PDA

View Full Version : Our players kicked up and down the pitch every week

eastcoasthibby
07-04-2018, 05:16 PM
After hearing Brendan Rogers go on and on about the challenge on Scott Brown last week(and I dont for a minute think anything other than it was a vindictive challenge ). Just wonder how he would be going on if hemanaged is and saw the way our players are kicked up and down the park every game. There are vindictive challenges, premeditated fouling, players getting wiped out, thigh high challenges, kicks after the ball has gone, constant fouling, cynical fouls, etc, etc....to be honest I am sick of what I have seen this season in the premediated antics that other teams are being coached, directed and instructed to carry out on our players and referees.donothing about it ...Lennon gets it tight for complaining week in week out, Rogers has a go once and appears tobe listened to ... the difference is he controls an influential team and we get done every week if it was.old firm players the same.wouldnt be happening ...

Souter96Mac
07-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Today was shocking, how there was only the one yellow card, which I think shouldve been a straight red,is beyond me.

cabbageandribs1875
07-04-2018, 05:29 PM
2 yellows for ross co players today but by the sound of things draper could easily have got a 2nd yellow

JimBHibees
07-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Absolutely brutal reffing. They know what they are doing. Thought Madden was weak in the derby and sounds like no better today. Part of getting Rangers in Europe.

HIGHLANDLEITHER
07-04-2018, 05:40 PM
Absolutely brutal reffing. They know what they are doing. Thought Madden was weak in the derby and sounds like no better today. Part of getting Rangers in Europe.
I was there and you are spot on.

xyz23jc
07-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I was there and you are spot on.

Even on the commentary, disbelief at the challenges meted out to Hibs players alongside the decisions given for and against Hibs. As someone else remarked, all part of ensuring The ******* survival!!! Corrupt#

ancient hibee
07-04-2018, 07:05 PM
Jim Craig )ex Celtic) was interviewed about the Scott Brown tackle and said that the worst one he had seen this season was Alston’s on McGinn.

snooky
07-04-2018, 09:17 PM

This has been the agenda from the first fixture of the season. "Get Rangers into Europe". I said it then and I say it now it's blatantly obvious.

Jack
07-04-2018, 09:22 PM
You forgot about the rota opposition teams have when fouling our players to reduce the likelihood of cards

Nevi_SOL
07-04-2018, 10:50 PM
Jim Craig )ex Celtic) was interviewed about the Scott Brown tackle and said that the worst one he had seen this season was Alston’s on McGinn.

That was a bad one, but remember that Cochrane’s one on Mcginn at ER, unbelievable he never got a red

Keith_M
08-04-2018, 09:29 AM
It's amazing the difference a decent referee makes to our results.

We struggle a lot more when the Ref fails to clamp down on the other side's dirty tactics but, when they do clamp down, we can actually play our game as we intend and inevitably win.

The last four games have been a case in point, with stronger refs in the Hamilton and Partick games (two wins) bookended with two draws in which our players were allowed to be kicked up and down the park

lord bunberry
08-04-2018, 09:30 AM
I think we’re the most fouled team in the league.

Eyrie
08-04-2018, 10:12 AM
I think we’re the most fouled team in the league.

I think we'd be second to Celtc.

They will have more possession than we do and, being an Ugly Sister, will get more protection from the referees.

lord bunberry
08-04-2018, 10:18 AM
I think we'd be second to Celtc.

They will have more possession than we do and, being an Ugly Sister, will get more protection from the referees.
I’ve not seen any stats on it, but I’m sure I heard Lennon mention it in one of hibs post match interviews.

where'stheslope
08-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Have said it many times, referees are played by players to see what they can get away with?
If the referee seems lenient, they continue with the tactics till the referee finally cards a player!!
Watched the Yams game on Alba last night and Beaton was played like a fiddle at times by both sets of players, and it only stopped when he started carding!!!!!

SChibs
08-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I believe it's been confirmed we are the most fouled team in the league

cabbageandribs1875
08-04-2018, 02:47 PM
from mid january

most yellow cards- 55 hertz
most red cards- 5 hertz
most fouls committed - 323 hertz
most fouls suffered - 311 Hibs
most fouled player - 62 John McGinn

most corners - 172 Hibs
most points gained from losing positions - 14 Hibs
most blocks - 6 Paul Hanlon
most clearances - 40 Berra hertz
most interceptions per 90 mins - 8.61 Darren McGregor Hibs

Hibee Mac
08-04-2018, 03:17 PM
The so called "professional foul" is a blight on our game and has to be the most enfuriating thing to endure as a fan.

Teams can sit deep and break, then when we counter-break they simply commit a blatant, sometimes dangerous, professional foul preventing what are usually our best looking opportunities of the game.

At the top level you will maybe see this once/twice per game max, up here it is commonplace to see 5+ against us every game it's a joke and it all stems from gutless refereeing and the non-footballing mindset of half the teams in Scotland.

Dub
08-04-2018, 04:17 PM

You're not suggesting that former ibrox season ticket holder Madden is a cheat are you?

snooky
08-04-2018, 05:25 PM
I believe it's been confirmed we are the most fouled team in the league

And that's just the ones that are given. What about the ones that aren't? Count them and we'd be right of the graph.

One Day Soon
08-04-2018, 05:28 PM
The one that drives me nuts - and it seems to happen to us all the time now - is the opposition player standing right in front of the ball when we are given a free kick and the referee doing eff all about it.

WeeRussell
08-04-2018, 05:32 PM
We’ve had more than our fair share of niggly and cynical fouls throughout the season but none of them on the level of that assault on Brown’s wee fellaes.

Regardless of anyone’s thoughts on him as a player, that was on a different scale and the boy responsible should still be serving a lengthy ban now.

Famous Fiver
09-04-2018, 05:31 PM
Interesting that BBC highlights show neither of the Ross County bookings which by all accounts, were pretty cynical fouls.

Is the Beeb in on keeping the high foul count against Hibs as quiet as possible?

Cardinal Hibernian
09-04-2018, 05:48 PM
Interesting that BBC highlights show neither of the Ross County bookings which by all accounts, were pretty cynical fouls.

Is the Beeb in on keeping the high foul count against Hibs as quiet as possible?I don't often check out the official Hibs website but when I did so this morning the 'cover photo' for the report of Saturday's game was a picture of Efe in full flow with his shirt being pulled back by a County player. Top marks to the photographer for capturing that - must have been in a split second - but the clear gaze of the County player reveals the deliberate act of a sly tug as Efe was passed him. I guess this type of thing happens all the time in professional football. However, I am getting absolutely sick of it this season.

Now this Hibs team can stand up for itself - much of the steel injected by Neil Lennon - and can usually still play football but the injustices from inadequate referees on a weekly basis is a disgrace to Scottish football.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
09-04-2018, 05:52 PM
One of the biggest faults is the inability of refs to tell the difference between a foul committed while making a tackle and a foul when there is no intention of playing the ball.