PDA

View Full Version : Motherwell for the cup!

Keith_M
14-04-2018, 12:42 PM
3-0 up and heading for the final.

I'd love to see them win and for us to overtake The Rangers into third place

:greengrin

hfc rd
14-04-2018, 12:48 PM
3-0 up and heading for the final.

I'd love to see them win and for us to overtake The Rangers into third place

Ideal situation would be the following:-

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

Scottish Cup - Motherwell

KWJ
14-04-2018, 12:51 PM
It's risky as I want Europe ensured for us. I suppose by the final we'll know where we are, be nice to not be relying on it.

HibeeHibernian4
14-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Unless we've finished third, absolutely not. Anyone but Motherwell for the Cup.

we are hibs
14-04-2018, 12:53 PM
Huns lose tomorrow and have a complete meltdown. Hibs 2nd Aberdeen 3rd killie 4th rangers 5th

SouthMoroccoStu
14-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Unless we've finished third, absolutely not. Anyone but Motherwell for the Cup.

Bingo

Hibs needs go first

Keith_M
14-04-2018, 12:56 PM

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

I'd be very happy with that

Pretty Boy
14-04-2018, 01:02 PM
I’ll be happy to see Motherwell win the cup if it suits Hibs.

If we need Celtic or Rangers to do us a favour then I’ll grit my teeth and want them to win.

PatHead
14-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Am I right in thinking that if Motherwell win the cup they would not enter Europe until the round after the league teams?

Alex Trager
14-04-2018, 01:05 PM
I fancy the dons will finish 4th at best

makaveli1875
14-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Cant see well beating Celtic in the final, they'd beat the huns if they somehow manage to win tomorrow

davhibby
14-04-2018, 01:11 PM
If we finish second or fourth we'll want them to lose

Jumbo
14-04-2018, 01:15 PM
Am I right in thinking that if Motherwell win the cup they would not enter Europe until the round after the league teams?

All Scottish teams enter at same stage next season 👍

Onion
14-04-2018, 01:15 PM

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

Good thing is we'll know our own position before the cup final, so can take a view then. Would dearly love to be cheering on Motherwell in the final, even funnier of they have to play to Sevco.

BegbieHSC
14-04-2018, 01:17 PM

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

If this happens, I don't think i'd be able to contain myself!

HibeeHibernian4
14-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Yes, similarly if Rangers finished 3rd but won the Cup, they would enter the round later.

All Scottish teams enter at same stage next season 👍

Nope, the cup winners (or second place if it's Celtic who win it) will enter at the Second Qualifying Round.

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2018, 01:18 PM
If we finish second or fourth we'll want them to lose

If we finish second why would we want them to lose?

Sauzee16
14-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Huns lose tomorrow and have a complete meltdown. Hibs 2nd Aberdeen 3rd killie 4th rangers 5th

Huns lose tomorrow heavily Murty punted, John Brown until the end of the season Motherwell cup we finish 3rd.

Sauzee16
14-04-2018, 01:20 PM

They will be in Europe a round ahead of us (I think)

HibeeHibernian4
14-04-2018, 01:20 PM

See above, if Celtic win the Cup then the runners up in the league take the Second Qualifying Round spot.

iwasthere1972
14-04-2018, 01:22 PM
The league finishes before the cup final so we'll be in a position of caring whether or not who wins the Scottish Cup and who ends up as runners up.

J-C
14-04-2018, 01:27 PM
We need Celtic to win the cup as it guarantees Europa league

SirDavidsNapper
14-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Would rather Motherwell beat Celtic in final regardless what it means for us. Europe is overrated. Pumped out after one tie againt a Slovenian side in all probability.

Diclonius
14-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Nope. Even if we finish in 2nd/3rd, if Motherwell win they jump above us in European qualifying - i.e. we start in an earlier qualifying round.

flash
14-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Every team enters at the same round. That is 100% correct so no need to keep asking the same question.

CallumLaidlaw
14-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Every team enters at the same round. That is 100% correct so no need to keep asking the same question.

Except it’s not true [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2018, 01:43 PM

Exactly, 2nd 3rd and SC winners all enter at round 1

If we finish 2nd or 3rd then we should all be backing Motherwell in the final

CallumLaidlaw
14-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Exactly, 2nd 3rd and SC winners all enter at round 1

If we finish 2nd or 3rd then we should all be backing Motherwell in the final

Nope. Scottish cup winners enter at round 2. If Celtic win it, 2nd place will enter at round 2, and 3rd/4th in round 1

Babyshamble
14-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Every team enters at round 1 this time.

flash
14-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Nope. Scottish cup winners enter at round 2. If Celtic win it, 2nd place will enter at round 2, and 3rd/4th in round 1

they really don't.

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2018, 01:51 PM

Except that's not true

https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/european-qualification-201718/

CallumLaidlaw
14-04-2018, 01:54 PM
Except that's not true

Apologies. 2 articles I read said differently but can’t argue with the SPFL confirming.

Diclonius
14-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Except that's not true

That was last year. Scottish Cup winners (or 2nd place if not Motherwell) enter in round 2, the other two enter in round 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League

My_Wife_Camille
14-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Except that's not true

That’s for season 2017/18 not 2018/19

B.H.F.C
14-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Except that's not true

That’s a year out of date

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2018, 01:57 PM
woops

My_Wife_Camille
14-04-2018, 01:58 PM
they really don't.
They really do

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/competitions/General/02/49/98/51/2499851_DOWNLOAD.pdf

greenlex
14-04-2018, 02:09 PM
We will take care of business. Don’t care who wins the cup.

erin go bragh
14-04-2018, 02:17 PM
This thread has got my head spinning. We need to Finnish 3rd or better to absolutely guarantee European football next season. End of . Then we can enjoy the final without losing our place should Well win it .

Col2
14-04-2018, 02:33 PM
A tanking for Celtic v Rangers tomorrow and both our immediate rivals for 2nd and 3rd could be I’m freefall.

Losing a semi final especially when you have not turned up (like Aberdeen today) can have a huge impact on next few games.

McInnes blast and admission that his recruitment in last tow windows have failed will hardly inspire those he is referring to.

Ich liebe Deek
14-04-2018, 02:33 PM
Sevco sitting in 4th spot then losing the final to a dodgy call would be superb.

snooky
14-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Cant see well beating Celtic in the final, they'd beat the huns if they somehow manage to win tomorrow

Deja vu all over again?

Jim44
14-04-2018, 02:56 PM
I think Aberdeen will pick up the pieces after today and hold on for third place. I think we will hold on for fourth, so Motherwell could be the spanner in the works for us. I wanted to see them going out today, so I hope Celtic, if they do the business tomorrow, cuff them in the final.

Captain Trips
14-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Dream scenario is we get Euro place in league and can watch the Final hoping Motherwell cuff either Of.

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2018, 03:36 PM
why do some want motherwell to win the SC :confused: if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet

Keith_M
14-04-2018, 03:39 PM

Not if we finish 2nd or 3rd.

why do some want motherwell to win the SC http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/confused2.gif if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet

Why do some want The Rangers or Celtc to win the Cup? http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/confused2.gif

Jim44
14-04-2018, 03:42 PM

Unlikely. But that’s opinions for you.

lapsedhibee
14-04-2018, 03:58 PM

Or 5th. :worried:

Mikey
14-04-2018, 04:02 PM
Ideally we overtake Rangers on the last day to finish second and Motherwell beat them in the final the following weekend.

It'll be like 1986 all over again :tee hee:

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2018, 04:07 PM

Why do some want The Rangers or Celtc to win the Cup? :confused:

why would some want motherwell to be as successful as us in the scottish cup :confused:

1van Sprou7e
14-04-2018, 04:18 PM
why do some want motherwell to win the SC :confused: if they do then they will equal our amount of wins...no ta, although it would be quite difficult to deny them another win if it's the filthy hun they meet

Who cares?

*****ing Vale of Leven have the same number of cup wins as we do

cabbageandribs1875
14-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Who cares?

*****ing Vale of Leven have the same number of cup wins as we do

can you not work that one out ? ******* duh

Sir David Gray
14-04-2018, 04:27 PM
Sevco sitting in 4th spot then losing the final to a dodgy call would be superb.

The Club 1872 statement would be a joy to behold. :greengrin

CathroMustStay
14-04-2018, 04:31 PM

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

SPOT ON!

:nlgwa

hibbysam
14-04-2018, 04:38 PM
I’ll decide who I want to win based on where we finish.

Keith_M
14-04-2018, 05:09 PM
why would some want motherwell to be as successful as us in the scottish cup :confused:

To enjoy the warm glow of watching The Rangers or Celtc lose the final. That OK with you?

danhibees1875
14-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Would rather Motherwell beat Celtic in final regardless what it means for us. Europe is overrated. Pumped out after one tie againt a Slovenian side in all probability.

:confused:

Europe is all we ever play for. If it's not worth it then why bother?

hibbysam
14-04-2018, 05:32 PM

Aye yer right, that trip to denmark was *****. Hertz have no chance of europe so your safe in the knowledge that your lot can stick to dunfermline and falkirk in friendlies

jacomo
14-04-2018, 05:43 PM
Huns lose tomorrow heavily Murty punted, John Brown until the end of the season Motherwell cup we finish 3rd.

Why can’t we aim for 2nd?

Der Hun have a vastly superior goal difference so effectively 4 points ahead... but not insurmountable.

NORTHERNHIBBY
14-04-2018, 05:46 PM
If European football is still in our hands to go and get then we should not expect or rely on favours from others. Still a great season for first year back up no matter how it goes.

Sir David Gray
14-04-2018, 05:49 PM

So what exactly is the point in playing every season? :confused:

Even if it is one tie, it gives a huge financial boost to the club and allows us to try and progress the club and attract better players.

WoreTheGreen
14-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Any idea what Mcinnes said after that embarrassment

we are hibs
14-04-2018, 06:08 PM
Ideally we overtake Rangers on the last day to finish second and Motherwell beat them in the final the following weekend.

It'll be like 1986 all over again :tee hee:

I know it's probably unlikely but I'd love to seal 2nd before the last game and make the final one against them a complete piss take for 90 minutes as they desperately fail to get their much needed 3 points to finish third and finish fourth

Bobby's Cinema
14-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Worth mentioning that we have a team top of the form table since Christmas finishing like a steam train and only 4pts back. Killi come right into the mix and have a home game against aberdeen to start when we host the celtic. Could the sheep finish 5th 😮

IGRIGI
14-04-2018, 06:11 PM

Absolutely mental to wish another team wins a cup to the detriment of Hibs.

Getting to the group stages of the Europa League is where we should be aiming for, out of our reach next season but the only way we'll make it is by playing more and more in Europe.

Keith_M
15-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Absolutely mental to wish another team wins a cup to the detriment of Hibs.

Getting to the group stages of the Europa League is where we should be aiming for, out of our reach next season but the only way we'll make it is by playing more and more in Europe.

I realise your commented was directed at somebody else but, as the OP, I'd like to point out that I'd love Hibs to qualify for Europe, Celtc and The Rangers to miss out on a Cup win and The Rangers to hopefully miss out on Europe as well.

In addition, as long as it doesn't affect Hibs, I'd always prefer a provincial side like Motherwell to win than those two Erse Cheeks. I was even in the Motherwell end at a Cup Final against the Blue Bigots a few years back, though they sadly lost the game.

Is It On....
15-04-2018, 10:41 AM

2nd Hibs
3rd Aberdeen
4th The Rangers

That would truly be a Carlsberg season finale 🙂

where'stheslope
15-04-2018, 05:32 PM
So what exactly is the point in playing every season? :confused:

Even if it is one tie, it gives a huge financial boost to the club and allows us to try and progress the club and attract better players.
Not necessarily a financial boost for the club, as some of the first and second round ties can be really far afield and before the season starts when a lot of our fans are away on holiday, giving smaller attendances at home.
The financial boost comes in making the league rounds, with guaranteed money for points earned plus home gate money and TV rights.

jacomo
15-04-2018, 08:46 PM

We’ve not been very successful in the Scottish Cup. Our ‘hoodoo’ spanning more than a century is well known.

Well lifting the trophy in May won’t make a blind bit of difference.

monktonharp
15-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Would rather Motherwell beat Celtic in final regardless what it means for us. Europe is overrated. Pumped out after one tie againt a Slovenian side in all probability.I am with you on that. I have an auld uncle living close to me who is a 'Well fan and has been through here since he was 18. him and his Bro are devout Motherwell fans, although unable to get to matches now. I always like the underdogs to win, although I will never ever be in the Motherwell supporter's club again until they take that photie of auld pishy drawers doon.:wink:

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2018, 09:53 PM
Going to swim against the tide here and hope that Celtic buy another meaningless domestic trophy. Want us to be the last real team to win a Scottish tournament, not Motherwell. Wouldn’t care in Celtic ‘won’ everything in Scottish football if we were the next team to win a trophy.

Michael
15-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Going to swim against the tide here and hope that Celtic buy another meaningless domestic trophy. Want us to be the last real team to win a Scottish tournament, not Motherwell. Wouldn’t care in Celtic ‘won’ everything in Scottish football if we were the next team to win a trophy.

Agreed, I'm quite happy for Celtic to win everything we fail to win. Would be annoying to see Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen win something

Lancs Harp
15-04-2018, 10:03 PM
Hibs interest comes first, but we'll finish at least third anyway :wink: just cant imagine watching the final and wanting celtic to win. So considering by time the final is played we would have finished second or third then come on the 'Well.

Austinho
16-04-2018, 04:53 AM
I hate seeing any team in Scotland win the Scottish Cup who isn’t us.

I guess I’m numb to Celtic winning it as they do it so regularly so don’t really care, can’t say I’d be too overjoyed for Motherwell if they won it. Was the same when it was St Johnstone and ICT.

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2018, 09:17 AM

I guess I’m numb to Celtic winning it as they do it so regularly so don’t really care, can’t say I’d be too overjoyed for Motherwell if they won it. Was the same when it was St Johnstone and ICT.

I get what you're saying. If Celtic were playing a direct rival (Aberdeen/Hearts) i'd want them to win as a win for either of those two would boost them significantly and for three clubs of a similar size any advantage would be bad news. Look what 2016 did for us.

I wouldn't mind Motherwell winning it as they're not in the same player market etc as us and probably won't be regular challengers for 2nd/3rd/4th in the coming years. Wouldn't be overjoyed but would be nice to see Celtic fans greetin.

Smartie
16-04-2018, 10:21 AM

Me too, but I have mellowed a wee bit since we actually won the thing.

What bugs me the most is when Celtic or Rangers record a meaningless win (Celtic only these days though - it would mean the world to Rangers to win in).

I got loads of good wishes from fans of other clubs when we finally broke our hoodoo. I prefer open top buses, players becoming club legends and not needing to ever buy a drink in certain cities and towns again to Celtic fans trooping home for their tea after watching their team win the cup, only attaching any significance to the win if it happens to be one of umpteen in a row or a double treble or whatever.

I should add that under no circumstances would I want Rangers or Hearts to win the thing, because of the great pleasure and significance that a clean victory would bring them.

Anyone else and I'd be as happy as it possible to be when Hibs don't win it, although it goes without saying that I wouldn't have it happen at any cost to Hibs, ever (on this occasion a possible Motherwell win costing Hibs a European place).

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Wonder if the huns would have a bus parade if they ever win the cup

Diclonius
16-04-2018, 11:26 AM
Even before 2016 I preferred if a club won the cup outside of the OF/them. I would never want any of them to win anything.

Thecat23
16-04-2018, 11:31 AM

They can’t none of the Glasgow teams are allowed a bus parade.

NAE NOOKIE
16-04-2018, 11:46 AM
The only time I would want either arse cheek to win anything is if it directly benefits Hibs. That aside I couldn't bring myself to go against any team in a cup final against them, even if it was the Yams I could rationalise it by saying its good for Scottish football to have the trophies spread about, though there's no way I would actually back them watching the game ... if I watched it at all. As it is I sincerely hope that by the time the final comes around Hibs have achieved at least 3rd place so I can be a rabid Motherwell fan for 90 minutes.

If Celtic do win it that will be back to back trebles and in what universe is that good for our game? Anybody saying they don't want another team to win it so that we remain the last non OF team to do it surely cant be serious :confused:

Smartie
16-04-2018, 11:51 AM

Is the plan not normally just to invite the police back to Ibrox for a big shindig?

SirDavidsNapper
16-04-2018, 11:54 AM
They can’t none of the Glasgow teams are allowed a bus parade.

Didn't know that. Would be a shame for Thistle if they were punished for the ugly sisters behaviour

Jim44
16-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I’m not sure I can go along with the ‘any team bar Celtic etc.’ for the cup. My criterion is for us to do as well as we can and that means as high a finish in the league and securing a place in Europe, even at the expense of Motherwell. With players out of contract and deals being brokered soon, it’s important that we have as high a profile as possible as, to my mind, it could be the difference between players staying with us or moving on elsewhere. Players like to be with successful, ambitious clubs and our status could the catalyst to sway their decisions.

Keith_M
16-04-2018, 01:28 PM
I actually find it a bit sad that people would prefer one of the Ugly Sisters to win a trophy than a proper club, like Motherwell, St Johnstone, etc.

Keeping in mind my comment was dependent on us having already qualified for Europe, how petty minded do you have to be to say you'd rather they didn't win as it would mean they had won as many Cups as us?

Sorry, but that's childish beyond belief.

I still remember being really happy for a mate of mine from Kilbirnie when St Mirren finally won the SC in 1987. Loads of non-Hibs Supporters congratulated me on Hibs' win in 2016 (no Jambos did, but anyway...)

hibbysam
16-04-2018, 02:20 PM
I actually find it a bit sad that people would prefer one of the Ugly Sisters to win a trophy than a proper club, like Motherwell, St Johnstone, etc.

Keeping in mind my comment was dependent on us having already qualified for Europe, how petty minded do you have to be to say you'd rather they didn't win as it would mean they had won as many Cups as us?

I still remember being really happy for a mate of mine from Kilbirnie when St Mirren finally won the SC in 1987. Loads of non-Hibs Supporters congratulated me on Hibs' win in 2016 (no Jambos did, but anyway...)

If we’re already in Europe then absolutely, Motherwell by 6 goals for me! If it benefits Hibs then a Celtic victory, but I wouldn’t be ‘cheering’ it, just a wry smile at full time.

All this ‘Hibs to be the last non old firm team to win a cup’ is horrendous lol. Folk can’t be that petty. I do draw a line at wanting hearts/Aberdeen and for the time being Rangers winning a trophy due to the added benefits that that brings, when they are direct competitors of ourselves.

ancient hibee
16-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Motherwell have a good chance.Celtic are weak at centre half.Motherwell are powerful upfront and will play two up against them,which Murty failed to do,and forget about the midfield.

Mr White
16-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Yup me too. The only time I've been genuinely pleased by a non-hibs cup win was when St Johnstone won the Scottish in 2014. My mate from Perth has followed them home and away with little reward since he was a young kid. I texted him after the match and the mixture of joy and disbelief from him was brilliant.

He returned the good wishes in 2016 by texting me that night to say that him and his mate went mental in a pub full of huns in Bankfoot to celebrate when David Gray's goal went in :greengrin

Unless it stops hibs qualifying for Europe I hope Well stuff celtc next month.

SideBurns
16-04-2018, 04:25 PM
I recall being really really happy when St.Mirren won the League Cup on St.Patrick's Day 2013. Can't for the life of me remember why though (must've drunk too much Guinness)...

HibbyAndy
16-04-2018, 04:31 PM
I recall being really really happy when St.Mirren won the League Cup on St.Patrick's Day 2013. Can't for the life of me remember why though (must've drunk too much Guinness)...

I remember that game vividly :greengrin

I also remember CLEAR as day Hearts fans crying when the camera man panned in on the Hearts support, Wee cup??? They only call it the wee cup cause they CAN'T win it !!

We have won both cups more recent than they trampy scarf twirling pink grubby ****s GIFRUY !!

Jim44
16-04-2018, 05:02 PM
If we’re already in Europe then absolutely, Motherwell by 6 goals for me! If it benefits Hibs then a Celtic victory, but I wouldn’t be ‘cheering’ it, just a wry smile at full time.

All this ‘Hibs to be the last non old firm team to win a cup’ is horrendous lol. Folk can’t be that petty. I do draw a line at wanting hearts/Aberdeen and for the time being Rangers winning a trophy due to the added benefits that that brings, when they are direct competitors of ourselves.

That’s a no brainer, but if we’re sitting in fourth place, come the final, I’ll be behind Celtic all the way.

Swedish hibee
16-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Good luck Motherwell. I love to see fans happy- hope they do the unthinkable!

The Leith Dutch
16-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Much as there are a number of clubs - topped by Sevco - that I don't like I find it really odd that any Hibs supporter would put the success or failure of any other club above the interests of Hibs.

Should we finish 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hilarious if Motherwell won the cup to deny Sevco.
Anything where they deny us not so much.....

Famous Fiver
16-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Can't stand the crowing of Tam Cowan every time a) Motherwell win a match or b) when Hibs lose a match.

He has a well known bias for the other side of the city so my allegiance is certainly not with Motherwell.

Keith_M
16-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Can't stand the crowing of Tam Cowan every time a) Motherwell win a match or b) when Hibs lose a match.

He has a well known bias for the other side of the city so my allegiance is certainly not with Motherwell.

I think that's perfectly reasonable.

If it's to make Tam Cowan a wee bit more miserable, then I can totally understand that kind of motivation :greengrin

Billy Whizz
16-04-2018, 06:23 PM
I want what’s best for Hibs

iwasthere1972
16-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Read online that Motherwell are asking for only 13K tickets as they want the final to be a sell out. It went on to say that the 'Glasgow Giants' were not pleased that Hibs only sold 10K tickets for the league Cup semi final against them. Well I was there and I'm not that sure that they even sold out their allocation. I've got photos and a video on my phone so better have a look

Edit: Looks like they did. Ah well. .

erin go bragh
16-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Read online that Motherwell are asking for only 13K tickets as they want the final to be a sell out. It went on to say that the 'Glasgow Giants' were not pleased that Hibs only sold 10K tickets for the league Cup semi final against them. Well I was there and I'm not that sure that they even sold out their allocation. I've got photos and a video on my phone so better have a look

We took more than 10k btw . If we finnish 4th I’ll be rooting for Celtic to get our place in Europe.

ancient hibee
16-04-2018, 09:13 PM

I think it said that we returned 10000 of our allocation.

hibbysam
17-04-2018, 07:24 AM
Much as there are a number of clubs - topped by Sevco - that I don't like I find it really odd that any Hibs supporter would put the success or failure of any other club above the interests of Hibs.

Should we finish 2nd or 3rd I'd find it hilarious if Motherwell won the cup to deny Sevco.
Anything where they deny us not so much.....

I’d find it funnier that Celtic didn’t win the treble than rangers not getting into Europe. Would be a failure of monumental levels if that lot didn’t sweep up the lot.

danhibees1875
17-04-2018, 09:41 AM
We're 4th: I'll want Celtic to win more than most Celtic fans
We're 3rd/5th: C'mon Well
We're 2nd: (and would get in a round earlier with a Celtic win): I'll kind of want Celtic to win, but not be too concerned.

17-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Really don't want celtic getting a second treble

jgl07
17-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Apologies. 2 articles I read said differently but can’t argue with the SPFL confirming.

Well I wouldn’t trust the SPFL to get anything right.

This said different:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_UEFA_Europa_League

Pescarese
17-04-2018, 10:46 PM
We're 2nd: (and would get in a round earlier with a Celtic win): I'll kind of want Celtic to win, but not be too concerned.

That’s how I feel - entry a round later helps. But if we’re second and Sevco are fourth I might find myself cheering on the Well.

Wonder how many Sevconians would want a Celtc win in that situation?

Brizo
18-04-2018, 05:41 AM

Agree with all that. Whatever is best for Hibs.

Leaving Hibs considerations aside,couldn't care less who wins. While a Celtc win would herald in all sorts of media fawning about a double treble without any mention that's its a one horse race and they have 10 times everyone else budget, I have never liked Motherwell. Part of that's a 70s /80s thing and part of its their media mouthpiece Cowan.