PDA

View Full Version : Team v Hamilton

Monts
03-04-2018, 01:26 PM
Whats the thoughts on the team tonight?

McLaren seemed to come off with a bit of a limp. Will he make it tonight?
Whittaker did well when he came on for bartley. Enough to warrant a start?
Marciano is back from suspension. Will he regain the gloves?

SChibs
03-04-2018, 01:34 PM
1. Don't think it was anything serious

2. I agree whittaker should be given a chance after playing well on saturday.

3. Bell has picked up a slight knock so Marciano will start.

1875M
03-04-2018, 01:36 PM
Marciano (Bell has done well but Marciano is #1 when he is available)
Ambrose Daz Hanlon

Boyle Stevenson
McGeough McGinn

Allan
Kamberi MacLaren

Same team but McGinn and Marciano come in for Bartley and Bell

Monts
03-04-2018, 01:38 PM
Marciano (Bell has done well but Marciano is #1 when he is available)
Ambrose Daz Hanlon

Boyle Stevenson
McGeough McGinn

Allan
Kamberi MacLaren

Same team but McGinn and Marciano come in for Bartley and Bell

McGinn is still suspended

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 01:43 PM
I'd start Bartley to win the midfield battles. The pitch will be heavy so it could be a slog.

thegaffer12
03-04-2018, 01:48 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Boyle Whittaker McGeouch Stevenson

Allan

McLaren Kamberi

Keep it similar, why not?

Sauzee16
03-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Marciano; Ambrose, McGregor, Hanlon; Boyle, Bartley, McGeouch, Stevenson; S Allan; Kamberi, Maclaren

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Unless McLaren is injured, the only decision is Bartley or Whitaker.

Marciano is our number one keeper so he should play. I suspect Bell's knock may be a pride saving invention.

JDHibs
03-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Rocky back in for Bell. Whittaker to start instead of Bartley. Looked alot better once Whittaker had come on. More assured on the ball, better passer and more urgency than Bartley

Rocky

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Allan

MacLaren Kamberi

Shrekko
03-04-2018, 02:30 PM
Marciano is our number one keeper so he should play. I suspect Bell's knock may be a pride saving invention.

Not the one he got lengthy treatment for?

I don’t think we need to make up anything for an experienced player. His pride will still be in tact after 2 excellent stand in performances.

The Spaceman
03-04-2018, 02:34 PM
Bartley has been an absolute colossus for us in the biggest games for the past few years. Whilst he will have a very important part to play in our run-in, I think Whittaker should step in tonight as Hamilton will be sitting deep so we will need to go at them with a high tempo!

Aim Here
03-04-2018, 02:36 PM
Unless McLaren is injured, the only decision is Bartley or Whitaker.

Bell definitely took some kind of knock just after half time versus Partick - the physio was called out to put him back together again.

Hibbyradge
03-04-2018, 02:38 PM
Not the one he got lengthy treatment for?

I don’t think we need to make up anything for an experienced player. His pride will still be in tact after 2 excellent stand in performances.

Yes, you're right.

I'd forgotten about the knock he got as I wasn't at the game.

Alan62
03-04-2018, 02:44 PM
For me, the team pretty much picks itself. Marciano is available so he's straight back in with a gentle reminder that he's not allowed to touch the ball with his hands outside the box. Then there's only one other decision to make: Whittaker or Bartley? Based on the way the team improved dramatically with Whittaker's introduction on Saturday, I'd go with him in that central midfield role. That's not knocking Bartley. He's an important player for us but you could see on Saturday that Whittaker brought organisational advantages to the midfield as well as an ability to play a bigger range of passes.

Whoever plays, I can't wait. Must look out the long johns though. It's going to be a cold one.

Jones28
03-04-2018, 03:08 PM
I'd maybe consider playing Whittiker and Bartley together in the midfield and leaving Mcgeouch out

Johnny_Leith
03-04-2018, 03:11 PM
I'd maybe consider playing Whittiker and Bartley together in the midfield and leaving Mcgeouch out

Why would anybody want to leave McGeouch out of the side? If he's fit, he plays. Quality player.

GordonHFC
03-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Marciano

Ambrose McGregor Hanlon

Allan

McLaren Kamberi

Keep it similar, why not?

This 👍

Jones28
03-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Why would anybody want to leave McGeouch out of the side? If he's fit, he plays. Quality player.

He definitely wasn't himself on Saturday. Maybe still feeling his injury?

Alan62
03-04-2018, 03:18 PM

I can't think of any circumstance where I'd leave Dylan out of our team if he was fit and available.

JDHibs
03-04-2018, 03:23 PM

Im glad you dont get any say in the team if im honest....

Jones28
03-04-2018, 03:25 PM
I can't think of any circumstance where I'd leave Dylan out of our team if he was fit and available.

As above, he wasn't himself on Saturday and this could be down to his recent injury.

Jones28
03-04-2018, 03:26 PM
Im glad you dont get any say in the team if im honest....

Well it's your lucky day then 👍

Johnny_Leith
03-04-2018, 03:28 PM
Think there was a few on Saturday not firing on all cylinders. Lack of game time recently would be a factor, hopefully we are a bit more 'match fit' tonight. In saying that I'd take an underwhelming performance and 2-0 win all day!

Jones28
03-04-2018, 03:50 PM
Think there was a few on Saturday not firing on all cylinders. Lack of game time recently would be a factor, hopefully we are a bit more 'match fit' tonight. In saying that I'd take an underwhelming performance and 2-0 win all day!

👍

Heisenberg
03-04-2018, 04:08 PM
I’d definitely think about dropping Bartley, we improved massively once Whittaker came on for him at the weekend. Bartley and McGeough rarely work well together as a two in midfield from what I can remember.

J-C
03-04-2018, 05:04 PM
Bartley showed on saturday that he offers nothing going forward and and we need to be more productive in the middle rather than just someone who can tackle a bit. Whittaker showed more in the 15 mins he was on that makes me want him to start, maybe even a chance for Slivka to come in and do a job.

Stuart93
03-04-2018, 05:13 PM
Think Mcgeouch and Bartley struggle to play in the same team to be honest. Looked a lot better when Whittaker came on

RossScott1991
03-04-2018, 05:18 PM
the team seems to pick itself these days bar the odd tweak. such a solid 11 we always put forward. Gone are days id be asking for about 4/5 of them to be dropped. high standards required to get into this side now

thegaffer12
03-04-2018, 05:54 PM
This 👍

Seems like Lennon has similar tastes :greengrin

Aldo
03-04-2018, 06:12 PM
Whittaker in for Marv will be only change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk