PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets

Stuart93
07-04-2018, 06:18 PM
Sold 9.3k to date for next season, up 2000 from this point last year.

Pleasing.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 06:19 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180407/3e9f8d6f53d7b8a50fc26c1044c12746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSK
07-04-2018, 06:21 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSuperb !!

bingo70
07-04-2018, 06:21 PM

Pleasing.

Just saw that tweet, incredible.

If we can keep this up I wonder if there will be consideration given to doing something with the corners.

If we could incorporate with a hotel, offices or the like it could potentially pay for itself if done right. The corner between the famous five and east stand seems set up for something to be built there.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 06:23 PM
26% rise in sales. If that carries on then the three home stands will be season ticket only.

Fuzzywuzzy
07-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Ticket office confirmed that the unrenewed season tickets go on general sale 2nd June

bingo70
07-04-2018, 06:28 PM
26% rise in sales. If that carries on then the three home stands will be season ticket only.

This news will only likely encourage anyone in two minds to bite the bullet and go for it.

Good luck to anyone getting a ticket for a category A game next season, will be next to impossible unless you’ve got a season ticket.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 06:28 PM
looking forward to the stands getting 3rd tiers and two corners filled in :agree:

GreenCastle
07-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Let’s keep this going - break the record and fill the stadium.

Rally the troops !

PatHead
07-04-2018, 06:33 PM
Wonder if we will put a cap on numbers at say 15000

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 06:42 PM

No chance. Walk ups can go in the south. Sell as many as we possibly can.

adhibs
07-04-2018, 06:49 PM

Would imagine if we got near 15k the remainder would be largely individual seats anyway. Thatd probably be enough to slow further sales off anyway.

Carheenlea
07-04-2018, 06:50 PM
That`s a very impressive number for the first week of April - hopefully we can surpass that of what we sold this season. A strong finish and european qualifaction will do just that.

Onion
07-04-2018, 07:01 PM

Pleasing.

Amazing things happening at Easter Road. I thought it impossible to better this season given the kicker we got from the cup win and then Prem footie, but the bandwagon just keeps on rolling. ST commitment will only help to keep Leanne and Lennon for a while longer, and allow them to bring in more quality players. Good times to be a Hibby.

Greencore
07-04-2018, 07:08 PM
buying my season ticket next month. excited.

Pretty Boy
07-04-2018, 07:09 PM
It really is amazing what has happened and what is happening at Hibs. 9300 would have been considered a respectable total for the overall total not so long ago.

It seems a lifetime ago but under a Fenlon and Butcher the only people sitting in my entire row of the FF where my Mum, myself and 1 other and the row in front was completely empty (I’ll admit to missing being able to sit with my feet on the seat in front). There was a sense Stubbs had started to win the fans back with the teams he built and he delivered the ultimate sales tool. Lennon has then taken it and ran with it and looks like he could take it to another level again.

I said it for years but the only way to sell tickets is to win games and be successful. A poor marketing campaign with a poor product will see poor sales, a good marketing campaign with a poor product will see, for the most part, poor sales but good marketing and a good products sees what we are seeing now. Long may it continue.

SquashedFrogg
07-04-2018, 07:10 PM
looking forward to the stands getting 3rd tiers and two corners filled in :agree:

Just means the retractable roof will have to be slightly bigger but I'm all for it!

Greencore
07-04-2018, 07:10 PM
if sales are going the way they are we should cut the seats for the ugly sisters and gunts.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 07:14 PM
if sales are going the way they are we should cut the seats for the ugly sisters and gunts.

We should always keep a full stand available for yams as they do for us.

Since90+2
Brilliant. I know it's an old cliche to say your rivals are irrelevant but the club should be aiming to challenge for top 2 or 3 rather than looking down at our rivals across the city.

Its not inconceivable we will hit 15k season ticket holders this year. Fantastic.

Billy Whizz

It will cost us money for segregation though!
Happy for Rangers and Celtic to be potentially cut, but not Hearts.

GreenCastle
07-04-2018, 07:16 PM
It really is amazing what has happened and what is happening at Hibs. 9300 would have been considered a respectable total for the overall total not so long ago.

It seems a lifetime ago but under a Fenlon and Butcher the only people sitting in my entire row of the FF where my Mum, myself and 1 other and the row in front was completely empty (I’ll admit to missing being able to sit with my feet on the seat in front). There was a sense Stubbs had started to win the fans back with the teams he built and he delivered the ultimate sales tool. Lennon has then taken it and ran with it and looks like he could take it to another level again.

I said it for years but the only way to sell tickets is to win games and be successful. A poor marketing campaign with a poor product will see poor sales, a good marketing campaign with a poor product will see, for the most part, poor sales but good marketing and a good products sees what we are seeing now. Long may it continue.

Yup

Success (cup win)
Win more than we lose - winning mentality
Beat Hearts regularly
Good players
Very good coach and staff
Leanne D and less Rod P

Means this clubs potential is finally being recognised after so many frustrating years by a badly run board

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 07:17 PM
Just means the retractable roof will have to be slightly bigger but I'm all for it!

close the roof in the winter/chucking of rain days, add central heating....summer football all year round :agree:

SquashedFrogg
07-04-2018, 07:19 PM
close the roof in the winter/chucking of rain days, add central heating....summer football all year round :agree:

👍👍

we are hibs
07-04-2018, 07:32 PM

close it every game and keep the seagulls out

16'000 is the season ticket capacity. then half South Stand would be for walk ups for the remainder of the season

Crazyhorse
07-04-2018, 07:38 PM

Wow!

Crazyhorse
07-04-2018, 07:45 PM
We should always keep a full stand available for yams as they do for us.

Agree with that. The derby atmosphere depends on both sides having a good support. For the bigot brothers I would love to see the day when we could cut their numbers.

jgl07
07-04-2018, 07:50 PM
Hibs need to cap the number of full season tickets at some stage to avoid a ‘closed shop’ situation.

They could start selling Category B season tickets.

Garymcl
07-04-2018, 07:54 PM
This is fantastic news one thing is clear anyone wanting a decent seat for games especially the cat A games will need to purchase a season at this rate cmon let's smash the record out of site try and encourage as many fellow hibbys along to the leith San Siro this is such a great time to be a hibby :flag::flag:

DTS
07-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Hibs need to cap the number of full season tickets at some stage to avoid a ‘closed shop’ situation.

We are miles away from that, we should have every seat in the 3 “home” stands sold out before we limit potential buyers. I do also think we should offer Cat B season tickets in the south. I believe we done this during the Mowbray era?

Crazyhorse
07-04-2018, 07:58 PM

Has there ever been any accurate calculation as to what size ER would be if the corners were all filled in?
I've seen people mention this before but the numbers are wildly different.
Any architects/engineers etc., who actually know something about seats X available remaining footprint, able to work this out?
This is just a heuristic exercise - I'm not suggesting we will ever need to do this but I would be interested to know.

Jack
07-04-2018, 08:23 PM

Why would we put a cap on season tickets?

Even if the home stands were all sold we'd have;

Around 1,500 seats available in the South, and

Hibs reckon around 10% of season ticket seats are not used each game. With the new returns deal that could mean up to another 1,700.

3,200 potentially available.

Sadly, cause I would love it, I don't think we have a problem at the moment and we'll not be filling in any corners and time soon.

BTW How are you? Not seen you in ages!

BoomtownHibees
07-04-2018, 08:23 PM

No they don’t. Create a waiting list like every other team do when they sell as many as they can

Stuart93
07-04-2018, 08:36 PM
Still annoys me how many empty season ticket seats there are at home games in the FF lower especially

Jack
07-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Still annoys me how many empty season ticket seats there are at home games in the FF lower especially

Hibs appear to be tackling the issue. I think we can relax ;-)

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 08:40 PM
Why would we put a cap on season tickets?

Even if the home stands were all sold we'd have;

Around 1,500 seats available in the South, and

Hibs reckon around 10% of season ticket seats are not used each game. With the new returns deal that could mean up to another 1,700.

3,200 potentially available.

Sadly, cause I would love it, I don't think we have a problem at the moment and we'll not be filling in any corners and time soon.

BTW How are you? Not seen you in ages!

Few reasons,
Walk up price is higher than season ticket ace game price
We want to grow our fan base, offering too many season tickets, limits the no of new Hibs fans we can get along to ER

Probably more, but I’m tired after a long day to Dingwall and back, but think Pathead is right, around 15,000 max

jgl07
07-04-2018, 08:42 PM
We are miles away from that, we should have every seat in the 3 “home” stands sold out before we limit potential buyers. I do also think we should offer Cat B season tickets in the south. I believe we done this during the Mowbray era?

We did indeed. I had one for a period. They stopped when attendance fell and the East Terrace was replaced and the capacity increased.

Jack
07-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Few reasons,
Walk up price is higher than season ticket ace game price
We want to grow our fan base, offering too many season tickets, limits the no of new Hibs fans we can get along to ER

Probably more, but I’m tired after a long day to Dingwall and back, but think Pathead is right, around 15,000 max

You haven't addressed the 3,200 seats that might be potentially available even if the home stands were fully sold out to season tickets.

Plenty room for walk ups and others for 'normal' games.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 08:55 PM
You haven't addressed the 3,200 seats that might be potentially available even if the home stands were fully sold out to season tickets.

Plenty room for walk ups and others for 'normal' games.

So what are you suggesting we cap it at?

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 08:57 PM
If demand continues to grow would it not be better ( now from 2019/20 ) to have Family Area in South with ST only for Category B matches ? Adults with family ST would be guaranteed option to buy seats in other stands for category A matches . Or do similar in FF and / or South . Only saying it as quite a number of people here have mentined they don`t take their kids to cat A matches . Maybe have student STs in South too . As for capping ST sales definitely better doing it since any club that closes the door to lifelong supporters who don`t have a ST or to potential new supporters is going to lose a lot of supporters and goodwill .

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 09:01 PM
With the south stand lying mostly empty each week there is no need to cap season ticket numbers and there is no way Hibs will do it.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 09:07 PM
With the south stand lying mostly empty each week there is no need to cap season ticket numbers and there is no way Hibs will do it.

So effectively you’re saying, a non season ticket will not be able to get a a ticket in the Hibs end, for a Category A Game. We can charge up to £10 a ticket more, than a season ticket pays for it

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 09:11 PM
So effectively you’re saying, a non season ticket will not be able to get a a ticket in the Hibs end, for a Category A Game. We can charge up to £10 a ticket more, than a season ticket pays for it

The club would rather have the certainty of the money in now. With the new returns scheme there should still be tickets for walk ups.
I don’t think we are there yet any way. I think we will fall short of selling out the three stands.
It will be good for season ticket sales if people know that it may be the only way of seeing a derby next season though. Or a big European game if things really go well.

B.H.F.C
07-04-2018, 09:12 PM

The season ticket gives us the cash up front which we need to get players in. There is no way a club like us can turn down revenue like that if there are people willing to pay our £400 or so.

It’s a bit irrelevant anyway as I don’t think every seat in the three home stands will sell out anyway. 14-15k is realistic I think.

Jack
07-04-2018, 09:18 PM
So what are you suggesting we cap it at?

The 3 home stands.

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Were the four new stands built in such a way that they could theoretically be joined by filling in the corners?

I am a sad case, the thought of having big enough season ticket demand to justify filling in one or more of the corners gets me pretty excited.

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 09:24 PM
The club would rather have the certainty of the money in now. With the new returns scheme there should still be tickets for walk ups.
I don’t think we are there yet any way. I think we will fall short of selling out the three stands.
It will be good for season ticket sales if people know that it may be the only way of seeing a derby next season though. Or a big European game if things really go well.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkThat certainty might mean 25 pounds for a child who misses lots of games ( midweek , cat A etc) when a walk up adult pays about that for one match . Returns scheme should help but going on comments here a lot of STHs would prefer to leave their seat empty than let club sell to a possible troublemaker ( and other reasons given ) . I`m commenting this as how club accountants may look at it , not my opinion but I think it would be wrong to sell all home stands as STs while there`s the option of selling South STs for Category B matches to families and students ( always with priority to buy tickets in other stands at adult prices for Cat A matches ) .

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 09:24 PM
The 3 home stands.

Which will be what Pathead says, around 15,000/15,500 when you take away hospitality😄

Edit- it’s great to be talking about this

Jack
07-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Which will be what Pathead says, around 15,000/15,500 when you take away hospitality😄

Edit- it’s great to be talking about this

My fag packet calculation was a little higher, 16,600 (20,421 - 3,800) but then there's hospitality :-).

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 09:38 PM
Am aware filling in corners has been mentioned many times here often as a joke but some comments suggest that possibility was considered when stands were built . Are there any good examples of grounds in Europe where it`s been done . Can think of grounds with corner stands which were probably ahead of their time ( Tannadice , Broomfield ) but not where gaps at corners have been filled in . Would love to see it happen at ER perhaps with a special fan fundraising programme ( or debenture type idea ) but understandably I think club would risk angering some fans by raising concession prices in at least some stands ( eg problem in FF for 19 / 20 ) before committing to filling in corners .

Juniper Greens
07-04-2018, 09:44 PM
Am aware filling in corners has been mentioned many times here often as a joke but some comments suggest that possibility was considered when stands were built . Are there any good examples of grounds in Europe where it`s been done . Can think of grounds with corner stands which were probably ahead of their time ( Tannadice , Broomfield ) but not where gaps at corners have been filled in . Would love to see it happen at ER perhaps with a special fan fundraising programme ( or debenture type idea ) but understandably I think club would risk angering some fans by raising concession prices in at least some stands ( eg problem in FF for 19 / 20 ) before committing to filling in corners .

Stoke City have done it. Similar age of stadium too...
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/10252178/stoke-city-announce-expansion-plans-for-newly-named-bet365-stadium

Mr White
07-04-2018, 09:46 PM

It was done at Ibrox 20 years ago but because of the design of the 3 stands built in the early 80s they were only able to create seating in the lower area of the 2 corners opposite the main stand. The cantilever design of our stands should allow easier and full height use of the corner areas in the NE and SW corners. The other 2 would presumably be more difficult due to the cut aways in the 2 end stands at those points and the close proximity of roads in both corners.

Of course whether or not the economic case for even the NE corner would pass the "Petrie Test" is anyone's guess at this stage :greengrin

The Spaceman
07-04-2018, 09:52 PM
People seem to be forgetting we have gone through years of hardship to get to this point, much of which was borne out of selling our best talent in order to fund expensive infrastructure projects. Now is the time to invest any boosts to revenues on the pitch to create a successful team which continually challenges in the top 3 of the league and keep our current core support happy/even more engrained. If we still have problems with not enough seats in 5 years time, then by all means talk about stadium expansions!

CapitalGreen
07-04-2018, 09:59 PM

So effectively you are saying we should cap season tickets to allow non season ticket holder to purchase a ticket for Cat A fixtures which would generate an extra £10 per ticket per game (6 x £10 = £60) instead of selling a season ticket for the same seat for £400.?

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 10:05 PM
So effectively you are saying we should cap season tickets to allow non season ticket holder to purchase a ticket for Cat A fixtures which would generate an extra £10 per ticket per game (6 x £10 = £60) instead of selling a season ticket for the same seat for £400.?What if the ST is for a child or student ?

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 10:06 PM
People seem to be forgetting we have gone through years of hardship to get to this point, much of which was borne out of selling our best talent in order to fund expensive infrastructure projects. Now is the time to invest any boosts to revenues on the pitch to create a successful team which continually challenges in the top 3 of the league and keep our current core support happy/even more engrained. If we still have problems with not enough seats in 5 years time, then by all means talk about stadium expansions!

Totally agree.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 10:09 PM

see now this is something that fair rips ma knittin, HFC is a business as well as a football club, money from walk-ups is very important the whole season long, there's a transfer window in december that may possibly need a cash injection for transfers/emergency loans etc, i don't know of any business that shuts up shop once a certain part of the year starts, AND if a walk up goes to every home game of the season he/she actually gives the club more money than a ST holder does, some posters really need to stop trying to put walk-ups in to some poor group that only get a 2nd thought now and then :cb i bet the club treasurer is very appreciative of season-long walk upper upperers :agree: they did at one time show appreciation by giving loyalty points....but that's for another thread/rant

rant over

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 10:13 PM

I don't think anyone is suggesting otherwise. That doesn't mean we can't try to understand what is technically possible and what is not.

Pete
07-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Please don’t tell me people are finding things to argue about within two pages of one of the most positive threads in years. 😂

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 10:19 PM
Has there ever been any accurate calculation as to what size ER would be if the corners were all filled in?
I've seen people mention this before but the numbers are wildly different.
Any architects/engineers etc., who actually know something about seats X available remaining footprint, able to work this out?
This is just a heuristic exercise - I'm not suggesting we will ever need to do this but I would be interested to know.

i reckon 2 corners @ 1500 each, my figures/costs have both been done on a tiny wee post-it bit of paper :greengrin

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 10:19 PM
see now this is something that fair rips ma knittin, HFC is a business as well as a football club, money from walk-ups is very important the whole season long, there's a transfer window in december that may possibly need a cash injection for transfers/emergency loans etc, i don't know of any business that shuts up shop once a certain part of the year starts, AND if a walk up goes to every home game of the season he/she actually gives the club more money than a ST holder does, some posters really need to stop trying to put walk-ups in to some poor group that only get a 2nd thought now and then :cb i bet the club treasurer is very appreciative of season-long walk upper upperers :agree: they did at one time show appreciation by giving loyalty points....but that's for another thread/rant

rant overAgree totally . Recent years at Hibs and other clubs there`s talk of STHs contribution etc while , as you say , many walk ups put as much or more money into club and go to as many or more matches as many STHs ( see numerous empty seats at full houses and other matches ) . People have lots of reasons for not buying a ST especially with numbered seats making it harder to sit with friends . Important for Hibs fans without STs to be able to get to games and for chance for new fans to become Hibs fans too .

Crazyhorse
07-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Stoke City have done it. Similar age of stadium too...
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11701/10252178/stoke-city-announce-expansion-plans-for-newly-named-bet365-stadium

Cheers. Looking at that doing all the corners would probably add about 5,000 seats at ER. Doesn't say how much it cost Stoke to do it. We may just have to wait until we win the league a few times...

Stuart93
07-04-2018, 10:30 PM
Cheers. Looking at that doing all the corners would probably add about 5,000 seats at ER. Doesn't say how much it cost Stoke to do it. We may just have to wait until we win the league a few times...

Handy down there when money isn't an issue

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Agree totally . Recent years at Hibs and other clubs there`s talk of STHs contribution etc while , as you say , many walk ups put as much or more money into club and go to as many or more matches as many STHs ( see numerous empty seats at full houses and other matches ) . People have lots of reasons for not buying a ST especially with numbered seats making it harder to sit with friends . Important for Hibs fans without STs to be able to get to games and for chance for new fans to become Hibs fans too .

absolutely :agree:

iirc it wouldn't be possible to do all corners at ER mate, i think it's maybe just either end of the East ? or possibly even just the corner between East and FF...then they could knock down the stand ends and us in the north side of the East stand could hear the singing section :greengrin

Glory Lurker
07-04-2018, 10:34 PM
Taylor Swift got it bang on when she sang “The corners of ER are never getting filled in ever”. She’s super famous which means she kens folk, and wouldn’t just make stuff like that up just to score a worldwide smash. Taylor kens. Go and drop the corners chat, eh?

Crazyhorse
07-04-2018, 10:53 PM
Taylor Swift got it bang on when she sang “The corners of ER are never getting filled in ever”. She’s super famous which means she kens folk, and wouldn’t just make stuff like that up just to score a worldwide smash. Taylor kens. Go and drop the corners chat, eh?

?

Since90+2
07-04-2018, 10:57 PM
The club are not going to restrict season ticket sales to accommodate possible walk ups who may or may not attend throughout the season. If you want a guaranteed seat then buy a season ticket.

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 10:59 PM
?

He's a beautiful kind of strange. Don't interrupt his magical flow.

Juniper Greens
07-04-2018, 11:00 PM

Looks like it was £6m for one corner that gave 2,000 extra seats. More than I would have thought TBH

https://www.theconstructionindex.co.uk/news/view/andrew-scott-starts-6m-stoke-stadium-expansion

CapitalGreen
07-04-2018, 11:12 PM
What if the ST is for a child or student ?

Presumably the child would be attending with an Adult (at least £425 instead of £60 x 2 = £120) and a Student ST is more than £60 as far as I’m aware.

BigT-Hibeez
07-04-2018, 11:17 PM

What should we name the corners? The 'Henderson to deliver' corner would be my first choice..

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 11:18 PM
What should we name the corners? The 'Henderson to deliver' corner would be my first choice..

Massive like.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 11:42 PM
The club are not going to restrict season ticket sales to accommodate possible walk ups who may or may not attend throughout the season. If you want a guaranteed seat then buy a season ticket.

I can’t see the club ever not selling a season ticket if they have a seat to sell.
With the south available we are not even close to walk ups not getting to games.

Eyrie
08-04-2018, 10:02 AM
I can’t see the club ever not selling a season ticket if they have a seat to sell.
With the south available we are not even close to walk ups not getting to games.

Agreed. A season ticket means that seat is sold for every game which is guaranteed money up front for the club. Keeping a seat spare for walk ups may mean it is sold for a little more money for Hearts and Ugly Sister games, but that extra income won't offset the loss for it being empty against teams like Hamilton or Ross County.

kennyh
08-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Brilliant news about the numbers sold so far though I would like Hibs to tell us how many NEW ST Sales they have had. If it had been a significant number I am sure they would have announced that figure as that would hopefully spur others thinking about it to commit early.
I renewed on Day one this year and have never done that before, it's always last few days before final deadline but renewed all 3 and took the spare seat beside us so we can bring my kids pals along and hopefully increase the Hibees family by converting some Weegie kids into loving Hibs as much as me and my two kids do.
I am not sure what the normal rate is of fans renewing would be but this year I would think it will be a massively high %.

CAT B in the South could be a realistic option in June if demand and renewals keep demand rising.

jgl07
08-04-2018, 05:52 PM
So effectively you are saying we should cap season tickets to allow non season ticket holder to purchase a ticket for Cat A fixtures which would generate an extra £10 per ticket per game (6 x £10 = £60) instead of selling a season ticket for the same seat for £400.?

Or for £25 or £75 for a junior? There are far too many discounted tickets left empty. The seat beside me in the FF Upper hadn’t been occupied more that three or four times this season. It is taken by someone who has a season ticket in the West Stand.

Some balance needed here.

Hibs should cap full season sales at around 15,000 and start to sell Category B season tickets in the South Stand.

overdrive
08-04-2018, 06:03 PM

iirc it wouldn't be possible to do all corners at ER mate, i think it's maybe just either end of the East ? or possibly even just the corner between East and FF...then they could knock down the stand ends and us in the north side of the East stand could hear the singing section :greengrin

I think it’s the NE and SW corners that can be done. The SE corner is too close to the road hence the slant in the upper tier at that end. Same with the NW corner but that also has the added complication of having the ticket office in the way which I think is a listed building.

Mikey
08-04-2018, 07:13 PM
There's no danger the club will spend money on filling in the corners when the south stand is 80% empty for most games.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 07:15 PM
Wonder how many have applied for the away season ticket?

Juniper Greens
08-04-2018, 07:19 PM
There's no danger the club will spend money on filling in the corners when the south stand is 80% empty for most games.

Agreed, but if...and it's a big if, we can sustain top 3/4 for a few seasons and attendances are staying strong, I'd like to think there might be the chance to turn the NE corner into safe standing

Onion
08-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Agreed, but if...and it's a big if, we can sustain top 3/4 for a few seasons and attendances are staying strong, I'd like to think there might be the chance to turn the NE corner into safe standing

Hibs are on a roll at the moment and crowds are sensational but, just like Aberdeen, would plateau when fans realise they've no chance of winning the league, being out-financed by Sevco, and knocked out of Europe in the first couple of rounds. The key to how long and how well Hibs can sustain this is retaining the likes of Lennon and our best players.

jgl07
08-04-2018, 11:12 PM

Only two corners at Easter Road are suitable for filling in. The other two could be closed with big screens.

This and filling in the corners would do a lot to improve the atmosphere at Easter Road.

I know that Hibs with a 23,000-24,000 capacity stadium would be seen as a waste of money by many as long as we do not fill 20,000 seats most home matches.

However, a few on here (they will know who I am referring to) were arguning that Hibs should close the FF and the South Stand little over two years ago. This was supposed to be to save money as a 20,500 capacity was clearly not needed for a Wee Team like Hibs.

Certainly with St Mirren and either Dundee United or Dunfermline would help Hibs average crowds as things stand.

monktonharp
09-04-2018, 12:26 AM
Amazing things happening at Easter Road. I thought it impossible to better this season given the kicker we got from the cup win and then Prem footie, but the bandwagon just keeps on rolling. ST commitment will only help to keep Leanne and Lennon for a while longer, and allow them to bring in more quality players. Good times to be a Hibby.:tsk .don't call it a bandwagon, call it a juggernaught:wink:

monktonharp
09-04-2018, 12:40 AM

They could start selling Category B season tickets.:confused:sell them all! Nae space for away fans? big deal. !! Derby games, they give us a full stand so lets make ours a want to go, lottery.you can register your desire to be

there and be in with a chance to gain tickets. For old firm gams, we don't have the space for those clubs to get the full end, so we can give them a quarter of the Dunbar end:greengrin

monktonharp
09-04-2018, 01:23 AM
Totally agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalktotally disagree. build it and they will come

Fife-Hibee
09-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Win the Scottish again next season and we’ll have to put another tier on top of the West never mind the corners 😁

Souter96Mac
09-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Would love to see a corner between the famous five and the east stand, then put the singing section in there..

Souter96Mac
09-04-2018, 05:16 PM
9,500 sold so far, 2000 more than this time last year and 700 of them are new Season holders

hibbyfraelibby
09-04-2018, 05:25 PM
The £25 kids tickets are being abused by some fans, costing the club money over the season just so they can upgrade the ticket to see 6 games a season. Personally I think the FF should stay as a family stand but the £25 ticket should eithet be non-upgradeable or sold as a Cat B ticket only or moved to the South Stand.

blackpoolhibs
09-04-2018, 05:33 PM
This armageddon is a real bugger.

Brummie_Hibs
09-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Would there be merit in making the whole of the South Stand for Home fans, and segregate about 1/3 of the main stand for away fans, adjusting allocation depending on game?

Apart from giving the Jambos the full stand just so we get the same back, what would be the pros and cons?

Lee Marvin
09-04-2018, 05:36 PM
700 new season tickets holders already is incredible.

15000 is a genuine possibility :flag:

bingo70
09-04-2018, 05:39 PM
The £25 kids tickets are being abused by some fans, costing the club money over the season just so they can upgrade the ticket to see 6 games a season. Personally I think the FF should stay as a family stand but the £25 ticket should eithet be non-upgradeable or sold as a Cat B ticket only or moved to the South Stand.

The flip side to that though is that it might just encourage people to take kids along to games they wouldn’t normally do and that’s how you go about getting the next generation involved.

I’ve got my son a season ticket in the west upper but I don’t take him every game, if I never got him a season ticket he wouldn’t have been to many games, none actually apart from the league cup games as there’s no seats beside me in the West. When I got him the season ticket I thought he’d maybe get to 4 games in the season but it’s probably closer to 7.

Juniper Greens
09-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Would there be merit in making the whole of the South Stand for Home fans, and segregate about 1/3 of the main stand for away fans, adjusting allocation depending on game?

Apart from giving the Jambos the full stand just so we get the same back, what would be the pros and cons?

I wouldn't have thought so, given the hassle the club are having at giving section 50 15 months notice of a potential move...

iwasthere1972
09-04-2018, 06:00 PM
We need to be selling out Easter Road on a regular basis and not just one or two seasons before we can even imagine the corners being filled in.

I miss the Bobby Williamson days when you could get a whole row to yourself and you didn't have to queue for a pee or chips.

BlackSheep
09-04-2018, 06:09 PM
I miss the Bobby Williamson days when you could get a whole row to yourself and you didn't have to queue for a pee or chips.

They will need install more toilets if this continues, that and we will need more pubs on Easter Road to accommodate all the new regulars.... it’s been standing room only in a fair few boozers the past few years.

Also need Hibs to look at better exits for the east.... or at least force those who leave early to actually exit!! Sick of waiting for 20 mins to get out after a match all cos one or two fans decide to leave on 85 mins then block the exits!!!

danhibees1875
09-04-2018, 08:15 PM
They will need install more toilets if this continues, that and we will need more pubs on Easter Road to accommodate all the new regulars.... it’s been standing room only in a fair few boozers the past few years.

Also need Hibs to look at better exits for the east.... or at least force those who leave early to actually exit!! Sick of waiting for 20 mins to get out after a match all cos one or two fans decide to leave on 85 mins then block the exits!!!

People leaving early to then block the exit for 20 mins? :confused:

As for the £25 kid tickets, do you not need to buy an adult ticket at the same time? You couldn't just buy one yourself (as an adult), never use it and upgrade it for the big games?

BlackSheep
09-04-2018, 08:22 PM
People leaving early to then block the exit for 20 mins? :confused:

As for the £25 kid tickets, do you not need to buy an adult ticket at the same time? You couldn't just buy one yourself (as an adult), never use it and upgrade it for the big games?

You obviously don't sit in the East....? Folk leave with 5 mins to go and then wait at the bottom of the stairs watching those last 5 mins, blocking all those behind who are perhaps genuinely trying to leave, this has a knock on effect for the whole stand in each exit when the final whistle goes. It genuinely takes around 15/20 mins to get out of the stadium when we sit up in row CC.

Eyrie
09-04-2018, 09:59 PM

As I've said before, the club needs to look at adding exits from the top of each stairway.

One Day Soon
09-04-2018, 10:57 PM
This armageddon is a real bugger.

Aye, I'm fair spiraling in a never ending torment of hellish oblivion here.

monktonharp
10-04-2018, 12:05 AM
couple of recent posts re-exits are quite valid points. If you are leaving, bloody well leave. don't bugger around at the bottom, or at least find a spare seat doon there. don't know what can be done though to make exits easier. :dunno:

RoxburghHibs
10-04-2018, 06:22 AM
couple of recent posts re-exits are quite valid points. If you are leaving, bloody well leave. don't bugger around at the bottom, or at least find a spare seat doon there. don't know what can be done though to make exits easier. :dunno:

Surely the stewards should move these people on?

danhibees1875
10-04-2018, 06:57 AM
You obviously don't sit in the East....? Folk leave with 5 mins to go and then wait at the bottom of the stairs watching those last 5 mins, blocking all those behind who are perhaps genuinely trying to leave, this has a knock on effect for the whole stand in each exit when the final whistle goes. It genuinely takes around 15/20 mins to get out of the stadium when we sit up in row CC.

I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly.

Surely the stewards should move these people on?

If you went there during the game they would/should. But by the last 5 mins they stand pitch side and can't.

BlackSheep
10-04-2018, 07:06 AM
I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly

At risk of sounding harsh, which I honestly am not trying to do... you are actually part of the problem, which could be why you don’t see it as a problem.

Back in the day my dad used to always get us out early to avoid the flow of people after the game and perhaps beat some traffic, we never loitered watching the last 5 mins in the concourse or exit.

Stewards should be on hand to keep the people flowing out of the stadium, all it take is one small group of people standing at the bottom of the stairs to keep others who genuinely are LEAVING stuck on the stairs.

I’ve always said I dread to think what would happen in the event of a fire but realistically folk wouldn’t loiter to watch the place burn down and a steady flow would be achieved. On this point I still dread the potential panic and perhaps dangerous crush to leave in such a case.

Before even thinking of filling the corners I would hope Hibs are considering at least 3 Upper exits that could be built to the rear of the East, either internally or externally, one at either end and one centrally.... thus easing exits.

Those in the first half of the East (from front to back) maybe don’t experience the delay as such and don’t appreciate the frustration the rest of us put up with.

Aim Here
10-04-2018, 07:56 AM
I wouldn't have thought so, given the hassle the club are having at giving section 50 15 months notice of a potential move...

Might be easier, since this is a proposed straight swap with the away fans at the South Stand, so there would be plenty of good seats for the displaced ST holders to go to.,

danhibees1875
10-04-2018, 08:08 AM
At risk of sounding harsh, which I honestly am not trying to do... you are actually part of the problem, which could be why you don’t see it as a problem.

Back in the day my dad used to always get us out early to avoid the flow of people after the game and perhaps beat some traffic, we never loitered watching the last 5 mins in the concourse or exit.

Stewards should be on hand to keep the people flowing out of the stadium, all it take is one small group of people standing at the bottom of the stairs to keep others who genuinely are LEAVING stuck on the stairs.

I’ve always said I dread to think what would happen in the event of a fire but realistically folk wouldn’t loiter to watch the place burn down and a steady flow would be achieved. On this point I still dread the potential panic and perhaps dangerous crush to leave in such a case.

Before even thinking of filling the corners I would hope Hibs are considering at least 3 Upper exits that could be built to the rear of the East, either internally or externally, one at either end and one centrally.... thus easing exits.

Those in the first half of the East (from front to back) maybe don’t experience the delay as such and don’t appreciate the frustration the rest of us put up with.

I often leave about 90+1, walk past the people at the exits and I'm usually walking through the concourse by the full time whistle. The people watching the game by the exit usually turn and exit as quickly as possible. This is why I think it's an issue with the number of exits rather than people.
When I do stay until the end it's a pain to get out, I'm not as far back as you so can imagine it being worse but I don't know how much worse.

I agree about back exits - I wonder how feasible that is to add now.

Onceinawhile
10-04-2018, 10:59 AM

People are really doing that to save £2 a ticket? I find that unlikely when they know there's seats available in the stadium elsewhere.

Unless of course you have some form of evidence to back this up?

Aim Here
10-04-2018, 11:27 AM
People are really doing that to save £2 a ticket? I find that unlikely when they know there's seats available in the stadium elsewhere.

Maybe I'm reading him wrong, but I think what he's saying is that some people have bought a child ST next to them so they can upgrade it for their mates for a handful of big fixtures - it's *costing* a small amount of money (I'm guessing upgrading a child ST to a one-off adult isn't actually a discount) in exchange for a reserved seat that spends most of the season empty (depriving fans of a seat and Hibs of some revenue), but guarantees someone a chance to go to a handful of fixtures where tickets might be relatively scarce and where they wouldn't be sat next to a mate of theirs.

Keith_M
10-04-2018, 01:45 PM
The number/width of the 'vomitories'(let's just call them exits) in the East are inadequate for the number of seats.

The other stands have roughly one exit per 400 seats, but in the East it's roughly 800, despite the exits being no wider

Sorry, but that's just bad design.

SirDavidsNapper
10-04-2018, 01:52 PM
The number/width of the 'vomitories'(let's just call them exits) in the East are inadequate for the number of seats.

The other stands have roughly one exit per 400 seats, but in the East it's roughly 800, despite the exits being no wider

Sorry, but that's just bad design.

I agree with that. If there was ever a serious problem then things could go very wrong.

.Sean.
10-04-2018, 02:03 PM
I wonder how close we are to cutting the Old Firms allocation? With the way sales are going it should be inevitable IMO

speedy_gonzales
10-04-2018, 02:07 PM
I do. People leave early, but there is still an easy and flowing stream of people exiting (I often leave a bit early and end up in the concourse for the final whistle). The issue is the lack of exits, much more than people who hang about. People leaving early tend to have a reason for leaving their seat and dash off down the vomitory quickly.

I sit in the East near seat 69 which is end of row, I'm not sure of the exit number but I can assure you that when folk leave their seat early but congregate at this exit there is no easy flow or stream of people exiting. This may be in part because there is an ambulant concourse for those in wheelchairs & mobility aids there.
When there is a televised game on there are usually people still trying to leave when from the back of the East when the camera turns to the media box after the advert break at the end of the game.
As has been said earlier, there are no stewards on hand to move people on as they are pitch side.
At the last home game a scuffle broke out when folk were leaving, for why I don't know and at the last home game against Celtic where we drew someone behind me asked those standing on the stairs to worker find a seat or leave, this was met with a challenge to step outside,,,,

Renfrew_Hibby
10-04-2018, 02:17 PM
Just how many can we sell? If we were to sell out all the green seats in the 3 home stands (everything bar the central section of the west upper) That would give us 15,200. Then say the first 2 sections in the south lower as Cat begins season's would put us just over 16,000.

Thats maybe pushing it too far but 16K would be a real statement.

Jamesie
10-04-2018, 02:36 PM

I've always thought that if there is any abuse of the £25 tickets it has been so as to be able to guarantee first dibs on a Cup Final ticket if the need arises - an insurance policy effectively. Pure speculation on my part though.

Billy Whizz
10-04-2018, 02:40 PM
I've always thought that if there is any abuse of the £25 tickets it has been so as to be able to guarantee first dibs on a Cup Final ticket if the need arises - an insurance policy effectively. Pure speculation on my part though.

I’m aware of a family from the South Coast, who have season tickets in this area, for this very reason

Jamesie
13-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Anyone done a season ticket dot count recently? There really can't be that many left - will be interesting to see if much becomes available after 1 June.

erin go bragh
13-04-2018, 09:27 PM
You can only buy a £25 child under 12 ST with an adult one . 6 x £28 would cost £168 .
£25 plus 6 x £22 ( cost to upgrade) =£157 . Saving a measly £11 ,, nah .
Imo like myself , I dont take 3 of my ST kids to night games as they are too young with School next day . The winter games are too cold for the same 3 , so it’s just me and the oldest that goes every game . But all 5 go when it’s warmer weather.

SquashedFrogg
13-04-2018, 10:04 PM

I like this idea.

Eyrie
14-04-2018, 09:50 AM

There are no pros and the cons make it unworkable.

The West isn't designed for segregation whereas the South is. Sections 10,11 and 12 have a common access and I suspect it will be the same for sections 1 to 4 below. Given that the police wouldn't allow us to be above away fans, or vice versa, you'd be losing all seven sections. Most of the seats there are already occupied by season ticket holders who would need to be moved out but may not want to sit in the South. Look at the complaints from those moved to accommodate the singing section, those being displaced from section 50 and those in the Famous Five Lower who no longer have children as part of their group.

You'd also have the problem of moving the Hibs fans from the South twice a season to accommodate the Hearts fans. Again, most of those would be season ticket holders.

The South is the correct place for the away fans and can be split as required.