PDA

View Full Version : NHC Clubs not allowed to use more than one ground for their home games in a single season

theonlywayisup
03-04-2018, 03:50 PM
................in England. Never knew that.

So says this article about Spurs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43628485

Is it the same rule in Scotland and Hertz got special permission? Or maybe we don't have such a ruling at all.

worcesterhibby
03-04-2018, 03:57 PM
I believe it was Special Permission. They asked for it and got it from all clubs including Hibs. They wanted to improve their ground, which is a good thing for the league. They have spent about 15million on building a heap of rusting rubbish, which is bad thing for Hearts. :greengrin

jgl07
03-04-2018, 04:07 PM
I believe it was Special Permission. They asked for it and got it from all clubs including Hibs. They wanted to improve their ground, which is a good thing for the league. They have spent about 15million on building a heap of rusting rubbish, which is bad thing for Hearts. :greengrin

How is it Hibs had three phases of Stadium improvements and expansion without having to decamp?

When Inverness CT were allowed to use two stadia they at least had to complete a round of home fixtures at Aberdeen before moving home. Celtic moved to Hampden for a season. Hamilton, Clyde and Airdrie spent several years one the road.

The reason why Hearts could not do that was down to bad planning and delaying the inevitable.

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 04:16 PM
How is it Hibs had three phases of Stadium improvements and expansion without having to decamp?

When Inverness CT were allowed to use two stadia they at least had to complete a round of home fixtures at Aberdeen before moving home. Celtic moved to Hampden for a season. Hamilton, Clyde and Airdrie spent several years one the road.

The reason why Hearts could not do that was down to bad planning and delaying the inevitable.

Hearts conned the league into thinking it would be built sooner than it was. Then when the fixtures where out and very little alternatives to swap games round they claimed to have forgotten to order seats or something.

horseflesh
03-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Christ, not again!

dp00
03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Who cares it’s not like they have gained an advantage ... if anything it’s helped make them worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theonlywayisup
04-04-2018, 06:37 AM
Christ, not again!

Honestly, was not aware of the rule or that it's been discussed on this forum, assuming that's what you mean.

Who cares it’s not like they have gained an advantage ... if anything it’s helped make them worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, it was the rule that I was interested. Not whether the Hertz gained anything from it or not, as it turned out.

hibbyfraelibby
04-04-2018, 08:32 AM

Hibs did not agree to it as they were never asked. The only teams asked were the Premiership teams in Season 2016/17 when we were in Championship. Rodders was spitting feathers on our behalf about the stitch up apparently.

Crazyhorse
04-04-2018, 01:57 PM

But they have increased their capacity by about 1800 seats so well worth it....