PDA

View Full Version : Lafferty

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 08:56 AM
What did I miss from Sunday’s game?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

DaveF
05-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Simulation. No surprise there.

Sauzee16
05-04-2018, 08:59 AM

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish-fa/football-governance/disciplinary/disciplinary-updates/

He got booked for diving in the first half. Sure he was booked though so I'm not sure what the further disciplinary discussion is about. :confused:

J-C
05-04-2018, 08:59 AM

He got booked for simulation in the box, he's probably appealing it, there was contact from behind.

Tynie01011973
05-04-2018, 09:00 AM

Says it's for simulation,so must have been for his penalty claim, thought he was booked though?

Bostonhibby

Kyle being Kyle by the sounds of it, in the guys defence, if you train for it all week you only get the 90 minutes so maybe he was just following team orders?

Tomsk
I hear he was simulating a footballer, and has asked for several hundred offences of a similar nature to be taken into account.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 09:01 AM
He got booked for simulation in the box, he's probably appealing it, there was contact from behind.

Can you appeal simulation if you’ve been booked?

PS looks like a busy day at the SFA

Callum_62
05-04-2018, 09:02 AM
It wasnt a dive

JimBHibees
05-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Says it's for simulation,so must have been for his penalty claim, thought he was booked though?

Must be another incident if ref booked him as pretty sure you can't appeal a yellow. Ironically we probably want him to play against Aberdeen though if he were to get a 2 game ban could possibly miss the derby if that was the first game after split.

Golden Bear
05-04-2018, 09:03 AM
If its the same incident that I'm thinking about, then yes, it looked like a penalty to me. Time for my medication methinks.

JimBHibees
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
Can you appeal simulation if you’ve been booked?

PS looks like a busy day at the SFA

Don't think you can appeal a yellow. Must be another incident.

brythehibby
05-04-2018, 09:05 AM
I'm sure you can now appeal bookings for simulation. Think it happened a couple of times last season.

Edit - You can. They have done so before.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-appeal-jamie-walker-s-booking-for-diving-1-4315821

where'stheslope
05-04-2018, 09:21 AM
Did we not have a yellow rescinded at Falkirk last season, not sure but I think it was McGinn???

JimBHibees
05-04-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm sure you can now appeal bookings for simulation. Think it happened a couple of times last season.

Edit - You can. They have done so before.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-to-appeal-jamie-walker-s-booking-for-diving-1-4315821

Ok cheers. Doesn't make it clear in the notice it is the player appealing.

Greenbeard
05-04-2018, 09:37 AM
It wasnt a dive
Of course it was a dive. Yes there was some contact but it was absolutely minimal and nowhere near enough to put him off balance never mind send him sprawling the way he went down. All this "he's entitled to go down" p*sh really gets me riled.

Pagan Hibernia
05-04-2018, 09:41 AM
How’s it working out for him at “the biggest club in Edinburgh” and “the third biggest club in Scotland”?

deary me Kyle. How could you get it so wrong?

Booked4Being-Ugly
05-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Of course it was a dive. Yes there was some contact but it was absolutely minimal and nowhere near enough to put him off balance never mind send him sprawling the way he went down. All this "he's entitled to go down" p*sh really gets me riled.Totally agree, there was minimal contact and he went down far too easy to try and con the ref. The Hearts way though.

Stevie Reid
05-04-2018, 09:51 AM
He'll be appealing and it will be overturned I'm sure - would've been a soft pen, but wasn't a dive.

Callum_62
05-04-2018, 09:55 AM
Of course it was a dive. Yes there was some contact but it was absolutely minimal and nowhere near enough to put him off balance never mind send him sprawling the way he went down. All this "he's entitled to go down" p*sh really gets me riled.

Until they start giving pens and free kicks for people who stay on there feet, then this will continue

We would absolutely be going mental if the same happened with Kamberi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geo_1875
05-04-2018, 10:09 AM

Referees should just watch how the player goes down. If he is not moving forward at speed when challenged he can't possibly go down like a dying swan without simulation. Natural reaction when falling to the ground is to put your hands out for protection. If you don't do that then you are diving and cheating.

SChibs
05-04-2018, 11:02 AM
Just cause there isn't contact it doesn't mean it's not a dive. If your opponent makes contact but not enough to make the player fall over the player shouldn't fall over! If you go down cause you feel someone brush against you or touch you then it's a dive.

It's a contact sport after all.

where'stheslope
05-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Just cause there isn't contact it doesn't mean it's not a dive. If your opponent makes contact but not enough to make the player fall over the player shouldn't fall over! If you go down cause you feel someone brush against you or touch you then it's a dive.

It's a contact sport after all.
The problem is, when the player is touched and tries to stay on his feet, the ref lets play continue?
If there is contact and the player is on his feet it is still a penalty, but most ref's ignore it and play on??
So, with the way things are, most players assume that a challenge is coming and go to ground making the ref make a decision!
Your argument is sound until its a corner, there should be a penalty awarded at every corner as the holding and pushing in the box is ridiculous, and most ref's just look away rather than make a decision, even after speaking to the players before the corner is taken!!!!

G B Young
05-04-2018, 11:24 AM
Why bother appealing? Their remaining games are effectively meaningless given that the best they can finish is sixth, so would be a good time to give some more fringe players a run-out.

Tynie01011973
05-04-2018, 12:00 PM

Had a quick look over the road,but doesn't seem to have been picked up by them yet.

Thought they would have been raging 🤔

Greenbeard
05-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Until they start giving pens and free kicks for people who stay on there feet, then this will continue

We would absolutely be going mental if the same happened with Kamberi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nah. I'm not for Hibs trying to win games by cheating. If Kamberi starts diving and conning refs like Lafferty I won't be raging. Would just be sad that he's not the honest hard working player he seems to be.

jacomo
05-04-2018, 12:15 PM
How’s it working out for him at “the biggest club in Edinburgh” and “the third biggest club in Scotland”?

He’s a **** and he works for a ****.

He made the right move I think, good match.

brythehibby
05-04-2018, 12:18 PM

Yeah it doesn't come across very clearly. Not sure when that rule came in but think there's been a few appeals of the same nature.

Pete
05-04-2018, 01:03 PM

You don’t need a notice on the SFA website to tell you that.

Sorry, I thought you said appalling.

05-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Lafferty is an elbowing, diving cheat that looks to go down at every opportunity. This "there was contact" so it was a penalty nonsense plays into the hands of the likes of Lafferty and is ruining the game.

SirDavidsNapper
05-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Bet he's glad he chose the biggest club in Edinburgh 😂 he must be absolutely kicking himself.

Famous Fiver
05-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Timing of a suspension could affect his availability for an Edinburgh derby.

Fancy footwork going on? Do they have a heads up on what the fixtures are going to be post split?

Wouldn't put it past them.

One Day
05-04-2018, 03:31 PM
Lafferty is an elbowing, diving cheat that looks to go down at every opportunity. This "there was contact" so it was a penalty nonsense plays into the hands of the likes of Lafferty and is ruining the game.

Well said

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 03:34 PM
Timing of a suspension could affect his availability for an Edinburgh derby.

Fancy footwork going on? Do they have a heads up on what the fixtures are going to be post split?

Wouldn't put it past them.

He’s on 10 league bookings according to this, plus a straight red.
12 league bookings, like McGinn, is a 2 game ban.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

we are hibs
05-04-2018, 03:39 PM
as much as i dislike him and think he's a ****bag; it was a penalty and not a dive. If it was against us we'd be raging about it.

Michael
05-04-2018, 04:13 PM
He’s on 10 league bookings according to this, plus a straight red.
12 league bookings, like McGinn, is a 2 game ban.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=41614

That's a lot for a striker.

Sauzee16
05-04-2018, 04:20 PM
That's a lot for a striker.

That’s being kind calling him a striker.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 04:29 PM
That’s being kind calling him a striker.

He’s scored a lot more goals than any of our strikers, regardless of the fact, I think he’s a bellend

CRAZYHIBBY
05-04-2018, 05:25 PM
There is no doubt that hes a good player but hes also an absolute twat

Tug Wilson
05-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Why bother appealing? Their remaining games are effectively meaningless given that the best they can finish is sixth, so would be a good time to give some more fringe players a run-out.

They already are giving fringe players a run out. Going through their academy players as quickly as possible. It's their core players that are pony.

blackpoolhibs
05-04-2018, 05:42 PM
The problem is, when the player is touched and tries to stay on his feet, the ref lets play continue?
If there is contact and the player is on his feet it is still a penalty, but most ref's ignore it and play on??
So, with the way things are, most players assume that a challenge is coming and go to ground making the ref make a decision!
Your argument is sound until its a corner, there should be a penalty awarded at every corner as the holding and pushing in the box is ridiculous, and most ref's just look away rather than make a decision, even after speaking to the players before the corner is taken!!!!

While i understand what you are trying to say, i dont quite understand why any players legs seem to fail to work and give way when they have been touched on the shoulder or back?

Berra and this plumb do it all the time.

where'stheslope
05-04-2018, 06:16 PM
While i understand what you are trying to say, i dont quite understand why any players legs seem to fail to work and give way when they have been touched on the shoulder or back?

Berra and this plumb do it all the time.

Which is why i mentioned corner kicks, on this forum nearly every week its quoted that Hanlon or whoever was manhandled in the box and nothing given????
If you watched the Liverpool v Man City game on Wednesday night, you seen a typical hard fought English encounter with a foreign ref and the amount he let go although at times ridiculous it helped the game flow and on at least one of the incidents a goal was scored.
The problem with our ref's are that unless its in favour of the Old Firm they pull back and stop play unnecessary and leave teams and fans fuming, they never seem to play advantage then bring it back if its not forthcoming!!!

SChibs
05-04-2018, 06:30 PM
He’s scored a lot more goals than any of our strikers, regardless of the fact, I think he’s a bellend

Hardly. He has 4 more than kamberi and has definitely played more games!

Lafferty actually has the same amount of yellows than he has goals

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 06:36 PM
Hardly. He has 4 more than kamberi and has definitely played more games!

Lafferty actually has the same amount of yellows than he has goals

17 in all competitions, of which I think 9 are in the league

SChibs
05-04-2018, 06:43 PM
17 in all competitions, of which I think 9 are in the league

Simon Murray has 16 this season albeit 2 for Dundee. I just thought saying 'a lot more' was a bit harsh on our strikers

weecounty hibby
05-04-2018, 08:50 PM
The phrase that really boils my posh at the moment is “he felt contact so he was entitled to go down” what a total nonsense and it is ********s like Andy Walker who I hear saying it. It is cheating plain and simple and is making the job of the incompetent/cheating refs more difficult to do/easier to cheat depending on how you view them

CentreLine
05-04-2018, 08:54 PM

You just described the average hearts player, certainly since I started watching the game over fifty years ago.

Clerie Green
05-04-2018, 08:56 PM
I detest the horrible ****bag maroon balloon bun barsteward ,
but it was a definite penalty , Sweet !

Squirrel 1875
05-04-2018, 09:59 PM
Not a patch on Kamberi, or even Maclaren for that matter.

Clerie Green
05-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Definitely dodged a bullet with that lousy bar steward !

Greenbeard
05-04-2018, 10:20 PM
The phrase that really boils my posh at the moment is “he felt contact so he was entitled to go down” what a total nonsense and it is ********s like Andy Walker who I hear saying it. It is cheating plain and simple and is making the job of the incompetent/cheating refs more difficult to do/easier to cheat depending on how you view them
Indeed. Said the same at #16. These R sole pundits, commentators, coaches etc who say that p*sh are just teaching our kids to do it. Basically teaching them to cheat.

Hi Heid Yin
05-04-2018, 10:34 PM

:agree::agree:

1875godsgift
05-04-2018, 11:21 PM
Indeed. Said the same at #16. These R sole pundits, commentators, coaches etc who say that p*sh are just teaching our kids to do it. Basically teaching them to cheat.

Indeed.

This is how you play football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

This is how you play the Lafferty way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0

I know which I prefer :flag::flag::flag:

Jim44
06-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Indeed.

This is how you play football:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKXlgf37iFQ

This is how you play the Lafferty way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3iUDg6JEo0

I know which I prefer :flag::flag::flag:

That Laugherty performance is one of the most blatantly cheating acts I’ve seen on a football pitch.

Geo_1875
06-04-2018, 12:54 PM

Or worse, "He's anticipated the challenge".

That means he's expecting to be tackled but goes down before any challenge arrives.

That's diving pure and simple.

Greenbeard
06-04-2018, 01:21 PM
Or worse, "He's anticipated the challenge".

That means he's expecting to be tackled but goes down before any challenge arrives.

That's diving pure and simple.

Or is already on his way down and moves into the challenger (as Deacon so obviously did v. the gunts on Sat). Leaving a lazy trailing leg is the same.

Blatant diving is no different in my book to a "professional" foul. It is a deliberate act of cheating. Where it is obvious, in my book it should be upgraded to a straight red, certainly if it takes place in the box. But for sure, without VAR, that would lead to more difficult and potentially controversial decisions by refs. So without VAR, more use should be made of post-match retrospective action where TV replays clearly show someone has gained an advantage by cheating. The more they gained, the harsher the sanction.

JDHibs
06-04-2018, 03:13 PM
His yellow has been rescinded, which means they were done out of a penalty, which is pleasing....

Greenbeard
06-04-2018, 03:23 PM
His yellow has been rescinded, which means they were done out of a penalty, which is pleasing....
More encouragement from the SFA for players to go down on the slightest contact. The netball players at the Commie Games are far tougher than Lafferty and his like.

weecounty hibby
06-04-2018, 03:57 PM

It really. Just means that they don’t think he dived not that they think it was a penalty. Believe it or not not every piece of physical contact = a free kick and just cos laughatme was face down doesn’t mean it was a pen either. It can be neither a booking or a penalty.

Sauzee16
06-04-2018, 05:10 PM

He’s played a whole season as their only forward that’s a harsh unfair on our boys. Think he could do a job?

jeffers
06-04-2018, 05:44 PM
It really. Just means that they don’t think he dived not that they think it was a penalty. Believe it or not not every piece of physical contact = a free kick and just cos laughatme was face down doesn’t mean it was a pen either. It can be neither a booking or a penalty.

They were saying similar on Sportscene, but I couldn't get my head round it. I understand there can be contact without it being a foul, but if that contact is enough to knock a player to the ground surely it's a penalty ? And if the contact isn't deemed enough for the player to go to ground then has he not dived ?

SouthMoroccoStu
06-04-2018, 05:48 PM
7 foot
Is a boot
Plays the flute
And cannae shoot

Glad he “snubbed” us, bigoted twit

1van Sprou7e
06-04-2018, 07:57 PM
7 foot
Is a boot
Plays the flute
And cannae shoot

Glad he “snubbed” us, bigoted twit

He's a f*kin boot
And he cannae shoot
Kyle Lafferty

I'll get my coat

scm70nyd1973
06-04-2018, 09:04 PM

Me too re this - it enrages me when I see it - including the rare occasion it is done by one of our guys (very rare but it is actually worse) very fitting that Walker says this - it’s simple really - if you choose to go down then you are not getting forced down so that = cheating - and what authority backs up the “entitlement” suggestion - what an absolute prize tosser he is.