Purple and White away anyone?

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Yeah but I'm talking about a return to the purple and green stripes from the 90s. Maybe some whiz kid can put a photoup

Here are a few that I designed last year... some ideas mentioned on here and a couple that I personally like. All away kits.

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 08:39 PM

I was never really that taken with this years away kit, not a fan of black.

Here’s a white and purple one from last year’s ideas too...

Pretty Boy
15-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Something sinilar to the Italy rugby away top as an away kit would be decent.

https://www.hugerugby.com/Mobile/en/Macron-Italy-Rugby-FIR-M17-Away-Poly-Jersey-SS-SR/m-m-11600.aspx?PartnerID=207&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8MvWBRC8ARIsAOFSVBWcwlzGm-Fr6eL4ElRiKQyfliygmJOGJFpOKT_LnXWZ75pNdPfaDPkaAsSV EALw_wcB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 08:46 PM
Something sinilar to the Italt rugby away top as an away kit would be decent.

https://www.hugerugby.com/Mobile/en/Macron-Italy-Rugby-FIR-M17-Away-Poly-Jersey-SS-SR/m-m-11600.aspx?PartnerID=207&gclid=Cj0KCQjw8MvWBRC8ARIsAOFSVBWcwlzGm-Fr6eL4ElRiKQyfliygmJOGJFpOKT_LnXWZ75pNdPfaDPkaAsSV EALw_wcB&utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=UnitedKingdom

Ive heard Hearts are going for a rugby shirt next season.

Pete
15-04-2018, 08:47 PM

No fishing trip.

Maybe it’s an idea for a third kit and not an away one but I don’t get the staunch opposition. It’s just a change kit.

Aberdeen did indeed wear blue this season and while it didn’t sell very well, at least they had the guts to try something new. Then there’s Hearts, they’ve had everything from dark blue to Argentina to Inter Milan to pink and yellow. I remember Arsenal wearing a white change strip that even had a likeness to the Spurs shirt.

Before anyone says “That’s them and we’re different...” I’m sorry but we’re not really. The horror at the thought of some colours tells me some people need to open their mind and get away from all that stuff. Some people are behaving as if I’ve insulted their granny.😂

So yeah, normal home, “traditional” coloured away and an anything goes third would get the thumbs up from me. For having the guts to try something different at least.

Clerie Green
15-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Why not?

Pink socks ?

:confused: :na na: :na na:

Brightside
15-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Try this in purple and white.

Pete
15-04-2018, 08:50 PM
Pink socks ?

:confused: :na na: :na na:

If it’s good enough for Juventus...

Clerie Green
15-04-2018, 08:51 PM
No fishing trip.

Maybe it’s an idea for a third kit and not an away one but I don’t get the staunch opposition. It’s just a change kit.

Aberdeen did indeed wear blue this season and while it didn’t sell very well, at least they had the guts to try something new. Then there’s Hearts, they’ve had everything from dark blue to Argentina to Inter Milan to pink and yellow. I remember Arsenal wearing a white change strip that even had a likeness to the Spurs shirt.

Before anyone says “That’s them and we’re different...” I’m sorry but we’re not really. The horror at the thought of some colours tells me some people need to open their mind and get away from all that stuff. Some people are behaving as if I’ve insulted their granny.😂

So yeah, normal home, “traditional” coloured away and an anything goes third would get the thumbs up from me. For having the guts to try something different at least.

Snowflake generation .

we’ re Green And White , deal with it .
:flag::nlgwa:flag:

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 08:52 PM
No fishing trip.

Before anyone says “That’s them and we’re different...” I’m sorry but we’re not really. The horror at the thought of some colours tells me some people need to open their mind and get away from all that stuff. Some people are behaving as if I’ve insulted their granny.��

It will be purely driven by what our marketing people think will sell.

"Aberdeen did indeed wear blue this season and while it didn’t sell very well, at least they had the guts to try something new" if it didnt sell it they wont be trying it again. The main driving force for an away kit is sales of said shirt.

Clerie Green
15-04-2018, 08:52 PM
If it’s good enough for Juventus...

Who they ?

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Try this in purple and white.

Like this....?

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Anyway, we r getting off topic.... I love coming up with ideas, but has anyone had any inside info on the actual choices?

Jonnyboy
15-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Always wondered how it might be received if Hibs produced a strip based on the Croatian national number - green and white of course

Pete
15-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Snowflake generation .

we’ re Green And White , deal with it .

What’s a snowflake generation?

Brightside
15-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Anyway, we r getting off topic.... I love coming up with ideas, but has anyone had any inside info on the actual choices?

yeh i just gave you it... :wink:

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:02 PM
It will be purely driven by what our marketing people think will sell.

"Aberdeen did indeed wear blue this season and while it didn’t sell very well, at least they had the guts to try something new" if it didnt sell it they wont be trying it again. The main driving force for an away kit is sales of said shirt.

I suppose. At least they could try a combination of different “traditional” colours in a bold design. We’ve got white, black, yellow, bottle green and purple.

Think about how popular the striped away kit we had was.

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:03 PM

Well bloody well come up with some bold ones and you might shut me up. 😁

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 09:04 PM
Well bloody well come up with some bold ones and you might shut me up. 😁

I do take requests 😁

Clerie Green
15-04-2018, 09:04 PM
What’s a snowflake generation?

The people who don’t know , or care that the Hibees were , are and always will be ,

Green and White :aok:

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 09:05 PM
yeh i just gave you it... :wink:

😉

greenlex
15-04-2018, 09:05 PM
:agree: Just the same as the home kit with purple replacing the green. Like the Bukta efforts of the 70s.

lapsedhibee
15-04-2018, 09:08 PM
Possibly I'm being whooshed here, or just very very :doh:, but what is the point of a third kit? Is it for those occasions where we are playing against two other teams on the same pitch at the same time? :confused:

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:09 PM
The people who don’t know , or care that the Hibees were , are and always will be ,

Green and White :aok:

Good luck with that green and white away kit.

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Possibly I'm being whooshed here, or just very very :doh:, but what is the point of a third kit? Is it for those occasions where we are playing against two other teams on the same pitch at the same time? :confused:

I think you have to release one if you are playing in Europe. Might have got that wrong but having one is good anyway as it gives supporters more options.

lapsedhibee
15-04-2018, 09:13 PM
I think you have to release one if you are playing in Europe.

Why? :dunno: If there are only two teams on the pitch and they have two kits each to choose from, there can't possibly be a clash.

BlackSheep
15-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Good luck with that green and white away kit.

This may sound pedantic but the poster may be meaning green and white for the home colours and white and green away....

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Why? :dunno: If there are only two teams on the pitch and they have two kits each to choose from, there can't possibly be a clash.

Sales and marketing fella, nothing to do with colour clashes.

BegbieHSC
15-04-2018, 09:18 PM
Here are a few that I designed last year... some ideas mentioned on here and a couple that I personally like. All away kits.

If any of these made it, i’d buzzing! Hope Macron/Dempster were looking in! Great work!

lapsedhibee
15-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Sales and marketing fella, nothing to do with colour clashes.
Marketing departments have researched and found that plenty of people will buy three separate sets of kit in a season, but not four?

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:24 PM
I was never really that taken with this years away kit, not a fan of black.

Here’s a white and purple one from last year’s ideas too...

Now that looks awesome. Something of the Real Madrid about it. 👍🏼

chinaman
15-04-2018, 09:25 PM

orange and blue ? put the lid on the glue tin.

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:29 PM
orange and blue ? put the lid on the glue tin.

No need to be rude.

Can you explain what’s wrong with the colours orange and blue? I’m presuming it’s a Dundee/Dundee United thing.

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 09:32 PM
No need to be rude.

Can you explain what’s wrong with the colours orange and blue? I’m presuming it’s a Dundee/Dundee United thing.

Tangerine Pal, as someone who comes from Blackpool, its tangerine, believe me. :wink:

Pete
15-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Tangerine Pal, as someone who comes from Blackpool, its tangerine, believe me. :wink:

Ach it’s the same thing. To my middle aged eyes anyway😁

Diclonius
15-04-2018, 09:40 PM
I'm not looking at any of these mock designs this year because they always make me extremely disappointed when the actual kits come out.

Can't Hibs invite fans to submit designs and vote on a list of them? And make this a regular thing each season?

yonder1875
15-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Can anyone remember when this seasons kits were out? Looking to buy one of the new ones before the end of July hopefully.

Galahibby
15-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Like this....?

This in purple and bottle green would be superb [emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180415/e4bf8f436716dd5b582c52f012df160f.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

TelaStella
15-04-2018, 10:45 PM
No need to be rude.

Stop it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
15-04-2018, 10:50 PM
This in purple and bottle green would be superb [emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180415/e4bf8f436716dd5b582c52f012df160f.jpg

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

thats bogging

Austinho
15-04-2018, 11:27 PM
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000llR70S_NT2o/s/700/Rob-Jones-1-vass.jpg

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/2018/nigeria_2018_world_cup_nike_away_kit.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXg0Qu-INu-fU1BCQuw2yYc07JaR8faoXIGO_6sUnU2eFZ_573bUQ6oGE6

Would love to see the return of an all dark green away. Would be cool with a flourescent green trim like Nigeria.

None of these garish purples and yellows please.

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 05:48 AM
thats bogging

Thanks 😂😂😂

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Can anyone remember when this seasons kits were out? Looking to buy one of the new ones before the end of July hopefully.

I think we will see next season’s kits earlier than we saw last season’s as last year we had to wait for our Nike deal to run out before we could launch anything.

Last year the kits were announced 14th June with the home kit available on the 16th and the away in the 30th June

calumhibee1
16-04-2018, 06:28 AM

1st one, 3rd one or last one. I’d buy the third one about 10 times so I didn’t need to wear anything else ever again.

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 06:35 AM
1st one, 3rd one or last one. I’d buy the third one about 10 times so I didn’t need to wear anything else ever again.

Totally agree 1st, 3rd and last are my favs too.....

Hope we get something similar to any of those 3 next season

.Sean.
16-04-2018, 07:23 AM
I think a Newcastle away type top would sell bucket loads. We’ve had both white and black before so see no reason why we couldn’t. Would make a nice change from the rank purple and boring all white and all black kits.

My_Wife_Camille
16-04-2018, 07:39 AM
Thanks 😂😂😂
You just did the mock up, it was someone else’s horrendous idea!

Albanian Hibs
16-04-2018, 07:46 AM
https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-get/I0000llR70S_NT2o/s/700/Rob-Jones-1-vass.jpg

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/2018/nigeria_2018_world_cup_nike_away_kit.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTXg0Qu-INu-fU1BCQuw2yYc07JaR8faoXIGO_6sUnU2eFZ_573bUQ6oGE6

Would love to see the return of an all dark green away. Would be cool with a flourescent green trim like Nigeria.

None of these garish purples and yellows please.

Like Werder Bremens current home kit. It's a beaut.

sleeping giant
16-04-2018, 07:53 AM

Those are all excellent :flag:

chinaman
16-04-2018, 07:55 AM
No need to be rude.

stop waffling ***** pete

Gregor
16-04-2018, 08:48 AM
Aberdeen did indeed wear blue this season and while it didn’t sell very well, at least they had the guts to try something new.
Or old. The blue was originally the Victoria United colours (see http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Aberdeen/Aberdeen.htm) - one of the three clubs that merged to form Aberdeen FC in 1903 (after Hibs declined an invitation to move to the Granite City - Alan Lugton's magnificent books have more on this). It didn't go down well this season because most of the Sheeple associate blue with The The's (let's see if we can reel him in ...) and also - it looked *****.

According to the above site, Hibs wore navy breeks between 1889 and 1891 - so the suggestion of blue is not without precedence.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
16-04-2018, 09:10 AM
I’d like something close to this for the home kit:

Someone mentioned a Peru style kit, what about this with an emerald or bottle green stripe:

Or my personal favourite for an away top, imagine this vintage Cagliari with green trim:

Your second and third ones would both make brilliant away tops.

Pretty Boy
16-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Or old. The blue was originally the Victoria United colours (see http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Aberdeen/Aberdeen.htm) - one of the three clubs that merged to form Aberdeen FC in 1903 (after Hibs declined an invitation to move to the Granite City - Alan Lugton's magnificent books have more on this). It didn't go down well this season because most of the Sheeple associate blue with The The's (let's see if we can reel him in ...) and also - it looked *****.

According to the above site, Hibs wore navy breeks between 1889 and 1891 - so the suggestion of blue is not without precedence.

The Abereeens fans reaction to the blue top this season was a total nonsense. Folk looking for something to moan about. It's nothing like a Rangers blue.

They had a royal blue away top in the early 70s and at least 2 navy away tops in the 90s and another in the 00s.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2018, 09:42 AM
This may sound pedantic but the poster may be meaning green and white for the home colours and white and green away....

Home - Green and white sleeves
Away - White and Green sleeves (a fans wet dream)
Europe - Purple and yellow stripes (also use this kit at Parkhead twice)

Jobs a good un!

J

Just Jimmy
16-04-2018, 09:51 AM
The Abereeens fans reaction to the blue top this season was a total nonsense. Folk looking for something to moan about. It's nothing like a Rangers blue.

They had a royal blue away top in the early 70s and at least 2 navy away tops in the 90s and another in the 00s.correct. when I was a kid some long lost auntie provided me with a blue sheep away shirt. my father promptly told her where to shove it.

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Austinho
16-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Home - Green and white sleeves
Away - White and Green sleeves (a fans wet dream)
Europe - Purple and yellow stripes (also use this kit at Parkhead twice)

Jobs a good un!

JThat would be a close rival to Hearts shocker of a Roseberry shirt for the worst of all time.

Bristolhibby
16-04-2018, 09:58 AM
That would be a close rival to Hearts shocker of a Roseberry shirt for the worst of all time.

C’mon it’s a third shirt that can’t be green or white.

Let’s go with it, or something like it. The white with green sleeves will be the fans favourite. This ones for the kids on their hols! A few decent results and it could become the modern day green and purple away top.

J

Austinho
16-04-2018, 10:25 AM
C’mon it’s a third shirt that can’t be green or white.

Let’s go with it, or something like it. The white with green sleeves will be the fans favourite. This ones for the kids on their hols! A few decent results and it could become the modern day green and purple away top.

Jhttps://images0.pixlis.com/background-image-vertical-lines-and-stripes-seamless-tileable-purple-yellow-22rnh6.png

Not sure you've thought this one through! Would look like a clown outfit...

Austinho
16-04-2018, 10:33 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SDEd5P2m-uQ/WWYc7Y0UyvI/AAAAAAABPj8/sVDyKE8nMxAhuiR05t7SgOm2yUbu8RZ8gCLcBGAs/s1600/Barnsley%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%2526%2BAway%2BKits%2B%25281%2529.jpg

This would be a decent away kit, minus the red.

mcohibs
16-04-2018, 11:06 AM
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SDEd5P2m-uQ/WWYc7Y0UyvI/AAAAAAABPj8/sVDyKE8nMxAhuiR05t7SgOm2yUbu8RZ8gCLcBGAs/s1600/Barnsley%2B17-18%2BHome%2B%2526%2BAway%2BKits%2B%25281%2529.jpg

This would be a decent away kit, minus the red.

Replace the red with purple or black and that would be a belter!

Austinho
16-04-2018, 11:33 AM
As long as the away was something that was completely different to Celtic, ie. black, purple etc, it would be cool to have a 3rd kit which was green with dark green sleeves, or vice versa.

https://i0.wp.com/footballfashion.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Chapecoense-2017-2018-Umbro-Kit-1.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/ca/1d/0cca1d56327f50e7bdd68e1271277d1d.png

Austinho
16-04-2018, 11:37 AM
Like Werder Bremens current home kit. It's a beaut.20570

Did a quick mock up.

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 11:47 AM

Did a quick mock up.

Was this created 2 years ago... when Nike still made our kits 😊

I do like it though....

Also liked Portugal’s away kit from the last Euros.

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 11:50 AM

I do like it though....

Also liked Portugal’s away kit from the last Euros.

Like this

Austinho
16-04-2018, 11:53 AM

I do like it though....

Also liked Portugal’s away kit from the last Euros.Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.

.Sean.
16-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.
If the cool kids club is the same template, identikit pish from Nike and Adidas hundreds of teams are stuck with then no thanks

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 03:02 PM
If the cool kids club is the same template, identikit pish from Nike and Adidas hundreds of teams are stuck with then no thanks

Agreed, I like the more ‘personal’ approach that Macron have given us.

BlackSheep
16-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Another couple of away/third kit designs.

As you can tell i like to keep them simple... if anyone has more complex ideas then let me know and i'll see what i can do...

JE89
16-04-2018, 04:07 PM

I don’t buy the strips but if they made no1 or 3 from that list I’d buy it :aok:

HH81
16-04-2018, 04:45 PM

Another couple of away/third kit designs.

As you can tell i like to keep them simple... if anyone has more complex ideas then let me know and i'll see what i can do...

Like the one on the right. Smart.

LaMotta
16-04-2018, 10:08 PM

yes, its long overdue :agree:

LaMotta
16-04-2018, 10:11 PM
Just my desire to see us back in the cool kids club instead of running round in Macron 'two stripe'.

Our last two Nike home strips were fantastic, and both were unique templates to Hibs.

Those strips will be remebered as iconic ones in years to come.

TelaStella
16-04-2018, 10:41 PM
On the subject of kit manufacturers I’ve never pretended to like macron and I admit I was left feeling rather disappointed when I heard we’d be going into partnership with them this season. Our home top is probably about as good as we’ll get and I’m not overly keen on the away one but that’s just my opinion. A lot of people are quick to criticise Nike and Adidas but I’m never really sure why? I loved us with Nike and you can’t deny the old Adidas tops of the late 80’s/early 90’s looked the absolute **** so I’d always be willing to try them again some day.

Austinho
16-04-2018, 10:51 PM
The thing I don’t like with Macron is I think we went overboard with all the customisations. The nature of us having green body with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks means our home shirts are already more cluttered to begin with. Chuck in the rugby collar, all the bottle green trim on different parts of the kit, the detailed stitching, the ‘glory glory’ on the back, the hooped subtle hooped stripes, the Macron logos on the shoulders, the white band at the bottom, the watermark Hibs crest underneath the actual Hibs crest etc. All seems a bit overkill when a good Hibs shirt relies on simplicity.

It also looks half chav, half rugby kit to me. Oh, and the shade of green they are using on some of the training gear is just so so wrong.

They’ve made some great kits for other teams, so I’ve not lost hope yet.

California-Hibs
16-04-2018, 11:20 PM
I hope they get rid/change the collar design. Not a fan of how it

Brizo
17-04-2018, 05:25 AM
The thing I don’t like with Macron is I think we went overboard with all the customisations. The nature of us having green body with white sleeves, white shorts and green socks means our home shirts are already more cluttered to begin with. Chuck in the rugby collar, all the bottle green trim on different parts of the kit, the detailed stitching, the ‘glory glory’ on the back, the hooped subtle hooped stripes, the Macron logos on the shoulders, the white band at the bottom, the watermark Hibs crest underneath the actual Hibs crest etc. All seems a bit overkill when a good Hibs shirt relies on simplicity.

Totally agree. Simplicity is best. I get it footballs a commercial money driven business and that sponsors names are necessary but when you get strips with sponsor names on the back plus the front and all the additions you've described it just gets totally cluttered.

Maybe one of the reasons people liked 80s / 90s strips so much was that while they had a sponsors name on the front that was the extent of the customising.

I'm a man of a certain age so strips aren't aimed at me and I wouldnt be buying one but I'm invariably disappointed when our new one always looks like an advertising display.

BlackSheep
17-04-2018, 06:17 AM
Apart from the collar (in my opinion) there’s not much wrong with this season’s home kit. All the additions that you say clutter the design are quite subtle...

I’ve got a feeling that patterns are on their way back this season, just looking at the World Cup shirt designs... club shirt after big international tournaments tend to nod towards what has been seen in the summer.

We should probably be thankful we are with Macron this year as Nike, Adidas, Umbro, etc will all be releasing interesting shirts next year.

Brightside
17-04-2018, 07:23 AM
On the subject of kit manufacturers I’ve never pretended to like macron and I admit I was left feeling rather disappointed when I heard we’d be going into partnership with them this season. Our home top is probably about as good as we’ll get and I’m not overly keen on the away one but that’s just my opinion. A lot of people are quick to criticise Nike and Adidas but I’m never really sure why? I loved us with Nike and you can’t deny the old Adidas tops of the late 80’s/early 90’s looked the absolute **** so I’d always be willing to try them again some day.

Macron quality is sweets ahead of adidas and nike. imho. I've had both for youth teams in the past and Macron is miles better.

WellingtonHibby
17-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Our last two Nike home strips were fantastic, and both were unique templates to Hibs.

Those strips will be remebered as iconic ones in years to come.

No they weren't!

Pretty Boy
17-04-2018, 09:40 AM
No they weren't!

Indeed the Dundee Utd away kit that year was the same template as our cup winning kit and the Malaga away kit was the same template as our home kit last year.

I think the white sleeves may have been a customisation but the basic template was just that.

hibstag
17-04-2018, 10:10 AM
Indeed the Dundee Utd away kit that year was the same template as our cup winning kit and the Malaga away kit was the same template as our home kit last year.

I think the white sleeves may have been a customisation but the basic template was just that.

Yep both were just bog standard green tempates with white sleeves added - i think this was due to the poor reception of the all green straight out the book 14.99 template of 14/15 that was caused by the continued lack of a suitable 'sleeved' template in the nike range since arsenal moved to puma.

15/16 was a bottle green version of the previous seasons white away (i think )
The Spartans wore last year home template on saturday (in all white with red trim)

BlackSheep
17-04-2018, 12:30 PM
Celtic's new kit is to be revealed next week... I'm guessing we will wait until most of this year's stock is gone in the current sale.

My_Wife_Camille
17-04-2018, 02:52 PM
quite like this one from twitter

LancsHibs
17-04-2018, 04:05 PM

Yes orange & blue, that will be popular :stirrer:

calumhibee1
17-04-2018, 05:09 PM

:talkh:

BlackSheep
17-04-2018, 06:10 PM

Which rangers fan did u swipe that from 😂😂

BlackSheep
17-04-2018, 07:53 PM

Would love to see this wee number.

Lancs Harp
17-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Have we ever played in maroon? With union jack Brits on the pizz shorts perhaps? Orange socks naturally.

LaMotta
17-04-2018, 10:58 PM
No they weren't!

Yep both were just bog standard green tempates with white sleeves added - i think this was due to the poor reception of the all green straight out the book 14.99 template of 14/15 that was caused by the continued lack of a suitable 'sleeved' template in the nike range since arsenal moved to puma.

15/16 was a bottle green version of the previous seasons white away (i think )
The Spartans wore last year home template on saturday (in all white with red trim)

Fair do's although the white sleeves makes them unique I suppose :greengrin but actually being unique isnt always a good thing. ( The bukta and mitre shambolic efforts of the 90s for example)

Regardless of the fact one or two other clubs had similar templates, def two of our finest strips since polyester was invented :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
17-04-2018, 11:12 PM
So just to confirm nobody has any info...

BlackSheep
18-04-2018, 12:42 AM
So just to confirm nobody has any info...

Looks that way 😂

TelaStella
18-04-2018, 01:04 AM
Apparently the rangers are going with Hummel for next season [emoji23]

scotiaf
18-04-2018, 02:12 AM
Apparently the rangers are going with Hummel for next season [emoji23]

I think a Hibs strip would suite the Hummel design actually

BlackSheep
18-04-2018, 12:40 PM
I think a Hibs strip would suite the Hummel design actually

Agreed, when we were waiting for this season's announcement I kinda hoped Hummel would be in the running.... not now if Rangers get them :)

BlackSheep
25-04-2018, 02:50 PM

Another concept while we wait....

mutley
25-04-2018, 03:09 PM

I'd buy that in a hearbeat, good effort. Seriously, Hibs should look at some of these Concepts.

Hulk1875
25-04-2018, 03:21 PM

Yeah I really like that

.Sean.
25-04-2018, 04:46 PM
What about grey or silver with bottle green trims?

ChrissyG1875
25-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Another concept while we wait....Change the shorts to green and you're on to a winner

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
25-04-2018, 09:45 PM
What about grey or silver with bottle green trims?

Interesting idea, would need a 3rd kit for playing at park head though

hibsforeurope
15-05-2018, 09:30 AM
Now that the season is over, Does anyone have any info as to when the new kits will be released?

I seem to remember that there was some supporters group who looked at ideas for production in the shop, does this still exist?

Bristolhibby
15-05-2018, 09:33 AM

Did we not have that kit two seasons ago?

C’mon Hibs be exciting for an away kit.

We just seem to rotate through - black - yellow - purple & repeat.

J

Elephant Stone
15-05-2018, 10:07 AM

J

We've had nowhere near enough purple kits for my liking! I agree they could be a bit more adventurous when it comes to away kits though, they're normally pretty plain.

Billychaotic182
15-05-2018, 10:13 AM
This was posted on twitter and it’s beaut

Hope the photos work.

seanoheimhin
15-05-2018, 10:28 AM

Hope the photos work.

Love that, absolute belter.

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 10:33 AM

J

If you look closely it has green pin stripes, also the away kit 2 years ago was luminous yellow and purple, this concept is green and purple.

Our change strip will always be a choice from white, black, purple or yellow, these are our colours.... it’s almost like asking for our first kit to be something different than green... (I say almost VERY loosely:))

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 10:34 AM
Now that the season is over, Does anyone have any info as to when the new kits will be released?

I seem to remember that there was some supporters group who looked at ideas for production in the shop, does this still exist?

I anticipate once the 50% sale on our current kits stops then the kit announcement will be imminent... the shop have been pushing the sale a lot lately.

worcesterhibby
15-05-2018, 10:39 AM
I think we can be pretty certain that the away strip will be green and purple stripes.

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 10:55 AM
I think we can be pretty certain that the away strip will be green and purple stripes.

Oooooh.... speculation or ITK??

Elephant Stone
15-05-2018, 10:57 AM

Hope the photos work.

That's one of the best mock ups I've ever seen, so so good.

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 10:59 AM
That's one of the best mock ups I've ever seen, so so good.

Have to agree, I’d definitely buy that shirt.

I’m too lazy too put more detail in my mock ups 😂

RoslinInstHibby
15-05-2018, 11:00 AM

Hope the photos work.

that really is a beauty! would love it to be like thishttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif

Green-Hibee-7
15-05-2018, 11:10 AM
Got no interest in being a ITK poster - just passing on what I’ve been told, which strangely enough came from speaking to someone in marketing at Crystal Palace who claims to me they’ve saw the Hibs strips - I have no idea how this would be tbh. I’ve known him through a few jobs and have no reason to doubt him...

He claims from what he told me the that the home top has a bit more bottle green in it (2 shades of green on the home strip) and again the socks are apparently a different green from the top.

The away top is apparently white. Nothing really given away tbf.

IncredibleHibee
15-05-2018, 11:12 AM

Hope the photos work.

WOW that is an absolute beauty 😍

Stranraer
15-05-2018, 11:34 AM
I loved the Mint kit that was released a few years ago so I'd like to see something similar for our away kit next season. And as for the home kit, the 2011/12 season's one with a dark green stripe across the top would do just fine.

LEaston87
15-05-2018, 11:35 AM

http://media.supercheapauto.com.au/sports/images/zooms/54452601-zoom.jpg

I'd like to see us have a kit like Perth Glory's design with Emerald Green at the top changing into Bottle Green at the bottom.

MrRobot
15-05-2018, 12:25 PM
Dont really understand the fascination with purple tbh.

Green and white home; white and green away for me everytime.

LaMotta
15-05-2018, 12:34 PM
Dont really understand the fascination with purple tbh.

Green and white home; white and green away for me everytime.

Agreed, those purple strip mock ups are brutal.

White with green sleeves is long overdue as a change kit.

15-05-2018, 12:40 PM
white with green sleeves away strip PLEASE

Squirrel 1875
15-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Announce purple kit.

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 12:44 PM
Agreed, those purple strip mock ups are brutal.

White with green sleeves is long overdue as a change kit.

Cheers 😂

One Day Soon
15-05-2018, 12:47 PM
white with green sleeves away strip PLEASE

CockneyRebel
15-05-2018, 12:51 PM
I just hope they veer away from these "fitted" kits that make everyone of a certain age/shape look like a bloated zeppelin. Kits that fit like a second skin have a limited market.

Bristolhibby
15-05-2018, 12:56 PM
I just hope they veer away from these "fitted" kits that make everyone of a certain age/shape look like a bloated zeppelin. Kits that fit like a second skin have a limited market.

Agreed. Or like having fitted women’s tops, have a “beer belly” version.

Happy in the chest and arms thank you Macron, now add a bit to the gut. Like those maternity trousers. NEVER taper in at the waist. That only suits my 9 and 7 year old boys.

J

Sean1875
15-05-2018, 12:56 PM

In fairness when Celtc played us at ER this season they just used the previous seasons away strip due to both their away and 3rd strip clashing with our home (Only Celtc would have the arrogance to bring out 3 green strips for a season :rolleyes:) so nothing stopping us doing that next year if needs be. Especially as this seasons away strip is a thing of beauty :thumbsup:

Keith_M
15-05-2018, 01:55 PM

Dark Blue with green trim, please!

:pray:

renato
15-05-2018, 02:09 PM
Sassuolo in Italy have had some absolute belters for away kits recently. Would love something similar to any of these, for our away top (particularly the first, with matching green sleeves :drool:):

20764 20765 20766

The_Horde
15-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Announce purple kit.

Never understood the obsession with purple strips. My da and his pals banged on about it for years until 2016.

Elephant Stone
15-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Have to agree, I’d definitely buy that shirt.

I’m too lazy too put more detail in my mock ups 😂

Nah your purple ones are bang on I'd say :top marks Would prefer purple socks to the white ones myself though.

LaMotta
15-05-2018, 03:11 PM
Cheers 😂

Sorry mate, just really dont like purple strips!

White with green sleeves, do it :greengrin

Sean1875
15-05-2018, 04:52 PM
I see Aberdeen have released pictures of next seasons home strip already. Wonder if we can expect an announcement soon or whether we will do our standard release after every other team in Scotland!

mentalhibee
15-05-2018, 04:55 PM
I see Aberdeen have released pictures of next seasons home strip already. Wonder if we can expect an announcement soon or whether we will do our standard release after every other team in Scotland!

Was told the top will be out for sale in June by a member of staff in the club shop.

BlackSheep
15-05-2018, 05:04 PM
So far the Scottish Premiership teams to have revealed/released their kits for next season are:-

Celtic
Aberdeen
Kilmarnock
and Dundee

Leaving:-

Hibs
Hearts
Rangers
Hamilton
Motherwell
St Mirren
and St Johnstone

The last spot goes to either Livi (who haven't revealed/released a kit for next season yet)
or Partick Thistle (who also haven't revealed/released a kit for next season yet).

Hoping for at least a reveal soon, if they are to be sold from June.

Last season's home kit went on sale 14th June and the Away on 30th June... could be the same this year fro the sound of it.

SouthMoroccoStu
15-05-2018, 05:18 PM
Is it just me or do we always seem to be among the last to release our new shirts

Couple of times recently we’ve missed the start of the summer holidays which a lot of people want the new shirt for going away

ElginHibbie
15-05-2018, 05:24 PM
Is it just me or do we always seem to be among the last to release our new shirts

Couple of times recently we’ve missed the start of the summer holidays which a lot of people want the new shirt for going away

I’m sure last years delay was due to not extending with Marathon Bet until pretty late on, so as it was a two/three year deal with them hopefully be a lot earlier

Wee Effen Bee
15-05-2018, 06:02 PM
I made a vow in the 90s, after watching the CEO (?) of Nike attempting to justify the use of sweatshops, never to buy Nike products again. My stance was further emboldened after Nike’s pretend change of heart a few years back. This meant I never bought a Hibs top when we were sponsored by that mob. The thing is, I’ve found that the ‘cheaper’ companies’ gear such as Macron appear to be of very good quality. My only wish now is for Adidas to fix their human/workers’ rights violations and design the Hibs strips akin to those of the Mickey Weir era. The strips with the 3 stripes were class!

Stranraer
16-05-2018, 08:25 AM
here's Aberdeen's new kit (http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/aberdeen-2018-2019-adidas-home-kit.html)

Boring in my view.

Jones28
16-05-2018, 08:29 AM
here's Aberdeen's new kit (http://www.footballshirtculture.com/18/19-Kits/aberdeen-2018-2019-adidas-home-kit.html)

Boring in my view.

Quietly sophisticated - is there much you can do with an all red top? I think the stripes are quite smart.

Elephant Stone
16-05-2018, 08:41 AM

Boring in my view.

That is disgusting :hilarious

sauzee=legend
16-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Boring shirt IMO aswell

oldbutdim
16-05-2018, 08:57 AM

Boring in my view.

Meh.

J-C
16-05-2018, 08:59 AM
Meh.

TBF there's not a lot you can do with an all red kit, not a lot of options.

Bristolhibby
16-05-2018, 11:08 AM

Boring in my view.

Is that not the Scotland away shirt template, except in red?

J

Geo_1875
16-05-2018, 11:11 AM

Boring in my view.

An understated classic. They've never gone for flash.

Brightside
16-05-2018, 11:26 AM

Boring in my view.

Stock item kit. This place would melt if we brought that out.

Peevemor
16-05-2018, 11:48 AM

Especially since it's red. :agree:

bodhibs
16-05-2018, 01:07 PM

Boring in my view.
Have to agree, boring as but like others have said difficult to do anything with all red. Perfect fit for a boring missionary position of a club.

Iggy Pope
16-05-2018, 01:47 PM

I'd love to see a Hibs kit with some orange in it beside our glorious green. Would perplex the Huns and Sparryheids to absolute ****.

HoboHarry
16-05-2018, 01:49 PM
Baaaaaaaaaa.
Fixed that for you......

Bayern Bru
16-05-2018, 09:10 PM
I'd love to see a Hibs kit with some orange in it beside our glorious green. Would perplex the Huns and Sparryheids to absolute ****.

Some orange beside the green, you say? :greengrin

Fritz
16-05-2018, 09:18 PM

As much as I (strongly) dislike Aberdeen, I have to say I think that's quite a nice kit. Understated but smart. And harks back to the 1985 era kit. If Hibs did something similar this place would lap it up.

LancsHibs
16-05-2018, 09:57 PM

Boring in my view.

Yes boring Adidas stock template kit, I’m glad they don’t make our kits

HibeesLA
16-05-2018, 10:08 PM
As much as I (strongly) dislike Aberdeen, I have to say I think that's quite a nice kit. Understated but smart. And harks back to the 1985 era kit. If Hibs did something similar this place would lap it up.

I think the 2018 looks better than the original.

oldbutdim
16-05-2018, 10:46 PM
Fixed that for you......

Glad somebody picked up on it.

:aok:

Pick tup.

LaMotta
16-05-2018, 11:15 PM
Yes boring Adidas stock template kit, I’m glad they don’t make our kits

Just cause its a template doesnt mean its bad. Would much prefer Adidas to Macron.

jabis
16-05-2018, 11:20 PM
Just cause its a template doesnt mean its bad. Would much prefer Adidas to Macron.

Would much prefer weird fish to adidas.

Austinho
16-05-2018, 11:32 PM
Just cause its a template doesnt mean its bad. Would much prefer Adidas to Macron.Exactly - some of our Nike templates (quality aside) were some of the best looking kits we’ve had in the past 30 years.

LaMotta
16-05-2018, 11:37 PM
Would much prefer weird fish to adidas.

Nope, I'm lost.

Exactly - some of our Nike templates (quality aside) were some of the best looking kits we’ve had in the past 30 years.

Indeed. The 2016 cup final winner is surely the greatest Hibs strip of all time. Their only let down was the abysmal famous five all green top failure of a tribute.

1van Sprou7e
16-05-2018, 11:39 PM
Nope, I'm lost.

Indeed. The 2016 cup final winner is surely the greatest Hibs strip of all time. Their only let down was the abysmal famous five all green top failure of a tribute.

The fact it had white socks was a big let down imho

LaMotta
16-05-2018, 11:42 PM
The fact it had white socks was a big let down imho

Less traditional so I take your point but I actually think it looks better. The 1991 skol cup home strip also had white socks and it was a classic!

Austinho
16-05-2018, 11:51 PM
Less traditional so I take your point but I actually think it looks better. The 1991 skol cup home strip also had white socks and it was a classic!I also prefer us in white socks. Also, am I imagining it, or do we tend to win more in white socks too?

My biggest no no for a Hibs kit is green shorts - a phase we seemed to go through in the mid to late 2000s.

Brightside
17-05-2018, 06:54 AM

Adidas kit is cheap tat. Macron has much better manufacturing practice and we have an open design book with them.

Dalianwanda
17-05-2018, 06:57 AM
Adidas kit is cheap tat. Macron has much better manufacturing practice and we have an open design book with them.
This! I love Adidas stuff however the strips are very bland and the only thing good about them is the prestige of the name.

Macron like Marathon Bet are a smaller name but show us some love & care ❤️

ian cruise
17-05-2018, 07:22 AM

Totally agree with the first point but I'm very happy we don't have Adidas, I just never seem to like their strips. Its more about their branding than promoting the team the strip is for.

I wasn't sure about Macron when announced but I've been really happy with both their offerings so far, look forward to seeing next seasons.

hibstag
17-05-2018, 07:26 AM
An understated classic. They've never gone for flash.

Looks like a modern `Retro`style based on eighties kits similar to other new adidas kits (84 85)

calumhibee1
17-05-2018, 07:36 AM

Agree. People get to hung up on the fact someone will have a similar template. I could understand if you were Aberdeen and literally any team with a red top could have the exact same top but our colours are so unique that nobody will have the same.

ian cruise
17-05-2018, 07:39 AM
Agree. People get to hung up on the fact someone will have a similar template. I could understand if you were Aberdeen and literally any team with a red top could have the exact same top but our colours are so unique that nobody will have the same.

Apart from Werder Bremen and Portland Timberwolves?

Pretty Boy
17-05-2018, 07:45 AM
The Macron training and leisure gear blows Nike out the water for range, quality and price. It's not my thing but I appreciate it's importance. It would be the same with Adidas. They will design a bespoke range for Man Utd, Bayern Munich et al. We'd get a few stock Adidas polo shirts with a Hibs badge stuck on wherever it fits. The Nike jackets with the Hibs badge on the 'wrong' side were laughably bad.

It's not just about the top on the park but the whole commercial package that goes with it.

Brightside
17-05-2018, 08:39 AM
https://twitter.com/MacronSports/status/997032544469180417

Maybe a third kit with Sunshine on Leith? :greengrin

Elephant Stone
17-05-2018, 08:47 AM

That's very nice

Hibbyradge
17-05-2018, 09:21 AM

A kit like that would sell tens of thousands.

Would the Proclaimers record label waive their copyright...?

Brightside
17-05-2018, 09:23 AM
A kit like that would sell tens of thousands.

Would the Proclaimers record label waive their copyright...?

Use it to raise funds for HSL :wink:

mentalhibee
17-05-2018, 09:28 AM
Less traditional so I take your point but I actually think it looks better. The 1991 skol cup home strip also had white socks and it was a classic!

It was green socks in the 1991 cup final. Occasionally wore white socks that season as the away strip was just the home in reverse.

Jones28
17-05-2018, 09:32 AM
Exactly - some of our Nike templates (quality aside) were some of the best looking kits we’ve had in the past 30 years.

The 15/16 kit was a belter. Also special because of the cup won. Otherwise the other Nike kits we had were *****.

WellingtonHibby
17-05-2018, 09:43 AM

Very much agreed. The quality and manufacture of the kit is much better and the fact we can design our own is rare nowadays

Bristolhibby
17-05-2018, 09:45 AM

Nope. The Scotland Adidas offerings are uninspiring off the shelf kits.

The only bonus would be the potential to revive some Adidas Originals League Cup shirt re-runs.

That would be a licence to print money for Hibs/Adidas.

I like the Macron stuff (apart from the bonkers sizing, I have to go in and try on because it varies so much). Not easy when you live in the South West of England.

J

LaMotta
17-05-2018, 09:47 AM

This! I love Adidas stuff however the strips are very bland and the only thing good about them is the prestige of the name.

Macron like Marathon Bet are a smaller name but show us some love & care ❤️

Fair enough re build quality, however Macron aesthetics are ugly imo. The collar on this year's top is shocking and the glory glory writing on back of strip not good either.

One man's bland is another man's understated classic:greengrin

LaMotta
17-05-2018, 09:50 AM
The 15/16 kit was a belter. Also special because of the cup won. Otherwise the other Nike kits we had were *****.

Last year's was great!

The Butcher relegation strip was a good looking strip but I can understand the desire to eradicate it from memory.

Souter96Mac
17-05-2018, 09:51 AM

Quality kit, I'd buy a Hibs one for sure.

Elephant Stone
17-05-2018, 09:57 AM

The Nike kits were some of the best we've had, no messing about, just simple and aesthetically pleasing strips. Puma on the other hand owe us an apology :bitchy:

Hibs90
17-05-2018, 11:03 AM
Keep it simple, something like this?

https://preview.ibb.co/nPXdQd/Homekit.png

And an away kit..ignore the ***** detail just threw it together in 2 minutes

https://preview.ibb.co/iZmrBJ/hibsaway.png

.Sean.
17-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Hopefully. I like this years away but there’s just too much going on with the home kit for me.

Just Jimmy
17-05-2018, 11:54 AM
I hate macron. They look naff like a cheap rugby league shirt or a formula one suit.

Stick to green and white. Hibs badge manufacturer logo and sponsor

My_Wife_Camille
17-05-2018, 11:54 AM

not for me, not a fan of white shoulders and green collars

McSwanky
17-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Controversial, but how about we just keep the same kits for another season? Speaking as a parent, they're expensive enough as it is without having to shell out for a new one every 12 months.

I know it's been like this for 20 years or so, but it's just another example of clubs cashing in on fans' loyalty IMO.

Yours,

McGrumpy

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Bobo
17-05-2018, 12:18 PM

Make the shoulders green and put a White collar on the first one and you have a winner :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
17-05-2018, 12:21 PM
I hate macron. They look naff like a cheap rugby league shirt or a formula one suit.

Stick to green and white. Hibs badge manufacturer logo and sponsor

Couldn't disagree more .... I had sworn never to buy anything but a retro shirt after the 16/17 season, but the Macron one was so good I had to have it, possibly the best Hibs top produced in the last 30 years IMO .. I absolutely loved it. I cant see them topping it this time, so its back to retro for me, might buy the away top to play walking football in if its a good one.

CMac1988
17-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Quality wise the macron strip is probably the best we've had in a while. The logo on the shoulders though... :sick:

Austinho
17-05-2018, 01:42 PM
The 15/16 kit was a belter. Also special because of the cup won. Otherwise the other Nike kits we had were *****.:confused: You've got to be kidding... The 2013-14 and 2016-17 home kits are up there as two of the greatest kits we've had in the last few decades! Proper Hibs shirts, and the proper shade of green too.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/liam-fontaine-in-action-for-hibernian-during-the-preseason-friendly-picture-id579685358?k=6&m=579685358&s=594x594&w=0&h=aURnJtIr-8Mp0qpoDq4T5NYro2zfVzWbJZ_7aPa1P4Y=

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/a3f8e180a9834f2d9989de53fcb45d46/soccer-uefa-europa-league-second-round-qualifier-second-leg-hibernian-g6c8k5.jpg

Austinho
17-05-2018, 01:46 PM
Make the shoulders green and put a White collar on the first one and you have a winner :agree:You mean "change the whole design" and you'll like it? :wink:

Keith_M
17-05-2018, 01:52 PM
:confused: You've got to be kidding... The 2013-14 and 2016-17 home kits are up there as two of the greatest kits we've had in the last few decades! Proper Hibs shirts, and the proper shade of green too.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/liam-fontaine-in-action-for-hibernian-during-the-preseason-friendly-picture-id579685358?k=6&m=579685358&s=594x594&w=0&h=aURnJtIr-8Mp0qpoDq4T5NYro2zfVzWbJZ_7aPa1P4Y=

...pic removed...

That first strip is the best.

thorbs
17-05-2018, 02:10 PM

I'd be into this like a dug eating chips!

Was excited when Macron was announced last year but slightly disappointed when the kits were actually released. Both had too much going on for my liking, keep it simple and you can't go wrong.

The product on the park made the kits look better to me though.

BlackSheep
17-05-2018, 02:28 PM
Simple and Clean

LaMotta
17-05-2018, 03:04 PM
:confused: You've got to be kidding... The 2013-14 and 2016-17 home kits are up there as two of the greatest kits we've had in the last few decades! Proper Hibs shirts, and the proper shade of green too.

http://l7.alamy.com/zooms/a3f8e180a9834f2d9989de53fcb45d46/soccer-uefa-europa-league-second-round-qualifier-second-leg-hibernian-g6c8k5.jpg

:agree:

Your choice of model helps too, ladies would approve haha

LaMotta
17-05-2018, 03:06 PM
Simple and Clean

That away kit is more like it :thumbsup:

SteveHFC
17-05-2018, 03:25 PM
Simple and Clean

They would sell out in minutes.

.Sean.
17-05-2018, 03:40 PM
Simple and Clean

Yep, and even though the away might clash with Celtic we could just wear all green against them.

Elephant Stone
17-05-2018, 04:09 PM

That shade of green in the Fontaine strip absolutely beautiful, nice dark emerald green but not quite bottle green. If it was up to me that would be the definitive Hibs colour. If it had white folds on the socks that would be pretty much perfect.

GreenNWhiteArmy
17-05-2018, 04:16 PM
Simple and Clean

Oh my, I'm in love 😍

worcesterhibby
17-05-2018, 04:16 PM

Is Fonts wearing shin-pads suitable for a 8-12 year old in that picture ?

Pete70
17-05-2018, 04:22 PM
I've heard the home kit is 2 shades of green, 1 being emerald. Dont know the other shade or the design though. Away kit is white.

bingo70
17-05-2018, 04:24 PM
I've heard the home kit is 2 shades of green, 1 being emerald. Dont know the other shade or the design though. Away kit is white.

I love white away strips. Really hope what you’re saying is correct.

Diclonius
17-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Half and half emerald-bottle green would be amazing.

The kit should always be bottle green though.

Bobo
17-05-2018, 05:25 PM
You mean "change the whole design" and you'll like it? :wink:

Well I’m a traditional auld git 🇳🇬🇳🇬

SouthMoroccoStu
17-05-2018, 05:27 PM

Big Scoop by Pete

Thanks for sharing pal

Renfrew_Hibby
17-05-2018, 05:32 PM
2 shades of green? Might it possibly be a half'n'half shirt like what the Portland Timbers had a couple of years ago?

ian cruise
17-05-2018, 05:57 PM
2 shades of green? Might it possibly be a half'n'half shirt like what the Portland Timbers had a couple of years ago?

Would prefer it if it was a top that started emerald green and got darker as it went down rather than a straight half and half. Really couldn't take to the Portland top.

BlackSheep
17-05-2018, 06:10 PM

Ooooh.... where/who did u hear this from?? I like the sound of it.

BlackSheep
17-05-2018, 06:12 PM

https://goo.gl/images/WyxcRg

Like this.... not my first choice, but definitely intrigued.

Pete70
17-05-2018, 07:30 PM
Ooooh.... where/who did u hear this from?? I like the sound of it.

Won’t name the source but I was told the club were shooting the promo pics/vid a few days ago.

Just Jimmy
17-05-2018, 07:39 PM
https://goo.gl/images/WyxcRg

Like this.... not my first choice, but definitely intrigued.I bloody hope not.

BlackSheep
17-05-2018, 08:15 PM
Won’t name the source but I was told the club were shooting the promo pics/vid a few days ago.

Brilliant, good news.... hope we get a wee sneak peak or teaser soon :)

While we wait for that... some food for thought...

Dalianwanda
17-05-2018, 08:32 PM

Very nice indeed :agree::flag:

ChrissyG1875
18-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Am I right in saying that if you're in Europe you need to have a 3rd strip?

Bristolhibby
18-05-2018, 02:06 PM
Am I right in saying that if you're in Europe you need to have a 3rd strip?

Apparently so. Although I haven’t seen it written anywhere.

A perfect excuse to have a white shirt with green sleeves.

J

Elephant Stone
18-05-2018, 02:08 PM
Dundee United know how to make a strip:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdacDMeVMAAd8G9.jpg

1van Sprou7e
18-05-2018, 02:09 PM

Not a fan of that, hopefully it's a gradual change rather half and half

Brightside
18-05-2018, 02:11 PM

Brightside
18-05-2018, 02:11 PM

minging.

weecounty hibby
18-05-2018, 02:14 PM

Plain Nike tee shirt that has a football badge on it and a sponsors logo. £50 please, total rip off. It is pretty crap looking to me

Elephant Stone
18-05-2018, 02:22 PM
Plain Nike tee shirt that has a football badge on it and a sponsors logo. £50 please, total rip off. It is pretty crap looking to me

I think it's tidy. If you support Dundee United then that's gonna be a popular one.