PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: POST-SPLIT FIXTURES CONFIRMED

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

SChibs
11-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Terrible fixtures for me. Not missed a game all season but knew I'd be missing the last game cause I'm away on holiday but turns out I'm missing the last 2

Aim Here
11-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Celtic home Sat 1230
Killie home sat 3
Aberdeen away 3
Hertz away 745
Sevco home 1230:thumbsup:

Only sour note there is that we're playing Celtic before they're assured of a win. Hopefully we do well enough to force the Celtic-Sevco league decider and send a GIRFUY to Police Scotland, though unfortunately that means one of Rangers or Aberdeen has to win too...

Hearts seem to have drawn the short straw and get Rangers away.

SteveHFC
11-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Hearts will be fuming about going back to Ibrox! :thumbsup:

And midweek to aberdeen

GlesgaeHibby
11-04-2018, 03:15 PM
Excellent. Glad to see we're at home to the Huns on the last game. Hopefully it's a one game shoot out for 2nd spot.

jgl07
11-04-2018, 03:16 PM
Cant complain , thought we were a stick on for a 3rd trip to grayskull . The sc#mbos will be spewing
Secco will be fuming too. They have had no opportunity to sample the state of the art facilities of the Tynecastle Park mega dome.

Hibby70
11-04-2018, 03:17 PM
Superb, big crowd to take to Aberdeen, imagine this will be a ticket scramble too

lord bunberry
Pleasantly surprised we don’t have to go to Ibrox 3 times.

Not In The Know
And midweek to aberdeen

its the least they deserve after the mess they made of the fixtures earlier on in the season.

SChibs
11-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Excellent. Glad to see we're at home to the Huns on the last game. Hopefully it's a one game shoot out for 2nd spot.

Hopefully it's wrapped up and we can run their noses in it imo

ToffeeCabbage
11-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Only downside is playing Celtic early while they still have the title to seal. Other than that I can't complain. If we're still in the mix for 2nd, that last game at home to Rangers could be incredible

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SteveHFC
11-04-2018, 03:19 PM
£51 for 4 return on train for aberdeen if you are quick.

SirDavidsNapper
Scandalous. Budge will be fuming that the most atmospheric stadium in world football only has two post split games

Steven79
Superb, big crowd to take to Aberdeen, imagine this will be a ticket scramble too

I've already booked train tickets for it! :greengrin

Hibby70
11-04-2018, 03:20 PM
Only downside is playing Celtic early while they still have the title to seal. Other than that I can't complain. If we're still in the mix for 2nd, that last game at home to Rangers could be incredible

They'll let us win so they can win the league the following week. And they've been pretty poor recently.

Aim Here
Not worked out all the permutations but pretty happy with that lot.

It will be interesting to get reaction from the other 5 combatants, especially our Gorgie chums.

They're not happy. As well as being the team that gets dicked over with the extra Ibrox game (had to happen to someone), they get Friday night at Pittodrie.

SteveHFC
its the least they deserve after the mess they made of the fixtures earlier on in the season.

Maybe the can travel on the legobus

Swedish hibee
11-04-2018, 03:21 PM
I can never watch early kick offs, wish the last game was kicking off at 3 instead. Oh well.

SteveHFC
I've already booked train tickets for it! :greengrin

Snap

Geo_1875
Decent run of matches though I might miss a couple.

Who got screwed with 18-20 split of home and away games?

Nevi_SOL
11-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Hibs to beat Celtic
Celtic to win the league against rangers at parkhead 👌🏼

Steven79
11-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Snap

I booked a cheap ticket from Halifax to Glasgow weeks ago in hope more than anything so another £15 to Aberdeen.

Steven79
11-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Hearts! :thumbsup:

Aim Here
11-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Hearts. They also get to go up to Aberdeen on a Friday night.

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 03:24 PM
Seems like they swapped us and sheep matches round first. Can't grumble suppose.

Hearts away under the lights. Cannae knock it. :agree:

Geo_1875

Serves them right after bumping up their gates at Murrayfield.

thegaffer12
Anyone know when tickets will go on sale?

Crazyhorse
11-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Only sour note there is that we're playing Celtic before they're assured of a win. Hopefully we do well enough to force the Celtic-Sevco league decider and send a GIRFUY to Police Scotland, though unfortunately that means one of Rangers or Aberdeen has to win too...

Hearts seem to have drawn the short straw and get Rangers away.

I suppose the yams having nothing to play for has meant they draw the short straw and go to Ipox for the 3rd time. Does that mean they have less home games than everyone else? Maybe a payback for dicking around at Murrayfield for much longer than they should have.

Callyballybe
11-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Apart from playing Celtic before they've won the league, can't complain with that draw of games.

Crazyhorse
11-04-2018, 03:28 PM

What a shame that will cost them a big wedge which they could have used to pay off their new (best in the world!) pitch.

GlesgaeHibby
11-04-2018, 03:31 PM
They're not happy. As well as being the team that gets dicked over with the extra Ibrox game (had to happen to someone), they get Friday night at Pittodrie.

They're the obvious candidates for an extra Ibrox trip as they have nothing left to play for, and the SPFL already bent over backwards for them allowing them to use Murrayfield whilst the shambles that is their main stand build rumbled on.

.Sean.
11-04-2018, 03:35 PM
They weren’t moaning when the were pissing everyone about with their farce of a main stand and 15000 Huns lined their pockets at Murrayfield. **** them

Wheat Hound
11-04-2018, 03:36 PM
No Allan or Bartley for first game v Celtic. Perhaps a chance for Barker to play the no.10 role behind the strikers or maybe Slivka?

danhibees1875
11-04-2018, 03:38 PM
No Allan or Bartley for first game v Celtic. Perhaps a chance for Barker to play the no.10 role behind the strikers or maybe Slivka?

Will he be fit enough? Swanson more likely I think.

Rocky
EA DM PH
MB SJM DM LS
DS
FK JM

Wheat Hound
11-04-2018, 03:40 PM

Rocky
EA DM PH
MB SJM DM LS
DS
FK JM

Aye good point 're Swanson. Perfect chance for him to stake a claim.

DTS
11-04-2018, 03:40 PM
Gutted to miss hearts n huns due to being in Thailand but buzzing that we’ve managed to get 3 homes games and from a personal can make the first 3 HUGE games. Only way that could’ve been better is if they swapped the first two games imo. Chance to build momentum and be in 2nd going into last 2 games

Alan62
11-04-2018, 03:41 PM
Those chaps at the SPFL really are a fine bunch of fellows. They've concocted a mouthwatering sequence of games that will ensure a gripping end to the season. Magnificent work, chaps. Well worth the wait.:cb

mentalhibee
11-04-2018, 03:41 PM

Possibly Swanson after his impact at Ross county.

jacomo
11-04-2018, 03:43 PM
They're the obvious candidates for an extra Ibrox trip as they have nothing left to play for, and the SPFL already bent over backwards for them allowing them to use Murrayfield whilst the shambles that is their main stand build rumbled on.

I’d be annoyed if I was a Jambo, but you make good points.

They are simply the makeweights in the top 6 and have nothing to play for really.

Pittodrie on a Friday night is rough though. How is anyone with a 9-5 job expected to make that?

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2018, 03:44 PM
common sense prevailed...what's going on :cb oh aye, and **** they pink tinks :aok:

green with envy
11-04-2018, 03:44 PM

I'm sure those that want a ticket should be okay.

Pleased to see we play Aberdeen up there at 3.00 on a Saturday - been a while. Also managed to get four train returns with family & friends for £13.00 rtn each.

Garymcl
11-04-2018, 03:46 PM
That's six of us booked on train for Aberdeen if it's all ticket for hibbys we'll worry about that later but at least a jolly boys trip to Aberdeen :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
11-04-2018, 03:49 PM
Those fixtures could also read as 5th behind Killie after two games and season over...

:greengrin

hibbytam
11-04-2018, 03:51 PM

Rocky
EA DM PH
MB SJM DM LS
DS
FK JM

I expect Whittaker will slot in infront of defence, and SJM playing a bit more forward.

.Sean.
11-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Hearts statement 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

greenlex
11-04-2018, 03:54 PM
I’ve sympathy for them. Not one game on Saturday. Extra trip to Ibrox and a Friday night trip to pitoddrie. All in all ***** fir their fans.

Mikey
Hearts statement 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

In other words, we scraped into the Top 6 but in reality our season is over :hilarious

Following on from today’s post-split fixture announcement, the club would like to explain why Hearts has been allocated three away fixtures.

In an ideal world, each team would complete 19 home and 19 away league fixtures per season. Due to the structure of the league, however, this is not always possible. Depending upon which teams are in the top and bottom sections of the split, the situation can arise which causes an imbalance.

In order to make the best of this less than perfect situation, some broad guidelines are followed in setting post-split fixtures. In simple terms, where an imbalance is inevitable, “mid-table” teams (clubs in positions 5,6,7 and 8) are those that potentially lose out by having an uneven split of home and away games across the full season (i.e. 18 home/20 away). This recognises that the top 4 teams are potentially fighting for top spot or to secure a place in Europe, and the bottom 4 teams may well be fighting to avoid relegation/play-offs.

While unacceptable, it is felt to be the “least unacceptable” option.

Hearts currently occupies 6th place in the Ladbrokes Premiership, behind Kilmarnock in 5th. It is the club’s understanding that Kilmarnock was disadvantaged in the post-split fixtures during the 2014/15 season. Again, in an effort to be as fair as possible to all clubs, previous imbalances are taken into account when determining the fixtures. Hearts are, therefore, unfortunately in the position of having to play three of the remaining five matches away from home.

Whilst the club is disappointed about this situation, it is a consequence of the inherently imbalanced system that the SPFL clubs have elected to operate.

Now that the fixtures have been announced, there are two very exciting games to look forward to at Tynecastle Park. Celtic will once again visit Gorgie, and the last home encounter still lives fresh in the memory of everyone who witnessed it that day; a resounding 4-0 victory to bring the champions’ 19-month unbeaten run to an end. Add to that another Edinburgh derby against Hibernian, and there are two massive games to see out the season.

The impressive 2-0 win over Aberdeen last weekend was a step towards finishing the season on a high. Once again, the backing from the stands was second to none. Tickets for the final two home games will go on sale at 9am tomorrow and the club looks forward to packing out Tynecastle Park on both occasions. The club cannot understate how much the first-team continues to appreciate the support they receive from the fans, as they bid to go undefeated since returning home in November.

The Pointer
I’d be annoyed if I was a Jambo, but you make good points.

They are simply the makeweights in the top 6 and have nothing to play for really.

Pittodrie on a Friday night is rough though. How is anyone with a 9-5 job expected to make that?

Same as if the Dons were to play at Tynecastle on a Friday night.

Personally I'm not happy as I was hoping to get my annual hospitality fix at one of the home games and the Celtic match is the only one I can make, maybe.

Mr_F
11-04-2018, 03:56 PM
I’ve sympathy for them. Not one game on Saturday. Extra trip to Ibrox and a Friday night trip to pitoddrie. All in all ***** fir their fans.

They're pricks, nae joy

Jack Hackett
11-04-2018, 03:57 PM
A bit cheesed off this morning so this is winging its way to Hampden as we speak.

The Scottish Professional Football League
Hampden Park
Glasgow
G42 9DE

To whom it may concern

I am writing in regards to the fiasco (or one of) in relation to Scottish Football today.

The split, which I am not aware of happening in any other association in Europe, is predominantly unfair.

I would appreciate it, as a season ticket holder with one of the clubs in the current SPFL, if you could answer the following questions:

1. Why is there such a split? Because the split is made after 3 rounds of games this automatically makes it unfair in relation to the number of home games per season that some clubs will have (Not Fair).

2. With the split in place, some teams will possibly have 20 Home games and 18 Away games. This means for season tickets some will be advantaged and some disadvantaged (Not Fair).

3. When a split is made and you find that some clubs have played an opponent 2 times at home already where is it fair that this club gets another home game against that specific club (Not Fair).

4. If a club does get another home game why is the money from that game not split fairly between both clubs (Not Fair).

5. When the split is made, and I believe that this has been going on for some 18 years now, how is it determined who gets to play who, where and when? (Not Fair).

6. In the 18 years that this has been going on, and taking account into the fact of Glasgow Rangers not being involved in the split for a number of years, how many times have either Celtic or Rangers played the other 3 times at home. None that I am aware of (Not Fair).

7. In relation to this season Rangers have played all of the other 5 teams twice at home prior to the split. Why should they be entitled to a further 2 games at home gaining large attendance monies (Not Fair).

8. Who decides when the games will be played? I understand that the TV companies should have a say in the rota as they have paid money for that entitlement but why does Police Scotland have to get involved. If it is because the supporters of specific teams cannot be trusted to conduct themselves properly then this is a matter for the league and association to take forward. We all know the reasons for their behaviour and this will continue until those in position show some bottle in dealing with the issue (this is for another debate).

9. If indeed, the Police are involved and it is for the reasons mentioned above then why should others suffer. There are possibly 4 teams playing for 2 (possibly 3) European places for the 2018/19 season. Why should they all be disadvantaged because 1 game seems to take priority (Not Fair).

10. If, as has been intimated, games (home and away) are based on some sort of ‘seeding’ based on previous years results and expectations, who decides that this is fair. As far as I am aware there has never been the same 6 teams in two consecutive seasons in the top six so how can this possibly work. (Not Fair).

11. If you are going to use a ‘seedings’ system why not seed the teams where they end up at the split?

I would just like to add that I am not trying to be smart with these questions I am just seeking clarification as to where those in high authority within the SPFL think that this is a fair process. It is continuously frustrating for supporters of other clubs viewing this as a process set up to continually feed the needs of two specific clubs.

I am aware that this has been in place for 18 years or so but that does not mean that this system works and those in authority need to sit down seriously and take the needs of all clubs into account and introduce a system that is fair to all of us and not be seen as pandering to those who are continuously favoured by the scottish media and the Police.

Yours Faithfully

Oops!

Mikey
11-04-2018, 03:57 PM

Nah :greengrin

danhibees1875
11-04-2018, 03:58 PM
I expect Whittaker will slot in infront of defence, and SJM playing a bit more forward.

Good point! I was impressed with Whittaker in the middle against Hamilton. :agree:

To be fair, I think that's a reasonable statement from Hearts given the situation. Imagine the Rangers equivalent.

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2018, 04:07 PM
Oops!

could copy and paste the post for next seasons end :cb

ancient hibee
11-04-2018, 04:11 PM
The Killie game should be a corker.

Albanian Hibs
11-04-2018, 04:14 PM

Can't see this price at all

Edit looks like they have gone for outward journey.

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 04:16 PM
The Killie game should be a corker.

Aye, I’m away for it 😡

Does hibs tv international work on an iPhone?

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 04:17 PM
We need to make sure that last game of the season counts. Really chuffed with that.

No we need to make sure we are 4pts ahead going in to that game because the ref will gift them it

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 04:19 PM
Hearts have nothing to complain about. Their season is over and the leagues bent over backwards for them this season with Murrayfeild matches against the sheep and huns.

Garymcl
11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Queen Anne (aka the budgie) will be furious one less home game equals less income oh ma sides😂😂😂👍

james62
11-04-2018, 04:22 PM
Queen Anne (aka the budgie) will be furious one less home game equals less income oh ma sides😂😂😂👍

It's ok for her though, the sales of those 1998 buses will more than compensate :greengrin

Elephant Stone
11-04-2018, 04:23 PM
Newco game could be exciting.

Mikey
11-04-2018, 04:24 PM
No we need to make sure we are 4pts ahead going in to that game because the ref will gift them it

I'd be happy to go in 2 points behind and ahead of Aberdeen and Kilmarnock.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 04:26 PM
You know I actually think the SPFL have grown a pair. They have ensured fairness in the allocation of games between the three teams competing for possibly just two European slots. Commonsense from Hampden? Who would have thunk it...either that or big Peter Lawell decided he wanted to work it right up the orange ugly by insisting they come to ER first to gift us three points so they could have jelly and ice cream in the following fixture in front of their own fans by working a double whammy up the Thes.

Either way I am satified we have it all in our own hands and only have to beat the refs to qualify.

BlackSheep
11-04-2018, 04:27 PM
If we beat Celtic and Rangers AND Aberdeen lose then Celtic win the league..... best case all round i think.

SJNB Hibby
11-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Aye, I’m away for it 😡

Worked on my samsung in New Hampshire last fall

Dashing Bob S
11-04-2018, 04:29 PM

Reservoirs of the stuff. I fancy a collection for them. Anybody else in?

"A kick in the teeth for a serene and classy lady who has won all our love with her shameless display of...etc etc"

Thecat23
11-04-2018, 04:37 PM
Can we merge all the post fixture threads please.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 04:37 PM

All the Yams will lose is the Roseburn stand crowd. They more than compensated for this with their Murrayfield crowd. Karmas a bitch ain't it Annie girl.

Pagan Hibernia
11-04-2018, 04:41 PM
I’d rather hearts got rangers at home.

With our recent record at greyskull we’d have nothing to fear going there, and hearts might have had a better chance of taking something off them at tiny....which would only help us

Postman
11-04-2018, 04:42 PM
The most ridiculous thing about all this is who thought it would make sense when the original fixture list was being worked on for Rangers, to play Celtic and the next three biggest clubs in the country at home twice before the split! That is clearly likely to advantage them.

Postman
11-04-2018, 04:46 PM

With our recent record at greyskull we’d have nothing to fear going there, and hearts might have had a better chance of taking something off them at tiny....which would only help us

Even with our recent record there, we still have a much better chance of the points at a packed ER and Hearts season is pretty much over now so it wouldn't be as difficult for Rangers at Tynie at this stage of the season

WhileTheChief..
11-04-2018, 05:02 PM
So all the conspiracy theories about the league helping Rangers out at our expense.......

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 05:07 PM
You know I actually think the SPFL have grown a pair. They have ensured fairness in the allocation of games between the three teams competing for possibly just two European slots. Commonsense from Hampden? Who would have thunk it...either that or big Peter Lawell decided he wanted to work it right up the orange ugly by insisting they come to ER first to gift us three points so they could have jelly and ice cream in the following fixture in front of their own fans by working a double whammy up the Thes.

Either way I am satified we have it all in our own hands and only have to beat the refs to qualify.

Yep. All credit must be given to the league on this.

Give the extra money to Dylan as a signing on fee. We didn’t think we would see it regardless.

Dr_Regal
11-04-2018, 05:08 PM

Hope you had a lovely time in my neck of the woods.

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 05:08 PM
So all the conspiracy theories about the league helping Rangers out at our expense.......

Will be completely quiet now :greengrin

Sauzee16
11-04-2018, 05:09 PM
The most ridiculous thing about all this is who thought it would make sense when the original fixture list was being worked on for Rangers, to play Celtic and the next three biggest clubs in the country at home twice before the split! That is clearly likely to advantage them.

Very fair point.

JimBHibees
11-04-2018, 05:11 PM
First thought is we will get shafted v Celtic to make sure old firm game isn't the title decider.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 05:26 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6632

Like the bit, mid table teams😂

Onion
11-04-2018, 05:34 PM
First thought is we will get shafted v Celtic to make sure old firm game isn't the title decider.

:agree: Hibs will be playing the champions elect and the officials.

Hope Lennon and Hibs see this match for what it is, an assumption by the SPFL that Hibs are incapable of beating Celtic.

11-04-2018, 05:38 PM
:agree: Hibs will be playing the champions elect and the officials.

Hope Lennon and Hibs see this match for what it is, an assumption by the SPFL that Hibs are incapable of beating Celtic.

Would've preferred to get Celtic after they'd won the league but was expecting to be away to Rangers so not going to complain.

bingo70
11-04-2018, 05:40 PM

It’s a decent statement to be fair.

I’m pleased that common sense prevails and the fact it’s mean hearts lose out as a result makes it all the better.

andyf5
11-04-2018, 05:41 PM
Aye, I’m away for it 😡

my phone was blocked in Jan when away in France as I have a Uk data contract. Maybe best contacting them before. If you are using wifi abroad that's ok.

Onion
11-04-2018, 05:47 PM

I’m pleased that common sense prevails and the fact it’s mean hearts lose out as a result makes it all the better.

Is this new information ?

In simple terms, where an imbalance is inevitable, “mid-table” teams (clubs in positions 5,6,7 and 8) are those that potentially lose out by having an uneven split of home and away games across the full season (i.e. 18 home/20 away).

Don't recall anyone suggesting this or quoting it from rules. Seems a much fairer approach to the 19 home games issue than some pre-season "seeding" system.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 05:49 PM

I agree Bingo, think it is
It’s obviously aimed at the Jambo support, she’s got to try and appease them

Bostonhibby
11-04-2018, 05:50 PM

they've used up all their favours with the fixture accommodations they got when they started building the megastand and arguably since as well. They're making up the numbers in these matches so looks fine to me.

They really need to see the positive in this, they can start work again on the stand a week early and the extra time should mean they will have the much trumpeted new pitch relaid on time as well. Might even be finished by the start of next season:greengrin

bingo70
11-04-2018, 05:52 PM
I agree Bingo, think it is
It’s obviously aimed at the Jambo support, she’s got to try and appease them

I think it also highlights the flaws in the set up (as if they needed highlighted).

Hopefully now we will look to review the structure of the league.

Jack Hackett
11-04-2018, 05:54 PM
my phone was blocked in Jan when away in France as I have a Uk data contract. Maybe best contacting them before. If you are using wifi abroad that's ok.

That's a weird one. You should still be able to use your phone for calls and internet regardless of your contract. Some providers ask you to enable overseas use (3 does), but it's a simple unlock through your online account. It's a security measure to prevent stolen phones from being shipped and used abroad

Aim Here
11-04-2018, 06:03 PM
I just spotted a fun brainfart in the Hearts statement on why it's their fans are getting the shaft by the upcoming fixture list.

The last sentence reads thus:

"The club cannot understate how much the first-team continues to appreciate the support they receive from the fans, as they bid to go undefeated since returning home in November."

Oxford English dictionary defines understate as a verb which means "Describe or represent (something) as being smaller or less good or important than it really is."

Ann Budge is saying that it's impossible for the team to be less appreciative of the efforts of the Gorgie masses. It's just not their day!

LReilly95
11-04-2018, 06:16 PM
I just spotted a fun brainfart in the Hearts statement on why it's their fans are getting the shaft by the upcoming fixture list.

"The club cannot understate how much the first-team continues to appreciate the support they receive from the fans, as they bid to go undefeated since returning home in November."

Oxford English dictionary defines understate as a verb which means "Describe or represent (something) as being smaller or less good or important than it really is."

Ann Budge is saying that it's impossible for the team to be less appreciative of the efforts of the Gorgie masses. It's just not their day!

They should stick to using words they know the meaning of such as schematics and goalposts.

hibby6270
11-04-2018, 06:17 PM
Loads of unhappy punters on Kickback. To pick some highlight comments:

- Some looking compensation for “missing” a 19th home game.
- Some threatening not to renew STs because they blame the club.
- The obvious “its SPFL pandering to the OF”.
- It’s all Rod’s fault.:confused:

What has not been mentioned at all is the extra revenue they made from their Murrayfield ‘home’ games. Conveniently forgotten because the current situation doesn’t suit them.

I’m sure we’d have been similarly pissed off if fixtures hadn’t worked out 19/19 in our favour but I’d like to think our vitriol towards the club and/or SPFL would be reasoned and less contentious than that coming from our west city neighbours.

Jack Hackett
11-04-2018, 06:17 PM

Brainfarts R Us :lolyam:

ancient hibee
11-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Is this new information ?

In simple terms, where an imbalance is inevitable, “mid-table” teams (clubs in positions 5,6,7 and 8) are those that potentially lose out by having an uneven split of home and away games across the full season (i.e. 18 home/20 away).

Don't recall anyone suggesting this or quoting it from rules. Seems a much fairer approach to the 19 home games issue than some pre-season "seeding" system.
I posted on one of the threads a few days ago re this.The Daily Mail had an article saying that when the split was devised the “unwritten “idea was that in an imbalance teams 6 and 7 would most likely lose out as they almost certainly had least to play for.This is sensible.

Joe6-2
11-04-2018, 06:19 PM
Some fair questions in there that need to be answered - but sadly you'll get a bog standard response which won't address any of your questions

If you get a response at all

SJNB Hibby
11-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Hope you had a lovely time in my neck of the woods.

Got a time share at attitash
Watched a game at the new sports bar at the outlet
Mall in north conway

Diclonius
11-04-2018, 06:26 PM
If Motherwell go through to the final and we lose both our opening fixtures and Rangers/Aberdeen win both of theirs, our season is over if we don't beat Aberdeen. Very unlikely though given Rangers have to play Celtic. This will hopefully go right to the last game of the season.

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2018, 06:27 PM

With our recent record at greyskull we’d have nothing to fear going there, and hearts might have had a better chance of taking something off them at tiny....which would only help usSorry not for me..it's much better we play them.at ER...especially as our home form has been faultless since the winter break. History shows we very rarely win twice at Ibroke in a season so 3 wins would be a tall order ...not to mention gate money ext

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2018, 06:29 PM

I’m pleased that common sense prevails and the fact it’s mean hearts lose out as a result makes it all the better.Serves them right for being...well sh### lol

El Gubbz
11-04-2018, 06:30 PM
If Motherwell go through to the final and we lose both our opening fixtures and Rangers/Aberdeen win both of theirs, our season is over if we don't beat Aberdeen. Very unlikely though given Rangers have to play Celtic. This will hopefully go right to the last game of the season.
Not if Celtic/Rangers beat Motherwell in the final

Borderhibbie76
11-04-2018, 06:31 PM
If Motherwell go through to the final and we lose both our opening fixtures and Rangers/Aberdeen win both of theirs, our season is over if we don't beat Aberdeen. Very unlikely though given Rangers have to play Celtic. This will hopefully go right to the last game of the season.Lots of IFs in there mate...let's just take it as it comes ah ...

Jack Hackett
11-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Wouldn't Well have to win it? I thought runners-up no longer got Europa entry.

jacomo
11-04-2018, 06:32 PM
Good point! I was impressed with Whittaker in the middle against Hamilton. :agree:

To be fair, I think that's a reasonable statement from Hearts given the situation. Imagine the Rangers equivalent.

How about this para?

Whilst the club is disappointed about this situation, it is a consequence of the inherently imbalanced system that the SPFL clubs have elected to operate.

It seems to be an implicit criticism of the current league structure. Are Hearts advocating something different?

Personally I’m in favour of a 16 team league but that’s another conversation!

tamig
11-04-2018, 06:33 PM

Correct.

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2018, 06:33 PM
well, i for one wish hertz all the best in their games against aberdeen(again) and sevco :agree:

Sir David Gray
11-04-2018, 06:36 PM

How will our season be over? If we hang onto 4th and Motherwell don't win the cup then we'll be in Europe.

One Day Soon
11-04-2018, 06:39 PM
These are great fixtures for us. It’s all down to our mentality which I’m confident about and the referees, which scares the crap out of me.

davhibby
How will our season be over? If we hang onto 4th and Motherwell don't win the cup then we'll be in Europe.

If we were to lose at home to Killie I don't think we'd be 4th. Our home record since Christmas has been outstanding though and I don't see why that would change now

Diclonius

Ah yeah, right enough. In that case, the earliest our season can end is at Tynecastle if Kilmarnock win all their games, we lose all of ours, we fail to beat Hearts and Kilmarnock don't lose v Celtic. Again, likely we'll have something to play for in our final game.

brog
11-04-2018, 06:54 PM
I think Hibs have played a great game here. While Levein was crying as usual, NL was making noises that we had no fear of going to Govan for a 3rd time. Meanwhile I have no doubt that LD & the Tache were quietly working away behind the scenes to ensure today's satisfactory outcome. The fact is, the original pre split fixtures were seeded based on last season's results. It makes absolute sense ( did I really say that about the SPFL ) to base the post split seedings/fixtures on this season's form. Hawrts should just be grateful they don't have 2 fixtures against Ross County & Hamilton to come.

Sir David Gray
11-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Ah yeah, right enough. In that case, the earliest our season can end is at Tynecastle if Kilmarnock win all their games, we lose all of ours, we fail to beat Hearts and Kilmarnock don't lose v Celtic. Again, likely we'll have something to play for in our final game.

That's a lot of ifs, buts and maybes.

Probably best to just take one game at a time.

jgl07
11-04-2018, 07:07 PM
I think Hibs have played a great game here. While Levein was crying as usual, NL was making noises that we had no fear of going to Govan for a 3rd time. Meanwhile I have no doubt that LD & the Tache were quietly working away behind the scenes to ensure today's satisfactory outcome. The fact is, the original pre split fixtures were seeded based on last season's results. It makes absolute sense ( did I really say that about the SPFL ) to base the post split seedings/fixtures on this season's form. Hawrts should just be grateful they don't have 2 fixtures against Ross County & Hamilton to come.

Yes they should be demoted to the bottom six for being such a cheating set of *******s by disrupting the first quarter of the season with moving matches to Murrayfield and swapping matches to away.

Libby Hibby
11-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Hearts fans on about boycotting ibrox for having to go there for a 3rd time but forgetting about all the hassle they caused with fixtures at the start of the season.

Shame.

GGTTH

Iggy Pope
11-04-2018, 07:10 PM

Any room in that car you're taking to Aberdeen?

Pagan Hibernia
11-04-2018, 07:36 PM
If we were to lose at home to Killie I don't think we'd be 4th. Our home record since Christmas has been outstanding though and I don't see why that would change now

We’re seven points ahead of Killie. Even if they beat us at ER they’re not catching us.

Hibernian Verse
11-04-2018, 07:37 PM
We’re seven points ahead of Killie. Even if they beat us at ER they’re not catching us.They play Hamilton on Saturday to go 4 points behind. We then play Celtic, then Killie.

The Spaceman
11-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Hearts fans moaning about the league not giving them the favourable break of fixtures when:

A) The entire league had to work round their shambolic stand construction for the first few months of the season with rearrangements.
B) They have NOTHING to play for. They are in 6th and 6th is where they will remain.

You can't make it up. Idiots to a man.

Pagan Hibernia
11-04-2018, 07:49 PM
They play Hamilton on Saturday to go 4 points behind. We then play Celtic, then Killie.

damn, forgot they hadn’t played their 33rd game yet... ok it’s possible they can catch us, but they’re not beating us at ER so we’ll be alright :aok:

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 08:21 PM

If defeated finalists lose to Champions tgey still get the 3rd Europa spot. Its why we must finish 3rd or higher.

bingo70
11-04-2018, 08:23 PM
If defeated finalists lose to Champions tgey still get the 3rd Europa spot. Its why we must finish 3rd or higher.

That’s not the case any more.

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2018, 08:24 PM

i'm sure they don't

Sir David Gray
11-04-2018, 08:25 PM

That rule was scrapped about 3 years ago.

hfc rd
11-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Happy with fixtures after a very long wait for them to be released!

Only annoying thing for me personally is that I cannot make the The Rangers game as got a stag-do in Manchester that weekend. Oh well 😔

DH1875
11-04-2018, 08:29 PM
Do we know which games are gonna be on the telly.

bingo70
11-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Do we know which games are gonna be on the telly.

Games against Celtic, hearts and rangers on the tele.

Eyrie
11-04-2018, 08:35 PM
In a perfect world we'd have Hearts first up and Celtc in the mid week game but this is a surprisingly sensible outcome.

None of the teams competing for second is disadvantaged by having to visit a direct rival for a third time. Hearts may have lost out by only getting 18 home games but financially they're covered by the games at Murrayfield.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 08:49 PM

Onion
11-04-2018, 08:54 PM

No they don't.

Babyshamble
11-04-2018, 08:58 PM

Not anymore they don't

Sir David Gray
11-04-2018, 09:04 PM

That's twice you've come out with this now tonight.

Please see the replies to your first post on the matter correcting you on your mistake.

That rule no longer applies and if the winners of the Scottish Cup have already qualified for Europe through their league position then the Scottish Cup European place goes to the highest placed league side that hasn't already qualified for Europe.

IrnBru22
11-04-2018, 09:05 PM

Where are you seeing this mate? Cheapest I can find is £30 return pp and that’s with a railcard

SteveHFC
11-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Where are you seeing this mate? Cheapest I can find is £30 return pp and that’s with a railcard

will be sold out now as they only offer a few at that price, got mine as soon as fixtures came out

11-04-2018, 09:40 PM
In a perfect world we'd have Hearts first up and Celtc in the mid week game but this is a surprisingly sensible outcome.

None of the teams competing for second is disadvantaged by having to visit a direct rival for a third time. Hearts may have lost out by only getting 18 home games but financially they're covered by the games at Murrayfield.

That's true though if I was a Jambo season ticket holder I'd be peed off about losing out on a home game.

The fairest way would have been to have the Hearts V Rangers match at Tynecastle. Rangers would then be the team who was only getting 18 home games. However, they'd still have the benefit of 3 home games against a top 6 team (Killie) to make up for it. They'd be 11 home and 9 away against the top 6 whereas the actual situation is they'll have 12 home and 8 away matches against the top 6 teams.

Or maybe they should have done Hearts V Rangers at Murrayfield again with the season tickets for both teams being valid. There's room for all the season ticket holders of both clubs.

hibbyfraelibby
11-04-2018, 10:06 PM
That's twice you've come out with this now tonight.

Please see the replies to your first post on the matter correcting you on your mistake.

That rule no longer applies and if the winners of the Scottish Cup have already qualified for Europe through their league position then the Scottish Cup European place goes to the highest placed league side that hasn't already qualified for Europe.
Ok so I'm behind the times. But point remains we need 3rd to guarantee a UEFA spot just in case Motherwell win the cup. 4th place is a lottery.

hibee_girl
11-04-2018, 10:07 PM
Ok so I'm behind the times. But point remains we need 3rd to guarantee a UEFA spot just in case Motherwell win the cup. 4th place is a lottery.

Motherwell could be out the cup on Saturday, we’ll know then if 4th is enough

Sir David Gray
11-04-2018, 10:15 PM

There's 4 teams left in the cup this year and if 3 of those teams win it then 4th place will get into Europe. I wish all lotteries had such high probability of success!

Lancs Harp
11-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Romantically it would be nice to see Motherwell win the cup, but perhaps more realistically and certainly from a Hibs POV....... just cant see it. Good luck to them if they pull it off, but I'd be shocked if the won the Cup considering the other three protagonists. You never know in football though.

11-04-2018, 10:21 PM
There's 4 teams left in the cup this year and if 3 of those teams win it then 4th place will get into Europe. I wish all lotteries had such high probability of success!

:agree: Though you'd be sharing a £20million jackpot with 40 million other people.

PatHead
11-04-2018, 10:24 PM

Aberdeen are without Graeme Shinnie, Kenny McLean and Shane Logan. They are never the same team without Shinnie. Motherwell are not bad odds at 13/5.

cabbageandribs1875
11-04-2018, 10:38 PM
wonder what the attendance will be for the murrawell v aberdeen SF, aberdeen have sold approx 12k and murrawell just under 6k so far

PatHead
11-04-2018, 10:45 PM
wonder what the attendance will be for the murrawell v aberdeen SF, aberdeen have sold approx 12k and murrawell just under 6k so far

I'm guessing at least 17,500 :wink:

The Leith Dutch
11-04-2018, 10:45 PM
Got to say. It would become *very* interesting if we won the first game against Celtic.....

11-04-2018, 10:59 PM
Got to say. It would become *very* interesting if we won the first game against Celtic.....

And then Hearts would lose at Ibrox the next day. Armageddon then forecast for the Glasgow derby the following week.

penihibs
11-04-2018, 11:20 PM

I managed to get up sat down sun for £23 quid with railcard.

spike220
12-04-2018, 12:24 AM
Celtic have a big incentive to lose or draw at Easter road. They could then potentially win the league v sevco

Austinho
12-04-2018, 12:49 AM
Can’t complain too much with those. My only concern would be that we have been deliberately set up to face a Celtic team who are under pressure by the authorities to win, whereas Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will be facing them when they have nothing to play for. They may even be resting players for a potential cup final by then. Last game of the season could even see them lying down to Aberdeen to prevent Rangers a euro spot. Likewise, Hearts could well play dirty on the last game if Kilmarnock are in reach of us by then.

poolman
12-04-2018, 01:50 AM
Can’t complain too much with those. My only concern would be that we have been deliberately set up to face a Celtic team who are under pressure by the authorities to win, whereas Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will be facing them when they have nothing to play for. They may even be resting players for a potential cup final by then. Last game of the season could even see them lying down to Aberdeen to prevent Rangers a euro spot. Likewise, Hearts could well play dirty on the last game if Kilmarnock are in reach of us by then.

You really think they all sat round a table debating how they can set us up against Celtic :rolleyes:

Austinho
12-04-2018, 03:18 AM
You really think they all sat round a table debating how they can set us up against Celtic :rolleyes:Well in a way, yes they have - the fixtures have been set deliberately so Celtic can play a perceived ‘easier’ team (in this case us) with the chance to win the league, stricly to avoid a fiery title decider with Rangers. There’s no debating that really.

I’m not paranoid enough to think they sat around orchestrating a Hibs downfall or are nudging the referee to make sure we don’t win etc etc. but it’s no secret the league and police are crossing their fingers and toes for a Celtic win, and Celtic will have extra insentive to wrap it up to avoid shameful scenes at their own ground. But my point is simply that our rivals have a slight advantage over us when they inevitably play a Celtic side with nothing left to play for.

BlackSheep
12-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Looking forward to seeing the odds on a penalty for Celtic at easter road.

Or a hibs red card.

worth a punt id say

BILLYHIBS
12-04-2018, 07:29 AM
Got to be happy with that draw.As a Hibby just delighted to be there considering where we were three years ago.

Neil Lennon is correct let’s treat every game as a cup final and be the best we can be.

GGTTH

Greenworld
12-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

hibbyfraelibby
12-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Romantically it would be nice to see Motherwell win the cup, but perhaps more realistically and certainly from a Hibs POV....... just cant see it. Good luck to them if they pull it off, but I'd be shocked if the won the Cup considering the other three protagonists. You never know in football though.

Yup...and who would have thought a team from Scotland's 2nd tier would defeat an ugly sister at Hampden to wi the cup. Would never happen.

Greenworld
12-04-2018, 08:46 AM
Can’t complain too much with those. My only concern would be that we have been deliberately set up to face a Celtic team who are under pressure by the authorities to win, whereas Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will be facing them when they have nothing to play for. They may even be resting players for a potential cup final by then. Last game of the season could even see them lying down to Aberdeen to prevent Rangers a euro spot. Likewise, Hearts could well play dirty on the last game if Kilmarnock are in reach of us by then.And if hibs win all games then a bit of redder for them [emoji23]

Greenworld
12-04-2018, 08:47 AM
Does anyone know when tickets go on sale for home games

WhileTheChief..
12-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Looking forward to seeing the odds on a penalty for Celtic at easter road.

Or a hibs red card.

worth a punt id say

Here we go again!

One conspiracy about the league doing everything to shaft us and help Rangers is put to bed and straight away we’ve moved on to how the refs are gonna take up that baton to keep us down!

Unbelievable.

How about just just being happy for once, worth a shot?!

Hibbyradge
12-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Well in a way, yes they have - the fixtures have been set deliberately so Celtic can play a perceived ‘easier’ team (in this case us) with the chance to win the league, stricly to avoid a fiery title decider with Rangers. There’s no debating that really.

I’m not paranoid enough to think they sat around orchestrating a Hibs downfall or are nudging the referee to make sure we don’t win etc etc. but it’s no secret the league and police are crossing their fingers and toes for a Celtic win, and Celtic will have extra insentive to wrap it up to avoid shameful scenes at their own ground. But my point is simply that our rivals have a slight advantage over us when they inevitably play a Celtic side with nothing left to play for.

I don't think there was ever a chance of Celtc playing The Rangers in the first game post split whether or not winning the title was a possibility.

That would have meant 2 old firm derbies in a week, possibly 6 days if it was the Saturday.

So someone had to face Celtc on the 21st. If there was any sort of effort to gerrymander the fixtures to give Celtc the best chance of winning the league, they'd have given them Killie or Aberdeen at home, or Hearts away.

Or, easier still, push the Rangers game back to Star Wars day.

Hibs at Easter Road is not a guaranteed 3 points.

My view is that it was the TV companies who couldn't agree the dates. The avoid a title derby is mostly a myth created by the press and paranoid fans thirsty for proof that they're being deliberately disadvantaged.

In my humble opinion, obviously.

KWJ
12-04-2018, 09:16 AM
Tend to agree with above. If they were desperate to avoid OF decider then they'd have pushed it back further.

danhibees1875
12-04-2018, 09:28 AM
I don't think there was ever a chance of Celtc playing The Rangers in the first game post split whether or not winning the title was a possibility.

That would have meant 2 old firm derbies in a week, possibly 6 days if it was the Saturday.

So someone had to face Celtc on the 21st. If there was any sort of effort to gerrymander the fixtures to give Celtc the best chance of winning the league, they'd have given them Killie or Aberdeen at home, or Hearts away.

Or, easier still, push the Rangers game back to Star Wars day.

Hibs at Easter Road is not a guaranteed 3 points.

My view is that it was the TV companies who couldn't agree the dates. The avoid a title derby is mostly a myth created by the press and paranoid fans thirsty for proof that they're being deliberately disadvantaged.

In my humble opinion, obviously.

I think you're right. It makes no sense that an inevitable conclusion coming to fruition would be any cause for concern when they have cup semi's/finals between the two of them frequently.

Makes a nice wee story for the press to run with though and builds up the anticipation for this weekend's derby as everyone waits for the ensuing carnage that the league fixtures were meant to avoid.

Any theory that the ref will give them penalties for nothing is as likely as Celtic scoring own goals to ensure it does happen (the SFA have never said they're trying to avoid a derby decider, but the Celtic manager, and he probably speaks for the players, seems all for it after all) - neither are likely though.

Greenbeard
12-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Haven't read the whole mahoosive thread but on reflection, given the expectation of a third match away to the Hunsh-ites, this is a good outcome. And I am not too fussed about having Celtic first up. Think I'd rather we face them when there is a wee bit of pressure on them, rather than when they have already won the league and can play relaxed free-flowing football.

jacomo
12-04-2018, 09:42 AM
Haven't read the whole mahoosive thread but on reflection, given the expectation of a third match away to the Hunsh-ites, this is a good outcome. And I am not too fussed about having Celtic first up. Think I'd rather we face them when there is a wee bit of pressure on them, rather than when they have already won the league and can play relaxed free-flowing football.

Really? I would much rather face Celtc after they have clinched the title and they take their foot off the gas.

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 09:47 AM
Really? I would much rather face Celtc after they have clinched the title and they take their foot off the gas.

I remember about 20 years ago we played Celtic going for the treble who won the league the week before - they absolutely smashed us 5-2 at home when the fixture before was a draw at Parkhead. There will be less pressure on them win they win the title and will play with freedom.

Austinho
12-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I remember about 20 years ago we played Celtic going for the treble who won the league the week before - they absolutely smashed us 5-2 at home when the fixture before was a draw at Parkhead. There will be less pressure on them win they win the title and will play with freedom.Don’t think there’s much pressure on them at the moment as it is - the league has been a foregone conclusion for weeks.

They’ll be able to rest players against our rivals if they make the cup final though.

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Don’t think there’s much pressure on them at the moment as it is - the league has been a foregone conclusion for weeks.

They’ll be able to rest players against our rivals if they make the cup final though.

They could have done similar in previous seasons too like that season they thrashed us and last season but it made very little difference.

Sauzee16
12-04-2018, 11:17 AM

Cheers guys. I'll have wifi at hotel so Hibs International it is. :aok:

seanshow
12-04-2018, 11:58 AM
A long winded way of saying it is virtually 50/50 whether Celtic will win the league at the first attempt.....someone might have to check my stats. :nerd:

Looking at the top six split first round matches and whether the league title is decided at the first attempt.
As in any 3 game situation, (like a 3 game betting accumlulator there are 1/27 combinations of different results) but on this occasion we are looking at all the possible combinations where Celtic will win the league, not just for one result to win a bet.

Fixtures

Hibernian v Celtic
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen
Rangers v Hearts

League table

Celtic 75 Pts
Rangers 62
Aberdeen 62

Celtic win the league if ......

HB v CT (2) ends an Away win plus any other result.

-----------
RG V HR (1)
KM V AB (2)

RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (1)

RG V HR (D)
KM V AB (1)

RG V HR (D)
KM V AB (D)

RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (2)

RG V HR (1)
KM V AB (1)

RG V HR (D)
KM V AB (2)

RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (D)

RG V HR (1)
KM V AB (D)

++++++++++++++

If HB V CT (D) ends in a Draw plus any of these results.

-----------
RG V HR (D)
KM V AB (D)

RG V HR (D)
KM V AB (1)

RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (D)

RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (1)

++++++++++++++

If HB V CT (1) ends in Home win plus this result. ( This is the best option out of all 27 combinations :greengrin )

-----------
RG V HR (2)
KM V AB (1)

++++++++++++++

So regardless of the odds from the individual matches there are 14 out of 27 combinations of results in which the title will be decided at the first attempt, Leaving a 13 out of 27 chance the title decider will go onto round Two of fixtures or beyond.....

jodjam
12-04-2018, 01:38 PM

Just look at Hibs official statement released yesterday after the fixtures were announced.

southsider
12-04-2018, 02:00 PM
We are in competition with the rangers for second spot. Lets play mind games with them. Give Celtic the whole away end but give the rangers only half of it. Have the guys who made the Time for Heroes on the pitch with it before the game. They will be in a rage.

BlackSheep
12-04-2018, 02:28 PM
Here we go again!

One conspiracy about the league doing everything to shaft us and help Rangers is put to bed and straight away we’ve moved on to how the refs are gonna take up that baton to keep us down!

Unbelievable.

Im more than happy and haven't said a bad word against the SPFL's process except how long it took.... nor have i berated the refs (too much), I'm simply saying with the recent controversy surrounding hibs and officials i am sure the bookies will be taking some bets on these two things.

Hibbyradge
12-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Im more than happy and haven't said a bad word against the SPFL's process except how long it took.... nor have i berated the refs (too much), I'm simply saying with the recent controversy surrounding hibs and officials i am sure the bookies will be taking some bets on these two things.

You can get a bet on sending offs and penalties in most games.

BlackSheep
12-04-2018, 03:46 PM
You can get a bet on sending offs and penalties in most games.

I'm well aware of this too :greengrin

JohnMcM
12-04-2018, 05:24 PM
I think it is safe to this season's split has questions surrounding it's transparency, fairness and even-handidness in the way it has been planned.

I hope you will agree with me that, on the surface, it appears everything has been done to avoid the scenario where Celtic win the title by beating Sevco, for whatever reason.

I can foresee a mind-numbing embarrassment for Scottish Football when we play Celtic.

We all know that our team is more than capable of drawing with, or even beating them at ER.

To avoid the scenario the establishment are desperate to avoid would mean Celtic beating us at ER.

Dare the blazers see to it, in front of the nation and beyond, that despite how well we play against Celtic, the match officials will make sure Celtic win.

Wish I could get odds on that happening.:greengrin

Hibbyradge
12-04-2018, 05:29 PM
I think it is safe to this season's split has questions surrounding it's transparency, fairness and even-handidness in the way it has been planned.

I hope you will agree with me that, on the surface, it appears everything has been done to avoid the scenario where Celtic win the title by beating Sevco, for whatever reason.

I can foresee a mind-numbing embarrassment for Scottish Football when we play Celtic.

We all know that our team is more than capable of drawing with, or even beating them at ER.

To avoid the scenario the establishment are desperate to avoid would mean Celtic beating us at ER.

Dare the blazers see to it, in front of the nation and beyond, that despite how well we play against Celtic, the match officials will make sure Celtic win.

Wish I could get odds on that happening.:greengrin

I don't agree with you. Not in the slightest.

If the league wanted to "do everything" to avoid the possibility of Celtc winning the league against sevco, they could have given them a home game on the 21st.

Or sent them to the PBS.

Or scheduled the sevco game in May.

An away game to one of the few teams who have taken points off them, and who still have plenty to play for, is hardly cushy.

JohnMcM
12-04-2018, 05:35 PM
I don't agree with you. Not in the slightest.

If the league wanted to "do everything" to avoid the possibility of Celtc winning the league against sevco, they could have given them a home game on the 21st.

Or sent them to the PBS.

Or scheduled the sevco game in May.

An away game to one of the few teams who have taken points off them, and who still have plenty to play for, is hardly cushy.

I respect your right to disagree with me, you make a good point, I will still hold my own viewpoint though and try to think this through for myself.:wink::agree:

Spike Mandela
12-04-2018, 05:42 PM
I think the Celtic team of recent time, especially the defence, can be got at.

I have no fears playing them whether they are going for the title or not. We need the win either way so let’s get right ****ing intae them.

Ideal scenario would be we beat them but they win the league by default with Aberdeen and Rangers getting beat.��

Jack Hackett
12-04-2018, 05:48 PM
I think the Celtic team of recent time, especially the defence, can be got at.

I have no fears playing them whether they are going for the title or not. We need the win either way so let’s get right ****ing intae them.

Ideal scenario would be we beat them but they win the league by default with Aberdeen and Rangers getting beat.��

Stop it! You're getting me all wet

:drool:

Hibbyradge
12-04-2018, 06:01 PM
I respect your right to disagree with me, you make a good point, I will still hold my own viewpoint though and try to think this through for myself.:wink::agree:

You're entitled to any viewpoint you prefer, but what you're suggesting is that Hibs away is an easier game for Celtc than Hearts away or Killie or Aberdeen at Parkhead.

Also, they could have scheduled the sevco game for the third weekend, giving Celtc more opportunity to get it over the line.

jacomo
12-04-2018, 11:55 PM
We are in competition with the rangers for second spot. Lets play mind games with them. Give Celtic the whole away end but give the rangers only half of it. Have the guys who made the Time for Heroes on the pitch with it before the game. They will be in a rage.

Can we goad them again?

Petrie’s tache will be twitching at the thought of more exuberance.

JohnMcM
13-04-2018, 09:47 AM
You're entitled to any viewpoint you prefer, but what you're suggesting is that Hibs away is an easier game for Celtc than Hearts away or Killie or Aberdeen at Parkhead.

Also, they could have scheduled the sevco game for the third weekend, giving Celtc more opportunity to get it over the line.

Now I understand your reply more fully. I wasn't suggesting that we are an easier game for them. I was suggesting the opposite and the possibility of us not being allowed to win the match.:agree:

MB62
13-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Just look at Hibs official statement released yesterday after the fixtures were announced.

Aye, ok, but how does it take so long to even make an announcement? let alone start selling. It's not as though there has been any new season tickets sold in the last two weeks, for this season anyway, so it can't be too complicated to release the available tickets. These will be the same as it was for the previous home game, possibly with the exception of some of the south stand. I would imagine there is a template for this with just a change of opponent and date required and printing is done either in the ticket office or 'print at home'.

Steven79
13-04-2018, 10:47 AM
Aye, ok, but how does it take so long to even make an announcement? let alone start selling. It's not as though there has been any new season tickets sold in the last two weeks, for this season anyway, so it can't be too complicated to release the available tickets. These will be the same as it was for the previous home game, possibly with the exception of some of the south stand. I would imagine there is a template for this with just a change of opponent and date required and printing is done either in the ticket office or 'print at home'.

Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic are all selling tickets for the games.

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Here we go again!

Unbelievable.

Not sure it's a conspiracy - more a hunch based on experience.

You would have to have lived on the moon not to have watched games against the old firm where dubious decisions were given in their favour. I think it's completely natural to have suspicions that Celtic might just get one or two next Saturday. Particularly with what's at stake.

For the record I think we will be flying when we play them and expect a cracker! 4-3 Hibs :agree:

Hibbyradge
13-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Now I understand your reply more fully. I wasn't suggesting that we are an easier game for them. I was suggesting the opposite and the possibility of us not being allowed to win the match.:agree:

Well, you said that you thought everything possible had been to ensure Celtc won the league before playing sevco. I pointed out that wasn't the case.

If we're not allowed to win next week, it will be Celtic that stop us, not the match officials.

WhileTheChief..
13-04-2018, 07:33 PM
the possibility of us not being allowed to win the match.:agree:

And here we have it again!

Are you genuinely, seriously, suggesting that the match officials at our game will have been briefed by ‘the blazers’ to fix the match?

Not only that, but they’d all go through with it and risk their professional careers for what exactly? Because they were told to by these faceless blazers?!

That’s what you’re suggesting and in truth, it’s complete and utter bollox.

If that happenened it would be one of the biggest national scandals Scotland would have ever seen!

Famous Fiver
13-04-2018, 07:53 PM
And Roma never paid off the ref in their European Cup semi final against Dundee United?

Corruption is all around us unfortunately.

Apparently Roma were selling tickets for their second leg home tie against Liverpool an hour before the draw was made.

John McM may just have the semblance of a point.

WhileTheChief..
13-04-2018, 11:32 PM
No point in us turning up then eh. Just concede the 3pts if it’s already been decided :aok:

Greenworld
15-04-2018, 10:59 AM
Anyone know when the tickets for rangers game will go on line

Eyrie
15-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Anyone know when the tickets for rangers game will go on line

Kilmarnock went on sale yesterday evening which was earlier than expected because the original announcement was that tickets for Killie and Sevco would be some time this coming week.

Based on that, you should be regularly checking for Sevco tickets.

Greenworld
15-04-2018, 04:20 PM
Kilmarnock went on sale yesterday evening which was earlier than expected because the original announcement was that tickets for Killie and Sevco would be some time this coming week.

Based on that, you should be regularly checking for Sevco tickets.Cheers on sale now