PDA

View Full Version : Question Europe

BegbieHSC
05-04-2018, 01:35 AM
I don't want to jinx things but it's looking likely we'll be in Euro qualifiers this summer.

Question is, mind that moron of a linesman who ruled JC's equaliser at home to Brondby offside? Lenny went radge, and am right in thinking that he got a 5 match ban as a result, of which he's still 4 games remaining?

These things don't expire, do they?

BlackSheep
05-04-2018, 05:40 AM
You are correct.... It was reduced to 4 matches in appeal so he still has 3 matches to serve.

hibbydog
05-04-2018, 06:27 AM
You are correct.... It was reduced to 4 matches in appeal so he still has 3 matches to serve.

He’ll be back for the group stages then eh 😎

BegbieHSC
05-04-2018, 12:46 PM
He’ll be back for the group stages then eh 😎

What a man!

Squirrel 1875
05-04-2018, 01:19 PM
I don't want to jinx things but it's looking likely we'll be in Euro qualifiers this summer.

Question is, mind that moron of a linesman who ruled JC's equaliser at home to Brondby offside? Lenny went radge, and am right in thinking that he got a 5 match ban as a result, of which he's still 4 games remaining?

These things don't expire, do they?

An absolutely mental decision from the linesman, if I remember correctly. Did we also have a clear penalty shout denied that game?

Scott Allan Key
05-04-2018, 01:23 PM
An absolutely mental decision from the linesman, if I remember correctly. Did we also have a clear penalty shout denied that game?

Wasn’t Maltese.

BegbieHSC
05-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Yepp. Really convinced that we'd have still managed to pull off a win in Brondby too, and got a wee trip to Berlin. Ragin that Lennon can't be there for our opening games - i'd have reacted the exactly same way, however, what Lennon was accused of doing is so unbelievable, as surely there would have been footage of him making 'death threats'?

Geo_1875
05-04-2018, 01:44 PM
He'll probably be away punditing for the World Cup anyway.

Mikey
05-04-2018, 02:41 PM
He'll probably be away punditing for the World Cup anyway.

During a Hibs game?

Aye, whatever.

Diclonius
05-04-2018, 03:02 PM
The earliest we can qualify for Europe is the first week after the split - this would require a fairly unlikely turn of events:

1. We beat Ross County on Saturday, whilst Kilmarnock lose to Partick Thistle.
2. Aberdeen beat Motherwell in the Scottish Cup, ensuring the final will be between them and Celtic or Rangers.
3. Kilmarnock subsequently lose to Hamilton on the same day, ensuring there are 12 points between us going into the split.
4. We better Kilmarnock's result in the first game after the split, ensuring that we will finish at least 4th and that the only teams who can finish above us will also win the Scottish Cup.

Famous Fiver
05-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Heid spinning with all these possibilities.

Hopefully we can get over the line at some stage during the post split fixtures.

southern hibby
05-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Not bothered as Aberdeen and us will end up second and third Killie forth and The Rangers up poo creak without a paddle.

GGTTH