PDA

View Full Version : Liam Fontaine

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 06:33 PM
I’m sure the big guy will get a good reception at the start on Saturday, although Hibs come first

Think he’s the 2nd of the cup winning squad to play against us, 1st one didn’t get the best of receptions

Fife-Hibee
05-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Hope he does’’ he will from us anyway!

Ozyhibby
05-04-2018, 06:40 PM
I’m sure the big guy will get a good reception at the start on Saturday, although Hibs come first

Think he’s the 2nd of the cup winning squad to play against us, 1st one didn’t get the best of receptions

Is he on loan or did we release him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 06:42 PM

That’s a good point, presume he can play against us?

Edit - Free transfer

Sir David Gray
05-04-2018, 06:43 PM

That’s a good point, presume he can play against us?

He was released and signed a permanent deal so he'll play assuming he's fit.

DaveF
05-04-2018, 06:48 PM

Right, I give up.

Who was the first? Henderson cameo for Celtc?

Fergus52
05-04-2018, 06:49 PM
Right, I give up.

Cummings I think

Sir David Gray
05-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Right, I give up.

Cummings at Ibrox a couple of months ago.

LithgaeHibby
05-04-2018, 06:51 PM
He's had a very tough time since he joined County. If they go down it would be a shame to see him back in the Championship as he deserves a good shot at the Premiership. He was one of the stalwarts who stuck it with Hibs throughout the Championship years and I wish him nothing but the best (maybe I'm just biased because my son was pictured in the Evening News having a kickabout with the big man 😀).

DaveF
05-04-2018, 06:52 PM
Haha, of course. I went through the team and totally forgot about him. Old age kicking in :-D

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Haha, of course. I went through the team and totally forgot about him. Old age kicking in :-D

I gave him a warm reception, a number of others didn’t, which was disappointing
Won’t have any dissent with Liam though

lord bunberry
05-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Big fonts is a legend, he didn’t want to leave but he knew he wasn’t going to be getting much game time. I hope he gets a great reception from the hibs fans. He totally bought into the whole hibs thing while he was here.

Ilovehibs
05-04-2018, 07:02 PM
Big man deserves ( and I'm sure he will get) a very warm reception from the Hibbies on Saturday.
Was a pity that his move to County happened so quickly that he didn't get a proper send off. Saturday will be first opportunity for us to acknowledge our respect for Fonts.

A wee burst of "Coming straight out of Leith" would be fitting!

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2018, 07:03 PM
I gave him a warm reception, a number of others didn’t, which was disappointing
Won’t have any dissent with Liam though

More to do with who he was playing for. If Celtic had signed him he'd have got a standing ovation from our end.

Sir David Gray
05-04-2018, 07:10 PM
More to do with who he was playing for. If Celtic had signed him he'd have got a standing ovation from our end.

Sad but true.

Sauzee16
05-04-2018, 07:24 PM
He’s one of our own.

matty_f
05-04-2018, 07:29 PM
Big fonts is a legend, he didn’t want to leave but he knew he wasn’t going to be getting much game time. I hope he gets a great reception from the hibs fans. He totally bought into the whole hibs thing while he was here.

:agree:

Got nothing but love for the guy. He loved it at Hibs and never let us down.

bigwheel
05-04-2018, 07:57 PM
deserves a great response....top notch guy, who definitely "got" our club...

Jim44
05-04-2018, 08:05 PM
I wish Fontaine all the best and hope he has a good game but I hope he is a very disappointed guy at the end of the game.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2018, 08:19 PM

Yawn......:aok:

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2018, 08:26 PM
Yawn......:aok:

Have i missed something?

Squirrel 1875
05-04-2018, 08:28 PM
Had two great seasons with us, but never got going during his third. Thankfully he hasn’t kept his singing career up, that hibs song will go down as one of the worst.

NORTHERNHIBBY
05-04-2018, 08:30 PM
He is good enough for the SPL. Not sure if he is only signed to the season end but he would be good signing for St Mirren or Livingston should they go up as well.

lord bunberry
05-04-2018, 08:35 PM

That’s true. He was always a solid 7/10 in every game he played. He was just unlucky with injuries.

jgl07
05-04-2018, 08:39 PM

Who? You or Liam?

Clerie Green
05-04-2018, 08:39 PM
Fontaine , gentleman, wish him all the best .
cummings , absolute Hibees legend , wish him all the worst !

:na na:

.Sean.
05-04-2018, 08:46 PM
As embarrassing as it is true unfortunately

Clerie Green
05-04-2018, 08:51 PM

He didnt !

superfurryhibby
05-04-2018, 08:54 PM

Some people over stimulate themselves about this, that's what is more unfortunate.

keep the faith
05-04-2018, 08:57 PM
I think any member of that cup winning side should get a good reception from hibs fans if they come back to play against us. That would be true hibs class.

Fonts ceetaunly deserves a warm reception on Saturday.

Iggy Pope
05-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Some people over stimulate themselves about this, that's what is more unfortunate.

:wink:
Couple of the usual suspects. Spoiling for a barney when there's not one to be had.
As you said....yawn.

superfurryhibby
05-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Couple of the usual suspects. Spoiling for a barney when there's not one to be had.
As you said....yawn.

Indeed.

Back to Liam Fontaine. He served us well, stayed when it seemed like he might leave and won the cup. Now at the tail end of his career and well worthy of a bit of respect from us. Hope his side are soundly cuffed on Saturday, but he'll always fet a warm welcome from me when he visits ER, as he surely will in years to come.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 09:05 PM
As you said....yawn.

Such a shame it always results like this on here!
I might delete the thread, which would be unfortunate, as the subject was to praise Liam at the start of the game for his contribution

All Hibs Cup winners should be recognised by our fans, it’s not as if we win it every year

Ilovehibs
05-04-2018, 09:13 PM
I might delete the thread, which would be unfortunate, as the subject was to praise Liam at the start of the game for his contribution

All Hibs Cup winners should be recognised by our fans, it’s not as if we win it every year

Hear hear Billy

Bostonhibby
05-04-2018, 09:20 PM

All Hibs Cup winners should be recognised by our fans, it’s not as if we win it every yearAgreed. Liam was a great servant to the club, a real good defender and a good man as well. Wish him all the best except when kick off time comes if he plays against Hibs.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Sir David Gray
05-04-2018, 09:20 PM

I actually agreed with the original comment but I don't think that should take over the topic of conversation on this thread.

Liam Fontaine is a club legend and assuming he plays on Saturday, he should be given the reception that a legend deserves. :not worth

BigT-Hibeez
05-04-2018, 09:27 PM

Apart from the League cup final, ironically vs Ross County.. He was partly at fault for the first goal, went up and equalised, then gifted them the winner..

But still a legend..

Didn't he even write and sing a wee Hibs song on his guitar?

Pretty Boy
05-04-2018, 09:29 PM
Legend, he'll get a good reception from me.

B.H.F.C
05-04-2018, 09:35 PM
Always liked Fontaine. Hope he has a shocker on Saturday though!

LaMotta
05-04-2018, 10:02 PM

deserves a great response....top notch guy, who definitely "got" our club...

That’s true. He was always a solid 7/10 in every game he played. He was just unlucky with injuries.

He is a Scottish Cup winner, Championship winner and undefeated against Hearts ( where he was brilliant in all derbies).

Should be entitled to a great reception!

mjhibby
06-04-2018, 07:05 AM
I think any member of that cup winning side should get a good reception from hibs fans if they come back to play against us. That would be true hibs class.

Here, here.

Smartie
06-04-2018, 07:18 AM

I agree with this, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to insert a Hun clause into the agreement - the agreement is off in the case of any hero choosing to accept the blue pound.

Of course, we can resume pleasantries again once the player leaves Rangers.

Eh no Jase?

Iggy Pope
06-04-2018, 07:26 AM

No need to delete your thread Billy. Looks like they're quietening down. The love for Liam will prevail.

Beefster
06-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Fontaine is an utter gentleman. Should never get anything but love from any Hibs supporter.

erin go bragh
06-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Really! Don’t remember Didier , Laursen,Killen ,Deeks ,Brown getting such treatment.

Michael
06-04-2018, 01:29 PM
Really! Don’t remember Didier , Laursen,Killen ,Deeks ,Brown getting such treatment.

Brown didn't get booed after joning Celtic, which is quite a compliment.

Eyrie
06-04-2018, 05:23 PM
I agree with this, but I don't think it would be unreasonable to insert a Hun clause into the agreement - the agreement is off in the case of any hero choosing to accept the blue pound.

Of course, we can resume pleasantries again once the player leaves Rangers.

Eh no Jase?

But what if he then signed for Hearts?

I'd find it very difficult to applaud any ex-player playing for either Ugly Sister or for Hearts unless they applauded us first.

Sauzee16
06-04-2018, 05:43 PM

Agathe got the loudest abuse ever given. Caldwell got booed to fk too as would have Scott Allan had he played.

Sauzee16
06-04-2018, 05:44 PM

I'd find it very difficult to applaud any ex-player playing for either Ugly Sister or for Hearts unless they applauded us first.

If Stokesy came back in a hearts top I’d applaud him like mad.

Smartie
06-04-2018, 05:47 PM

I don't have nearly the same ill feeling towards Celtic or Hearts as I do towards Rangers.

It would be tragic more than anything if any of our glorious cup heroes had to drop to Hearts' level before hanging up their boots.

Apart from being much more fun, I'd imagine it would make more financial sense for the hard-up fallen hero to do the after dinner speaking circuit regaling us with half-true stories of Conrad Logan's eating exploits than to wonder whether or not their maroon pay cheque was going to bounce again this month.

jacomo
06-04-2018, 05:51 PM

:agree: :agree:

adhibs
06-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Fontaine is an utter gentleman. Should never get anything but love from any Hibs supporter.

Exactly how I feel. Would imagine hed get a brilliant reception at easter road.

SirDavidsNapper
06-04-2018, 07:10 PM
Model pro, gentleman and wore our colours with pride imortalising himself in the process. Nothing else to add really