PDA

View Full Version : 2018/19 Season Tickets

Alan62
06-04-2018, 11:27 AM
Just took a quick look at the current availability of seats for prospective new season ticket holders. While I didn't do a proper dot count, it's actually quite amazing just how few seats are actually available for people to buy. Most blocks that show availability on the seating plan have just a few odd single seats in them - other than the side blocks in both the West and East stands.

Of course there may be some seats that become available if current season ticket holders don't renew but, my gut feel is that there won't be all that many. I'll be amazed if we don't break our season ticket record next season. If we can manage a strong finish to this season, we could go into next season with almost all of the seats in the three home stands virtually sold out for every game - leaving walk-up supporters consigned to South Stand seats at Category B games or scrapping for tickets that are returned by season ticket holders who can't attend specific matches. There will be virtually no chance of a non-season ticket holder getting a ticket for any of the big games. And that, in turn, will encourage even more people to buy season tickets now.

What a great position for the club to be in.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-04-2018, 11:47 AM
May be a daft question but is it 00:00 1st June that season tickets that haven't been taken up become available again?

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 11:50 AM
May be a daft question but is it 00:00 1st June that season tickets that haven't been taken up become available again?

I think it’s 9am - that’s what I was told last season.

Fuzzywuzzy
06-04-2018, 11:54 AM
I think it’s 9am - that’s what I was told last season.

Cheers!

Jamesie
06-04-2018, 11:56 AM

I asked at the ticket office earlier in the week and was told it will be Saturday 2 June - not sure what time though.

haagsehibby
06-04-2018, 12:08 PM
I asked at the ticket office earlier in the week and was told it will be Saturday 2 June - not sure what time though.

Website says 1st June. As an aside, does anyone know if it is possible to take up a non renewed seat online?

GreenCastle
06-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Just looked online and several sections sold out.

Can someone post a picture or someone want to do Dot Count what is left?

Some seats may become available in June but seems like many are renewing current seats.

Onion
06-04-2018, 12:26 PM
Just looked online and several sections sold out.

Can someone post a picture or someone want to do Dot Count what is left?

Some seats may become available in June but seems like many are renewing current seats.

Or ask Hibs to include the no of seats left in the stadium on the ticket site. Would be simple coding and avoid speculation and all this dot counting ?

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 12:38 PM
On a very tangential note, anyone know whether a new card is issued when a half-season ticket is renewed for the next full season, or whether the old card still works, the same way full-season ticket renewals work. I'm not sure if I should expect a card in the post, and I'd hate to be locked out of Easter Road on the first day of the season!

NAE NOOKIE
06-04-2018, 12:41 PM
I don't think we can really get too excited until the deadline for renewal and for existing ST holders to move seats has passed, only when the free for all is underway will we get an idea of where we stand for next season. Until then all we can go on is like for like percentages compared to the same stage last season, the club has only issued one statement so far showing we are 10% up on last season and that was a while ago. I would hope they will give another update once the early bird deadline has passed, probably early next week if the figures remain positive.

If we do manage to bust the 14,000 barrier ... I remain to be convinced we will ... but if we do then the time will have come to seriously think about reducing the allocation we give to both of the arse cheeks .... our arrangement with Hearts will remain, but I see no reason to afford the uglies the same luxury in view of the meagre allocation in rubbish parts of their stadiums they give us.

woodythehibee
06-04-2018, 12:43 PM
I don't think we can really get too excited until the deadline for renewal and for existing ST holders to move seats has passed, only when the free for all is underway will we get an idea of where we stand for next season. Until then all we can go on is like for like percentages compared to the same stage last season, the club has only issued one statement so far showing we are 10% up on last season and that was a while ago. I would hope they will give another update once the early bird deadline has passed, probably early next week if the figures remain positive.

If we do manage to bust the 14,000 barrier ... I remain to be convinced we will ... but if we do then the time will have come to seriously think about reducing the allocation we give to both of the arse cheeks .... our arrangement with Hearts will remain, but I see no reason to afford the uglies the same luxury in view of the meagre allocation in rubbish parts of their stadiums they give us.

As of Tuesday, it was up 30% on the same time last year. Quite incredible.

Garymcl
06-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Just a wee reminder to non season ticket holders for cat a games it's going to be very hard again this season to get a decent seat these games alone and going by early indications very likely we will beat last years season ticket sales best way to guarantee a seat is to purchase a season ticket if finances let you it's so easy only takes a few minutes :greengrin

Big_Franck
06-04-2018, 12:46 PM
On a very tangential note, anyone know whether a new card is issued when a half-season ticket is renewed for the next full season, or whether the old card still works, the same way full-season ticket renewals work. I'm not sure if I should expect a card in the post, and I'd hate to be locked out of Easter Road on the first day of the season!

I'd double check this with the club, but i'd presume it would be the same as with existing full ST holders. You'll be able to use the same card provided you are not moving seats.

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 12:49 PM

The issue there is that Hibs lose money with pretty much any reduced away allocation for cat A matches, just because of the seats lost to segregation so it's taking a financial hit to appease the home fans. Maybe we could do what the sisters do and fill in a corner that can be packed with away fans, though that would inevitably make the away game experience a bit rubbish for all the away fans, not just the ones we don't like much!

Earlydelivery
06-04-2018, 12:54 PM
Just went past and the Q is snaking along the west stand entrance 👍

Big_Franck
06-04-2018, 12:55 PM
The issue there is that Hibs lose money with pretty much any reduced away allocation for cat A matches, just because of the seats lost to segregation so it's taking a financial hit to appease the home fans. Maybe we could do what the sisters do and fill in a corner that can be packed with away fans, though that would inevitably make the away game experience a bit rubbish for all the away fans, not just the ones we don't like much!

Surely the marginal loss we'd make due to the seats lost to segregation would be offset by the lower policing costs? If there are half as many celtc/zombie fans in the area we'd surely need less police.

In any case, losing a couple grand because of the seats lost to segregation would be a small, small price to pay for reducing their allocation and more importantly having more Hibs fans in the ground.

cabbageandribs1875
06-04-2018, 12:58 PM
thought about buying my first ST in 45+ years but then thought about the games i would be missing due to dafty(for me) KO times for sat/sun lunchtime KO's then it becomes pointless for me, i'm very much expecting to possibly missing out going to most home games as a walk-up due to only poor areas left, can we not get back to being rank again :devil:

Juice-Terry
06-04-2018, 12:59 PM
As of Tuesday, it was up 30% on the same time last year. Quite incredible. Source? Seriously, if that's true, then it's truly remarkable. :flag:

Juniper Greens
06-04-2018, 01:04 PM
Source? Seriously, if that's true, then it's truly remarkable. :flag:

Get those corners filled in!

PatHead
06-04-2018, 01:04 PM
I heard we were had approximately 7,000 sold on Tuesday and they had targeted 7,500 by close of business today. In years gone bye we never even sold that many before the new season.

woodythehibee
06-04-2018, 01:05 PM
Source? Seriously, if that's true, then it's truly remarkable. :flag:Hibs commercial & ticketing team told me on Tuesday night. Exciting times ahead.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Juniper Greens
06-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Hibs commercial & ticketing team told me on Tuesday night. Exciting times ahead.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

30% up would imply sales of around 9.5k by the end of the early bird...surely it can't be that high?!

Based on 7.5k at the equivalent point last season
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/7467

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Surely the marginal loss we'd make due to the seats lost to segregation would be offset by the lower policing costs? If there are half as many celtc/zombie fans in the area we'd surely need less police.

In any case, losing a couple grand because of the seats lost to segregation would be a small, small price to pay for reducing their allocation and more importantly having more Hibs fans in the ground.

Okay, guesstimate time:

The South Stand is about 30 rows deep; with, say, a width of 6 seats segregation, that's 180 tickets @ £30 each, or £4500. One Celtic game in 2009 cost £6,700 to police, so if we round up for inflation purposes, make that £7,500.

If we assume that the policing cost goes linearly with the away crowd size, then halving the allocation would put the policing cost saving at £3,750. I suspect that assumption isn't a good one since there will probably always need to be a minimum policing level at any sizeable game. The figures for policing (I found them in http://www.easterroad.com/edinburgh-football-policing-costs-not-that-high/ ) suggests there's a lower limit, since the small teams all seem to have a flat rate cost for both Hearts and Hibs and for a variety of smaller teams.

Then again, the difference is probably smaller than the errors induced by the loose estimates and fuzzed figures, and the amounts of money concerned aren't that big whichever way they go (they're smaller than I was expecting) so maybe financials shouldn't be the major factor in this decision.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-04-2018, 01:18 PM

What makes you think it would make for a rubbish game experience for away fans? Only Celtic, Rangers, Aberdeen and Hearts bring more than 1000 fans, the rest would easily fit in a corner. The view would be just as good and arguably an almost full corner would give them a better atmosphere than say 400 sat in a 4,000 seater stand.
Filling in a couple of corners would be incredible and would pay for itself in a few seasons if attendances keep on this upward trajectory. The worry would undoubtedly would be that attendances drop again at some point and we’re left with thousands of unused seats.

Big_Franck
06-04-2018, 01:20 PM
Okay, guesstimate time:

The South Stand is about 30 rows deep; with, say, a width of 6 seats segregation, that's 180 tickets @ £30 each, or £4500. One Celtic game in 2009 cost £6,700 to police, so if we round up for inflation purposes, make that £7,500.

If we assume that the policing cost goes linearly with the away crowd size, then halving the allocation would put the policing cost saving at £3,750. I suspect that assumption isn't a good one since there will probably always need to be a minimum policing level at any sizeable game. The figures for policing (I found them in http://www.easterroad.com/edinburgh-football-policing-costs-not-that-high/ ) suggests there's a lower limit, since the small teams all seem to have a flat rate cost for both Hearts and Hibs and for a variety of smaller teams.

Then again, the difference is probably smaller than the errors induced by the loose estimates and fuzzed figures, and the amounts of money concerned aren't that big whichever way they go (they're smaller than I was expecting) so maybe financials shouldn't be the major factor in this decision.

Agreed. Worst case scenario it's a few grand per game. A small price to pay for filling the ground with Hibees and reducing the support that away teams get as there's no doubt it pushes their side on. A good problem to have though :greengrin

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-04-2018, 01:20 PM

I’d imagine having Hibs and Rangers fans sharing the same stand and mingling more on entry to the stadium would mean we would require at least as many officers as normal

Big_Franck
06-04-2018, 01:33 PM
I’d imagine having Hibs and Rangers fans sharing the same stand and mingling more on entry to the stadium would mean we would require at least as many officers as normal

I'd presume Hibs fans in the south stand would need to enter as the East standers do via Hawkhill avenue. They'd need to open up the wee gate at the end of the East though. That's the only way I can see it working. Hibs fans and weegie sevco fans off their faces on buckie mixing on entry to the south might cause an issue or two.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-04-2018, 01:38 PM
I'd presume Hibs fans in the south stand would need to enter as the East standers do via Hawkhill avenue. They'd need to open up the wee gate at the end of the East though. That's the only way I can see it working. Hibs fans and weegie sevco fans off their faces on buckie mixing on entry to the south might cause an issue or two.

Might be wrong but I’m sure that’s what happened when we shared a stand whilst the East was built? My season ticket got moved over there and I’m sure I entered from the West

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Why not reserve the upper tier South Stand for Hibs fans only for the Cat A games? We could even sell seasons there too if the demand is high enough.

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Why not reserve the upper tier South Stand for Hibs fans only for the Cat A games? We could even sell seasons there too if the demand is high enough.

Police and stewards aren't too fond of having fans overlooking rivals on different tiers of the same section. It makes missiles and the like a bit more problematic.

GreenCastle
06-04-2018, 02:55 PM
thought about buying my first ST in 45+ years but then thought about the games i would be missing due to dafty(for me) KO times for sat/sun lunchtime KO's then it becomes pointless for me, i'm very much expecting to possibly missing out going to most home games as a walk-up due to only poor areas left, can we not get back to being rank again :devil:

Just get one!

Every fan misses games due to the TV schedule - sadly it's modern football advantages and disadvantages!

See it as a Hibs membership and the chances are if we fill the stadium then the quality on show will be well worth watching :agree:

Green Man
06-04-2018, 03:41 PM

That’s how it works at the moment when the south is open to home fans. We went up that way on Saturday.

AgentDaleCooper
06-04-2018, 03:50 PM
just renewed mine and my dad's, feels ****ing great!!!!

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

eastcoasthibby
06-04-2018, 04:04 PM

Whilst I agree with the rationale for this, I just dont think we can totally sell out the whole of whats left in the south in these games ..I think next priority is for the club to find a suitable process for handing back season ticket seats when people can't attend. Imo there needs to be a return for people when they do, for me it should be something like £3 per game credit ...for use in the clubstore or towards next seasons ST ...the guaranteed income from the dog squads from the west is too much to not take just now !!

Borderhibbie76
06-04-2018, 05:07 PM
Source? Seriously, if that's true, then it's truly remarkable. :flag:Judging by all the tweets I've seen on Twitter from people saying They have renewed I'm really not surprised at this at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hibeesmad
06-04-2018, 05:17 PM
I have renewed my season ticket for the first time since 2015/16, mainly due to work commitments but happy to be back!

RyeSloan
06-04-2018, 05:26 PM
Website says 1st June. As an aside, does anyone know if it is possible to take up a non renewed seat online?

The seats are made available online after the deadline has passed...well they certainly were last year.

Famous Fiver
06-04-2018, 06:21 PM
Been pissed on many times from on high at Ibrox over the decades.

Time for payback?

EricM
06-04-2018, 06:40 PM
Living in Aberdeen me and my Dad haven't have season tickets since Sauzee played and we lived in the Borders

This season has been great and while we don't get down to every home game we've thoroughly enjoyed being back more regularly

Just renewed us both for next season tonight, feels great to back the team :thumbsup:

Ryan91
06-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Been pissed on many times from on high at Ibrox over the decades.

Time for payback?

Two wrongs don't make a right, plus the Police and Stewards would likely crack down on that pretty quick unlike the blind eye that is turned towards such similar behaviour at Hunbrox

EH54
06-04-2018, 09:56 PM
Police and stewards aren't too fond of having fans overlooking rivals on different tiers of the same section. It makes missiles and the like a bit more problematic.

Unless your rangers that is

StevieCowan
06-04-2018, 09:57 PM
Saw a retweet from the Head of Sales and Marketing saying that “The numbers are good”
👍

Ozyhibby
07-04-2018, 07:33 AM
Saw a retweet from the Head of Sales and Marketing saying that “The numbers are good”
[emoji106]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180407/f792447b0e4dfcb4622caeea6907cbc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H18 SFR
07-04-2018, 07:38 AM
I'm buzzing for next season already and we've not even skelped the Huns again at ibrox yet.

haagsehibby
07-04-2018, 09:33 AM
The seats are made available online after the deadline has passed...well they certainly were last year.

Would that be at midnight or the start of business in the morning?

RyeSloan
07-04-2018, 12:17 PM

Honestly can’t remember for certain but I’m reasonably sure it was in the morning. I know some one previously said 9am on his thread but for some reason I had 10am in my head from last year.

I switched seats last year as I had bought early bird but sub optimal positioning so went to be ticket office that day...I clearly remember the fact that on the ticket site the non renewed seats were available and I was panicking that someone was gonna buy the seats I wanted to move to (and had not been available previously until that date).

All worked out well though and I’ll be having a wee look again this year...I have great seats on the half way line but if I was being really picky would like them a few rows closer to the pitch so will be having a wee gander this year as well to see if I can move again.

Daniel_Law
07-04-2018, 01:15 PM

Just got on the phone to the ticket office after days of trying to get my season ticket seat moved to the Singing Section. Got cut off halfway through because I ran out of credit fuming.

Anyway... in the call the lad said that more seats will become available on the 2nd of June so I should phone then. That must mean the seats become available the start of the business day that day?