PDA

View Full Version : NHC Well Done Scotland's Ladies

MB62
11-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Discovered Scotland's ladies were playing Poland on ALBA last night and decided to watch that rather than some game happening down in engerland.
The more I see of the ladies game the more impressed I am with the massive amount of progress they have made in recent years. The girls played some really good football and with a very good awareness of the game too.

Very well done on a very good 3-0 win against a tough Polish side who were not scared to leave the boot or elbow in and quite rightly finished the game with only 10 players.

Newcastlehibby
11-04-2018, 11:26 AM
I managed to marry up the radio commentary and the tv pictures. Enjoyed the second half in particular. Some nice moves there.

saltandsauce
11-04-2018, 01:00 PM
I went to the game with the wife and bairn and was hugely impressed with the woman's attitude to the fans after the game,they were still out signing autographs and takin photo's 20 mins after ft..

MB62
11-04-2018, 01:08 PM
I went to the game with the wife and bairn and was hugely impressed with the woman's attitude to the fans after the game,they were still out signing autographs and takin photo's 20 mins after ft..

My wife commented on that too, a fantastic touch by the girls. Don't think we would have seen too many of their male counterparts doing that.
Alex McLeish was at the game too, wonder who he had his eye on? :wink: :greengrin

Forza Fred
12-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Discovered Scotland's ladies were playing Poland on ALBA last night and decided to watch that rather than some game happening down in engerland.
The more I see of the ladies game the more impressed I am with the massive amount of progress they have made in recent years. The girls played some really good football and with a very good awareness of the game too.

Very well done on a very good 3-0 win against a tough Polish side who were not scared to leave the boot or elbow in and quite rightly finished the game with only 10 players.

The difference between women’s fitba in the last 40 years or so has been astronomical.

No longer is it a ‘kick and giggle’ sport.

Haven’t seen much of the Scotland team, but the Australian national team affectionately known as the Matilda’s, are close to top of the world rankings and are a joy to watch....so much so, that they have gained an enormous following in a land not noted for its particular love of ‘
Socca’
Unfortunately I still encounter people ..usually of a similar age to me...who poo-poo the women’s game,

If you get the chance to watch the Matilda’s in action...who are currently playing in the Asian Championships in the Middle East, have a gander.