PDA

View Full Version : Rangers 9 In a Row 20th Anniversary Dinner

Keith_M
08-04-2018, 06:20 PM
“It was ridiculous – 880 people in dinner suits chanting sectarian songs. I’m not Catholic but they shouldn’t be allowed to sing anti-Catholic songs. Some of the staff felt very uncomfortable, including an Irish member of staff who was very worried.”

The Herald (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16144683.Rangers_supporters_slammed_over_alleged__ sectarian__singing_and_assault/)

Shockeroony!

Onion
08-04-2018, 06:28 PM
“It was ridiculous – 880 people in dinner suits chanting sectarian songs. I’m not Catholic but they shouldn’t be allowed to sing anti-Catholic songs. Some of the staff felt very uncomfortable, including an Irish member of staff who was very worried.”

The Herald (http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16144683.Rangers_supporters_slammed_over_alleged__ sectarian__singing_and_assault/)

Shockeroony!

I'm no Sherlock but 2 things I could have predicted better than any of the Glasgow Police is :

1. Hibs fans will invade the pitch if they win the Scottish Cup.. and
2. 880 black-tied bigots will sing anti-catholic songs when they gather to celebrate the dead Huns 9IAR.

Shockeroony, they fail in their duty to manage both.

poolman
08-04-2018, 06:29 PM

Shockeroony!

Only thing that surprises me is that 880 Huns had Dinner Suits on :confused:

Sir David Gray
08-04-2018, 06:46 PM
This would have been more newsworthy if they hadn't behaved like that.

SouthMoroccoStu
08-04-2018, 06:47 PM

Or that they had £70 each.

I hope Police Scotland investigate this with the same enthusiasm and vigour that they persued the hibs fans that went on to the pitch at Hampden

Or.... sweep sweep sweep. Nothing to see here

Pete
08-04-2018, 06:51 PM

I hope Police Scotland investigate this with the same enthusiasm and vigour that they persued the hibs fans that went on to the pitch at Hampden

Or.... sweep sweep sweep. Nothing to see here

The latter probably.

If this involved racism, anti-semitism or sexism it would be national news and there would be calls for this vehicle called Rangers to be shut down.

Instead we get a collective “ach well”. Scotland’s shame and elephant in the room.

lord bunberry
08-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Sadly you’re spot on

WoreTheGreen
08-04-2018, 06:57 PM
How many refs and there wee Baldy assistants were there

Deansy
08-04-2018, 06:58 PM

Ah, but they got their 'Dinner Suits' from Sports Direct -

Pretty Boy
08-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Sectarianism is as good as our national pastime. It's a sad reflection of our society that I'm almost wondering why this is even news.

JimBHibees
08-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Sectarianism is as good as our national pastime. It's a sad reflection of our society that I'm almost wondering why this is even news.

Absolutely shameful.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 07:18 PM
That will be the Sunday Herald banned from Ibrox as well now

GreenLake
08-04-2018, 07:22 PM

Shockeroony!

That would have brought a bit of upside to Slaters shares.

SouthsideHarp_Bhoy
08-04-2018, 07:30 PM
The latter probably.

If this involved racism, anti-semitism or sexism it would be national news and there would be calls for this vehicle called Rangers to be shut down.

Instead we get a collective “ach well”. Scotland’s shame and elephant in the room.

Totally agree - the idea that, in England for example, a dinnet of one of the top fitba clubs could act in such a way singing racist or anti-muslim songs is nonsense - the FA, police, sponsors etc would come down on them like a ton of brixks.

How the huns still get away with this is a shame on our police and our politicians, not to mention our football authorities.

08-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Some of them are bound to have filmed it and there's probably one or two of them daft enough to post it on social media.

Pretty Boy
08-04-2018, 08:07 PM
Some of them are bound to have filmed it and there's probably one or two of them daft enough to post it on social media.

Footage here:

https://youtu.be/2EQCpQbUrzI

The Spaceman
08-04-2018, 08:09 PM
Classy.

brog
08-04-2018, 08:12 PM
And to think they complained about the infamous scene in T2. Life imitating art indeed.

Baldy Foghorn
08-04-2018, 08:14 PM
But their club see nothing wrong with this behaviour, the football authorities won't acknowledge it, and the Police and Government couldn't care less

Bostonhibby
08-04-2018, 08:14 PM
Police Glasgow will have no problem getting witnesses when it comes to tracking down the perpetrators here, what with half the audience being plod and journalists.

Got to wonder how many might have attended if the original club still existed.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
08-04-2018, 08:23 PM
Footage here:

https://youtu.be/2EQCpQbUrzI

First time I've seen that. Very, very funny.

Sad thing is you just know this will have become an actual song they sing when they think its private and safe to do so.

hibbydog
08-04-2018, 08:30 PM
Disgusting, bigoted, uneducated losers

SirDavidsNapper
08-04-2018, 08:35 PM
Take 9 in a row off them and ban them from Europe 😉

Pretty Boy
08-04-2018, 08:38 PM
I take it Murdo Fraser is demanding a full enquiry and sanctions? Someone should tweet him the story, I’d hate to think he could miss it.

jgl07
08-04-2018, 09:22 PM

I hope Police Scotland investigate this with the same enthusiasm and vigour that they persued the hibs fans that went on to the pitch at Hampden.
Unlikely as 25% of the assembled bigots would be retired or serving officers.

08-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Imagine how raging these 880 cretins would be as we streamed onto the pitch after SDGs header. Hahaha

givescotlandfreedom
08-04-2018, 09:52 PM
I take it Murdo Fraser is demanding a full enquiry and sanctions? Someone should tweet him the story, I’d hate to think he could miss it.

Let's see what he says

angus hibby
08-04-2018, 09:55 PM
The latter probably.

Exactly this. How Scotland continually turns a blind eye to this is shameful and embarrassing.

Eyrie
08-04-2018, 10:30 PM

Miss it? He was probably there.

Colr
08-04-2018, 11:03 PM
Unlikely as 25% of the assembled bigots would be retired or serving officers.

Someone should be able to get hold of the guest list.

I wonder how many other “officials” where there.

It should get similar scrutiny to the coverage of the Presidents Club scandal.

Name and shame those who attended.

Carheenlea
08-04-2018, 11:57 PM
It might provide BBC Scotland’s flagship Hogmanay show “Only an Excuse?” some hilarious material for a couple of sketches on this years show if nothing else.

Nevi_SOL
09-04-2018, 02:26 AM
Imagine how raging these 880 cretins would be as we streamed onto the pitch after SDGs header. Hahaha
:greengrinhttp://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/taunt%20smiley.gif:greengrin

JimBHibees
09-04-2018, 07:01 AM
I have no doubt the Reporting Scotland news team will be all over this in the same way they are with nhs waiting times. :rolleyes:

easty
09-04-2018, 07:19 AM
The article says there’s been no complaints about the singing...so unless there’s video of it kicking about...can the police actually do anything (whether they were interested in taking action in the first place, or not)?

hibbydog
09-04-2018, 08:06 AM
I feel the need to comment on this again as it’s making my blood boil.

Uneducated, disgraceful, despicable bigoted morons.

The tacet acceptance of this by the authorities makes me even angrier. This, and their regular singing of similar stuff at matches, which also goes unpunished, is really depressing.

I feel it would also be prudent to point out the following:

Hibernian 3 - 2 The Rangers

Dancer !!!!

One Day
09-04-2018, 08:28 AM

Yes its hardly a surprise.

jgl07
09-04-2018, 08:32 AM
It might provide BBC Scotland’s flagship Hogmanay show “Only an Excuse?” some hilarious material for a couple of sketches on this years show if nothing else.

No they will continue with lame sketches featuring Macca.

Did the event have Donald Findlay QC doing the Karaoke?

HIBERNIAN-0762
09-04-2018, 08:34 AM
A permanent stain on Scottish football.

Nothing will be done about it sadly.

Geo_1875
09-04-2018, 08:45 AM
A permanent stain on Scottish football.

Nothing will be done about it sadly.

Not just a stain on Scottish football but the entire country.

This is not just a bit of sectarian banter at a football club do.

These people are not 90 minute bigots.

This is how these people live their lives, both personal and professional.

Smartie
09-04-2018, 09:06 AM

Aw naw.

Bostonhibby
09-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Right Senga it's the big dinner tonight.

Masonic ring - check

Garters - check

Loyal blue socks and matching pants set - check

Warrant card - check

Temporary tattoo of camp guy on a horse as I don't want to be the only one without one like last time - check

Words to the songs written inside shirt sleeves - check

Absolute roasters, why does a supposedly modern forward looking country allow it?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

WeeRussell
09-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Footage or no footage, nothing will happen.

There's footage of this every time Rangers are on the TV. Same s*** from them every Saturday in the stands and in the pubs. Only difference is they had suits on and were intimidating catering staff this time.

Utter ****. Nothing has been done for decades, so I don't expect it to happen now.

One Day Soon
09-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Aw naw.

:greengrin

Colr
09-04-2018, 11:35 AM
I remember a few decades back there being an (minor) uproar about the orange lodges in Glasgow holding a beauty pagent.

No problem with the anti-catholic and racist aspects of the lodge, of course. The complaint was that such an event was sexist!!!

You can imagine the questions to the contestants:

So Senga, what are your ambitions in Life?

Well, Billy. I want to see an end to hunger, world peace and I want to see the back of those ******g catholics!!

Stewboy
09-04-2018, 11:45 AM
How the huns still get away with this is a shame on our police and our politicians, not to mention our football authorities.

Somebody had to orchestra it on the night!

Seveno
09-04-2018, 12:04 PM

Joking aside, religious bigotry is rife in all levels of society in the West.

Colr
09-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Joking aside, religious bigotry is rife in all levels of society in the West.

9 years working there convinced me of that.

IGRIGI
09-04-2018, 12:15 PM
Politicians won't do a thing as they are **** scared of losing / not winning the follow follow loyal vote.

snedzuk
09-04-2018, 03:13 PM

standard dress for court appearances