PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: POST-SPLIT FIXTURES CONFIRMED

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 01:17 PM
Anyone know how this gets resolved?

Best I can figure out (and assuming Motherwell don't make the top six) each team's fixtures should be the following Home/Away balance and the split below for an even Home/Away balance versus the opposition over the season:

Hibs (3 home / 2 away)
H Celtic Killie Rangers
A Aberdeen Hearts

Rangers (2 home / 3 away)
A Hibs Celtic Aberdeen Hearts Killie

Aberdeen (2 home / 3 away)
H Hibs Hearts Rangers
A Killie Celtic

Celtic (3 home / 2 away)
H Aberdeen Killie Rangers
A Hibs Hearts

Killie (2 home / 3 away)
H Aberdeen Hearts Rangers
A Hibs Celtic

Hearts (3 home / 2 away)
H Hibs Celtic Rangers
A Aberdeen Killie

There are 3 broken team - Rangers, Killie and Aberdeen).
The shortest route I can see is Rangers get home games against Killie and Aberdeen.

Are they going to try to resolve it based on expectations though?
In which case, Aberdeen would expect a home tie against Rangers.

I believe that first rule is that every team has to play equal Home/Away fixtures over the season?

Anyone know how this works out / how they justify crunching the numbers so that Rangers wind up with Hibs and Aberdeen at Ibrox?

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 01:23 PM

Best I can figure out (and assuming Motherwell don't make the top six) each team's fixtures should be the following Home/Away balance and the split below for an even Home/Away balance versus the opposition over the season:

Hibs (3 home / 2 away)
H Celtic Killie Rangers
A Aberdeen Hearts

H Hibs Hearts Rangers
A Killie Celtic

Celtic (3 home / 2 away)
A Hibs Hearts

Killie (2 home / 3 away)
A Hibs Celtic

Hearts (3 home / 2 away)
H Hibs Celtic Rangers
A Aberdeen Killie

The shortest route I can see is Rangers get home games against Killie and Aberdeen.

I believe that first rule is that every team has to play equal Home/Away fixtures over the season?

Anyone know how this works out / how they justify crunching the numbers so that Rangers wind up with Hibs and Aberdeen at Ibrox?

We are the lowest ranked team so will essentially lose out (based on last season final standings). This will mean we end up with 2 Home and 3 away to make it even. What should happen is hearts and Killie should lose out as they have less to play for, but that won’t happen. We will play Celtic and Killie at home and Aberdeen hearts and Rangers away.

murray26
02-04-2018, 01:27 PM
Heard Sevco will play Celtic 1st up which would give us the chance to overtake them hopefully..

Wheat Hound
02-04-2018, 01:34 PM
Celtic v Sevco first round and Celtic likely at home last game for trophy presentation so our home game v them probably one of middle 3 fixture dates. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the midweek date and on tv.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 01:39 PM
Celtic v Sevco first round and Celtic likely at home last game for trophy presentation so our home game v them probably one of middle 3 fixture dates. Wouldn't be surprised if it's the midweek date and on tv.

Won’t be on tv. Only get a few home games on tv and the last one is a certainty to be on tv as they’ll be getting the trophy.

Albanian Hibs
02-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Heard Sevco will play Celtic 1st up which would give us the chance to overtake them hopefully..

Heard from who exactly?

WoreTheGreen
02-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Heard from who exactly?

Guy in the pub obviously

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 01:56 PM
We are the lowest ranked team so will essentially lose out (based on last season final standings). This will mean we end up with 2 Home and 3 away to make it even. What should happen is hearts and Killie should lose out as they have less to play for, but that won’t happen. We will play Celtic and Killie at home and Aberdeen hearts and Rangers away.

So based on that the logic is that you must receive a balancing home or away fixture against any other side expected to finish in the same half of the split as you and this takes precedence over a balanced home / away split?

davhibby
02-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Heard from who exactly?

It was in the papers a few weeks back but since celtic can win the league that week now they'll probably have changed their minds

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 01:57 PM
So based on that the logic is that you must receive a balancing home or away fixture against any other side expected to finish in the same half of the split as you and this takes precedence over a balanced home / away split?

It’s impossible for all 6 clubs to have a 19/19 split.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 02:01 PM
It’s impossible for all 6 clubs to have a 19/19 split.

Doesn't Rangers getting a home game against Killie and Aberdeen do that?

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 02:04 PM
There's a quote from Iain Blair (the SPLF Secretary) from February:

"The most important thing is to try to ensure clubs finish the season having played 19 games at home and 19 away. Unfortunately to facilitate this some clubs will need to gain one home game and some will need to lose one to ensure balance."

The part about losting and gaining home games is ambiguous but it implies the overall 19/19 split is at least being considered.

plhibs
02-04-2018, 02:04 PM
I know about the lowest ranked teams etc. but it's a farce that we could be playing the huns for 2nd place and would be made to play 3 games at ibrox. The sooner this split is done away with the better, but football in this country has never been about anything but the 2 gfa teams. Hate it.

Michael
02-04-2018, 02:07 PM

I thibk Aberdeen are one short based on the original post.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 02:12 PM

4 clubs are due 3 Home games. Impossible to do.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 02:15 PM
I thibk Aberdeen are one short based on the original post.

Balls. Oh well - just have to beat them at Ibrox. Again.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 02:16 PM
4 clubs are due 3 Home games. Impossible to do.

Yeah - thought Aberdeen had one more home game before the split.
Bah!

Diclonius
02-04-2018, 02:16 PM

That "last season rankings" thing is a joke. It should be based on performance this season, i.e. the lowest placed team at the time loses out. Ridiculous.

Of course, we might not have had this problem if Rangers weren't given two home games against Celtic AND Aberdeen AND Hearts AND Hibs.

Barney McGrew
02-04-2018, 02:20 PM
Of course, we might not have had this problem if Rangers weren't given two home games against Celtic AND Aberdeen AND Hearts AND Hibs.

AND Killie :cb

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 02:20 PM
That "last season rankings" thing is a joke. It should be based on performance this season, i.e. the lowest placed team at the time loses out. Ridiculous.

It should just be common sense if there are clubs with nothing to play for. A wee compensation payment as well due to lost revenue. Unfortunately, we all know that won’t haopen.

The Leith Dutch
02-04-2018, 02:21 PM

On the bright side - extra laughs if they then lose to us and Aberdeen resulting in them finishing fourth and then Motherwell win the Cup.
Now that would be funny.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 02:40 PM
A wee compensation payment as well due to lost revenue. Unfortunately, we all know that won’t haopen.

That's what's angering me the most.

Rangers get the revenue from 20 home games and we only get 18, missing out on a lucrative category A match in the process.

allezsauzee
02-04-2018, 02:41 PM
Given that we've only lost 2 games away this season , I don't think we should be overly bothered about who we play at home and away to be honest. Getting Celtic towards the end would probably be a bonus as they will be on their holidays by then.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 02:56 PM
It's shocking that we might be the ones losing out here.

As others have said, they shouldn't be basing it on league positions from last season, it should be based on current league positions.

Without being funny, assuming they make the top six, Hearts have absolutely nothing to play for, for the rest of the season. They should be the ones who are made to lose out if any imbalance needs rectified.

We are very much in with a shout of 2nd place as things stand and although we've already beaten Rangers twice at Ibrox this season and have a very good recent record there overall, we should have an even split of home and away fixtures against our nearest competitors.

Monts
02-04-2018, 03:03 PM
Obviously it will never happen, especially not in Scotland, but would it not make more sense in terms of improving the competition, for the highest placed team to be the one to miss out. They are the ones who will already have an advantage due to their points in the bag, and most likely, be the ones in least need of the money.

plhibs
02-04-2018, 03:05 PM
It's shocking that we might be the ones losing out here.

As others have said, they shouldn't be basing it on league positions from last season, it should be based on current league positions.

Without being funny, assuming they make the top six, Hearts have absolutely nothing to play for, for the rest of the season. They should be the ones who are made to lose out if any imbalance needs rectified.

We are very much in with a shout of 2nd place as things stand and although we've already beaten Rangers twice at Ibrox this season and have a very good recent record there overall, we should have an even split of home and away fixtures against our nearest competitors.

This just makes too much common sense, it's much more sensible to make sure the huns get into Europe.:rolleyes:

Ken
02-04-2018, 03:06 PM

Rangers get the revenue from 20 home games and we only get 18, missing out on a lucrative category A match in the process.

The SPFL won’t give Rangers an extra home game.

I think they’ll give us Celtic and Rangers at home with the rest away from home.

I’d actually rather have Killie at home and Rangers away. Killie away on that pitch is a tough place to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davhibby
02-04-2018, 03:11 PM
The SPFL won’t give Rangers an extra home game.

I think they’ll give us Celtic and Rangers at home with the rest away from home.

I’d actually rather have Killie at home and Rangers away. Killie away on that pitch is a tough place to go

That would just result in more things wrong than there are to start with. We'll definitely have Celtic and Killie at home and Aberdeen and Hearts away. I'd imagine it'll be 2 out of us, Killie or Hearts that have to go to Ibrox. Killie are pretty much a stick on for that.

LustForLeith
02-04-2018, 03:16 PM
I’d wish they’d gone ahead with the original intention of everybody stating wth zero points after the split. You could finish sixth, win all your games after the split then win the league. Likewise finish seventh, lose all your games and get relegated.

I’m sure they did it in the Dutch league to determine the last Champions League place.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Obviously it will never happen, especially not in Scotland, but would it not make more sense in terms of improving the competition, for the highest placed team to be the one to miss out. They are the ones who will already have an advantage due to their points in the bag, and most likely, be the ones in least need of the money.

The argument against that would be that the higher placed team was being punished for having had a better season.

Monts
02-04-2018, 03:32 PM
The argument against that would be that the higher placed team was being punished for having had a better season.

Why "punished"? Are hibs being "punished"?

There is an anomaly in the fixtures. Someone has to be put out. The team that it would affect least are the ones who have the most points and the most money.

Michael
02-04-2018, 03:38 PM
I’d wish they’d gone ahead with the original intention of everybody stating wth zero points after the split. You could finish sixth, win all your games after the split then win the league. Likewise finish seventh, lose all your games and get relegated.

I’m sure they did it in the Dutch league to determine the last Champions League place.

That could actually work here. TV companies would be happy as you'd still get the 4 OF derbys and the end of the season is guarenteed to be exciting and meaningful.

Bit harsh if a team is running away with the title pre-split, but you can't tick every box.

Edit: maybe not start on zero, but get a 5 bonus points for first pre-split, 4 for second etc.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 03:43 PM
Why "punished"? Are hibs being "punished"?

There is an anomaly in the fixtures. Someone has to be put out. The team that it would affect least are the ones who have the most points and the most money.

I understand your point, but that's how it would be perceived.

We could end up above Rangers before the split.

I wouldn't want us to lose out because we'd had a better first 33 games than them. Killie wouldn't want to lose a home game to Hearts in a similar scenario, and they certainly don't have more money.

As you say, there is a horrible and unfortunate anomaly, but I don't think clubs should lose out because they've been more successful.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 03:44 PM

How would that help solve the problem with the number of home/away games?

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 03:45 PM

Rangers can’t get 20 home games, no one in the top 6 will. One team will ace 18, the rest will have 19.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 03:45 PM
Rangers can’t get 20 home games, no one in the top 6 will. One team will ace 18, the rest will have 19.

:aok:

danhibees1875
02-04-2018, 03:49 PM

Not for me. Cup competitions have the all or nothing element at the end and the league is for the best team over the course of the season.

I can't think of a way to justify how hearts (or Killie, Hibs, Aberdeen, and rangers this season) should be league winners just on the back of a 5 game run.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-04-2018, 03:53 PM

That would be mental. Imagine Hearts scrape into the top 6 on goal difference then win 3 of their last 5 games 1-0 and win the league [emoji85]

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 03:57 PM

You think it's fair that a team that's finished 6th after 33 games could potentially win a league title? :confused:

Onion
02-04-2018, 03:59 PM
Balls. Oh well - just have to beat them at Ibrox. Again.

If so, then Lennon should receive immunity for any GIRUY gestures he directs towards the Hum Hoards and any sectarian singing by the Huns should see then forfeit the 3 points. With those pre-conditions, we should agree to play them again at Hunbrox. Only fair.

Onion
02-04-2018, 04:05 PM

Ironic that Hibs season ticket holders who have contributed to the success of the team by buying up STs in record numbers are the ones who lose out - 18 rather than the expected 19 games :rolleyes:

And the cheating Huns and 40,000 bigots get another opportunity to drool over John McGinn and Hibernian.

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2018, 04:18 PM
I've got an idea. And this may appear radical but hear me out.

Why don't we just go for a standard league set up next season?

Quicker we move to two leagues of 18 or 20 the better. The split is a farce.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sundo1875
02-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Try telling that to Sky and BT

Callyballybe
02-04-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm more annoyed that we're losing out on another 20,000+ attendance at ER this season due to this. Couple this with Celtic coming to us again, and that would be 6 games this season were the attendance has been north of 20,000.

I know there won't be, but compensation for us losing out on such a turnout at home for a paltry 900 tickets away is something that the SFA should really be looking into - Or at least something we should be highlighting as a club.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Try telling that to Sky and BT

Or our own club?

Greenbeard
02-04-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm more annoyed that we're losing out on another 20,000+ attendance at ER this season due to this. Couple this with Celtic coming to us again, and that would be 6 games this season were the attendance has been north of 20,000.

I know there won't be, but compensation for us losing out on such a turnout at home for a paltry 900 tickets away is something that the SFA should really be looking into - Or at least something we should be highlighting as a club.
Whatever Hibs would net from a full house match v the Huns should be the compen paid - not by the SFA but by the Huns. Anyone know what this is i.e. ticket income, hospitality income shop sales etc less match/stadium costs.

SteveHFC
02-04-2018, 04:50 PM
I reckon the clubs already know the potential fixtures and venues depending on what teams are in the top 6, so the fact that NL is now mentioning ipox for a third time makes me think its a cert

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 04:54 PM

Whatever Hibs would net from a full house match v the Huns should be the compen paid - not by the SFA but by the Huns. Anyone know what this is i.e. ticket income, hospitality income shop sales etc less match/stadium costs.
We'll still end the season with an even split of 19 home and 19 away though so there's no reason why should we be given the financial benefits of a 20th game. If the club made that argument the SFA/SPLFL (whoever is in charge) would rightly argue that it's not Rangers fault that we can't get 20k against Kilmarnock.

We will have had an extra home game before the split so having an extra away game after it isn't the problem, the problem is the competitive advantage that it would give Rangers if we have to play them at Ibrox again.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 05:00 PM
We'll still end the season with an even split of 19 home and 19 away though so there's no reason why should we be given the financial benefits of a 20th game. If the club made that argument the SFA/SPLFL (whoever is in charge) would rightly argue that it's not Rangers fault that we can't get 20k against Kilmarnock.

We will have had an extra home game before the split so having an extra away game after it isn't the problem, the problem is the competitive advantage that it would give Rangers if we have to play them at Ibrox again.

We'll have had 16 home games before the split.

We have to play Aberdeen and Hearts away. If we also go to Ibrox, we'll only have had 18 home games for the season.

Sir David Gray

If we only get two home games after the split, we'll end up playing 18 games at home and 20 away.

My_Wife_Camille
Ironic that Hibs season ticket holders who have contributed to the success of the team by buying up STs in record numbers are the ones who lose out - 18 rather than the expected 19 games :rolleyes:

And the cheating Huns and 40,000 bigots get another opportunity to drool over John McGinn and Hibernian.
We'd still get 19 home games though, 17 pre split and 2 post split

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 05:01 PM

16 pre-split.

Sir David Gray
02-04-2018, 05:02 PM

We have only played 15 games at home so far, tomorrow night takes that to 16.

My_Wife_Camille
02-04-2018, 05:03 PM
We'll have had 16 home games before the split.

We have to play Aberdeen and Hearts away. If we also go to Ibrox, we'll only have had 18 home games for the season.

If we only get two home games after the split, we'll end up playing 18 games at home and 20 away.
Ok I follow. I was working on the assumption that since we played at home first game of the season that we had more home games. A lazy assumption

I'm now fully on board with the seethe

JeMeSouviens
02-04-2018, 05:27 PM

Hibs (3 home / 2 away)
H Celtic Killie Rangers
A Aberdeen Hearts

H Hibs Hearts Rangers
A Killie Celtic

Celtic (3 home / 2 away)
A Hibs Hearts

Killie (2 home / 3 away)
A Hibs Celtic

Hearts (3 home / 2 away)
H Hibs Celtic Rangers
A Aberdeen Killie

That is incredible. Leaving Killie aside as they've maybe been the surprise package - the SPFL scheduled Sevco to have 2 home games vs Celtc, Sheepies, us & Hertz? Do you think they were worried Pedro wouldn't make the split or something? :wink:

where'stheslope
02-04-2018, 06:01 PM
I'm sure all the rules were down in writing before a ball was kicked at the start of the season!!
I for one feel we have done a lot better than expected in our first season back!
If we were having to play another away game in the bottom 6 it would be more of a shocker, but we are vying for a place in Europe so an extra away game if it comes will just have to be played and maybe it will bolster the team if they feel it is unjust!!!!

danhibees1875
02-04-2018, 06:08 PM
I wonder if we'll get rangers away, but Aberdeen at home.

Then Killie also go to Ibrox once again.

I think that would make it work. :confused:

flash
02-04-2018, 06:09 PM

Exactly. Imagine the excitement of ending the season with ICT away then QOS at home.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 06:16 PM
I wonder if we'll get rangers away, but Aberdeen at home.

Then Killie also go to Ibrox once again.

I think that would make it work. :confused:

I think Aberdeen will only have had 16 home games pre-split too.

danhibees1875
02-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I think Aberdeen will only have had 16 home games pre-split too.

The OP says they're due 2 at home (hearts and rangers in my example) - I didn't double check that though.

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 06:20 PM
The OP says they're due 2 at home (hearts and rangers in my example) - I didn't double check that though.

I'll check again.

edit: 16 right enough.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 06:22 PM
I'll check again.

Aberdeen by next Saturday will have played 16 at home/17 away

Hibbyradge
02-04-2018, 06:25 PM
Aberdeen by next Saturday will have played 16 at home/17 away

:agree:

danhibees1875
02-04-2018, 06:25 PM
I'll check again.

You're right.

Give Aberdeen Celtic at home, give Celtic hearts at home, and give hearts a shrug of the shoulders.

Sorted.

Hibernian Verse
02-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Exactly. Imagine the excitement of ending the season with ICT away then QOS at home.I think I'd be pretty excited about those games if we were chasing second. Which we are.

Billy Whizz
02-04-2018, 06:44 PM
My main concern, is I don’t want to have to buy tickets for 3 Catetgory A games, when it should be 2. That’s £30 out of my wallet, plus travel costs

wookie70
02-04-2018, 07:23 PM
My main concern, is I don’t want to have to buy tickets for 3 Catetgory A games, when it should be 2. That’s £30 out of my wallet, plus travel costs

That would be my point. The club may lose out but so may any season ticket holder and doubly so if they attend away games.

There were quite a few on here that were pointing out the possibility of this the day the fixtures were announced. Yes Killie and us may have been a wee surprise in the top 6 but surely anyone with half a brain would have made sure The Rangers were playing at least 2 away games against one of Hearts, Aberdeen or Celtic pre-split. If a toddler had worked out the fixtures they would have been able to do a better job, unless it was a crooked toddler of course.

jgl07
02-04-2018, 08:35 PM
What a pathetic shambles of a League the Scottish Premiership is.

Hibs face the prospect of trying to collect a European place while playing 18 matches at home and 20 away. Not to mention going to a hellhole like Ibrox three times in one season.

Apart from anything else, Hibs should have been seeded for a top six position. Were Rangers seeded to finish in the bottom six a year earlier and Hearts the year before?

Borderhibbie76
02-04-2018, 09:01 PM
I reckon the clubs already know the potential fixtures and venues depending on what teams are in the top 6, so the fact that NL is now mentioning ipox for a third time makes me think its a certMore likely NL is trying to force the SPFL not to send us back there a 3rd time...thinks that's why he keeps mentioning it and rightly so

mca
02-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Could you imagine the uproar if they did Such Split unfairly in engurland.. efinghell

BlackSheep
02-04-2018, 09:13 PM
The fixture seeding should be based on pre-split too 6 positions.... therefor the 5th and 6th placed teams get the short straw. This rings of the fair way to do it in my books.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 09:17 PM

Why would you punish rangers for this shambles? There’s a lot to blame them for but this scenario isn’t their doing and they’ve been in the wrong side of it 2/3 times too.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2018, 09:24 PM
Rangers have benefitted from playing the bigger sides twice each at home in the 1st 33 games, where as we have gone to Glasgow to play the Bigot Bros 4 times out of a potential 6.

What is wrong with playing Rangers, Celtic and Killie at Home with Aberdeen and Hearts away? That’s fair for us.

If it doesn’t work out for The Rangers, tough, they’ve benefitted pre split.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Rangers have benefitted from playing the bigger sides twice each at home in the 1st 33 games, where as we have gone to Glasgow to play the Bigot Bros 4 times out of a potential 6.

What is wrong with playing Rangers, Celtic and Killie at Home with Aberdeen and Hearts away? That’s fair for us.

If it doesn’t work out for The Rangers, tough, they’ve benefitted pre split.

So suit us by having 19/19 but rangers have 16/22? 😂 aye very good. I’m not jackpot a going back through there and still hopeful common sense prevails, especially as the side with nothing to play for were accommodated early in the season and made a lot of money by playing the rules.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2018, 09:33 PM
So suit us by having 19/19 but rangers have 16/22? 😂 aye very good. I’m not jackpot a going back through there and still hopeful common sense prevails, especially as the side with nothing to play for were accommodated early in the season and made a lot of money by playing the rules.

If that’s the way it works out then so be it...why should we have to go away to ibrox for a 3rd time?

Like ive said, they have benefitted by playing the current top 6 twice at home already. Why should they benefit further?

Danderhall Hibs
02-04-2018, 09:37 PM

Good point. And we’d all miss out on a game from our season ticket.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 09:37 PM
If that’s the way it works out then so be it...why should we have to go away to ibrox for a 3rd time?

Like ive said, they have benefitted by playing the current top 6 twice at home already. Why should they benefit further?

If you read my post I don’t agree we should have to go back through but you can’t make them play 16/22 split, that’s just ludicrous. I’m sure we’d be over the moon if it was us losing out on 50,000 fans or so, they’d be missing out on 150,000 fans through the door.

Libby Hibby
02-04-2018, 09:45 PM
If you read my post I don’t agree we should have to go back through but you can’t make them play 16/22 split, that’s just ludicrous. I’m sure we’d be over the moon if it was us losing out on 50,000 fans or so, they’d be missing out on 150,000 fans through the door.

Shame.

But my point still is that they have had bigger games at home more often than us pre split so they have benefitted. To then give them 2 home games, which they may be entitled too numbers wise but certainly not in the spirit of fairness against the current top 6, then they are further benefitting.

It’s not really their fault but it is not for us to be penalised to try and make amends.

hibbysam
02-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Shame.

But my point still is that they have had bigger games at home more often than us pre split so they have benefitted. To then give them 2 home games, which they may be entitled too numbers wise but certainly not in the spirit of fairness against the current top 6, then they are further benefitting.

It’s not really their fault but it is not for us to be penalised to try and make amends.

So you’d be happy to have 5 away games post split if we had played the rest at home? Best leave it there then.

Austinho
03-04-2018, 12:44 AM
As has been mentioned earlier, the sensible thing would have been to have 6th place after the split THIS SEASON as the lowest ranked, not the lowest ranked from LAST SEASON (us).

This would circumvent giving teams with European places to play for an unfair advantage over the others. Hopefully the SPFL see sense, but when have they ever before.

Callyballybe
03-04-2018, 06:59 AM

Yes, the competitive edge is another advantage that Rangers will get from playing us at home - no one would disagree with that (surely.) But to say that the SFA could 'rightly' argue that because we can't fill our staduim against a lesser team that that isn't their problem is wrong. Every team benefits financially from the old firm visiting, removing one of these visits is quite simply unfair. The Old Firm are in a league of their own in this circumstance, it's not the same as removing a home tie to Kilmarnock or Dundee etc (I do realise you didn't say it was - using this point for argument's sake.)

Admittedly however, with the form we're on, another home game against Kilmarnock (or whoever) would probably still bring in an 18,000 crowd at ER at present, which I didn't consider. So financially the hit probably won't be that bad.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 08:20 AM
As has been mentioned earlier, the sensible thing would have been to have 6th place after the split THIS SEASON as the lowest ranked, not the lowest ranked from LAST SEASON (us).

This would circumvent giving teams with European places to play for an unfair advantage over the others. Hopefully the SPFL see sense, but when have they ever before.

I haven't heard the rationale for using last season's places, but on the face of it, your suggestion seems logical.

It would also add significance to the post split games. For example, this season Hearts are happy to be in the top 6 and it doesn't really matter if they win their remaining games or not.

Under your system, there might be extra incentive.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 08:24 AM
So reading through this thread, looking like we will have to go to Ibrox for a 3rd time, but are we predicting we’ll get 2 or 3 at home post split?

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 08:34 AM
So reading through this thread, looking like we will have to go to Ibrox for a 3rd time, but are we predicting we’ll get 2 or 3 at home post split?

2 Billy. Celtic and Killie.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 08:40 AM
2 Billy. Celtic and Killie.

That’s disappointing

Fergus52
03-04-2018, 08:50 AM
The consensus on a thread on pie and Bovril a few weeks ago was that we'd likely still play rangers at home and someone else would get a third trip to Ibrox.

Can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure someone had worked out a set of fixtures where everyone still played an equal number of home and away games.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 08:55 AM
The consensus on a thread on pie and Bovril a few weeks ago was that we'd likely still play rangers at home and someone else would get a third trip to Ibrox.

Can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure someone had worked out a set of fixtures where everyone still played an equal number of home and away games.

I'd like to see that.

GreenCastle
03-04-2018, 08:55 AM
So 3rd last home game of the season tonight then..

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 08:59 AM

It’s impossible.

The Leith Dutch
03-04-2018, 10:13 AM
The fixture seeding should be based on pre-split too 6 positions.... therefor the 5th and 6th placed teams get the short straw. This rings of the fair way to do it in my books.

Seeding is the issue in itself for me.

It's the fact we have a league that requires you to either accurately predict which half of the table each team will finish in or to get lucky in order to be able to achieve the basic requirements of having an equal number of home and away fixtures is properly mental.

We also appear to be potentially getting a four way kicking:
- One fewer home match than we deserve
- Play one of the competing teams three times away
- That team being a direct rival in a neck and neck race
- Losing the gate money for a pretty much nailed on full house at home

The Leith Dutch
03-04-2018, 10:17 AM

As someone else pointed out - it is impossible (my original maths on how many home games Aberdeen needed was off and they're due 3 rather than 2).

If they want to persist with this nonsense of a split then they should at least enshrine neutral venue and gate share for any corrective action required. Hun at Murray field and split the receipts.

DH1875
03-04-2018, 10:24 AM
Surely hearts should play at Ibrox. They've got nothing to play for and they already got the ticket money from the 14k rangers fans who were at murryfield.

JeMeSouviens
03-04-2018, 10:26 AM
As someone else pointed out - it is impossible (my original maths on how many home games Aberdeen needed was off and they're due 3 rather than 2).

If they want to persist with this nonsense of a split then they should at least enshrine neutral venue and gate share for any corrective action required. Hun at Murray field and split the receipts.

A split after 3 rounds is the problem. You could make it work with 14 teams: play everybody x2 then split to top 6 and bottom 8 and play x2 again. Top 6 have 36 games, bottom 8 40. Or just have 18 teams playing each other x2. Competing teams having different sets of fixtures is just fundamentally unfair. I can't believe it's lasted as long as it has tbh.

The Leith Dutch
03-04-2018, 10:45 AM
A split after 3 rounds is the problem. You could make it work with 14 teams: play everybody x2 then split to top 6 and bottom 8 and play x2 again. Top 6 have 36 games, bottom 8 40. Or just have 18 teams playing each other x2. Competing teams having different sets of fixtures is just fundamentally unfair. I can't believe it's lasted as long as it has tbh.

It's surprising just how easy it is to come up with stuff that's not the mental situation we currently have.

The 6/8 one is more likely I guess as I'm guessing nowhere near enough of the current club boards are willingly going to give up 4 fixtures against the old firm. Which is really quite annoying - work on getting a good team on the park and winning games - the latter being more likely when you're not up against a team with a massive resource advantage every four and a half games.

Do that and I think, as we're establishing with our attendances this season, the hit from losing two old firm home games is greatly reduced.

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2018, 10:54 AM
It's surprising just how easy it is to come up with stuff that's not the mental situation we currently have.

The 6/8 one is more likely I guess as I'm guessing nowhere near enough of the current club boards are willingly going to give up 4 fixtures against the old firm. Which is really quite annoying - work on getting a good team on the park and winning games - the latter being more likely when you're not up against a team with a massive resource advantage every four and a half games.

Do that and I think, as we're establishing with our attendances this season, the hit from losing two old firm home games is greatly reduced.
A 6/8 split where the bottom section play 4 more games is even more mental than what happens now.

I'm in the minority who quite likes the split but these venue problems need to be addressed

Fergus52
03-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Managed to dig out the old thread I previously mentioned: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/250013-post-split-fixtures/&page=3

That has us playing Rangers at home and all of the top 6 having an equal number of home and away games over the course of the season.

If it was arranged as presented there the only fans who could complain would be the jambos at having to go to Ibrox and Rugby Park for a third time, but they wont be competing for anything anyway so can just suck it up :greengrin.

Fergus52
03-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Managed to dig out the old thread I previously mentioned: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/250013-post-split-fixtures/&page=3

That has us playing Rangers at home and all of the top 6 having an equal number of home and away games over the course of the season.

If it was arranged as presented there the only fans who could complain would be the jambos at having to go to Ibrox and Rugby Park for a third time, but they wont be competing for anything anyway so can just suck it up :greengrin.

Just saw that further down on that thread the guy realises he made a mistake. So one out of us, hearts or aberdeen will end up playing 20 away games.

lapsedhibee
03-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Just saw that further down on that thread the guy realises he made a mistake. So one out of us, hearts or aberdeen will end up playing 20 away games.

Presumably someone in the bottom six will end up with 20 home games then. Presumably the same sort of conversation is going on in the forums of those clubs for whom relegation is a prospect. Double farce!

Spike Mandela
03-04-2018, 11:19 AM
The golden rule is.. RANGERS MUST NEVER BE DISADVANTAGED.

THE SFA and SPFL have ensured this for years.

lord bunberry
03-04-2018, 11:20 AM
I reckon the clubs already know the potential fixtures and venues depending on what teams are in the top 6, so the fact that NL is now mentioning ipox for a third time makes me think its a cert
I think you’re right. When the Hamilton game was cancelled I tried to switch the hospitality to one of the post split fixtures. I got an email back saying we’d have two home post split fixtures.

AgentDaleCooper
03-04-2018, 11:24 AM
I'd much rather go to celtic park again, as much as i'd fancy us at ipox i would absolutely love to give them a drubbing at easter road.

ian cruise
03-04-2018, 11:26 AM

Absolutely. Wouldn't have happened last season when they were just promoted. Basing it on last season rather than where you are at the time of the split is farcical in itself. Sadly we don't even try hide the advantages the old firm are provided by our governing bodies (including those the clubs themselves run).

Fergus52
03-04-2018, 11:33 AM
I think you’re right. When the Hamilton game was cancelled I tried to switch the hospitality to one of the post split fixtures. I got an email back saying we’d have two home post split fixtures.

That's a joke if true, giving rangers an extra home game against us when we're directly competing for second is a farce, sporting integrity, aye right.

Giving hearts the extra away game is more fair considering they have nothing left to play for. No surprise the SFA are doing all they can to ensure rangers get second place :rolleyes:

jgl07
03-04-2018, 11:44 AM
Can anyone tell me why we should treat this farcical league seriously?

It’s a bad joke that has been running since the ludicrous structure was first devised.

If it’s essential to have a split then expand to 14 teams and play home and away giving 13 hone plus 13 away. Split into a top six with five home and 5 away giving 18 home and 18 away for all six.

The bottom eight would have seven home and seven away giving 20 home and 20 away.

Introduce a play-off for European places between 3rd and 4th. Scrap the relegation play-off for Premiership teams with the bottom two going down. The promotion play-off could be retained for the Championship with the top team promoted and the next four in a knock- out for promotion.

The current system was never intended to be permanent. There was an intention to expand the PL from 10 to 12 and then to 14 and maybe beyond. They got stuck at the first phase.

What revenue would Hibs be losing from a missing sell out against Sevco?

Time for the fans to stand up on this issue. It was only fan power that stopped Sevco being fast tracked into the Championship and maybe the Premiership.

danhibees1875
03-04-2018, 12:00 PM
How often does the split cause this issue?

I'll be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the top league the last 3 years and I vaguely remember us once getting an additional home game more than we should have.

I guess for the split to work you would need the top 6 to have an even split of teams needing 3 home games and teams needing 3 away games, so there is a 50/50 chance we'll have this issue each year. :confused:

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 12:08 PM
Introduce a play-off for European places between 3rd and 4th.

What revenue would Hibs be losing from a missing sell out against Sevco?

Like your suggestions but def not the Europe play-off idea. Imagine if we finished 3rd, say five points ahead of 4th, but at the season end we were down key players through injury/suspension and lost the play-off. Would be raging.

Lost revenue question for a home match v the Hunsh-ites was posed a few pages back. Net income once all match-specific related costs, tax etc come off?

The Leith Dutch
03-04-2018, 12:43 PM
A 6/8 split where the bottom section play 4 more games is even more mental than what happens now.

I'm in the minority who quite likes the split but these venue problems need to be addressed

More mental than playing each other 3 times then splitting and getting an uneven number of home and away matches unless you can accurately predict teams in the split?

Also, on the playing 4 more games - don't see a problem with that at all as the teams at the bottom are very likely to have shorter cup runs and not be in Europe so playing fewer games anyhow. Extra games would give them some extra gate receipts maybe?

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 12:46 PM
Hearts have sod all to play for and the leagues bent over backwards to help them this season. They should be told to play at Ibrox considering they doubled their gate receipts against them at “home” anyway.

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2018, 12:49 PM
How often does the split cause this issue?

I'll be honest, I didn't pay much attention to the top league the last 3 years and I vaguely remember us once getting an additional home game more than we should have.

I guess for the split to work you would need the top 6 to have an even split of teams needing 3 home games and teams needing 3 away games, so there is a 50/50 chance we'll have this issue each year. :confused:

Can't speak for any other team but as far as Hibs are concerned I had a check during lunch. In the previous 14 seasons that we've played since the split came in we've had an equal split of 19 at home and 19 away every year so this year, as far as we're concerned at least, is a bit of an anomaly.

However in 10 of the 14 seasons we've been involved in a fixture that has seen us to play three times at the same venue. Only 4 times since 2000/01 have we had an equal split of home and away games against each team. Also interesting to note that we've had an extra home game against Rangers twice before so I'm not sure the paranoia and conspiracy theories are quite warranted.

2000/01
2001/02 - Dundee Utd away x3
2002/03 - Aberdeen home x3
2003/04
2004/05 - Motherwell away x3
2005/06 - Aberdeen away x3
2006/07 - Rangers home x3
2007/08 - Dundee Utd away x3
2008/09 - Rangers home x3
2009/10 - Motherwell away x3
2010/11
2011/12 - Inverness away x3
2012/13 - Dundee home x3
2013/14

TonyStokeprano
03-04-2018, 12:56 PM
hearts two home games with rangers and aberdeen at murrayfield attracted over 57000 fans,.so surely the team thats already had an extra category "A" full house should be the first team shafted (tynecastle could have seated maybe 19,500 max? x 2 = 39000) So they've sold 18000 tickets more for they 2 games than tynecastle holds and thats 18000 paying customers not season tickets.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 01:01 PM

You think? Rangers have had three separate occasions where they have payed one team 3 times away and had to play 20 away games.

danhibees1875
03-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Can't speak for any other team but as far as Hibs are concerned I had a check during lunch. In the previous 14 seasons that we've played since the split came in we've had an equal split of 19 at home and 19 away every year so this year, as far as we're concerned at least, is a bit of an anomaly.

However in 10 of the 14 seasons we've been involved in a fixture that has seen us to play three times at the same venue. Only 4 times since 2000/01 have we had an equal split of home and away games against each team. Also interesting to note that we've had an extra home game against Rangers twice before so I'm not sure the paranoia and conspiracy theories are quite warranted.

2000/01
2001/02 - Dundee Utd away x3
2002/03 - Aberdeen home x3
2003/04
2004/05 - Motherwell away x3
2005/06 - Aberdeen away x3
2006/07 - Rangers home x3
2007/08 - Dundee Utd away x3
2008/09 - Rangers home x3
2009/10 - Motherwell away x3
2010/11
2011/12 - Inverness away x3
2012/13 - Dundee home x3
2013/14

Nice one - interesting stuff, and good point on getting extra home games against Rangers twice previously. :agree:

19 Home and Away games should always be the priority, shame it's impossible for everyone to get that this year.

I can understand why Hibs would be considered the lowest seeds this year and would unfortunately miss out. But I would also understand why Hearts would be picked as current #6, nothing to play for, previous Murrayfield jolly, and just cause it's Hearts. There's even an argument for Celtic having nothing to play for - but I doubt they'd change the OF game balance (FWIW - I also doubt they would change the Edinburgh derby balance) - so that would involve a chain of fixture changes to make that work.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 01:24 PM
hearts two home games with rangers and aberdeen at murrayfield attracted over 57000 fans,.so surely the team thats already had an extra category "A" full house should be the first team shafted (tynecastle could have seated maybe 19,500 max? x 2 = 39000) So they've sold 18000 tickets more for they 2 games than tynecastle holds and thats 18000 paying customers not season tickets.

Hearts paid for the hire of Murrayfield.

jgl07
03-04-2018, 01:44 PM

Please clarify how the issues could be rectified.

Someone is going to have 18 home and 20 away regardless of the arrangement of the fixtures. That will leave a hole in their finances (away support plus advanced sales and walk-ups) as well as 'cheating' season ticket holders out of a match they have already paid for.

A least one team will have to visit a rival three times in a season.

Hibs are clearly going to be that team because they had the nerve to finish in the top six after being promoted (as did Rangers the season before and Hearts the season before that and probably St Mirren next season).

The system is not fit for purpose.

BenjiOscar
03-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Theoretically it is possible for this scenario to continue in future seasons based on the fixtures being reversed next season. Sevco will need to play each of Hibs, Celtic, Aberdeen, Hearts and Killie away from home twice before the split. In addition they will only play 16 home games before the split. This will potentially continue until one of these six clubs is relegated. Wouldn’t put it past the SPFL revise the game allocation next season to stop this happening especially in view of Sevco’s poor home record.

It just makes a mockery of the principle that a league competition should be played on equitable terms. I like the concept of a split but how it is currently implemented is poor in my view.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 02:02 PM
Hearts paid for the hire of Murrayfield.

I'm sure they still made a significant profit from something they shouldn't have.

Diclonius
03-04-2018, 02:04 PM
I suspect the SFA have now drawn up two separate sets of fixtures - one with Motherwell and one with Hearts - and will announce them the day after the final places are confirmed (i.e. tomorrow or Sunday). Lennon has inside knowledge that we're being shafted and has gone semi-public with it.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:04 PM
A 14 team league could work with a 7/7 split after 2 rounds = 26 games.

Then home and away after the 7/7 split = 12 games. Total 38 as it is now.

That would give the 4 Rantic games that people think the TV demands, but clubs won't accept the loss of income from a home game against one of them.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:06 PM
I suspect the SFA have now drawn up two separate sets of fixtures - one with Motherwell and one with Hearts - and will announce them the day after the final places are confirmed (i.e. tomorrow or Sunday). Lennon has inside knowledge that we're being shafted and has gone semi-public with it.

We're not being shafted. The rules, which we agree to, might mean we lose out, but there's nothing underhand about it.

My_Wife_Camille
03-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Please clarify how the issues could be rectified.

Someone is going to have 18 home and 20 away regardless of the arrangement of the fixtures. That will leave a hole in their finances (away support plus advanced sales and walk-ups) as well as 'cheating' season ticket holders out of a match they have already paid for.

A least one team will have to visit a rival three times in a season.

Hibs are clearly going to be that team because they had the nerve to finish in the top six after being promoted (as did Rangers the season before and Hearts the season before that and probably St Mirren next season).

The system is not fit for purpose.
I know the problems, that’s why I said it needs to be addressed.

Monts
03-04-2018, 02:18 PM

That would give the 4 Rantic games that people think the TV demands, but clubs won't accept the loss of income from a home game against one of them.

Can you imagine the uproar on here if we were scheduled without a game on the last day of the season, and it meant that rangers knew they only needed a draw to pip us to a european spot.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Can you imagine the uproar on here if we were scheduled without a game on the last day of the season, and it meant that rangers knew they only needed a draw to pip us to a european spot.

Sorry, I don't understand.

How could that happen?

Edit: I understand your point now.

Diclonius
03-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Whoever finishes 7th pre-split should miss out on the last day of the season.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:36 PM

Would that be a problem?

In that scenario, we'd have played an extra game. In effect Rangers would have a game in hand.

The chance of it happening is slim, but if it did, would it be any worse than us losing a home game to play them at Ibrox in a similar situation?

Ralphy C
03-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Is there compensation involved to a team that only gets 18 home games?

Monts
03-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Would that be a problem?

In that scenario, we'd have played an extra game. In effect Rangers would have a game in hand.

The chance of it happening is slim, but if it did, would it be any worse than us losing a home game to play them at Ibrox in a similar situation?

I think the uproar on here when rangers were initially scheduled to play on the sunday for tv when we were both in the championship tells us it would be a problem. Sporting integrity was brought up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32325215

Renfrew_Hibby
03-04-2018, 02:59 PM
The 8/8/8 proposal a few years ago seemed great to me, whatever happened to that?

Two top divisions of 12 clubs and then two regionalised divisions of 10 with promotion and relegation into the non leagues.

How would it work? 2 rounds of home/away fixtures gives everyone in the top 2 leagues 22 fixtures. They then split into 3 groups of 8, playing a further 14 fixtures. So a total season of 36 games, 18 home and 18 away.

Top group of 8 fight it out for the title/euro places. Middle group for survival /promotion to the top league and the bottom group for survival to avoid dropping into the regional leagues.

The regional leagues of 10 have 4 rounds of 9 fixtures so another 36 games for their season.

Points could be reset for the post split matches for added excitement.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 03:45 PM
I think the uproar on here when rangers were initially scheduled to play on the sunday for tv when we were both in the championship tells us it would be a problem. Sporting integrity was brought up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/32325215

True.

It might be us playing on the Sunday though.👍

Baw187
03-04-2018, 04:53 PM
The calculation of how they think the league will end up for split should go based on previous year ranking but the decision about who loses out should be based on league position at the split. So Hearts and Killie should lose out if 2 need to. That’s the fairest way of doing it.

ancient hibee
03-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Whoever finishes 7th pre-split should miss out on the last day of the season.
Why’s that?

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Why’s that?

You need to read back for context

Eyrie
03-04-2018, 07:51 PM
The 8/8/8 proposal a few years ago seemed great to me, whatever happened to that?

Two top divisions of 12 clubs and then two regionalised divisions of 10 with promotion and relegation into the non leagues.

How would it work? 2 rounds of home/away fixtures gives everyone in the top 2 leagues 22 fixtures. They then split into 3 groups of 8, playing a further 14 fixtures. So a total season of 36 games, 18 home and 18 away.

Top group of 8 fight it out for the title/euro places. Middle group for survival /promotion to the top league and the bottom group for survival to avoid dropping into the regional leagues.

The regional leagues of 10 have 4 rounds of 9 fixtures so another 36 games for their season.

Points could be reset for the post split matches for added excitement.
It was far too sensible to be accepted.

But I'm still in favour.

Diclonius
03-04-2018, 08:57 PM
Done. Fixtures out tomorrow?

james62
03-04-2018, 09:03 PM

Will they not have to send them to get approved by Brendan Rodgers and Graeme Murty first?

hibee_girl
03-04-2018, 09:06 PM

That’s wishful thinking, we’ll be lucky to find out this time next week!

erin go bragh
03-04-2018, 09:33 PM
Spill then .

Nakedmanoncrack
03-04-2018, 09:33 PM

I certainly hope so, no excuses for them not being.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2018, 09:44 PM
So you’d be happy to have 5 away games post split if we had played the rest at home? Best leave it there then.

No, I don’t think I would be happy but your point is moot as it is not happening to Hibs.

I’m more unhappy that we are looking like being disadvantaged as any Hibs supporter should.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 09:51 PM
No, I don’t think I would be happy but your point is moot as it is not happening to Hibs.

I’m more unhappy that we are looking like being disadvantaged as any Hibs supporter should.

No one is happy, or will be happy. However saying one club, presumably because of who that club are, should play every game away from home and have a 16/22 split is outrageous.

Like I said there is a common sense avenue where a club have already played the rules to their financial advantage, and have nothing to play for, who could give up their home game which makes the rest straight forward.

one day maybe...
03-04-2018, 09:57 PM
It should be simple. Agree at the start of the season that any team losing out on a home game should get an average of there home games attendance as recompense for losing out because of the split it should then be a straight forward case of balancing out the games against who is in each half of the split. So it would be Celtic, Kilmarnock & Rangers at home ten Hearts & Aberdeen away. That’s the fair way to look at it, as it evens up the games in your respective part of the split against your closest opponents #sportingintegrity

Libby Hibby
03-04-2018, 10:02 PM
No one is happy, or will be happy. However saying one club, presumably because of who that club are, should play every game away from home and have a 16/22 split is outrageous.

Like I said there is a common sense avenue where a club have already played the rules to their financial advantage, and have nothing to play for, who could give up their home game which makes the rest straight forward.

It’s only you that is saying that to be fair about the 16/22 split.

Hibs should play 3 at home (Celtic, Rangers and Killie) and 2 away (Aberdeen and Hearts.

What happens to Rangers, I personally couldn’t care as long as they don’t benefit twice from the fixtures pre and post split.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 10:13 PM
It’s only you that is saying that to be fair about the 16/22 split.

Hibs should play 3 at home (Celtic, Rangers and Killie) and 2 away (Aberdeen and Hearts.

What happens to Rangers, I personally couldn’t care as long as they don’t benefit twice from the fixtures pre and post split.

For rangers not to benefit twice you want them to play 5 away games, that gives a 16/22 split, so not it’s you that’s saying that, I’m telling you that’s ludicrous to expect that and have said you wouldn’t be happy for it to be Hibs.

Someone is going to lose out, common sense says Hearts, the rules unfortunately say Hibs.

Libby Hibby
03-04-2018, 10:20 PM
For rangers not to benefit twice you want them to play 5 away games, that gives a 16/22 split, so not it’s you that’s saying that, I’m telling you that’s ludicrous to expect that and have said you wouldn’t be happy for it to be Hibs.

Someone is going to lose out, common sense says Hearts, the rules unfortunately say Hibs.

You really like to dramatise things. ‘Ludicrous’ (on 2 occasions) ‘outrageous’.

I’ll agree to disagree with you.

However, for clarity, I’ve never said Rangers should play 16 at home and 22 away, that has been you on 3 seperate occasions. The fairest way is for Rangers to play 2 at home v Killie and Hearts and 3 away v Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

That does not give them an advantage in going for second place, in my opinion.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Would be nice to get them out this week, but they might wait until after this weekends results, to see where they think the key games might be

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 10:23 PM
You really like to dramatise things. ‘Ludicrous’ (on 2 occasions) ‘outrageous’.

I’ll agree to disagree with you.

However, for clarity, I’ve never said Rangers should play 16 at home and 22 away, that has been you on 3 seperate occasions. The fairest way is for Rangers to play 2 at home v Killie and Hearts and 3 away v Celtic, Hibs and Aberdeen.

That does not give them an advantage in going for second place, in my opinion.

It gives them a disadvantage of 18/20, which would give us and Aberdeen an advantage? I’m not sure why your so against Hearts(a team with nothing to play for and already gained a financial advantage through playing the rules this season) having the 18/20 split md everyone else having a 19/19 split, however that would work out.

Libby Hibby
04-04-2018, 05:22 AM
It gives them a disadvantage of 18/20, which would give us and Aberdeen an advantage? I’m not sure why your so against Hearts(a team with nothing to play for and already gained a financial advantage through playing the rules this season) having the 18/20 split md everyone else having a 19/19 split, however that would work out.

Who has said that I’m against Hearts having a difference in their home / away split? You’re beginning to make things up now.

In terms of games against each other in the split, which this is really all about, there is no advantage to Hibs or Aberdeen if both teams play Rangers at home, as that is what should’ve happened anyway.

BlackSheep
04-04-2018, 06:33 AM
Would be nice to get them out this week, but they might wait until after this weekends results, to see where they think the key games might be

They should get them out today.... every game is key for the top 4, the 5th and 6 th placed teams are just fodder at this point.

I understand that Killie could pull out a shock and take points from every game with their current firm but it doesn’t really matter where and when they play, they’re doing well regardless.

Cmon SFA, hope you had your statos working late shifts last night getting these fixtures sorted.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 07:04 AM
Who has said that I’m against Hearts having a difference in their home / away split? You’re beginning to make things up now.

In terms of games against each other in the split, which this is really all about, there is no advantage to Hibs or Aberdeen if both teams play Rangers at home, as that is what should’ve happened anyway.

No I’m not, you now said rangers should only play 2 Home games, which means they’ll have the 18/20 imbalance, not hearts. Everyone with anything to play for should be accommodated IMO.

lucky
04-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Just shows how stupid it was to have this split. If we lose a home game against Rangers it will cost our club a sell out game, probably more than £100k. Every Hibs ST holder will also lose out. The SPLF should be compensating Hibs for this shambles.

bigwheel
04-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Just shows how stupid it was to have this split. If we lose a home game against Rangers it will cost our club a sell out game, probably more than £100k. Every Hibs ST holder will also lose out. The SPLF should be compensating Hibs for this shambles.

not for me...I like it - makes it more exciting - if we lose out on a home game, it is because we were relegated for a few years...next season if we succeed , we won't lose out...that is the breaks...

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 08:01 AM
They should get them out today.... every game is key for the top 4, the 5th and 6 th placed teams are just fodder at this point.

I understand that Killie could pull out a shock and take points from every game with their current firm but it doesn’t really matter where and when they play, they’re doing well regardless.

Cmon SFA, hope you had your statos working late shifts last night getting these fixtures sorted.

Me too, but just wonder if they’ll wait until after Saturday’s results, to see exactly where the key games are, like winning the league, fight for 2nd, and relegation deciders
But what do I know😎

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Me too, but just wonder if they’ll wait until after Saturday’s results, to see exactly where the key games are, like winning the league, fight for 2nd, and relegation deciders
But what do I know😎

Celtic v Rangers first game, lunchtime saturday would make t impossible for Celtic to win the league.

Relegation is that tight, Saturday won’t make any difference, especially as accies have another game the week after.

Similar the fight for second is guaranteed to be tight enough that fixtures could be important at any time, Saturday won’t change that.

I’d have like to have thought the tv companies had the draft copies and gave their thoughts on what fixtures they’d like already. We should have these today giving plenty notice to organise and sell tickets.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2018, 08:16 AM
But what do I know😎

They’ll wait until after the games on Saturday so they can schedule the Celtic v Rangers game with a degree of certainty that it won’t be the game that Celtic can clinch the title.

That’s all they really care about, never mind the other 10 teams and their supporters.

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 08:18 AM
Why would the tv companies want to show Celtic winning the league against rangers? I certainly would like to see it.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 08:20 AM
They’ll wait until after the games on Saturday so they can schedule the Celtic v Rangers game with a degree of certainty that it won’t be the game that Celtic can clinch the title.

That’s all they really care about, never mind the other 10 teams and their supporters.

Like I said if they have it on the Saturday lunchtime of the first weekend, it is impossible for Celtic to win it then. Not that it should make a difference as it’s going to happen, it’s no real different to having it after the title is done. Would be different if it was a proper title race and it was last game of the season.

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Why would the tv companies want to show Celtic winning the league against rangers? I certainly would like to see it.

I think the suggestion is the police would rather avoid the league being won at a derby.

Not sure entirely why, Celtic have won it anyway so shouldn't make much odds - but it is those 2 involved so logic goes a bit out of the window.

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 08:24 AM
I think the suggestion is the police would rather avoid the league being won at a derby.

Not sure entirely why, Celtic have won it anyway so shouldn't make much odds - but it is those 2 involved so logic goes a bit out of the window.

Only in this country would they work around it and it’s just accepted by everyone.

lapsedhibee
04-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Celtic v Rangers first game, lunchtime saturday would make t impossible for Celtic to win the league.

:confused: If Celtc went into that game with 74 points and The Thes 62, shirley a Celtc win would make them champs?

Keith_M
04-04-2018, 08:44 AM
I wish we'd had a crap season, finish 8th and didn't have to worry about all this complicated stuff.

We'd have the added bonus of not having to worry about getting tickets for home games

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 08:51 AM
:confused: If Celtc went into that game with 74 points and The Thes 62, shirley a Celtc win would make them champs?

I was only looking at Aberdeen, however Having worked it out again it seems I’ve took after the split to have 6 games, Celtic would indeed win the league by winning their next three games.

Diclonius
04-04-2018, 11:11 AM
Based on the news coming out today, it genuinely looks like the SFA are delaying the decision until after the Aberdeen Hearts result because it impacts when Celtic will win the league.

What a ****ing joke. Never mind the other four clubs waiting on announcing ticketing details, never mind the fans who have other plans to make and don't even know how many ****ing games they have. Never mind the Edinburgh derby which may well be the first week after the split and will be an almighty scramble for tickets. All that matters is Celtic can't win the league against Rangers.

Here's an idea: make it the LAST game of the season and force Celtic to raise the flag in their penultimate home game. If you can shaft everyone else, why not shaft them? Ah, wait. All games on the last day of the season have to be played at the same time and the TV figures won't be as high. Go **** yourself, Sky.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Based on the news coming out today, it genuinely looks like the SFA are delaying the decision until after the Aberdeen Hearts result because it impacts when Celtic will win the league.

What a ****ing joke. Never mind the other four clubs waiting on announcing ticketing details, never mind the fans who have other plans to make and don't even know how many ****ing games they have. Never mind the Edinburgh derby which may well be the first week after the split and will be an almighty scramble for tickets. All that matters is Celtic can't win the league against Rangers.

Here's an idea: make it the LAST game of the season and force Celtic to raise the flag in their penultimate home game. If you can shaft everyone else, why not shaft them? Ah, wait. All games on the last day of the season have to be played at the same time and the TV figures won't be as high. Go **** yourself, Sky.

The police will have had a say in it.

Sammy7nil
04-04-2018, 11:21 AM
The police will have had a say in it.

What did they say?

It is farcical that the rest of the country has to wait because of the two tribes cant be trusted to behave.

Also as mentioned on another thread do you think there will ever be a scenario when Rangers or Celtic get 3 home games against each other? It simply would not be allowed to happen regardless of games played league positions etc. Yet I am sure we played Hearts at the PBS 3 times along time ago mind.

.Sean.
04-04-2018, 11:54 AM

I like the idea if you’re in the top half but there’s a possibility of a good few teams in the bottom half having more than half a dozen meaningless games

Hermit Crab
04-04-2018, 11:59 AM
You watch, Aberdeen away will be the midweek game!

hibee_girl
04-04-2018, 12:01 PM
https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/post-split-fixtures-update-40/

Hermit Crab
04-04-2018, 12:04 PM

Thats brutal, hope its not Hearts away first!, not a lot of time to sort tickets out!

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 12:07 PM
What did they say?

It is farcical that the rest of the country has to wait because of the two tribes cant be trusted to behave.

Also as mentioned on another thread do you think there will ever be a scenario when Rangers or Celtic get 3 home games against each other? It simply would not be allowed to happen regardless of games played league positions etc. Yet I am sure we played Hearts at the PBS 3 times along time ago mind.

It's only a few days wait. It affects nothing and no-one.

Yes, it's pathetic that people can't behave themselves, but it's a fact that they can't.

If it stops people getting assaulted and even more wives getting battered, then it's the right thing to do.

matty_f
04-04-2018, 12:08 PM

That's a farce, really.

How do the SPFL manage to constantly scunner things?

Diclonius
04-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Told you bro. Waiting for Aberdeen v Hearts.

Thats brutal, hope its not Hearts away first!, not a lot of time to sort tickets out!

It will because they don't give a **** about us or Hearts.

Geo_1875
04-04-2018, 12:22 PM

Yes, it's pathetic that people can't behave themselves, but it's a fact that they can't.

If it stops people getting assaulted and even more wives getting battered, then it's the right thing to do.

1. Yes it does. Some people have to make arrangements in advance to get to games. Work and family life don't sit and wait for the SPFL to make a decision.

2. Yes it is pathetic but why screw around with 4 teams that can to pander to the 2? that can't?

3. It won't stop people getting assaulted and wives getting battered. It happens evry time they play each other, no matter the outcome.

Spike Mandela
04-04-2018, 12:26 PM
We ARE the SPFL. All the clubs are. So, what are Dempster and Petrie doing to protect our interests?

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 12:35 PM
1. Yes it does. Some people have to make arrangements in advance to get to games. Work and family life don't sit and wait for the SPFL to make a decision.

2. Yes it is pathetic but why screw around with 4 teams that can to pander to the 2? that can't?

3. It won't stop people getting assaulted and wives getting battered. It happens evry time they play each other, no matter the outcome.

It won't stop all the assaults, but the number would likely increase if the league is won.

I have to make arrangements to travel from York and I'd like to know if I can get to any of the games, but a few days wait is no hardship.

The pre-split finishes on Saturday. Meetings with the TV and police were probably scheduled for next week.

We now only have one game to concern ourselves with and that's Ross County on Saturday. That's fine with me.

Hermit Crab
04-04-2018, 12:52 PM
Der Hun think they’ve got theirs already.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/1914e91fb89334c2cff80718c100de21.jpg

Jay
04-04-2018, 01:02 PM

Thats a bit harsh,it affects plenty of people. I book shifts in advance which i cant do until i know the fixtures or take a gamble of missing out. If i leave it too late i could end up with no shifts which means no pay.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 01:07 PM
Thats a bit harsh,it affects plenty of people. I book shifts in advance which i cant do until i know the fixtures or take a gamble of missing out. If i leave it too late i could end up with no shifts which means no pay.

Ok. I take your point.

mjhibby
04-04-2018, 01:20 PM

Hibs (3 home / 2 away)
H Celtic Killie Rangers
A Aberdeen Hearts

H Hibs Hearts Rangers
A Killie Celtic

Celtic (3 home / 2 away)
A Hibs Hearts

Killie (2 home / 3 away)
A Hibs Celtic

Hearts (3 home / 2 away)
H Hibs Celtic Rangers
A Aberdeen Killie

Will it not be the dons and killie at sevco as that would balance out the fixtures unless I've misread it. That would seem the easiest way to do it.

hibby6270
04-04-2018, 03:57 PM
Latest update on the SPFL website released today (4th April)

An SPFL spokesman said: “Work has begun to prepare the Ladbrokes Premiership post-split fixture schedule for 2017/18.

"This work will include consultations with Police Scotland and discussions with Sky Sports and BT Sport regarding live broadcast selections.

“It is expected that the post-split fixture schedule will be published early next week.”

The post-split dates are as follows:
Fixture round 34 - weekend of April 21/22
Fixture round 35 - weekend of April 28/29
Fixture round 36 - weekend of May 5/6
Fixture round 37 - midweek of May 8/9
Fixture round 38 - weekend of May 12/13

hibby6270
04-04-2018, 04:00 PM
Der Hun think they’ve got theirs already.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/1914e91fb89334c2cff80718c100de21.jpg

That’s likely what they will get but dates still unknown.
Think we can pretty much work out what ours will be as well.
Only contentious one to be decided is against the The Rangers.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 04:41 PM
We need to win on Saturday, puts more pressure on SPFL to give us a fair draw post split

Onion
04-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Only in this country would they work around it and it’s just accepted by everyone.

Correct. The whole game revolves around what's good for the Celtic & Sevco, at the expense of the rest, conveniently using the police as a lame excuse. Their fans cannot be trusted to behave themselves, so the two clubs benefit on the field !

Is the match any more difficult for the opponents who have to play Celtic on the day they can clinch the title ? Of course it is. So for The Rangers to avoid that match are in effect getting favourable treatment, just as they will by getting to play Hibs again at home.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 04:55 PM
Correct. The whole game revolves around what's good for the Celtic & Sevco, at the expense of the rest, conveniently using the police as a lame excuse. Their fans cannot be trusted to behave themselves, so the two clubs benefit on the field !

Is the match any more difficult for the opponents who have to play Celtic on the day they can clinch the title ? Of course it is. So for The Rangers to avoid that match are in effect getting favourable treatment, just as they will by getting to play Hibs again at home.

It's a hibs.net FACT, but we don't actually know if that's the reason for the delay. How can anyone be sure when Celtic will win the league? Even the most careful planning may not work. Plus I'm sure the TV companies would love that game to have such significance.

Another benefit to the SPFL is that it might make it easier for them to make a decision about who gets the extra away game if we win against Ross County.

Even if Hearts beat Aberdeen, we'd still be 15 points ahead of them so their European place prospects would be virtually zero. A third visit to Ibrox wouldn't matter so much to them at least in that respect.

The Leith Dutch
04-04-2018, 05:01 PM

Much as I agree with the sentiment towards the old firm I think in this case it is justified.

As someone else pointed out - the overall violence and particularly domestic violence that runs out of this fixture is shockingly bad and would only be intensified if Celtic were to win the title in the derby.

As for them avoiding that match - not necessarily.

E.g. if Celtic can't win it in the first game (likely) then Rangers will get them in the first game.
Plus, regardless, Rangers will face a Celtic team intent on beating them whether the title is won or not.
There's probably a 50/50 chance of us getting an advantage out of it by playing them after it's won.

At the end of the day it's in our own hands - 6 wins is 2nd place.
Likely 5 wins if Celtic is the one we don't win.

Fuzzywuzzy
04-04-2018, 05:08 PM
I take it we are all expecting a disproportionate number of home games for sevco so they can get a bit more money?

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 05:09 PM
I take it we are all expecting a disproportionate number of home games for sevco so they can get a bit more money?

The max they can get is 19.

ancient hibee
04-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Six wins will not be enough if Aberdeen win five.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 05:11 PM
The max they can get is 19.

Could they not get 20 home?

1van Sprou7e
04-04-2018, 05:12 PM

You think aberdeen will win 4/5 games post split? :faf:

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 05:13 PM

They could if they randomly decided to give them 4 home games after the split. Imagine the uproar with that lol.

The Leith Dutch
04-04-2018, 05:14 PM

That would be a helluva bad beat story right enough - finish the season with 8 consecutive wins including beating Celtic and still get pipped by a point :/

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 05:16 PM

I don't know, Billy.

I read one thing then almost immediately find something else which contradicts it. :hilarious

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 05:17 PM

That's not the point.

Do you think we'll win 6?

The Leith Dutch
04-04-2018, 05:17 PM
I also have a sneaky suspicion that they may wind up stifled into a draw at the weekend by the puddle drinkers.....
Just need to make sure we keep our end up and beat County which is no mean feat.

ancient hibee
04-04-2018, 05:19 PM
As unlikely as us winning six but being a pedant I was pointing out a small arithmetical inaccuracy :greengrin

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 05:23 PM
I also have a sneaky suspicion that they may wind up stifled into a draw at the weekend by the puddle drinkers.....
Just need to make sure we keep our end up and beat County which is no mean feat.

Levein won't want us to finish second ...

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 05:24 PM
I don't know, Billy.

I read one thing then almost immediately find something else which contradicts it. :hilarious

After Saturday they will have played 17 at home/16 away
Post split
2 at home and 3 away = 19/19
3 at home and 2 away = 20/18

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Post split

Apologies, that’s correct. I read elsewhere they would be due 3 Home games, which is actually the reason I’d resigned myself that we’d be going there again. Hopefully common sense sends Killie and hearts there.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 05:27 PM
Post split

Yes, but they're only due 2 at home.

If they were given 3, it would mean 2 teams only getting 18 home games. That wouldn't happen.

I think. 😁

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 05:28 PM
Apologies, that’s correct. I read elsewhere they would be due 3 Home games, which is actually the reason I’d resigned myself that we’d be going there again. Hopefully common sense sends Killie and hearts there.

The more I look at it, the more confused I get!

Think I’ll leave it to the Hibs.net experts to explain it better than me😎

Hibbyradge
Did you see this?

https://splstats.wordpress.com/2018/04/04/post-split-fixtures-2017-18/

Sauzee16
Levein won't want us to finish second ...

He’s got history of sending a team to lie down to Aberdeen in order for us to fail if I remember right too.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 05:30 PM
The more I look at it, the more confused I get!

Think I’ll leave it to the Hibs.net experts to explain it better than me😎

No one in the top 6 should end with 20/18 split. 5 should have 19/19 and one 18/20.

Unfortunately to make these splits up correctly it’ll mean a bit of shuffling of fixtures. Pointless guessing, I’m just hoping common sense prevails and they see hearts with nothing to play for and already gained financially this season, so send them to Ibrox again.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Did you see this?

I’d take that in a heart beat

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 05:55 PM
Got to feel that Hearts have been hard done by, only 12 home games at Tynecastle pre split

hibby6270
04-04-2018, 07:13 PM
Did you see this?

I know it’s not official SPFL but have to say (having read it), it’s the best forensic analysis to say in very simple terms - THE SPLIT DOESN’T WORK. THE CONCEPT OF THE SPLIT IS A FARCE.

If it has never panned out as expected over 17 seasons, why the hell do SPFL persist with it??:confused:

jgl07
04-04-2018, 07:53 PM
I know it’s not official SPFL but have to say (having read it), it’s the best forensic analysis to say in very simple terms - THE SPLIT DOESN’T WORK. THE CONCEPT OF THE SPLIT IS A FARCE.

If it has never panned out as expected over 17 seasons, why the hell do SPFL persist with it??:confused:

To be fair we have had a few idiots on here defending it.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 08:06 PM

To be fair, that's a poor comment.

jgl07
04-04-2018, 08:11 PM

No one of the top six will get 18 home and 20 away, the rest will get 19 each.

One of the bottom six will get 20 home and 18 away.

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 08:28 PM

I like the split. What would be your preference?

lapsedhibee
04-04-2018, 08:30 PM
No one of the top six will get 18 home and 20 away, the rest will get 19 each.

One of the bottom six will get 20 home and 18 away.

:bitchy:

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 08:32 PM
How does Celtic looking like they are drawing effect the SPFL waiting to see how Aberdeen get on Saturday?

Does this stop them winning the league the first game after the split meaning they be arranged to play Rangers then and the fixtures announced tomorrow?

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 08:35 PM
How does Celtic looking like they are drawing effect the SPFL waiting to see how Aberdeen get on Saturday?

Does this stop them winning the league the first game after the split meaning they be arranged to play Rangers then and the fixtures announced tomorrow?

No.

They're 10 PTS clear. If they win in Saturday and Aberdeen don't then they'd be 12 or 13 clear. All they'd have to do is better(or match) the Aberdeen result on the first game post split to win the league.

hibee_girl
04-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Brendan Rodgers' side move 10 points clear at the top of the division and still need three more wins to retain the title.

From BBC site

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 08:44 PM
No.

They're 10 PTS clear. If they win in Saturday and Aberdeen don't then they'd be 12 or 13 clear. All they'd have to do is better(or match) the Aberdeen result on the first game post split to win the league.

They are 10 ahead.

They win this weekend and sheep lose its 13 with 15 to play. They beat Rangers early doors they won’t be champions unless Aberdeen lose or draw later in the day.

james62
04-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Simple solution, make it Celtic v Aberdeen the first game after the split and the league is won regardless of this weekend's results.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 08:53 PM
Simple solution, make it Celtic v Aberdeen the first game after the split and the league is won regardless of this weekend's results.

Aberdeen can win the league if they beat Celtic?

The split is dafter than I thought.

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 08:56 PM
They are 10 ahead.

They win this weekend and sheep lose its 13 with 15 to play. They beat Rangers early doors they won’t be champions unless Aberdeen lose or draw later in the day.

Ah okay, yeah if they were early on the Saturday then they wouldn't win it until later in the day. :aok:

james62
04-04-2018, 08:56 PM
Aberdeen can win the league if they beat Celtic?

The split is dafter than I thought.

I was working on the assumption that that won't happen

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 09:06 PM
Ah okay, yeah if they were early on the Saturday then they wouldn't win it until later in the day. :aok:

Or even better put the sheep on the Sunday and save the housewives of weegie

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 09:13 PM

Not the case. If Aberdeen lost on Saturday, Celtic winning at the weekend and then the first split game they would be champions, even if they were the early game. For that reason they’ll wait until after the weekend to see. As embarrassing as that is.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Not the case. If Aberdeen lost on Saturday, Celtic winning at the weekend and then the first split game they would be champions, even if they were the early game. For that reason they’ll wait until after the weekend to see. As embarrassing as that is.

You’re right, probably the reason they’ve waited until the weekend to announce

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 09:16 PM

Ah yeah, I was right initially. :greengrin

The Leith Dutch
05-04-2018, 07:09 AM
You’re right, probably the reason they’ve waited until the weekend to announce

Any reason why they wouldn't call it as the last game of the season as it's almost unthinkable that Celtic wouldn't have wrapped it up by then?

Even if Celtic win and both Aberdeen and Rangers lose they'd still need 6 points post split to guarantee the title.
I don't see how you can predict when that will happen as anything other than a guess so make it the last fixture no?

ian cruise
05-04-2018, 07:15 AM
Any reason why they wouldn't call it as the last game of the season as it's almost unthinkable that Celtic wouldn't have wrapped it up by then?

Even if Celtic win and both Aberdeen and Rangers lose they'd still need 6 points post split to guarantee the title.
I don't see how you can predict when that will happen as anything other than a guess so make it the last fixture no?

Someone mentioned its because all the games need to be played at the same time and it would affect TV numbers, which sounds plausible. I'd say second last game though, gives the neutrals a reason to be interested after the league has won, keeps race for second day interesting and means they can schedule it for sun 12pm.

Eyrie
05-04-2018, 07:04 PM

Celtc will get a home game as their last fixture so they can celebrate their title. That makes sense to me.

That rules out Sevco as the visitors because we've seen how their fans react to another club celebrating.

Green Fish
07-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Apologies if posted before. Heard yesterday that Hearts last two fixtures post split will be away from home, as will be their first fixtures in Bet Fred cup as they are digging the pitch up.

So the derby must be in the next few weeks.

erin go bragh
07-04-2018, 08:09 AM
The more I think about it . If Hearts do have to play their big cousins at Greyskull . It’s an easy 3pts for Rangers . More chance of them dropping points at the PBS . So I’ll take another visit and a chance to beat them for a third time in front of the Orcs .preference would be for Celtic to get a third game at Greyskull :cb

ian cruise
07-04-2018, 08:22 AM
Apologies if posted before. Heard yesterday that Hearts last two fixtures post split will be away from home, as will be their first fixtures in Bet Fred cup as they are digging the pitch up.

Surely even more of a case for Hearts playing 3 away games post split?

Green Fish
07-04-2018, 08:24 AM

Agreed...who knows though!

danhibees1875
07-04-2018, 08:24 AM

If they want even more special treatment by not playing at tynecastle then send them to Ibrox.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-04-2018, 08:43 AM

If they want even more special treatment by not playing at tynecastle then send them to Ibrox.

Here here. The league has bent over to help them all season. Only fair that they get the third trip to Ibrox. However saying that, that’s effectively just a gift of three points to Rangers.

mjhibby
07-04-2018, 09:01 AM
The more I think about it . If Hearts do have to play their big cousins at Greyskull . It’s an easy 3pts for Rangers . More chance of them dropping points at the PBS . So I’ll take another visit and a chance to beat them for a third time in front of the Orcs .preference would be for Celtic to get a third game at Greyskull :cb

Killie pies and celtic at sevco ville will sort the problem. Do we think they will risk lennys ire by making us go there a third time. Could just make it Killie to go there a third time I suppose. Lol.

Diclonius
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM

That's a joke. Why are they getting even more special treatment?

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 06:30 PM
As much as it’s frustrating, and you can’t plan ahead!
Anyone think that’s its like looking forward at the start of the news session, fixtures being released
I’m getting quite excited as finding out who we are playing, and when!

Carheenlea
07-04-2018, 06:35 PM
That's a joke. Why are they getting even more special treatment?

Surely the SPFL will have learnt their lesson with hearts after the lies they were spun from Budge about when their stand would be ready. Would Budge even have the brass neck to start telling them what fixtures would suit them? Surely not.
You would expect that the fixtures will already have been drafted, given the split has more or less been settled this last week, so a rubber stamp and a quick announcement should be forthcoming at soonest opportunity to let clubs and fans get their diaries updated and plans in place.

Golden Bear
07-04-2018, 07:03 PM

Doesn't sound like the time frame that is required for the laying of a hybrid pitch, looks like it could be grass only.

LancsHibs
08-04-2018, 12:30 PM
So when will the SPFL announce these fixtures then??? Top 6 & bottom 6 sorted now. Need to arrange days off around games and transport etc...
This is such a crap way of doing things:grr:Anybody got any info when they will be announced? Don’t see any reason why they have not been released, they must have had an idea who the top 6 were going to be weeks ago. This should have been already sorted and just waiting for confirmation to announce. Farce!!!

Spike Mandela
08-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Surely the SPFL will have learnt their lesson with hearts after the lies they were spun from Budge about when their stand would be ready. Would Budge even have the brass neck to start telling them what fixtures would suit them? Surely not.
You would expect that the fixtures will already have been drafted, given the split has more or less been settled this last week, so a rubber stamp and a quick announcement should be forthcoming at soonest opportunity to let clubs and fans get their diaries updated and plans in place.

She is on the SPFL board along with the Rangers boy. I am sure they wouldn’t use undue influence to benefit themselves.:rolleyes:

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 12:39 PM
So when will the SPFL announce these fixtures then??? Top 6 & bottom 6 sorted now. Need to arrange days off around games and transport etc...
This is such a crap way of doing things:grr:Anybody got any info when they will be announced? Don’t see any reason why they have not been released, they must have had an idea who the top 6 were going to be weeks ago. This should have been already sorted and just waiting for confirmation to announce. Farce!!!

Could probably release them this afternoon after the game that’s on, but they are probably shut for the day😬
More likely early tomorrow morning

SteveHFC
08-04-2018, 12:54 PM
NL said in his post match interview on hibs tv that we had 2 home games against celtic and killie

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 01:08 PM
NL said in his post match interview on hibs tv that we had 2 home games against celtic and killie

I’d be really disappointed if that was the case

danhibees1875
08-04-2018, 01:11 PM
I’d be really disappointed if that was the case

It seems the most likely outcome to me at the moment. Although I'm hoping they send Hearts to Ibrox.

Stuart93
08-04-2018, 01:25 PM
Sure I seen on twitter a while ago it would be Celtic & killie at home and away to Aberdeen hearts & the rangers

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Sure I seen on twitter a while ago it would be Celtic & killie at home and away to Aberdeen hearts & the rangers

That was the rumour a few weeks ago

Heisenberg
08-04-2018, 01:28 PM
Hopefully we don’t land Celtc as our first game. They’ll be motivated to secure the title in front of their own fans at parkhead. Hopefully Killie/Aberdeen get that fixture.

Stuart93
08-04-2018, 01:29 PM
That was the rumour a few weeks ago

The same person said fixtures are decided by last seasons league placings, don't ask me how it's done but it's a shambles.

You'd think ok hibs have been to ibrox twice and the rangers to ER once, we'll send the rangers back to Easter road.

But that would of course be logical which the SFA are incapable of

leggeto
08-04-2018, 01:32 PM
Hopefully we don’t land Celtc as our first game. They’ll be motivated to secure the title in front of their own fans at parkhead. Hopefully Killie/Aberdeen get that fixture.

We should be drawn out 1 to 6 and let the computer to work it out,should be anyway but it wont,they will avoid an old firm title clinch and last game

erin go bragh
08-04-2018, 01:33 PM
We won’t play Celtic at Celtic Park .

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 01:35 PM

How do you know they will be at home next week?

leggeto
08-04-2018, 01:35 PM

I bet we play them 1st at Easter road and spoil the party