PDA

View Full Version : Any info on next season’s kits...?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Forever_Green93
01-06-2018, 02:41 PM
Am i the only one who doesn't mind the new kits? It's good to step away from a traditional design once in a while.

The only thing i dislike about the away kit is that the Marathon bet logo should've been green instead of red, and maybe the collar could've been green as well.

CRAZYHIBBY
01-06-2018, 02:43 PM
Its honking

BlackSheep
01-06-2018, 02:45 PM
GK shirt is nice

worcesterhibby
01-06-2018, 02:46 PM
I love the new Home top....it's gonna be a classic, people will be begging companies to do replicas in 20 years time. ! FACT.

Eaststandee
01-06-2018, 02:47 PM
That away strip is bloody toidy.

Take my money.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Liam6270
01-06-2018, 02:48 PM
I like them both! Is the collar on the away the same as the last home kit?

Alex Trager
01-06-2018, 02:49 PM
The away one is superb

GreenCastle
01-06-2018, 02:50 PM
New GK shirt is very smart.

In a short space of time the home kit has grown on me.

Surprised we didn't have anyone from Hibs women's model it also to help promote the women's football side.

BegbieHSC
01-06-2018, 02:50 PM
See how in the away kit sponsorship section, we have ‘Marathon’ in red: is it just me or does the ‘Bet’ belowlook blue? On a white background...I hope my eyes deceive me anyway.

Red, white and blue...

Speedway
01-06-2018, 02:54 PM
See how in the away kit sponsorship section, we have ‘Marathon’ in red: is it just me or does the ‘Bet’ belowlook blue? On a white background...I hope my eyes deceive me anyway.

Red, white and blue...

Wait until you see the union jack on the back.

IncredibleHibee
01-06-2018, 02:55 PM

The away kit is actually orange

BegbieHSC

The horror of it all!!! Nah, in all seriousness I do really like the kits...apart from the red, white and blue!

YanYansen

Surprised we didn't have anyone from Hibs women's model it also to help promote the women's football side.

https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/uploads/monthly_2017_02/IMG_6372.GIF.f84234c429fbc3d931caff96b5e54511.GIF

hibbyfraelibby
01-06-2018, 02:59 PM

Will the Ladies not have to stick to the current strips until the end of their season? Also the kids kit normally doesnt have Marathon Bet on them. Have they been leaked?

Brightside
01-06-2018, 03:00 PM

More pictures to come later. And a video.

Nevi_SOL
01-06-2018, 03:05 PM
More pictures to come later. And a video.

🤔

EdinMike
01-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Goalie top for me 👌

scooby
01-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Seriously? You won't be buying the kits for your kids purely because 'you' don't like them?

I've read some weird reactions from some on here about the new strip but that's the oddest for me....

Don't see what's weird about it?
The strips they have from this year are still ok, and they all like them.
Given that i bought six strips last year,the only reason I'd buy new ones is if they were as good or better than this year's, which on the image I've seen doesn't seem to be the case.
It's a shame, as Hibs will now miss out on revenue, but I dont agree with just buying strips regardless. If I like something and can afford it I'll buy, if not I don't.
I don't think I'll be alone.

guthrie01
01-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Away kit looks smart, don’t mind the red logo tbh

That home “kit” however...

I feel Macron try to hard to be different from other companies and end up with a kit which has too much going on when a simpler option with a different twist would suit more people

Smartie
01-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Different collar on the home top and no red in the sponsor on the away one and I reckon they're class.

They're close, but not quite right.

weecounty hibby
01-06-2018, 03:18 PM
They're Hibs strips therefore they are beautiful. They are a wee bit different but I'm almost 50 so really shouldn't be the demographic that is the target. I genuinely think they are ok and I'm sure my son will want at least on of them for his holidays

Brightside
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM
Away kit looks smart, don’t mind the red logo tbh

That home “kit” however...

I feel Macron try to hard to be different from other companies and end up with a kit which has too much going on when a simpler option with a different twist would suit more people

It’s Hibs that design the kit.

California-Hibs
01-06-2018, 03:25 PM
If there was a different collar on the away and the sponsor green matching the sleeves instead of red, it would be an absolute cracker!!

guthrie01
01-06-2018, 03:29 PM
It’s Hibs that design the kit.

Ah my mistake, seems a pattern for most Macro strips though. If that’s what Hibs think will bring in the most money then fair play, but I won’t be buying one this year

SRHibs
01-06-2018, 03:42 PM
I get the feeling the ‘bespokeness’ is just a bunch of premade things that customers can choose and chuck into one kit. It’s almost like they get a checklist of things for the kit: “Aye, we’ll take the 2 tone design, a dodgy collar, and chuck some diamonds on there too”.

Less is more, Hibs.

RossScott1991
01-06-2018, 03:45 PM
think they are rank, one worst in recent years. I don't mind change every soo often, but I feel like we are constantly getting away from tradition too much. Been having a look at old kits, seems last 10 years we are trying be very outrageous with the colours. Bring back good old days, the simple classic kit we wore 6.2 v hearts. or sauzee bombing one in at tynie millennium derby in that beautiful kit.

I even preferred the one under Mowbray when it was all green.

Johnny_Leith
01-06-2018, 03:47 PM
Love the home one. The away one I'm not sure on.

Looking forward to seeing them in the flesh before making my mind up.

weecounty hibby
01-06-2018, 03:48 PM
I honestly don't get the hysteria, it's not like we've changed the colour to blooded turd, or decided to make a strip in the colours of some upper class knob as we beg him for cash. It's a Hibs strip, it's green with white sleeves and has the Hibs crest on the chest. What's inside the strip is way more important

chasitup
01-06-2018, 03:51 PM
I honestly don't get the hysteria, it's not like we've changed the colour to blooded turd, or decided to make a strip in the colours of some upper class knob as we beg him for cash. It's a Hibs strip, it's green with white sleeves and has the Hibs crest on the chest. What's inside the strip is way more important

That’s far too sensible. It’ll never catch on.

CapitalGreen
Grown men getting hysterical over the design of a football strip is always funny.

The only time I'll get annoyed with a kit design is when no effort has been made in it's development (see 13/14 and 14/15), something which certainly can't be leveled at next seasons kits.

Juniper Greens

But...but...blooded turds don’t show on a maroon strip...luckily for Potter

worcesterhibby
01-06-2018, 03:53 PM
or decided to make a strip in the colours of some upper class knob as we beg him for cash.

:faf::faf::not worth:top marks

Renfrew_Hibby
01-06-2018, 04:00 PM
Bunch of grown men debating a football top. We will always have our favourites,but it seems to be a generational thing.
I love the skol cup strips but i was 13 then. I'm sure we all look back fondly on the kits of our childhoods.
The point i'm making is, if you were to poll a bunch of our lets say 8 - 15 year old fans then it wouldn't suprise me if this was a very popular kit with them.
Going with our “next generation" theme,if this style is popular with the kids then that wins it for me. Leeann has prioritised engagement with schoolkids and youth as thats how we will grow going forward.

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Broke my self imposed auld farts shouldn't buy replica tops rule last year because I thought the home strip was absolute class and the best one we have had for years .... if the picture of the new ones is genuine I can re impose the rule because I don't like either of them, at least not from the picture :bitchy:

The home top collar looks unbalanced and just weird.
The socks .... any socks on a Hibs home strip should have white tops ..... WHITE TOPS FFS !!!

I have never been a fan of green sleeves on a white top and I haven't changed my mind after seeing this one.

But then I thought the green and purple striped 'classic strip' was rank and I hated the 1991 league cup strip as well.

Back to retro for this auld fart :greengrin

worcesterhibby
01-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Bunch of grown men debating a football top. We will always have our favourites,but it seems to be a generational thing.
I love the skol cup strips but i was 13 then. I'm sure we all look back fondly on the kits of our childhoods.
The point i'm making is, if you were to poll a bunch of our lets say 8 - 15 year old fans then it wouldn't suprise me if this was a very popular kit with them.
Going with our “next generation" theme,if this style is popular with the kids then that wins it for me. Leeann has prioritised engagement with shoolskids and youth as thats how we will grow going forward.

I'm 50 and I love them !!

(mind you I am sat here in a Beiber T-shirt, instagraming pictures of cats and endlessly debating who will be on the next series of Celebrity Love Island....oh and by the way, It's totally not fair that my sister has a better phone than me !)

TelaStella
01-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Macron are utter *****. Yes we get a bespoke (or do we? I don’t even know) top but they’ve been chronic.

Folk just like to bash Nike and Adidas because it’s cool to go against the big companies. Nike and Adidas strips are generally way smarter than the smaller brands, albeit other teams might have the same collar as you.

Glad someone else is saying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IGRIGI
01-06-2018, 04:29 PM
I like the shirts to be honest, I'm also a weirdo who prefers the home top :greengrin

Famousfivehh
01-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Must be an age thing. I couldn't care what the strip looks like.
It's what we do on the park that matters.

JimBHibees
01-06-2018, 04:37 PM
I like the shirts to be honest, I'm also a weirdo who prefers the home top :greengrin

Agree think they are both good.

madhatter
01-06-2018, 04:47 PM
Think they look not too bad, need to see them in person but whether you love them or not...

I'd prefer a shocking kit and a brilliant team over a brilliant kit and a shocking team, what about you?

Macron have given us the most unique kits I can remember (most other brands look like t-shirts with logos sown on). Whether you like them or not, if this coming season we finish 2nd...well, they'll be classic kits regardless of perceived quality/appearance now!

My biggest disappointment is the kit release doesn't include Kamberi playing the keyboard, Allan playing bass, McLaren on the drums, Kapic on lead guitar and McGinn singing while pointing to a new contract. That'd make any kit look much better (apart from a maroon coloured one, that is a lost cause).

Sir David Gray
I've just seen them as I've been at work. I can't really understand why there's such an issue with them.

The away one looks really nice and whilst the home one probably isn't my favourite ever Hibs top it's nowhere near as bad as some people are making it out to be.

I'm also not sure why there's such a reaction to the strips being leaked ahead of the official launch.

In today's climate of social media, things rarely get kept a secret. It's a shame but hardly surprising. I would be more shocked if the leak hadn't happened.

MyJo
so after several days of people loving the idea of a vertically split half dark green half light green top followed by a few more days of everyone loving the idea of two tone diamond pattern it’s revealed that it’s actually a very unique and quirky combination of both of these and suddenly everyone hates it...................mental.

SChibs
01-06-2018, 04:51 PM
Just wait till we win the league next season and signed tops go into raffles. I'm sure to win one cause nobody else will be buying tickets since they think it's so bad

madhatter
01-06-2018, 04:52 PM
so after several days of people loving the idea of a vertically split half dark green half light green top followed by a few more days of everyone loving the idea of two tone diamond pattern it’s revealed that it’s actually a very unique and quirky combination of both of these and suddenly everyone hates it...................mental.

Not everyone! I agree that some people are having a mental reaction to these kits though!

blackpoolhibs
With the home top being green with white sleeves, as usual i will be able to recognise us when in possession of the ball and players available to receive it.

I wont be buying it, as i'm to old and the wrong shape, although that does not seem to deter most of you. :wink:

ian cruise
I think part of the issue is the marketing picture, every one of the players looks so bloomin awkward. Compare that to last year with big Fonts strolling around the biscuit factory like a male model and it makes a difference. The top they've put on Shaw looks a couple of sizes too big too.

Still like the tops, will definitely be getting at least one of them.

Alex Trager
01-06-2018, 04:53 PM
Don't see what's weird about it?
The strips they have from this year are still ok, and they all like them.
Given that i bought six strips last year,the only reason I'd buy new ones is if they were as good or better than this year's, which on the image I've seen doesn't seem to be the case.
It's a shame, as Hibs will now miss out on revenue, but I dont agree with just buying strips regardless. If I like something and can afford it I'll buy, if not I don't.
I don't think I'll be alone.

I think the point was if your kids like them then surely you buy them for them, if you can, rather than if you like them?

Unseen work
01-06-2018, 04:53 PM
From the photo.

The home top looks like a dodgy fake top you would get abroad

NAE NOOKIE
01-06-2018, 04:56 PM
I'll laugh my arse off if this is a stunt by Hibs and the two strips are in fact entirely different from the leaked photo :greengrin

madhatter
01-06-2018, 04:57 PM
From the photo.

The home top looks like a dodgy fake top you would get abroad

A low res copy of the image will do that for most strips. Imagine Arsenal fans when they saw their home strip (if it was leaked)?

Lets all chill out a little and wait for official release.

People seem to be getting worked up over kits. I honestly would be quite happy for Hibs to have a pink away strip if we had a really successful team on the park (home strip needs to stay fairly traditional though!). It's the player that wear it, not the kit itself!

madhatter
01-06-2018, 05:01 PM
Still can't understand why they are all standing like they are about to be shot in the photo, especially Shaw. Maybe they were anticipating this reaction and got tense!

Did the photographer accidentally say "If you could all get into the firing line" instead of "If you could all stand in a line". Crazy how tense they look in all seriousness...

HFC_NYC
01-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Could it be that the leaked pic is a B-roll shot that someone got hold of and then sent to his pals. I'm sure the official pics will do it justice. I don't think the awkward poses are part of the official reveal.

Perd Hapley
01-06-2018, 05:15 PM
If Leeann or anyone from Marathon Bet or whoever is looking in here and wondering - change the red logo on the away top to green and you'll have a stone cold classic that'll sell out

IMO

Since90+2
01-06-2018, 05:16 PM
If Leeann or anyone from Marathon Bet or whoever is looking in here and wondering - change the red logo on the away top to green and you'll have a stone cold classic that'll sell out

IMO

Agreed.

LordBamba
01-06-2018, 05:20 PM
If the home kit had a normal bit around the neck it would look so much better. It’s like a weird button flap

Bristolhibby
01-06-2018, 05:24 PM
If the home kit had a normal bit around the neck it would look so much better. It’s like a weird button flap

It’s like last season away collar.

J

tamig
01-06-2018, 05:24 PM
If these are the real kits then I think the doubters are just a bit scared of the unusual designs... they will grow on you I’m sure.

Right now I’m sceptical until I see the reveal later tonight

Or someone posts the link.... these could be plants!!
If these are the real strips I like both. Think the home top is excellent with the transformation from bottle green moving across the strip. Very unusual and quite inmovative.

makaveli1875
01-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Quite like the home top , might haveto buy that . Away top is pretty nice too

weecounty hibby
01-06-2018, 05:35 PM
So as I posted earlier, me - almost 50 not fussed either way and wrong demographic. Son 14 (just home from school all excited about them) - target demographic, is demanding both and says they both look cool.

LordBamba
01-06-2018, 05:37 PM
It’s like last season away collar.

J

I feel last years blended in a bit better. I’m just not a fan of any collar really! (Minus the cup winning one, of course).

Viva_Palmeiras
01-06-2018, 05:39 PM
So I can cut to the chase can someone lemme know which post number the pics are at? #lazyitus #beenALongDay

SteveHFC
01-06-2018, 05:45 PM
So I can cut to the chase can someone lemme know which post number the pics are at? #lazyitus #beenALongDay

just wait till 7:30 this evening :agree:

CapitalGreen
01-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Could it be that the leaked pic is a B-roll shot that someone got hold of and then sent to his pals. I'm sure the official pics will do it justice. I don't think the awkward poses are part of the official reveal.

It’s the banner picture from the Official site news article

Billy Whizz
01-06-2018, 06:04 PM
It’s the banner picture from the Official site news article

Can’t see it?

SRHibs
01-06-2018, 06:05 PM
If these are the real strips I like both. Think the home top is excellent with the transformation from bottle green moving across the strip. Very unusual and quite inmovative.

It’s not exactly innovative considering it’s a stock Macron pattern.

BlackSheep
01-06-2018, 06:09 PM

Well, stock turned sideways.....

Greenbeard
01-06-2018, 06:11 PM
As Shurley McBassie sang, "Diamonds are No' Forever"

SChibs
01-06-2018, 06:19 PM
I think part of the issue is the marketing picture, every one of the players looks so bloomin awkward. Compare that to last year with big Fonts strolling around the biscuit factory like a male model and it makes a difference. The top they've put on Shaw looks a couple of sizes too big too.

Still like the tops, will definitely be getting at least one of them.

Dabrowski is the only one that doesn't look awkward to be fair.

Billy Whizz
01-06-2018, 06:20 PM
Dabrowski is the only one that doesn't look awkward to be fair.

He’s the coolest dude on the planet

CapitalGreen
01-06-2018, 06:27 PM
Can’t see it?

It’s not been published yet.

SteveHFC
01-06-2018, 06:31 PM
has now
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8761

AugustaHibs
No player announcement

madhatter
They look much better in that video. Having said that, I already quite liked them.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2018, 06:32 PM
You know life with hibs is going well when there’s this much pandemonium over the new kit reveal...

Ggtth

Keith_M
01-06-2018, 06:32 PM
Sooooo, it's finally ofishul then

theonlywayisup
01-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Can't believe the negative comments. I like it, a bit different, but still a nice Hibs top.

My_Wife_Camille
01-06-2018, 06:39 PM
it's a wind up. that video was fake etc

erin-go-bragh87
Sometimes a bit of leaked info is great but this whole launch has been ruined by the strips being put up earlier today. We've obviously started putting a lot more effort into these things as a club and its a shame it was spoiled a wee bit. This isn't a dig at anyone who posted it earlier by the way, most of us come on here for a wee bit of inside info that some posters are able to share!

SteveHFC
The home in long sleeve looks smart.

HFCdeb
01-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Both are awful. Such a wasted opportunity with the away kit, in particular.

scooby
01-06-2018, 06:43 PM
Really disappointed, they're not terrible (well apart from the home socks) but could and should have been so much better.

BlackSheep
01-06-2018, 06:53 PM
The away goalie strip is amazing.... it’s exactly what I would have had for the away outfield strip.... might just get one of those!!

Elephant Stone
01-06-2018, 06:54 PM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/18-19-home-jersey-ss-snr-1202.jpg

That is tidy as far as I'm concerned

Perd Hapley
01-06-2018, 06:57 PM
The home in long sleeve looks smart.

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/replica/home-replica/18-19-home-jersey-ls-snr

Agreed. Not personally a fan of the flash of green on the short sleeveshttps://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/18-19-home-jersey-ls-snr-1201.jpg

TelaStella
01-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Does anyone know how long our deal with Macron is or simply how long we have left?

01-06-2018, 07:02 PM
http://twitter.com/HibsOfficial/status/1002618281776304128?s=19

bodhibs
01-06-2018, 07:03 PM
https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/replica/home-replica/18-19-home-jersey-ls-snr

Agreed. Not personally a fan of the flash of green on the short sleeveshttps://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/imagprod/18-19-home-jersey-ls-snr-1201.jpg

That's a beautiful thing, was not convinced with earlier photos but will be getting one nae doubts 😍

Elephant Stone
01-06-2018, 07:03 PM
The away would have been better if the sponsor was green but the red part doesn't look that bad once you get used to it. I think they're both cracking strips and I'll be buying at least one of the shirts for the first time in a long time. Well done Hibs from me :top marks

BegbieHSC
01-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Love them both, and will be buying both on their respective release dates!

tamig
01-06-2018, 07:06 PM
Going with our “next generation" theme,if this style is popular with the kids then that wins it for me. Leeann has prioritised engagement with schoolkids and youth as thats how we will grow going forward.
Unless you are Scooby’s poor kids. Daddy doesn’t like them so no strips for the wee ones.

SRHibs
01-06-2018, 07:13 PM
I really don’t understand the collar. It doesn’t even have a button, lol.

Billychaotic182
01-06-2018, 07:15 PM
I quite like the home one now we can properly see it

Perd Hapley
01-06-2018, 07:20 PM
That's a beautiful thing, was not convinced with earlier photos but will be getting one nae doubts 😍

Mm. I think from a design perspective the issue is the way the design is clustered to the right, which is already the busiest part of the top, rather than centred. Maybe could have done without the '1875' sublimation with that in mind. I'm still a fan though.

I really think Hibs fans are a bit fundamentalist with kit designs. Tradition is fine and all but if someone else released that kit I think we'd be pining about how we never make an effort like that; likewise if Arsenal or Man U released it as a change strip it would probably sell plenty. For what is still essentially a pretty simple kit it's also probably unique in the history of football. 8/10

H18 SFR
01-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Home looks better in the marketing photos.

Away - hmm, not so sure. I wanted a white one but something just doesn't look right.

jabis
01-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Unless you are Scooby’s poor kids. Daddy doesn’t like them so no strips for the wee ones.

Poor wee scoobydoos.

snooky
01-06-2018, 07:26 PM
Nice top but don't like the leafed twigs - a bit too girlie :tin hat: for me. :wink:

WoreTheGreen
01-06-2018, 07:30 PM
Poor wee scoobydoos.

Blame the creepy janny

WhileTheChief..
01-06-2018, 07:30 PM
Bit of emerald, bit of bottle. Everyone’s gotta be happy right :cb

bodhibs
01-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Mm. I think from a design perspective the issue is the way the design is clustered to the right, which is already the busiest part of the top, rather than centred. Maybe could have done without the '1875' sublimation with that in mind. I'm still a fan though.

I really think Hibs fans are a bit fundamentalist with kit designs. Tradition is fine and all but if someone else released that kit I think we'd be pining about how we never make an effort like that; likewise if Arsenal or Man U released it as a change strip it would probably sell plenty. For what is still essentially a pretty simple kit it's also probably unique in the history of football. 8/10

I like the 1875 but now you mention it, it is busy there. Also another poster mentioned the buttonless collar, not so fussed about that but if the 3 white stripes are as poorly stitched as the one in the photo it will be going straight back

calumhibee1
01-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Is it just me that absolutely hates the macron logo on the sleeves?

Sir David Gray
01-06-2018, 07:34 PM
Does anyone know how long our deal with Macron is or simply how long we have left?

Think it was a 3 year deal signed last year so we'll have one more season after this one as it stands.

TelaStella
01-06-2018, 07:40 PM
Think it was a 3 year deal signed last year so we'll have one more season after this one as it stands.

Nice, Adidas next hopefully.

pacoluna
01-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Its good but it's not quite Nigeria.

jabis
01-06-2018, 07:42 PM

Yup.

CMac1988
01-06-2018, 07:47 PM

No. Ruined last season's top and doesn't do any favours for this one either. Irrespective I quite like the home top. Never been a fan of red on white as it clashes with green. Was the same before Marathon bet changed their logo. Ruined the tips a couple of seasons back.

tamig
01-06-2018, 07:47 PM
Yup.

Mmm. Absolutely hate seems a bit strong. I’m quite glad I have a few more concerns in my life.

SouthMoroccoStu
01-06-2018, 07:48 PM
A beeping windows update is delaying me from ordering the new home shirt

F you Bill Gates

01-06-2018, 07:50 PM

Totally agree, think the home top looks really good. Will need to see the away top up close before deciding.

MyJo
01-06-2018, 07:50 PM
Looks much better in the official photos than the leaked ones.

Kinda reminds me of an argyle jumper

Hibbyradge
01-06-2018, 07:55 PM
https://youtu.be/kVgLwUfUyi4

Jones28
01-06-2018, 08:02 PM
Just watched the promo vid, big fan of both - something different. yes the logo on the away kit could be different but both look grand.

Brightside
01-06-2018, 08:02 PM
It does look proper smart in the flesh.

scooby
01-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Poor wee scoobydoos.

More money for scooby snacks

bodhibs
01-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Just had a proper squint at the keepers top, stunning, absolute belter 👍. My favourite of the 3 by far but will still be getting the home

HibeesLA
01-06-2018, 08:49 PM
Just had a proper squint at the keepers top, stunning, absolute belter 👍. My favourite of the 3 by far but will still be getting the home

Watching the video, looks like we have a bright green version as well, modeled by the women’s team keeper? Look forward to seeing the images on the website so I can get a look at front/back and details.

mca
01-06-2018, 09:16 PM
I quite like the home one now we can properly see it

I wasn't impressed by the earlier picture but the New pic makes it look much better.. Quite like the 1875 above the badge..

Not seen the White one close up yet..

Lancs Harp
01-06-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm not generally a fan of "fussy" shirts but I dont mind that shirt, pretty decent for me. Prefer the home shirt to the away shirt.

Last season I would have given both 8/10, this season Im going home 7/10 away 6/10.

pacorosssco
01-06-2018, 09:37 PM

Yes chest enough. Less is more

jabis
01-06-2018, 10:58 PM
More money for scooby snacks

Permission to chortle👏😁

madhatter
01-06-2018, 11:50 PM
It is just me but is the video almost too quick and a bit too snappy with the transitions? Obviously will need to see them in person to get a full appreciation but it just seemed like almost too many effects and transitions to get a good look at the kits in the video!

I’ll probably end up getting both at some point, possibly one at end of season sale though.

CapitalGreen
02-06-2018, 12:06 AM

There’s a lot of stuff I absolutely hate in the world but a logo on the sleeve of a football shirt will probably never really bother me, to each their own as they say.

Austinho
02-06-2018, 12:42 AM
It is just me but is the video almost too quick and a bit too snappy with the transitions? Obviously will need to see them in person to get a full appreciation but it just seemed like almost too many effects and transitions to get a good look at the kits in the video!

I’ll probably end up getting both at some point, possibly one at end of season sale though.Haha yeah, they obviously put a lot of effort into producing it, but to the detriment of the whole point of the video - to show off the kits.

Itsnoteasy
02-06-2018, 07:41 AM
I wasn't impressed by the earlier picture but the New pic makes it look much better.. Quite like the 1875 above the badge..

Not seen the White one close up yet..

You don't need to see it close up.
Red, White & Blue. 😭

Austinho
02-06-2018, 07:52 AM
You don't need to see it close up.
Red, White & Blue. 😭Its not blue, sigh

overdrive
02-06-2018, 08:39 AM
Don’t mind the away one other than the sponsor.

The Home one makes me feel ill looking at it though it’s slightly better from afar. It looks like a naff Pringle jumper.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2018, 11:48 AM
It does look better in the official photos, but its ruined by that collar ... I'll be surprised if either of them sells as well as last years home and away tops.

Marathon bet's logo is red and the white one on the home top was a compromise by them because so many Hibs fans complained about the red on the first strip they were on .... no surprise they've grabbed their chance with a white away top.

Perd Hapley
02-06-2018, 03:28 PM
It does look better in the official photos, but its ruined by that collar ... I'll be surprised if either of them sells as well as last years home and away tops.

Marathon bet's logo is red and the white one on the home top was a compromise by them because so many Hibs fans complained about the red on the first strip they were on .... no surprise they've grabbed their chance with a white away top.

The more I think about it the more hacked off I am with Marathon Bet. There's no way that no one involved in the design process ever questioned the colour of the sponsor on that top. The more I think about it the clearer it seems that Marathon Bet just decided they would get more publicity by ruining a strip than by having their logo emblazoned on one of the best away strips for a while and one for the purists. All it would have taken is a change from red to green.

Not that I have any idea how the design process works - I just find it hard to imagine we're all seeing something professional designers wouldn't.

tamig
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM
The more I think about it the more hacked off I am with Marathon Bet. There's no way that no one involved in the design process ever questioned the colour of the sponsor on that top. The more I think about it the clearer it seems that Marathon Bet just decided they would get more publicity by ruining a strip than by having their logo emblazoned on one of the best away strips for a while and one for the purists. All it would have taken is a change from red to green.

Not that I have any idea how the design process works - I just find it hard to imagine we're all seeing something professional designers wouldn't.
I think saying its ruined the strip is stretching it a bit.

BlackSheep
02-06-2018, 03:36 PM

Unfortunately it’s down to their brand guidelines... if they do not allow the use of single colour mono (green for example) variants of their logo or there is a rule in place that says when on white the full colour version needs to be used then that’s why it’s in colour.

It’s in white on the home strip because there are do’s and dont’s In every brand’s guidelines stating good and bad usage, red on green would be a bad usage as would the blue part of their logo... so it defaults to mono white colour scheme.

It’s highly likely Hibs asked to use a mono variant but were told no, although this is strange as most brands have a full mono white and full mono black version of their logo... in our case the full mono black version should have been used.

That said, Laura Montgomery did say she may be partly to blame for something in the new away kit on her twitter feed, maybe she opted for the full colour variant to add some colour.... what a mistake that would be!!

https://twitter.com/lauramonty4/status/996837710877913089?s=21

hibbyfraelibby
02-06-2018, 03:45 PM
For all those getting worked up over the red lettering of Marathon Bet on the away strip just buy the home one instead...or pay the good money Marathon Bet have invested in the commercial sponsorship so you can dictate instead.

Ps I am colour blind and its all brown/bottle green to me.😎

we are hibs
02-06-2018, 04:50 PM
Will we be able to wear our home.kit against Celtic? Or will we need a third kit?

BlackSheep
02-06-2018, 05:56 PM
New celtic away...

They just copy us don't they :)

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2018/06/celtic-18-19-away-kit.html

Perd Hapley
02-06-2018, 05:58 PM
Unfortunately it’s down to their brand guidelines... if they do not allow the use of single colour mono (green for example) variants of their logo or there is a rule in place that says when on white the full colour version needs to be used then that’s why it’s in colour.

It’s in white on the home strip because there are do’s and dont’s In every brand’s guidelines stating good and bad usage, red on green would be a bad usage as would the blue part of their logo... so it defaults to mono white colour scheme.

It’s highly likely Hibs asked to use a mono variant but were told no, although this is strange as most brands have a full mono white and full mono black version of their logo... in our case the full mono black version should have been used.

That said, Laura Montgomery did say she may be partly to blame for something in the new away kit on her twitter feed, maybe she opted for the full colour variant to add some colour.... what a mistake that would be!!

https://twitter.com/lauramonty4/status/996837710877913089?s=21

Interesting points. I'm maybe in danger of getting a bit carried away here right enough, but it just seems like such a missed opportunity for Hibs and the sponsors - for whom I'm not ungrateful. If both parties were paying attention and saw the light then, you wonder. Given that the away strip is apparently not on release for another couple of weeks I can't help but wonder something could be done - although I suppose at this stage the manufacturing process may be done and dusted. Live in hope.

I think it's still a decent strip regardless btw - I'm just obsessing over its flaw. I can't take my eyes off it

Mantis Toboggan
02-06-2018, 06:00 PM
New celtic away...

Basic but pretty decent kit tbf. Especially compared to that magenta monstrosity they wore at ER recently

scooby
02-06-2018, 06:02 PM

I’ll probably end up getting both at some point, possibly one at end of season sale though.

I feel the same, don't think the launch was particularly good this year, certainly not as slick as last year's.
However, the home kit is growing on me, apart from the socks.

A Hi-Bee
02-06-2018, 06:18 PM
I feel the same, don't think the launch was particularly good this year, certainly not as slick as last year's.
However, the home kit is growing on me, apart from the socks.

Apparently, the Nigeria Strip has received over 3,000,000 orders, up to now, big money spinner if you can get it right.
Don't see the appeal myself as it looks like a cyclist shirt to me, but I aint no fashionista.
As long as the Hibs top is green (any shade of) it will do for me, its whats inside that counts.
:greengrin

Glory Lurker
02-06-2018, 06:24 PM
New celtic away...

130th anniversary kit :faf:. Aye, the milestone 130. Mind the general view on us having a 140th? They might have stolen our club, but they didn’t take our class.

anon1875
02-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Both kits are pretty poor imo. The Nike kits were more desirable.

Why don't they keep it simple with a nice collar? Disappointing kits for two years in a row now.

Heedersnvolleys
02-06-2018, 08:40 PM
I like them both, new positive me 😂

Jonnyboy
02-06-2018, 08:51 PM
Apparently, the Nigeria Strip has received over 3,000,000 orders, up to now, big money spinner if you can get it right.
Don't see the appeal myself as it looks like a cyclist shirt to me, but I aint no fashionista.
As long as the Hibs top is green (any shade of) it will do for me, its whats inside that counts.
:greengrin

Nigeria top looks like an explosion in a paint factory!

I really like the away top and am not at all fussed that Marathon Bet decided to use their corporate colours for the logo. They've paid a bundle for the privilege after all

Mainstandman
02-06-2018, 09:01 PM
Saw the top up close in the shop today. Defo more technical fabric with more stretch in it. Looks good, I'll be in early next week for one with the lad.

JimBHibees
02-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Got to be said thought the Nigeria strip was meant to be some design masterpiece honestly haven't seen worse top in years. Horrific.

Austinho
02-06-2018, 09:44 PM

https://twitter.com/lauramonty4/status/996837710877913089?s=21Wasn’t a problem for them last year though.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/6T1BOb-GU__IE8XJ-Y6iG6e0UpAySr1Hp2Isp_xBZebp06D7GQnAiKxJA2dJJUC0mcQ w_th_-AuQCUt-gP9-lEQ1BrlXEBuX_lejB8QpOWhWk1ddii3D1vc=w360-h240-nc

Scott Allan Key
02-06-2018, 10:06 PM
Got to be said thought the Nigeria strip was meant to be some design masterpiece honestly haven't seen worse top in years. Horrific.

There are over 300 mn people in Nigeria so 3 mn preorders in a football daft country and rich by African standards isn’t entirely surprising. Still impressive.

My_Wife_Camille
02-06-2018, 11:16 PM
Wasn’t a problem for them last year though.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/proxy/6T1BOb-GU__IE8XJ-Y6iG6e0UpAySr1Hp2Isp_xBZebp06D7GQnAiKxJA2dJJUC0mcQ w_th_-AuQCUt-gP9-lEQ1BrlXEBuX_lejB8QpOWhWk1ddii3D1vc=w360-h240-nc
Boom, roasted.

BlackSheep
03-06-2018, 06:37 AM
Wasn’t a problem for them last year though.

And there you go....

My final point was that someone at hibs was responsible, last year’s Away GK top proving that it wasn’t due to Brand Guidlines and was most likely a choice. I did say it was strange that they didn’t use a mono black logo.

I was merely offering an explanation to the possibilities.

BoomtownHibees
03-06-2018, 08:43 AM
And there you go....

My final point was that someone at hibs was responsible, last year’s Away GK top proving that it wasn’t due to Brand Guidlines and was most likely a choice. I did say it was strange that they didn’t use a mono black logo.

How much better is this?

BlackSheep
03-06-2018, 09:08 AM
How much better is this?

Yup.... but sometimes you gotta roll with the punches.

SeanWilson
03-06-2018, 09:28 AM
And there you go....

Maybe we got a wee bit more cash for using correct colours? 🤔

HFCdeb
03-06-2018, 09:35 AM
How much better is this?

I'd buy that without any hesitation.

calumhibee1
03-06-2018, 09:53 AM
There’s a lot of stuff I absolutely hate in the world but a logo on the sleeve of a football shirt will probably never really bother me, to each their own as they say.

Wow that’s so cool, can I be like you? Ok, I’ll rephrase it since were being really picky. I don’t like the logo on the sleeve at all, I think it looks really really crap and the top looks significantly worse with it than it would without it. Better?

w pilton hibby
03-06-2018, 10:00 AM
How much better is this?

Prefer the original.

Just Jimmy
03-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Maybe we got a wee bit more cash for using correct colours? [emoji848]maybe. hopefully cos it'll make up for the cash the club misses out on having delivered a horrible home kit that's apart from having some green and white and a hibs badge is nothing like a hibs kit, and ruining a potential cracker of an away kit with a silly sponsors logo. I get that many will still buy them but I wouldn't think it's miles out to suggest this may be the worst selling home kit in years.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

BoomtownHibees
03-06-2018, 10:03 AM
Prefer the original.

You prefer red and blue to green? 👍🏼

Mr Grieves
03-06-2018, 10:03 AM
There are over 300 mn people in Nigeria so 3 mn preorders in a football daft country and rich by African standards isn’t entirely surprising. Still impressive.

I think you've overestimated the population of Nigeria by about a 100 million but you've made a fair point. That, and the fact that their kit is cool as **** with some slick promoting

BoomtownHibees
03-06-2018, 10:04 AM
maybe. hopefully cos it'll make up for the cash the club misses out on having delivered a horrible home kit that's apart from having some green and white and a hibs badge is nothing like a hibs kit, and ruining a potential cracker of an away kit with a silly sponsors logo. I get that many will still buy them but I wouldn't think it's miles out to suggest this may be the worst selling home kit in years.

The home top looks a lot better in the flesh

w pilton hibby
03-06-2018, 10:06 AM
You prefer red and blue to green? 👍🏼

No. I would prefer green. But as the choice I commented on was the original or the photoshopped example I preferred the original.

Centre Hawf
03-06-2018, 10:07 AM
This doesn’t look Blue to me.

BoomtownHibees
03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
No. I would prefer green. But as the choice I commented on was the original or the photoshopped example I preferred the original.

The only diff on the photoshopped version was a green sponsor instead of red

My_Wife_Camille
03-06-2018, 10:15 AM
I’m definitely getting checked for colourblindness because for me the logo on that photoshopped one is definitely grey and not green

BoomtownHibees
03-06-2018, 10:25 AM
I’m definitely getting checked for colourblindness because for me the logo on that photoshopped one is definitely grey and not green

It’s greeny grey 😉

BegbieHSC
03-06-2018, 10:28 AM
How much better is this?

Literally the perfect away top 😭😭

18Craig75
03-06-2018, 10:37 AM
Could be that Marathon Bet wanted to have the corporate logo on the strip for greater exposure in the European games. Obviously doesn’t apply to the home strip as it wouldn’t be as apparent.

They’ve been great sponsors and no doubt ploughed in a decent amount of cash, so I don’t think it’s too much of a compromise, especially given it’s not the home top.

BlackSheep
03-06-2018, 10:59 AM
This doesn’t look Blue to me.

They have rebranded since then, new logo etc....

Just Jimmy
03-06-2018, 11:14 AM
The home top looks a lot better in the fleshthat's fine if you live near the club shop. not 300 miles away. also regardless it's a pretty naff design full stop.

kaimendhibs
03-06-2018, 11:33 AM
that's fine if you live near the club shop. not 300 miles away. also regardless it's a pretty naff design full stop.

Sent from my SM-A520F using TapatalkTake it you won't be buying it then[emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Just Jimmy
03-06-2018, 11:47 AM
Take it you won't be buying it then[emoji23]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalknot the home top no. I'm still undecided about the away top. hopefully we produce a few nice training kits.

NAE NOOKIE
03-06-2018, 12:33 PM

Yup ... saw 5 minutes of their game with England yesterday and I thought their strip was bowfin' :agree:

HibbyAndy
03-06-2018, 12:46 PM
Is it just the home kit that's on sale the now ?

BlackSheep
03-06-2018, 12:51 PM
Is it just the home kit that's on sale the now ?

Yup, away on the 15th and GK on 22nd

HibbyAndy
03-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Yup, away on the 15th and GK on 22nd

:aok:

CapitalGreen
03-06-2018, 03:04 PM
Wow that’s so cool, can I be like you? Ok, I’ll rephrase it since were being really picky. I don’t like the logo on the sleeve at all, I think it looks really really crap and the top looks significantly worse with it than it would without it. Better?

😂