PDA

View Full Version : Ali Crawford

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Lennon just said on BT sport that we’d had a good look at him. When pressed, he didn’t say no to signing him
Could be our 1st signing in the new window

Heisenberg
08-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Lennon just said on BT sport that we’d had a good look at him. When pressed, he didn’t say no to signing him

Was once a top prospect but injuries seem to have ruined him this season. Would definitely prefer Allan for that position in midfield but that move all depends on cash.

scuttle
08-04-2018, 11:47 AM
Was once a top prospect but injuries seem to have ruined him this season. Would definitely prefer Allan for that position in midfield but that move all depends on cash.

A replacement for SJM maybe

Baldy Foghorn
08-04-2018, 11:48 AM

Is he any good billy?

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 11:53 AM
Is he any good billy?

Haven’t seen enough of him to make a decision
Remember we haven’t played Hamilton for 3 years, until this season

Heisenberg
08-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Not sure they are the same kind of player. Crawford tends to play as an attacking midfielder. Wee assist for the Hamilton equaliser today for him.

KWJ
08-04-2018, 12:06 PM
Think I'd prefer Allan, Swanson, Henderson and possibly even Templeton over him.

Would like to see more Fraser Murray too.

eastcoasthibby
08-04-2018, 12:12 PM

Not the same.type of player at all and as stated Allan, Swanson both better players currently and I I would love.to see Fraser Murray be given more game.time next season ...McGinn much more powerful than Crawford as well

LancsHibs
08-04-2018, 12:23 PM
Have rated AC when I’ve seen him play, maybe NL looking to offload Slivka who hasn’t had look in recently for whatever reason it doesn’t seem to working out just like his countryman Big Dave! Or sees him in a new midfield if we can’t get Brendon Barker back next season?

SChibs
08-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Slivka has been injured and only just making the squad again

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Slivka has been injured and only just making the squad again

The rumour I heard when we signed him, was he was McGinn’s replacement, not like for like, but as a 1st choice midfielder at Hibs
But he's not been a 1st pick most of the season, when he’s been fit!

Think we’ve jet to see the best of him, but we don’t know if he’s settled in Edinburgh or not

keep the faith
08-04-2018, 12:48 PM
Depends who goes. Allan needs to be the top priority signing. After that Crawford may be an option if others go.

Personally I think we don't need much altering next season if we can use our budget to retain who we have now. The balance and options in our squad are really good.

Centre Hawf
08-04-2018, 12:58 PM
I would definitely be fine with bringing him into the squad, not an out and out winger and more a number 10 as folk have suggested but I think he's quite a versatile player. Allan would be a preferred choice in that role but imo I'd rather have the option of Ali Crawford to go wide or through the middle than Swanson.

BlackSheep
08-04-2018, 01:47 PM
He is free to leave in the summer and I cannot imagine he commands a huge wage so I’d take him... especially if we lose McGinn and/or McGeouch, definitely a prospect.

Ozyhibby
08-04-2018, 02:08 PM
If McGeogh leaves then Kamara at Dundee would be a good option for a replacement. I’d rather have Allan than Crawford. There is no way he can replace mcginn, different types of player.
Might be that he comes in as a squad player.

Liberal Hibby
08-04-2018, 02:53 PM
The rumour I heard when we signed him, was he was McGinn’s replacement, not like for like, but as a 1st choice midfielder at Hibs
But he's not been a 1st pick most of the season, when he’s been fit!

Think we’ve jet to see the best of him, but we don’t know if he’s settled in Edinburgh or not

Surely if he's the replacement for McGinn then he's not going to be no1 while McGinn is here?

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 03:01 PM
If McGeogh leaves then Kamara at Dundee would be a good option for a replacement. I’d rather have Allan than Crawford. There is no way he can replace mcginn, different types of player.
Might be that he comes in as a squad player.

Are we not showing interest in Mulumbu from Killie? Similar type of player to McGinn. Not a long term replacement for him, but is there such a thing as long term in football anyway?

Centre Hawf
08-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Are we not showing interest in Mulumbu from Killie? Similar type of player to McGinn. Not a long term replacement for him, but is there such a thing as long term in football anyway?

I highly doubt Mulumbu will be in Scotland next season, if he is it will be for Sevco most likely.

neil7908
08-04-2018, 07:12 PM
I'd definitely take him, particularly as he's going for nothing in the summer. Surprised how old he is though and suspect he'll be looking for a big contract given he won't have many more chances

S4uzee
08-04-2018, 07:16 PM
He can’t really be regarded as a prospect at 26. Bit strange he’s still at Hamilton and no one has come in for him

Brightside
08-04-2018, 07:22 PM
He can’t really be regarded as a prospect at 26. Bit strange he’s still at Hamilton and no one has come in for him

Rangers went in for him in the last two years. He would be more than a squad player for us. (assuming we dont keep the current 3 in Midfield)

Austinho
08-04-2018, 11:12 PM
We were linked with him last summer after missing out on Luke Berry (I’d post the link, but it’s the Daily Record).

Don’t know much about him other than he’s scored a winner at Parkhead, and also notoriously nutmegged Joey Barton.

Just Jimmy
09-04-2018, 05:31 AM
We were linked with him last summer after missing out on Luke Berry (I’d post the link, but it’s the Daily Record).

Don’t know much about him other than he’s scored a winner at Parkhead, and also notoriously nutmegged Joey Barton.Up here, everyone nut megged Joey Barton.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
09-04-2018, 06:48 AM
I'd definitely take him, particularly as he's going for nothing in the summer. Surprised how old he is though and suspect he'll be looking for a big contract given he won't have many more chances

I don’t know a lot about him but from what I have seen I doubt he’s got a big contract offer coming up. I’m probably in the camp that thinks we could do better, although I’m not going to be up in arms if we do sign him.