PDA

View Full Version : Leanne Talks

IncredibleHibee
09-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Great 18 min video on hibs tv put out today with Leanne on season ticket sales so far.

Talks about a few other things too like reallocation of season tickets if you are an adult in the family section and saying they will NOT be filling in the corners anytime soon!

Worth a watch.

GGTTH

ACLeith
09-04-2018, 09:02 PM
She of course talks the club up but does so in an honest, intelligent and articulate way. You have confidence that there is a thought out realistic plan for moving things forward from where we have reached.

"Lang may her lum reek" at ER
👍👍👍

Devonhibs
09-04-2018, 09:20 PM
I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good? :confused:

Squirrel 1875
09-04-2018, 09:42 PM
I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good? :confused:

Or you could subscribe for like £6 a month and watch it. Good on Hibs TV for producing content worth paying for IMO.

dp00
09-04-2018, 09:52 PM

You can listen to it for free ... sure link on Facebook page

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zlatan
09-04-2018, 09:53 PM

It's on Radio Hibs https://soundcloud.com/user-734633539/season-ticket-update-with-leeann-dempster

Devonhibs
09-04-2018, 10:20 PM
It's on Radio Hibs https://soundcloud.com/user-734633539/season-ticket-update-with-leeann-dempster thanks

Nicho87
10-04-2018, 09:45 AM
Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from south lower.

CentreLine
10-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Excellent interview. Puts across the difficult points in an easily understandable and acceptable way. No cirners getting filled in. People need to move at times from seats they have enjoyed firvsome time. Club has to balance fan comfort with the moving face of fann attendance, finance and Scottish football

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from south lower.

FF lower I presume you mean

CapitalGreen
10-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Interesting to hear she is strongly encouraging adults without kids to move from north lower.

Good to hear her say what most fans are thinking.

DarlingtonHibee
10-04-2018, 09:58 AM
I don't think we will ever fill the corners, doesn't make sense financially. We need to maximise what we have now by filling the ground, which in my eyes is a beautiful stadium.

dangermouse
10-04-2018, 10:14 AM
I don't think we will ever fill the corners, doesn't make sense financially. We need to maximise what we have now by filling the ground, which in my eyes is a beautiful stadium.

Not heard her interview but agree re corners. A category B season ticket is more likely as we only use the full south stand for the old filth and the wall punchers from Gorgie

hibby6270
10-04-2018, 10:28 AM

Makes absolute sense. I took that comment by Leeann as an appeal to those who originally were child seat holders that have now ‘grown up’ and become adults to move to another adult seat in the stadium to make way for new kids to get the chance of a cheap starter season ticket.
I did that myself when kids grew up. From what was originally 4 seats occupied in FF Lower, I now have just the 2 adult seats in West Upper. 2 of my boys, whilst still Hibbys, now live overseas, so 4 seats no longer required.
That said, I suppose when I made that move some 15 years ago, there wasn’t as much clamour for seats in either FF Lower or indeed elsewhere in the stadium. Our situation as a club today is a healthy one but we always need to allow progress and make space available for new younger supporters to attend and become committed supporters of the club in future years.

Islington Hibs
10-04-2018, 10:33 AM
Speaks with quiet, determined authority. Very thoughtful, logical and optimistically honest. In my view she has been the number one factor behind the clubs resurgence and that is to take nothing away from either Lennon or Stubbs.

Sauzee16
10-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Or you could subscribe for like £6 a month and watch it. Good on Hibs TV for producing content worth paying for IMO.

Or you could let the whole support some of who may be undecided about getting a season ticket watch the interview. :agree:

Radium
10-04-2018, 10:46 AM
On YouTube now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5UEDdBsRd8

Sauzee16
10-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Thanks Radium :aok:

MacGruber
10-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Makes absolute sense. I took that comment by Leeann as an appeal to those who originally were child seat holders that have now ‘grown up’ and become adults to move to another adult seat in the stadium to make way for new kids to get the chance of a cheap starter season ticket.
I did that myself when kids grew up. From what was originally 4 seats occupied in FF Lower, I now have just the 2 adult seats in West Upper. 2 of my boys, whilst still Hibbys, now live overseas, so 4 seats no longer required.
That said, I suppose when I made that move some 15 years ago, there wasn’t as much clamour for seats in either FF Lower or indeed elsewhere in the stadium. Our situation as a club today is a healthy one but we always need to allow progress and make space available for new younger supporters to attend and become committed supporters of the club in future years.

I agree. However can understand reluctance to move from a good seat to a poor one if there aren't many available

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2018, 11:44 AM
I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good? :confused:Its only £5.99 per month and beats listening to open all a##eholes

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
10-04-2018, 11:45 AM
I don't understand why this type/subject of update is not on free view which I can fully understand for match highlights. I would have thought as many fans watching her update would be good? :confused:Its only £5.99 per month and beats listening to open all a##eholes anytime mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

madhibee_again
10-04-2018, 12:01 PM
It would be helpful if they could clarify what a family group will be defined as. Myself, Dad, brother and daughter sit in the FF with only my ticket linked to my daughters child ticket. The TO can't tell me if that will be considered a family group - although they seem to be focsuing on the other adults paying full price (which they currently do) rather than whether we'd be allowed to stay. With seats elsewhere at a premium I'd rather we moved now but don't want to move only to find out we didn't have to!

Not going to lie it does irk me having to move having sat there as a family since it was built, particuarly with the lack of decent seats but can see where Hibs are coming from. It's not going to be easy to manage however, particuarly with people already being asked to move from Section 50.

Just Alf
10-04-2018, 12:13 PM
It would be helpful if they could clarify what a family group will be defined as. Myself, Dad, brother and daughter sit in the FF with only my ticket linked to my daughters child ticket. The TO can't tell me if that will be considered a family group - although they seem to be focsuing on the other adults paying full price (which they currently do) rather than whether we'd be allowed to stay. With seats elsewhere at a premium I'd rather we moved now but don't want to move only to find out we didn't have to!

Not going to lie it does irk me having to move having sat there as a family since it was built, particuarly with the lack of decent seats but can see where Hibs are coming from. It's not going to be easy to manage however, particuarly with people already being asked to move from Section 50.

listening to Leeann she says that a family group is not just "the family", she mentions it could even include neighbours/friends.

I like the bit where she mentions the match day experience in the section getting more child focused, she even mentions the "language" that the kids hear..... hopefully in a way that'll encourage those folks who are genuinely there without children to consider moving?

madhibee_again
10-04-2018, 12:18 PM
listening to Leeann she says that a family group is not just "the family", she mentions it could even include neighbours/friends.

I like the bit where she mentions the match day experience in the section getting more child focused, she even mentions the "language" that the kids hear..... hopefully in a way that'll encourage those folks who are genuinely there without children to consider moving?

Interesting I took that section of the interview the other way, in that they wouldn't be considered a group! Might need to listen to it again - be helpful if it was clarified fully and up front as they are asking people to consider moving now.

Just Alf
10-04-2018, 12:24 PM
Interesting I took that section of the interview the other way, in that they wouldn't be considered a group! Might need to listen to it again - be helpful if it was clarified fully and up front as they are asking people to consider moving now.

ha ha! ..... I'll need to go back and listen as well!

And agreed, it does need clarified. :agree:

hibby6270
10-04-2018, 12:29 PM
I agree. However can understand reluctance to move from a good seat to a poor one if there aren't many available

Yeah. Absolutely get it for that reason. It’s a polite request at the moment. Appealing to the good nature of fans. However, she did mention that (mandatory?) reallocation might have to be considered. Not ideal for those affected. Let’s hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion that suits all parties.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
10-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Hopefully, they will make it so child focused that any sane adult without wee ones will move anyway, thus solving the problem.

I think it is important to hibs future as a club, that there is a good numbet of spaces for the next generation of fans.

Personally, im dreading what will happen when my wee one gets to fitba going age, as i dont want to give up my seat bang in the middle of the east, but we all have to make sacrifices for the good of the club!

MagicSwirlingShip
10-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Good on Leanne for picking up on the issues of the day and getting the clubs take on them out there asap.

Hopefully the message gets out and we can fill that family section with new young Hibees.

Maz
10-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Hopefully, they will make it so child focused that any sane adult without wee ones will move anyway, thus solving the problem.

I think it is important to hibs future as a club, that there is a good numbet of spaces for the next generation of fans.

Personally, im dreading what will happen when my wee one gets to fitba going age, as i dont want to give up my seat bang in the middle of the east, but we all have to make sacrifices for the good of the club!

Well I’m a sane adult and if Hibs can find me a half decent seat then I’ll happily move. Already forced to move regarding the lift issue and I can assure you there are no decent seats available in the West Stand, Upper or Lower, quite the contrary. The East wasn’t an option at that time for us to move to but would be now so will need to see what’s available there, although according to their ST correspondence, all the best seats are already taken !! Hardly fills you with confidence to find a new seat. It’s a tough one for them and I don’t know what they’re going to do about it. By the way, it was Hibs who offered us the seats in the FF lower at the start of the season.

IncredibleHibee
10-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Well I’m a sane adult and if Hibs can find me a half decent seat then I’ll happily move. Already forced to move regarding the lift issue and I can assure you there are no decent seats available in the West Stand, Upper or Lower, quite the contrary. The East wasn’t an option at that time for us to move to but would be now so will need to see what’s available there, although according to their ST correspondence, all the best seats are already taken !! Hardly fills you with confidence to find a new seat. It’s a tough one for them and I don’t know what they’re going to do about it. By the way, it was Hibs who offered us the seats in the FF lower at the start of the season.

Well by the sounds of things if push comes to shove hibs will be pushing and shoving you into a new seat. Best jump before you are pushed

Ozyhibby
10-04-2018, 03:32 PM
I’m confused as to why an adult without kids would want to sit in a family section?

Steven79
10-04-2018, 03:35 PM
I’m confused as to why an adult without kids would want to sit in a family section?

They like being behind the goals and it's cheaper in that section?

Aim Here
10-04-2018, 03:36 PM

June 1st all the reserved seats for non-renewed season tickets will become available, so that would probably be the best time to try to find a good seat to move to.

Maz
10-04-2018, 03:50 PM
They like being behind the goals and it's cheaper in that section?

Nothing to do with the cost. At the time my late Mum wouldn’t have managed to climb many stairs therefore when it was apparent that the lift would no longer be in use we had to move somewhere accessible to her. As previously stated there was nothing suitable in the West Upper or Lower so Hibs gave us the seats in the FF Lower as we were desperate to get somewhere suitable. As it stands my poor Mum never made it back to Easter Road and our previous seats in FF Upper had already gone. For the record we wanted to keep our seats in the FF Upper and try and relocate on days when Mum would make the match but Hibs talked us out of that and we reluctantly gave up our seats. So there’s the reason why someone without kids has seats in FF Lower.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2018, 04:06 PM
It's a family stand that has had the rules liberally used over the years, we need to be more strict with these rules now, its that simple.

Nobody consulted me when i had to move from behind that goal, no phone calls or emails for me. :greengrin

When i left primary school when i grew out of it, guess what, i had to move to a completely different school. Nobody is being asked to watch a different team here.

Its just a different bloody view, you will still get to see Hibs, and they are what actually matters and what we are all doing at Easter Road is to see them, not a seat.

Maz
10-04-2018, 04:13 PM
It's a family stand that has had the rules liberally used over the years, we need to be more strict with these rules now, its that simple.

Nobody consulted me when i had to move from behind that goal, no phone calls or emails for me. :greengrin

When i left primary school when i grew out of it, guess what, i had to move to a completely different school. Nobody is being asked to watch a different team here.

Its just a different bloody view, you will still get to see Hibs, and they are what actually matters and what we are all doing at Easter Road is to see them, not a seat.

It does actually help when you can see all of the pitch. Some of the seats on offer have a restricted view and you can’t actually see all of the action. However, if you have a good seat, and since it’s only a bloody view, I’m sure you’d happily give up your view for a crap one so that someone forced to move can have your seat!!!

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2018, 04:22 PM
It does actually help when you can see all of the pitch. Some of the seats on offer have a restricted view and you can’t actually see all of the action. However, if you have a good seat, and since it’s only a bloody view, I’m sure you’d happily give up your view for a crap one so that someone forced to move can have your seat!!!

We are up in AA in east up in the gods, had them in the west up on the last seats right on the 18 yard line and i've sat on the front row of the east too, and on the last seat against the corrigated iron FF end of the west where you are actually a little behind the goal line. All seats are great views.

Its tough having to move, but thats the breaks of sitting in the family section. Once you move, you might not get where you want, but you will still get to see Hibs.

Then next season, sorry the season after, you will have the chance again to try and get something better, and you will still get to see Hibs.

I bet you if there is someone without a ticket for a cup final, and its right at the back of the east stand where binoculars are needed, it would be snapped up.

Everyone who wants to see Hibs will get a good view, perhaps not their preferred view, but nonetheless a good view.

The family section is fundemental in getting the next generation of fans through the door, its for families not folk who just fancy sitting in there.

Maz
10-04-2018, 04:48 PM
We are up in AA in east up in the gods, had them in the west up on the last seats right on the 18 yard line and i've sat on the front row of the east too, and on the last seat against the corrigated iron FF end of the west where you are actually a little behind the goal line. All seats are great views.

Its tough having to move, but thats the breaks of sitting in the family section. Once you move, you might not get where you want, but you will still get to see Hibs.

Then next season, sorry the season after, you will have the chance again to try and get something better, and you will still get to see Hibs.

I bet you if there is someone without a ticket for a cup final, and its right at the back of the east stand where binoculars are needed, it would be snapped up.

Everyone who wants to see Hibs will get a good view, perhaps not their preferred view, but nonetheless a good view.

The family section is fundemental in getting the next generation of fans through the door, its for families not folk who just fancy sitting in there.

If you read my previous reply then you would see that Hibs gave us the seats in the FF Lower to accommodate my 90 year old Mum who wouldn’t manage too many stairs after the lift was put out of action. I get that it’s a ‘Family Stand’ but it was the only place there were seats suitable for my late Mum. Maybe you’re happy to sit in a seat with a restricted view of the goal line but I’m not. I’m sure there are plenty more like me as I see lots of folks in FF Lower with no kids with them so where Hibs are going to put everyone is anybody’s guess.

blackpoolhibs
10-04-2018, 04:55 PM
If you read my previous reply then you would see that Hibs gave us the seats in the FF Lower to accommodate my 90 year old Mum who wouldn’t manage too many stairs after the lift was put out of action. I get that it’s a ‘Family Stand’ but it was the only place there were seats suitable for my late Mum. Maybe you’re happy to sit in a seat with a restricted view of the goal line but I’m not. I’m sure there are plenty more like me as I see lots of folks in FF Lower with no kids with them so where Hibs are going to put everyone is anybody’s guess.

I did read what you said about your mum, i'm pretty sure there are seats in the east and west available where there is very few if any steps to them apart from in the stand itself.

As i said originally, the rules were pretty laxed over the years, now they need to be adhered to more strictly.

Them's the breaks, it seems harsh but the next generation of fans need to sit in the family stand, not those who just like to sit there.

Lago
10-04-2018, 04:57 PM
Yeah. Absolutely get it for that reason. It’s a polite request at the moment. Appealing to the good nature of fans. However, she did mention that (mandatory?) reallocation might have to be considered. Not ideal for those affected. Let’s hope it comes to a satisfactory conclusion that suits all parties.
Yip think there will be increasing pressure on adults without children to move to other ares of the stadium. As you say polite just now but I think it will be a demand over the next season or two.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Yip think there will be increasing pressure on adults without children to move to other ares of the stadium. As you say polite just now but I think it will be a demand over the next season or two.

Might not go down well on here, but if crowds continue to boom at Easter Rd, maybe the long term solution to the family stand, is to move it to the South Lower, Category B games only
Rangers and Celtic do this

Any thoughts from anyone in theFF family section?

MagicSwirlingShip
10-04-2018, 05:24 PM

My thoughts exactly

Onceinawhile
10-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Might not go down well on here, but if crowds continue to boom at Easter Rd, maybe the long term solution to the family stand, is to move it to the South Lower, Category B games only
Rangers and Celtic do this

Any thoughts from anyone in theFF family section?

My thought would be why should I and my kids who go to every home game miss out against rangers hearts and Celtic?

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 05:41 PM
My thought would be why should I and my kids who go to every home game miss out against rangers hearts and Celtic?

You wouldn’t, you would get priority to be relocated to another stand for these games, before Hibs put them on sale to the general public

Hearts do this with season ticket holders in the Roseburn stand

Steven79
10-04-2018, 05:48 PM
You wouldn’t, you would get priority to be relocated to another stand for these games, before Hibs put them on sale to the general public

Difference is Hearts have much more space free than Hibs. :wink:

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Difference is Hearts have much more space free than Hibs. :wink:
They have now

How many do we have within our “family” section?

Ozyhibby
10-04-2018, 05:51 PM
Family section is very important to Hibs. I doubt it will be moving.

Speedway
10-04-2018, 06:20 PM
So if I understand:

- LD expected us to be top six but fighting for Euro places is ahead of expectation

- Club ambition for next 2-5 years is regular euro qualification(which means Top 3 finishes or cup wins or both)

- Then club is targeting being able to compete in Europe rather than just qualify

- Recuitment will start around return to pre season training this summer but list is known and extending contracts is priority followed by NL wish list followed by gambling on trialists. Earlybird sales very helpful in planning the budget for this.

- No corners being filled in for the foreseeable but there’s new Astro installed at EM this month.

Is that about right?

DarlingtonHibee
10-04-2018, 06:35 PM
No corners is the correct decision imo. Earlier post suggested cat b season ticket. Leeann is a bit like Neil, let's enjoy them while we can.

Sauzee16
10-04-2018, 06:37 PM
When did adults get to sit on their own in the family stand? I went there it has to be with an adult and other way about?

BSEJVT
10-04-2018, 06:37 PM
There is no doubt that it should be a family stand and by family I mean that at least one person in the group should be under the age of 18

But after that it gets complicated

Does Gran or Grandad get to sit with parent & child? IMO it would be a great pity if they didn't.

What about Uncle Joe & Auntie Ann?

What about Willie next door who originally took the bairns dad to the game when granddad wasn't interested?

That's before you get onto second and third families

How do you police it, less folk are married now than not so how do you prove your entitlement to attend with wee Frank.

Hibs wont and never should go down that road.

I wouldn't like to be the one sorting it out.

I think Adult prices in the FF are cheaper? That to me should be the first thing to get changed. They should be the same as adult prices elsewhere as that removes one reason for those that don't need to be there to be there.

Keep the bairns prices static or even reduce them so that the family don't pay more, my proposal isn't about increasing revenue.

Last resort should be differential and discriminatory pricing for 2nd & subsequent adults in family groups as we simply must have a throughput of young supporters (as opposed to young fans)

Much harder but appeal to those groups in the other stands who know they have the odd random seat interspersed amongst them to move together and create pockets of 2 and 3 's to make moving more attractive that way

Finally incentivise those who need to move to do so in some significant way

Good problem to have, but a PR nightmare in the offing

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Great to get clarification on stadium plans. Much as we’d all love it, filling in the corners at this stage isn’t what we need, although some hot water in the toilets wouldn’t go amiss?

All the money has to go on getting the best players, the rest will follow after that

MagicSwirlingShip
10-04-2018, 07:36 PM
So if I understand:

- LD expected us to be top six but fighting for Euro places is ahead of expectation

- Club ambition for next 2-5 years is regular euro qualification(which means Top 3 finishes or cup wins or both)

- Then club is targeting being able to compete in Europe rather than just qualify

- Recuitment will start around return to pre season training this summer but list is known and extending contracts is priority followed by NL wish list followed by gambling on trialists. Earlybird sales very helpful in planning the budget for this.

- No corners being filled in for the foreseeable but there’s new Astro installed at EM this month.

Is that about right?

She also mentioned a partnership with the local community whereby they get more access to the facilities & pitches at East Mains. Is this a reference to the indoor pitch maybe?

Renfrew_Hibby
10-04-2018, 08:00 PM
She also mentioned a partnership with the local community whereby they get more access to the facilities & pitches at East Mains. Is this a reference to the indoor pitch maybe?

I'm sure the club could qualify for various grants and allowances by opening up any new indoor facility to the public.

If we aren't going to fill in a corner or two, I would like to see a refurb of the existing stands. The seats behind the goals for example are coming up for 25 years now. They look tired and faded. It would be nice if we could install top quality modern seats like the new stand at Liverpool in a nice vivid emerald green colour.
If you look at the impact new seating has had on the appearance of say Sevilla's ground for example then it would enhance an already top class ground.

Just Alf
10-04-2018, 09:21 PM
There is no doubt that it should be a family stand and by family I mean that at least one person in the group should be under the age of 18

But after that it gets complicated

Does Gran or Grandad get to sit with parent & child? IMO it would be a great pity if they didn't.

What about Uncle Joe & Auntie Ann?

What about Willie next door who originally took the bairns dad to the game when granddad wasn't interested?

That's before you get onto second and third families

How do you police it, less folk are married now than not so how do you prove your entitlement to attend with wee Frank.

Hibs wont and never should go down that road.

I wouldn't like to be the one sorting it out.

I think Adult prices in the FF are cheaper? That to me should be the first thing to get changed. They should be the same as adult prices elsewhere as that removes one reason for those that don't need to be there to be there.

Keep the bairns prices static or even reduce them so that the family don't pay more, my proposal isn't about increasing revenue.

Last resort should be differential and discriminatory pricing for 2nd & subsequent adults in family groups as we simply must have a throughput of young supporters (as opposed to young fans)

Much harder but appeal to those groups in the other stands who know they have the odd random seat interspersed amongst them to move together and create pockets of 2 and 3 's to make moving more attractive that way

Finally incentivise those who need to move to do so in some significant way

Good problem to have, but a PR nightmare in the offing

Good post

Re the Adult ticket pricing, I'd actually put the adult price up dearer than everywhere else UNLESS it was linked in the system to a Child's ticket. .... question then is how that could be policed, someone could just go buy a kids ticket as well :confused:

Ozyhibby
10-04-2018, 10:54 PM
I'm sure the club could qualify for various grants and allowances by opening up any new indoor facility to the public.

If we aren't going to fill in a corner or two, I would like to see a refurb of the existing stands. The seats behind the goals for example are coming up for 25 years now. They look tired and faded. It would be nice if we could install top quality modern seats like the new stand at Liverpool in a nice vivid emerald green colour.
If you look at the impact new seating has had on the appearance of say Sevilla's ground for example then it would enhance an already top class ground.

I’d rather just get better players.

blackpoolhibs
11-04-2018, 06:31 AM
I’d rather just get better players.

Exactly, there's nothing wrong with the current seats. We've gone through the years of building the infrastructure, we don't need anything else for the moment at Easter road except better players.

Lets start selling the ground out every week for a season or two, before we start looking at anymore building work.

Curried
11-04-2018, 06:40 AM
Family section is very important to Hibs. I doubt it will be moving.

Maybe being a wee bit pedantic here or having a senior moment, but I have a vague recollection of the family section being previously located in the West enclosure at the foot of the slope.

green&left
11-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Great 18 min video on hibs tv put out today with Leanne on season ticket sales so far.

Talks about a few other things too like reallocation of season tickets if you are an adult in the family section and saying they will NOT be filling in the corners anytime soon!

Worth a watch.

GGTTH

Pity about the corners, looks great filled in (Shamelessly stolen from social media :greengrin )

https://i.imgur.com/mJ49MLJ.jpg

:greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 07:49 AM
Pity about the corners, looks great filled in (Shamelessly stolen from social media :greengrin )

And they’re made the East 2 tier as well

Onceinawhile
11-04-2018, 09:44 AM

But I wouldn't want to take two young boys into the east, which only really leaves the west, and what's the chances of getting three seats together?

Minimal.

Stuart93
11-04-2018, 09:53 AM
But I wouldn't want to take two young boys into the east, which only really leaves the west, and what's the chances of getting three seats together?

Minimal.

Why wouldn't you want to take two young boys into the east? Changed days from the cowshed.

lord bunberry
11-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Why wouldn't you want to take two young boys into the east? Changed days from the cowshed.
:agree: The language is no worse in the East. My daughters first season ticket was in the FF, but we left after a season as the language was shocking for a supposedly family stand. It does appear they’re trying to change that though.

Diclonius
11-04-2018, 10:23 AM
We'll only fill in the corners if we maintain attendances as they are for at least 10 years, I reckon. Remember how quickly we fell from ~15k (2007/08) to ~10k (2010-11)?

BSEJVT
11-04-2018, 10:37 AM
I think that anyone who takes their children to the match expecting not to hear bad language will be disappointed.

I am not for a second saying that that is as it should be, more how it is.

I doubt many folk in the vicinity of children set out to use bad language in front of them, but probably the thing about football that grabs folk most about it is the raw passion and sadly (and I am far from proud about this, more ashamed) it brings out bad language in me.

Especially towards referees and Hears players, but not to Hibs players or officials, I cant explain why I am that way, but it is out before I can help it and I regret it immediately.

That's not who I am in everyday life, but football whether playing or spectating has always brought out the angry / verbally aggressive side of me.

lord bunberry
11-04-2018, 10:45 AM
I think that anyone who takes their children to the match expecting not to hear bad language will be disappointed.

I doubt many folk in the vicinity of children set out to use bad language in front of them, but probably the thing about football that grabs folk most about it is the raw passion and sadly (and I am far from proud about this, more ashamed) it brings out bad language in me.

Especially towards referees and Hears players, but not to Hibs players or officials, I cant explain why I am that way, but it is out before I can help it and I regret it immediately.

That's not who I am in everyday life, but football whether playing or spectating has always brought out the angry / verbally aggressive side of me.
People swearing at the football isn’t something that bothers me when I take my daughter, but if you’re going to have a family stand, then people should be prepared to not swear. As I said earlier we were sitting in the FF lower a few seasons ago. There was absolutely nothing family about it (other than the reduced ticket price) so I moved as I didn’t like the view from behind the goal.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 10:49 AM
People swearing at the football isn’t something that bothers me when I take my daughter, but if you’re going to have a family stand, then people should be prepared to not swear. As I said earlier we were sitting in the FF lower a few seasons ago. There was absolutely nothing family about it (other than the reduced ticket price) so I moved as I didn’t like the view from behind the goal.

It seems bizarre for the singing section to be slightly about it though!
I love the singing section, but quite a few of the songs have naughty words in them, and the kids must hear them

Hibbyradge
11-04-2018, 10:55 AM

I agree.

And that's exactly the pragmatic approach the police are taking in regards to the possibility of increased violence at the Rantic league game.

lord bunberry
11-04-2018, 10:56 AM
I love the singing section, but quite a few of the songs have naughty words in them, and the kids must hear them
It probably leads to awkward questions to parents :greengrin.

Billy Whizz
11-04-2018, 11:02 AM
It probably leads to awkward questions to parents :greengrin.

I have to change the words
The warburton song I changed to “barmy”

And mind the gap, is Jambo Roasters😂

BSEJVT
11-04-2018, 11:11 AM
I agree.

And that's exactly the pragmatic approach the police are taking in regards to the possibility of increased violence at the Rantic league game.

Naughty naughty

There is a huge difference between banjoing someone and inadvertently letting slip the odd swear word over 90 minutes

FWIW I don't sit in the FF stand

I accept fully that it would be better if it didn't happen and have admitted to being disappointed in myself that it does.

Are you telling me you have never ever sworn in the presence of children at the football or otherwise, because if you are I frankly don't believe you Dave.

NAE NOOKIE
11-04-2018, 11:53 AM

I think the vast majority of folk in the FF head to their seats with the best intentions, but its the fitba and even the most sedate of us are prone to getting carried away at certain times .... a loud apology usually does the trick :greengrin

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a persistent offender pulled up by the folk around them and rightly so , but as I've said many times before if folk buy a ticket for the family stand and seriously expect that their kids will never hear any foul language during a season of football they are the sort of folk who buy a Euromillions ticket and expect to win the jackpot :dunno:

Onceinawhile
11-04-2018, 11:54 AM

:agree: The language is no worse in the East. My daughters first season ticket was in the FF, but we left after a season as the language was shocking for a supposedly family stand. It does appear they’re trying to change that though.

I wouldn't want to take them into the east, as I'm well aware of how people often celebrate goals and can often end up 2-3 rows from where they started. That's fine for me who can easily withstand getting a large dunt from behind, but not for an 8 or 5 year old.

As for the language, I can't say I'm bothered, they hear plenty swearing in other places.

Stuart93
11-04-2018, 12:49 PM
I wouldn't want to take them into the east, as I'm well aware of how people often celebrate goals and can often end up 2-3 rows from where they started. That's fine for me who can easily withstand getting a large dunt from behind, but not for an 8 or 5 year old.

As for the language, I can't say I'm bothered, they hear plenty swearing in other places.

Would that not be the same case in any stand as oppose to just the east?

lord bunberry
11-04-2018, 01:43 PM
I think the vast majority of folk in the FF head to their seats with the best intentions, but its the fitba and even the most sedate of us are prone to getting carried away at certain times .... a loud apology usually does the trick :greengrin

It wouldn't be the first time I've seen a persistent offender pulled up by the folk around them and rightly so , but as I've said many times before if folk buy a ticket for the family stand and seriously expect that their kids will never hear any foul language during a season of football they are the sort of folk who buy a Euromillions ticket and expect to win the jackpot :dunno:
I agree I doubt there’s many people who can say they’ve never swore at the football. My point was more around the fact that the family section doesn’t have a family atmosphere anymore than any off the other stands. That’s down to so many people sitting there who never attend with children.

lord bunberry
11-04-2018, 02:14 PM

The East is fine for kids. I don’t take my daughter to the games against hearts or old firm though.

Onceinawhile
12-04-2018, 10:52 AM
The East is fine for kids. I don’t take my daughter to the games against hearts or old firm though.

Which is what I'm saying I don't want to do - take them in the east for the Category A games.

Out of interest, why don't you take them to OF / Hearts games?

Onceinawhile
12-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Would that not be the same case in any stand as oppose to just the east?

I don't think it is, no.

NAE NOOKIE
13-04-2018, 01:25 AM

It will happen one day. Leeann's reaction to the question was based on our current situation, we are not as yet in the position where upping the stadium's capacity would be required as a reaction to a consistent upturn in crowds over a period of years. But in the next 5 to 10 years if we can keep our momentum going and / or we are participants in a set up in a UK or European context where we have more frequent attractive fixtures, then it is something the club will have to address.

Apart from that IMO its is desirable to eventually tie all the stands together anyway from an aesthetic point of view and to improve the atmosphere, which it would surely do ..... Be it to up the capacity or just make the stadium more impressive to look at and spectate in development of Easter Road should always be on the table, no matter how long it may take for it to eventually happen.

Brizo
13-04-2018, 06:20 AM
I agree I doubt there’s many people who can say they’ve never swore at the football. My point was more around the fact that the family section doesn’t have a family atmosphere anymore than any off the other stands. That’s down to so many people sitting there who never attend with children.

When it first opened it was families with young kids all of a similar age and it definitely had a family atmosphere. There were even a couple of club "blazers" about to keep an eye on things.

Over the years as kids got older and also as some guys kept sitting there after their kids had stopped going, the atmosphere definitely changed. That's understandable but probably wasn't very good for parents bringing the next generation of young kids along.

In our later seasons we unfortunately sat beside some real pond life and I was glad to move stands once my family outgrew the FF.

I agree that if the clubs going to market it as a family section it needs to be family friendly. Not been in it for years but having prominent signage to remind people its a family stand and to watch language plus "blazers" to have a quiet word if necessary , might be a plan.

jakedance
13-04-2018, 06:40 AM
I’d have a zero tolerance attitude to bad language in the family section. One warning then you’re out. Decorate the concourse with cartoons and have someone in making balloon animals or something to drive home the point of where you are. I take my nephew to some games and I never swear in front of him. If you can’t control yourself it’s not the right place for you.

GreenCastle
13-04-2018, 07:29 AM

So true - though thenplus side is more young fans enjoy the atmosphere and sing songs and want to join section over time.

As was mentioned before our singing section is considered cool and many imitate the guy with the drum singing songs around the home etc.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Which is what I'm saying I don't want to do - take them in the east for the Category A games.

Out of interest, why don't you take them to OF / Hearts games?
In the past it was because I felt she was too young for the sort of atmosphere these games can generate. Even in the FF lower it wasn’t very child friendly in these games. She’s only 7 and as she gets older I will start taking her too the bigger games. We’re all in the West next season, so I’ll see what it’s like there.

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 07:56 AM
When it first opened it was families with young kids all of a similar age and it definitely had a family atmosphere. There were even a couple of club "blazers" about to keep an eye on things.

Over the years as kids got older and also as some guys kept sitting there after their kids had stopped going, the atmosphere definitely changed. That's understandable but probably wasn't very good for parents bringing the next generation of young kids along.

In our later seasons we unfortunately sat beside some real pond life and I was glad to move stands once my family outgrew the FF.

I agree that if the clubs going to market it as a family section it needs to be family friendly. Not been in it for years but having prominent signage to remind people its a family stand and to watch language plus "blazers" to have a quiet word if necessary , might be a plan.
That’s the way I would go as well. I don’t know why adults would want to sit in there without kids anyway. It’s like Disneyland at times :greengrin

Speedway
13-04-2018, 09:44 AM
Perhaps the club could look into the possibility of a swearing section, perhaps in block F?

lord bunberry
13-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Perhaps the club could look into the possibility of a swearing section, perhaps in block F?
I’ve got a better idea. Make the FF lower a massive crèche where everyone drops off the kids and heads into the other stand for 90 minutes of hardcore swearing.