PDA

View Full Version : Away Season Ticket

H18 SFR
06-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Any idea when folk who have joined the waiting list will find out?

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 03:08 PM
Any idea when folk who have joined the waiting list will find out?

The deadline for current AST holders to remain in the scheme is 5pm today so I would imagine that you will hear sometime next week.

madhibby
06-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Am I right in assuming Hibs will limit the number of away season tickets to the same number as were sold last season - was it 370 and if that is the case why are they doing that? I would have thought if folk are prepared to commit to paying for a ticket for every away game they should be allocated the tickets? I know there will be away section capacity issues but could at least double the numbers available?

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Am I right in assuming Hibs will limit the number of away season tickets to the same number as were sold last season - was it 370 and if that is the case why are they doing that? I would have thought if folk are prepared to commit to paying for a ticket for every away game they should be allocated the tickets? I know there will be away section capacity issues but could at least double the numbers available?

In the face if it there could be 900 as that’s the minimum we get for any away ground (Ibrox).

The problem would be if were drawn away to Dumbarton or Spartans or Bonnyrigg Rose in the cup and we only get a few hundred.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 03:34 PM

The scheme has and will be limited to 300 as per previous seasons. The full allocation was never taken up though AFAIK. I think around 270 signed up this season, I doesn't leave many spaces for new applicants. It may be a ballot for any available places or whoever signed up to the waiting list first.

The scheme is limited to allow tickets for places like Ibrox and Parkhead that have small allocations to be available to STH's who are not in the AST scheme.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 03:37 PM
In the face if it there could be 900 as that’s the minimum we get for any away ground (Ibrox).

The problem would be if were drawn away to Dumbarton or Spartans or Bonnyrigg Rose in the cup and we only get a few hundred.

If Bonnyrigg rose had stood their ground and wanted to play us at their home ground we would have got 400 tickets as per the cup rules. Most of those would have been wiped out by AST holders. Your point on Dumbarton is interesting as I don't remember us ever selling out Dumbarton away in theChampionshop.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 04:06 PM
If Bonnyrigg rose had stood their ground and wanted to play us at their home ground we would have got 400 tickets as per the cup rules. Most of those would have been wiped out by AST holders. Your point on Dumbarton is interesting as I don't remember us ever selling out Dumbarton away in theChampionshop.

Cup games regularly sell out though - I think they must have to limit the AST numbers in case we’re drawn away to a small ground. Otherwise they could easily increase the number to 750.

Or drop cup games from the AST?...

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Cup games regularly sell out though - I think they must have to limit the AST numbers in case we’re drawn away to a small ground. Otherwise they could easily increase the number to 750.

Or drop cup games from the AST?...

That can't happen as way its set up you are obliged to buy tickets for every single away game.

SChibs
06-04-2018, 04:22 PM
That can't happen as way its set up you are obliged to buy tickets for every single away game.

A bit frustrating that. Would be good if you had the option to opt out of say 3 games a season. Would stop being signing up just for the big games but guarantee the folk that go to 90% of away games a ticket

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 04:28 PM

I know that’s how it is at the moment but it could be changed for a league AST and the membership could go up to closer to 900.

cup games then become a free for all (online only obviously).

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 04:29 PM
I know that’s how it is at the moment but it could be changed for a league AST and the membership could go up to closer to 900.

cup games then become a free for all (online only obviously).

Why should cup games be a free for all and those who have committed to every other away game could miss out? Seems fair. All or nothing I'm afraid.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 04:32 PM
Why should cup games be a free for all and those who have committed to every other away game could miss out? Seems fair. All or nothing I'm afraid.

There seems to be more interest in the AST due to the lack of a loyalty points system so a way of getting the numbers up is to increase the membership to the minimum tickets we will receive for a league game.

This could then cause an issue for a cup tie at a smaller venue - a way round that is to not include it. In a similar way that cup games aren’t included in a home ST.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 04:41 PM
There seems to be more interest in the AST due to the lack of a loyalty points system so a way of getting the numbers up is to increase the membership to the minimum tickets we will receive for a league game.

This could then cause an issue for a cup tie at a smaller venue - a way round that is to not include it. In a similar way that cup games aren’t included in a home ST.

You're never not going to get your own seat if you want it for a home cup game, if we get drawn against a club with small ground then its just the way it is AST holders get theirs and then whats left those not in the scheme have to fight over. This scheme is not for the Johnny come latelys that fancy a big game. Its for those who are committed to attending every game. You'll find that most on the AST scheme would have had maximum points anyway so they would have got tickets if LP's were still in operation.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 05:11 PM
You're never not going to get your own seat if you want it for a home cup game, if we get drawn against a club with small ground then its just the way it is AST holders get theirs and then whats left those not in the scheme have to fight over. This scheme is not for the Johnny come latelys that fancy a big game. Its for those who are committed to attending every game. You'll find that most on the AST scheme would have had maximum points anyway so they would have got tickets if LP's were still in operation.

They should be looking at increasing the membership for those that are now in a position to join. It’s only been going for a couple of years so it’s hardly an established thing that they can’t alter.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 05:18 PM
They should be looking at increasing the membership for those that are now in a position to join. It’s only been going for a couple of years so it’s hardly an established thing that they can’t alter.

Don't see how they can, It's never been oversubscribed before so why should they start now? I reckon some people will only sign up to guarantee them tickets for heart, celtic and rangers away and any small away cup games.

derekduval
06-04-2018, 05:36 PM
Needs to be a sufficient number of tickets available for season ticket holders to stand a chance of getting one otherwise we would still have loyalty points. Numbers are kept low deliberately so there’s a greater chance for season ticket holders

H18 SFR
18-04-2018, 11:33 AM
Has anyone looking to get one heard back?

H18 SFR
22-04-2018, 02:51 PM
I won't bump again folks, just checking again if any prospective new AST holders have heard back?

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 03:13 PM
I won't bump again folks, just checking again if any prospective new AST holders have heard back?

Keep bumping it until you get your answer. What I can tell you is that the deadline for current AST holders to retain theirs for next season has long come and gone, surely Hibs will have informed those who put their name down on the waiting list if their application was successful or not.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 03:19 PM
Keep bumping it until you get your answer. What I can tell you is that the deadline for current AST holders to retain theirs for next season has long come and gone, surely Hibs will have informed those who put their name down on the waiting list if their application was successful or not.

Just think it’s not a priority for Hibs just now, promoting season tickets are

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Just think it’s not a priority for Hibs just now, promoting season tickets are

I really don't think they need to promote them now. Sold over 11,000 and with the team doing so well that will sell the ST's for next season, the club should still have informed those who want on the AST scheme for next season though.

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 03:25 PM
I really don't think they need to promote them now. Sold over 11,000 and with the team doing so well that will sell the ST's for next season, the club should still have informed those who want on the AST scheme for next season though.

Have you been informed that you’ve renewed?
Can’t see anything to say I have though

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 03:29 PM
Have you been informed that you’ve renewed?
Can’t see anything to say I have though

I went down in person and one of the staff brought a sheet over and ticketed a box with 18/19 on it with the current holders names and that was it.

HibeeHibernian4
22-04-2018, 03:30 PM

Not doubting you mate but where have you heard over 11,000 season tickets sold?

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Not doubting you mate but where have you heard over 11,000 season tickets sold?

Did Hibs not announce that or have I dreamt that?

BoomtownHibees
22-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Did Hibs not announce that or have I dreamt that?

Think 10k was announced at the game yesterday

Billy Whizz
22-04-2018, 03:34 PM
I went down in person and one of the staff brought a sheet over and ticketed a box with 18/19 on it with the current holders names and that was it.

I did all that, but haven’t received anything to confirm, had a look on my account, but nothing on it to confirm

Hermit Crab
22-04-2018, 03:37 PM
I did all that, but haven’t received anything to confirm, had a look on my account, but nothing on it to confirm

When you went down and they ticked the box thats your confirmation.

Kojock
22-04-2018, 03:53 PM
5 of us applied for AST but no news as yet as to whether successful or not.

H18 SFR
22-04-2018, 04:08 PM
5 of us applied for AST but no news as yet as to whether successful or not.

Hopefully hear soon.