PDA

View Full Version : Singing Section

WeeRussell
04-04-2018, 09:23 PM
Not sure if this has already been discussed or mentioned but are there any plans to change location next season?

I know a good few on here were keen for them to move to the famous five, but I can’t help but think something is lost with them departing from the East, and are a bit out of the way up there? Just my opinion but I think the section is better suited to the East Stand (traditionally the noisier stand at Easter road).

Onceinawhile
04-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Think it's been mentioned a couple of times there's no plans to move.

Thought they were good last night especially when we went a goal down.

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 09:34 PM

They were excellent last night, well done to them

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 09:35 PM
They're getting the lovely padded seats in the middle of the famous five. :agree:

davhibby
04-04-2018, 09:35 PM

Yeah, when people in the FF and that end of the East/West join in it tends to filter round pretty well. Thought the atmosphere was decent last night

Billy Whizz
04-04-2018, 09:52 PM
They're getting the lovely padded seats in the middle of the famous five. :agree:

they need a rail to stand against, don’t think this will be in a padded area!!!
more likely to be in the North/East corner if anywhere

GreenCastle
04-04-2018, 10:14 PM
I actually wish they would use the drum more often.

Too often silence without it.

They were good last but still think it can keep
Improving.

Hospitality next to the singing section next season - will this be an issue ?

Cabbage East
04-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Second trip there last night and it was full of wee dafties throwing sweets down onto the fans in the lower tier or at the first aiders. Think I’ll stick to the East.

Jones28
04-04-2018, 10:34 PM
I think they're doing a great job, but special mention also to the guys still in S43 - they're doing a lot of noise making too 👍

Austinho
04-04-2018, 11:33 PM
I actually wish they would use the drum more often.

Too often silence without it.

They were good last but still think it can keep
Improving.

Hospitality next to the singing section next season - will this be an issue ?Is that right? If so, it absolutely will be an issue. The singing section worked in the East because it's always been traditionally the noiser stand. The more 'exuberant' supporters that sit near the singing section helps it spread further. Having the singing section sandwiched between hospitality on one side, a huge perspex wall on the other, and the family section (which is naturally going to be a tamer atmosphere) below is probably the single worst location for it in the stadium. You can't just have a singing section in isolation and expect it to work.

Ideally, we'd want the singing section to grow organically, with more of the youthful, exuberant fans migrating towards that area over a period of years. That will never happen when that area is all earmarked for hospitality.

Not going to start a debate about moving the section again, but sounds like the singing section is going to be stifled up there.

On another note, I see the blooded turds are setting up a singing section at Tynecastle. It will be in the Wheatfield lower, next to the away fans. Another strange place for it, as they'll have to move for category A games. Expect plenty of nazi salutes etc from the young team.

WeeRussell
04-04-2018, 11:35 PM
I that right? If so, it absolutely will be an issue. The singing section worked in the East because it's always been traditionally the noiser stand. The more 'exuberant' supporters that sit near the singing section helps it spread further. Having the singing section sandwiched between hospitality on one side, a huge perspex wall on the other, and the family section (which is naturally going to be a tamer atmosphere) below is probably the single worst location for it in the stadium.

Ideally, we'd want the singing section to grow organically, with more of the youthful, exuberant fans migrating towards that area over a period of years. That will never happen when that area is all earmarked for hospitality.

Not going to start a debate about moving the section again, but sounds like the singing section is going to be stifled up there.

On another note, I see the blooded turds are setting up a singing section at Tynecastle. It will be in the Wheatfield lower, next to the away fans. Another strange place for it, as they'll have to move for category A games. Expect plenty of nazi salutes etc from the young team.

Are they? I’m sure there was growing concern amongst some of their (more) normal fans about the sectarian and bam element of the young supporters creeping in. If this is the same people they are encouraging to form a singing section they ought to be careful.

Austinho
04-04-2018, 11:40 PM
Are they? I’m sure there was growing concern amongst some of their (more) normal fans about the sectarian and bam element of the young supporters creeping in. If this is the same people they are encouraging to form a singing section they ought to be careful.Aye. Big thread about it on 15pointsback.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_04/IMG_20180403_194812.thumb.jpg.9bd1a1e050214a3bb015 a2a93ca434d3.jpg

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Screenshot_20180403-201929.thumb.png.d1d6a88e3f5e961c92ef3efdcd828289. png

The Gorgoyles.

Daniel_Law
04-04-2018, 11:42 PM
I was in the Singing section vs accies and It was brilliant how everyone picked up when we went a goal down, terrific effort.
GGTTH:flag:

Daniel_Law
04-04-2018, 11:46 PM
Second trip there last night and it was full of wee dafties throwing sweets down onto the fans in the lower tier or at the first aiders. Think I’ll stick to the East.

Me and my mate where a little late to the game, those same dafties chored our seats and when we went up to get them tried their hardest to hide the numbers.. we just shifted to another couple that were free watched them throughout the match chucking stuff... it was the same laddies who vs Partick thistle just called each other "fags" throughout and shouting "stop" when ever a chant began. No idea why they were at the game, didn't watch much of it.

BlackSheep
05-04-2018, 07:03 AM
The issue with the singing section is where it is located now.

My ST is section 40 in the east, from here you can barely hear them and the drum is muffled... this is down to the sound not getting past the end of the stand, it’s just reflecting back towards the West.

I have sat in the West a few times this season in hospitality and in other sections and the sound from the Singing Section is fantastic... which only proves it’s down to the acoustics. The need to be more central in the FF Upper for it to work. I know there is some chat about the section 50 ST holders being moved soon to accommodate more hospitality, but I think Hibs should invest in moving the leather seats somewhere else to move Since 1875 into section 50.

Ringothedog
05-04-2018, 07:48 AM
Aye. Big thread about it on 15pointsback.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_04/IMG_20180403_194812.thumb.jpg.9bd1a1e050214a3bb015 a2a93ca434d3.jpg

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/uploads/monthly_2018_04/Screenshot_20180403-201929.thumb.png.d1d6a88e3f5e961c92ef3efdcd828289. png

The Gorgoyles.
Have they not spelt boys wrong?

we are hibs
05-04-2018, 08:32 AM
the only way i could ever see it working up there is if they filled in that corner of the stadium, which at this moment in time is unlikely.

sitting near the end of the East towards the famous five you can hear the drum but can't hear any singing

wookie70
05-04-2018, 08:39 AM
The issue with the singing section is where it is located now.

My ST is section 40 in the east, from here you can barely hear them and the drum is muffled... this is down to the sound not getting past the end of the stand, it’s just reflecting back towards the West.

I have sat in the West a few times this season in hospitality and in other sections and the sound from the Singing Section is fantastic... which only proves it’s down to the acoustics. The need to be more central in the FF Upper for it to work. I know there is some chat about the section 50 ST holders being moved soon to accommodate more hospitality, but I think Hibs should invest in moving the leather seats somewhere else to move Since 1875 into section 50.

I could just about make the singing section out on Tuesday. Rare to hear them from my seat in the upper west at the Dunbar end. Most of the atmosphere, from my seat at least, comes from the east. That was where the encouragement started on Tuesday, from what I could tell, but then again I sit opposite S43. It was a strange decision moving the singing section from the area of the ground that creates the bulk of the atmosphere but they are where they are now and should stay there.

Chuck Rhoades
05-04-2018, 01:17 PM

Aye, the squad of 8-10 year old bairns you mean? Prancing about the walk way and left hand side. Stewards just watching it.

GreenCastle
05-04-2018, 01:28 PM
The bigger games do take care of themselves.

I am a massive fan of the section and the effort they have brought to home and away games.

The perfect location is still middle of the FF either upper or lower tier.

Looks like that won't change for next season but that's where the most noise would be heard - also be good to put off the opposition keeper directly etc behind the goals.

Like I said the drum adds atmosphere so keep it going throughout as fans will join in with chants like the Lennon / Stubbs chant and green and white army. Simple but everyone can clap and add to the beat :greengrin

wearethehibs
05-04-2018, 04:26 PM
Need to remember if the since1875 guys were still in the East, we would not have been treated to the fantastic display’s and banners we have seen this season.

TelaStella
05-04-2018, 05:32 PM

The Gorgoyles.

[emoji23] that bottom sticker is a blatant copy. Can’t remember the original team that used it but trust me it isn’t their design. Also “GB18”? Thought they hate Celtic but use the same initials as the green brigade. Can’t wait for next season already sure these Walters will provide an even better laugh than their s**** on the pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ian cruise
05-04-2018, 06:02 PM
[emoji23] that bottom sticker is a blatant copy. Can’t remember the original team that used it but trust me it isn’t their design. Also “GB18”? Thought they hate Celtic but use the same initials as the green brigade. Can’t wait for next season already sure these Walters will provide an even better laugh than their s**** on the pitch.

I think it might be a German team but I'm sure the rangers fans used it for their anti green brigade rally earlier too.

I'm_cabbaged
05-04-2018, 06:17 PM

I think they’re trying to get closer to combat 18 than the green brigade tbh ;)

Aldo
05-04-2018, 06:18 PM

I think I know what the 18 signifies.

Aldo
05-04-2018, 06:18 PM
I think they’re trying to get closer to combat 18 than the green brigade tbh ;)

Beat me to it IC. This is exactly what they are trying to do imho!

GreenCastle
05-04-2018, 06:23 PM

The Gorgoyles.

Gorgie Boys ?

Girls not allowed to join ?

Cringey group and shambles of a club - Hibs fans will continue to out sing them and have better displays.