PDA

View Full Version : people leaving early

Babyshamble
05-04-2018, 10:40 PM
I sit in the east with my son. travel to the games on public transport.i got a lift to the game on Tuesday.was told to leave 10 mins early.left when the 3rd goal.got loads of abuse from folk asking them to move for us.old man shouted at me & others who the **** leaves earlier? Anyone else had this problem?

SRHibs
05-04-2018, 10:45 PM
I can completely understand people leaving the East early. It’s a 15 minutes wait from the FT whistle until you get outside. That said I usually just chill in my seat until things start to move.

Franck Stanton
05-04-2018, 11:22 PM
Everybody to their own imo. Up to them when they go. As for me, well I only get to see my team for 90/93 min every 7 days so stay right to the end of every game.

Aim Here
05-04-2018, 11:32 PM
I can completely understand people leaving the East early. It’s a 15 minutes wait from the FT whistle until you get outside. That said I usually just chill in my seat until things start to move.

I understand why people leave early too, but even if you don't mind the lengthy egress time, don't you find it really annoying that there is a constant stream of people passing in front of you for the last ten minutes when you're trying to watch the game? It's why I wouldn't choose to sit in the East, unless I could score a seat right in the middle of a section or down at the front, which wouldn't have that problem so much.

hibby6270
05-04-2018, 11:35 PM
This subject has been done to death on a thread recently. I suppose those that do leave early have their reasons but personally I don’t understand it.

If you go see a film, you don’t leave 10 minutes before it ends and miss the climax to the story - do you?
If you’re out for a meal, you don’t order dessert and then get up to leave and pay for the full meal - do you?
Why is it any different at a football game? If the journey home is delayed a bit then surely that’s part of the overall experience of going to game even if it is a pain.

I’m probably talking rubbish though because I don’t need to car or bus it home. I’m within walking distance of ER. That said, I still would find it hard to voluntarily leave early and miss 10-15% of the game. Beats me!!

Eaststandee
05-04-2018, 11:38 PM
I understand why people leave early too, but even if you don't mind the lengthy egress time, don't you find it really annoying that there is a constant stream of people passing in front of you for the last ten minutes when you're trying to watch the game? It's why I wouldn't choose to sit in the East, unless I could score a seat right in the middle of a section or down at the front, which wouldn't have that problem so much.

I don't care about people leaving early, but I sit near(ish) the front and it's the people that decide to watch the game while walking down the steps or stopping at the bottom for 10 minutes that do my nut in.

GTFO or sit doon! :greengrin

Hibbyradge
05-04-2018, 11:52 PM
This subject has been done to death on a thread recently. I suppose those that do leave early have their reasons but personally I don’t understand it.

If you go see a film, you don’t leave 10 minutes before it ends and miss the climax to the story - do you?
If you’re out for a meal, you don’t order dessert and then get up to leave and pay for the full meal - do you?
Why is it any different at a football game? If the journey home is delayed a bit then surely that’s part of the overall experience of going to game even if it is a pain.

I’m probably talking rubbish though because I don’t need to car or bus it home. I’m within walking distance of ER. That said, I still would find it hard to voluntarily leave early and miss 10-15% of the game. Beats me!!

These things aren't really comparible.

The punchline of a film is at the end. Leave early and you may never find out what happened.

The desert in your scran us at the end. Leave early and I'll eat your cheese and crackers.

If Hibs are 3 - 1 up, the game's over.

By the way, folk leave films a lot earlier than 10 mins to go.

Also, if because of other commitments, I've got the choice of watching Hibs for 80 minutes or not at all, what should I do?

jgl07
06-04-2018, 12:43 AM

The punchline of a film is at the end. Leave early and you may never find out what happened.

The desert in your scran us at the end. Leave early and I'll eat your cheese and crackers.

Also, if because of other commitments, I've got the choice of watching Hibs for 80 minutes or not at all, what should I do?
Did you leave Tynecastle with Hearts 2-0 up in the Scottish Cup with ten minutes to go?

Or leave the Cup Final with Sevco 2-1 and ten minutes or so left?

It’s your choice but sometimes matches have a habit of turning around.

I was in London many years ago and went to see West Ham against Leeds United. It was an increadibly boring match with Don Revie’s Leeds grinding out a 2-0 win. I left with ten minutes to go. As I was walking out of the Boleyn Ground I heard a roar. A minute or so later there was another roar. I later found out that West Ham came back to 2-2 only for Leeds to win 3-2 in injury time. I vowed never to leave a match early again and by and large I have kept to this.

I did leave a Hibs match at Dunfermline last season with 5 minutes to go because I needed to catch a train to get me to Haymarket to make a connection to Manchester. I also left a match at Manchester City a few minutes early because we had tickets fir a gig in Otley and needed to get a tram to the Park and Ride in Ashton to get to Leeds in time. We made it with 30 seconds to spare.

NAE NOOKIE
06-04-2018, 01:07 AM
The Partick Thistle game was ridiculous, by the time the final whistle went practically half the crowd had already left, mind you it was bloody freezing so I suppose folk just wanted to get into the warm :greengrin

I don't think I have ever left a game at ER early even if we were getting cuffed and I don't really understand folk who do, especially to beat the traffic and believe me its a consideration for our group so its not as if I'm not in the same boat. At the end of the day you pay £22 whether you stay for 90 minutes or 80 minutes I suppose so folk can do what they want.

The one thing about it that does annoy me a wee bit is to see the players acknowledging the crowd at the end with the stadium rapidly emptying ... I just think its nice for the players to see folk hang about to applaud them, especially after a good performance.

Radium
06-04-2018, 03:27 AM
The Partick Thistle game was ridiculous, by the time the final whistle went practically half the crowd had already left, mind you it was bloody freezing so I suppose folk just wanted to get into the warm :greengrin

I don't think I have ever left a game at ER early even if we were getting cuffed and I don't really understand folk who do, especially to beat the traffic and believe me its a consideration for our group so its not as if I'm not in the same boat. At the end of the day you pay £22 whether you stay for 90 minutes or 80 minutes I suppose so folk can do what they want.

The one thing about it that does annoy me a wee bit is to see the players acknowledging the crowd at the end with the stadium rapidly emptying ... I just think its nice for the players to see folk hang about to applaud them, especially after a good performance.

Given that my son started Work at 6 we left on 90 minutes. Felt strange as we are normally there till the end.

The surprise was we were back in West Lothian half an hour earlier than usual having only left 3 minutes early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NZ Green
06-04-2018, 03:57 AM
I don't get why people have to pat themselves on the back and reinforce their decision to stay for the final whistle by having a go at people who leave early. Obviously it's better if people stay until the end, but they paid for their ticket, they can leave when they want to. It should have no bearing on your enjoyment of the game.

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2018, 05:54 AM
Hibs should create a leaving early section so they can all leave together without disturbing the rest of us.

leither17
06-04-2018, 06:04 AM
It happens at every ground not just hibs

Blaster
06-04-2018, 06:24 AM
Threads like these make me so happy. It means we are doing really well on the pitch that we need to find something else to moan about.

Magic 😉

We should run a sweep to guess what will come next. I’ll go for the brightness of the scoreboard........

ian cruise
06-04-2018, 06:31 AM
Threads like these make me so happy. It means we are doing really well on the pitch that we need to find something else to moan about.

Magic 😉

We should run a sweep to guess what will come next. I’ll go for the brightness of the scoreboard........

Not been a good BTG moan for a good few months, I'll take that. Was torn between that and loyalty points....

Blaster
06-04-2018, 06:32 AM
Not been a good BTG moan for a good few months, I'll take that. Was torn between that and loyalty points....

Good shout

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Hibs should create a leaving early section so they can all leave together without disturbing the rest of us.

:agree: get the letters out. Maybe they could charge a bit less for those seats since they’ll only see 80% of the match?

ian cruise
06-04-2018, 06:44 AM

Copying Hearts again, the big team have three stands dedicated to this.

Pretty Boy
06-04-2018, 06:48 AM
From the FF it always looks like more people leave the East early than stay to the end. The stairs are always rammed from 80 odd minutes onwards. The self proclaimed best fans in the stadium are exactly that.....for 79 minutes.:greengrin

LancsHibs
06-04-2018, 07:05 AM
Some folk may have had a walk up to Waverley cos they needed to catch the last train south so may have left a couple of minutes early as Hibs were cruising at 3-1 against 10 men, others may have had similar or other genuine reasons. Sorry if this annoys some Uber fans.

killie-hibby
06-04-2018, 07:39 AM

Could the coming in late people be accomodated in your leaving early section?

IAmLee
06-04-2018, 07:41 AM
I leave around 85-90mins at night games (derby aside) as if I get the 9.40 bus on ER I make a train which has me home nearly an hour earlier. I don’t get home till after midnight otherwise which is a nightmare for work in the morning.

Nicho87
06-04-2018, 07:44 AM
Left as soon as third goal went in. Sit in bang
in middle of East row cc and takes ridiculously long to leave. Plus I can get back to Fife 30 mins earlier by leaving a game which is over. Don't care if someone is a precious princess about that. Makes sense and it's everybody's decision when they leave at. I never stand on stairs and block people's view when I go. Find those boys very disrespectful

Just Jimmy
06-04-2018, 07:47 AM
Should see it at Old Trafford...

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Folk have paid their money its their choice when they leave, its bugger all to do with anyone else. Do folk get shouted at for arriving late or getting up to go for a piss or a pie during the match?

Brightside
06-04-2018, 07:50 AM
Always good to clap the players at the end. They really appreciate it.

Shrekko
06-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Folk have paid their money its their choice when they leave, its bugger all to do with anyone else. Do folk get shouted at for arriving late or getting up to go for a piss or a pie during the match?

Totally. Everyone entitled to do what they want.

However, the numbers who leave ER early are extraordinary and I don't see why it cant be discussed. I'd guess the East Stand was about 80 percent empty at full time on Tuesday.

I've not seen numbers disappear like that at other grounds despite folk claiming otherwise.

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2018, 07:57 AM

Yes of course.

NZ Green
06-04-2018, 08:05 AM
Copying Hearts again, the big team have three stands dedicated to this.
They had a choice between that or a singing section.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2018, 08:35 AM
I did leave a Hibs match at Dunfermline last season with 5 minutes to go because I needed to catch a train to get me to Haymarket to make a connection to Manchester. I also left a match at Manchester City a few minutes early because we had tickets fir a gig in Otley and needed to get a tram to the Park and Ride in Ashton to get to Leeds in time. We made it with 30 seconds to spare.

Exactly my point.

Your choice was either to plan to leave early, or not go to the match.

You just wouldn't go to the cinema in the same circumstances.

What you did was perfectly understandable and why people can't see that is beyond me.

flash
06-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Makes you wonder what the team have to do just to get a decent round of applause at the end of a game.

CallumLaidlaw
06-04-2018, 08:40 AM
Left as soon as third goal went in. Sit in bang
in middle of East row cc and takes ridiculously long to leave. Plus I can get back to Fife 30 mins earlier by leaving a game which is over. Don't care if someone is a precious princess about that. Makes sense and it's everybody's decision when they leave at. I never stand on stairs and block people's view when I go. Find those boys very disrespectful

I’m pretty much the same. For midweek games, I drive and my 69 year old Dad has work at 7am the next morning. Leaving at 87mins can get us home around half an hour earlier.

Normally when we play hearts midweek and stay for SoL, it can be well after 11 before we get home. Worth the tiredness for that one tho [emoji6]

speedy_gonzales
06-04-2018, 09:02 AM
My personal thoughts are you can leave or stay as you see fit, it doesn't make you an uber-fan or not.
HOWEVER, if fans do choose to leave whilst the game is still on I'd prefer it if they did in fact leave and not congregate at the exits. This leads to crowds backing up on the stairs which in turn obscure the views for those still sitting in their seats next to the steps.

Greenbeard
06-04-2018, 09:14 AM

Magic 😉

Too right. Don't get me started on these p*shy energy saving bulbs..............

SON OF PADDY
06-04-2018, 09:32 AM
My personal thoughts are you can leave or stay as you see fit, it doesn't make you an uber-fan or not.
HOWEVER, if fans do choose to leave whilst the game is still on I'd prefer it if they did in fact leave and not congregate at the exits. This leads to crowds backing up on the stairs which in turn obscure the views for those still sitting in their seats next to the steps.

I concur !
You can leave whenever you want to,just don't block my view.
It does my head in !!😠😠

Carheenlea
06-04-2018, 09:43 AM
There was a time when folk would try and save a bit of time getting out by moving down to seats near the front and exits in readiness for a sharp getaway, but the increase in crowds have limited that option. Nobody likes standing about in a queue, but it’s a bit less of a hardship after watching this Hibs team.

Geo_1875
06-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Totally. Everyone entitled to do what they want.

However, the numbers who leave ER early are extraordinary and I don't see why it cant be discussed. I'd guess the East Stand was about 80 percent empty at full time on Tuesday.

I've not seen numbers disappear like that at other grounds despite folk claiming otherwise.

You should get yourself to a Hibs game at Sevco. They empty out so early I often think I've missed the alarm going off.

My_Wife_Camille
06-04-2018, 09:50 AM
Early leavers are Almost as bad as those who can’t be arsed to turn up in the first place. The club should introduce a system that tracks early leavers and once a certain threshold is met they should be denied priority for tickets to cup finals etc so someone who actually cares about the club can go instead

Geo_1875
06-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Early leavers are Almost as bad as those who can’t be arsed to turn up in the first place. The club should introduce a system that tracks early leavers and once a certain threshold is met they should be denied priority for tickets to cup finals etc so someone who actually cares about the club can go instead

Everyone should stay for the final whistle. Imagine missing the chance to boo the team if they manage to throw the game away in the last few minutes.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2018, 09:53 AM

:faf:

Gatecrasher
06-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Personally don't car or mind people leaving early however there is an issue because I can see the game when they stop to watch the last few minutes on the steps. stay in your seat or **** off!

we are hibs
06-04-2018, 10:00 AM
i usually stand on the steps last ten minutes. you get a great view from there, no one in your way.

G B Young
06-04-2018, 10:06 AM
I think when you have young kids with you it can be a long time for them to sit through a game, especially once the sweets/crisps etc run out! I've left as early as half time in the past, but more often after an hour or so as that's sometimes long enough for them on a cold day - especially if there's not much happening on the pitch. By leaving that early you're not really bothering anyone too much. Yes you might miss a fair chunk of the game but from the kids' point of view it's about giving them a flavour of the experience but not forcing them to endure something they're not really old enough to sit through for the whole 90 minutes. It also means we don't end up in a big queue for the bus home!

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 10:07 AM
i usually stand on the steps last ten minutes. you get a great view from there, no one in your way.

Top, top trolling. :applause:

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 10:09 AM

What kind of lily-livered talk is that? They need to go the whole hog and tag season ticket holders. No chip, no season ticket.

That way, like pets, they could keep a proper eye on who is there, who is missing, who is leaving early and who is arriving late.

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 10:10 AM

Surely the early half-time pie brigade could be accommodated in that section too? From a distance it would make spectacular viewing with all the movement.

GreenCastle
06-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Transport, Work and family emergencies for example - people leave for all different reasons at any time of event - not just Easter Road

I never leave early but against Hamilton it was baltic and had to be somewhere else. I left at 90 mins from the East Stand.

Did I feel guilty no - I made the effort to come out on a horrible evening to support the club. Of course clapping the players off is nice but as long as the club get my season ticket renewal(which they have) they will probably be quite content.

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 10:17 AM
Surely the early half-time pie brigade could be accommodated in that section too? From a distance it would make spectacular viewing with all the movement.

The trouble with doing that for the early half-time pie brigade is that they're doing it to get a jump on the other guys who get half-time pies. If you put them all together, they'd start slipping out earlier still in a rampant positive feedback loop, and by the end of the season, they'd all be turning up to games two hours before the match to spend their time in a lengthy pie queue.

green with envy
06-04-2018, 10:21 AM

Wind yer neck in... It's been part of football since day one. FWIW, I only miss 2/3 games a season and stay until the end for 95% of these games.

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 10:22 AM
The trouble with doing that for the early half-time pie brigade is that they're doing it to get a jump on the other guys who get half-time pies. If you put them all together, they'd start slipping out earlier still in a rampant positive feedback loop, and by the end of the season, they'd all be turning up to games two hours before the match to spend their time in a lengthy pie queue.

What do you mean "the trouble with doing that"? You're exposition on the consequences of the idea just sold me on the proposition completely.

J-C
06-04-2018, 10:30 AM
I always leave a few minutes early on a saturday as I go back out to work in the taxi which is parked at Lochend Rd near the shops, I was to avoid the main traffic that comes with a game coming out.

NAE NOOKIE
06-04-2018, 10:33 AM
What kind of lily-livered talk is that? They need to go the whole hog and tag season ticket holders. No chip, no season ticket.

That way, like pets, they could keep a proper eye on who is there, who is missing, who is leaving early and who is arriving late.

Maybe not a chip, chips are so Hertz. But when you sign up for your first ST why don't the ticket office tattoo the bar code onto you ... that way all they ever have to do is activate your lifelong tattoo ST when you pay for the following season .... it will save a fortune in admin and will also be good for the planet :greengrin

keep the faith
06-04-2018, 10:35 AM
It happens at every ground not just hibs

I think it's pretty bad at hibs. Not sure other teams fans leave as early as ours when they are winning.

That's the honest truth.

#staytiltheend

we are hibs
06-04-2018, 10:35 AM
Top, top trolling. :applause:

I'm not trolling. i do it every week. If people at the end of the row don't like it then i suggest they move seats

Diclonius
06-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Personally don't leave Hibs games early (aside from a certain one). I will however start to walk toward the exit around injury time and take a vacant seat next to the exit (if possible) to avoid the crowd at FT.

What I've never understood is people getting up and heading inside the stand 5-10 minutes before half time. Is your half-time piss or pie/whatever really so urgent that you're prepared to miss 5-10 minutes of football?

GreenCastle
06-04-2018, 10:41 AM
I think it's pretty bad at hibs. Not sure other teams fans leave as early as ours when they are winning.

That's the honest truth.

#staytiltheend

Have you ever watched an Arsenal game ?!

Actually go to any larger stadium and you will see it happening.

What about music concerts also ? Happens there also.

CallumLaidlaw
06-04-2018, 10:41 AM

That's the honest truth.

#staytiltheend

I think you’re wrong. One example I’ll give you straight away is Parkhead. They start leaving from around 75 mins.

GreenCastle
06-04-2018, 10:43 AM
What I've never understood is people getting up and heading inside the stand 5-10 minutes before half time. Is your half-time piss or pie/whatever really so urgent that you're prepared to miss 5-10 minutes of football?

It’s not rocket science.

I assume people beat the queues for food / toilet or simply just can’t wait another few minutes.

keep the faith
06-04-2018, 10:45 AM
I think you’re wrong. One example I’ll give you straight away is Parkhead. They start leaving from around 75 mins.

I hope I'm wrong mate. I just feel mortified seeing so many leaving early when we are playing like this and not applauding the team off the park.
It doesn't get much better than this so is it not worth taking a little longer to get out the ground??

IGRIGI
06-04-2018, 10:54 AM
Grown men giving it the billy big baws over staying until the final whistle, cringetastic.

keep the faith
06-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Grown men giving it the billy big baws over staying until the final whistle, cringetastic.

Hibs fans not even bothering to watch the full game when the club are playing for second!
A bit cringey too no?

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2018, 11:04 AM
Wind yer neck in... It's been part of football since day one. FWIW, I only miss 2/3 games a season and stay until the end for 95% of these games.

😂

Wind your own neck in if you can't recognise a bit of humour ya daftie. 😁

Greenbeard
06-04-2018, 11:10 AM
FFS. Late arriving, half-time pie, 3-pint p*sh, knee trembler roon the back, early leaver etc etc, just make yer move when there is a suitable break in play.

GreenNWhiteArmy
06-04-2018, 11:15 AM
If I've got my nephew or kids with me, I may leave 5 mins early depending on how the game is going to avoid the stampede at full time.

If I'm myself I've no issues with working my way through the crowds at full time and the traffic that entails

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 11:27 AM
The east and the F5 upper are a nightmare to get out of so presumably that’s why folk choose to miss some of the match.

We’d struggle to clear the place in an emergency.

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 11:36 AM
The east and the F5 upper are a nightmare to get out of so presumably that’s why folk choose to miss some of the match.

We’d struggle to clear the place in an emergency.

In an emergency, people could go onto the pitch and out of the ground via one of the west-side corners onto Albion Place.

Deejk107
06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
Hibs fans not even bothering to watch the full game when the club are playing for second!
A bit cringey too no?

I wouldn't say that it's cringey if fans don't bother to watch the full game, they paid for their ticket, they do what they want. You don't know them or what situation they're in that day, a boy could leave on 75 mins because his dad's in the hospital and would be judged by all these cringelords acting that they're true Hibs fans or care more as they stay the 90 minutes. That's just embarrassing behaviour if i'm honest.

Mantis Toboggan
06-04-2018, 11:39 AM
People seem to get wound up very easily. Someone squeezing past takes about one second. Got to find something to moan about I suppose given that on the park things are going well.

Bostonhibby
06-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Surely the early half-time pie brigade could be accommodated in that section too? From a distance it would make spectacular viewing with all the movement.[emoji23]

A sort of Mexican wave where a red hot mixture of pastry cardboard wallpaper paste and sawdust sweeps round and engulfs everyone who doesn't fit into the ideal fan model. Am liking it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
06-04-2018, 11:47 AM

Try telling that to the Motherwell fans who left before the climax of the 6-6, or the Jambos who left and missed the 4-4 at Tynecastle!

yonder1875
06-04-2018, 11:48 AM
People can leave when they want but I sit in row J in the East and stay til the end and it's not fair when people stand on the steps for 5/10 mins and block people's view who are sitting in their seat.

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 11:50 AM
In an emergency, people could go onto the pitch and out of the ground via one of the west-side corners onto Albion Place.

From the F5 upper?

Albanian Hibs
06-04-2018, 12:25 PM
A bit cringey too no?

I leave my seat in row U in the east with less than 5 mins to go and go and stand or grab a seat down the front til the final whistle goes. The east is a nightmare to get out of. If this makes me "cringey" then so be it. Will see you up at Dingwall tomorrow 👍

flash
06-04-2018, 12:28 PM
At least the punters leaving early turn up at all. Unlike half the lower famous Five........

SON OF PADDY
06-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Great idea no need carry your season ticket 😁
The club could advertise it as the
" I've got Hibs under my skin "
Season ticket for life.🇳🇬😉🇳🇬

RossScott1991
06-04-2018, 12:43 PM
Good times when this is only thing to moan about these days. I normally stay to the end, I sit in the east but on Tuesday left 5mins early with my dad,as he was driving and stresses out more than me. Gives him a jump on the traffic and bypass home. Game was over.

Each to their own, no problem with anyone leaving. As the east is a nightmare to get out of.

green with envy
06-04-2018, 12:54 PM
😂

Wind your own neck in if you can't recognise a bit of humour ya daftie. 😁

I should have got it with you being a scouser 'n all.:rolleyes: And for the daftie comment.:spammy:

Aim Here
06-04-2018, 12:55 PM
From the F5 upper?

The Famous 5 upper isn't anywhere near as bad to escape from as the East Stand, which is the stand that's causing the most problems.

Anyways, despite my advancing years, I still reckon I'd be fit enough to jump down to the lower tier if it was *really* necessary, leaving the staircase clear for the people who need it!

Danderhall Hibs
06-04-2018, 01:05 PM
The Famous 5 upper isn't anywhere near as bad to escape from as the East Stand, which is the stand that's causing the most problems.

Anyways, despite my advancing years, I still reckon I'd be fit enough to jump down to the lower tier if it was *really* necessary, leaving the staircase clear for the people who need it!

It’s my first season in the F5 upper and it’s just as bad as the east (where I sat last season).

SRHibs
06-04-2018, 01:10 PM
I'm not trolling. i do it every week. If people at the end of the row don't like it then i suggest they move seats

You’re right to be fair. People should definitely be changing seats to make sure “we are Hibs” can both leave early and get as good a view as possible!

In reality, if you feel you’re unable to stay seated for the full 90 minutes then it’s likely you who should look at moving seats.

jonty
06-04-2018, 01:18 PM

the bonus being that you'd need only two-thirds of the seats.
Late comers get the seats that the early door pie-brigade vacate.
By the time the pie-brigade return, they can stand in the aisles, forcing the early leavers to leave. early.

Seating crisis averted.

Keith_M
06-04-2018, 01:27 PM
I like the idea of sections specially for people that have to arrive late or leave early. That way the only people they'd affect are their like minded compatriots.

Then, in the other sections, you could just close the turnstyles when the game starts and refuse to open the exit gates until it's finished.

:greengrin

PatHead
06-04-2018, 01:31 PM
Life was much easier when we were crap in the late 70's and most of the 80s and crowds were smaller. No need to worry about queues and blocking views. Could leave the pub at ten to and still see the kick off as well. Oh for the good old days.

There are lots of down sides to us winning the cup.

One Day Soon
06-04-2018, 02:52 PM
the bonus being that you'd need only two-thirds of the seats.
Late comers get the seats that the early door pie-brigade vacate.
By the time the pie-brigade return, they can stand in the aisles, forcing the early leavers to leave. early.

Seating crisis averted.

That's genius.

therealgavmac
06-04-2018, 03:10 PM
Did you leave Tynecastle with Hearts 2-0 up in the Scottish Cup with ten minutes to go?

Or leave the Cup Final with Sevco 2-1 and ten minutes or so left?

It’s your choice but sometimes matches have a habit of turning around.

I was in London many years ago and went to see West Ham against Leeds United. It was an increadibly boring match with Don Revie’s Leeds grinding out a 2-0 win. I left with ten minutes to go. As I was walking out of the Boleyn Ground I heard a roar. A minute or so later there was another roar. I later found out that West Ham came back to 2-2 only for Leeds to win 3-2 in injury time. I vowed never to leave a match early again and by and large I have kept to this.

I can beat that, again at West Ham in the old 2nd Division in the 1978/9 season..... Home v Cambridge United.... 1-0 with 10 to go so I left to get the underground from Upton Park...... ran so didn’t hear anything...... listening to a guys radio when I got to Embankment, West Ham had won 5-0 FFS

we are hibs
06-04-2018, 03:17 PM
You’re right to be fair. People should definitely be changing seats to make sure “we are Hibs” can both leave early and get as good a view as possible!

In reality, if you feel you’re unable to stay seated for the full 90 minutes then it’s likely you who should look at moving seats.

what if you need a pish?

Scouse Hibee
06-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Don't me started on people who arrive early and leave late.

Craig_HFC
06-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Well I must be a proper uber-fan because I’m too busy watching the game to notice anyone leaving early from the stands.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
06-04-2018, 03:42 PM
I arrive 5 minutes late, go to the bogs at least 3 times, go for a pie 5 minutes before half time and leave 5 minutes early to escape the rush.

Hibs should give me a discount on my season ticket.

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 03:44 PM
A few whoosh moments on this thread. One or two posters have been "had". :fishin: :greengrin

Hibbyradge
06-04-2018, 04:11 PM
I once left 90 minutes early. 96, if you count injury time.

SRHibs
06-04-2018, 04:12 PM
what if you need a pish?

A real fan would just pish themselves while they continue to watch the game.

eastcoasthibby
06-04-2018, 04:18 PM
Between the "getting in laters" at every game where I sit in the East, there are those who go for their pie, chips , coffee or whatever about 10 minutes before half time and are often back before thehalf time whistle goes and thenthe early leavers ...so all told there is about 20 minutes of disruption around me each game .... just wonder about some of these peoples priorities in watching their team on matchday ? like most others I want to see all the game ...just thought I would addthisto thearly leavers debate 😁

Hermit Crab
06-04-2018, 04:20 PM

What about the bed wetters? :greengrin

heretoday
06-04-2018, 04:57 PM

Normal practice back in the 70s. Just go to the top of the terrace or into a rolled-up newspaper if necessary.

It's health and safety gone crazy nowadays.

hibby6270
06-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Try telling that to the Motherwell fans who left before the climax of the 6-6, or the Jambos who left and missed the 4-4 at Tynecastle!

These things aren't really comparible

Not always the case. I recall a game at ER a few years back against Rangers. We went 3-1 up after about 50 minutes and went on to lose 3-4 thanks to Gasgoigne and Albertz. OK - slightly different circumstances to Tuesday night but proof that anything can happen in a game.

My previous comments are only my personal thoughts. I don’t leave until after the final whistle. I’ve got nothing against anyone leaving early. Mrs Hibby6270 does it almost every game. In fact, have to admit she left when we went 2-1 up on Tuesday, simply because she was bloody freezing.

Greenbeard
06-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Normal practice back in the 70s. Just go to the top of the terrace or into a rolled-up newspaper if necessary.

That was the healthy safe way to go in the 70s given the state of the facilities!

WoreTheGreen
06-04-2018, 05:40 PM
That was the healthy safe way to go in the 70s given the state of the facilities!

Hope it was the record

RyeSloan
06-04-2018, 06:02 PM
I’m not sure why the Stewards don’t make the early leavers who don’t leave then manage to block the exits by standing just move...if folk knew they would t be allowed to stand at the bottom of the stairs then they would either just actually leave (which would make egress easier for everyone following) or stay until the end (which would allow the folk who have paid for their seat lower down to get to see the end of the game).

As it is even if you want to leave 5 mins early you can’t as the stairs are blocked by the leaver/stander types...

sleeping giant
06-04-2018, 06:11 PM
Not always the case. I recall a game at ER a few years back against Rangers. We went 3-1 up after about 50 minutes and went on to lose 3-4 thanks to Gasgoigne and Albertz. OK - slightly different circumstances to Tuesday night but proof that anything can happen in a game.

My previous comments are only my personal thoughts. I don’t leave until after the final whistle. I’ve got nothing against anyone leaving early. Mrs Hibby6270 does it almost every game. In fact, have to admit she left when we went 2-1 up on Tuesday, simply because she was bloody freezing.

I remember that game.
We were 3-0 at half time

danhibees1875
06-04-2018, 07:01 PM
I’m not sure why the Stewards don’t make the early leavers who don’t leave then manage to block the exits by standing just move...if folk knew they would t be allowed to stand at the bottom of the stairs then they would either just actually leave (which would make egress easier for everyone following) or stay until the end (which would allow the folk who have paid for their seat lower down to get to see the end of the game).

As it is even if you want to leave 5 mins early you can’t as the stairs are blocked by the leaver/stander types...

You're not meant to stand there as it blocks the exit. Stewards would tell you to move on, but by the last 5 minutes they've to stand pitch side and obviously can't do both those things.

Hibbyradge
06-04-2018, 09:31 PM
There are a lot of folk on here who like to gamble.

Of course anything could happen in the game after you've left 5 minutes before the final whistle.

Leaving early is just another way to get your risk fix. Except it doesn't cost you anything.

I actually think that people who don't wear club colours to games aren't real supporters.

Lancs Harp
06-04-2018, 10:00 PM
This topic I would guess has been discussed on every football message board from Brechin City to Celtic, from Accrington Stanley to Manchester United. My own take, you pay your money, you turn up and leave when you want. Personally Ive never left a Hibs game early but thats probably because of the time it takes me to get there in the first place, I'll be f****d if Im leaving early, win lose or draw. Everyones circumstance is different.

kevinc
06-04-2018, 10:34 PM
I remember that game.
We were 3-0 at half time
I thought that it was 3-1 at half time then Crawford missed an opportunity to kill it off, then Gazza and Albertz took control.

I had a couple of pints with Gazza an his mate in a hotel in Gateshead not long after this game and he was very complimentary of Kevin Harper , he said that Harper had got the better of him initially and had stuckto his task. I GUESS THAT it is easy to be humble when you win!

Hibbyradge
06-04-2018, 11:26 PM
I thought that it was 3-1 at half time then Crawford missed an opportunity to kill it off, then Gazza and Albertz took control.

I had a couple of pints with Gazza an his mate in a hotel in Gateshead not long after this game and he was very complimentary of Kevin Harper , he said that Harper had got the better of him initially and had stuckto his task. I GUESS THAT it is easy to be humble when you win!

Jimmy Boco missed the chance to make it 4-1, iirc.

SonOfDavidFrancey
06-04-2018, 11:28 PM

Or in an empty Tennents tin with the ring pull out

CmoantheHibs
06-04-2018, 11:29 PM

would never work. Imagine the stampede to get out just before kick off to beat the queues.

WhileTheChief..
06-04-2018, 11:58 PM
Folk going a few minutes early to get a pie at half time is fine.

Folk trying to walk back to their seat with their pie just as everyone else is trying to head towards the concourse is not so good. Some might call them idiots!

spike220
07-04-2018, 02:40 AM
You could have an early leavers singing section

donald_paterson
07-04-2018, 08:01 AM
Personally I like to stay till final whistle whatever the score. In the 60s I once left early by accident when I mistook refs whistle for penalty as the final whistle v Dundee. Even then so many other folk were leaving I didn’t really notice till I met my dad at the car later to find I had missed 2 goals! (Finished 3-2 I think). Never made the same mistake again. I have been late getting in a few times and it feels weird on the outside when a game is on.

Keith_M
07-04-2018, 08:06 AM
I arrive 5 minutes late, go to the bogs at least 3 times, go for a pie 5 minutes before half time and leave 5 minutes early to escape the rush.

Hibs should give me a discount on my season ticket.

I think they should be paying you!

:wink:

heretoday
08-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Or in an empty Tennents tin with the ring pull out

Always remember to pull out the ring. Always.

SonOfDavidFrancey
08-04-2018, 09:08 AM
Always remember to pull out the ring. Always.

Even with the ring pull out it was a perilous business

Keith_M
08-04-2018, 09:11 AM
Even with the ring pull out it was a perilous business

Is that why Circumcision is more common among older football fans?

:dunno: