PDA

View Full Version : What is the most cringe worthy thread or post you have put up in hindsight?

spike220
07-04-2018, 02:54 AM
Your chance to confess your past poor posts on Hibs net.

Mine were:
Kajabi- thinking he was the best thing sliced break after one decent run down the wing. (I recall Hibsbollah was ecxited too!)
Starting the thread for that SC cup final
Thinking Terry Butcher would be a good appointment

However
I stil stand by all my Gary Deegan posts

SouthMoroccoStu
07-04-2018, 03:06 AM
I was delighted with Colin Calderwoods appointment

Jones28
07-04-2018, 06:57 AM
I've had some pretty cringey ones from a few years ago.

Although my recent thread about Aberdeen accepting compensation for DM is up there.

Billy Whizz
07-04-2018, 07:01 AM

Mine were:
Kajabi- thinking he was the best thing sliced break after one decent run down the wing. (I recall Hibsbollah was ecxited too!)

However

Good thread, probably loads. I’ll have a think on the bus up to Dingwall

Broken Gnome
07-04-2018, 07:39 AM
If the culprits, and there's many of them, had any sort of self-decency then this should be a sea of apologies for atrocious song compositions.

And every pun thread.

Keith_M
07-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Fortunately I have NEVER posted anything stupid.

:greengrin

Northernhibee
07-04-2018, 07:55 AM
That Shefki Kuqi had the potential to be the new Sauzee.

hibsbollah
07-04-2018, 08:30 AM

Mine were:

However

Thanks for that Spike, you're off the Christmas list :grr:

Heres the offending thread in all its gory glory
http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?227507-Kujabi&highlight=kujabi

I think i also confidently predicted there would be no snow at the Killie League cup final:violin:It took me years to restart the weather forecast.

Frazerbob
07-04-2018, 08:37 AM
I absolutely slaughtered Neil Lennon after the Bronby home tie. ‘Not Hibs class’ was definitely used. How wrong could I be!!!

rotherhamrob
07-04-2018, 08:51 AM
I didn't start the thread but I was happy when we signed butcher and was sure he'd make us better.
I also wasn't happy about signing neil lennon so you can all think yourselves lucky that I have nothing to do with running our fantastic club😎😎

Rocky
07-04-2018, 08:52 AM

I think i also confidently predicted there would be no snow at the Killie League cup final:violin:It took me years to restart the weather forecast.

That thread is absolutely glorious and it's a mark of how far we've come that it just makes me smile, no bitterness or resentment. Which is weird cos apparently we died as a club a few months later.

Smartie
07-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Anyone remember the kickback tribute to Rolf Harris from before he got into trouble?

It was sheer internet comedy gold once his misdeeds had come to light.

lord bunberry
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
Too many to mention from me. :greengrin

hibsbollah
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
That thread is absolutely glorious and it's a mark of how far we've come that it just makes me smile, no bitterness or resentment. Which is weird cos apparently we died as a club a few months later.

I did have a good giggle reading it. Im just grateful other posters were similarly hoodwinked (i still remember the piece of skill on the sideline though, wee genius that he was :greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
07-04-2018, 09:22 AM
I said signing Feruz was a statement of intent 🙈

Pretty Boy
07-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Too many to mention. Of my 34K or so posts I'd say about 15K are 'in' or 'got it' relating to buses, competitions etc, 1000 or so relate to admin stuff, about 17900 are total nonsense and that leaves about 100 worth reading and that's being generous.

The reactionary and emotional nature of football means everyone is going to have a few they'd rather forget. I'd say anyone who tries to hard to rationalise football is missing out tbh.

07-04-2018, 09:41 AM
Every single post including this one

R'Albin
07-04-2018, 10:05 AM
Unfortunately since I decided to sign up at such a young age, the vast majority.

I'm sure there's a few others on the same boat.

Eyrie
07-04-2018, 10:24 AM
I think this may be my first post that doesn't count towards my running total.

Although I could be wrong.

Wilson
07-04-2018, 10:38 AM
Probably describing Sauzee as a mercenary when I was younger and sillier.

Referring to Lewis as a Jonah because all the managers who stuck with him got emptied - when I was less young but no less silly.

Very recently describing Kamberi and Maclaren as bang average. I mean - when you consider the average - they are clearly above that!

I'll let Lennon pick the players...

I make no apologies for any post on a pun thread however.

lord bunberry
07-04-2018, 10:39 AM
I wake up most mornings and check this site with dread to see what drink fulled pish I’ve posted from the previous night.

ChrissyG1875
07-04-2018, 10:39 AM

Mine were:

However

To be fair that was a sensational run down the wing

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Oh crap. This a skeleton stuffed cupboard that's way too painful to examine in detail. So without checking back I'll plead to welcoming Butcher - pretty sure I'm bang to rights on that one - though I'm sure I'll have far worse than that too.

Wouldn't it be a lot more comfortable all round to have a thread on 'What is the best thread or post you have put up in hindsight'? Or 'What is the best thread or post on .net in hindsight'?

ChrissyG1875
07-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Whilst I do believe people exaggerate how bad Thierry Gathuessi was, I might have gone a tad too much in the other direction :greengrin

To be fair i was about 13

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibbyradge
07-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Too many to mention from me. :greengrin

I'm in the same boat.

How do I judge the most cringe worthy out of such a large collection?

What metrics are we using?

IGRIGI
07-04-2018, 11:12 AM
When Marciano had the horror show at Pittodrie I demanded Laidlaw play in the next game forgetting that he was out for god knows how long injured.

Billychaotic182
07-04-2018, 11:12 AM
Paul Hanlon is a bomb scare. How I cringe and regret it!

07-04-2018, 11:17 AM
Is there an archive anywhere of the old rivals.net board. Would be interesting to read.

Sauzee16
07-04-2018, 11:23 AM
Probably my posts on the board meeting thread. Ripped to shreds without checking my facts.

WeeRussell
07-04-2018, 11:33 AM
The one I’m about to post wishing our neighbours from the other end the very best of luck in their match today ;)

matty_f
07-04-2018, 11:58 AM
I once sent Blackpool Hibs a lengthy PM guaranteeing that Calderwood would come good in the end.

You could take any posts about Butcher before the point where it was completely apparent to everyone else that he was the problem, and even then I think I still stuck up for him a bit.

There will be thousands of my posts that are brutal, to be honest.

Bishop Hibee
07-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Think I commented after beating Ross Couny at home under Butcher we’d never be relegated. I also thought Heffernan would be a great signing for us but unfortunately he was past it. I’m sure there’s plenty more!

Steve20
07-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Saying that Butcher would be a good appointment.

Person that came up with 'Yam' to use to describe Hearts should be on here.

Diclonius
07-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately since I decided to sign up at such a young age, the vast majority.

I'm sure there's a few others on the same boat.

Likewise. I joined at 15 so there'll no doubt be plenty lost in the mists of time.

Jones28
07-04-2018, 12:27 PM
Likewise. I joined at 15 so there'll no doubt be plenty lost in the mists of time.

Same boat

Michael
07-04-2018, 12:42 PM
I think the winner has to be whoever started the "can we put this relegation playoff nonsense to bed?" thread.

basehibby
07-04-2018, 12:50 PM
I was delighted with Colin Calderwoods appointment

Yeah - I remember sticking up for the board's decision to KB an approach for Calderwood in the close season :doh:. They were actually offering MONEY to take him off our hands as well :rolleyes:

FilipinoHibs
07-04-2018, 12:56 PM
I didn't start the thread but I was happy when we signed butcher and was sure he'd make us better.
I also wasn't happy about signing neil lennon so you can all think yourselves lucky that I have nothing to do with running our fantastic club😎😎

me too happy when we signed Butcher. In another life predicted Hearts would go bust; the dot com bubble bursting; the credit crisis with banks and countries going bust. People laughed at all if them.

hibbydog
07-04-2018, 01:08 PM
I defended Pat Fenlon fiercely when things started to go pear shaped for him.

To be fair, I was only 33 at the time.

hibsbollah
07-04-2018, 01:29 PM
It's not the same as a thread, but I'm fairly sure I came up with the put down 'unseen work', which now seems to be a 'thing' and is now actually someone's name on here :greengrin

07-04-2018, 01:30 PM
It's not the same as a thread, but I'm fairly sure I came up with the put down 'unseen work', which now seems to be a 'thing' and is now actually someone's name on here :greengrin

Don’t worry it was an unseen post.

cleanyman
07-04-2018, 01:33 PM
None

Orchard_Hibs
07-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Saying we should sack Stubbs before the play offs and cup final (face palm)

I have said other equally terrible things, I did however suggest jack Ross might be a decent manager.

Iggy Pope
07-04-2018, 01:58 PM
I stuck up for Calderwood when he basically asked Dougan to shut up at his first AGM.
With hindsight I'd be jumping in to have him outside.

I also welcomed Butcher as the best we could get. He was probably the worst.

HSL got it tight after a derby ticket debacle. Not their fault. I still contribute in perpetuity.

Years and years (and years) ago I attempted a lengthy demographic about our supporters and their culture. Ill advised flag debate ensued.

I try not to get in trouble about making pledges I cant back up about English sides I've never seen in my puff, be it sitting in baths of beans or selling the Big Issue and I've never put the Relegation Nonsense to Bed.

07-04-2018, 02:05 PM
I stuck up for Calderwood when he basically asked Dougan to shut up at his first AGM.

WTF? What’s the story behind this?

Is It On....
07-04-2018, 02:17 PM
John McGinn not being as good as he thought he was. Did it in early hours after a few juices and woke up to see a barrage of "banter". 😂😂

Iggy Pope
07-04-2018, 02:25 PM
WTF? What’s the story behind this?

Before Fans Reps of course.

Dougan remarked to Calderwood (during Managers questions) that East Mains should be opened up for fans to view training.

Calderwood rightly asked if he or anyone else there would be comfortable with him turning up at their work to have an opinion on it.

No more detail please.

Ta.

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 02:59 PM
This thread is going to need its own resident priest to deliver absolution and penance.

heretoday
07-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Probably a tearful one at four in the morning - wine soaking through the keyboard.

Swedish hibee
07-04-2018, 03:40 PM
I stand by everything I write, despite personnel abuse back at me. Water. Ducks. Back and all that.
But on the train through to Hampden, I did say Gray shouldn't be captain next season as we gave up too easy..... Those on here who were in the conversation never let me forget my words! I like to think I inspired that performance😆

emerald green
07-04-2018, 04:23 PM
I defended Pat Fenlon fiercely when things started to go pear shaped for him.

To be fair, I was only 33 at the time.

The bit in bold - :greengrin :top marks

As for myself, don't know where to begin tbh. If I ever posted anything good about Butcher & Malpas I regret that enormously.

Stevie Reid
07-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Think my worst was predicting that Matt Thornhill would be very good for us. Previous to that, being excited about Michael Hart signing!

Hibbyradge
07-04-2018, 05:28 PM
I defended Bobby Williamson till the very end.

The thing is, I'm loyal to everyone associated with Hibs.

I'm not even sure I jumped on the Butcher out bandwagon, but I don't think I defended him.

The real cringe worthy posts are done when emotions are running high as is the alcohol content in our veins.

TelaStella
07-04-2018, 06:38 PM
Embarrassing but although I knew he was a solid player I was never too happy when we first signed Daz given his time at rangers, pathetic really. I also genuinely thought we’d challenge for the league in 2013/14 with Butcher but instead we got relegated and couldn’t even make the play off final. Who knew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My_Wife_Camille
07-04-2018, 07:28 PM
Lennon is a fraud :cb

Mr White
07-04-2018, 07:36 PM

What took you so long? This threads been up for ages :greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
07-04-2018, 07:44 PM
What took you so long? This threads been up for ages :greengrin
That’s my legacy 😂

Mcpakeisgod
07-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Not a thread or post. But my username is a bit cringe

Mr White
07-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Not a thread or post. But my username is a bit cringe

Easy enough to change it if you want?

Glory Lurker
07-04-2018, 09:32 PM
I’ve started a fair few threads that have got no, or as good as no, responses at all. My problem is that i’m so concise and right folk realise there’s nothing to add, and can’t disagree with me.

Er :clown:

Hibbyradge
07-04-2018, 09:35 PM
I’ve started a fair few threads that have got no, or as good as no, responses at all. My problem is that i’m so concise and right folk realise there’s nothing to add, and can’t disagree with me.

This.

Danderhall Hibs
07-04-2018, 09:41 PM

Same here mate. My speciality is having the final comment on threads. It’s like everyone reads it and thinks “yip, he’s nailed it. Let’s move on.”

Glory Lurker
07-04-2018, 09:45 PM
Same here mate. My speciality is having the final comment on threads. It’s like everyone reads it and thinks “yip, he’s nailed it. Let’s move on.”

:faf: I do that, too!

spike220
08-04-2018, 08:32 AM

That reads even more cringeworthy than I remember.

Squirrel 1875
08-04-2018, 08:48 AM

I can assure you that there are plenty more where that came from. You could probably fill this thread yourself singlehandedly :agree:

My_Wife_Camille
08-04-2018, 10:09 AM
I can assure you that there are plenty more where that came from. You could probably fill this thread yourself singlehandedly :agree:
Squirrel 1872. Hun roaster imo. Please dispatch.

Onceinawhile
08-04-2018, 11:06 PM
I'd have put a slightly less cringe title on my thread which is in the vault. Think it's called Callum Elliot dancing LMAO.

No need for the end bit.