PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV - Honest reviews

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 06:04 PM
Seeing as my Sat match attendance opportunities are limited and can only go Wed midweek, missing Tuesday matches, been contemplating a Hibs TV sub, esp after enduring Open All Mics this aft. But sometimes read on here that there are issues with the feed.
Honest opinions?

truehibernian
07-04-2018, 06:11 PM
I think it's well worth the money and really good commentary - I particularly like it when Danny Galbraith is on the team as he is very balanced and considered and doesn't over-egg anything, just describes things how it is.

Plus you have the added bonus of hearing a selection of Cliff's cliche '....awww and it's in the back of the net......' not one you want to hear mind :greengrin

Really good value so take the plunge and subscribe mate :aok:

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 06:24 PM
I think it's well worth the money and really good commentary - I particularly like it when Danny Galbraith is on the team as he is very balanced and considered and doesn't over-egg anything, just describes things how it is.

Plus you have the added bonus of hearing a selection of Cliff's cliche '....awww and it's in the back of the net......' not one you want to hear mind :greengrin

Really good value so take the plunge and subscribe mate :aok:
Cheers for the advice. What does audio of "most" Premiership matches mean? Are there exclusions? And Cup matches?

lord bunberry
07-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Cheers for the advice. What does audio of "most" Premiership matches mean? Are there exclusions? And Cup matches?

You get audio for every game. If I can’t make a game I always listen.

BlackSheep
07-04-2018, 06:28 PM
If you are savvy and understand how to use a VPN then i would suggest an overseas subscription, that way you can watch all the home games and some of the away games, and listen to pretty much all the games that have no video feed.

I have had both uk and overseas and its well worth the money, also all the content they put up on the site is well worth it too.

xyz23jc
Seeing as my Sat match attendance opportunities are limited and can only go Wed midweek, missing Tuesday matches, been contemplating a Hibs TV sub, esp after enduring Open All Mics this aft. But sometimes read on here that there are issues with the feed.
Honest opinions?

Listen mate, felt much the same as yerself, countless afternoons listenin tae absolute sh*** fae BBC wi Preston & Gordon, if at all!! Drive ye mad in the long run!!! Finally, if reluctantly, bit the bullet and purchased HIBSTV subscription, a measly £6, NIGHT & DAY in terms of Hibee related stuff, excellent coverage of ALL things Hibs, Interviews, Updates, old footage and all helping the Hibees to PREVAIL!!!! As for the probs with feed etc, they seem to be pretty good as far as rectifying things in that respect, it's always a risk whatever you do nowadays in terms of purchase v performance, modern times etc, but rest assured you won't regret it...Plus it's all money for Hibs to get ahead!!! GGTTH :thumbsup:

Greenbeard
You get audio for every game. If I can’t make a game I always listen.
Connection issues?

Bostonhibby
07-04-2018, 06:30 PM
Honest opinions?Great value. Had it for ages and enjoy listening to Cliff Pikes commentaries. So much more cultured than the screaming gibberish we've heard on hun radio[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

lord bunberry
Connection issues?

I’ve never really had any. Occasionally it will freeze but it’s pretty rare

Islington Hibs
Well worth the money. Good commentary and excellent highlights and videos.

norhfc
07-04-2018, 06:34 PM
Fantastic value for money, specially for us who live abroad, well done all involved.

Billy
07-04-2018, 06:41 PM
Connection issues?

The broadcasts generally will go out without any problems but subscribers can have issues due to internet connections, device or browser problems etc.

Hibs TV provide support throughout the match and will look to get people up and running as quickly as possible.

support@hibernianfc.co.uk is the email address for support and any questions.

The Tubs
07-04-2018, 06:43 PM
It's an amazing service and well worth the money for an overseas viewer.

Carheenlea
07-04-2018, 06:44 PM
I subscribe as it`s come in handy for occasions I`ve been unable to attend. For a fiver odd a month I think it`s good value, the commentary is very easy on the ears and pretty balanced. Extended highlights and opportunity to view the full game, exclusive interviews with the management and players plus press conferences and assorted other features provides all the Hibs coverage you really need. To be honest, it`s worth the fiver a month not to have to watch Sportscene or listen to Sportsound.

xyz23jc
07-04-2018, 06:48 PM
I subscribe as it`s come in handy for occasions I`ve been unable to attend. For a fiver odd a month I think it`s good value, the commentary is very easy on the ears and pretty balanced. Extended highlights and opportunity to view the full game, exclusive interviews with the management and players plus press conferences and assorted other features provides all the Hibs coverage you really need. To be honest, it`s worth the fiver a month not to have to watch Sportscene or listen to Sportsound.

This! Most definitely! :agree:

Greenbeard
07-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Cheers all. Sold to the boy wi the green beard!

DTS
07-04-2018, 07:53 PM
I subscribe but I’ve never once used it to listen to an away game obviously at every home game and most away games. I think for £5 it’s worth it considering you get great highlights and full press conferences. Overseas sub is brilliant for when on holiday and missing games as I will be for the last 2 potentially 3 games of the season as I’m in Thailand from may 6th. For £7.99 I’ll be able to see a home game if I miss one and probably the away game unless it’s ibrox as they don’t allow us to use their camera stream

mca
07-04-2018, 08:13 PM
Pity you can't just buy a Monthly via paypal or the likes..

Can't quite remember who it was but my brother paid a months subscription to some team just because Hibs were playing them in the cup.. cost like a fiver to listen to the game..

Seem to remember that Hibs Tv weren't at the game ?? for the life of me i can't remember who it was now..

Someone posted a Link on here and we clicked it and used a Buy it now kinda thing and was listening within minutes...

Hibs Tv seems kinda complicated for just watching or listening to the one match..

DTS
07-04-2018, 08:19 PM
Pity you can't just buy a Monthly via paypal or the likes..

Can't quite remember who it was but my brother paid a months subscription to some team just because Hibs were playing them in the cup.. cost like a fiver to listen to the game..

Seem to remember that Hibs Tv weren't at the game ?? for the life of me i can't remember who it was now..

Someone posted a Link on here and we clicked it and used a Buy it now kinda thing and was listening within minutes...

Hibs Tv seems kinda complicated for just watching or listening to the one match..

Its really not too bad at all, email, password, card details and can cancel at any point

SChibs
07-04-2018, 08:24 PM
Listen mate, felt much the same as yerself, countless afternoons listenin tae absolute sh*** fae BBC wi Preston & Gordon, if at all!! Drive ye mad in the long run!!! Finally, if reluctantly, bit the bullet and purchased HIBSTV subscription, a measly £6, NIGHT & DAY in terms of Hibee related stuff, excellent coverage of ALL things Hibs, Interviews, Updates, old footage and all helping the Hibees to PREVAIL!!!! As for the probs with feed etc, they seem to be pretty good as far as rectifying things in that respect, it's always a risk whatever you do nowadays in terms of purchase v performance, modern times etc, but rest assured you won't regret it...Plus it's all money for Hibs to get ahead!!! GGTTH :thumbsup:

Speaking of 'preston'. I speak to a jambo at work he bumped into Alan preston right after hibs got relegated. He said hibs were finished. Entirely. How wrong that man was. I like to remind him every time I see him or his name mentioned. He thought hibs were finished. But we aren't.

IncredibleHibee
07-04-2018, 08:24 PM
I've been subscribed for more than a 2 years and within that time I've only ever experienced one 'feed issue' which was fixed pretty quickly. I would highly highly recommend it.

Greenfly
07-04-2018, 08:43 PM
I've subscribed for many years - way back to the early Radio Hibs days as living where I do I can only get to a handful of games each year. If you want non-partisan subjective analysis, forget it. If you want some passion and unashamedly biased commentary it's great. I regularly have connectivity problems but that's down to the pathetic bandwidth where I live. Occasionally they've had to do the commentary by mobile phone when their feed has crashed or no proper line available but even then they've done their best to keep it going. It means you can get commentary on virtually every game including friendlies, group stage League Cup etc. when you'd get nothing on Radio Scotland. One minor criticism is that sometimes the commentary is obviously geared to TV rather than radio so there are occasions when the audio lacks a bit of detail. There have been occasions when you're left wondering for 10 seconds if the opposition have actually scored or just missed but there's never any doubt when Hibs score! All in all, it's a superb service and worth every penny when you can't get to the game. Sign up - you won't regret it.

Centre Hawf
07-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Cliff’s commentary is top notch. Analysis from either Danny or Keith and John is insightful and while it does have a natural Hibs bias there is room for realism too. Its called as its seen and I respect that a lot.

KWJ
07-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Does all the money for HibsTV go to the club?

Hibbyradge
07-04-2018, 09:34 PM
I've subscribed for years.

I love it for all the interviews, and it only costs about £1 a week.

IberianHibernian
07-04-2018, 10:01 PM
A great service . I only watch the home matches and the away ones shown for overseas fans . Have very few technical problems - ironically matches were constantly interrupted in early days when we were paying almost as much as an adult ST at ER ( not meant as a criticism of those who started Hibernian International TV and their successors ) . I enjoy Hibs slanted commentary ( normal when you don`t speak to any other Hibbies during the week ) but don`t want commentary to be ridiculously biassed ( a couple of friends who`ve watched games on Hibs TV after I`ve recommended it have commented they thought it was a bit too biassed , in Championship days I liked Raith and St Mirren commentaries for example ) . Like Danny Galbraith`s co commentary this season and thought Kevin Harper was good before too . Found Boozie a bit annoying at times mainly because I couldn`t understand half of what he was saying but his enthusiasm was much appreciated .

jabis
07-04-2018, 10:24 PM

Really enjoy Richard Gordon et all giving it laldy
Each to their own.

Big90inOz
07-04-2018, 11:16 PM
Fantastic service, must be approx 15 yrs since it started and it gets better every year.

esjorto
07-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Great,great service.
I first got on about 16 years ago. A bit shaky back in the early days, but is now first class with no techy problems, great HD picture nd wonderful commentary.
Highly recommended.

Curried
08-04-2018, 06:29 AM
As many posters have said it was a bit unreliable in the in the early days, but it's now a slick and almost problem-free service. If you live OS, an annual subscription is a must for any Hibby.

KingFranck
08-04-2018, 06:36 AM
I’ll echo what most fans have already said. It’s worth the money for the live coverage and video content.
If we have been at the match on the Saturday, we get up on a Sunday and the match highlights and reruns are there ready ( I think after midnight on Saturday)
You get all the interviews in full and development match highlights too.
It’s a no brainer mate.

Oscar T Grouch
08-04-2018, 06:39 AM
As well as live commentary or video if you’re abroad, you also get access to an amazing archive of videos. Well worth the money just for the many Netflix type binges you can have of Hibs.

PeeJay
08-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Honest opinions?

If you are based in the UK you will have access to live audio of all games home and away with - IMO - an excellent broadcasting team! Lots of video highlights of current and past games are also available, well worth checking out are the player/manager interviews pre/post match etc.

If you want to watch live video of the games in the UK you need a workaround - using, e.g. a VPN - as mentioned elsewhere - there are issues in involved in doing that, stream may suffer - I don't use one myself as I'm abroad ...

In the "early days" of the service it was often hit and miss whether a broadcast started, lasted or finished properly - those days have long since passed - live stream quality is generally excellent - I have next to no problems (stream goes down on rare occasion, but usually it is fixed promptly) -

An excellent service for HIbs fans - and if the game is not very good there is always Cliff's half-time pie report :greengrin.

Billy Whizz
08-04-2018, 09:41 AM
I have the annual subscription. I go to the matches, so don’t use the international service
Get a few extra things, like full match coverage, behind the goal shots etc
Never have any issues with it, but probably could do with a few more things to make it better value for money for me

cocteautwin
08-04-2018, 09:58 AM
Definitely worth the subscription. Doesn’t always work for me but I think it’s more to do with the internet connections I have living in some strange locations all year round. Never properly works in China, Japan is normally ok. Didn’t work in Lithuania midweek for video. Audio was fine yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibbiesandtheBaddies
08-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Cliff’s commentary is top notch. Analysis from either Danny or Keith and John is insightful and while it does have a natural Hibs bias there is room for realism too. Its called as its seen and I respect that a lot.

Agree with this.

Gregor
08-04-2018, 04:57 PM
It's excellent. Well worth the money. Live coverage it excellent, both audio and video. Some other clubs are allowing Hibs.TV to use their video streams (or if the game is delayed coverage for Alba) then you're getting more away video coverage that you used to as well.

Not only that - and not referred to much here - but the on-demand content is also superb. Interviews, press conferences, Dev squad games, Ladies team games, previous matches in full. Just brilliant. Not had to listen to Sportsound or any other scheidt like that in ages.

Forza Fred
08-04-2018, 10:35 PM
As many posters have said it was a bit unreliable in the in the early days, but it's now a slick and almost problem-free service. If you live OS, an annual subscription is a must for any Hibby.

This, although for two years now I have been meaning to upgrade from a rolling monthly subscription to an annual one.

This interweb thingy really does make it a lot easier to follow the Hibees at the other end of the world😂

Squirrel 1875
08-04-2018, 10:38 PM
Well worth the money.

cjward2
09-04-2018, 01:34 AM
I’ll add my two cents worth. I’ve subscribed for years, ever since Hibs started doing audio/video.
I have rarely has connection issues and the video feeds have been great - especially when Hibs TV taps into the Alba or BT sports camera feeds, but uses Cliff and his team for commentators. I like the interviews pre and pst match. If you are a Hibbie living out with Scotland, I would say it’s a must have. I can’t own a season ticket, but I can subscribe to Hibs TV and feel a part of the Hibs family even though I am on the other side of the world.
It’s a great resource, and I appreciate all the folks who are involved in putting it together.
:flag:

HoboHarry
09-04-2018, 01:40 AM
For anyone living abroad it's invaluable and I have no connection issues, seems to always work just fine. Worth every penny and I'd rather give up wine than Hibs TV.......

FilipinoHibs
09-04-2018, 01:42 AM
Honest opinions?

Been living in Asia for 3 and half years. keeps me sane and the highlight of my eeek.

Northernhibee
09-04-2018, 07:44 AM
The commentary for the last five minutes of the cup final sums up how we all felt that day.

HibeesLA
09-04-2018, 06:04 PM
For anyone living abroad it's invaluable and I have no connection issues, seems to always work just fine. Worth every penny and I'd rather give up wine than Hibs TV.......

Absolutely invaluable. Like any internet service, there have been issues, but they have been few and far between. The last major one I had, was something local and nothing to do with Hibs or their service provider.

Always fun to play a bit of Cliff Commentary Bingo as well, my personal favourite - "high, wide and mighty"

NZ Green
10-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Ive had it for about a year, really good quality feed and you get some away games streamed live too. I think most of the problems reported are on the user end. It lost connection once for a couple of minutes (Maclaren goal against hearts!), but thats the only time Ive seen it do so.

GreenLake
10-04-2018, 01:27 PM
HibsTV has a very good HD video stream almost every game now and the commentary team is better than any on regular TV.

Jamesie
15-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Send a subscription as a gift about 15 minutes ago but the recipient hasn't received the gift code - any idea how long it usually takes to come through?

Billy
15-04-2018, 11:29 AM
Send a subscription as a gift about 15 minutes ago but the recipient hasn't received the gift code - any idea how long it usually takes to come through?

Check your spam folder, it may be in there.

Jamesie
15-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Check your spam folder, it may be in there.

Cheers Billy - nothing there unfortunately. Got a payment receipt but nothing further. I'll get in touch with HibsTV if nothing comes in this afternoon.

Dashing Bob S
15-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Lived abroad for many years and still travel with work. Absolutely essential setvice for me. Though I miss ER when I’m not there on game day, I have to admit that there are frozen winters nights when I’m glad I’m watching on my laptop from a sunny hotel balcony ogling some two-piece bathing costumed filly rather than waiting on the East to clear and the bitterly cold trek home via the pub. Just sometimes though.

AZhibee
15-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Annual subscription is my season ticket. My connections have been good. Watched the occasional game in the middle of the desert on an iPhone!

Billy
15-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Cheers Billy - nothing there unfortunately. Got a payment receipt but nothing further. I'll get in touch with HibsTV if nothing comes in this afternoon.

I've dropped you a pm :thumbsup:

Jamesie
15-04-2018, 06:16 PM
I've dropped you a pm :thumbsup:

Cheers Billy - code now safely received! :thumbsup:

JimP
16-04-2018, 06:46 PM
Have subscribed for many years and could not live without it.