PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho - hit or flop at United

theonlywayisup
07-04-2018, 05:31 PM
A few months ago I asked "Klopp - not or flop". Since then Jurgen has done well.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?325238-Klopp-Hit-or-Flop&p=5199683#post5199683

Same question for Mourinho at Man United.

Sorry - tablet won't allow me to post a poll.

Michael
07-04-2018, 05:42 PM
Has to win the title next season IMO. Done okay so far.

Pete
07-04-2018, 05:49 PM
Erm, can I answer in half an hour or so?

Pretty Boy
07-04-2018, 05:50 PM
He's probably getting a luxury few others will get in the EPL and that's time.

He's done ok so far but likely has to win something meaningful next season or he may find the time isn't infinite.

Sauzee16
07-04-2018, 06:02 PM
Hit and will prove it.

SlickShoes
07-04-2018, 06:02 PM
He's done fine compared to the previous 2 managers, but if its the exact same next season he's been a flop.

Just Jimmy
07-04-2018, 06:57 PM
utd support is split. his style of football is generally detested.

I don't like him much but I reckon he's probably the best around at challenging city atm. however that comes around.

if they don't really push next season he'll probably go at some point. highest finish since SAF and won trophies in his first season and still have the chance of one this year.

he's a mixed bag I guess.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ryan69
07-04-2018, 06:59 PM
utd support is split. his style of football is generally detested.

I don't like him much but I reckon he's probably the best around at challenging city atm. however that comes around.

if they don't really push next season he'll probably go at some point. highest finish since SAF and won trophies in his first season and still have the chance of one this year.

he's a mixed bag I guess.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Based on league position last year and this year...Flop!

Apart from his time at Porto,anytime hes won anything....He has spent by far the most!

Onion
07-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Spent force who's best days are behind him.

Does and says things now to appear interesting, clinging onto the memories when folk used to take him seriously.

southsider
07-04-2018, 07:10 PM
No great lover of City but had a stone wall penalty disallowed near the end. Total disgrace. Jose has turned from a 'breath of fresh air' to being a total prick.

hibbydog
08-04-2018, 10:08 AM
No great lover of City but had a stone wall penalty disallowed near the end. Total disgrace. Jose has turned from a 'breath of fresh air' to being a total prick.

This.

His arrogance was quite funny when he first came but that’s more than 10 years ago and it’s just annoying now. Hasn’t been a great success at Utd and is being overtaken by younger, more adventurous coaches.

Nowadays he’s more bell end than box office.

ekhibee
08-04-2018, 10:30 AM
Yep, and IMO Young should've been sent off too. Shocking tackle.

pollution
08-04-2018, 11:22 AM
He's Portuguese, what do you expect for a so called translator. He is well balanced, though. A chip on each shoulder.

blackpoolhibs
08-04-2018, 12:27 PM
I have never thought he was a Man U manager, they expect quality football played with style.

Should have just appointed Tony Pullis and gave him a sunbed and a hair transplant.

Seveno
08-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Just not the sort of manager that fits with United. They should have gone for Pochettino.

BlackSheep
08-04-2018, 01:49 PM
As far as I’m concerned he has done enough to merit more time, which is exactly what a team needs when rebuilding after a rubbish spell, and what most owners do not give these days.... more to come from United I feel.

GreenNWhiteArmy
08-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Style of play is not conducive to Manchester United. A club with historical links to a certain style.

Ironically he was the perfect man for the job when fergie left as others have mentioned above. He'd have kept that fear factor of Old Trafford.

Now though his methods are out dated and how much longer will the fans at OT accept surrending possession at home to the likes of Liverpool and city in the hope of scrapping a result?

Personally, and I follow United as my "third team" after hibs and Scotland. I'd punt him at the end of the season and bring in Ancelotti until next summer when Pochettino is more likely to leave spurs if they cant challenge next season or giggs is showing huge potential

One Day Soon
08-04-2018, 02:10 PM
I think he's getting there. Next season will tell.

where'stheslope
08-04-2018, 02:34 PM
It is not as easy to win the league against a fellow Manchester team who's manager declares he has no player budget, just buy whoever you want money no option!!!
It is becoming the same in England as it is up here, with one club getting further in front year on year!!!
The only way it is going to change is if EPL or SPFL implodes and we all have to start again, sorry but that will not happen!!!!!!

Famous Fiver
08-04-2018, 03:20 PM
I listen a fair bit to TalkSport.Some of their more hysterical presenters have been promoting an agenda of player unrest, dull, defensive tactics, surly attitudes, Mourinho a relic of negative football, cannot influence games with substitutions. You name the criticism, they make it.

I've not listened today but will take a mild interest over the next few days in whether they were maybe a tad too enthusiastic in writing Mourinho off.

jacomo
08-04-2018, 04:02 PM
I listen a fair bit to TalkSport.Some of their more hysterical presenters have been promoting an agenda of player unrest, dull, defensive tactics, surly attitudes, Mourinho a relic of negative football, cannot influence games with substitutions. You name the criticism, they make it.

I've not listened today but will take a mild interest over the next few days in whether they were maybe a tad too enthusiastic in writing Mourinho off.

TalkSport should be called Talk*****e.

Mourinho won two trophies in his first season and got the club back into the Champions League.

He’d be on course for his customary 2nd season league title, were it not for his nemesis Pep.

As for the rest... of course he has spent a huge amount of money, employed eye-bleeding tactics and acted like a total bellend. He is Jose Mourinho. Surely people know what to expect by now?

J-C
08-04-2018, 04:03 PM
His tactics are not what Man U fans want, far to defensive minded by playing 2 DM's. They have some very good players but his man management is a bit suspect, he regularly starts to lose the dressing room with public criticism of certain players, Luke Shaw being one this year, seemingly a few senior players are unhappy with the way he's been treated.

08-04-2018, 04:04 PM
Find it difficult to care too much about these super clubs to be honest.

jacomo
08-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Find it difficult to care too much about these super clubs to be honest.

I’m with you there.

The whole circus has become ridiculous.

There’s a World Cup in a few months but I’m struggling to care, because elite football has destroyed a lot of the joy.

snooky
08-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Anyone following SAF is on a hiding to nothing. You have to surpass his record to be deemed"successful"

SirDavidsNapper
08-04-2018, 05:29 PM
Looks like they are better now than before he came

Michael
08-04-2018, 05:33 PM
Anyone following SAF is on a hiding to nothing. You have to surpass his record to be deemed"successful"

One league title would be considered successful IMO.

jacomo
08-04-2018, 07:57 PM
Looks like they are better now than before he came

Hmm. He’s spent £300m. They bloody well should be.