PDA

View Full Version : Given Real’s performance tonight.....

sauzee6_2
11-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Would Liverpool have beaten them??

hibsbollah
11-04-2018, 09:01 PM

Hearts would have beaten them.

One Day Soon
11-04-2018, 09:06 PM
I don't know but I'd quite like Robben and Ronaldo to punch each other's lights out in the next round and both be given lifetime bans.

Lancs Harp
11-04-2018, 09:11 PM
Hearts would have beaten them.

Steady on now :wink:

hibsbollah
11-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Steady on now :wink:

The question you have to ask yourself is, could Isco deal with young Harry Cochrane? I think the answer is clear.

Lancs Harp
11-04-2018, 09:21 PM
The question you have to ask yourself is, could Isco deal with young Harry Cochrane? I think the answer is clear.

To be fair if Berra was going to give a last minute penalty away, Ronaldo would be in hospital tonight and Berra himself on a GBH charge. No point in fannying around with a bit of a disguised clumsy challenge, put him in row Z and then intensive care. The Hearts way.

hibsbollah
11-04-2018, 09:23 PM
To be fair if Berra was going to give a last minute penalty away, Ronaldo would be in hospital tonight and Berra himself on a GBH charge. No point in fannying around with a bit of a disguised clumsy challenge, put him in row Z and then intensive care. The Hearts way.

Indeed. Levein would also have staged a 'dirty protest' in the Bernabeu cludgie by now.

DH1875
11-04-2018, 09:47 PM

Can only see Liverpool winning it now. Their front line will rip the defences of the other 3 apart on the counter.

Sammy7nil
11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Can only see Liverpool winning it now. Their front line will rip the defences of the other 3 apart on the counter.

Is the same Liverpool who could easily have lost four or five goals in the first half yesterday ?

Michael
11-04-2018, 10:05 PM
Spurs already pumped them. Liverpool will easily beat Real if drawn together.

jacomo
11-04-2018, 10:22 PM

Real should have gone out tonight. They always find a way.

TelaStella
11-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Thought Real were honking tonight and deserved to go out. Wasn’t a penalty for me either and I was disappointed to see Buffon sent off like that. Makes you wonder if UEFA could really bare both Real and Barca missing from the semis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
12-04-2018, 06:53 AM

I’d doubt they’d beat them, never mind easily.

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 07:10 AM

Wow thats a statement and a half. Liverpool need to remember Real have been to the CL semis 8 years running - no substitute for experience at any level but in the CL it's key at this stage. They still found a way to win the tie last night. They will more than likely win the CL again this season. Liverpool have a long way to go.

heretoday
12-04-2018, 08:18 AM
I can't believe Real will be as bad again. Ramos will be back too.

CorrieHibs
12-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Over 2 legs Real always find a way. One off match against Liverpool would be trickier.

Mac_17
12-04-2018, 08:26 AM
No doubt they would beat Liverpool at home.

Id fancy Liverpool's chances of going through if the second leg was at Anfield.

supermcginn
12-04-2018, 08:52 AM
I can't believe Real will be as bad again. Ramos will be back too.

Ramos is banned, suspended players are banned from being in the tunnel area so will miss first leg of semi because of last night. Their luck has to run out sometime, despicable club.

calumhibee1
12-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Ramos is banned, suspended players are banned from being in the tunnel area so will miss first leg of semi because of last night. Their luck has to run out sometime, despicable club.

Their not lucky. Their is no luck to run out, they’re just one of the best teams football has ever seen with one of the best footballers the world has ever seen playing for them. And I say that as somebody who also doesn’t particularly like them.

supermcginn
12-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Their not lucky. Their is no luck to run out, they’re just one of the best teams football has ever seen with one of the best footballers the world has ever seen playing for them. And I say that as somebody who also doesn’t particularly like them.

I wouldn't call a team who have only won their domestic league twice in 11 years one of the best in history! They arent even the highest placed team from madrid in the league again this year.

green day
12-04-2018, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't call a team who have only won their domestic league twice in 11 years one of the best in history! They arent even the highest placed team from madrid in the league again this year.

Aye, Winning 3 out of the last 4 European Cups, they are quite rank.

Scouse Hibee
12-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Over 2 legs Real always find a way. One off match against Liverpool would be trickier.

I think the opposite is the case and would rather we face them in a two legged semi final.

1van Sprou7e
12-04-2018, 09:49 AM

They have absolutely ridden their luck at least a little bit over the past few years

Had the easiest draw ever when they won the thing a couple of years ago. Benefited from some ridiculous refereeing Vs Bayern last season and were fortunate not to go out last night as well

SirDavidsNapper
12-04-2018, 11:19 AM

:agree: Checkmate

Haymaker
13-04-2018, 12:14 AM

Real Madrids focus is purely on being top dog in Europe. Winning the league is a secondary concern.

JimBHibees
13-04-2018, 07:10 AM

Wow, Bayern and Reals front line are pretty amazing also. Dont believe the EPL hype, City are/were the best team in the World the week before last. Liverpool have a chance but probably 3rd favourite at the moment.

JimBHibees
13-04-2018, 07:12 AM

Is that right? Dear oh dear huge own goal that.

SirDavidsNapper
13-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Wow, Bayern and Reals front line are pretty amazing also. Dont believe the EPL hype, City are/were the best team in the World the week before last. Liverpool have a chance but probably 3rd favourite at the moment.

Exactly. Some folk were saying (not on here) that Man City were the best side there's ever been. I actually think Roma will put Liverpool out.

One Day Soon
13-04-2018, 12:40 PM

:agree: Checkmate

I think you mean chequemate.

Gmack7
13-04-2018, 03:31 PM

Has it been confirmed Ramos is banned for the 1st leg?

JimBHibees
13-04-2018, 03:39 PM

I dont think is has been confirmed, indeed I saw an article that Real were able to argue about the wording of the supposed offence. I think the wording said something like a banned player should not be at pitch level. The rather laughable argument they were putting forward was that he was in the tunnel or bench area which is a few steps below pitch level. Only Real could get away with that so it is probably accurate.

DH1875
13-04-2018, 04:01 PM

Real have said that they have spoken to UEFA and that Ramos won't miss the 1st leg so no, he won't be banned.

Gmack7
13-04-2018, 08:20 PM
Real have said that they have spoken to UEFA and that Ramos won't miss the 1st leg so no, he won't be banned.

ok cheers.i now fancy Madrid

Lancs Harp
13-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Bayern to win the Champions league best odds 23/10 with Unibet and 888. Lump on fellas.

edit to add if you are feeling a bit risky you can still get 10/1 with some bookies for Roma to win it.