PDA

View Full Version : Florian Kamberi

hfc rd
03-04-2018, 08:58 PM
Get him signed up on a permanent deal now!

bingo70
03-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Absolutely sensational tonight, every aspect of his game was superb.

I mentioned on another thread I wasn’t completely convinced by him but he certainly put me in my place the night.

Solonleith1
03-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Supposedly there's an option to buy at the end of his loan. No brainer!

hibee_girl
03-04-2018, 09:01 PM
He’s an excellent footballer, I’ve been convinced since his first game for us :agree:

Austinho
03-04-2018, 09:02 PM
Contract. Immediately.

SirDavidsNapper
Sure a deal has already been arranged. It was a loan with a view to becoming permanent if he impressed. He's certainly doing that.

Jim44

I really hope so as having found his goal scoring touch, Grasshoppers may want to have him back.

hfc rd
03-04-2018, 09:06 PM
There’s bound to be other clubs out there watching his development with us very closely and surely be staking an interest in him. Let’s get this lad on a permanent contract.

GreenCastle
03-04-2018, 09:12 PM
Love this guy!

Obviously not the same level but similarities to Harry Kane with his style of play.

Sign him up then sell him on for £££

Been fantastic since he signed for us - great attitude.

Ryan69
03-04-2018, 09:13 PM
I really hope so as having found his goal scoring touch, Grasshoppers may want to have him back.

Surely there would of been a deal in principal made...so if we meet that price...he is ours.

Onion
03-04-2018, 09:15 PM
Good feet, good movement, has an eye for goal and great attitude/workrate. Be good to get him signed up.

Vault Boy
03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
:not worth

truehibernian
03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Reminds me of Steven Fletcher and has the same cool temperament. A very stylish player and great technical ability.

Solonleith1
03-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Sure a deal has already been arranged. It was a loan with a view to becoming permanent if he impressed. He's certainly doing that.

If that's the case then we all know what needs to happen. :agree:

SouthMoroccoStu
03-04-2018, 09:18 PM

I’m sure I heard that!

Great business if true

Jim44
03-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Surely there would of been a deal in principal made...so if we meet that price...he is ours.

I’m not contradicting you but there’s nothing to say that loan deals come with options to buy. Some loans are to give players an opportunity to get experience and game time so that they are of more use to their club on returning.

SirDavidsNapper
03-04-2018, 09:20 PM
I know it's a completely different situation but Agathe springs to mind here. Im sure it's all under control though 🇳🇬

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 09:20 PM
I’m not contradicting you but there’s nothing to say that loan deals come with options to buy. Some loans are to give players an opportunity to get experience and game time so that they are of more use to their club on returning.

If it’s written into the loan deal that at the end you pay £X he’s yours then it’s a binding contract.

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
If it’s written into the loan deal that at the end you pay £X he’s yours then it’s a binding contract.

And if it is not written then it is not binding :greengrin
Should have added if Kamberi does not want to sign or simply gets a better deal then it does not matter what is written or not.

Heisenberg
03-04-2018, 09:24 PM
On the length of the deal, Lennon added: "(It is) with a view to maybe extending it (after the initial loan spell).

"It's down to Florian and how he progresses over next five to six months."

The above is what Lennon said when Kamberi signed. I’d be delighted to get him signed permanently based on his performances and return so far.

hibbysam
03-04-2018, 09:29 PM
And if it is not written then it is not binding :greengrin
Should have added if Kamberi does not want to sign or simply gets a better deal then it does not matter what is written or not.

Then the option wouldn’t be there as it wouldn’t be part of the loan deal. I think we can probably safely say that he wants to be here, European football and a place to enjoy and score goals, would be daft to go back to the wilderness.

w pilton hibby
03-04-2018, 09:31 PM
On the length of the deal, Lennon added: "(It is) with a view to maybe extending it (after the initial loan spell).

"It's down to Florian and how he progresses over next five to six months."

The above is what Lennon said when Kamberi signed. I’d be delighted to get him signed permanently based on his performances and return so far.

According to Transfermkt he's out of contract with Grasshoppers this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/florian-kamberi/profil/spieler/284020

Sammy7nil
03-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Then the option wouldn’t be there as it wouldn’t be part of the loan deal. I think we can probably safely say that he wants to be here, European football and a place to enjoy and score goals, would be daft to go back to the wilderness.

I heard him say or read it in the paper I can't recall which that he wants to play in England.

One Day Soon
03-04-2018, 09:41 PM
For a striker his work rate when we're not in possession is outstanding. Gets himself involved all over the pitch helping to tackle, close down players and compress space. You'd happily take a midfield player with that ability - but this guy brings goals as well.

It's so difficult to find all that in a forward that he'd be the first player I'd be getting on a contract as soon as possible.

Jack Hackett
03-04-2018, 09:42 PM
According to Transfermkt he's out of contract with Grasshoppers this summer.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/florian-kamberi/profil/spieler/284020

June 2019

judas
03-04-2018, 09:49 PM

I mentioned on another thread I wasn’t completely convinced by him but he certainly put me in my place the night.

I needed slightly more convincing. I got it tonight.

Get him signed.

Heisenberg
03-04-2018, 09:58 PM
Lennon confirms we’ve got an option to buy Kamberi at the end of his loan spell.

https://t.co/VsQ0hnV5nv

Dashing Bob S
03-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Reminds me of Steven Fletcher and has the same cool temperament. A very stylish player and great technical ability.

The rich man's David Zitelli

jakedance
03-04-2018, 10:04 PM
Cracking player. Sign him up.

Eaststandee
03-04-2018, 10:06 PM
Lennon confirms we’ve got an option to buy Kamberi at the end of his loan spell.

https://t.co/VsQ0hnV5nv

Don't click the link it's The Sun :aok:

NEIL LENNON hailed hat-trick hero Florian Kamberi and admits he’s keen to tie down the hitman.
The Swiss striker fired home a treble to help the Hibees (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14943/hibernian/) close the gap on third-placed Rangers (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14923/rangers/) to one point with a 3-1 win over ten-man Hamilton. (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2454567/hibs-3-hamilton-1-florian-kamberi/)

It takes the hitman’s tally to six goals in eight appearances with boss Lenny admitting his side are now in the hunt for second.
He said: “I’m delighted with him and what he’s brought to the team. His first goal was magnificent and we needed that response.
“He’s got good pace and his work rate is phenomenal. There’s no doubt he’s made us better.
“You worry a player’s attitude may only last a week but he’s got great honesty about him.

“We’ve an option to buy and we will be considering over the next few weeks. But performances like that do him no harm.
“We are firmly in the mix for second but we are not getting carried away.
“I think Aberdeen will cope. They have been up there for years and had a good win at Motherwell tonight.
“Rangers are like a box of chocolates, you don’t know what to expect. But they still have quality. I’m just delighted to be in the mix for second.”
Hibs got off to a horror start with keeper Ofir Marciano dropping a clanger for the Accies (https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/team/14917/hamilton/) goal, but Lenny refused to blast the shot stopper.
He added: “He made a mistake and he looked rusty. But he’s been tremendous for me and earned us 10-12 points this season. He held his hands up. These things happen.”
Meanwhile, Accies boss Martin Canning insists he felt Dougie Imrie’s red card from referee Steven McLean was harsh.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Reminds me of Steven Fletcher and has the same cool temperament. A very stylish player and great technical ability.#

:agree: That's what we thought tonight.

Johnny_Leith
03-04-2018, 10:08 PM
Canning trying to deflect from poor defending by blaming the ref. Both fouls were obvious yellow cards, and how Ferguson got away without a yellow was ridiculous!

Weststandwanab
03-04-2018, 10:11 PM

One obvious difference for me is that Fletcher only had a left foot.

Pretty Boy
03-04-2018, 10:13 PM
He's screamed class from day 1.

Physical, great touch, reads the game well, hold up play is excellent, uses the ball well and he scores goals which was a big question mark when he signed.

We've got a good one here.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-04-2018, 10:14 PM
One obvious difference for me is that Fletcher only had a left foot.

Good point... Think Flo's first goal was left foot? cannae mind. If so it's the perfect hat-trick.

hibees 7062
03-04-2018, 10:18 PM

Hibernian have signed striker Florian Kamberi from Grasshoppers of Zurich on loan until the end of the season, subject to international clearance.The Switzerland Under-21 international joins Hibs as fellow forward Anthony Stokes leaves the club (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42882013) by mutual consent.The deal for Kamberi, 22, could become a permanent move in the summer. From the BBC website

Hermit Crab
03-04-2018, 10:20 PM
He's good, I feel he would be even better if he had a better striking partner alongside him. JM is ok but I think we could give Kamberi a better forward to play beside him!

Aim Here
03-04-2018, 10:30 PM
He's screamed class from day 1.

Physical, great touch, reads the game well, hold up play is excellent, uses the ball well and he scores goals which was a big question mark when he signed.

We've got a good one here.

It wasn't a question mark for long. We signed him on a Wednesday afternoon, and he'd scored for us before 20 past eight that night.

Ozyhibby
03-04-2018, 10:32 PM
He's good, I feel he would be even better if he had a better striking partner alongside him. JM is ok but I think we could give Kamberi a better forward to play beside him!

I think they are both quality. I want them both here next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
03-04-2018, 10:33 PM

Me too.Maclaren never stops and is running defenders across the park to make space for others.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
03-04-2018, 10:33 PM

:agree: It's all about the partnership. Get them both signed up.

Billy Whizz
03-04-2018, 10:46 PM
Does he want to stay though?

Criswell
03-04-2018, 11:04 PM
He is only 22. He could develop into something special. Would love it if we could get him signed up on a lengthy deal.

Bishop Hibee
03-04-2018, 11:13 PM
Great player. Get him signed up if possible. Advance on the McGinn transfer money!

Crazyhorse
03-04-2018, 11:15 PM

I also said I was unimpressed bringing this guy in during the last transfer window. Have to say I am now impressed and very happy to be proved wrong.

Nevi_SOL
03-04-2018, 11:31 PM
https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-poised-to-take-up-option-to-buy-florian-kamberi-1-4718120

Lendo
04-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Interview with Flo is up on Hibs TV. I seriously love this bloke. Seems so humble and down to earth.

neil7908
04-04-2018, 09:34 AM
Does he want to stay though?

Good question. He was pretty vague in his interview about staying but that's his right.

We may have an option to buy him but he might not want to come back. He looks like he's enjoying himself so can only hope common sense prevails and we getting him permanently over the summer.

Tom Hart RIP
04-04-2018, 02:53 PM
I know he’s got a song, but Flo Flo Super Flo etc would sound great belted out round Easter Road. Need to show him how much we appreciate him.

MyJo
04-04-2018, 03:13 PM
He has been a cracking signing so far and his style of play really seems to suit this league.

He's a big enough lad to cope with the attention he gets from brute defenders and strong enough to stay on the ball while being a more than decent player with some neat touches and passes. The fact that he can put the ball away given half a chance on top of that is exactly what we have been missing.

I would be more than happy to see him signed permanently as I think he would work really well with Simon Murray next season if Maclaren doesn't stay on with us as well.

Borderhibbie76
04-04-2018, 03:42 PM
He has been a cracking signing so far and his style of play really seems to suit this league.

He's a big enough lad to cope with the attention he gets from brute defenders and strong enough to stay on the ball while being a more than decent player with some neat touches and passes. The fact that he can put the ball away given half a chance on top of that is exactly what we have been missing.

I would be more than happy to see him signed permanently as I think he would work really well with Simon Murray next season if Maclaren doesn't stay on with us as well.No thanks mate - Simon Murray's Hibs days will be numbered imo - not exactly setting the heather alight at Dundee. We need better for where we want to go

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hermit Crab
04-04-2018, 05:01 PM
No thanks mate - Simon Murray's Hibs days will be numbered imo - not exactly setting the heather alight at Dundee. We need better for where we want to go

I agree, His level is the Championship where he will do well enough.

MyJo
04-04-2018, 05:07 PM
No thanks mate - Simon Murray's Hibs days will be numbered imo - not exactly setting the heather alight at Dundee. We need better for where we want to go

I personally don't think so, Murray was used as a makeweight in order to get us Scott Allan as we needed to fill that gap in the team more than we needed a fourth striker for the rest of the season.

Scott Allan wasn't setting the heather alight while he was with Dundee earlier in the season either. He only played a full 90 minutes in 5 games, the rest of the time he was being used as a sub if at all. 3 assists in 16 games.

Moves to Hibs and we're undefeated in the 7 games he has played, he's had 4 assists and a goal in those games. Its a tough slog down at that end of the table and Murray will not have the quality of players around him at Dundee that he will have at Hibs.

He still has a lot to offer our squad and his performances at the start of last season show that, putting him alongside a player like Kamberi would be a good matchup IMO.

bigwheel
04-04-2018, 05:08 PM
I personally don't think so, Murray was used as a makeweight in order to get us Scott Allan as we needed to fill that gap in the team more than we needed a fourth striker for the rest of the season.

Scott Allan wasn't setting the heather alight while he was with Dundee earlier in the season either. He only played a full 90 minutes in 5 games, the rest of the time he was being used as a sub if at all. 3 assists in 16 games.

Moves to Hibs and we're undefeated in the 7 games he has played, he's had 4 assists and a goal in those games. Its a tough slog down at that end of the table and Murray will not have the quality of players around him at Dundee that he will have at Hibs.

He still has a lot to offer our squad and his performances at the start of last season show that, putting him alongside a player like Kamberi would be a good matchup IMO.

if he plays for us again, it is simply because we have failed to shift him on.....

Jones28
04-04-2018, 05:09 PM
Can't believe we have gone from Stokes to Kamberi - love Stokes and he is forever a legend but what a trade off that was.

jax67
04-04-2018, 05:12 PM

I wondered about that, so the fee, if we sign him
would have been set when the deal for his loan was made?
I hope that’s the case, don’t think we could afford him otherwise.

Humo
04-04-2018, 05:53 PM
Two things stand out from his interview.

1. He referred to the blue bigots as The Rangers

2. I wanted everyone to sign the ball. Without my team-mates I couldn't score the goals, so the ball is for the team.

The boys a class act!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Wee Effen Bee
05-04-2018, 12:19 AM
Funny but our group liked the look of him immediately. A few moaners in the East on Tuesday were giving him pelters the first 20/25 minutes or so - no matter what he did - even after he scored! Apparently he couldn’t tackle; couldn’t pass; couldn’t jump; couldn’t trap the ball; couldn’t hold the defender off and so on. He’s a young laddie who continues to improve: 6 goals in 8 games suggests we have the chance of securing a talented footballer! Not just the goals though, as others have said, his all round battling displays are a real asset!

05-04-2018, 01:08 AM
Based on this interview it sounds like we've got a good chance of getting him on a permanent contract.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/04/04/florian-kamberi-opens-door-to-permanent-hibs-move-rather-than-return-to-disrespectful-grasshoppers-zurich/

1van Sprou7e
05-04-2018, 07:41 AM
Based on this interview it sounds like we've got a good chance of getting him on a permanent contract.

http://www.deadlinenews.co.uk/2018/04/04/florian-kamberi-opens-door-to-permanent-hibs-move-rather-than-return-to-disrespectful-grasshoppers-zurich/

Great interview - I reckon he's staying

J-C
05-04-2018, 06:51 PM
Love the big guy, strong, decent pace, good touch and knows where the net is, plus a strong mentality which suits Scottish football.

Billy Whizz
05-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Love the big guy, strong, decent pace, good touch and knows where the net is, plus a strong mentality which suits Scottish football.

Think he loves us too JC

JohnMcM
05-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Now that the deserved knee-jerk reactions are finished. I would like to suggest the Florian's goals, quite arguably, owe very much to the off-the-ball runs that Jamie made.

I hold my hands up and say that sitting in the South with a couple of friends, his third was hard to see.

My two visitors were mightily impressed with the running of and eagerness to run by Jamie McLaren. One of them
is Aussie by the way.

:flag:

ian cruise
06-04-2018, 06:39 AM
Now that the deserved knee-jerk reactions are finished. I would like to suggest the Florian's goals, quite arguably, owe very much to the off-the-ball runs that Jamie made.

I hold my hands up and say that sitting in the South with a couple of friends, his third was hard to see.

My two visitors were mightily impressed with the running of and eagerness to run by Jamie McLaren. One of them
is Aussie by the way.

:flag:

They work well together, with very little time to get an understanding of each others game. If we get the chance to keep them together we should take it. Still room in squad for another striker if Murray goes and we've got Shaw.

To be honest if we had Kamberi, McLaren, Murray and Shaw upfront next season I wouldn't be disappointed and feel we were unprepared or particularly weak. Could be stronger, yes, but that's in no way a terrible 4 to pick from.

mjhibby
06-04-2018, 06:58 AM

I think your doing mclaren a disservice. While the midfield have rightly got most of the plaudits it's no coincidence that we look a better team when mclaren is there. He is a very clever player who takes up great positions and make well timed runs which defenders find hard to deal with. With slightly better service he would be on double his goal tally. Boyle over hit his cross to him and just a little less pace on the ball would have seen a tap in. Boyle has improved enormously but can still tend to overshot crosses but showed for the first goal on Tuesday his electric pace is such a lethal weapon and mclaren anticipated he would get to efes pass and got in front of the defender and tucked it away. Even lenny has said he was surprised how good he was. With both himself and Flo no doubt money will be a factor but we may need to pay good money to them to keep them. Let's hope we can strike a deal with both.

mjhibby
06-04-2018, 07:01 AM
Btw what a superb goal flos first on Tuesday was. Shows he's got great touch and movement and of course a blistering shot. They should put that goal on every coaching dvd. It's what I try to coach and it's beautiful when it comes off and very hard to defend against.

Smartie
06-04-2018, 07:06 AM
I think your doing mclaren a disservice. While the midfield have rightly got most of the plaudits it's no coincidence that we look a better team when mclaren is there. He is a very clever player who takes up great positions and make well timed runs which defenders find hard to deal with. With slightly better service he would be on double his goal tally. Boyle over hit his cross to him and just a little less pace on the ball would have seen a tap in. Boyle has improved enormously but can still tend to overshot crosses but showed for the first goal on Tuesday his electric pace is such a lethal weapon and mclaren anticipated he would get to efes pass and got in front of the defender and tucked it away. Even lenny has said he was surprised how good he was. With both himself and Flo no doubt money will be a factor but we may need to pay good money to them to keep them. Let's hope we can strike a deal with both.

Boyle always looks a better player when he has at least one striker with pace who can keep up with him, get into the box and get on the end of crosses.

Murray did it early in the season, McLaren has done it of late.

Boyle has often got to the bye line so quickly that he's had nothing to hit in the middle.

Boyle has been a bit hot and cold in the last couple of games, but you can't ignore the quality of his end product - his good work down the right getting into position to cross then actually delivering the crosses has been invaluable.

I noticed on another thread that someone was suggesting Boyle as our POTY - a great shout actually, for a player who has improved massively and been a consistent danger all season.

JimBHibees
06-04-2018, 09:11 AM

Agree really like McLaren very good work rate and some of his runs are superb. A real goal threat as he has shown recently.

JimBHibees
06-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Btw what a superb goal flos first on Tuesday was. Shows he's got great touch and movement and of course a blistering shot. They should put that goal on every coaching dvd. It's what I try to coach and it's beautiful when it comes off and very hard to defend against.

That was one of the best goals of the season build up play was superb.

Captain Trips
06-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Get him ****ing signed up now

Smartie
06-04-2018, 11:11 AM
That was one of the best goals of the season build up play was superb.

It was one of the best goals I've seen us score in any season.

That one touch football was sublime, and the players deserve great credit for it.

Stevie Reid
06-04-2018, 05:57 PM
Boyle always looks a better player when he has at least one striker with pace who can keep up with him, get into the box and get on the end of crosses.

Murray did it early in the season, McLaren has done it of late.

Boyle has often got to the bye line so quickly that he's had nothing to hit in the middle.

Boyle has been a bit hot and cold in the last couple of games, but you can't ignore the quality of his end product - his good work down the right getting into position to cross then actually delivering the crosses has been invaluable.

I noticed on another thread that someone was suggesting Boyle as our POTY - a great shout actually, for a player who has improved massively and been a consistent danger all season.

Says a lot that Boyle was offered a much longer contract a fair bit before the end of his previous one - Lennon obviously not only rates him, but believes he will continue to improve.

We have a manager who will sign quality, and improve them and the players he inherited. It's a really exciting time.

berwickhibee
06-04-2018, 10:09 PM
Says a lot that Boyle was offered a much longer contract a fair bit before the end of his previous one - Lennon obviously not only rates him, but believes he will continue to improve.

We have a manager who will sign quality, and improve them and the players he inherited. It's a really exciting time.

Oh flo kamberi
You are the love of my life
Oh flo kamberi
Id let you **** my wife
Oh flo kamberi
Loves to play for the hibees

Repeat.💚💚💚

truehibernian
06-04-2018, 10:15 PM
Agree really like McLaren very good work rate and some of his runs are superb. A real goal threat as he has shown recently.

JM is a quality player and compliments Kamberi perfectly. Dare is say, bar the fingertips of McLaughlin he would have scored the best derby goal since wee Russell's in the 6-2 game.

His work rate off the ball and link up play is getting better and better as he gets into the pace of this league. Very like Gary Hooper. I want us to sign both.

JimBHibees
07-04-2018, 09:19 AM
JM is a quality player and compliments Kamberi perfectly. Dare is say, bar the fingertips of McLaughlin he would have scored the best derby goal since wee Russell's in the 6-2 game.

His work rate off the ball and link up play is getting better and better as he gets into the pace of this league. Very like Gary Hooper. I want us to sign both.

Agree he is getting better and will continue to score given his smart movement around the goal.