Hibernian v Celtic
Hearts v Rangers
Kilmarnock v Aberdeen

Week 6
Rangers v Hibernian
Aberdeen v Hearts
Kilmarnock v Celtic

Could it be this ?

I think we will continue the trend of playing hearts midweek.

Sure Celtic are also due 3 Home games which will include final game of the season for trophy presentation reasons.

truehibernian
03-04-2018, 11:29 PM
Hearts first, at Tynie, on a Friday night :agree:

Cannot wait for it - derbies cannot come quick enough these days :aok:

SteveHFC
03-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Week 1 - Hibs v Killie
Week 2 - Hearts v Hibs
Week 3 - Rangers v Hibs
Week 4 - Hibs v Celtic
Week 5 - Aberdeen v Hibs

hfc rd
03-04-2018, 11:39 PM
I take it is pretty much certain we will be playing The Rangers at Mordor for a 3rd time this season when we should really be playing them at home?

Austinho
03-04-2018, 11:57 PM
I take it is pretty much certain we will be playing The Rangers at Mordor for a 3rd time this season when we should really be playing them at home?Really should be Hearts and Kilmarnock playing at Ibrox and us getting a home fixture against them.

They have less to play for, whereas we are competing directly with Rangers.

Plus, the SPFL have bent over backwards for Hearts this season already, rearranging all their away fixtures so they could half finish their stand. Of course it won't happen though.

We've won at Ibrox 2 out of 2 already so bring it on.

Renfrew_Hibby
04-04-2018, 09:25 AM
When the hell will we actually know the blooming fixtures. Some of us have to arrange shifts around games. Its doing my head in.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2018, 09:29 AM
Really should be Hearts and Kilmarnock playing at Ibrox and us getting a home fixture against them.

Plus, the SPFL have bent over backwards for Hearts this season already, rearranging all their away fixtures so they could half finish their stand. Of course it won't happen though.

If Killie win their game in hand they'll be 6 behind us and 7 behind Sevco. I doubt they'll have given up hope of catching us or them and 4th is probably a Euro spot.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 09:34 AM
If Killie win their game in hand they'll be 6 behind us and 7 behind Sevco. I doubt they'll have given up hope of catching us or them and 4th is probably a Euro spot.

I’ll put it on record that Kilmarnock will not gain 7 points on us after the split.

Tynie01011973
04-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Daily Rankger saying they won't announce fixtures until after next weekends games.
If Aberdeen drop points at Tiny then SPFL don't want Celtc v Sevco in first set of fixtures as Celtc could win the league in that game.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 09:35 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me for hearts to be at home first three games and away last two, to give them more time to relay pitch.

Pretty Boy
04-04-2018, 09:38 AM
Rangers v Celtic will be early as they won't want the possibility of it being a title winner for Celtic. If Aberdeen drop points next week that will change obviously.

I think both derbies will be 1st.

Hearts v Hibs
Hibs v Celtic
Rangers v Hibs
Hibs v Kilmarnock
Hibs v Aberdeen

Ralphy C
04-04-2018, 10:10 AM
I’ll put it on record that Kilmarnock will not gain 7 points on us after the split.
While i hope you're right this has the potential to be a bit of a "Mikey" moment.:rolleyes:

we are hibs
04-04-2018, 10:11 AM
celtic will be at home last game so they can lift the trophy at parkhead.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2018, 10:11 AM

I don't think they will either, but 6 or 7 points when you still have to play the teams that far ahead of you, hardly means you have nothing to play for. The New Huns trailing in 5th while we clinch 2nd would be some end to the season. :greengrin

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
While i hope you're right this has the potential to be a bit of a "Mikey" moment.:rolleyes:

I look forward to revisiting it. I don’t think they’ll pick up 7 points never mind gain 7 on us.

Real Emerald
04-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Whatever happens it will be decided on the basis of what suits the Weegie bum cheeks best and everyone else will fall in line behind. There is no way on this Earth that an imbalance of home and away fixtures between them two would be allowed as it would be deemed unfair. It’s ok for it to be unfair for all the other teams though as they don’t matter. Sums up Scottish football and the GFA in a nutshell 😡

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Whatever happens it will be decided on the basis of what suits the Weegie bum cheeks best and everyone else will fall in line behind. There is no way on this Earth that an imbalance of home and away fixtures between them two would be allowed as it would be deemed unfair. It’s ok for it to be unfair for all the other teams though as they don’t matter. Sums up Scottish football and the GFA in a nutshell 😡

It has been said already but that’s rubbish. Rangers have had an imbalance at least three times since the split was formed (all meaning more away than Home)

Real Emerald
04-04-2018, 10:36 AM
It has been said already but that’s rubbish. Rangers have had an imbalance at least three times since the split was formed (all meaning more away than Home)

It’s not rubbish, there is no way on Earth that Rangers would go to Celtic 3 times or vice versa, there would be an uproar. I said imbalance between their fixtures meaning against each other.

Diclonius
04-04-2018, 11:03 AM
I had a dream that it was the following:
Kilmarnock (H)
Aberdeen (A)
Rangers (A)
Hearts (A)
Celtic (H)

Sammy7nil
04-04-2018, 11:07 AM
It’s not rubbish, there is no way on Earth that Rangers would go to Celtic 3 times or vice versa, there would be an uproar. I said imbalance between their fixtures meaning against each other.

That is correct it would not be allowed to happen, yet I recall us going to the PBS 3 times although that was many moons ago.

Clerie Green
04-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Wouldn’t surprise me if we get six away games !!!

:flag::na na::flag:

hibee_girl
04-04-2018, 11:10 AM
We’ve got another week or so of guessing, SPFL have said we’ll find out ‘early next week’

Real Emerald
04-04-2018, 11:26 AM
That is correct it would not be allowed to happen, yet I recall us going to the PBS 3 times although that was many moons ago.

Exactly, same competition yet different rules apply to Rantic than everyone else. Every other team in the league would be allowed to play three away fixtures at Celtic or Rangers but it’s deemed unfair if they have to do it. It’s an absolute farce.

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2018, 11:39 AM
In any imbalance of fixtures like this the only way to introduce a modicum of sporting integrity would be to make a rule that the away team has the right to at least one stand in the venue concerned for its own supporters ......... I would bet my house that Hibs would fill an end stand at Ibrox for such a fixture.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 11:40 AM

And we would never go to Tynie 3 times as that’s one of the stipulations.

Radium
04-04-2018, 11:41 AM
Comment piece which seems to make sense [I know, it's the SPFL we are talking about]

https://splstats.wordpress.com/2018/04/04/post-split-fixtures-2017-18/

Suggests the following:

https://splstats.files.wordpress.com/2018/04/topfix.png

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 11:44 AM

Don't think so, assuming it wouldn't have happened pre-split.

My_Wife_Camilla done the leg work yesterday on that one, and we've had the following inbalances:

2000/01
2001/02 - Dundee Utd away x3
2002/03 - Aberdeen home x3
2003/04
2004/05 - Motherwell away x3
2005/06 - Aberdeen away x3
2006/07 - Rangers home x3
2007/08 - Dundee Utd away x3
2008/09 - Rangers home x3
2009/10 - Motherwell away x3
2010/11
2011/12 - Inverness away x3
2012/13 - Dundee home x3
2013/14

I genuinely don't think they'd send us to Tynie 3x, or Hearts to ER 3x - so I've no issue with them not doing it to Rangers/Celtic.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 11:45 AM
Don't think so, assuming it wouldn't have happened pre-split.

My_Wife_Camilla done the leg work yesterday on that one, and we've had the following inbalances:

2000/01
2001/02 - Dundee Utd away x3
2002/03 - Aberdeen home x3
2003/04
2004/05 - Motherwell away x3
2005/06 - Aberdeen away x3
2006/07 - Rangers home x3
2007/08 - Dundee Utd away x3
2008/09 - Rangers home x3
2009/10 - Motherwell away x3
2010/11
2011/12 - Inverness away x3
2012/13 - Dundee home x3
2013/14

I genuinely don't think they'd send us to Tynie 3x, or Hearts to ER 3x - so I've no issue with them not doing it to Rangers/Celtic.

It comes up every year, and every year the SPFL clarify that one of the imbalances that they do not do is send rivals to another rival 3 times to 1.

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 11:52 AM
It comes up every year, and every year the SPFL clarify that one of the imbalances that they do not do is send rivals to another rival 3 times to 1.

:aok:

I think there is a chance it'll be as posted above, with Hearts making the trip to Ibrox. It's logical as they've nothing to play for and were treated favourably at the start of the year.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 01:05 PM
For Hibs I'll guess

Rangers away
Celtic home
Aberdeen away
Hearts away
Killie home

Hibee Mac
04-04-2018, 01:24 PM
Will be a joke if it's not Hearts who play the extra away game all things considered.

Onion
04-04-2018, 01:28 PM
We all know how this is going to play out. We're still getting shafted for Butcher's mismanagement.

IMO, the order of the matches could be just as important. We want to avoid Celtic while they still need points to win the league and get the Huns and Dons early. Both of these teams will not fancy playing us and will be under more pressure to get a result.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 01:33 PM
Will be a joke if it's not Hearts who play the extra away game all things considered.

It's the rules. We knew that at the start of the season which is why Lennon has been mentioning it.

Daydreamer
04-04-2018, 01:35 PM

Agreed 100%. Hope they have asked for their home games first after the split so they can lay their new pitch in the close season. Problem solved. So we go either 21 or 28th april with Celtic their other home game

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Killie home
Hearts away
Rangers away
Celtic midweek home
Aberdeen away

Hibee Mac
04-04-2018, 02:21 PM
It's the rules. We knew that at the start of the season which is why Lennon has been mentioning it.

The point in that article though is that the rules mean it should cause the least inconvenience to teams which are battling for important places. Heart's season is over.

Dashing Bob S
04-04-2018, 02:26 PM
Huns sux home fixtures - everybody else mixed.
Everybody else- 1 red 3 yellow per game. Huns - zero red, 1 yellow per game.

MagicSwirlingShip
04-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Hearts away on the last day of the season to clinch 2nd place, please.

Imagine the scenes :agree:

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 02:32 PM
The point in that article though is that the rules mean it should cause the least inconvenience to teams which are battling for important places. Heart's season is over.

Sorry HM, I hadn't seen the article and didn't realise that it was the reference.

I agree with his comments. We shall see.

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 02:35 PM
Hearts away on the last day of the season to clinch 2nd place, please.

Imagine the scenes :agree:

Hearts away would be class last game.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 02:40 PM
Hearts away would be class last game.

No much chance of that though, imo.

It will most likely be wanted for TV and because all the final games are played at the same time, it can't be shown.

Nutmegged
04-04-2018, 02:42 PM
Match 34 - Aberdeen Hibs
Match 35 - Hibs vs Hibs
Match 36 - Hearts vs Hibs
Match 37 - Hibs vs Kilmarnock
Match 38 - Rangers vs Hibs

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 02:42 PM

It will most likely be wanted for TV and because all the final games are played at the same time, it can't be shown.

Oh aye forgot about that. Sky and BT could put a game on at the same time though, no?

renato
04-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Match 35 - Hibs vs Hibs

Tough match, that one.

:greengrin

Famous Fiver
04-04-2018, 02:46 PM
1st team vs development team.

Could be an interesting game.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 02:51 PM
Oh aye forgot about that. Sky and BT could put a game on at the same time though, no?

Would the SPFL allow a game to be shown while the other fixtures were also playing? :dunno:

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Match 35 - Hibs vs Hibs

Exciting!

What's the weather like in Malta at the end of April?

danhibees1875
04-04-2018, 02:55 PM
Would the SPFL allow a game to be shown while the other fixtures were also playing? :dunno:

I would have thought this would happen relatively often with midweek fixtures, I could be wrong though.

SChibs
04-04-2018, 02:57 PM
I would have thought this would happen relatively often with midweek fixtures, I could be wrong though.

I think the point was it's the last game and it could influence what goes on somewhat. Not sure if I've looked at it wrong

MagicSwirlingShip
04-04-2018, 02:59 PM

So no live games on the last fixture?

Not In The Know
04-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Really should be Hearts and Kilmarnock playing at Ibrox and us getting a home fixture against them.

This Hearts have nothing to play for so should just suck it up. The extra rangers fans that turned up at Murrayfield should also be considered

Monts
04-04-2018, 03:06 PM
Is it not just 3pm on a Saturday they can't show games?

As our games will be on the Sunday I think they would be fine?

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 03:13 PM
So no live games on the last fixture?

I really don't know.

Dan's made a good point about midweek TV games, although I don't really know if other games are played if one is live.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 03:14 PM

There is a game on tele last game of the season every year. It won’t be ours though, Celtic lifting the trophy will be on tv 100% like it is every year.

hibee_girl
04-04-2018, 03:14 PM

Yes it happens every year though it’s usually Celtics game that is on.

It’s only 3pm Saturday kick offs that can’t be shown I think

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2018, 03:17 PM
I really don't know.

Dan's made a good point about midweek TV games, although I don't really know if other games are played if one is live.

Happens every year. They're allowed to show live games any time other than 3pm Saturday, eg. https://spfl.co.uk/news/article/premiership-post-split-fixtures/ (scroll to bottom, Celtc v Yams was shown live as other top 6 games were being played).

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 03:21 PM
There you go. Every day's a school day.

:thumbsup:

Iggy Pope
04-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Pitiful state of affairs that the SPFL is seemingly basing their schedule around the avoidance of two 'Giants of World Football' meeting each other in a sporting context.

We've had Old Firm title deciders before. When the Huns could've won it too......

http://www.thecelticwiki.com/m/page/Ten+Men+Won+The+League

Spike Mandela
04-04-2018, 03:28 PM

It’s a nonsense rule designed to ensure it is never Rangers or Celtic disadvantaged. I thought we had got rid of the ‘big two’ closed shop when one of them died.

It should be a random draw to see which team plays the extra game and if our clubs had a set of balls between them we wouldn’t be in this position.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 03:34 PM
It’s a nonsense rule designed to ensure it is never Rangers or Celtic disadvantaged. I thought we had got rid of the ‘big two’ closed shop when one of them died.

It should be a random draw to see which team plays the extra game and if our clubs had a set of balls between them we wouldn’t be in this position.

Rangers have been disadvantaged several times.

Monts
04-04-2018, 03:38 PM
Rangers have been disadvantaged several times.

Does that not go against the theory that it is the lowest ranked team that gets disadvantaged then?

we are hibs
04-04-2018, 03:42 PM

top 6 last round of games are played on the Sunday so wouldn't affect TV rules

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Does that not go against the theory that it is the lowest ranked team that gets disadvantaged then?

You're right, it does.

It was on the post-split fixtures thread that we've had an extra home game against Rangers twice.

To be honest, I don't think anyone really knows how the post-split fixtures are decided.

Someone posts a piece of information sounding definite and confident, so it becomes fact.

happiehibbie
04-04-2018, 03:54 PM
so we lose out on having a season ticket how can that be fair

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 03:59 PM

Rangers definitely only had 18 home games in 2006/7.

I've not got a scooby how it works.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006–07_Rangers_F.C._season