PDA

View Full Version : That bam directly behind the goals yesterday.

green with envy
08-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Did anyone else have the pleasure of his rants and the abuse he was dishing out to just about every Hibs player?

This idiot in his 50s or so was a total embarrassment not only to himself the club but also towards his teenage son who ended up leaving his seat to sit elsewhere.

Thankfully other supporters myself included told him to shut the ****** up, this after he was abusing a couple of teenagers in front of him after the young lads told him to behave and support the team.

Have to say this was the worst that i've witnessed in many a year - the bloke was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Albanian Hibs
08-04-2018, 10:49 AM
Yip we were sat behind him. Steward had a word but didn't make a difference.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 10:50 AM
As an aside, heard someone took ill, any update on how they are doing?

green with envy
08-04-2018, 11:01 AM

As was I... He seemed to take on board what the steward was telling him - it only lasted untill the players came out for the second half.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Did anyone else have the pleasure of his rants and the abuse he was dishing out to just about every Hibs player?

This idiot in his 50s or so was a total embarrassment not only to himself the club but also towards his teenage son who ended up leaving his seat to sit elsewhere.

Thankfully other supporters myself included told him to shut the ****** up, this after he was abusing a couple of teenagers in front of him after the young lads told him to behave and support the team.

Have to say this was the worst that i've witnessed in many a year - the bloke was a heart attack waiting to happen.

Try and work out his seat and row number, report him to the club

hibsbollah
08-04-2018, 11:21 AM
I think I know the guy you mean. If it's the same guy he hates Lewis and Marvin in particular :dunno:

Albanian Hibs
08-04-2018, 11:25 AM
I think I know the guy you mean. If it's the same guy he hates Lewis and Marvin in particular :dunno:

And Whittaker was a hun **** too

Centre Hawf
08-04-2018, 11:27 AM
It’s a long trip to just abuse players. You wonder why folk bother.

Baldy Foghorn
08-04-2018, 11:34 AM

Drink and lack of sense?

green with envy
08-04-2018, 11:35 AM

Hanlon seemed to be getting the brunt of it yesterday, anyway.

matty_f
08-04-2018, 11:42 AM

You have to ask what the point in any of that is.

I never really get why fans abuse our own players, let alone travel hours to do it.

green with envy
08-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Drink and lack of sense?

:agree: That indeed seemed to be the combination.

BS44
08-04-2018, 11:54 AM

Was he wearing a white t-shirt? Spoke to a couple of pals of mine at half-time, they had the bad luck to be sitting in front of some random who it seems like it could be the same fella.

AH, think it was you I saw standing at the stairs watching the game, was that you getting a breather from Mr Random?

Lago
08-04-2018, 12:00 PM
It's one of the main reasons that put me off attending matches, I can put up with poor games, bad weather & even having to travel from Kirkcaldy. I gave upup havngi a season ticket in the FF because of the ballons behind me, made it a totally unpleasant experience.

green with envy
08-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Was he wearing a white t-shirt? Spoke to a couple of pals of mine at half-time, they had the bad luck to be sitting in front of some random who it seems like it could be the same fella.

AH, think it was you I saw standing at the stairs watching the game, was that you getting a breather from Mr Random?

That was indeed the very same... The pest was sitting two rows directly in front of me. He thought it was a good idea to be standing at the beginning of the game, but thankfully he got the message and sat down for the duration.

InchHibby
08-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Seem to remember sitting near this guy at a couple of away games, he seems to fit the bill, a complete tosser.

SChibs
08-04-2018, 12:28 PM
I really don't understand why folk shout negative things at the players.

Was a nightmare in the championship when Lewis Stevenson put in a bad cross and folk felt the need to tell him it was a crap cross. The player obviously never meant to hit it badly and they know it's a poor cross so what's telling him it over and over gonna achieve?

heretoday
08-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Bams at matches are traditional. Very old school. i didn't think there were any left.

Green-Hibee-7
08-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Don’t usually like making judgements or pass comment on people without knowing them personally - but for this guy I can make an exception.

For regular away game attendees you’ll know who it is.

You would think he is a Celtic fan rather than Hibs the way he goes on about everyone being a “h*n”. Decorated scarf and t-shirts with lots of Irish memorabilia etc. My first experience of the guy was in the old east against rangers. He was front row, tri colour in hand focussed on the rangers end blessing himself every 5 mins. I’m proud of Hibs Irish routes, my family links as well - but don’t feel the need to plaster it for the world to see and give myself a heart attack in the process making sure everyone knows it.

The funniest thing about the whole event yesterday was the way he wouldn’t drop the argument and how more mature the younger laddies in front dealt with it. An angry angry man. Who needs to grow up. Heard a lot of people shout him down though so kudos for that!

Hermit Crab
08-04-2018, 07:24 PM
A guy yesterday screamed at Fox the whole second half including calling him a child molester amongst other unsavoury things... Horrendous stuff. :rolleyes:

andybev1
08-04-2018, 07:37 PM
I feel sorry for the guys son if he felt the need to leave him - just wonder why he would travel with him in the first place if he knows what he is like.

poolman
08-04-2018, 07:46 PM
You have to ask what the point in any of that is.

I never really get why fans abuse our own players, let alone travel hours to do it.

It really beggars the question Why?

To travel up all the way there to abuse your supposed " Team " and spend the whole game slagging the team and just embarrass yourself and your family :confused:

I wonder what this guy was like the season we got relegated :greengrin

Pete
08-04-2018, 08:02 PM
I remember during the dark days there was this moaner who sat a few rows in front of us. Liam Craig and Lewis were his go-to targets and he didn’t seem to care if there were kids around him when he used bad language.

Half the time he never even cheered when we scored. He used to sit there shaking his head as if to say “why did it take you so long” or “we should never be in this position anyway”. 😂

WestCoastHibby
08-04-2018, 08:25 PM
Sounds like the guys lift doesnt go to the top floor. I.e he appears to have mental issues.
Finances aside, one of the reasons ive shyed away from being a season ticket holder is the fear of being landed with a suchlike knobber in my section...

Just Alf
08-04-2018, 08:34 PM
Sounds like the guys lift doesnt go to the top floor. I.e he appears to have mental issues.
Finances aside, one of the reasons ive shyed away from being a season ticket holder is the fear of being landed with a suchlike knobber in my section...I'm the polar opposite of that guy... I sit and watch and never really express much either positive or negative (actually NEVER negative and occasionally VERY POSITIVE) feelings/shouting..... It actually makes me a bit conscious of what I'm doing at times...

All that said... I do like sitting in the next section to the singing guys, makes it easier when I'm making an ars*e of myself (in my view and not enough just very occasionally) :-)

I still enjoy myself tho!!!!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Ayrshire Hibee
08-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Don’t usually like making judgements or pass comment on people without knowing them personally - but for this guy I can make an exception.

You would think he is a Celtic fan rather than Hibs the way he goes on about everyone being a “h*n”. Decorated scarf and t-shirts with lots of Irish memorabilia etc. My first experience of the guy was in the old east against rangers. He was front row, tri colour in hand focussed on the rangers end blessing himself every 5 mins. I’m proud of Hibs Irish routes, my family links as well - but don’t feel the need to plaster it for the world to see and give myself a heart attack in the process making sure everyone knows it.

The funniest thing about the whole event yesterday was the way he wouldn’t drop the argument and how more mature the younger laddies in front dealt with it. An angry angry man. Who needs to grow up. Heard a lot of people shout him down though so kudos for that!

Got to be the same guy who stood next to me for the cup replay v Hearts 2016.....total roaster with his tricolour....yep everyone is a Hun or proddy b :-\ reeks of being a Celtic fan

Sergio sledge
08-04-2018, 09:55 PM

We were sitting a few seats along from the guy in the white t-shirt and I seriously thought of moving with my kids. Thankfully they seemed pretty oblivious to it so we stayed put. Pretty sure the guy next to us moved though, he didn't reappear after half time.

Geo_1875
09-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Finances aside, one of the reasons ive shyed away from being a season ticket holder is the fear of being landed with a suchlike knobber in my section...

We've moved our ST seats 5 times over the last few years due to said knobbers nearby. Been fine in the West Lower until recently when one appeared a few rows back from us. Really spoils the day when you get someone who obviously knows **** all about football telling professionals where they are going wrong.

matty_f
09-04-2018, 08:19 AM
We've moved our ST seats 5 times over the last few years due to said knobbers nearby. Been fine in the West Lower until recently when one appeared a few rows back from us. Really spoils the day when you get someone who obviously knows **** all about football telling professionals where they are going wrong.

We moved from the West lower towards the away we've, to the back of the West upper to get away from a guy who was ridiculously abbey at the players. It wasn't the only reason we moved, but it definitely played a part.

The very same guy made a big show of walking out of the meeting with Leeann Dempster on the day off the Petrie protests because he didn't like that she refused to force Petrie out.

.Sean.
09-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Same bigot that unfortunately had a season ticket in front of me for a couple years. Complete and utter knuckle dragger

snooky
09-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Judging by the numerous complaints, I suspect Hibs would get the backing of the support if they binned this particular 'fan' and his ilk.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Fannys like this should be ejected from the ground immediately ....next time throw your pies at him...not the whole pie obviously that's just a waste but at least a bit crust

Thecat23
09-04-2018, 10:50 AM
Sounds exactly like that @rsehole Killie fan who got banned for doing what this clown is doing. Angry men who can’t enjoy a game of football. Heart attack on legs these guys!

Craig_HFC
09-04-2018, 10:54 AM

There's a couple of guys a row or 2 behind me in the West Lower who know nothing about the game, I think they've been there for as long as I've sat there (since 2004, I think). It used to drive me mental but now I find it funny how clueless they are.

Mon Dieu4
09-04-2018, 10:58 AM
Mr IRA I call him, had the displeasure of having to sit a few seats away from him and his son in the old east, forever blessing himself, calling our own players Scotland *****, wearing tri colours all over and generally being a rascist prick, he acts the big man and tries to intimidate people by being loud, didn't work with me and my pals though and we used to have a run in with him at every home game

The guy has come out with some of the worst things I've ever heard at a football game, worst being when his son was about 10 or so and said something about a black player. Can't remember what it was off the top of my head and his dad just burst out laughing

I'd be very very surprised if Hibs didn't know who he was already

JimBHibees
09-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Mr IRA I call him, had the displeasure of having to sit a few seats away from him and his son in the old east, forever blessing himself, calling our own players Scotland *****, wearing tri colours all over and generally being a rascist prick, he acts the big man and tries to intimidate people by being loud, didn't work with me and my pals though and we used to have a run in with him at every home game

The guy has come out with some of the worst things I've ever heard at a football game, worst being when his son was about 10 or so and said something about a black player. Can't remember what it was off the top of my head and his dad just burst out laughing

if he is acting like that on a regular basis he should be punted

EH54
09-04-2018, 05:39 PM

Was that towards the front of the east where section 44/43 is now by any chance? To the left of the gantry

BlackSheep
09-04-2018, 06:00 PM
There's a couple of guys a row or 2 behind me in the West Lower who know nothing about the game, I think they've been there for as long as I've sat there (since 2004, I think). It used to drive me mental but now I find it funny how clueless they are.

Argh. I have someone like that directly behind me in the East. Fair play to them holding a season ticket but I wonder what game they are watching whenever I overhear his comments, it can be exasperating. He tends to come out with utter rubbish about how we will be ‘lucky to win this one today’ almost every week, as if his superior scouting knowledge of the opposition has him knowing something the rest of us don’t!

Totally innocent tho.... not like the guy this thread is about!

Oh and another guy who yells ‘help him’ at almost every pass from a hibs player... if we could drink it would be a fantastic drinking game!!!

Killiehibbie
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM
Saturday was the first time i've had the displeasure of being within hearing distance of him and i'd be surprised if he lasts much longer without having a heart attack.

Mon Dieu4
09-04-2018, 06:24 PM
Was that towards the front of the east where section 44/43 is now by any chance? To the left of the gantry

Yep sure was, right down the front in the second last block before the away fans

Famous Fiver
09-04-2018, 06:34 PM
I used to have Mr 'Unbelievable' behind me in the East.

Every time a move broke down or something happened which he disapproved of out came unbelievable.

I've moved thankfully. He's probably reading this now and muttering 'unbelievable'

emerald green
09-04-2018, 06:36 PM

Travel all the way to Dingwall and back to slag off your own team? Wow. :rolleyes:

tamig
09-04-2018, 06:53 PM
I used to have Mr 'Unbelievable' behind me in the East.

Every time a move broke down or something happened which he disapproved of out came unbelievable.

I've moved thankfully. He's probably reading this now and muttering 'unbelievable'
Chris Kamara?