https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/59795f84130b95d286b44a7b2e565978.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ano hibby
13-04-2018, 10:19 AM
Brilliant. Poor from the The’s though.

jacomo
13-04-2018, 10:22 AM

Hopefully a bit of last day exuberance from the Hibees will give them an opportunity for at least one more statement this season.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2018, 10:23 AM
Brilliant

GreenOnions
13-04-2018, 10:28 AM
If Hearts put out a statement complaining about being top of the "dirtiest team in the league" table then they might be able to maintain their lofty position?

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 10:31 AM
We need to up our game. I blame Petrie.

Albanian Hibs
13-04-2018, 10:34 AM
😂

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 10:38 AM

What is this 'the the's' patter?

Clarence
13-04-2018, 10:39 AM
The empty barrel makes the loudest noise.

Clarence
13-04-2018, 10:41 AM

Which team has inserted the word ‘the’ before their name recently? If you solve that, you will find the answer.

Johnny_Leith
13-04-2018, 10:43 AM
Topping the discipline and statement tables mid April is a fantastic achievement for the Georgie giants.

There's a real chance of a domestic double inkeeping with their traditions, they truly do have a special relationship with some competitions.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2018, 10:44 AM
Its time we had a statement from the club addressing our lack of statements ... what the hell are the fans reps doing? :grr:

Squirrel 1875
13-04-2018, 10:51 AM

Bit of a whoooosh moment for you here. Nous. Please get some.

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Bit of a whoooosh moment for you here. Nous. Please get some.

No whoosh moment. I do understand the attempt at humour. And I don't appreciate your tone, maybe an appearance at social skills school for you.

However, 'the rangers' have been called 'the rangers' since forever. So why the two 'the's'?

'Rangers F.C. is a Scottish football club based in Glasgow. They were founded in 1872 and were acquired by an incorporated company, The Rangers Football Club Ltd in 1899. In the year 2000, Sir David Murray decided to float the club on the stock market, subsequently changing the company into a PLC. In 2012, The Rangers Football Club Plc entered liquidation and the company's assets including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park and intellectual property were bought by Sevco Scotland Ltd. Sevco Scotland Ltd later changed its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd. The Rangers International Football Club Plc was then formed as the holding company by the owners The Rangers Football Club Ltd, with the latter becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of the former'

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 11:31 AM
Which team has inserted the word ‘the’ before their name recently? If you solve that, you will find the answer.

As above. Recently as in 1899? Do you time travel regularly?

matty_f
13-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Good to see the fun sucked right out of this thread early on. :greengrin

Diclonius
13-04-2018, 11:39 AM
What was our statement about?

EDIT: Remembered, never mind.

matty_f
13-04-2018, 11:40 AM
What was our statement about?

EDIT: Remembered, never mind.

Presumably telling us that we weren't going after The Rangers for their historic actions.

WeeRussell
13-04-2018, 11:57 AM
No whoosh moment. I do understand the attempt at humour. And I don't appreciate your tone, maybe an appearance at social skills school for you.

However, 'the rangers' have been called 'the rangers' since forever. So why the two 'the's'?

'Rangers F.C. is a Scottish football club based in Glasgow. They were founded in 1872 and were acquired by an incorporated company, The Rangers Football Club Ltd in 1899. In the year 2000, Sir David Murray decided to float the club on the stock market, subsequently changing the company into a PLC. In 2012, The Rangers Football Club Plc entered liquidation and the company's assets including Ibrox Stadium, Murray Park and intellectual property were bought by Sevco Scotland Ltd. Sevco Scotland Ltd later changed its name to The Rangers Football Club Ltd. The Rangers International Football Club Plc was then formed as the holding company by the owners The Rangers Football Club Ltd, with the latter becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of the former'

You clearly understood what "the patter" was then. Therefore your tone/delivery maybe wouldn't have gained a pass at thon social school either.

This could go on all day/thread.. :greengrin

jgl07
13-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Hopefully a bit of last day exuberance from the Hibees will give them an opportunity for at least one more statement this season.
Maybe they will 'do a Manchester United' and complain about the noise of the celebrations coming from the visitors dressing room at Tynie next match?

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 12:17 PM
You clearly understood what "the patter" was then. Therefore your tone/delivery maybe wouldn't have gained a pass at thon social school either.

I had to ask the question, in case it was something other than the answer I was expecting that just does not make sense.

Springbank
13-04-2018, 12:34 PM

I go onto Hibs websites to defend the the rangers.

I have emotional intelligence.

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 12:43 PM
I go onto Hibs websites to defend the the rangers.

I have emotional intelligence.

I have a soft spot for them. My great grandads third wife's ex husband's brother was in a flute band.

No surrender.

WeeRussell
13-04-2018, 12:47 PM
I had to ask the question, in case it was something other than the answer I was expecting that just does not make sense.

:aok:

I prefer 'The Huns' anyway.

Juniper Greens
13-04-2018, 12:49 PM
I was trying to pick my favourite and went for this one as I like how this one has a cliff hanger at the end...

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6097

"A further statement will be made tomorrow in relation to management plans for this weekend’s Ladbrokes Premiership match against Celtic and longer term."

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 12:52 PM
:aok:

I prefer 'The Huns' anyway.

That, Zombies or Sevco for me.

lapsedhibee
13-04-2018, 01:03 PM

I think RFC 2012 plc (not TRFC 2012 plc) went into liquidation and the current incarnation is The Rangers Football Club. A The was introduced at a particularly hilarious time in recent history. 'The Thes' is a fine way to commemorate those momentous events of 2012. What the name was in 1899, 1690, etc is neither here nor there. :na na:

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 01:06 PM
RFC 2012 plc (not TRFC 2012 plc) went into liquidation and the current incarnation is The Rangers Football Club. A The was introduced at a particularly hilarious time in recent history. 'The Thes' is a fine way to commemorate those momentous events of 2012. What the name was in 1899, 1690, etc is neither here nor there. :na na:

Well yes, but the current incarnation is not exactly a new one.. hence the extra 'the' being a bit silly.

lapsedhibee
13-04-2018, 01:10 PM
Well yes, but the current incarnation is not exactly a new one.. hence the extra 'the' being a bit silly.

Heaven forfend we should say anything silly in relation to a rival fitba club. Next you'll be claiming Tinycastle Park is not actually a bus shelter.

BegbieHSC
13-04-2018, 01:16 PM

I think they may well top the table come exhuberence Sunday...

Smartie
13-04-2018, 01:16 PM
I think we should stand shoulder to shoulder with our Sevconian cousins as we goad them to victory in this peculiar little competition.

They deserve to have those stars on their chest as the most successful 5 year old club in World football.

"Statement Champions 2017-2018" can sit alongside their lower league Championships and their TinPot Kings of the Diddies (or whatever it was called) trophy.

They're going to need a bigger mantelpiece.

Eaststandee
13-04-2018, 01:27 PM

Yer clubs deed mate

Greentinted
13-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Heaven forfend we should say anything silly in relation to a rival fitba club. Next you'll be claiming Tinycastle Park is not actually a bus shelter.

Now ye tell ais...been waitin here ages fur a number 1 tae Easter Road!

lyonhibs
13-04-2018, 01:53 PM
That's relegation form on the statements front lads.

Worrying stuff, we really need to buck our ideas up or I fear a future in the media coverage wastelands.

The Leith Dutch
13-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Sevco should be higher up.

Even if it is only 8 statements they've issued the epic delusion and adolescent authorship surely makes them count double no?

Keith_M
13-04-2018, 02:41 PM

Maybe not to you, but everybody else seems to get it.

So, here's a wee explanation:

When they were just Rangers Football Club, you could refer to them as 'the Rangers' (a 'the', then the first word of their name)

Logically, therefore, now that they're The Rangers Football Club, you can refer to them as 'the Thes' (also a 'the', then the first word of their name)

'Rangers Football Club' are no more, they're a Dead Parrot.

Squirrel 1875
13-04-2018, 02:45 PM
I have a soft spot for them. My great grandads third wife's ex husband's brother was in a flute band.

No surrender.

What do flute bands have to do with it exactly? Offensive. Leave it out.

Jack Hackett
13-04-2018, 02:52 PM

Even if it is only 8 statements they've issued the epic delusion and adolescent authorship surely makes them count double no?

Sadly, statements from affiliates (i.e. Club1872) are not included in the official count, or they'd have won at a canter.

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Maybe not to you, but everybody else seems to get it.

So, here's a wee explanation:

When they were just Rangers Football Club, you could refer to them as 'the Rangers' (a 'the', then the first word of their name)

Logically, therefore, now that they're The Rangers Football Club, you can refer to them as 'the Thes' (also a 'the', then the first word of their name)

'Rangers Football Club' are no more, they're a Dead Parrot.

Except they were always THE Rangers football club..

The current incarnation is exactly the same as the previous.. (well from 1899 onwards) but nobody called them 'the thes' then?

Kato
13-04-2018, 03:15 PM

That would require a points system, marked on how roasterish each statement is. Hearts could still win that.

Kato
13-04-2018, 03:16 PM
What do flute bands have to do with it exactly?

Ask The Rangers and their fans, they started it.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2018, 03:43 PM

Even if it is only 8 statements they've issued the epic delusion and adolescent authorship surely makes them count double no?Yep, the "quality" of the respective statements doesn't appear to have been taken into account and when I was at school there were always deductions for poor spelling and grammar so once again the yams are in a false position.

For me klub 1690 are the galacticos of bellicose indignant self important statement writing and should already have the trophy to keep beside their other one, the Petrofac.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Jim44
13-04-2018, 03:45 PM

I think Traynor goes for quality rather than quantity.

Joe6-2
13-04-2018, 03:57 PM

😂😂

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 04:04 PM

The current incarnation is exactly the same as the previous.. (well from 1899 onwards) but nobody called them 'the thes' then?
That’s not true. Officially their name wasn’t The Rangers, it was Glasgow Rangers or Just Rangers (I’ve know idea which it was), but after they went bust they reformed as The Rangers. The fact that they used to refer to themselves as The Rangers previous to them going bust leads to the joke of calling them The The’s.

lapsedhibee
13-04-2018, 04:16 PM
That’s not true. Officially their name wasn’t The Rangers, it was Glasgow Rangers or Just Rangers (I’ve know idea which it was), but after they went bust they reformed as The Rangers. The fact that they used to refer to themselves as The Rangers previous to them going bust leads to the joke of calling them The The’s.

They were never known as Just Rangers. You're probably getting mixed up with a famous character in history called Just William, who rode about on a white horsey.

Mibbes Aye
13-04-2018, 04:33 PM
They were never known as Just Rangers. You're probably getting mixed up with a famous character in history called Just William, who rode about on a white horsey.

Or Just Juice, which was bright orange and left a sour taste in the mouth.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
13-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Love how the Hertz had a wee mump about the 18 home games when they probably made it harder for the SPL to organise the fixtures after requesting that their last game is away from home so that they can lay their new pitch.

This is after the SPFL bending over backwards allowing them to have all these away games at the start of this season. No shame!

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 04:49 PM
No I was thinking off just William

scm70nyd1973
13-04-2018, 06:34 PM

Possibly confused with the 80’s band called The The !

Contrary to the other The Thes they were nae too bad.

13-04-2018, 06:48 PM

Congrats on the most tedious analysis ever of a throwaway nickname for a loathsome football club.

My_Wife_Camille
13-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Congrats on the most tedious analysis ever of a throwaway nickname for a loathsome football club.
To be fair, it’s the pishest nickname going that doesn’t make sense anyway

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2018, 07:02 PM

The current incarnation is exactly the same as the previous.. (well from 1899 onwards) but nobody called them 'the thes' then?Have you really nothing better to do?? Honestly let it go...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

jabis
13-04-2018, 07:12 PM
Sooooooo,hearts are winning the slavers table and the thethequeens11sevcohunorangeilligitamtewhitehorser idingbillyboys.are no happy ?

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 07:47 PM
Have you really nothing better to do?? Honestly let it go...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Not at that present time, no.

Can't hold it back anymore..

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Or Just Juice, which was bright orange and left a sour taste in the mouth.

Beautiful! 😂

The_Horde
13-04-2018, 11:12 PM

:hilarious

Juniper Greens
18-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Sadly, statements from affiliates (i.e. Club1872) are not included in the official count, or they'd have won at a canter.

Up to 9 after yesterday's issue. I think they could still mount a title challenge.

El Gubbz
18-04-2018, 02:58 PM

Next season I’ll score the statements -

1 point for a standard statement
3 points for exceptional statements

“Concomitant” should have wrapped the league up before Christmas

Treadstone
18-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Next season I’ll score the statements -

1 point for a standard statement
3 points for exceptional statements

“Concomitant” should wrapped the league up before Christmas

Bonus pts

"going for 55"
"since 1872"

Thecat23
18-04-2018, 03:34 PM

Mmm, first you would take Halliday at us now you are defending them!! 🤔 😁

Ozyhibby
18-04-2018, 03:58 PM
Plus Sevco have all these surrogate groups like union bears and club 1872 releasing statements as well. It’s the statement equivalent of playing unregistered players, another popular past time at Ibrox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arch Stanton
18-04-2018, 04:38 PM

So they went bust and set up again with the same name?

Are you sure you can do that?

BigT-Hibeez
18-04-2018, 05:11 PM

I don't appreciate your tone!! :greengrin

The_Horde
18-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Mmm, first you would take Halliday at us now you are defending them!! 🤔 😁

I'm not defending them at all cat. I'm defending and protecting you all from a downright cringey, silly and ridiculous sounding nickname that probably wouldn't offend even the staunchest of loyalists..

The_Horde
18-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Then again, even the scene in T2 didn't offend some of them (in fact, many even shared it on their social media pages) so maybe the patter would fly over their heads much like Irvine ripping the complete and utter p@sh out of them did..

Thecat23
18-04-2018, 06:29 PM
I'm not defending them at all cat. I'm defending and protecting you all from a downright cringey, silly and ridiculous sounding nickname that probably wouldn't offend even the staunchest of loyalists..

I was only winding you up bud, totally agree they are off the scale on the cringe factor that’s for sure!