PDA

View Full Version : 15 points back

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 09:10 PM
Killed us as a club.

Higher attendances in a bigger stadium.

Much, much better side.

Better manager.

Better at youth level through the board.

Mind the gap.

Natural order ?

hfc rd
03-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Aye but 5-1, 22 in a row, famous who won the world war...... 😂😂😂😂

GIRFUY Jam Tarts!

GreenCastle
03-04-2018, 09:14 PM
18 points left to play for this season..

Zero chance they are finishing above us :na na:

GreenOnions
03-04-2018, 09:18 PM
They will have quite a big change in personnel to arrange this summer too as their players are quite a bit behind the top four. That'll be harder than it's been for them in the past as they will have to use their own money this time.

Their players are obviously okay or they wouldn't be top six but it's hard to think of anyone in their team bar the goalkeeper and Berra who would be an automatic starter for Hibs. The league table tells the story quite well really.

adhibs
03-04-2018, 09:18 PM
18 points left to play for this season..

Zero chance they are finishing above us :na na:

Dunno, we could still hibsit..... :greengrin

calumhibee1
03-04-2018, 09:21 PM
They will have quite a big change in personnel to arrange this summer too as their players are quite a bit behind the top four. That'll be harder than it's been for them in the past as they will have to use their own money this time.

Their players are obviously okay or they wouldn't be top six but it's hard to think of anyone in their team bar the goalkeeper and Berra who would be an automatic starter for Hibs. The league table tells the story quite well really.

I know Rocky had a shocker tonight but he’s a better goalie.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 09:22 PM

They have got a Henderson to deliver it I suppose. Same boy wouldn’t get in our 20s.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:22 PM
Killed us as a club.

Higher attendances in a bigger stadium.

Much, much better side.

Better manager.

Better at youth level through the board.

Mind the gap.

Natural order ?

Bitter spoon burning hobo. We'll always be in their shaddow

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM

Who would you drop for Berra? I know big Simba and he’s now them through and through. He wouldn’t get in our side.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 09:25 PM
Bitter spoon burning hobo. We'll always be in their shaddow

Sorry mate. I’m just jealous my wife/sister is away out this evening.

GreenCastle
03-04-2018, 09:25 PM

Having watched Dundee v Hearts on Sunday - Dundee were the better team.

If they didn't play on such a small pitch they wouldn't pick up as many points at home.

Shambles of a club.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:26 PM
Sorry mate. I’m just jealous my wife/sister is away out this evening.

😂

IGRIGI
03-04-2018, 09:28 PM
There are some over the road giving it big licks and congratulating Potter on a fantastic job well done for making top 6, cringetastic.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Are Hearts the worst side ever to make the top six? Theres a big gulf between the top 5 and the rest of the league imo. Watching them on Sunday was torture.

Real Emerald
03-04-2018, 09:41 PM
Having watched Dundee v Hearts on Sunday - Dundee were the better team.

If they didn't play on such a small pitch they wouldn't pick up as many points at home.

Shambles of a club.

Correct, their whole set up is geared to stopping teams playing with their hacking, constant fouling tactics, hence their year on year terrible crime count. They hoof the ball forward as quick as they can hoping for a break or a diving penalty. It works on a short pitch with no space for better teams to outplay them. Take those tactics away from home and it doesn’t work. They wonder why their away form is so bad when in actual fact their home form comes from a style of football that only works on a pitch the size of Tinycastle.

GlesgaeHibby
03-04-2018, 09:47 PM
Here's a belter from HHGH 1973

Congratulations to everyone at the club, top 6 assured, high profile games and extra revenue generated that will support our endeavors next season. Could have argued 4th or 5th was the realistic target but before Levein took over the thread here and also my opinion was that Cathro was leading us straight into the bottom 6. So yes I will celebrate 6th, enjoying the 4-0 trouncing of them in December so much that this will be considered a memorable season for me.

What a bunch of utter roasters :faf::faf:

Austinho
03-04-2018, 10:01 PM
The Pop Tarts have more draws than they have wins - the most in the league. Eye bleeding stuff from the Jam Donuts.

Imagine having to watch the Burgundy Bhoys every week.

Bostonhibby
03-04-2018, 10:11 PM

Congratulations to everyone at the club, top 6 assured, high profile games and extra revenue generated that will support our endeavors next season. Could have argued 4th or 5th was the realistic target but before Levein took over the thread here and also my opinion was that Cathro was leading us straight into the bottom 6. So yes I will celebrate 6th, enjoying the 4-0 trouncing of them in December so much that this will be considered a memorable season for me.

What a bunch of utter roasters :faf::faf:Some achievement. Hopefully there'll be some T Shirts to commemorate the occasion and maybe a special limited edition cake will appear in time for the next home game.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Eaststandee
03-04-2018, 10:14 PM

Doubt we'll win it, like the optimism though.

we are hibs
03-04-2018, 10:41 PM
Heart of Midlothian are closer to Hamilton Academicals than they are to Hibernian.

Borderhibbie76
03-04-2018, 11:26 PM

Their players are obviously okay or they wouldn't be top six but it's hard to think of anyone in their team bar the goalkeeper and Berra who would be an automatic starter for Hibs. The league table tells the story quite well really.Personally I wouldn't choose Berra over any of our current back 3 mate...and the goalie is debatable too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

California-Hibs
04-04-2018, 01:05 AM
We’ll finish 20+ above them.......TWENTY+ !

We really have utterly rag-dolled them this season. The Jambos I’ve spoke to are absolutely fuming!

NAE NOOKIE
04-04-2018, 01:19 AM

Berra has been their best outfield player this season, but I'm struggling to think what he would bring to our team that we don't have already, he isn't as good at bringing the ball out of defence as Ambrose or Hanlon and we have big Daz to do the tough stuff .... also its a lot easier to look good at the back in a team who set up not to lose as it is in a team who push forward like we do and therefor leave bigger gaps for our defenders to cover.

I do agree that their keeper would definitely push Rocky for the jersey, he is decent which is why he almost certainly wont be at the rust arena next season.

ValleyHibee
04-04-2018, 01:24 AM
This gives me the boak, I want them too get 9 more points,6 fae sheep and 3 fae the huns to help us(boak) in our quest for 2nd.

givescotlandfreedom
04-04-2018, 01:29 AM
Honestly I don't get how you can support that pap and consider yourself a football fan. AG least we try to win. They are the missionary position of football.

poolman
04-04-2018, 01:41 AM
Who would you drop for Berra? I know big Simba and he’s now them through and through. He wouldn’t get in our side.

Exactly, Why drop Hanlon or McGregor for him :confused:

poolman
04-04-2018, 01:45 AM

Memorable season :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Pharmaceutical alert methinks :agree:

ValleyHibee
04-04-2018, 01:47 AM
Honestly I don't get how you can support that pap and consider yourself a football fan. AG least we try to win. They are the missionary position of football.
I think it's obvious what I say is from a Hibs perspective,it might be influenced by the fact I have a bet on Hibs to get 2nd so need teams,even(them) too take points from sheep and huns,if you consider yourself a Hibs fan then surely you want the same?

Deansy
04-04-2018, 02:16 AM
I sleep extremely easy knowing that every night, each and every Jambo is tossing (nothing new there) and turning with their most important crisis -

'Oh Dear God - don't let them finish 20+ points in front of us'

30+ years of 'Other People's Money' - there was ALWAYS gonna be a bill at the end !

kaimendhibs
04-04-2018, 02:19 AM
For any Jambos looking inhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/a89a7c6bcefbca330aadacc343141674.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Fuzzywuzzy
04-04-2018, 06:11 AM
Still, Dylan's going to sign for them in the summer.....

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 07:08 AM
I think it's obvious what I say is from a Hibs perspective,it might be influenced by the fact I have a bet on Hibs to get 2nd so need teams,even(them) too take points from sheep and huns,if you consider yourself a Hibs fan then surely you want the same?

I’ve got a £10 per point bet on with one of them so I’ll settle for 3 draws in those games as the only points they pick up. That then puts it in our hands and guarantees me at least £150 winnings.

PapillonVert
04-04-2018, 07:27 AM
Killed us as a club.

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger".

Friedrich Nietzsche

Too bad for the Jambos that they made such a hash of it.

therealgavmac
04-04-2018, 07:28 AM
For any Jambos looking inhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/a89a7c6bcefbca330aadacc343141674.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Real railway folk ken whits goan on

The Leith Dutch
04-04-2018, 07:29 AM
The Pop Tarts have more draws than they have wins - the most in the league. Eye bleeding stuff from the Jam Donuts.

Imagine having to watch the Burgundy Bhoys every week.

Potter's entire mentality (as evidenced by the "famous" 4-6-0 formation) is to not get beat.
Witness them time wasting from the opening whistle in the last derby.

Given that you'd expect them to be dull.

You'd also expect them to have conceded significantly fewer goals than a Hibs team who spends much of every game attacking the opposition but the difference is only 4 goals.

For a team set up to defend and with the much frothed over Souttar/Berra/McLaughlin in their team that's pretty embarrasing.

xyz23jc
04-04-2018, 07:38 AM
Real railway folk ken whits goan on

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.a_PhPIEASqn2ijbJDjiMmwHaFj&w=142&h=107&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&pid=3.1&rm=2 (https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=photos+of+grand+canyon+gulf%2fgap&id=25904876898775EB5540468FB0C3D7F6B0F0603E&FORM=IQFRBA)

givescotlandfreedom
04-04-2018, 08:49 AM

Sorry VH I was a little refreshed typing that. It wasn't aimed at anyone here, just an expression of how rotten that football club is.

Souter96Mac
04-04-2018, 08:56 AM
This gives me the boak, I want them too get 9 more points,6 fae sheep and 3 fae the huns to help us(boak) in our quest for 2nd.

No need, we'll beat the both of them.

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2018, 08:57 AM
Potter must be pig sick. His life revolves around finishing above Hibs, he's mentioned it a few times in his trophyless career. Brace yourself for some ridiculous overspending next season as he tries to narrow the gap.

Imagine spending 300k on a loan for Naismith to try and win the cup and finish above Hibs and ending up out and 15 points behind despite going on the best run in their history. Pleasing.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2018, 09:18 AM

That's got Undercover Hibby written all over it! :greengrin

RobR27
04-04-2018, 09:23 AM
Glad they're in the top 6 and won't pick up any more points this season. If they were bottom 6 they'd be ripe for a misleading boost to their points tally.

Liberal Hibby
04-04-2018, 09:30 AM

My thought too. The 1973 is a bit of a giveaway.

JeMeSouviens
04-04-2018, 10:12 AM
My thought too. The 1973 is a bit of a giveaway.

:agree:

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 10:25 AM

1973 is the giveaway you would think.

Whoops beaten to it above.

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2018, 12:25 PM
Lifted from Kickback

"Hibs have benefitted from a settled team, hardly any injuries, an experienced eleven all season, a new promotion bounce, teams being unprepared for their style of play, some ludicrously fortuitous results that don't normally happen ( Rangers away x two, beating Aberdeen at home) and a solid manager"

Injuries - long term...

Gray (our bloody captain!)
Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Replaced a strikeforce mid season

Fortuitous results?...

Hammering Aberdeen? Even McInnes said they were lucky it was only a 2-0 defeat.
Winning deservedly at Ibrox twice?

Genuinely can't think of any time we've been fortuitous. Maybe holding on against Killie after blowing a 2 goal lead.

Ones that got away...

Losing to Sevco when we ripped them to shreds - 3 points lost
Somehow managing to draw with Dundee after dominating - 2 points lost
Drawing with St Johnstone after playing 86 mins with 10 men - 2 points lost
Losing a late equalising goal to Celtic - 3 points lost

There's 10 points extra we should have had off the top of my head for starters.

Utter delusion from that lot. If you can't accept it just pretend it isn't happening mindset.

The futures green and white roasters.

matty_f
04-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Lifted from Kickback

"Hibs have benefitted from a settled team, hardly any injuries, an experienced eleven all season, a new promotion bounce, teams being unprepared for their style of play, some ludicrously fortuitous results that don't normally happen ( Rangers away x two, beating Aberdeen at home) and a solid manager"

Injuries - long term...

Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Fortuitous results?...

Genuinely can't think of any time we've been fortuitous. Maybe holding on against Killie after blowing a 2 goal lead.

Ones that got away...

Utter delusion from that lot. If you can't accept it just pretend it isn't happening mindset.

Imagine those being the best straws they can clutch. :faf:

Diclonius
04-04-2018, 12:29 PM
If we increase the gap over them on Saturday they can't finish above us. It's probably academic now anyway but nice to confirm that so early in the season.

Spike Mandela
04-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Their season is over except for one game.

For them, it really is all about us.

Sauzee16
04-04-2018, 12:33 PM
Lifted from Kickback

Injuries - long term...

Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Fortuitous results?...

Ones that got away...

I believe that is game set and match.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Lifted from Kickback

Injuries - long term...

Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Fortuitous results?...

Ones that got away...

Chucking 2 goal lead at home to Motherwell.

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2018, 12:37 PM
Chucking 2 goal lead at home to Motherwell.

Forgot about that

Ralphy C
04-04-2018, 12:38 PM
Lifted from Kickback

Injuries - long term...

Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Fortuitous results?...

Ones that got away...

:top marksAnd our perfectly good goal against them.

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2018, 12:39 PM
They're also conveniently forgetting the "extremely fortuitous" point they stole from us when we had a perfectly good goal disallowed yet again

SirDavidsNapper
:top marksAnd our perfectly good goal against them.

How could i forget

mjhibby
Their season is over except for one game.

For them, it really is all about us.

It is always all about us. Strange beings.

Ralphy C
04-04-2018, 12:43 PM
How could i forget
We could be challenging celtic never mind the rangers!!!:greengrin

SirDavidsNapper
04-04-2018, 12:52 PM
We could be challenging celtic never mind the rangers!!!:greengrin

I know every team will have games they feel they should have won and it normally evens itself out over a season but just shows you. I actually think we've been very unlucky this season. Fortuitous? laughable.

They can count themselves lucky they aren't 20 plus points behind us already

Onion
04-04-2018, 01:37 PM
Still, Dylan's going to sign for them in the summer.....

Sadly, inevitable. Craig Levein's expansive game plan and the sheer quality of Hearts players makes them a compelling proposition for any budding Scotland midfielder.

JDHibs
04-04-2018, 02:59 PM
Berra has been the best centre half statistically this season.
McLaughlin has been the best keeper statistically this season.

Both would start for us. Thats it though. Lafferty would be next up, bench only. Their squad at present is miles behind us, especially in midfield, where they rely on 16 year olds, we rely on 2 of the best midfielders (McGinn & McGeouch) in the country.

We will have a few players to bring in in the summer aswell but are in alot better position than them.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 03:17 PM

Both would start for us. Thats it though. Lafferty would be next up, bench only. Their squad at present is miles behind us, especially in midfield, where they rely on 16 year olds, we rely on 2 of the best midfielders (McGinn & McGeouch) in the country.

We will have a few players to bring in in the summer aswell but are in alot better position than them.

Which of our three centre halves drop out for Berra out of curiosity? He can’t play football like Efe and Paul, and doesn’t have the pace of Daz who is just as aggresive and wins just as many aerial duels, and who’s pace is an asset to the way we play as teams only attack is countering us. Berra is statistically very good since his team play 10 behind the ball and invite pressure. It’s easier to defend as a 10 than a 2/3.

lord bunberry
04-04-2018, 03:27 PM
Sadly, inevitable. Craig Levein's expansive game plan and the sheer quality of Hearts players makes them a compelling proposition for any budding Scotland midfielder.

Let’s be honest the lure of playing for the follow through will be too good to turn down for most players.

Iggy Pope
04-04-2018, 03:32 PM
Which of our three centre halves drop out for Berra out of curiosity? He can’t play football like Efe and Paul, and doesn’t have the pace of Daz who is just as aggresive and wins just as many aerial duels, and who’s pace is an asset to the way we play as teams only attack is countering us. Berra is statistically very good since his team play 10 behind the ball and invite pressure. It’s easier to defend as a 10 than a 2/3.

And he can't play without painkilling injections it seems.

JDHibs
04-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Its not my choice to make fortunately, but Berra would start for us.

Although Darren is good at aerial duels, his 1 on 1s stats are poor. Berra isnt as slow as everyone thinks either. Berra is very good at aerial duels. His leadership and organisation skills are top drawer aswell.

As for your last point, its not easy to defend against a midfield that gets over run every week.

SouthMoroccoStu
04-04-2018, 03:38 PM

Maybe the green tinted specs but no chance Berra would start for us

Great player but not better than what we have or what we have coming through the development squad

Wee Effen Bee
04-04-2018, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=JDHibs;5361567]Berra has been the best centre half statistically this season.

I would not drop any of our 3 for Berra. No green specs on but I rate them all above him. Mclaughlin is good so there would be a fight between him and Rocky for No.1.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 03:53 PM

Although Darren is good at aerial duels, his 1 on 1s stats are poor. Berra isnt as slow as everyone thinks either. Berra is very good at aerial duels. His leadership and organisation skills are top drawer aswell.

As for your last point, its not easy to defend against a midfield that gets over run every week.

Are they? I struggle to remember times where attackers go by Darren in one v ones.

I’m not sure I understand your last point. Hearts don’t overrun anyone in midfield, they flood their own half and kick teams making it very easy to defend for them as their is no space at tynecastle for teams to get through. There’s a reason their away form is poor.

If they indeed have two excellent centre backs and a top quality keeper, who would walk into our side, while playing very defensively, while we have a defence which is poorer and we are far more open, we have only conceded 4 more goals than they have? Surely something not right. Our defence is a big part of our attacking quality, two attacking full backs and two centre backs who attack into midfield.

Also if you don’t think Berra is slow then we have issues. He runs in straight lines and I’ve seen tankers turn quicker.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 04:05 PM
Are they? I struggle to remember times where attackers go by Darren in one v ones.

I’m not sure I understand your last point. Hearts don’t overrun anyone in midfield, they flood their own half and kick teams making it very easy to defend for them as their is no space at tynecastle for teams to get through. There’s a reason their away form is poor.

If they indeed have two excellent centre backs and a top quality keeper, who would walk into our side, while playing very defensively, while we have a defence which is poorer and we are far more open, we have only conceded 4 more goals than they have? Surely something not right. Our defence is a big part of our attacking quality, two attacking full backs and two centre backs who attack into midfield.

Also if you don’t think Berra is slow then we have issues. He runs in straight lines and I’ve seen tankers turn quicker.

Doesn't he mean the hearts midfield gets overrun? :dunno:

southsider
04-04-2018, 04:10 PM
There are some over the road giving it big licks and congratulating Potter on a fantastic job well done for making top 6, cringetastic.

Does anyone think we can finish 20+ points ahead of them at end of season ?

lord bunberry
04-04-2018, 04:16 PM

I think we will.

Monts
04-04-2018, 04:17 PM

Certainly possible. If this weekends games go as you might expect (I know, I know) we would be 18 ahead by the split. So we would only need to beat their points haul after the split by 2 points.

Iggy Pope
04-04-2018, 04:20 PM

Think JD might have meant it's hard playing BEHIND a midfield that gets overrun, rather than AGAINST it.
If not, no wonder the Hertz struggle when the star man is playing for the other lot.

lord bunberry
04-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Berra wouldn’t get a game for us. He’s past his best, and his best wasn’t that good.

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 04:24 PM
Think JD might have meant it's hard playing BEHIND a midfield that gets overrun, rather than AGAINST it.
If not, no wonder the Hertz struggle when the star man is playing for the other lot.

:agree:

Eaststandee
04-04-2018, 04:28 PM

Fourth in the league, challenging for 2nd having only lost 6 games all season and you would honestly ditch one of our defenders for Berra?

Can I ask where you get stats like that on Hibs players? I fancy some data analysis.

BSEJVT
04-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Fourth in the league, challenging for 2nd having only lost 6 games all season and you would honestly ditch one of our defenders for Berra?

Can I ask where you get stats like that on Hibs players? I fancy some data analysis.

There are lies damned lies and statistics

if every 1 on 1 started and ended in the position with every other factor identical I would pay them some attention.

As they don't they are completely worthless, particularly when its not possible to view them as they happened and compare them against the other data samples against which they are being compared.

I would take Darren every day of the week against Berra and I am sure every one of his colleagues we do so also.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2018, 04:45 PM
There are lies damned lies and statistics

if every 1 on 1 started and ended in the position with every other factor identical I would pay them some attention.

As they don't they are completely worthless, particularly when its not possible to view them as they happened and compare them against the other data samples against which they are being compared.

I would take Darren every day of the week against Berra and I am sure every one of his colleagues we do so also.Agree.

And I think some sort of negative adjustment needs to be made to any hearts performance figure, particularly in relation to the likes of Berra, to reflect the true situation had the many infringements they get away with actually been dealt with by the referee.

You could also skew the stats just by including Ollie Shaws goal.☺

KSA Hibee
04-04-2018, 04:54 PM
[QUOTE=JDHibs;5361567]Berra has been the best centre half statistically this season.

74.369% of statistics are made up :aok:

Ryan69
04-04-2018, 05:02 PM

I wouldn't start Berra ahead of any of our defenders.
Berra just seems to pull shirts,and humph the ball as hard as he can.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 05:02 PM

Which isn’t true at home as they play 9 behind the ball. It’s the reason they draw most weeks. Teams don’t get the chance to overrun them, and when they do (normally away from home) they get battered and Berra looks lost, see us x2, Motherwell, Dundee at weekend etc.

04-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Berra wears a gumshield. To play football.

Bostonhibby
04-04-2018, 05:19 PM
Berra wears a gumshield. To play football.Probably something he picked up in training[emoji6]

Jack Hackett
04-04-2018, 05:20 PM
Berra gets the stats he does because, as has been pointed out, he has more defending to do. The same is true for McLaughlin. I'd be interested in knowing how many shots on target he's had to face compared with Rocky. We are solid right through the team... they are relying on 2 or 3 to hold back the tide

... but it will all be ok once Craig gets a proper summer window to wave his magic wand and have them challenging Celtc again

SuperAllyMcleod
04-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Lifted from Kickback

Injuries - long term...

Whittaker
Slivka
Barker
McGregor

Suspensions and other..

Marciano
McGinn
Swanson
Hanlon

Settled team?

Fortuitous results?...

Ones that got away...

Pedant Alert - losing a late equaliser to Celtic meant that we only dropped 2points.

SuperAllyMcleod
04-04-2018, 05:55 PM
I wouldn't start Berra ahead of any of our defenders.
Berra just seems to pull shirts,and humph the ball as hard as he can.

You forgot that he falls over at the slightest touch and his constant moaning at referees.

My_Wife_Camille
04-04-2018, 05:58 PM
Hearts finished 21 points ahead of us in the Championship. Going one step better in the Premiership would be just delightful

Hibbyradge
04-04-2018, 06:07 PM
You forgot that he falls over at the slightest touch and his constant moaning at referees.

He's good at it though.

lord bunberry
04-04-2018, 09:09 PM
Can we just close this thread by saying Berra is a hearts ****?

GreenCastle
04-04-2018, 09:14 PM
Berra is a leader and massive player for Hearts and the club but I wouldn’t swap him for any of our players.

Yes he’s also played for Scotland - but that’s Scotland not Germany. Yes he’s played down south but Hanlon was also wanted by Everton and stayed with Hibs when younger.

I’m amazed Paul Hanlon hasn’t been involved more for Scotland. But at the same time he will probably play longer in his career.

Berra hasn’t got long left and is already playing through lots of pain and has no pace.

jacomo
04-04-2018, 09:27 PM
Berra is a leader and massive player for Hearts and the club but I wouldn’t swap him for any of our players.

Yes he’s also played for Scotland - but that’s Scotland not Germany. Yes he’s played down south but Hanlon was also wanted by Everton and stayed with Hibs when younger.

I’m amazed Paul Hanlon hasn’t been involved more for Scotland. But at the same time he will probably play longer in his career.

Berra hasn’t got long left and is already playing through lots of pain and has no pace.

Paul Hanlon is unlucky that Scotland have so many left sided defenders at the moment.

Otherwise I’m sure he’d get capped.

hibbysam
04-04-2018, 09:39 PM
Paul Hanlon is unlucky that Scotland have so many left sided defenders at the moment.

Otherwise I’m sure he’d get capped.

Quality over quantity though. Mulgrew and Berra aren’t the future of our national side.

Deansy
04-04-2018, 10:31 PM

ALL of them do - a nauseating 'tactic' !

04-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Berra was to blame for Dundee's goal on Sunday. Instead of trying to defend fairly he tried to impede Moussa and block his run, which meant that when his usual tactic of doing that didn't work he was left lagging behind him so Moussa got on the end of the cross unchallenged.

More often than not Berra plays the man and not the ball and gets away with it but hey, player of the year candidate so that justifies it.

jgl07
04-04-2018, 11:57 PM
Now I understand what those silly 1 - 5 hand gestures they make mean.