PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen away

murray26
11-04-2018, 06:01 PM
Anyone know how many tickets we’ll receive and if we’re likely to sell out..? Considering going with a couple of non season ticket holders..

B.H.F.C
11-04-2018, 06:03 PM
We haven’t sold out up at Aberdeen for years. We should this time, especially with a 3pm kick off. Think the away end holds about 1800 or something.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 06:06 PM
We haven’t sold out up at Aberdeen for years. We should this time, especially with a 3pm kick off. Think the away end holds about 1800 or something.

It’ll be around that at most, BHFC. However been a while since we played them at Pittodrie, 3pm ko on a Saturday

davhibby
11-04-2018, 06:30 PM
We took a good number up in December, pretty sure we'll sell this one out

murray26
11-04-2018, 06:35 PM
Cheers guys.. I’ll play it by ear👍

Frazerbob
11-04-2018, 06:40 PM
First time we’ve played at Aberdeen at 3pm on a Saturday, not on TV, in years. If we’re still in the hunt for 2nd it 3rd, we will sell out I recon.

Diclonius
11-04-2018, 06:41 PM
I might pop up to this one. Is it fairly easy to park near the stadium?

Glory Lurker
11-04-2018, 06:43 PM
If it's going to sell out, would everyone mind waiting until I post that I've got mine before they try to get theirs? Thanks.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 06:47 PM
First time we’ve played at Aberdeen at 3pm on a Saturday, not on TV, in years. If we’re still in the hunt for 2nd it 3rd, we will sell out I recon.

Think the last time was a snowy day in December, maybe 2010?
Hibs won 1-0, Stokes scored I think?

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 06:47 PM
I might pop up to this one. Is it fairly easy to park near the stadium?

If you get in early enough, either that or park at the beach

B.H.F.C
11-04-2018, 06:50 PM

Coldest I’ve ever been at a game. I remember being in the back row and the snow still landing on me.

TelaStella
11-04-2018, 07:17 PM

2-0 was it no? Stokesy double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

green.oracle
11-04-2018, 07:19 PM

Game your thinking of was dec 2009 and Stokes scored twice in 2-0 win.

Pretty Boy
11-04-2018, 07:23 PM
I think they can extend the away section at Pittodrie. The area we usually get is smaller than the one Celtic and Rangers get, there's a further dividing fence further up the stand.

Aberdeen won't sell out so we might get more tickets than usual.

Edit: this is from the excellent football ground guides website:

Away fans are housed on the one side of the South Stand. Up to 4,500 supporters can be accommodated in this part of the ground (although the normal allocation is around 2,500). Peter Llewellyn adds 'there is normally an excellent atmosphere within Pittodrie, although it is sometimes lacking for the smaller games'. I think Pittodrie gets the vote as one of the most coldest grounds in Britain. Even in spring the biting breeze off the North Sea which is only a few hundred yards away from the perimeter of the ground, can go right through you. Outside look out for the granite entrance to the Merkland Family Stand.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Game your thinking of was dec 2009 and Stokes scored twice in 2-0 win.

Yip it was my husband's (then boyfriend) first away game and it was snowing

B.H.F.C
11-04-2018, 07:28 PM
I think they can extend the away section at Pittodrie. The area we usually get is smaller than the one Celtic and Rangers get, there's a further dividing fence further up the stand.

Away fans are housed on the one side of the South Stand. Up to 4,500 supporters can be accommodated in this part of the ground (although the normal allocation is around 2,500). Peter Llewellyn adds 'there is normally an excellent atmosphere within Pittodrie, although it is sometimes lacking for the smaller games'. I think Pittodrie gets the vote as one of the most coldest grounds in Britain. Even in spring the biting breeze off the North Sea which is only a few hundred yards away from the perimeter of the ground, can go right through you. Outside look out for the granite entrance to the Merkland Family Stand.

Pretty sure they cut the allocation for those two and they now only get the same area as us.

If our normal bit holds 2500 that’ll be enough anyway.

green with envy
11-04-2018, 07:29 PM

Have we ever?... Been going regular since the first time i went and stood behind the goals opposite the beach end and don't remember ever filling our end to capacity, inc the free bus SC game.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2018, 07:37 PM

You know something PB, I must have been to Pittodrie (in various states of personal repair) close to 70 times and I'm sad to say I've never clocked that entrance.

Keith_M
11-04-2018, 07:56 PM
You know something PB, I must have been to Pittodrie (in various states of personal repair) close to 70 times and I'm sad to say I've never clocked that entrance.

There you go...

https://aberdeenvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/merkalndpic2.jpg

Iggy Pope
11-04-2018, 08:14 PM
There you go...

https://aberdeenvoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/merkalndpic2.jpg

Nice. I hope that gets reinstated at their ***** new place or preserved at the flats they build on the old place. Must get a look.

Hannah_hfc
11-04-2018, 08:21 PM
Coldest I’ve ever been at a game. I remember being in the back row and the snow still landing on me.

Likewise, I can’t even remember much from the game apart from how cold it was.

Lived on the same street as Pittodrie at the time but still put me off going for while

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 09:23 PM
2-0 was it no? Stokesy double.

I did say it was a while ago😄

tamig
11-04-2018, 09:31 PM
Nice. I hope that gets reinstated at their ***** new place or preserved at the flats they build on the old place. Must get a look.
Is that behind the goal at the opposite end to the beach end? We used to get that stand. Remember being in there at a game not long after Tom Hart died.

Iggy Pope
11-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Is that behind the goal at the opposite end to the beach end? We used to get that stand. Remember being in there at a game not long after Tom Hart died.

Can't be. I did spend the entire 1980s in a 1970s coma mind you.

penihibs
11-04-2018, 09:55 PM
That's Train and hotel booked for the Saturday,hope I get a ticket.
Deserve one for the trip in December when we got hammered and pnuemonia thrown in!
GGTTH.

Frazerbob
11-04-2018, 09:59 PM

Yes, the Merkland Road end.

Frazerbob
11-04-2018, 10:00 PM
Pretty sure they cut the allocation for those two and they now only get the same area as us.

If our normal bit holds 2500 that’ll be enough anyway.

That’s correct, the Infirm get the same as us now.

Diclonius
11-04-2018, 10:03 PM

Nah. We won 1-0 there near the end of the 10-11 season in a nothing game. Sodje scored a great goal.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 10:07 PM
That’s correct, the Infirm get the same as us now.

Can’t see the area we get holding 2,500 though. We only get the last 3 blocks. The South Stand holds 4,500, and we get 3 blocks out of approx 8
Think we’ll get no more than 1,500 Max

tamig
11-04-2018, 10:26 PM
Can't be. I did spend the entire 1980s in a 1970s coma mind you.
Definitely was. Just before I started drinking so I have clear recollections 😀

Frazerbob
11-04-2018, 10:43 PM
Can’t see the area we get holding 2,500 though. We only get the last 3 blocks. The South Stand holds 4,500, and we get 3 blocks out of approx 8
Think we’ll get no more than 1,500 Max

The South holds more than that. The away end is around 2k, the middle section which the OF used to get will be another 2k odd. I’d estimate about 6k for the full South stand.

Billy Whizz
12-04-2018, 07:14 AM
The South holds more than that. The away end is around 2k, the middle section which the OF used to get will be another 2k odd. I’d estimate about 6k for the full South stand.

No worries, just took it from one of the online stadium guides

green&left
12-04-2018, 07:30 AM
Away end holds 2100 according to an article from a few seasons back when it was announced they'd be cutting OF allocation...

Stokesy's on fire
12-04-2018, 09:00 AM
i will be heading to this one and i will be buying my tickets in advance as well. 3pm kick off is perfect

Garymcl
12-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Canny wait for this game not had a 3pm kick off there for a while good day out for our group going by train :flag:

Tynie01011973
12-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Canny wait for this game not had a 3pm kick off there for a while good day out for our group going by train :flag:

Booked rail tickets for our group 😁 Wonder when tickets will go on sale?

Hibby70
12-04-2018, 11:20 AM
What's the alcohol rules on the train if you get on prior to 10:00. Will police/scotrail stop you taking it on at 8:30 or are the quite relaxed in the morning?

Albanian Hibs
12-04-2018, 11:30 AM
What's the alcohol rules on the train if you get on prior to 10:00. Will police/scotrail stop you taking it on at 8:30 or are the quite relaxed in the morning?

Just be discreet. We took a carry out on the 7.30 train to Aberdeen the last time. Hide your drink until 10.

Spudster
12-04-2018, 01:36 PM
That entrance is for the Merkland (home family stand) and South (home fans only).

Keith_M
12-04-2018, 02:01 PM

Somewhere between 6-7,000, I think.

As an aside, my first ever game at Pittodrie was in 1983 and we thought we might beat them, as they would be tired out after winning the CWC the previous Wednesday............ We got humped 5-0!

I also remember being part of a group of teenage Hibbies, from various Supporters Buses, that chased a group of local Neds in Argyl Sweaters before the game, in Links Road where our buses were parked. I wasn't impressed with them at all.

Stokesy's on fire
12-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Somewhere between 6-7,000, I think.

As an aside, my first ever game at Pittodrie was in 1983 and we thought we might beat them, as they would be tired out after winning the CWC the previous Wednesday............ We got humped 5-0!

I also remember being part of a group of teenage Hibbies, from various Supporters Buses, that chased a group of local Neds in Argyl Sweaters before the game, in Links Road where our buses were parked. I wasn't impressed with them at all.

i don't think they even have a mob these days so at least their will be none of that :greengrin