PDA

View Full Version : Hibs recent ascendancy over Hearts

madhibby
06-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Hibs attendances at Easter Road have increased markedly over the last two years (even if the counting of tickets sold rather than fans in the ground makes the increase seem higher than it actually is?)

The Scottish Cup win seems to have been the catalyst for the new found belief of Hibs fans. Our recent successes against Hearts also seems to have added to fans confidence in the team. And we do compete with the Old Firm whenever we play them.

My question is has this lead to more potential fans in the City (and surrounding area) choosing Hibs rather than Hearts?

I don’t live in Edinburgh so I find it difficult to gauge if this is the case? My observations are we do seem to have a younger support that Hearts - thats just by comparing the crowd at Tynecastle when I’m there as a Hibs fan with what Easter Road crowds seem to be. And our singing section seems much more established than the one in Gorgie with bigger number etc.

What does it feel like to Hibs fans in the City? Is it just wishful thinking from me and if Hearts become more successful they will still attract slightly bigger crowds than Hibs? Views and any evidence to support what you might believe?

Fuzzywuzzy
06-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Jinx

06-04-2018, 04:29 PM
Hibs attendances at Easter Road have increased markedly over the last two years (even if the counting of tickets sold rather than fans in the ground makes the increase seem higher than it actually is?)
The Scottish Cup win seems to have been the catalyst for the new found belief of Hibs fans. Our recent successes against Hearts also seems to have added to fans confidence in the team. And we do compete with the Old Firm whenever we play them.
My question is has this lead to more potential fans in the City (and surrounding area) choosing Hibs rather than Hearts?
I don’t live in Edinburgh so I find it difficult to gauge if this is the case? My observations are we do seem to have a younger support that Hearts - thats just by comparing the crowd at Tynecastle when I’m there as a Hibs fan with what Easter Road crowds seem to be. And our singing section seems much more established than the one in Gorgie with bigger number etc.
What does it feel like to Hibs fans in the City? Is it just wishful thinking from me and if Hearts become more successful they will still attract slightly bigger crowds than Hibs? Views and any evidence to support what you might believe?

If comparing bums on seats vs tickets sold then we'd have higher numbers than them this season, even with their skewed figures due to the extra c10k Rangers and c5k Aberdeen fans at Murrayfield. Lots of fed up season ticket holders at Tynecastle already and I can see them not winning any more games this season so possibly more will stay away.
All they've got left to play for is the derby and trying to dent our chances of getting 2nd. They'll be desperate for us to miss out so they can trot out their Hibs'd it line, conveniently fogetting their head coach is one of the original and biggest bottlers from '86.

I think our season ticket sales will be up on this year by around 1,000 and their's will be down by about 500, unless they have a good end to the season or bring in a couple of big name signings.

Thecat23
06-04-2018, 04:45 PM
Good question this, When I was growing up my class at primary had couple more hearts than Hibs fans. Now my son who is in P3 was telling me there is NO Hearts fans at all in his clas. This was me saying after last derby bet you can’t wait to see your friends at school who are Hearts fans. Totally shocked me when he said almost all are Hibs with 2 Celtic and one The Rangers.

So for me this answers the question Hibs younger fanbase is definitely growing.

1van Sprou7e
06-04-2018, 04:49 PM

If this was the case (not saying it isn't) then Hearts would have gained a lot more potential fans than we did over the last 10/20/30 years pre-2016

We'd have to be in the ascendancy for a long time to make up for it

Tbh though I do feel that Hibs are currently a much "cooler" club to support, with the vastly superior chants/fan culture, the recent legendary cup win and the much more attractive football being played so these things probably make a difference

allezsauzee
06-04-2018, 04:59 PM
As Lenny says, they are irrelevant. Why would anyone want to support them?

Bishop Hibee
06-04-2018, 05:10 PM
I know guys who have settled in the Leith area who are Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle Utd, QPR and Darlington fans respectively who follow Hibs as the closest Scottish team and whose kids support Hibs. Given all the building in Leith, there is bound to be more of the same.

Moulin Yarns
06-04-2018, 05:24 PM
I know guys who have settled in the Leith area who are Spurs, Arsenal, Newcastle Utd, QPR and Darlington fans respectively who follow Hibs as the closest Scottish team and whose kids support Hibs. Given all the building in Leith, there is bound to be more of the same.

If only Cala could have built some flats in Gorgie.

Ozyhibby
06-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Bought season ticket today for Ozyhibby jnr and myself and it only cost us £460 for our usual two seats in section 40 of the east. The same quality of tickets in the wheatfield would have cost us £715. Lucky I’m not a yam as there is no way I could justify those prices.
If you’ve got young kids, Easter road is a lot easier on your pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diclonius
06-04-2018, 06:31 PM
Two results massively changed our fortunes, both in general and against them. The cup win and 2-2.

You could argue they are the two single most important results in our club's history.

Pretty Boy
06-04-2018, 06:48 PM
My cousin didn't really have a team so let his son choose who he wanted to follow. He took him to a few games at ER and Tynecastle, his lad wasn't sure but slight lyprefered Tynecastle because it was busier; then Hearts won the 2012 final and his mind was made up.

Now I know a few real Hearts fans who are having to put up a hell of a fight to keep their sons and daughters as Hearts fans as they all want to support Hibs. One guy said he was just about in tears after the last derby when his son refused to go to the next home game at Tynecastle because he wanted to go to the 'nice stadium' with the 'cool drummer', the 'fans who sing' and the 'team that has that guy like Messi' (he meant Martin Boyle!)

We won't get many kids allowed to change from Hearts to Hibs but any who are given the choice will choose us. We have an organised singing group who make a noise which will appeal to bairns, we are winning and scoring goals and the general atmosphere is far more positive than across the city. That cup win was absolutely massive and has swung the momentum for the forseeable.

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2018, 06:59 PM
I took my lead from my father in law and brother in law when I settled here. Tynecastle much closer to Corstorphine than Easter Road so if I had no influence at the time I guess I may well have chosen Hearts. Thank **** for influence 😁

hibsbollah
06-04-2018, 07:03 PM
In my sons boys clubs teams in West Edinburgh and midlothian, and in his school team in South Edinburgh, Hibs fans outnumber Hearts fans about 3/1. Obviously that's a small sample size among local 11 year olds, but the end to their financial jiggerypokery and our cup win has catapulted both clubs in massively different directions in the last five years or so. And the kids know the score :greengrin

06-04-2018, 07:08 PM
Good question this, When I was growing up my class at primary had couple more hearts than Hibs fans. Now my son who is in P3 was telling me there is NO Hearts fans at all in his clas. This was me saying after last derby bet you can’t wait to see your friends at school who are Hearts fans. Totally shocked me when he said almost all are Hibs with 2 Celtic and one The Rangers.

So for me this answers the question Hibs younger fanbase is definitely growing.

The Persevered Scottish Cup tour paying off perhaps.

truehibernian
06-04-2018, 07:20 PM
On a football front you simply cannot underestimate the effect and 'power' the cup win had for the fans, the club, and the players - psychologically and mentally it was massive. The club went from a cup laughing stock to winners - and other clubs, notably our rivals, lost half their songbook and terracing jibes in one fantastic 90 + 2 minutes of football :agree::greengrin The media also had to change their tack which again has had a huge (positive) effect on the current playing staff. Can't have been easy reading 'Hibs'd it' or 'since 1902, etc'..........the addition of real winners like Stubbs and Lennon, and the dogged and determined leadership of Leeann has turned a soft touch outfit into a very resilient and self-assured football club. Supporters are very loud and positive and are back in really good numbers. In derbies we enter the field of play knowing we will win, rather than be afraid of losing - which was our achilles heel in these fixtures. But for me the Scottish Cup win has been the panacea. It brought people back and 'lost' fans fell back in love with Hibs again.

It's off the field too however that the club has taken great strides to attract new fans, young and old. The marketing campaigns have been simply excellent and top quality. Whether it's smart films to promote season tickets, new strips, or the life of a Hibs supporter, to Marathon Bet and Tom Zanelli's 'Outside The Box' - the club has fully embraced technology (finally) and used very clever and creative media / marketing techniques, to such an extent we are the envy of other clubs the way we promote the club. For a neutral who is perhaps deciding who to support, Hibs are a pretty cool club to follow if you are a young fan or new to the city. Certain other clubs see promoting the fact they sell chips as a way to attract fans for goodness sake :greengrin

hibsbollah
06-04-2018, 07:25 PM
On a football front you simply cannot underestimate the effect and 'power' the cup win had for the fans, the club, and the players - psychologically and mentally it was massive. The club went from a cup laughing stock to winners - and other clubs, notably our rivals, lost half their songbook and terracing jibes in one fantastic 90 + 2 minutes of football :agree::greengrin The media also had to change their tack which again has had a huge (positive) effect on the current playing staff. Can't have been easy reading 'Hibs'd it' or 'since 1902, etc'..........the addition of real winners like Stubbs and Lennon, and the dogged and determined leadership of Leeann has turned a soft touch outfit into a very resilient and self-assured football club. Supporters are very loud and positive and are back in really good numbers. In derbies we enter the field of play knowing we will win, rather than be afraid of losing - which was our achilles heel in these fixtures. But for me the Scottish Cup win has been the panacea. It brought people back and 'lost' fans fell back in love with Hibs again.

It's off the field too however that the club has taken great strides to attract new fans, young and old. The marketing campaigns have been simply excellent and top quality. Whether it's smart films to promote season tickets, new strips, or the life of a Hibs supporter, to Marathon Bet and Tom Zanelli's 'Outside The Box' - the club has fully embraced technology (finally) and used very clever and creative media / marketing techniques, to such an extent we are the envy of other clubs the way we promote the club. For a neutral who is perhaps deciding who to support, Hibs are a pretty cool club to follow if you are a young fan or new to the city. Certain other clubs see promoting the fact they sell chips as a way to attract fans for goodness sake :greengrin

Good Post :agree: address the pie issue, fill in the corners and all will finally be barry.

truehibernian
06-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Good Post :agree: address the pie issue, fill in the corners and all will finally be barry.

Bains pies at half time and I'll happily move in to Easter Road :greengrin

Greentinted
06-04-2018, 07:29 PM
My older boy chose to follow Hearts but fair play, he’s no a complete brainwashed believer: was out wi him last week and he was happy to concede that while we have moved on to become the more attractive club, they have experienced a severe dosconnect from theirs which is commensurate to the onset of the ‘level playing field’ era. Levein is disliked, Budge is seen as being increasingly out her depth and the level of embarrassment over the new stand comedy is palpable. He even came out with the phrase ‘rust doesnae show on a maroon jersey either...it’s all just a loady pish’
Meanwhile, no.2 son bangs on the drum and unfurls iconic banners up the top tier of the FF (when he stays on his feet 😉) ensuring that, while being watchful of complacency, the natural order is one where green and white in the sunshine on Leith remain in the ascendency.

06-04-2018, 07:45 PM
My older boy chose to follow Hearts but fair play, he’s no a complete brainwashed believer: was out wi him last week and he was happy to concede that while we have moved on to become the more attractive club, they have experienced a severe dosconnect from theirs which is commensurate to the onset of the ‘level playing field’ era. Levein is disliked, Budge is seen as being increasingly out her depth and the level of embarrassment over the new stand comedy is palpable. He even came out with the phrase ‘rust doesnae show on a maroon jersey either...it’s all just a loady pish’
Meanwhile, no.2 son bangs on the drum and unfurls iconic banners up the top tier of the FF (when he stays on his feet 😉) ensuring that, while being watchful of complacency, the natural order is one where green and white in the sunshine on Leith remain in the ascendency.

Although number one turned to the dark side, I sense there is good within him. He can be saved, it is not too late.

NorthNorfolkHFC
06-04-2018, 07:46 PM
I work in a Primary school and in the classes I have taught in the past three years there have been a fairly consistent ratio of 6/7 hibs fans to 1 hearts fan. Very little Celtic or the rangers
Kids outside in playground can also be heard banging on bins to create the drummer at ER. I should be seen to be doing something but always find myself ‘busy’ when I should be telling them off.

1van Sprou7e
06-04-2018, 07:52 PM
I work in a Primary school and in the classes I have taught in the past three years there have been a fairly consistent ratio of 6/7 hibs fans to 1 hearts fan. Very little Celtic or the rangers
Kids outside in playground can also be heard banging on bins to create the drummer at ER. I should be seen to be doing something but always find myself ‘busy’ when I should be telling them off.

What area of town?

PatHead
06-04-2018, 09:01 PM
The Persevered Scottish Cup tour paying off perhaps.

There was a lot of work going on before the Persevered tour. Free tickets for schools, boys club etc but success will always breed success.

DaveSo
06-04-2018, 09:08 PM
The Scottish CUp win has liberated Hibernian Football Club and the players, the non playing staff and of course us-the fans.
We are just at the beginning of our club fulfilling its true potential.
There will be bumps in the road but exciting times for sure.

Lancs Harp
06-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Well more Hibs fans than Hearts on the Fylde Coast :wink:

davemcbain
06-04-2018, 09:52 PM
Bizarrely I had a conversation this afternoon with someone. Living in the arse end of nowhere (gorgeous part of the country, but Assynt is remote even in Scotland), for the first time in my life, I need more than the fingers on two hands to count the number of Hibees living locally. Not sure if it is a cup thing, or sensible people moving north and west, but the dodger I was talking to was concerned that their might be more of us than there was of them in the area. Something good is happening and it's a nationwide thing.

The Spaceman
06-04-2018, 09:54 PM
The Scottish CUp win has liberated Hibernian Football Club and the players, the non playing staff and of course us-the fans.
We are just at the beginning of our club fulfilling its true potential.
There will be bumps in the road but exciting times for sure.

Such a good way of describing it! We have been liberated. The club is now able to stand proud and tall after years of underachievement. We have a completed beautiful stadium, our own modern training ground, minimal debt, brilliant management, brilliant players and fresh memories of 21.05.2016. Scottish football in general is in a better place...the top teams are back and I am loving the competitiveness.

It is a truly great era in which to be a Hibs supporter, we are on an upwards trajectory now, and more and more people will realise this.

Speedy
06-04-2018, 10:12 PM
And to think a significant number of people on here said they'd rather have promotion than a scottish cup win at the time.

:greengrin

BigT-Hibeez
06-04-2018, 10:15 PM
If comparing bums on seats vs tickets sold then we'd have higher numbers than them this season, even with their skewed figures due to the extra c10k Rangers and c5k Aberdeen fans at Murrayfield. Lots of fed up season ticket holders at Tynecastle already and I can see them not winning any more games this season so possibly more will stay away.
All they've got left to play for is the derby and trying to dent our chances of getting 2nd. They'll be desperate for us to miss out so they can trot out their Hibs'd it line, conveniently fogetting their head coach is one of the original and biggest bottlers from '86.

I think our season ticket sales will be up on this year by around 1,000 and their's will be down by about 500, unless they have a good end to the season or bring in a couple of big name signings.

Was talking to my mate and his wife about their Hertz ST's, she has had one since she was 7, he has since 17, both in their 40's now, so between them roughly 60 years worth, and both have decided not to renew for next season.. Worrying times over the road! I wonder if clubs are alerted to losing long term ST holders like this, or do they just look at replacing them asap and move on..?

fat freddy
06-04-2018, 10:20 PM
Hibs are sort of

Shots of Sambuca to start the night
City Breaks in Eastern Europe
Skateboards and Mountain Bikes
A wee bit of green at the weekend
Tight ripped jeans and band t shirts
Holidays in Ibiza with your mates
Cowgate Grassmarket West Port
Edgy bands with mental tunes
Doc Martins and Trainers
Turnbull Mowbray Stubbs Lennon
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly
Five a side with your mates
College and Uni just to pull
Volunteer workers doing their bit
Living the dream since Exhuberance Day
Surfers and joggers down Porty beach
Gigs at Voodoo and Liquid Rooms
Best Sauzee Archibald Stanton
Bohemian Radges in Stockbridge
Authors Actors and Anarchists
Sunshine on Leith in January
Under the Majesty of Arthurs Seat

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Cardigans and Driver gloves
Last bus home from Stratfords Bar Rolled up copy of The Sun in the back pocket
Golf club memberships
Nade Callachan Martin Stockton
Jobs for life at The Council
Married to their first girlfriend
Members of the church committee
Insurance and Pensions brokers
Rugby fans first and foremost
On nodding terms with several Tory councillors
Dutiful in bed once a fortnight
Only drink in British bars on holiday
City Chambers security guards
Dream about receiving an invitation to The royal garden party
Charity thieves during administration
Shop at Marks and Spencer
Vehemently homophobic and mildly racist
Serving Police Officers and Prison Wardens
Regular attendees at Tory Party fundraisers
Bowling Club memberships
Dominoes and Darts at Carricknowe
Insulated Bungalows at Balgreen
Naturaly Ordered Lawns in Murrayfield
Contributors to Vlads retirement plan
Platinum season tickets holders
Defenders of Queen Anne's Rustbucket
Trading during Insolvency
All is Barry we own The Oriam
Cortorphine Slateford Clermiston
Craig Levein hiding in a toilet
Maloveev Cathro Rix Frail
In the shadow of Murrayfield

Clerie Green
06-04-2018, 10:32 PM
Are you sure so called number one is yours ? :greengrin:greengrin

Clerie Green
06-04-2018, 10:36 PM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

you were doing so well until you mentioned Clermiston, you absolute Phud !
🇳🇬 🤘🤘🤘 🇳🇬

Greentinted
06-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Are you sure so called number one is yours ? :greengrin:greengrin

Nae gettin away fi it...the resemblance is too close to be otherwise, the both of us being more Conrad Logan than Gabby Logan! 😄
(Basically his Ma is one o them - one time ST holder and she and her old boy took him along to Tynie at a time I worked on matchdays)

fat freddy
06-04-2018, 11:23 PM
you were doing so well until you mentioned Clermiston, you absolute Phud !
🇳🇬 🤘🤘🤘 🇳🇬

Apologies. I meant Clovenstone not Clermiston, Clermiston is a bastion of Green nobility

Lancs Harp
06-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Recent ascendancy? We've always been better then them even when they've beaten us.

:flag:

truehibernian
06-04-2018, 11:50 PM
Recent ascendancy? We've always been better then them even when they've beaten us.

:flag:

Best post of the thread :greengrin:aok:

Close thread :agree:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-04-2018, 11:55 PM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

:greengrin

monktonharp
07-04-2018, 12:47 AM
Living in the smallest street in Magdalene, we have a family about 10 doors up with a couple o' wee laddies. they are out in our street ALL the time playing fitba' never mind the weather. they have the Hibs colours on ALL the time. more and more of their pals are coming to play, and I have noticed that most have some Hibs colours. this has happened over a couple of years as they are just wee boys. never seen a Hearts top in our area for years. might be just because we are East EDIN, but it does seem to rub off, with our recent cup win and derby success.any time I pass on the way to the shops, they'll talk about Hibs things.

jgl07
07-04-2018, 01:30 AM
I can only recall one Hearts supporter in our street in Merchiston. He was at school with my eldest daughter. He was talking about supporting Hearts when one of his pals interjected “You told me you didn’t like football”!

That probably sums it all up. Hearts are the team for people who do not like football.

spike220
07-04-2018, 03:25 AM
Two results massively changed our fortunes, both in general and against them. The cup win and 2-2.

You could argue they are the two single most important results in our club's history.

Trainspptting and T2 featuring Hibs was a bonus and don't forget Sol. The lyrics and our history are inseparable now

Dashing Bob S
07-04-2018, 05:46 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

And breathe...

How wonderful. How true.

Nameless
07-04-2018, 06:24 AM
I think if you give a neutral child the choice of a bloodied turd coloured top, or a glorious emerald green vision of loveliness, 100 times out of 100 you know what they choose. In the 80's, our colours didn't run, but today, our colours = Fun.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

itslegaltender
07-04-2018, 07:09 AM
I do think we should be having stands at every freshers event in the City. Getting to the attention of the thousands of new arrivals to make Hibs their student team would bring in extra fans immediately and build our base across the Uk and beyond in the future.

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 07:25 AM
I do think we should be having stands at every freshers event in the City. Getting to the attention of the thousands of new arrivals to make Hibs their student team would bring in extra fans immediately and build our base across the Uk and beyond in the future.

I’m pretty sure we do.

norhfc
07-04-2018, 07:46 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

Beautiful

bigwheel
07-04-2018, 08:44 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

have to acknowledge this....Post of the year - case closed.. :not worth:not worth

.Sean.
07-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Bains pies at half time and I'll happily move in to Easter Road :greengrin
Never mind the pies from Baynes, aw aboot the tuna, tomaty and red onion rolls :not worth

NorthNorfolkHFC
07-04-2018, 08:58 AM
What area of town?

West of City. Royal high catchment of primary schools. For some reason a big hibby contingent.

hibsbollah
07-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

Tremendous:aok:

PiemanP
07-04-2018, 09:37 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

This is it: Hibs are just so much cooler than Hearts. And I’m not even looking at this through green tinted specs here. We just seem to have that swagger and confidence at the moment, and I don’t doubt that will be drawing the younger generation to Easter road rather than Tyncastle.

IGRIGI
07-04-2018, 09:45 AM
The song book helps too, while our singing section are coming up with new original chants about current players and successes Hearts have had their song book destroyed and have reverted to their sectarian hits along with chanting about a derby run which anyone over the age of 35 can't remember.

linlithgowhibbie
07-04-2018, 09:51 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

Bit much to get on a tee shirt tho!

Austinho
07-04-2018, 09:53 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships
In the shadow of MurrayfieldHibs fans are the guy the Hearts fans’ wife left him for.

Bostonhibby
07-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships

:not worth:top marks

Very insightful

Just sent it to my Hibs ST holder sister in law to see if she recognises here yam supporting DD cancelling non ST holder yam husband anywhere there:greengrin

Eyrie
07-04-2018, 10:21 AM
Hibs are sort of

Doc Martins and Trainers
Taxi to the after party
Books by the Welsh felly

And Hearts are knd of

Pints of Heavy in Dalry
Rovers with nodding dogs
20 Benson & Hedges
Pissed stained slacks
Caravans at Burnt Island
Stale boozers in Gorgie
Marching band music
Brogues and sandals
Golf club memberships
Bowling Club memberships
I like the lyrics, so all that's missing is the tune.

Baw187
07-04-2018, 10:50 AM
The fact that our fans singing SOL has been so widely appreciated goes a long way as well. Puts the club in a favourable spotlight and I’m sure influences the majority of ‘neutrals’ who settle in our fair city are likely to plump for the Cabbage.

Almost anyone I speak to who isn’t a Jambo has a soft spot for Hibs because of SOL, even a couple of Huns believe it or not.

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 10:53 AM
Nae gettin away fi it...the resemblance is too close to be otherwise, the both of us being more Conrad Logan than Gabby Logan! 😄
(Basically his Ma is one o them - one time ST holder and she and her old boy took him along to Tynie at a time I worked on matchdays)

Now that really was a conspiracy.

fat freddy
07-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Almost anyone I speak to who isn’t a Jambo has a soft spot for Hibs because of SOL, even a couple of Huns believe it or not.

Totally, a rabid hun I chatted to on a mixed fans forum sent me a DM after the 2007 final asking what was the best Proclaimers album to get with the songs that were played during the on field celebrations. He admitted that it brought a lump to his throat and his wife was in tears.
After the natural order derby I was next to a female steward at the vomitarium egress the top tier of the FF as we belted out SOL. She was clearly moved and I chatted to her for a bit, her first shift at Easter Rd. She was a Weegie, said she'd never heard anything like it and it gave her the shivers.

My spiel last night? Was under the influence of one of the early items on the Hibs list, there was so much more I could have added, Vomitarium Egress springs to mind immediately as does We Run This City cos we clearly do.

One Day Soon
07-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Totally, a rabid hun I chatted to on a mixed fans forum sent me a DM after the 2007 final asking what was the best Proclaimers album to get with the songs that were played during the on field celebrations. He admitted that it brought a lump to his throat and his wife was in tears.
After the natural order derby I was next to a female steward at the vomitarium egress the top tier of the FF as we belted out SOL. She was clearly moved and I chatted to her for a bit, her first shift at Easter Rd. She was a Weegie, said she'd never heard anything like it and it gave her the shivers.

My spiel last night? Was under the influence of one of the early items on the Hibs list, there was so much more I could have added, Vomitarium Egress springs to mind immediately as does We Run This City cos we clearly do.

It's a beautiful, elegant piece of work.

Sir Alex's endorsement of 21 May 2016 Sunshine on Leith as the best celebration in the history of the game would have been nice on the Hibs side but no idea how you'd make that fit. Moustaches probably deserved a mention somewhere on the Hearts side and I'm pretty sure that 'dutiful in bed once a fortnight' should have been 'dull in bed once the lights are out, quarterly'. I'm afraid it lets the Tynecastle stadium piano stuffing Labour councillors off the hook. There's also the inconvenient truth of prominent Yam Nats and Hibee Tories.

Other than that I see no reason why this shouldn't appear on the front and back of many, many t-shirts. Is it too long for what I believe the young people call a gif? Would be splendid to see something like this circulating alongside 'Mind the Gap' on social media.

SuperAllyMcleod
07-04-2018, 11:58 AM
The song book helps too, while our singing section are coming up with new original chants about current players and successes Hearts have had their song book destroyed and have reverted to their sectarian hits along with chanting about a derby run which anyone over the age of 35 can't remember.

Given that no one UNDER the age of 35 will remember it either, we are all winners. [emoji6][emoji3]

Eyrie
07-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Given that no one UNDER the age of 35 will remember it either, we are all winners. [emoji6][emoji3]

Those of us over the age of 35 have long since forgotten it as well (along with most other things).