PDA

View Full Version : Yams Money too tight to mention?

Ozyhibby
12-04-2018, 01:17 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-pre-contract-talks-with-st-johnstone-s-steven-maclean-1-4722814

Yams going for Steven Maclean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 01:24 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-in-pre-contract-talks-with-st-johnstone-s-steven-maclean-1-4722814

Was he not at Hibs? Getting on a bit!

Edit it was Brian not Steven

green day
12-04-2018, 01:24 PM

Was on trial there 9 years ago, they didn't pursue due to concerns over his injuries.

JDHibs
12-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Hes still a half decent player. Good experience and will be cheap. Imagine he will be brought in as back up/foil for the younger guys to learn from.

Thecat23
12-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Said it before they are toiling, don’t care what anyone on here says they are in the bargain basement for players now. Naismith who many on here were saying was an “amazing” singing, when I thought he was crap looks like I’ve been proved right as he’s been an utter failure. Lafferty granted has done better than I thought but he’s still been poor.

They are a gang just now and will have a poor season again next season. Until Budge and Potter leave the club will just go round in circles looking for cash simple as that. We are ran a lot better on and off the pitch now and are miles ahead of them.

Thecat23
12-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Hes still a half decent player. Good experience and will be cheap. Imagine he will be brought in as back up/foil for the younger guys to learn from.

Sorry not buying into that crap. That’s what they are all saying on Kickback but the fact is they are skint and he’s *****.

Souter96Mac
12-04-2018, 01:30 PM
I see they are preparing for fighting for the title next season then

JDHibs
12-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Sorry not buying into that crap. That’s what they are all saying on Kickback but the fact is they are skint and he’s *****.

Dont buy into all you want, doesnt bother me. Was a big player for Saints the past few years when everyone was lauding them punching above their weight. 12 goals/13 assists in 30 odd games at 34 last year, 15 & 8 the season before? Theyve been gash as a team this year mind you.

We all know they are skint, they basically admit it themselves with the cash cow etc. So would make sense for them to look at signing a cheap back up with bags of experience no?

lord bunberry
12-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Bottom six striker these days. I would hope we’d be setting our sights considerably higher.

Ozyhibby
12-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Bottom six striker these days. I would hope we’d be setting our sights considerably higher.

If that. He’ll be 36 in August. If we were looking at him I’d be raging. One of the main reasons saints are struggling this year is they can’t score goals. He is a dreadful signing and I really hope they get him.

Smartie
12-04-2018, 01:51 PM
I'm surprised that in their financial position they can afford to have another referee in addition to Craig Thomson on their payroll.

Baw187
12-04-2018, 01:53 PM
I’d be far from inspired if we were fishing in that pond.

Golden Bear
12-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Steven is from a Hibby family and brought up to be a Hibby. He probably has the honour of being one of the youngest ever supporters to be evicted from ER. He was caught in the act of trying to squeeze between the railings that separated the terracing from the coo shed. For this terrible sin, the stewards promptly evicted both Steven and his Dad.

:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Reminds me of when we used to sign Maybury and the like

overdrive
12-04-2018, 02:03 PM
Steven is from a Hibby family and brought up to be a Hibby. He probably has the honour of being one of the youngest ever supporters to be evicted from ER. He was caught in the act of trying to squeeze between the railings that separated the terracing from the coo shed. For this terrible sin, the stewards promptly evicted both Steven and his Dad.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's Kevin Thomson's cousin.

Dashing Bob S
No offence to SMcL but they are now pitching with impressive determination for the bottom six. I wish them well in this endeavor.

SirDavidsNapper
Dont buy into all you want, doesnt bother me. Was a big player for Saints the past few years when everyone was lauding them punching above their weight. 12 goals/13 assists in 30 odd games at 34 last year, 15 & 8 the season before? Theyve been gash as a team this year mind you.

We all know they are skint, they basically admit it themselves with the cash cow etc. So would make sense for them to look at signing a cheap back up with bags of experience no?

A few fake Lego bus sales will sort that. Champions League here they come

Thecat23
12-04-2018, 02:06 PM

Wasn’t having a go at you there btw. Just saying the bottom line is for me he’s finished and the kind of signing we’d make under guys like Fenlon. I’d be raging if Hibs went for this kind of player.

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2018, 02:09 PM

ah, happy memories, still remember fondly of the days as youths trying to climb(and succeeding now and then) over the walls, normally into the old east terracing then up the 2,000 steps, or asking for a lift-over at turnstiles....sigh :boo hoo:happy days,

cabbageandribs1875
12-04-2018, 02:11 PM

who happened to turn out to be a good solid reliable stop-gap tbf, i'm sure we've had worse

Franck Stanton
12-04-2018, 02:11 PM
Don't care who that lot sign, we all know they are skint and can't afford decent players any more. They used to shop in Waitrose, now they are shopping in Aldi.

Golden Bear
12-04-2018, 02:12 PM

:agree:

danhibees1875
12-04-2018, 02:17 PM
ah, happy memories, still remember fondly of the days as youths trying to climb(and succeeding now and then) over the walls, normally into the old east terracing then up the 2,000 steps, or asking for a lift-over at turnstiles....sigh :boo hoo:happy days,

and to think people complain about the £25 season tickets. :greengrin

green day
12-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Don't care who that lot sign, we all know they are skint and can't afford decent players any more. They used to shop in Waitrose, now they are shopping in Aldi.

My wife likes Waitrose, I shop in Aldi - hope your no calling me a jambo :greengrin

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 02:23 PM
He's ***** and finished. Another addition to the nursery club. Sainta fans all want him punted.

MartinfaePorty
12-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Seem to remember my Saints supporting mate saying he can't play on astro, so rules him out of games against Killie and Hamilton (assuming they stay up).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

jgl07
12-04-2018, 02:25 PM
Was on trial there 9 years ago, .......

Was he convicted?

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Seem to remember my Saints supporting mate saying he can't play on astro, so rules him out of games against Killie and Hamilton (assuming they stay up).

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

What about hybrid? 😉

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 02:28 PM
He'll compliment McGeough well

Bostonhibby
12-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Thought they were thinking about nearly paying their way and going Dutch by being linked with Steve McClaren again, but it's just another bargain basement striker story again.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 02:32 PM
who happened to turn out to be a good solid reliable stop-gap tbf, i'm sure we've had worse

Maybury was ok in a piss-poor hibs side. Probably at the same level they are at now.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Maybury was ok in a piss-poor hibs side. Probably at the same level they are at now.

Yep. That's where i was coming from. Bog standard run of the mill player signing towards the end of his career. We've had worse than Maybury.

bingo70
12-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Yep. That's where i was coming from. Bog standard run of the mill player signing towards the end of his career. We've had worse than Maybury.

Ive been saying for a while they’ve turned into hibs from 5 or 6 years ago.

***** foreigners, loan players that don’t care and now signing old average never has beens.

Bostonhibby
12-04-2018, 02:49 PM

***** foreigners, loan players that don’t care and now signing old average never has beens.Big team though[emoji6]

Deansy
12-04-2018, 02:50 PM
I'm just lapping up the level playing-field that's been so brilliant for us and so lethal for them - absolutely amazing what's happened to the 'Big team' now they're cut-off from 'Other People's Money' - even their 'Mystery Donor' hasn't been able to prevent their plummet from 'Big' to 'Irrelevant' !

Mind the gap, Muppps - GGTTH !

delbert
12-04-2018, 02:53 PM
He's ***** and finished. Another addition to the nursery club. Sainta fans all want him punted.

He also scored the winner against us at Easter Road a few months back !

bingo70
12-04-2018, 02:54 PM
He also scored the winner against us at Easter Road a few months back !

That’ll be the only reason Levein wants to sign him.

Diclonius
12-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Hopefully their Rowan Vine.

Jack Hackett
12-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Great news. Shows exactly how deep their pockets are.

truehibernian
12-04-2018, 03:00 PM
I'll go against the grain here and say that SM would be a good signing for them, if he is being seen as a player coach / mentor. Steven was/is a terrific player and even this season has popped up with goals and assists. Remember, we signed an 'ageing' Grant Holt (happy birthday big yin :greengrin) for the same kind of reasons - to be a good personality around the club, pass on his knowledge of the game to the younger players, and help the strikers, in particular Jason.

It shouldn't come as any surprise to Hearts fans the level of player they are targeting or 'attracting'. They brought forward their academy plan at Balerno by over a year which shows they are intent on bringing on youngsters - way way too quickly in my opinion but hey ho it's to our benefit as they (their young players) will suffer the same as the likes of Stanton, Harris and Handling. I think (and have heard from a couple of reliable Hearts mates) they are looking to cash in on Lafferty too.

For all their furore about Harry Cochrane, McDonald and Godhino, you could argue that Oli Shaw, Fraser Murray and Ryan Porteous have had much more impact - certainly Oli as had a far bigger impact than Cochrane in the leagues and cups and continues to develop really well.

All in all, Hearts are where Hibs were for far too many years after we invested heavily in infrastructure, made a series of horrendous management appointments, and were in a permanent state of flux with a team of loans and journeymen - and it'll take more than Levein and Budge to get them out of the malaise they are in. Which is very pleasing :aok::greengrin

sauzee1966
12-04-2018, 03:01 PM

I think this shows the ambition of the club. Not about age its about planning for the future. The guy is about the limit of their spending as all the dosh will be ploughed into Naigoals and Laughalot

:nlgwa:hibees

allmodcons
12-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Decent player but well past his best.

If you're signing someone aged 35 you'd be expecting a bit more pedigree.

CapitalGreen
12-04-2018, 03:09 PM
I'll go against the grain here and say that SM would be a good signing for them, if he is being seen as a player coach / mentor. Steven was/is a terrific player and even this season has popped up with goals and assists. Remember, we signed an 'ageing' Grant Holt (happy birthday big yin :greengrin) for the same kind of reasons - to be a good personality around the club, pass on his knowledge of the game to the younger players, and help the strikers, in particular Jason.

A couple of differences between the two situations.

1) We were playing in the second tier.
2) Grant Holt has had a much better career than McLean, which gave him lots of useful experiences to pass on.

SonOfDavidFrancey
12-04-2018, 03:10 PM
They obviously don’t feel that Laugherty is a suitable mentor for their young players

cocteautwin
12-04-2018, 03:12 PM
I'm just lapping up the level playing-field that's been so brilliant for us and so lethal for them - absolutely amazing what's happened to the 'Big team' now they're cut-off from 'Other People's Money' - even their 'Mystery Donor' hasn't been able to prevent their plummet from 'Big' to 'Irrelevant' !

Mind the gap, Muppps - GGTTH !

It might be close to a level playing field if we were to consider only the amount of money spent on players wages and the teams. If you look at HMFC in total over the past 4 years, by my calculations, they've had close to £15m of "other people's money" pumped in to their project over and above what we've had which really does put in to perspective the many good years of financial planning at HFC and is an indicator of how well our club is run currently.

I really don't think the words "level playing field" are appropriate when doing a comparison with Scotland's third biggest spenders.

greenpaper55
12-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Maclean ! one for the future .

truehibernian
12-04-2018, 03:18 PM
A couple of differences between the two situations.

1) We were playing in the second tier.
2) Grant Holt has had a much better career than McLean, which gave him lots of useful experiences to pass on.

Fair points CG but one could easily argue that SM has had a very good career, playing for three big clubs in Old Rangers, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and carved a very good career up here with Aberdeen and Saintees. Holt had a really purple patch with Norwich granted, but the rest of his career he was a Championship and/or League 1 striker (and I thought he was an excellent addition to our squad last season :agree:).

The point I was making is you cannot underestimate having a good ex pro around the club and the younger players coming through. Plus I have always rated SM as a good player. He's has some horrendous injuries but worked hard to still make a prolonged career for himself which says a lot for a player.

Renfrew_Hibby
12-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Is he not to Saintees what SDG is to us?

JDHibs
12-04-2018, 03:21 PM
Wasn’t having a go at you there btw. Just saying the bottom line is for me he’s finished and the kind of signing we’d make under guys like Fenlon. I’d be raging if Hibs went for this kind of player.

Its all good mate. Wouldnt want him anywhere near Hibs.

Can just see the logic in Hearts signing him.

truehibernian
12-04-2018, 03:22 PM
They obviously don’t feel that Laugherty is a suitable mentor for their young players

I don't think Lafferty will be at Hearts next season.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 03:26 PM

***** foreigners, loan players that don’t care and now signing old average never has beens.

Exactly

MagicSwirlingShip
12-04-2018, 03:29 PM

Will be out the door this summer IMO

Danderhall Hibs
12-04-2018, 03:40 PM

David van Zanten and the rest.

Is this the guy that can’t play on artificial surfaces for insurance reasons? Better hope their new £1m hybrid effort is weighted to more grass than plastic.

Jim44
12-04-2018, 04:10 PM
Decent but uninspired signing. He certainly won’t enhance their Champions League aspirations. :greengrin

IGRIGI
12-04-2018, 04:14 PM
Decent signing for a mid table team fighting it out to mix it with the big boys in the top 6.

As a club heading to Europe and fighting it out for 2nd we're of course operating in a different market.

Elephant Stone
12-04-2018, 04:17 PM
The price increase on their season tickets will be easier to take when they see the calibre of player they're going for.

greenpaper55
12-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Don't forget they are now having to fork out £450,000 per season for their use of their training facilities, over ten seasons that's near enough what we paid for EM and there will be no dodging payments this time.

Smartie
12-04-2018, 04:43 PM
We've had a decent record with players like this.

Grant Holt, Craig Brewster, Mixu.

Players who never had pace to lose can be effective to a decent age.

Although hopefully he'll be more of a Kuqi, Johansson or Rowan Vine - finished or utter pish.

Gmack7
12-04-2018, 04:44 PM
they're signing a striker from 1 of there closest rivals which is very ambitious. it's like us signing Stevie may or Adam Rooney.
a bit away from the buy young and develop with a view to selling on policy though

greenginger
12-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Don't forget they are now having to fork out £450,000 per season for their use of their training facilities, over ten seasons that's near enough what we paid for EM and there will be no dodging payments this time.

And the £ 1 million for the new pitch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43727325

Hope they've left room to get diggers and dumptrucks in and out with the new stand tunnel being a bit restrictive.
Seem to remember a bit of trouble with an access platform requiring to be dismantled, but I'm sure Budge has taken all this into the planning. :greengrin

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 05:10 PM

Although hopefully he'll be more of a Kuqi, Johansson or Rowan Vine - finished or utter pish.

All they players had much better careers then Maclean.

Ozyhibby
12-04-2018, 05:12 PM

I wasn’t Holt’s biggest fan but Maclean has nowhere near the pedigree of any of them.

MSK
12-04-2018, 05:17 PM
And the £ 1 million for the new pitch.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43727325

Hope they've left room to get diggers and dumptrucks in and out with the new stand tunnel being a bit restrictive.
Seem to remember a bit of trouble with an access platform requiring to be dismantled, but I'm sure Budge has taken all this into the planning. :greengrinIts ok, the kids from the local nursery are going in armed with their buckets & spades 😆

BSEJVT
12-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Much as I am one for ripping into Hearts I think that's a bit disingenuous

I would be astonished if East Mains isn't costing us that and more per season.

I get that we own it and its an asset we can sell at some future date should we desire to and that there are kudos attached to having your own training ground and unfettered use of it, but right now its an expense the same as HWU is to them, albeit a necessary one that we can shape to whatever our future requirements are without asking the landlords permission.

dchibs
12-04-2018, 05:20 PM

Don't know about that, a very good diver.

IGRIGI
12-04-2018, 05:28 PM
MacLean in the same breath as Mixu, Brewster and Grant Holt 😂

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 05:42 PM

I get that we own it and its an asset we can sell at some future date should we desire to and that there are kudos attached to having your own training ground and unfettered use of it, but right now its an expense the same as HWU is to them, albeit a necessary one that we can shape to whatever our future requirements are without asking the landlords permission.

Yeah I’m in this boat too. I think we should have explored other options before the training centre tbh.

Famous Fiver
12-04-2018, 05:50 PM
I am still very much in the camp that Hearts are still living beyond their means, augmenting cash flow with'mystery donors' and fans contributions. They are NOT relying on success on the pitch to generate income, which we most certainly are.

That they choose to spend it on players like McLean demonstrates to me, just how parlous their whole business plan is, and you do wonder where they would be shopping if they did not have such an artificial leg up.

Pleasing!

ancient hibee
12-04-2018, 06:06 PM
Yeah I’m in this boat too. I think we should have explored other options before the training centre tbh.

Better to have a training centre available 24 hours a day,7 days a week rather than a shared facility.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 06:10 PM
I am still very much in the camp that Hearts are still living beyond their means, augmenting cash flow with'mystery donors' and fans contributions. They are NOT relying on success on the pitch to generate income, which we most certainly are.

That they choose to spend it on players like McLean demonstrates to me, just how parlous their whole business plan is, and you do wonder where they would be shopping if they did not have such an artificial leg up.

Pleasing!

They will put most of their eggs in one basket trying to get Naismith permanently which is also pleasing.

brog
12-04-2018, 06:10 PM
Fair points CG but one could easily argue that SM has had a very good career, playing for three big clubs in Old Rangers, Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday and carved a very good career up here with Aberdeen and Saintees. Holt had a really purple patch with Norwich granted, but the rest of his career he was a Championship and/or League 1 striker (and I thought he was an excellent addition to our squad last season :agree:).

The point I was making is you cannot underestimate having a good ex pro around the club and the younger players coming through. Plus I have always rated SM as a good player. He's has some horrendous injuries but worked hard to still make a prolonged career for himself which says a lot for a player.

Good post & Im a genuine fan of players like Stevie McLean who are model professionals & give 100% for every club they play for. However, if it was us going for SM then this board would be in melt down & I would find it hard to be positive. I dont want to sound like a delusional cardigan but i geninely believe we're fishing in different waters these days. Long may it continue.

BSEJVT
12-04-2018, 06:12 PM

I think you misunderstand me

I am glad that we own our own facility and think that the decision to buy it was absolutely the correct one.

The developments Leeann alluded to her that are coming to it, most probably would not have been possible had we only been renting someone else's facility

The point I was making that was that doing so may not be to our financial advantage over Hearts renting theirs.

But the only real way to ascertain that would be to compare both clubs respective usage and quality of facilities and the total costs involved and that's not going to happen

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 06:15 PM

Normally agree with you but i don't with this. I highly doubt we would have attracted players like Efe, Marciano and Kamberi etc without a training ground. It's an absolute necessity imo

Smartie
12-04-2018, 06:25 PM
I wasn’t Holt’s biggest fan but Maclean has nowhere near the pedigree of any of them.

Holt had a higher pedigree than the other 2, given he scored goals in the EPL at a time when that was at a standard a fair bit higher than the SPFL.

But Mixu and Brewster? I'd say they had pedigrees roughly the same as McLean. Mixu was a solid SPL forward and had a moderately successful stint in the second level down South. Brewster was a reasonable SPL forward who did fine on a wee jaunt abroad. Brewster actually went on to do very well after he left Hibs, and improved his reputation immensely as a result. Mixu was a fantastic player for us, but I remember being raging when he joined, thinking he was well past his best - his best not having been that great in the first place.

McLean had a solid enough stint down South, and has done well for St Johnstone.

I don't think the comparison is at all unreasonable. Sometimes you can sign an unfashionable thirty-something and it works well, sometimes it really doesn't.

greenpaper55
12-04-2018, 06:27 PM

Are we paying rent to ourselves !, how can it be costing more than the the Hearts set up ?

BSEJVT
12-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Are we paying rent to ourselves !, how can it be costing more than the the Hearts set up ?

You do understand that it costs us money to run the place, to maintain it, to purchase new equipment to tart it up

Leeann was taking in her interview about the need to relay the astro pitch

And that we also had to buy the place, which you could argue we are still repaying to STF as part of the £500k pa we are repaying

All Hearts do is rent their facility HWU pick up all the maintenance and repair costs as there is no way it will be a full repairing and maintenance lease as all and sundry get to use and even Hearts wouldn't be daft enough to sign up for that. They don't have to worry about its upkeep.

I still think its a great thing and in our best interests but there is no such as a free lunch

HappyAsHellas
12-04-2018, 06:38 PM

Taxes, wages for all the staff etc soon adds up. I think ours costs in the region of 500k per annum.

As others have alluded to, you cannot judge its success or otherwise on a purely financial basis, and I'm delighted we have our own place.

percy veer
12-04-2018, 06:42 PM
Holt had a higher pedigree than the other 2, given he scored goals in the EPL at a time when that was at a standard a fair bit higher than the SPFL.

But Mixu and Brewster? I'd say they had pedigrees roughly the same as McLean. Mixu was a solid SPL forward and had a moderately successful stint in the second level down South. Brewster was a reasonable SPL forward who did fine on a wee jaunt abroad. Brewster actually went on to do very well after he left Hibs, and improved his reputation immensely as a result. Mixu was a fantastic player for us, but I remember being raging when he joined, thinking he was well past his best - his best not having been that great in the first place.

McLean had a solid enough stint down South, and has done well for St Johnstone.

I don't think the comparison is at all unreasonable. Sometimes you can sign an unfashionable thirty-something and it works well, sometimes it really doesn't.

and he won StJ the Scottish cup

Ozyhibby
12-04-2018, 06:52 PM

EM costs about £500k a year. So it is comparable, however Hearts used to only pay £275k at HW so things are getting better for us.

lord bunberry
12-04-2018, 07:05 PM
EM costs about £500k a year. So it is comparable, however Hearts used to only pay £275k at HW so things are getting better for us.

Hearts will have other costs on top of the rent they pay. They will also have staff costs to pay that are associated with their part of the facility.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 07:20 PM
Hearts will have other costs on top of the rent they pay. They will also have staff costs to pay that are associated with their part of the facility.

And the stand at Oriam couldn't have come cheap

southsider
12-04-2018, 07:27 PM
Unless they made if from Lego

Zazu62
12-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Isn’t he a big Hibs fan?

cmcd
12-04-2018, 08:14 PM

Yes he is

ancient hibee
12-04-2018, 08:21 PM

But I understand that figure includes wages of some of the coaching staff who would presumably be employed regardless of the ownership/rental choice.

Peevemor
12-04-2018, 08:29 PM
But I understand that figure includes wages of some of the coaching staff who would presumably be employed regardless of the ownership/rental choice.

Exactly. I know EM is good, but the complex itself won't cost anything like £10k per week for heating, rates, maintenance, etc. The £500k figure will be the cost of the facility, including the staff employed there (physio(s), catering, maintenance/groundsmen & coaching staff outwith the management team).

hibbyfraelibby
12-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Unbounded ambition in signing an up and coming young striker(half Queen Anns age or there abouts)

If this is one of the three "marquee" signings Rolf Potter was tempting them with to sell Season Tickets I guess they will be overjoyed down Dalry way.

Next step is checking out wee Pat Fenlon's availability...

Mikey
12-04-2018, 08:31 PM
Exactly. I know EM is good, but the complex itself won't cost anything like £10k per week for heating, rates, maintenance, etc. The £500k figure will be the cost of the facility, including the staff employed there (physio(s), catering, maintenance/groundsmen & coaching staff outwith the management team).

It was £500k a year before Scott Lindsay slashed everything he could. I've no doubt it costs more now but I'm not sure it'll be that much.

12-04-2018, 08:55 PM
Unbounded ambition in signing an up and coming young striker(half Queen Anns age or there abouts)

If this is one of the three "marquee" signings Rolf Potter was tempting them with to sell Season Tickets I guess they will be overjoyed down Dalry way.

Not so much a marquee signing, more a one man pop-up tent.

jgl07
12-04-2018, 09:27 PM

It's only an expense to them if they pay the rent!

Austinho
13-04-2018, 01:29 AM
Presumably they’ve sold enough season tickets for them to announce to the fans they’ll be spending all their money on a new pitch instead of players for next season.

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2018, 05:51 AM
Taxes, wages for all the staff etc soon adds up. I think ours costs in the region of 500k per annum.

As others have alluded to, you cannot judge its success or otherwise on a purely financial basis, and I'm delighted we have our own place.

Genuine question - Do you know the value of EM as an asset?

SirDavidsNapper
13-04-2018, 06:51 AM

Don't forget Dylan

mjhibby
13-04-2018, 06:55 AM
Said it before they are toiling, don’t care what anyone on here says they are in the bargain basement for players now. Naismith who many on here were saying was an “amazing” singing, when I thought he was crap looks like I’ve been proved right as he’s been an utter failure. Lafferty granted has done better than I thought but he’s still been poor.

They are a gang just now and will have a poor season again next season. Until Budge and Potter leave the club will just go round in circles looking for cash simple as that. We are ran a lot better on and off the pitch now and are miles ahead of them.

There seems to be a large split in the hertz fans between those who have faith in budge and levein and those who see the reality of the situation. I think levein has actually done a reasonable job with the squad he has but if McLean is the level of signing their getting and either lafferty or naismith go then they are looking at at least two or three seasons fighting for 5th place in the league. The temptation is of course is to spend loads of money they don't have and I'm not sure once you've had the addictive effect of winning games with phantom money will they be able to help themselves. In fairness a large number on twitback are seeing reality and their number is growing. They will rally round I'm sure with buying season tickets but it will depend how they start next season. If they start to lag behind us again then the knives will be getting sharpened. I think in summary they are hoping things will get better but will stick with it until it all goes Pete tong.

GreenCastle
13-04-2018, 07:16 AM
Hearts are charging £300 for a kid to be a mascot against Celtic or Hibs.

How much do Hibs charge ?

Col2
13-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Well this will help with flagging season ticket sales won’t it!

And the new super dooper pitch. Something about that announcement makes me smell as rat. A big fat ugly Budge type rat. They need to do something about the pitch but I’m atead of replacing the Skoda with a VW they want to go immediately to a Aston Martin. I have a feeling this wee arrangement will be financed and staged in a way the new stand is.

More and more cash needed for the stand. So money must be tight. Levein loves to pass the pressure on to others with another young coach in Maclean. He is desperate to get back to DOF role asap - all the power and zero accountability.

CapitalGreen
13-04-2018, 08:28 AM
MacLean has scored 5 goals for St Johnstone this season, 2 less than Rowan Vine scored for them the season before joining us. :-)

Golden Bear
13-04-2018, 08:29 AM
Well this will help with flagging season ticket sales won’t it!

And the new super dooper pitch. Something about that announcement makes me smell as rat. A big fat ugly Budge type rat. They need to do something about the pitch but I’m atead of replacing the Skoda with a VW they want to go immediately to a Aston Martin. I have a feeling this wee arrangement will be financed and staged in a way the new stand is.

More and more cash needed for the stand. So money must be tight. Levein loves to pass the pressure on to others with another young coach in Maclean. He is desperate to get back to DOF role asap - all the power and zero accountability.

Or has the mystery benefactor came up with further funding?

:hmmm:

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 08:36 AM
Better to have a training centre available 24 hours a day,7 days a week rather than a shared facility.

What overall benefit does that bring?

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 08:41 AM
I think you misunderstand me

I am glad that we own our own facility and think that the decision to buy it was absolutely the correct one.

The developments Leeann alluded to her that are coming to it, most probably would not have been possible had we only been renting someone else's facility

The point I was making that was that doing so may not be to our financial advantage over Hearts renting theirs.

But the only real way to ascertain that would be to compare both clubs respective usage and quality of facilities and the total costs involved and that's not going to happen

Fair enough, I disagree. I used to think it was a massive benefit to us, I'm now of the opinion the club should have tried a collaboration instead. I also don't think it's an asset we could sell in the future neither unless Queen Margaret Uni fancy a sports centre near their Mussie campus.

Oscar T Grouch
13-04-2018, 08:44 AM

The benefits are that we don’t have to schedule training to avoid clashes with other organisations, all our teams train in the same place which is a great benefit for the youngsters and especially the development team boys. We can arrange as hoc training sessions without worrying about clashing with the local hockey team or Edinburgh rugby.

greenginger
13-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Or has the mystery benefactor came up with further funding?

:hmmm:

I don't think the FoH pledgers will accept another diversion from the target of paying off Budge and taking control themselves.

The collections for the sum promised to fund the Budge folly must be complete and £ 2.5 million + interest to buy the HOMFC shares from Bidco is the pot the DD's will be channeled towards.

Springbank
13-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Fair enough, I disagree. I used to think it was a massive benefit to us, I'm now of the opinion the club should have tried a collaboration instead. I also don't think it's an asset we could sell in the future neither unless Queen Margaret Uni fancy a sports centre near their Mussie campus.

Just off topic a sec but what does the 16 in Sauzee16 relate to?

green day
13-04-2018, 09:04 AM
The benefits are that we don’t have to schedule training to avoid clashes with other organisations, all our teams train in the same place which is a great benefit for the youngsters and especially the development team boys. We can arrange as hoc training sessions without worrying about clashing with the local hockey team or Edinburgh rugby.

^In a nutshell.

There is another difference - if we want to put other facilities in (new pitches / equipment) we dont have to ask the owner.

Staffing costs etc will be broadly the same for East Mains and Riccarton, they pay a hefty fee to rent it, but if we want to upgrade facilities, we pay ourselves - swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

However - regardless of whether people think its worthwhile - its an asset on Hibs balance sheet, whereas Riccarton is plainly not.

Of course we could still be avoiding dug***** at the Jack Kane :greengrin

Peevemor
13-04-2018, 09:06 AM

I may be getting mixed up with something else, but I'm pretty sure Hibs looked into doing something in partnership with the Council at the Jack Kane Centre. After this fell through Hibs turned their attention to East Mains.

Famous Fiver
13-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Reputedly because of Hibs previous bad experiences with Edinburgh Council thy high tailed it out of the capital altogether so that there could be no EDC meddling or restrictive shenanigans.

Carheenlea
13-04-2018, 09:16 AM
My dad was speaking to him a year or maybe two years ago, when he was in good form, and suggested to him that we could do with him at Easter Road. While he said he would love to, he admitted that it was never going happen then at his stage of his career, in addition to the wear and tear on his body that dictates that he can only play on grass.
If this is the market Hearts are now shopping in, then this is very good news indeed.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 09:19 AM

Don't they all train at the same place and have first rights on the facilities?

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:20 AM
Reputedly because of Hibs previous bad experiences with Edinburgh Council thy high tailed it out of the capital altogether so that there could be no EDC meddling or restrictive shenanigans.
:agree: They moved to East Mains because Edinburgh Council are such ********s. Our council would rather have abandoned waste ground than help hibs.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 09:21 AM
^In a nutshell.

There is another difference - if we want to put other facilities in (new pitches / equipment) we dont have to ask the owner.

Staffing costs etc will be broadly the same for East Mains and Riccarton, they pay a hefty fee to rent it, but if we want to upgrade facilities, we pay ourselves - swings and roundabouts in my opinion.

However - regardless of whether people think its worthwhile - its an asset on Hibs balance sheet, whereas Riccarton is plainly not.

Of course we could still be avoiding dug***** at the Jack Kane :greengrin

They get the benefit of using upgraded facilities funded by other people though?

Sorry, and I am nieve and thick on the matter but I don't see much benefit we have.

MSK
13-04-2018, 09:21 AM
I may be getting mixed up with something else, but I'm pretty sure Hibs looked into doing something in partnership with the Council at the Jack Kane Centre. After this fell through Hibs turned their attention to East Mains.And more..https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/hibs-unveil-163-3m-training-centre-1-986430

Callyballybe
13-04-2018, 09:22 AM
"Money's too tight to mention" - Can't stop singing this every time I'm on here and see this thread title. Great tune!

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 09:22 AM
I may be getting mixed up with something else, but I'm pretty sure Hibs looked into doing something in partnership with the Council at the Jack Kane Centre. After this fell through Hibs turned their attention to East Mains.

Thanks! I wonder if HWU had any discussions with us before going into a long term partnership with them also?

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:25 AM
Don't they all train at the same place and have first rights on the facilities?
In the winter if the pitches are frozen they have to get in line with everyone else to use the facilities. Also any facilities that are shared aren’t exclusively available to hearts. It’s an absolute no brainier to have your own training centre. Once you’ve got over the hit off paying for it, it’s yours to do what you want to, and you can tailor it to the individual needs of your particular club. I believe we’re looking to build a full size indoor pitch at East Mains. Hearts can’t make any changes to Riccarton as it isn’t theres.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2018, 09:30 AM
In the winter if the pitches are frozen they have to get in line with everyone else to use the facilities. Also any facilities that are shared aren’t exclusively available to hearts. It’s an absolute no brainier to have your own training centre. Once you’ve got over the hit off paying for it, it’s yours to do what you want to, and you can tailor it to the individual needs of your particular club. I believe we’re looking to build a full size indoor pitch at East Mains. Hearts can’t make any changes to Riccarton as it isn’t theres.

Aye but we don't get to pretend that we own it and in some instances even brag about it and end up looking like bellends when some hobo asks for evidence of said ownership.

Most of the downsides to owning EM are in the past in my opinion, and however we look at it is an asset on the (legendary) balance sheet,something we own and paid for. Riccarton, for the thieves is all in the cash out column.

Peevemor
13-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Thanks! I wonder if HWU had any discussions with us before going into a long term partnership with them also?

I don't know. Originally HMFC (still under Robinson) & HWU were meant to be equal partners at Riccarton (£2.5m each with the rest coming from SportScotland), however when it came to putting the funding together, Hearts financial situation was so precarious that they didn't meet the requirements for the SportScotland grant, therefore HWU had to bin them as partners and go it alone, albeit with HMFC as tenants.

Oscar T Grouch
13-04-2018, 09:39 AM
They get the benefit of using upgraded facilities funded by other people though?

Sorry, and I am nieve and thick on the matter but I don't see much benefit we have.

It is naive if you think facilities upgrade without passing in those costs to their customers. It may not cost hertz all the money required for upgrades but it will impact in their costs to use the upgraded facility.

Kato
13-04-2018, 09:41 AM

There was nothing of note in the discussions for them to fall through. Hibs offered to buy Hunter's Hall, maintain the Community Centre there as well as building a dedicated training ground for the club and the council knocked it back straight away even though they were actively trying to bring in a private owner at the time.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2018, 09:45 AM
It is naive if you think facilities upgrade without passing in those costs to their customers. It may not cost hertz all the money required for upgrades but it will impact in their costs to use the upgraded facility.

:agree: So long as landlord remember to a) charge them, and b) charge them market rate and c) diligently pursue any arrears or debt.

It really shouldn't be like this but they played fast and loose with public money before and failed to do anything meaningful about the accruing debt.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 09:46 AM

Has there been instances of the players not doing training because they are in line with everyone else? Haven't they already got a full size indoor pitch at Riccarton?

Peevemor
13-04-2018, 09:48 AM
There was nothing of note in the discussions for them to fall through. Hibs offered to buy Hunter's Hall, maintain the Community Centre there as well as building a dedicated training ground for the club and the council knocked it back straight away even though they were actively trying to bring in a private owner at the time.

:aok: I was told something at the time but it was all pretty vague.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 09:48 AM

Probably, but it wouldn't cost them a massive financial hit regardless and they get to use upgraded facilities that probably neither club could afford without it being funded by someone else.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Aye but we don't get to pretend that we own it and in some instances even brag about it and end up looking like bellends when some hobo asks for evidence of said ownership.

Most of the downsides to owning EM are in the past in my opinion, and however we look at it is an asset on the (legendary) balance sheet,something we own and paid for. Riccarton, for the thieves is all in the cash out column.
The best one is when they say that the hibs under 20s team play their games at OUR training centre. If it’s theirs why do their under 20s travel miles to play their games? It’s the hearts way, they’re the Hyacinth Bucket of Scottish football.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Probably, but it wouldn't cost them a massive financial hit regardless and they get to use upgraded facilities that probably neither club could afford without it being funded by someone else.
Hearts obviously saw it differently at the time as the training centre was due to be a joint venture which Hearts were going to fund equally with HWU, but they backed out at the last minute and became tenants (tenants that didn’t pay) with limited access to facilities.

Peevemor
13-04-2018, 09:54 AM
Hearts obviously saw it differently at the time as the training centre was due to be a joint venture which Hearts were going to fund equally with HWU, but they backed out at the last minute and became tenants (tenants that didn’t pay) with limited access to facilities.

They had no choice.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Has there been instances of the players not doing training because they are in line with everyone else? Haven't they already got a full size indoor pitch at Riccarton?
They don’t have a full size indoor pitch, and there’s been numerous occasions when they haven’t been able to train.

Kato
13-04-2018, 09:55 AM
They had no choice.

....as they had spent all the money SMG had given them for the training centre funds on (three) players.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 09:57 AM
They had no choice.
Did they back out for the same reason as I’ve had to back out from buying the new Bugatti.

Stuart93
13-04-2018, 10:00 AM
:aok: I was told something at the time but it was all pretty vague.

Could bet your bottom dollar if that had been heard the council would have been all for it

Oscar T Grouch
13-04-2018, 10:07 AM
I suppose you can use the comparison of buying or letting a house. When you buy you have an asset that increases in value over the ownership period, yes you have the extra costs with maintenance, but they are up keeping that asset and making it worth more. Letting is great, you get the same facilities as a home owner, you don't, depending on the lease need to invest to upgrade or maintain the property, but your rent will increase year on year and at the end of it all you don't own what you have been paying into for years and you have no say in the upgrading or expansion of the property. Hibs owning their own training centre is a long term investment for the betterment of the club, hertz are paying into a training centre they do not control or have any say in upgrading.

Ozyhibby
13-04-2018, 10:11 AM

No, Hearts training centre is not in the Oriam. They rent the pitches out the back and a smaller indoor hall. It’s a decent facility but nowhere near as good as EM. If they want to hire the Oriam it’s £189 an hour.

Kato
13-04-2018, 10:18 AM
I suppose you can use the comparison of buying or letting a house. When you buy you have an asset that increases in value over the ownership period, yes you have the extra costs with maintenance, but they are up keeping that asset and making it worth more. Letting is great, you get the same facilities as a home owner, you don't, depending on the lease need to invest to upgrade or maintain the property, but your rent will increase year on year and at the end of it all you don't own what you have been paying into for years and you have no say in the upgrading or expansion of the property. Hibs owning their own training centre is a long term investment for the betterment of the club, hertz are paying into a training centre they do not control or have any say in upgrading.

Add to that only 1/3 of the land at East Mains is developed. The rest can be developed or sold off depending on future circumstances.

Peevemor
13-04-2018, 10:42 AM
....as they had spent all the money SMG had given them for the training centre funds on (three) players.

Did they back out for the same reason as I’ve had to back out from buying the new Bugatti.

As I posted before, the project was dependant on a SportScotland grant. Hearts were a financial basket case (remember, this was roughly the same period that they agreed to sell Tynie to Cala) and didn't meet the minimum criteria to receive a grant (ie. being solvent), therefore HWU binned HMFC from the financial montage and did it themselves.

ToffeeCabbage
13-04-2018, 10:49 AM
I don't mind Maclean but it's an absolutely stinking signing for them and should dampen the Jambo delusion that they'll brush us aside next season. I won't get too high and mighty just yet as I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Kenny Miller a deal if he leaves The Rangers. Lennon has form for signing aging strikers. Holt for us, Heskey and Gudjohnson for Bolton. For what it's worth if we can't get both Maclaren and Kamberi signed up, I think Miller could do an effective job

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Ozyhibby
13-04-2018, 10:51 AM
I don't mind Maclean but it's an absolutely stinking signing for them and should dampen the Jambo delusion that they'll brush us aside next season. I won't get too high and mighty just yet as I wouldn't be surprised if we gave Kenny Miller a deal if he leaves The Rangers. Lennon has form for signing aging strikers. Holt for us, Heskey and Gudjohnson for Bolton. For what it's worth if we can't get both Maclaren and Kamberi signed up, I think Miller could do an effective job

I hope not. Old players are usually poor value for money.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 10:56 AM
No, Hearts training centre is not in the Oriam. They rent the pitches out the back and a smaller indoor hall. It’s a decent facility but nowhere near as good as EM. If they want to hire the Oriam it’s £189 an hour.

Cool, cheers. :aok:

Rocky
13-04-2018, 01:24 PM

Just as an example, I was down at HTC a couple of hours before Ross County game just before Christmas, and Whitty was in the gym on his own working his way back from injury.

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Just as an example, I was down at HTC a couple of hours before Ross County game just before Christmas, and Whitty was in the gym on his own working his way back from injury.

Fair enough but most clubs have gym facilities available to them also.

Borderhibbie76
13-04-2018, 02:18 PM
who happened to turn out to be a good solid reliable stop-gap tbf, i'm sure we've had worseWho was part of team of useless nomads who took us down...hardly solid and reliable mate

ancient hibee
13-04-2018, 02:39 PM
Fair enough but most clubs have gym facilities available to them also.
You didn’t contribute to “what did the Romans ever do for us”by any chance?

Keith_M
13-04-2018, 02:46 PM
I think you've all got it wrong. There was an article in the Evening News recently where they were boasting about building a new stand* at their training centre**.

* Not built or paid for by Hearts

** Not built or paid for by Hearts

Sauzee16
13-04-2018, 02:57 PM
You didn’t contribute to “what did the Romans ever do for us”by any chance?

Nope.

TrinityHibs
13-04-2018, 03:17 PM
I just googled Oriam and there is no mention of Hearts. Certainly nothing about them having priority use of Scotland’s national performance centre for sport. SRU and SFA are mentioned though

weecounty hibby
13-04-2018, 03:22 PM
The Jambo in my office has gone at the start of the week from telling me they were going to sign Dylan to telling me today on the back of the McLean news that next year will be transitional. Bunch of delusional fuds, every single one of them

My_Wife_Camille
13-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Not sure if it says much but sections of Oriam are plastered with Hearts branding so it would seem like they are a bit more than just another customer who has to wait in line

Keith_M
13-04-2018, 05:15 PM
Not sure if it says much but sections of Oriam are plastered with Hearts branding so it would seem like they are a bit more than just another customer who has to wait in line

Not necessarily.

If they can lay claim to single handedly winning two worlds wars and claim to be the first fan-owned club in Scotland, I wouldn't put it past them to also claim ownership of a sports centre they never paid a penny towards building.

My_Wife_Camille
13-04-2018, 05:24 PM
Not necessarily.

If they can lay claim to single handedly winning two worlds wars and claim to be the first fan-owned club in Scotland, I wouldn't put it past them to also claim ownership of a sports centre they never paid a penny towards building.
I’m not talking about Hearts claiming anything.

Im saying that given there is a strong Hearts presence in certain sections of the Oriam that it can be suggested that their relationship goes beyond being just another passive customer that has to wait it’s turn.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2018, 05:31 PM

Im saying that given there is a strong Hearts presence in certain sections of the Oriam that it can be suggested that their relationship goes beyond being just another passive customer that has to wait it’s turn.
If I was paying £450,000 annual rental, if that’s what they pay, I’d be expecting some flexibility too

My_Wife_Camille
13-04-2018, 05:36 PM
If I was paying £450,000 annual rental, if that’s what they pay, I’d be expecting some flexibility too
Agreed. There seem to be a few on here that think Hearts are just a big standard customer like any other member of the public though

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Agreed. There seem to be a few on here that think Hearts are just a big standard customer like any other member of the public though
They’re clearly have more priority than anyone walking in and trying to book, but once it’s booked, they have to wait their turn. There was an occasion a couple of years ago when wanted priority over a university booking and were knocked back. It was during the time that Locke was the manager. When we build our full size indoor pitch it will ours whenever we need it.

My_Wife_Camille
13-04-2018, 06:05 PM
They’re clearly have more priority than anyone walking in and trying to book, but once it’s booked, they have to wait their turn. There was an occasion a couple of years ago when wanted priority over a university booking and were knocked back. It was during the time that Locke was the manager. When we build our full size indoor pitch it will ours whenever we need it.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning the benefits of us owning our own facilities by any means, I just think that of all the things that there are to laugh at Hearts for, their use of HWU facilities isn’t really one of them

Jim44
13-04-2018, 06:07 PM
I’ve no idea what hold the Jambos have at their training facility now, but, at the risk of raking up old ground, I was always confused by their ‘cheating’ Herriot Watt University out of rental fees for Riccarton. Is it not the case that, as Herriot Watt is a publically funded institution, HOMFC was actually defrauding the Scottish taxpayer and not Herriot University. If that was the case, it astounds me that they were so readily welcomed back without any redress for their previous cheating and dishonesty.

Stuart93
13-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Don’t get me wrong, I’m not questioning the benefits of us owning our own facilities by any means, I just think that of all the things that there are to laugh at Hearts for, their use of HWU facilities isn’t really one of them

How? A self proclaimed massive club and they don't even own their own training facilities?

Fantastic reason to laugh at their delusion of grandeur

Scouse Hibee
13-04-2018, 06:28 PM
Hearts shopping in the equivilant of the reduced section of poundworld.

Billy Whizz
13-04-2018, 06:28 PM
I’ve no idea what hold the Jambos have at their training facility now, but, at the risk of raking up old ground, I was always confused by their ‘cheating’ Herriot Watt University out of rental fees for Riccarton. Is it not the case that, as Herriot Watt is a publically funded institution, HOMFC was actually defrauding the Scottish taxpayer and not Herriot University. If that was the case, it astounds me that they were so readily welcomed back without any redress for their previous cheating and dishonesty.

Heriott Watt Sports Village Ltd was a creditor, think they are a private company

Famous Fiver
13-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Shareholder list in said company available?

I think you will find there was public money in there somewhere.

RyeSloan
13-04-2018, 06:35 PM

The redress was a substantial increase in the annual rent.

As an aside did we ever get to the bottom of the SFA involvement in facilitating Hearts’ presence there?

Famous Fiver
13-04-2018, 06:39 PM
Ryesloan

No we didn't. and the statement Hearts put out recently when the new stands went up at the Oriam only added suspicion to fancy footwork over the use of these facilities.

Can't remember the statement exactly but I am sure one of our techies can provide a link.

Bostonhibby
13-04-2018, 06:47 PM
Heriott Watt Sports Village Ltd was a creditor, think they are a private company

Pretty sure it was public funded, as in the UNI got its cash from the state.

13-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Just had a jambo tell me he can’t wait until they sign “sir david gray”. Bizarre

greenginger
13-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Shareholder list in said company available?

I think you will find there was public money in there somewhere.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC204327

All shares in Heriot Watt Sports Village are owned by Heriot Watt University

Keith_M
14-04-2018, 05:56 PM

I was being flippant.

Bostonhibby
14-04-2018, 07:49 PM
I was being flippant.When you're having a dig at the big team, vague links to everyone's favourite celebrity dolphin is sometimes not enough[emoji6]

WoreTheGreen
14-04-2018, 07:51 PM
I’ve tuna in to late

Wee Effen Bee
14-04-2018, 08:08 PM
🤨 Oh carp! Cue the sea-life puns hijacking this thread just for the halibut. This site is turning into a real dive! I’m away for s lie down as I’m getting a reel haddock!

Eyrie
14-04-2018, 10:04 PM
🤨 Oh carp! Cue the sea-life puns hijacking this thread just for the halibut. This site is turning into a real dive! I’m away for s lie down as I’m getting a reel haddock!

Did you make all those bad puns on porpoise?

Bishop Hibee
14-04-2018, 10:08 PM
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/SC204327

All shares in Heriot Watt Sports Village are owned by Heriot Watt University

Never forget how the yams stiffed publicly owned organisations, private businesses and charities alike. Heriot Watt should have told them to get stuffed after they went into administration.

Ozyhibby
17-04-2018, 12:17 AM
https://therangersreport.com/2018/04/16/rate-my-transfer-steven-maclean-to-hearts/
A bit of statistical analysis of the yams new superstar.

jgl07
18-04-2018, 10:48 AM

Heriot Watt (note the one r. It is not a vet school!) is not a public organisation. None of the Universities in Scotland are. It receives money from the Scottish Government for specific services but so do loads of private sector organisations. Around half funding comes from non-governmental sources.

It was certainly either Heriot-Watt or Oriam who were defrauded not the Scottish Taxpayer as the loss came off their budget and was not made good by Government.

They were obviously very lax in allowing the crooks to build up a debt before going bust.

Dashing Bob S
18-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Hearts shopping in the equivilant of the reduced section of poundworld.

Scrounging for change to buy reduced for sale Buckfast at a closing down off license whose owner is in prison pending trial for the most nefarious of crimes you can imagine.

RyeSloan
18-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Heriot Watt (note the one r. It is not a vet school!) is not a public organisation. None of the Universities in Scotland are. It receives money from the Scottish Government for specific services but so do loads of private sector organisations. Around half funding comes from non-governmental sources.

It was certainly either Heriot-Watt or Oriam who were defrauded not the Scottish Taxpayer as the loss came off their budget and was not made good by Government.

They were obviously very lax in allowing the crooks to build up a debt before going bust.

I think Heriot watt are a registered charity are they not?

Not that the Yams would ever think about doing charities out of money...

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2018, 11:32 AM
Never forget how the yams stiffed publicly owned organisations, private businesses and charities alike. Heriot Watt should have told them to get stuffed after they went into administration.

If they had done that, who would have replaced them as clients? A commercial decision had to be made.

CropleyWasGod
18-04-2018, 11:33 AM
I think Heriot watt are a registered charity are they not?

Not that the Yams would ever think about doing charities out of money...

They are.

Godsahibby
18-04-2018, 12:08 PM
https://therangersreport.com/2018/04/16/rate-my-transfer-steven-maclean-to-hearts/
A bit of statistical analysis of the yams new superstar.

Had a look at that and quite an good blog. Some other analysis reports the guy has done, interestingly on who is the brightest striking prospect in Scotland. Oli Shaw came out top.