PDA

View Full Version : Huge game on Saturday now

calumhibee1
03-04-2018, 10:03 PM
They all are at this time of the season, but Saturday takes on huge significance. If we can win on Saturday I’m confident we’re heading for second place, regardless of what happens elsewhere.

Austinho
03-04-2018, 10:10 PM
Big win for Ross County tonight. Will they head into our game with extra confidence and belief? Or will they accidently take the foot off the gas now they’ve relieved a little bit of pressure?

Either way, I hope Lennon sticks on a rerun of County humping Partick at East Mains so the players are under no illusion that it’s going to be a difficult match up there.

In years gone by, Hearts would do us a favour against Aberdeen and we’d still crumble up there. Hopefully this team is different.

Greenbeard
03-04-2018, 10:23 PM
VG result for them tonight without the nut-cruncher Davies. He will still be missing on Sat and we will test their weakened defence significantly more than Thistle. Def need the three points if still to have a realistic chance of 2nd.

cabbageandribs1875
03-04-2018, 10:30 PM
hope 15pointsback take full points v aberdeen on saturday :whistle:

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 10:31 PM
Be nice if we could sell out our end on Saturday

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 10:32 PM
hope 15pointsback take full points v aberdeen on saturday :whistle:

A point with a win for us puts it right in our hands.

cabbageandribs1875
03-04-2018, 10:40 PM
A point with a win for us puts it right in our hands.

if we had 3 games at home after the split(which would make it 19/19) i'd be confident but unfortunately it's most likely we will have a 3rd trip to castle greyskull, if we ended up 3rd i'd be overjoyed

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 10:43 PM
if we had 3 games at home after the split(which would make it 19/19) i'd be confident but unfortunately it's most likely we will have a 3rd trip to castle greyskull, if we ended up 3rd i'd be overjoyed

I’m in the same boat, although rangers have been better away than at home. Hopefully we play them after they have lost handsomely to Celtic.

one day maybe...
03-04-2018, 10:49 PM
Think if we have to play rangers for a third time it should be the last game of the season. We will either be out the race for second or in firm control. If we are going to be disadvantaged let’s make it on the last game..

hibby6270
03-04-2018, 10:54 PM
Think if we have to play rangers for a third time it should be the last game of the season. We will either be out the race for second or in firm control. If we are going to be disadvantaged let’s make it on the last game..

Good point. Great idea. But it won’t happen that way - unfortunately!!
Fixtures are bound to benefit the The Rangers as usual.

NORTHERNHIBBY
04-04-2018, 08:35 AM
Can see Ross County being a real hard one for us. Good win for them last night.

Souter96Mac
04-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Can't wait for this one. Last day at work today, then getting the train up to Edinburgh tonight, then away up to Inverness tomorrow for a couple days before the game. It'll be tough, but I'm confident our boys will do it.

Monts
04-04-2018, 04:38 PM
This game worries me, if I'm honest. We have just put ourselves right back in the race for 2nd, and almost all the chat is about the post split games. This will be a hard game, especially with RC fighting for survival, and being on a high from beating their rivals for the drop convincingly.

Its never an easy away game at the best of times. I just hope we bring our A game.

B.H.F.C
04-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Must win to have any chance of second. Would put us in with a great chance. Would be nice if Hearts did us a turn on Saturday.

MyJo
04-04-2018, 05:15 PM

Its dawning on the Rangers fans that they are pretty mince and Murty isn't actually that good a manager.

If we get them at Ibrox after Celtic have won the title and at risk of, or already have, dropped down to 4th the atmosphere there will be truly venomous towards the players, the manager and the board.

Play as well as we have in previous visits to Ibrox and I can see the huns players well and truly bottling it amongst that.

JimBHibees
04-04-2018, 05:46 PM
Actually think we will beat County pretty comfortably. We look strong at the moment and with McGinn back think we will be too good for them.

The Leith Dutch
04-04-2018, 05:52 PM
This game worries me, if I'm honest. We have just put ourselves right back in the race for 2nd, and almost all the chat is about the post split games. This will be a hard game, especially with RC fighting for survival, and being on a high from beating their rivals for the drop convincingly.

Its never an easy away game at the best of times. I just hope we bring our A game.

It's going to be a tough game no bones about it.

Despite all the talk being about the post split I'd imagine it's anything but coming from Lennon - he'll be firmly in the one game at a time mode now I reckon.

mjhibby
05-04-2018, 03:17 AM
Though county played well v thistle the goals, bar the first one were awful defensively and thistle missed a couple of sitters. We are playing with such belief right now and with mcginn back in and the front two on fire we should be confident. It will be a tough game but one I think we can win.

mjhibby
05-04-2018, 03:19 AM
And of course lenny back in his usual position.